Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2012 2:53 AM
Oct 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Those scientists are really dumb. Someone escaped from a place and you put her back in this exact same place without even trying to understand how the fuck she did escape from that place, at least increase the fucking security and hire someone to keep an eye on the bitch.
If I was one of those scientists, first thing I would do was interrogating her and trying to find some objects that might have helped her.

Sometimes I wonder if certain posters even watch it.
Nov 25, 2012 3:05 AM

Jan 2012
This episode more or less cemented SAO as 3/10; the first one in a while that I'm actually going to finish.
GuZNov 25, 2012 3:17 AM
Nov 25, 2012 3:07 AM

Feb 2012
The tentacle action made me laugh, there goes the budget.
Nov 25, 2012 3:12 AM

Jun 2009
kaimax said:

and Lol.. notify the GM, that's like "saying hi, to Sugou"

Sugou is not the GM, he's the head of "full dive" research team. (At least this is Kirito's knowledge)

Lets say Sugou is the head of Full Dive Research team and Kirito don't trust him as he seem to favor the idea of Asuna staying stuck somewhere, he still got other options. (When I mention notify the GM, I"m merely stating one of the many things he could do.)

Tell Asuna's father is one. (The father want his little girl back)

There's also police and such. (If Asuna is stuck there, obviously the chance of the remaining 299 to be there is very high. Even if the remaining 299 is not there(IF SCENARIO), Asuna's location can be a big clue to where they might end up.)

There are a bunch of ways to deal with this, flying upward into a barrier is not.

While I do sympathies with the fact that he want to meet Asuna earlier by flying up, not to mention PTSD he "may" have suffered from SAO may caused him to forgot he's in a game. (seeing that he didn't receive a single counseling, at least not to my knowledge)

Just suddenly flying upward without having to remind yourself how to move your wings again(wings are unnatural to begin with) or you're in a game is a bit off to me.

EDIT: In Aincard arc, I'm only dead upset about the fact that Asuna moved and that there's a ghost in episode 6(What is a ghost doing in an MMORPG). So far in Alfheim, even though the pacing is much better, I don't find this half as good as Aincard. At this point, I'm very close to hating it.

EDIT 2: This is exactly like my experience with Guilty Crown.

I can still enjoy the first half of GC with a bit of tolerance, loved the beginning of second half, and hate the remaining bits.

SAO is going in this exact same thread

This is not looking good at all...
AirStylesNov 25, 2012 3:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2012 3:14 AM

Sep 2012
whatever123456 said:
SetsukoHara said:
Those scientists are really dumb. Someone escaped from a place and you put her back in this exact same place without even trying to understand how the fuck she did escape from that place, at least increase the fucking security and hire someone to keep an eye on the bitch.
If I was one of those scientists, first thing I would do was interrogating her and trying to find some objects that might have helped her.

Sometimes I wonder if certain posters even watch it.

They don't even know how she escaped in the first place, for all they know, there were no way for her to know the password. She wasn't supposed to know the first password yet she did escape, what makes them think that she won't be able to escape now they've changed the password.

Is that really what you would do if you were at those scientists place? Just changing the password and calling it a day. No way she's going to escape, this password is a great security as was shown earlier when she escaped this cage...
Nov 25, 2012 3:31 AM

Aug 2012
I'm surprised that every week people still give episodes a 5 out of 5. Is it that some fans want this anime to be good so badly that they ignore how increasingly mediocre is becomes every week.
Nov 25, 2012 3:35 AM

Nov 2011
What a boring ep, nothing happened. And I thought the title "The Truth of Alfeim" means we'd get some good revelations but turns out we already know it. Yawn.
Nov 25, 2012 3:38 AM

Jun 2009
LanceC said:
What a boring ep, nothing happened. And I thought the title "The Truth of Alfeim" means we'd get some good revelations but turns out we already know it. Yawn.

^_^

The title name is pretty strong, I was expecting something very big myself.

EDIT: This reminds me... I didn't even get a boner during the whole tentacle scene...

I mean, I never find her the least bit "attractive" to begin with... Even in her underwears and naked photoshop picture... I can't believe even tentacle rape is not doing it... Just how much do I not care about Asuna? (I actually liked her in episode 2 and 13, other than those 2 episode, she seem pretty stale to me)
AirStylesNov 25, 2012 3:46 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2012 3:39 AM

May 2010
When i see stuff like that i cant help but be pissed off, why sneak all the way then start running at the last min? that like asking to be cought man.
Nov 25, 2012 3:51 AM
Oct 2010
Hydnlife said:
When i see stuff like that i cant help but be pissed off, why sneak all the way then start running at the last min? that like asking to be cought man.
Well, she could see the "exit" (the master console or whatever it's called) and it almost frigging worked, except she hesitated at the last moment... running was not the problem, but running without having made up her mind.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 25, 2012 4:04 AM

Apr 2009
Why do the scientists have rape slug avatars again?
Why the fuck if Suguha in love with Kirito again?
Why is "characterization" so atrocious?
Why does this anime still make no fucking sense?

Oh, the questions just keep piling up...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 25, 2012 4:11 AM

Nov 2008
Seems they skipped that elephant god part and the sword but meh its moving along nicely <(^.^)>
Nov 25, 2012 4:21 AM
Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

Why the fuck if Suguha in love with Kirito again?
Why is "characterization" so atrocious?
Why does this anime still make no fucking sense?

Oh, the questions just keep piling up...

These are not valid questions.

Why not?
Nov 25, 2012 4:40 AM
Nov 2012
You really have to read the light novel if you want to understand the characters feelings and emotions deeply, because the story is a little bit compacted in the anime.

For example when reading the part that kirito dash up to the sky trying to reach asuna it was really intense and touching in the LN
Nov 25, 2012 4:41 AM

May 2008
Man that was great , i feel so bad for Suguha , she deserves better :(, but it cant be helped if the person you like already have someone he likes.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 25, 2012 4:44 AM

Sep 2010
Tentacle Rape was awesome......

They emulated ALO servers, data maintainers, staff, and players' brains in side the ALO,...... Ha ha ha......

3/5
Nov 25, 2012 4:47 AM

Jun 2009
remavrg said:
You really have to read the light novel if you want to understand the characters feelings and emotions deeply, because the story is a little bit compacted in the anime.

For example when reading the part that kirito dash up to the sky trying to reach asuna it was really intense and touching in the LN

The Novel can be intense and touching for all I care, if the anime didn't deliver, the anime didn't deliver. Just because something have a good source material doesn't mean you should forgive what it spawns.

Kinda like how my friend love F/S Night VN, and hated the anime.
Nov 25, 2012 4:48 AM

Apr 2009
whatever123456 said:

Why not?

Because it is fucking retarded. EVERYONE is this shitty game has a fairy avatar! The only reason for these scientists to have a slug avatar is for this atrocious tentacle scene and that is so fucking pathetic that I question your intelligence if you seriously defend this plot point.

remavrg said:

I read one volume from the LN. It's still subpar, although I must admit it is a bit better than the anime. Just because the adaption is bad doesn't mean the source material can't be horrible as well.

LuckyMango said:
makoa69 said:
I wish Kirito was the one who was captured and put in a bird cage while Asuna was the one rescuing him.

It's not manly for a man to sight tight while a girl rescues him.
If that happened it probably bring large amounts of criticism

No, I would actually like that. However, the anime staff and the creator apparently hate woman and would rather die than make sure a female is actually useful in the larger ppicture of the conflics displayed in this anime.
NidhoeggrNov 25, 2012 4:59 AM
Nov 25, 2012 4:59 AM

Jun 2010
They skipped Tonki-kun fuckthisshit.
Nov 25, 2012 5:01 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:

No, I would actually like that. However, the anime staff and the creator apparently hate woman and would rather die than make sure a female is actually useful in the larger ppicture of the conflics displayed in this anime.

Murder Case in SAO(LN only.)Next two fights in ALO,GGO arc,Mother's Rosario,Caliber,Underworld arc.Obviously the creator is dead....
Nov 25, 2012 5:07 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Murder Case in SAO(LN only.)Next two fights in ALO,GGO arc,Mother's Rosario,Caliber,Underworld arc.Obviously the creator is dead....

Kirito still did the most and there was a man that killed his woman because she dared to have an opinion and personality that wasn't totally obedient.
And the rest isn't animated yet (and since I didn't look at those parts of the LN I don't really know about them either), but I bet there will be misogyny as well. Just face it: This author is just your typical otaku.
Nov 25, 2012 5:11 AM

Jan 2012
Sword Hentai Online..............
Nov 25, 2012 5:14 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
ssjokg said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Kirito still did the most and there was a man that killed his woman because she dared to have an opinion and personality that wasn't totally obedient.
And the rest isn't animated yet (and since I didn't look at those parts of the LN I don't really know about them either), but I bet there will be misogyny as well. Just face it: This author is just your typical otaku.

So wait...The MC, a male,is super powerful,does most things and the females just exist to be protected or killed/raped/molested.
Geez this is totally unlike most manga,LN,anime out there,good,great and bad./sarcasm

As for the murder case it was Yuroko/Yolko that actually solved everything not Kirito.
Nov 25, 2012 5:19 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
Nidhoeggr said:
ssjokg said:
Nidhoeggr said:

So wait...The MC, a male,is super powerful,does most things and the females just exist to be protected or killed/raped/molested.
Geez this is totally unlike most manga,LN,anime out there,good,great and bad./sarcasm

As for the murder case it was Yuroko/Yolko that actually solved everything not Kirito.

That is also the reason why 90% of anime and manga suck. But at least most of them don't pretend to be holier than thou, making them far more enjoyable than this shitfest.
Nov 25, 2012 5:29 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
ssjokg said:
Nidhoeggr said:
ssjokg said:
Nidhoeggr said:

That is also the reason why 90% of anime and manga suck. But at least most of them don't pretend to be holier than thou, making them far more enjoyable than this shitfest.

What about the other 10%.Doesnt that count?Or does it have the "exceptions" that forgive it.because SAO has the "exceptions" too.And how is SAO(or any work) pretending to be anything?Is it because of the hype?Or the promotion?None of these.Unless the author comes out and say "hey everyone this is a book about the meaning of life"or some other shit,that story is just a story.
Nov 25, 2012 5:32 AM

Jun 2008
Why are we back at Sexist and Misogyny?

SAO isn't a heavy offender, since After ALO, Asuna is back being her SAO-self.

And honestly, When it's SAO it's sexist, but it's any other anime else no one even gives a single fuck.

This is why Chivalry is dead.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 25, 2012 5:36 AM

Aug 2009
kaimax said:

And honestly, When it's SAO it's sexist, but it's any other anime else no one even gives a single fuck.

because people dont like SAO so it's OK to ignore other anime/stories that are doing the same thing
Nov 25, 2012 5:39 AM

Apr 2008
I was kinda disappointed with this episode. I haven't read the novels or manga but its episode 21, it should have lots of action with lots of tension building and cliff hanging. But nothing pretty much happened in this episode.
Nov 25, 2012 5:41 AM

Aug 2009
Killik said:
I was kinda disappointed with this episode. I haven't read the novels or manga but its episode 21, it should have lots of action with lots of tension building and cliff hanging. But nothing pretty much happened in this episode.

it had cliff hanging.And the next eps are full of awesome fights(IF A-1 does it right.Judging from those fights in the OP I keep my expectations VERY low)with plot twists.
Plot twist spoiler:
not kidding.
Nov 25, 2012 5:45 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:

Plot twist spoiler:
not kidding.

If this were still SAO I would enjoy this twist a lot.
What deus ex machina does he use in the next episodes to win?
Nov 25, 2012 5:53 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
ssjokg said:

Plot twist spoiler:
not kidding.

If this were still SAO I would enjoy this twist a lot.
What deus ex machina does he use in the next episodes to win?

deus ex machina?I am pretty sure that we saw them
I think that this is nothing like a deus ex machina.
Nov 25, 2012 6:04 AM

Feb 2012
wow. tentacle rape in an action packed series? very unusual.
Nov 25, 2012 6:28 AM

Jun 2009
pizza_012 said:

Action packed series?

What have you been watching?
Nov 25, 2012 6:30 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
pizza_012 said:

Action packed series?

^this
But...
Wasnt Lyfa's ass in the last ep full of action?
Nov 25, 2012 6:32 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
pizza_012 said:

Action packed series?

^this
But...

No!

Have you not see the budget that goes into Asuna's action this episode?

But who cares, Suguha's boobies > everything Asuna.
Nov 25, 2012 6:35 AM

Jul 2007
kaimax said:

^THIS.

I hate Asuna's portrayal in Alfheim with passion and its one of the reasons why I will always rate ALO as the WORST arc in the whole entirety of SAO LNs, but the show is nowhere near as sexist as half the other stuff that is currently on air or was on air just few months back(*cough*Aesthetica, may you never get a sequel*cough*).

Is Asuna's portrayal in this arc shitty? Without a doubt.

Is the overall portrayal of females shitty? Not really. We have seen strong female figures, we had them actually do stuff and have actual resolve in life(Lisbeth's willpower to walk forward in SAO, even Asuna's defiance in Alfheim)

Asuna's portrayal in Alfheim is arguably the worst case in this whole show, but its exactly one case that lasts only few episodes and is overall nowhere near as worse as how certain other shows treat the female characters for the entirety of their episode count.

Its okay to not like how Asuna is "handled" in this arc or this episode, but its not okay to generalize entire show upon that, as there are far worse offenders airing right now.

ssjokg said:

deus ex machina?I am pretty sure that we saw them
I think that this is nothing like a deus ex machina.

^seriously this

Entirety of
Nov 25, 2012 6:37 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
pizza_012 said:

Action packed series?

^this
But...

No!

Have you not see the budget that goes into Asuna's action this episode?

But who cares, Suguha's boobies > everything Asuna.

I saw it on stream so I cant say much about the quality but they did give it too much screentime to a FAILED tentacle rape..Lyfa's ass was very nicely animated that I know.

And OMG yes:
But who cares, Suguha's boobies and legs > everything Asuna.
Nov 25, 2012 6:39 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:

Its okay to not like how Asuna is "handled" in this arc or this episode, but its not okay to generalize entire show upon that, as there are far worse offenders airing right now.

Hmmm... SAO is not the worst offender... Thus I shouldn't criticize it...

So I should say dog shit is better than cat shit because dog shit is not as smelly?

Actually... I think I put it a bit too harsh... How to rephrase that?

Because there's Orihime, who's handled much worse, therefor Asuna and SAO should not be criticize for how Asuna is handled?

ssjokg said:

And OMG yes:

Not legs!!!!

Thighs!
Nov 25, 2012 6:48 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
Fai said:

So I should say dog shit is better than cat shit because dog shit is not as smelly?

Actually... I think I put it a bit too harsh... How to rephrase that?

Because there's Orihime, who's handled much worse, therefor Asuna and SAO should not be criticize for how Asuna is handled?

Saying that you dont like it because it's sexist is ok. Debatable if you are right or not.
But saying that it is sexist because you dont like it is not ok.
Not directed at you.
ssjokg said:

And OMG yes:

No legs!!!!
Thighs!

I want the entire package.
Nov 25, 2012 6:51 AM

Jan 2012
lolincest pixels > waifu pixels?
Nov 25, 2012 6:53 AM

Jun 2009
GuZ said:

Yes!

Skinny perfect character are for 2000's. Now we want our new girls a bit rounder.

Yuru Yuri characters
Chuunibyou characters
and
Suguha is perfectly rounded!
Nov 25, 2012 6:57 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
GuZ said:

Yes!

Skinny perfect character are for 2000's. Now we want our new girls a bit rounder.

Yuru Yuri characters
Chuunibyou characters
and
Suguha is perfectly rounded!
Do you even NEED, to try to think better females than her?
Nov 25, 2012 7:16 AM

Oct 2011
tentacle rape is cheesy and cliche.

nice episode otherwise.
Nov 25, 2012 7:20 AM

Jun 2008
AirStyles said:
Fai said:

No one is telling anyone to not criticize SAO for being sexist, but most of you treat it as the most sexist anime to be ever created.

There are far worst offenders then SAO, why don't these guys complain about "sexist" on those specific animes. You guys are basically calling out on the weakest case just because it's popular.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 25, 2012 7:25 AM

May 2010
Okay it's official, this is the worst anime I have ever seen.
Nov 25, 2012 7:26 AM

Jun 2009
kaimax said:
AirStyles said:
Fai said:

No one is telling anyone to not criticize SAO for being sexist, but most of you treat it as the most sexist anime to be ever created.

There are far worst offenders then SAO, why don't these guys complain about "sexist" on those specific animes. You guys are basically calling out on the weakest case just because it's popular.

I call this out because I actually fucking care about this show. This show have literally, what I would call a dream anime setting, they have Asuna The Flash, who supposedly a strong female character and such... Of course I'm annoyed if she's handled badly!

For characters such as Sena and Yozora of Boku wa Tomodachi, I don't give a crap about how they're handled (Though I have to also say, at least they're consistent)

I care about how they portray Asuna!
Nov 25, 2012 7:27 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
AirStyles said:

I call this out because I actually fucking care about this show.

I care about how they portray Asuna

Pretty much this. I don't know WTF A-1 Pictures is thinking. Another facepalm episode.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 25, 2012 7:33 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
kaimax said:
AirStyles said:
Fai said:

I call this out because I actually fucking care about this show. This show have literally, what I would call a dream anime setting, they have Asuna The Flash, who supposedly a strong female character and such... Of course I'm annoyed if she's handled badly!

For characters such as Sena and Yozora of Boku wa Tomodachi, I don't give a crap about how they're handled (Though I have to also say, at least they're consistent)

I care about how they portray Asuna!

There is one problem.Asuna is weak in ALO because she is powerless to do anything because of Sugou.Not because she became retarded at some point of the show.It would be a problem if she just went from top player to noob for no fucking reason.This is the only time we see Asuna so "weak" anyway.

And maybe I dont have a problem because I dont really care about Asuna.....
Nov 25, 2012 7:35 AM

Oct 2012
FranLawliet said:
Okay it's official, this is the worst anime I have ever seen.

Great, you can not watch the last 4 episodes or post in a discussion board.

cya
Nov 25, 2012 7:48 AM

Jan 2011
I kinda feel bad SAO fanbase can't have a decent discussion because people come here just to say that it's bad. I'm not a fan of tentacles so I'm worried.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 3 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

102 by n0nsense_user »»
2 hours ago

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

20 by Swyzen »»
Yesterday, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1446 by kosarzek »»
Jun 6, 7:11 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

74 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1269 by Hesmiyu »»
Jun 4, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.