Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Feb 11, 2018 12:36 AM

Dec 2016
That Sota and Setsuna scene at the end hit me harder in the feels than I would've expected. Shit was soul crushing
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 23, 2018 12:32 AM

Mar 2015
Honestly, I don't mind the anticlimactic ending. If anything, this is the best way to end an OP villain of her reigns.... instead of the shit pulled by Obito-Madara-Kaguya from Kishimoto. Or Ichigo becoming even stronger than stronger to beat Aizen.

This gives out an amazing emotional ending, without pulling those kind of "power of friends" or "training" power ups of shonen bullshit.

Like seriously. I can't believe they could give Altair so much character and emotion in this one episode after building her as the baddest villain of the series by killing plenty of our heroes. This is an ending I could actually get behind for her. A happy ending for both her and Setsuna.

Altair's desperation to save Setsuna is amazing. Gotta give it to this anime for making an interesting villain.

Feb 23, 2018 6:21 AM
Jan 2018
DarklordVor said:
Honestly, I don't mind the anticlimactic ending. If anything, this is the best way to end an OP villain of her reigns.... instead of the shit pulled by Obito-Madara-Kaguya from Kishimoto. Or Ichigo becoming even stronger than stronger to beat Aizen.

This gives out an amazing emotional ending, without pulling those kind of "power of friends" or "training" power ups of shonen bullshit.

Like seriously. I can't believe they could give Altair so much character and emotion in this one episode after building her as the baddest villain of the series by killing plenty of our heroes. This is an ending I could actually get behind for her. A happy ending for both her and Setsuna.

Altair's desperation to save Setsuna is amazing. Gotta give it to this anime for making an interesting villain.

There was another way IRL writers could have her beaten.
Mar 8, 2018 6:07 AM

Mar 2015
Totally didn't see Setsuna's 'revival' coming!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 31, 2018 10:42 AM

May 2012
As expected this was going to be a tear jerking ending :'( really wonderful how they put every piece like this, and man was it wonderful! Really got me good there... looking forwards for the next and final episode, and well I do wonder how it will really end next.
Apr 29, 2018 2:52 AM
Feb 2018
I didn't ask for feels. :(
Aug 18, 2018 9:47 AM

Feb 2018
Altair, Setsuna and Sota episode ... 20 min serious and emotional for 3 of them ..
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
Sep 2, 2018 3:44 PM
Sep 2018
Well I was letting go of tears the entire time Altair and Setsuna were talking

:'(

Altair is probably one of my favorite "villains" of all time
May 14, 2019 11:10 AM
Dec 2017
The feels are hitting my heart.
Jun 3, 2019 6:57 PM

Jul 2009
I like it! I understand why it's supposed to be very emotional for Altair and the MC. Though there are definitely moments where I feel it's a bit too melodramatic.

I guess seeing the story being performed "live" in real time while thousands of people besides does feel a bit too awkward.

It's like watching a Drama with a full room of people. I mean, I'm not crying you know! T__T

Anyways, unfortunately we probably won't be getting a final battle with Altair. At most, the final battle was Selesia and Charon and Altair and Sirius.

I wonder what happens to Altair and Setsuna? Will they be traveling to different dimensions and creating endless stories while escaping death from her?

It'll be interesting if the creators will stay or not.

Last episode! Let's finish this!
Feb 1, 2021 12:12 AM

Nov 2019
Decent episode, nothing special.
Mar 4, 2021 12:46 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Not gonna lie if I was in that audience I’d be thinking: “yeah ok that was pretty emotional I guess but what tf did I just watch LOL some multiverse shit”

So it all comes full circle, the creation, re-creating the creator, and then together creating a new world for themselves? I don’t get all the technicalities, partly because I haven’t been paying attention to all those exposition scenes, but I’m assuming they’ve left earth and have made their own world now? Guess they got out of the birdcage, which is another thing I don’t exactly get how it works and why they needed it, couldn’t they just have done this as easily without whatever this birdcage thing was? Ok yeah I’m sorry I was literally not paying attention while the walking encyclopedia of exposition magic chick was explaining it, I kind of tuned out whenever she started talking lol

Also forgot what the requirements were for our creation characters to go home, like, can they go home now? Was it just Altair keeping them there with whatever divine power she has? And is Altair like even MORE powerful now because apparently she has a lot of “acceptance”? Which is another thing I didn’t quite get, is it like a dream works rise of the guardians type of thing where you kind of just have to believe in a character to make them real? Dang I just realized I have a lot of questions about how everything works, but I really don’t feel like going back and rewatching the episodes where I kind of dozed off. Maybe I just want to know these things because somewhere along the way I got invested in this world (or worldS) and then suddenly cared about how everything works.

Whatever really, no matter, we’re at the end of this, guess I’ll just try to enjoy it for what it is and hope we get a good denumont, yeah I can’t spell but whatever it is that you call the end of a story, like the cooling down period, you know what I mean whatever time to watch the last episode! And btw yeah still a 6/10 anime for me. Unless this last episode pulls out some magic trick that changes the game it’s gonna stay at a 6.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 18, 2022 2:42 PM

Dec 2020
Honestly, the way Setsuna was slowly walking towards Altair, I thought she was suddenly at any time going to pull out a knife and commit the plot twist of the century.
Nov 3, 2022 2:58 PM
Jul 2021

MonoJuMal said:
I knew Setsuna would show up and save the day and Altair would be defeated with love. She was too overpowered, so this was the only one.

That being said, I was wondering how Setsuna's parents must have felt seeing their daughter up there as a character. That must have been hard for them, not only seeing their daughter's creation as a villain but seeing their dead daughter there too.

I hope Souta spoke with them before doing this.

This, why is no one else mentioning this? Also I think it's kinda pathetic if you value one interaction you had with someone you met online to this degree. Like are the lives of Japanese people just so sad and devoid of substance that an interaction like what Setsuna and Sota had is the highlight of your life? I get this isn't written for adults, but even as a 16 year old, I feel like I'd find this whole situation pretty contrived.
Feb 7, 2023 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
I like how the anime is telling the audience that we gain strength and endure through the anime we watch (which is also what Altair has done to the audience of this world)
It's all very relatable honestly because it's true, how many times have we seen people say they learned so many life lessons from anime characters.

And not just anime, people endure because of any media, it just helps them through life.
Jul 7, 2023 7:25 AM

Nov 2021
ugh this episode was like cute, but can we hurry up? too bad it seems Souta ain't getting his ass beat 😒

Nov 4, 2023 9:53 PM

Nov 2022
That was an emotional roller coaster and the ending fits so well it was perfect
Jan 10, 12:30 AM

Aug 2019
You know what, yeah i'll give them that, i didn't completely hate that ending nor find it as boring as i initially thought it'll be.

So the predication that Souta's creation was Setsuna and the ending would be Setsuna basically pacifying or psychologically break Altair down to a point where she wouldn't end the world was correct to a degree, except Setsuna's appearance wasn't solely a cheap psychological attack on Altair for the rest to finish her, more like a redemption moment of sorts that greatly expanded on her character from the jaded antagonist we see, to the impossible entity that distasted the world for what it did to her creator and only wanted to be happy with her.

What i actually was kinda surprised by and thought they did really well on, was the dialogue between the two. Even though my brain at this point in the show had shutoff during dialogue, i still tried to process as much of their conversation as possible, and honestly it was good, a lot of psychology with Altair's true colours and emotions being shown that linked to her motifs and even her attitude to her comrades which i liked a lot, her speech about being a "villain" i thought hit the nail on the head that showed Altair wasn't completely rotten to the core or had a black heart the entire show. Altair voicing her emotions and reasonings to Setsuna was also amazing and interesting to fully see, genuinely making me like her character more now that we get to see the full picture, and thankfully it was executed relatively well imo.
The train scene was also quite good, thought it was a bit overdramatic at first with Altair's dialogue about defying reality and fate and such, but the result makes up for it when she quite literally defies it to be with / save Setsuna which i personally loved.

The ending Altair and Setsuna got, by Altair using her infinite powers to create a new world for just her and Setsuna to become akin to Gods, was honestly also surprisingly pleasant and ok for me. I thought the scenes were also executed well and i could really feel the emotions in them, a lot of heart to heart in some of those scenes that made me happy for them.
At the end, both of them definitely could use the therapy time and the together time, they've kinda been through their own hell's at this point and have both at one point thought the entire world was out to get them.

All in all i'm pleased with Altair and Setsuna happy ending i thought they went decently in-depth with both their characters at the moment and it greatly helped make their ending more meaningful and fulfilling to watch as a viewer. Thinking about it now, it definitely beats the "ally side" using some really cheap tactic that weakened Altair enough both physically and mentally, for all the creations to jump on her in a bloody battle and her dying that way. I guess it also beats Altair blowing the world up, even though that would of been the most metal plot twist of the show, but the ending we got I'd say Altair wins in since she gets to live and peacefully spend an eternity with her creator alone so i'll take it.
Code0018Jan 10, 1:12 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

260 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

207 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

237 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

244 by Karva1 »»
May 26, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

377 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.