Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2013 12:07 AM

Jun 2011
Pusswookie said:
MelbShaw said:
Lol can't take this anime seriously.

Says the person currently watching Oreimo, Red Data Girl, and Tsugou no Yoi Sexfriend? whatever the hell that is.

For me watching Oreimo's episode right before this helped nail in the sheer horror quite nicely.
Apr 7, 2013 12:09 AM

Jun 2011
Apr 7, 2013 12:13 AM
Jun 2011
YES !! after years of Moe and cutsy stuff they finally bring back the gore and epicness that was once Anime. Its like the reawakening of the classics. If the pilot episode is anything to judge by we should be in for quite a ride .

I thought of picking up the manga as soon as i saw the first episode, but i guess it would be better to let it surprise me... can't wait.
Apr 7, 2013 12:14 AM

Jun 2011
This first episode get WOW rating!!
5/5 i really loved everything about it!!
Apr 7, 2013 12:21 AM
Aug 2011
Why the hell would you give someone their childs severed arm, much less try to salvage it in the first place.

Other than that it was pretty good and those titans sure look creepy.

I probably has to bitch about Kaji Yuki too, since his faggoty really is amazing. If there's a timeskip or something (which I assume, since they aren't old enough to fight the titans as of now) Eren's voice has to change somewhat.

5/5
Apr 7, 2013 12:32 AM
Dec 2012
I particularly enjoyed the battle engagement scene as well as the comic visual feel. I also absolutely loved the OP - one of the best. On the other hand the audio bits were a bit off, lacking a music track where I'd expect one - particularly at the big titans appearance (there was a track, but it was misused in my opinion).

Also, having read the manga, and, very lightly spoilerish, we've had two examples in this episode alone of the primary motif of this series - helplessness and fear. Not the conquering of either of those, though Eren certainly represents something like that. Nay.

Helplessness and fear, my friends, be prepared.
Apr 7, 2013 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
Very nice animation! A good introductory episode, now if it can keep up at this level.
Apr 7, 2013 12:33 AM

Mar 2012
That played like the first ten minutes of every J-RPG ever. Main is really annoying. Character designs are hideous. Will give it one episode of redemption.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 7, 2013 12:34 AM

Oct 2011
YESSS!
I have been waiting MONTHS for this to be animated! Finally it is out! I screamed with excitement! The art and voice actors made it amazing, I like the way the anime is set out to! I love the manga sooo much!
Apr 7, 2013 12:34 AM
Dec 2012
vansonbee said:
I don't blame Hanne if this shit was real in life. I would thought he had experience with giants before, but I guess its only the recon team.
Hopelessness and fear, my friend.

Be prepared for more.

Brodyzera said:
I'm terrified of giants now.
After reading half of the manga for like 7 hours straight, I had the WORST dream.

Amarrez said:
To be perfectly honest, the anime is better than the manga so far.

We'll see how it keeps up though.
I lol'd. This doesn't make any sense. It's one episode and one volume - the former is literally a carbon copy of the latter + movement.

With this you're basically saying you like anime more than manga.

Baptism said:
That played like the first ten minutes of every J-RPG ever. Main is really annoying. Character designs are hideous. Will give it one episode of redemption.
It's a unique and imaginative setting-situation.

The main has done like two things.

I liked the character designs.

You've clearly come into this episode expecting not to like it.

Also, I'm a prophet: You will not like the next episode.

Godtier_Taste said:
Bad News! As expected! This anime is going to have bullshit ending. Too FUCKING bad! Yeah I know... IT SUCKS!
What? How did you know?

I think the ending will be subpar, like the rest of the story.

Mod Edit: Please do not quadruple post. Also, if you're going to write "Spoiler:" please just use spoiler tags instead.
KinetaApr 7, 2013 5:21 AM
Apr 7, 2013 12:39 AM

Sep 2011
That was sick.
Apr 7, 2013 12:48 AM

Oct 2008
dumb angst and gay kaji voice galore but very entertaining.
Apr 7, 2013 12:52 AM
May 2010
DAMN.. This is so good. People actually die ! Love it
5/5
Apr 7, 2013 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
Even though the OP sounded cool, this was really scary and brutal. I might marathon it later for I'm a bit curious.
tsubasaloverApr 8, 2013 7:33 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 7, 2013 1:00 AM
Jun 2008
LanaNi said:
5/5
I lol when you say this. Sound like as if character in Anime rarely died xD
Apr 7, 2013 1:00 AM
Jul 2018
That was a great first episode! I just hope it doesn't end up like Sword Art Online...
Apr 7, 2013 1:02 AM

Mar 2013
Eye-gasm, ear-gasm, and a heart-gasm for the last scene?

Perfection? For a first episode, yes. For the whole series, maybe.
“A trip is the most fun before one sets out on it. With dogs, the bark and not the bite is more frightening and women are almost always prettier when they are shrouded in mystery. I can never be as pretty as you imagine and I would never do something like that to you. Would it not be better to imagine?” -Holo the Wise Wolf
Apr 7, 2013 1:06 AM

Mar 2013
dorothy3242 said:
Pusswookie said:
MelbShaw said:
Lol can't take this anime seriously.

Says the person currently watching Oreimo, Red Data Girl, and Tsugou no Yoi Sexfriend? whatever the hell that is.

For me watching Oreimo's episode right before this helped nail in the sheer horror quite nicely.

Ironically I did exactly that as well. Truthfully, it did [comparatively] make Attack on Titan that much better.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Apr 7, 2013 1:10 AM
Mar 2010
vansonbee said:
I don't blame Hanne if this shit was real in life. I would thought he had experience with giants before, but I guess its only the recon team.

Regarding Eren mother last moments, she said "no", because she either recall Eren wanting to join the recon team and face the titans like she saw now, or maybe she was afraid for her life, when her children is safe.

The real chopping down on humans, I wonder if THE BD/DVD will have it.

Nah, she actually kinds of chickened out in the end (the dialogue is bit clearer in the manga). Not that I blame her though. Btw, did anybody notice her feet moving in the last scene? Did she actually lied to made her son run away? I don't remember seeing such details in the manga.
Apr 7, 2013 1:11 AM

Jul 2012
Top notch.
Apr 7, 2013 1:12 AM

Jan 2009
That was a perfect first episode. I don't think I've seen many other series that pulled a first episode this good. High hopes for this series, I hope it doesn't go downhill.
Apr 7, 2013 1:14 AM
Jun 2011
this anime blew me away...I didn't read the manga...but for this episode it is epic...look at that BIG GUY just kicking the wall in an epic scale...thumbs up....I hope the series doesn't get away from its core...
Apr 7, 2013 1:14 AM

Mar 2011
Fantastic 1st episode.
Apr 7, 2013 1:15 AM

Mar 2012
Billbillstar said:

No. The city surrounded by walls to protect the citizens against the dangers of the outside world has been done countless times. It's not imaginative just because the source of the danger is giants.

He pretty much had 20 minutes of screen time. More than enough to prove how annoying he is.

That's fine. I actually like the bodies and the faces with smaller eyes, but the people with big eyes look like they are on hard drugs.

Nope, I actually wanted to like it. Unfortunately it's eerily similar to SAO so far.

You're probably right, but I still think it might have potential.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 2012
AWESOME. I will definitely follow this Anime...

Apr 2013
Billbillstar said:
vansonbee said:

Be prepared for more.

Well, it would be stupidest idea to engage a giant or something that terrifying alone. This isn't a shounen show after all, where one dude can stand against a giant or a huge army alone.
Apr 7, 2013 1:16 AM

Dec 2012
LOL its ranked #30 now.
Bandwagons gonna love this
Apr 7, 2013 1:21 AM

Aug 2011
Hope we get to see these titans smash more shit up... dat animation. Lol at that dude who saw that scary motherfucker and decided to get the hell out of there.
Apr 7, 2013 1:22 AM

Feb 2012
Great start :D

Expecting more from this series~
Apr 7, 2013 1:29 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode ^.^ Nice animation, ost, expression and all..
I laughed at the part when Eren running to save Arwin, those guys are liike wanna beat up the crap out of him, then saw Mikasa behind and run away xD

Man...look at the expression of that titan.

Luxorcist said:
Mumble200 said:
That was absolutely terrifying.
I want a Terra Formars adaption.

Terra Formars would be one of the next breakout mangas to get an anime. o/

I don't think it would get adaption but if it did, it will be damn holy shit.. I can't eat or drink anything while watching the anime..
Apr 7, 2013 1:29 AM
Mar 2012
The animation is great and you can see that the staff really worked on this so I don't really mind the censorship, it can't be like the manga after all or it'll get cancelled but can we at least get a clear front picture on the titans?
Oh yeah and Recon Corps sounds stupid, hope the subbers change it to Scouting Legion, the crying on eren's face in the beginning could have been better btw
ShadugeApr 7, 2013 1:33 AM
Apr 7, 2013 1:34 AM
Dec 2012
Baptism said:
Billbillstar said:

No. The city surrounded by walls to protect the citizens against the dangers of the outside world has been done countless times. It's not imaginative just because the source of the danger is giants.

He pretty much had 20 minutes of screen time. More than enough to prove how annoying he is.

That's fine. I actually like the bodies and the faces with smaller eyes, but the people with big eyes look like they are on hard drugs.

Nope, I actually wanted to like it. Unfortunately it's eerily similar to SAO so far.

You're probably right, but I still think it might have potential.

The setting is more imaginative than your criticism, not saying much, because you've cut and pasted few of many points to suit your narrow propensity.

I disagree, I think the people with big eyes look sober - or scared - or shocked - or et cetera.

I don't believe you.
Apr 7, 2013 1:35 AM

Apr 2011
LanaNi said:
5/5

Yes, people get killed when they die...

Or was it the other way around...?
Apr 7, 2013 1:37 AM

May 2012
SIMPLY EPIC!!

This is the kind of anime that we need!

Who are the three and one poor-sorry souls that hated and disliked this...
Apr 7, 2013 1:37 AM
Nov 2012
Well...
This
is
SPARTA !!!!
Apr 7, 2013 1:39 AM
Dec 2012
FlamingYu said:
Billbillstar said:
vansonbee said:

Be prepared for more.

Well, it would be stupidest idea to engage a giant or something that terrifying alone. This isn't a shounen show after all, where one dude can stand against a giant or a huge army alone.

Oh, sorry, ya, sorry to say this but.

How you are wrong! It kinda is shounen-y, in some regards. You'll see.

What sets it aside is that the author is a brutal bastard who doesn't give a shit about his characters, which is actually pretty cool sometimes.
Apr 7, 2013 1:41 AM
Aug 2012
Still, aren't the production values for this a few years too early? Or maybe it's just that the rest of the shows this season are crap.

Ranked #30 in just a few hours of release. Deserved it, if you ask me.
Apr 7, 2013 1:42 AM
Mar 2013
Billbillstar said:
Baptism said:

Agree. The character designs should have been clear from the preview.
Just what did you expect, really?

Also, what is up with people recommending SAO?! They're nothing alike, except maybe they're both in a survival situation. But in Shingeki no Kyojin it's acutally srs business, unlike SAO...

Great episode, I for one am satisfied by this adaption. The music was awesome!
Apr 7, 2013 1:43 AM

Jul 2010
great ep, looking forward to next week been waiting a few months for this. But why did they have to use kaiji's voice >_>
Apr 7, 2013 1:44 AM

May 2012
Avik_Mullick said:
YES !! after years of Moe and cutsy stuff they finally bring back the gore and epicness that was once Anime. Its like the reawakening of the classics. If the pilot episode is anything to judge by we should be in for quite a ride .

I thought of picking up the manga as soon as i saw the first episode, but i guess it would be better to let it surprise me... can't wait.

Trends have to end sometime, nothing last forever, Lets hope as we go through this decade things change for the better this time, hopefully around 2015-2016 we know what this decade is and will be dominated by.
Apr 7, 2013 1:44 AM

Sep 2011
jup said:
Billbillstar said:
Baptism said:

Agree. The character designs should have been clear from the preview.
Just what did you expect, really?

Also, what is up with people recommending SAO?! They're nothing alike, except maybe they're both in a survival situation. But in Shingeki no Kyojin it's acutally srs business, unlike SAO...

Great episode, I for one am satisfied by this adaption. The music was awesome!

Welcome to MAL. Where a previous series that was hyped gets recommended to the next hype.
Apr 7, 2013 1:52 AM

Aug 2012
That was a good episode.
The ending scene made me yell manly screams of awesomeness.
Apr 7, 2013 2:02 AM

Dec 2011
Holy shit that was amazing
Apr 7, 2013 2:03 AM

Jan 2013
Opening(not opening sequence) was kinda lame(everyone flying over the roofs at the same time huh). Anyway I wonder how long they can maintain the quality.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 7, 2013 2:12 AM
Mar 2011
That OP is so fucking epic I can't even...
The art and animation is great, without a doubt the best I've seen in a while.

Wow, ranked #30 just hours after release. That's impressive.
I'm also very worried it will turn into another SAO, though. Let's hope the quality of the first episode will be maintained throughout the rest of the series.

Also, am I the only one here who has read The Golden Door by Emily Rodda?
If you have, you'll know what I'm talking about.
_Unused_Account_Apr 7, 2013 3:41 AM
*insert witty signature here*
Apr 7, 2013 2:13 AM

May 2012
now that's what i call a high-quality TV anime series
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 7, 2013 2:15 AM

Sep 2011
xHoneythief said:
That OP is so fucking epic I can't even...
The art and animation is great, without a doubt the best I've seen in a while.

Wow, ranked #30 just hours after release. That's impressive.
I'm also very worried it will turn into another SAO, though. Let's hope the quality of the first episode will be maintained throughout the rest of the series.

Shouldn't I've read the manga up to the latest chapter and there's no fucking harem, girls going all over one guy etc. Hell it's mostly blood bathes and action.
Apr 7, 2013 2:21 AM

Oct 2011
This will be the season's best anime

Apr 7, 2013 2:24 AM
Jul 2012
the 1st episode is so good that i'm afraid it'll become so bad at the end :/

10/10 for me so far
Apr 7, 2013 2:24 AM

Feb 2012
A great first episode. If there would be anything to complain, then it would be the CGI sequences which are sometimes a bit low quality and headache inducing, but this is a really small point compared to the perfection that is the rest of this first episode...Damn, how many years did we wait for something as epic as this?
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Pages (32) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1656 by ExecrableDan »»
Jun 2, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

247Eyes - Jul 13, 2013

546 by LT637_Anime »»
Jun 1, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.