Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2017 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Hoshikawa got her powers stripped by Altair in one move. Nerf Altair

Interesting new weapon used again Altair this episode:

Tbh, I think this episode is the first time Altair has shown some weakness and actually struggling in a fight. About time Meteora and the others pulled this from their plan. Too bad that wasn't even enough to stop her.
Sep 2, 2017 8:16 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I am very disappointed. What I said since Episode 13 happened, Sota's solution will fix all the mess and the solution is simply to bring back Setsuna. Magane is a filler character that is just there to explain why Sota's idea could happen. They or were teleported into the past or recreated the moment when Setsuna suicided The solution was predictable and is sad that the authors didn't decide another idea than the predictable one. Obviously, Altair can't kill Setsuna? or will save her? I remember the part of "this world has laws" from Sota but again Magane filled the hole with her power.

All the other characters are disposable, sadly it is in that way.
PipeSep 2, 2017 10:27 AM

Sep 2, 2017 8:20 AM
Aug 2017
Pipe said:
I am very disappointed. What I said since Episode 13 happened, Sota's solution will fix all the mess and the solution is simply to bring back Setsuna. Magane is a filler character that just is there to explain why Sota's idea could happen. They or were teleported into the past or recreated the moment when Setsuna suicided The solution was predictable and is sad that the authors didn't decide another idea than the predictable one. Obviously, Altair can't kill Setsuna? or will save her? I remember the part of "this world has laws" from Sota but again Magane filled the hole with her power.

I'm not sure about your words. I think that after that Altair will become much more angry and break the cage, 2 more episodes
Sep 2, 2017 8:27 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Debigll said:
Pipe said:
I am very disappointed. What I said since Episode 13 happened, Sota's solution will fix all the mess and the solution is simply to bring back Setsuna. Magane is a filler character that just is there to explain why Sota's idea could happen. They or were teleported into the past or recreated the moment when Setsuna suicided The solution was predictable and is sad that the authors didn't decide another idea than the predictable one. Obviously, Altair can't kill Setsuna? or will save her? I remember the part of "this world has laws" from Sota but again Magane filled the hole with her power.

I'm not sure about your words. I think that after that Altair will become much more angry and break the cage, 2 more episodes

It is unlike that she will get angry for seeing Setsuna. After all, she wants to destroy the reality because Setsuna suffered. She will have a vulnerability called Setsuna and in that moment is when she is going to be defeated.

Sep 2, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2016
OMG OMG OMG this ep was amazing. When everyone thought Sirius took over Altair, and had her existence overwritted, Altair took advantage and took over Sirius ... Altair new design is awesome..
When Setsuna appeared i stared to cry so hard...I'm still crying :( :( That face that Altair made, surprised and sad...The thought that she will meet her creator :( :(
2 more episodes my friends

joshua10redSep 2, 2017 9:03 AM

Sep 2, 2017 8:44 AM
Jul 2016
So much has happened in this episode. At first I thought that Sirius was Souta original character, but it wasn't so...

It really was Setsuna.

Selesia is really dead, so sad.

The part when all believe that Altair was defaeted and they were wrong, was predictable.

I really like when Souta and Magane use the spell together.
Sep 2, 2017 8:45 AM
Aug 2017
Shirotsemekuza did not help, if Setsuna does not help, how will they fight Altair?
Sep 2, 2017 8:51 AM

Dec 2014
To be honest, I liked the crazy solution of defeating Altair by summoning Altair Alter more. xD
That being said the summoning Setsuna is definitely the more believable solution to the problem.

Kinda felt sad that Altair Alter was defeated just like that, at least I like Altair new's design. :3

I'm not sure I understood the exact context behind how they were able to recreate Setsuna and the location, did Magane use her powers to help Meteora's spell?

Action and Soundtrack were pretty awesome this episode, the blue and pink balls clashing reminded me of the first Pokemon movie. XD
Sep 2, 2017 8:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I had a feeling that Souta's trump card would have been to bring Setsuna back as a Creation

Out of every possible scenario, a mind fuck would be the only way to possibly defeat Altair considering that she was only bound to get more OP

I liked the idea of Sirius though, that was pretty smart of them to try and overwrite Altair's existence but the second they said that she had no personality, the character was doomed to fail.....They got too desperate and made this move too soon

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what will come of this new twist and PLEASE DON'T LET YUYA DIE!!!!!!!
Sep 2, 2017 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
An OC character/Setsuna showing up were the things people predicted would happen and would you look at what happened this episode!

If Altair is just going to accept Setsuna showing up like Blitz and it will end like that I'll be dissapointed. I'd rather have her win by restarting the world or something along those lines.
Sep 2, 2017 9:01 AM

Aug 2013
It was too soon to defeat Altair with Sirius. Though I like Altair new design.

Yuuya managed to avoid a Mamika-like death. That was close call. I don't want him to die.

They revived Setsuna as a character, possibly thanks to Magane. Guess she was really there for the fun.

Sep 2, 2017 9:07 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
To be honest, I liked the crazy solution of defeating Altair by summoning Altair Alter more. xD
That being said the summoning Setsuna is definitely the more believable solution to the problem.

Kinda felt sad that Altair Alter was defeated just like that, at least I like Altair new's design. :3

I'm not sure I understood the exact context behind how they were able to recreate Setsuna and the location, did Magane use her powers to help Meteora's spell?

Action and Soundtrack were pretty awesome this episode, the blue and pink balls clashing reminded me of the first Pokemon movie. XD

Yes, it was said in the episode when Sota talked with Magane at the stadium, her power could be used for recreating a "Creator" based on a lie that's the primary purpose of Magane. Without Magane all the concept would have failed. Magane's power allows breaking the laws of the worlds including the creator's world.

Sep 2, 2017 9:14 AM

Jun 2014
It was pretty obvious that Altair was going to come back somehow, the way she was "defeated" by Sirius was way too easy. With 2 episodes left, some shit was bound to happen.

Hikayu lost her powers, Yuya and Hakua got fucked over, and now Blitz is the only one left standing. They brought back Setsuna as their final trump card though, with help from Magane's power. I'm interested in seeing exactly how this fight will end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 2, 2017 9:14 AM
Jul 2014
I KNEW IT!

This outcome was always going to happen; the producers had dropped hints all along that Shimazaki would be resurrected.

Her purpose is to defeat Altair psychologically, since within the scope of the cage Altair's revenge has now become utterly meaningless; all she really wanted was to see her creator again. It's also abundantly clear from Altair's reaction that she was actually self-aware before Shimazaki Yuna committed suicide.

From this, we can extrapolate that it is in fact Shimazaki who is the "God of Ink" described by the eponymous song; she has direct control over Altair, who is already defenseless against her, and still, as a "creator created" has the power to overcome Magane, should she attempt to put her own plans into motion.

Sep 2, 2017 9:21 AM

Apr 2015
Predictable... I saw that ending coming lol.

Other than that... I was moved in the end and I do believe this and the previous episode being the best of the series.

I am hoping that Shou did not die...
Sep 2, 2017 9:22 AM

Nov 2014
I hope Altair wins, f*** humanity.
Sep 2, 2017 9:23 AM

Jun 2015
The creators came up with an interesting secret weapon. It took over Altair completely. Too bad it didn't work. It had no story and Altair took advantage of that to take over Sirius. Everyone is hurt badly with only Blitz left standing. With help from Magane, Sota is able to recreate Setsuna. I'm curious what's going to happen next.
Sep 2, 2017 9:26 AM

Sep 2015
Just how Altair become the most popular here? if she don't belong anywhere and she just like original fan art upload to internet and somehow get popular?

Is there a character like that somewhere? i don 't bealive a original character from nobody can become more popular than other character from popular people's work
Into the Internet!
Sep 2, 2017 9:27 AM

Apr 2015
BlackstarFallen said:
The creators came up with an interesting secret weapon. It took over Altair completely. Too bad it didn't work. It had no story and Altair took advantage of that to take over Sirius. Everyone is hurt badly with only Blitz left standing. With help from Magane, Sota is able to recreate Setsuna. I'm curious what's going to happen next.

If I have to guess, the next episode might be a conversation between Setsuna and Altair, decides to not end the world and Altair might bring the dead characters back to life and in one way or another, all sent back to their world. I just hope there will be some action here and there with a satisfying conclusion that hopefully might increase the average score of the series.
Sep 2, 2017 9:29 AM

Apr 2015
ZBlastHistory said:
Just how Altair become the most popular here? if she don't belong anywhere and she just like original fan art upload to internet and somehow get popular?

Is there a character like that somewhere? i don 't bealive a original character from nobody can become more popular than other character from popular people's work

Fan fiction characters I believe?

If I can recall, I believe some people actually ended up liking her design and when they heard about Setsuna's suicide, Altair's character went viral.

(It has been a while and I am 103% sure that I am giving false information and recalling what I believe lol)
Sep 2, 2017 9:32 AM

Apr 2016
I got to be honest just from the comments I've seen so far about Setsuna's appearance I kind of find this anime even more brilliant because remember what they had to do to get her to appear.

They had to use Magane's power because the audience (including us) were not going to accept her appearance and low and behold even if the outcome was predictable the creators of this anime knew that already going in.
Sep 2, 2017 9:33 AM

Nov 2014
What the audience doesn't know is by supporting Altair, they are leading themselves to their impending doom. Makes you wonder if this were to happen in real life, what the grave consequences of supporting a villain would be.
Sep 2, 2017 9:34 AM

Jul 2016
All these new secret weapons are making the story even more intense. Time to wait and see how the resurrection affects the story.

Sep 2, 2017 9:34 AM

Apr 2008
ZBlastHistory said:

Does Kagerou Daze count for you? I know it's different, but it comes from the same media (niconico) from a nobody (at the time at least) and quickly got viral. Now, they have a story and that would limit them, but what about the vocaloid things elsewhere? Idk much about them but I'm pretty sure they can do all sort of shit from the stuff they sing about and use it as a basis, and it really fits the very thing Altair explained about why she's so powerful.
Someone who actually likes that sort of stuff should be able to tell if I'm onto something there or completely wrong.
Sep 2, 2017 9:42 AM
Jul 2014
BlackstarFallen said:

Even though it was predictable, I cannot help but be satisfied with this climax. The mark of a good story is that, even when it's predictable, the way the various threads are drawn together still moves the audience and entertains them. I'd say that Re:Creators has gone above and beyond in this regard.

It's not the adrenaline, glitz and flourish of the Fate megaverse, but at this point I'd say its a classic all the same. It's earned is place, and anything is possible in these last two episodes.

This is the song that was playing in my head when Setsuna appeared.
firemagnetSep 2, 2017 9:50 AM
Sep 2, 2017 9:50 AM

Feb 2014
Really breathtaking episode!! Damn Altair is the most OP character to have been ever created!! Bow down to the Gunpuku-hime!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 2, 2017 10:05 AM

Jul 2015
I already forgot about Magane lol.

That last option looked pretty obvious, I hope that with 2 episodes left they manage to give a solid conclusion.
Sep 2, 2017 10:11 AM

Feb 2016
Nothing is so much satisfactory than a 'bad' character beating down all the 'good' characters. A creation who stuns even creators. Muahahahahah!

Setsuna trick is predictable. She one way or another would show up. I want Altair to erase her, too, but I don't believe real life creators are courageous that much.
Sep 2, 2017 10:16 AM
Oct 2016
Plot twist, Altair sees through the trick and kills Setsuna
Then she kills everybody
Then the whole universe gets destroyed
Fuck every protagonist in this anime
Sep 2, 2017 10:16 AM

Jun 2015
Another show gone to waste. This episode was so boring and predictable. They have been dragging the plot and that doll like character was just introduced for the sake of cliffhanger. what a waste. Continuing it for the sake of finishing it.

HijaziSep 2, 2017 10:24 AM
Sep 2, 2017 10:22 AM
Apr 2014
I like this, they made it looks totally boring first and give us "EXPLOSION" at the end. it wasnt bad, i though this was gonna be another shitshow haha.

i hope they keep doing it, putting a twist over a twist. maybe she will keep going, cuz the setsuna she seeing is a creation, which is not her real creation, a copy

ZBlastHistory said:

There's actually many of them. But as they get more popular, they somehow ended up getting a license and published by some company. But in this case it was totally different because the creator already died.

But i thought that this girl is a bit different. She wasn't an original, but a new version from an original one, somewhat like fan made stuff. Maybe the popularity caused by the original design, but the new version gets more attention to it cuz of the setsuna's suicide. Well it's just guess, cuz u know, there are many literatures out there that get more popular after the author commits suicide.
houki_23Sep 2, 2017 10:28 AM
Sep 2, 2017 10:27 AM
Aug 2017
The plot was predictable. The dialogue was mystical nonsense the same as past episodes. The scrip totally destroyed the impression brought by character design and music.
Sep 2, 2017 10:38 AM

Dec 2015
Ever since Souta joined the plan to defeat Altair, I knew that his charcter was going to be Shimazaki, Setsuna. Though I didn't expect it to be at the train station...
It's not the Slates that is essential to people. What we need is...
Well...
A small table to share a meal... That's more than enough.

That's my conclusion. The answer I've reached as the Silver King.
Sep 2, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2015
They choose the safest route,Yeah predictable but make sense.....if they do some unpredictable twist like Kado the show will definitely sucks
Sep 2, 2017 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
I'm loving this, next Saturday can't come sooner. Sure, everyone expected Setsuna would come back, but the execution was great imo so it's fine. Excited to see how this ends
Sep 2, 2017 10:53 AM
Jan 2017
I'm really wondering where Setsuna will take this story moving forward. It's so obvious she is not the real deal, at least for us! Wrong glasses!
Sep 2, 2017 10:54 AM

Jan 2015
Sirius looked SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK. But man i actually knew that Setsuna would appear because I read some comment on mal that predicted it so it was expected and not as exciting for me :( I guess mal can spoil even anime-originals :(
Sep 2, 2017 11:12 AM
Apr 2016
Yours faithful is feeling very ashamed to be showing off like that, and it seems others do too, so... I have told everyone it would Shimazaki who stops Altair (since she became all powerful). BUT! I will take pride in this...
I KNEW BRAVE THE OCEAN WAS SHIMAZAKI-ALTAIR FAREWELL SONG!
Re:formed
Sep 2, 2017 11:27 AM

Sep 2013
More altair is always good.
Sep 2, 2017 11:38 AM

Oct 2011
Gotta say, I even marked this anime as "Dropped", but still watching it just because of Altair.

To be honest, I really hate how it was aired, the idea of Altair getting more powerful due to people in PIXIV drawing her and they even show those draws is freaking epic, but the anime itself is weak.

Altair is the only character that really does anything, the other are just there to fight her, we barely know anything about them and they barely do anything at all.

Altair is awesome and I fucking love her new design, but that's about it, couldn't care less about any other characters.

Also the reason why I dropped this, it was actually because they managed to make "1 filler episode, 1 recap episode and 1week break"
For some reason that gave me a feeling that the people behind RE:CREATORS just don't give a shit anymore, I might be wrong, and I hope am I, but still...

Dec 2013
When all hope is lost and the writers have dug as big of a hole as they can so that they aren't able to get out of.... just deus ex machina it XD

Gotta love this show for even attempting to try to explain the mechanics it's trying to use.

Looking forward to seeing just what Altair's reaction is to meeting her maker, literally.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 2007
Hijazi said:
Another show gone to waste. This episode was so boring and predictable. They have been dragging the plot and that doll like character was just introduced for the sake of cliffhanger. what a waste. Continuing it for the sake of finishing it.

I'm not so surprise anymore seeing how the studio wrote and directed Alnoah. Alnoah was another show with soooooo much more potential as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2017 11:42 AM
Apr 2016
The Alter Altair was pretty epic.

Even though they brought back Altair's creator into the birdcage, I don't believe she is the type of character to make a complete 180 turn in her line of thinking. For those who predicted this would happen, congratulations! That's what foreshadowing does. Hopefully there is still a plot twist buried in the next episode.

Finally, An alternate ending in which Altair's Creator is brought back preceding the introduction of Alter Altair would have been an epic conclusion. Also with a little back story on the creating of Alter Altair in preparation for this event. I guess we will have to wait.
Sep 2, 2017 11:45 AM

Nov 2016
Altairs arsenal of abilities never ceases to amaze me, the fact that she's literally able to nullify ass pulls is pretty lol.

Well, I definitely enjoyed this epsiode, fight against Altair was thrilling again, I also liked the part where she told that emotions are stronger than our thoughts^^

Souta and Magane using the spell gave me chills, already thought that there could be the possibility that Setsuna would be brought back.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 2, 2017 12:06 PM

Sep 2015
Ok I thought Sota was gonna be the secret weapon and turn into an anime char to help them but nvm adding Setsuna was just kinda generic tho.
Sep 2, 2017 12:15 PM
May 2015
This story began with Shimazaki and Its gonna end with her. And Altair... I love her. I am not gonna lie. I am so sad for her. When Altair saw her creator, her pupils are dilated. She is in shock! Altair is so much broken. I wanna her happy.

Dear creators just make her soul peace,please. Its my wish.
Sep 2, 2017 12:29 PM
Jan 2017
Hijazi said:

What do you predict what comes after the Setsuna the creation? She wasn't brought back to life after all
Sep 2, 2017 12:39 PM
Jul 2014
araneathedragoon said:
Nothing is so much satisfactory than a 'bad' character beating down all the 'good' characters. A creation who stuns even creators. Muahahahahah!

Setsuna trick is predictable. She one way or another would show up. I want Altair to erase her, too, but I don't believe real life creators are courageous that much.

It could happen, but I think that it's a long shot. Going by the plot we've been given, the Resurrection of Shimazaki Setsuna is the moment of redemption for Altair. With the appearance of her creator, the person who she loves most, the entire reason for her being thus far becomes null and void. Altair effectively loses her reason and will to fight, unless she is so far gone that she's willing to destroy her own creator in order to exact revenge based upon her ideal version of her own creator.

Since Altair cannot be defeated by force of arms, she must be forced to reject herself.
Sep 2, 2017 12:42 PM

Sep 2016
i like Altair as hatsune miku with literal meme power up, but this episode is just following the cliche route far too much. they are basically pulling a sekaisuru kado climax right now, but TWICE (since the first alter clone failed). i can already see nothing good will happen after they recreated shimazaki suicide scene. it will be just lame emotional damage to nerf the overpowered altair and then beat her with whatever asspull that they can commit.

They keep saying that they foreshadowed alter altair in the crossover story that they are making, but it would be way better if there is a foreshadowing in the ACTUAL re:creators anime, with Souta as the creator. at least all those monotonous dialogues means SOMETHING instead of shitty padding, and it also give Souta ACTUAL role in this anime as the main character. since his role basically just telling everyone "altair creator is Shimazaki btw". lame as fuck, and even then his friends already found it about it anyway even before he told them lmao.

and they should've never created Magane to begin with, what a useless padding waste of time character.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 2, 2017 12:58 PM

Dec 2014
ok wow this got interested...the dead creator got animated
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

400 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 7, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

236 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.