Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 9, 2016 4:02 AM

Feb 2010
Anyone who doesn't like ecchi is a kid :3
Oct 9, 2016 4:03 AM
Dec 2015
Honey and Clover, 2 episodes. Didn't like the characters, and Hagu's design: why make an 18 year old look like a grade-schooler when all the other characters are pretty much well defined for their age?
Oct 9, 2016 4:40 AM

Apr 2016
Das war bei mir "Gantz" klar

English: the show which I dropped the fastest was GANTZ. "Evil" silly gangster characters who behave stupidly. Vegetables aliens (leeks) can only talk poach.

The creators must have been under drugs
Oct 9, 2016 4:51 AM

Aug 2014
Dropped Cheating Craft after 33 seconds, still in the opening, cause the main character was animated weirdly and looked in 2 different ways at the same time and I just couldn't stand the idea of having to see that same opening every episode.
Ruka desu.
Oct 9, 2016 4:59 AM

Jul 2014
GarlandReese said:
TFO1013 said:
Higurashi. I got maybe a couple minutes past the OP and had to turn it off. As soon as I saw how stupid the characters looked I was done. I mean come on, this just looks ridiculous....

Trust me. It gets A LOT better very quickly. Don't be fooled by the slice of life exterior they provide... especially the green haired one...

Uh, yeah. As I said, I cannot stand the way the characters look in the anime. I've read a good portion of the manga series. I know what the characters are like, I know what happens in the story, and I actually happen to like the slice of life aspect.
Oct 9, 2016 5:06 AM

Jun 2016
SUNTEARS said:
Took me a few minutes to drop Rosario x Vampire, I already knew it'll take some efforts to finish the shit and I'm in now way had any moods to force myseld.

Now that I think back, I was really surprised I was able even to get through the entire first episode of Rosario+Vampire but I know I didn't watch past episode 1 either. I couldn't even get past episode 1 of one punch man.
Oct 9, 2016 5:18 AM

Jun 2016
I'm reading things like "dropped after x min". Well, if I was based on first minutes of 1st ep, I would have dropped more than 50% of anime I watched at least.
Oct 9, 2016 5:22 AM
Sep 2015
most recent one, bloodviores. episode 1 had no problem, but then episode 2 happened. BLACK SCREEN CENSORS. instant drop. i wil get back when they release all the uncensored versions.
Oct 9, 2016 5:29 AM

Sep 2014
BlueKite said:
I dropped Kingdom after a few minutes because I couldn't stand the CGI. I'm sure it has a good story so I'll just go to the manga.

Sigh the rocks right?

I don't understand why people don't get it.

It would be fake as hell, doing that scene in traditional animation(god damn 2008 noobies, who can't accept different animation variants from what the norm is).

The anime is overall more epic due to the CG animation, and season 2 is proof of that(the story telling, scenes ect are just as great in season 2, as it is in season 1, but in season 2, they listened to you stupid bitches whining, and did it the tradition way of trying to pull off similar feel for such scenes).

The CG animation is a vast improvement in tense battle scene, over traditional animation.

Have fun reading the manga though to get the story, Is't it suppose to be like 360 chapters for each season, and then the manga goes on way further.

I started reading the manga after season 2 to read up on what happens next, and after 50 volumes or so I got burned out.

Not being able to have the manga in physical form sucks, there being so many volumes sucks, a war story in written form is a huge downgrade, and needing to read a million snippets of text, before something actually happens, sucks.

There's a lot a book can't get across, that a anime can.
ZoltorOct 9, 2016 5:41 AM
Oct 9, 2016 5:38 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
SUP3R_TURTL3S said:
Pokemon X and Y, couldn't even get passed the OP. Still don't get the reason why it is so popular when it is so badly done.

It is popular because it is Pokemon.

Oct 9, 2016 6:29 AM

Oct 2011
Zoltor said:
BlueKite said:
I dropped Kingdom after a few minutes because I couldn't stand the CGI. I'm sure it has a good story so I'll just go to the manga.

Sigh the rocks right?

It would be fake as hell, doing that scene in traditional animation(god damn 2008 noobies, who can't accept different animation variants from what the norm is).

The anime is overall more epic due to the CG animation, and season 2 is proof of that(the story telling, scenes ect are just as great in season 2, as it is in season 1, but in season 2, they listened to you stupid bitches whining, and did it the tradition way of trying to pull off similar feel for such scenes).

The CG animation is a vast improvement in tense battle scene, over traditional animation.

Have fun reading the manga though to get the story, Is't it suppose to be like 360 chapters for each season, and then the manga goes on way further.

I started reading the manga after season 2 to read up on what happens next, and after 50 volumes or so I got burned out.

Not being able to have the manga in physical form sucks, there being so many volumes sucks, a war story in written form is a huge downgrade, and needing to read a million snippets of text, before something actually happens, sucks.

I don't mind sitting through hundreds of chapters as long as I am interested, I've done it before.

I never intended to whine about CGI. I know it has its advantages but it's really a hit-or-miss for me. If you can show me some clips of these epic, tense battle scenes you are talking about then I may consider picking it up again.
Oct 9, 2016 6:51 AM

Sep 2014
BlueKite said:
Zoltor said:

Sigh the rocks right?

I don't mind sitting through hundreds of chapters as long as I am interested, I've done it before.

I never intended to whine about CGI. I know it has its advantages but it's really a hit-or-miss for me. If you can show me some clips of these epic, tense battle scenes you are talking about then I may consider picking it up again.

Ok

Fair enough I guess. I think there should be some on Youyube(if Funimation didn't copyright strike them, when they finally released DvDs, even though the Youtube videos were only clips, not full episodes), I'll look for some, and get back to you.
Oct 9, 2016 7:17 AM

Jan 2014
some shows that seemed to have some harem-like situations. didnt even last an episode and at that time i had seen enough good bullshit that just wasnt worth to continue
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Oct 9, 2016 7:23 AM

Sep 2014
@BlueKite

The internet is so stupid when it comes to making videos of Kingdom, finding specific battle scenes is hard enough, but they ruin such by using pop music crap(It's bad enough not to keep it original, but to not even use a fitting song, is unforgivable.

That's ok though, as there's a back up solution, episode 2 literally starts out with the first epic 1 vs 1 battle, so watching that should give you an idea(they get even better actually, but that's still a very awesome fight).

Also this anime has some of the most powerful drama scenes in all of anime(Specifically 1 in the first episode, another one in the 1/3 of season 1, 1 in like the last episode of season 1, and another near the beginning of season 2 are the major ones), so there's that to look forward to as well, It's so much more then just a action show.

Here's a overview/review of it:

ZoltorOct 9, 2016 8:33 AM
Oct 9, 2016 7:48 AM

Oct 2011
Zoltor said:
@BlueKite

The internet is so stupid when it comes to making videos of Kingdom, finding specific battle scenes is hard enough, but they ruin such by using pop music crap(It's bad enough not to keep it original, but to not even use a fitting song, is unforgivable.

That's ok though, as there's a back up solution, episode 2 literally starts out with the first epic 1 vs 1 battle, so watching that should give you an idea(they get even better actually, but that's still a very awesome fight).

Also this anime has some of the most powerful drama scenes in all of anime(Specifically 1 in the first episode, 1 in like the last episode of season 1, and another near the beginning of season 2), so there's that to look forward to as well, It's so much more then just a action show.

Noted, I'll try looking into it soon.
Oct 9, 2016 7:49 AM

Oct 2015
Well, Sakarousa no pet na kanojo
Simple, its because of the unexpected ecchi stuff in the begging..

My mom happened to be nearby....I was enjoying the funny part, but my mom forced me to delete it

Next , arakawa under the bridge....simple... it was total shit to me
Oct 9, 2016 8:31 AM

Feb 2015
Wurcid said:
_Ako_ said:
I'd say... Death Note... I guess, EP01-7 was good enough for me, I mean it was pretty much boring...

I also dropped Death Note after episode 7. I don't really know why though, can't remember. -And I'm not planning to finish it.

Lol... For be it gets boring as each EP's progresses, dude I want Lolis doing cute things so I can fap, not some boring conversation about saving the world and be its God.
Oct 9, 2016 8:41 AM

Sep 2014
BlueKite said:
Zoltor said:
@BlueKite

Also this anime has some of the most powerful drama scenes in all of anime(Specifically 1 in the first episode, 1 in like the last episode of season 1, and another near the beginning of season 2), so there's that to look forward to as well, It's so much more then just a action show.

Noted, I'll try looking into it soon.

I hope you do, as It's truly something special

and

Damn, all this talking about Kingdom, is making me want to rewatch it(as if 1 rewatch a month Isn't enough as is lol), I'm in the middle of rewatching Hanasakeru Seishounen, another awesome anime, bloody hell. This happens every time when I need to describe kingdom in higher detail.
Oct 9, 2016 9:38 AM
Nov 2015
There're some series that bored me but have a lot of fans. Ex: Monogatari series & Madoka. I watch 1 ep/day and sometimes I just make sure that I forget to watch
it. They're not appealing to me. And Madoka has ridiculous artstyle.

martiooo said:
Clannad or Assassination Classroom because of ridiculous character design, and boring characters.

I agree with Clannad. The show isn't about decent character design or cool characters.

But Assassination Classrom? Koro-Sensei is an exception. But, what about Karma & Karasuma? Even if you believe it's bad character design. What about characters? I watched the 2 seasons and I couldn't find a really boring character. Well, there're some. But it still way better than Clannad anyway. It has good character devlopment to almost every student.
Oct 9, 2016 9:53 AM

May 2014
Momo Kyun Sword.

I was barely getting into anime and I decided to watch it because the poster looked cool.

I realized what it was after the first episode so I dropped it.
Oct 9, 2016 10:08 AM

Mar 2016
Touka__Kirishima said:
YK97 said:

They are not relatable and do nothing original.

I thought I was alone amongst those iron blooded fanboys, it just doesn't sing "Mobile suit" at all.

Unicorn was absolute perfection in my eyes, that series permeated a feeling of struggle that was not only relatable but achievable without extreme violence. Literally the first episode was enough to hit me in the feels and this is coming from someone who had absolutely no prior knowledge about the Gundam world.

Characters in Unicorn each have their personal struggles ,you can feel their personalities and what shaped them into this way. It's just Banager that is just a bit emo at sometimes.

Iron Orphan is like "let me kill that since I have no humanity". It felt like Gundam Wings but without thinking. It soon becomes hopelessly boring.
Oct 9, 2016 10:12 AM

Oct 2010
It's been a long while since I last dropped something "officially" (AKA Captain Tsubasa after the first match), but Tokyo Tribe 2 was so underwhelming after its first episode I couldn't even care about going on. I still want to watch it but there's no hurry so whatever.

GarlandReese said:
Paul said:
A couple days ago, dropped Gakuen Handsome, first episode which is only like 3 minutes long less than halfway through.

Why?

Because this

I see your point. In more ways than one.

Impossible, that point remains to be chin.
Oct 9, 2016 10:48 AM
Jun 2014
Around episode 290 of Bleach, because the filler characters, materialized Zanpakutos and the dolls getting too much screen time in actual story. I'm not even sure about the actual episode number where I dropped since it was so long ago. I just remember Hollow Ichigo wreaking havoc on certain batman, materialized Zanpakutos are a thing, Orihime is rescued, Ichigo is k, rest of the details are muffled screams of Kon in the distance...
Oct 9, 2016 11:31 AM

Jul 2016
YK97 said:
1. Code Geass. When I finished watching the first episode, something tell me to not continue watching it and I don't know what it is. It just felt meeeeeeeh. Dropped it.

2. Death Note. I watch till the L TV announcement. Then, I dropped it since the plot became obvious. A guy who's chasing another guy who have a notebook... Really...

3. Sword Art Online. Watched till episode 15 with the bs coming back to life scene + Asuna being "raped" So much bs... Literally nothing productive being made. Dropped it.

4. G-Reko. The first few episodes were fun and unpredictable. Then, story took too long to develop and they ass pull the sister thing... Dropped it.

5. Gundam Iron Ophan. 3 episode. Dropped it.
Don't know about the last 2 but you dropped Sword art, Death note, Code geass?? What kind of animes do you like lmao?
Oct 9, 2016 11:34 AM
Apr 2013
I dropped Beelzebub literally just short of the first episode's opening. I'd been told it was hilarious. I just found it dumb.
Oct 9, 2016 11:44 AM

Mar 2015
_Ako_ said:
I'd say... Death Note... I guess, EP01-7 was good enough for me, I mean it was pretty much boring...
*TRIGGERED*       
dont't watch that anime if you are going to give it 1* and cry 10000 words in review about it.
Oct 9, 2016 11:47 AM

Feb 2016
Elfen lied (unfortunately), Kurokami the animation, coyote ragtime show, Romeo x juliet...and maybe some others just cuz they were lame :/
Oct 9, 2016 11:51 AM

Mar 2016
Unyversu said:
YK97 said:
1. Code Geass. When I finished watching the first episode, something tell me to not continue watching it and I don't know what it is. It just felt meeeeeeeh. Dropped it.

2. Death Note. I watch till the L TV announcement. Then, I dropped it since the plot became obvious. A guy who's chasing another guy who have a notebook... Really...

3. Sword Art Online. Watched till episode 15 with the bs coming back to life scene + Asuna being "raped" So much bs... Literally nothing productive being made. Dropped it.

4. G-Reko. The first few episodes were fun and unpredictable. Then, story took too long to develop and they ass pull the sister thing... Dropped it.

5. Gundam Iron Ophan. 3 episode. Dropped it.
Don't know about the last 2 but you dropped Sword art, Death note, Code geass?? What kind of animes do you like lmao?

I dropped them and finish them after a good while. They still leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Anime I like? Macross, some Gundam like the 08 MS TEAM, Full metal alchemist is quite good, FLCL, JOJO is entertaining and some that I don't remember right now.

What about you?
Oct 9, 2016 12:01 PM

Feb 2015
YeAhx said:
_Ako_ said:
*TRIGGERED*       

Lol dude... Don't trash talk me please... No roasting.... xD
Oct 9, 2016 12:07 PM

Jan 2016
I am fully aware this would make people triggered but Bakemonogatari because of 10 seconds of just panty shots to start off the first episode.
Oct 9, 2016 1:31 PM

May 2015
dropped the first half of the first ep accel world multiple times cus of the mc until i tortured my way through it
Oct 9, 2016 1:33 PM

Mar 2016
StruckWith_Bolts said:
dropped accel world multiple times cus of the mc until i tortured my way through it

I could see why. I dropped it 5 times before picking it up again. It was simply terrible.
Oct 9, 2016 2:04 PM

Jun 2015
GarlandReese said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
dropped it cuz the caracters were ugly and I didnt like them.
bad art or whatver

Understandable reason. But, what Anime did you drop?
moby psycho 100
and 7 sins that short fat ugly maridas
also maoyuu yuusha
tard mc plus.....
just boring.
Oct 9, 2016 2:09 PM

Jun 2015
[quote=OmegaOtaku message=48079802]I only dropped Fairy Tail just out of spite. Plus they're entirely overrated[quote]mee too, but that was the 122 eps the time skip that was not quick
Oct 9, 2016 2:34 PM
Oct 2014
Dropped MM! after enduring 1 episode. EVERYTHING WAS SO ANNOYING! From the characters, the colors, the music, the constant panty shots. I even enjoy some smutty/ecchi garbage shows, but for me this was just too annoying and unlikeable
Oct 9, 2016 3:22 PM

Aug 2012
Haven't dropped anything yet, but I know it's only a matter of time before something royally pisses me off...
Oct 9, 2016 5:38 PM
Oct 2016
Sword Art Online. God I tried to like it but it never took into my interest. My friends begged me to watch SAO. But there are so many things wrong with the anime.

1. It has a good idea but a horrible story line.

2. Romance ruined the anime. The first couple of episodes were okay. But once Kirito meets Asuna; god the pain! They only focused on the relationship between those two.

3. Tentacle rape. Yes you herd me. Normal rape is just weird. But adding tentacles to a rape scene? You've got to be kidding me

Overall, it is a mediocre anime series. 4.2/10

[img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/d32bb64ef1434ae12d6e99f09abfa22e/tumblr_mv1hyj0UUm1rjuot9o1_500.gif
BigDickLuffyOct 9, 2016 5:51 PM
Oct 9, 2016 6:17 PM

Dec 2012
No matter how terrible the show is, I often give it the minimum of 3-4 episodes before I drop them. Though the earliest I have ever dropped a show is probably dragon crisis that didn't even last a full episode length. I do realise I went against my own policy but hey, who can blame me for that?
I'm never wrong. I once thought I was wrong, turns out, I was mistaken.
Oct 9, 2016 6:58 PM

Jul 2014
Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru
Too many bishonen.
Oct 9, 2016 7:06 PM

Aug 2008
Drop 3-Gatsu. Not the kind of SoL anime for me.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 9, 2016 8:06 PM

May 2016
I'll probably get shit for this, but I dropped Ouran Koukou Host Club after the first 5 minutes. IT WAS SO BORING. I couldn't get into it

I didn't even want to watch it in the first place. My friend kept pestering me about borrowing her Ouran DVDs because she was convinced that I would like it, so I just took them to get her to be quiet about it
Oct 9, 2016 9:12 PM

Apr 2016
SUP3R_TURTL3S said:
Pokemon X and Y, couldn't even get passed the OP. Still don't get the reason why it is so popular when it is so badly done.

Improved animation and writing over previous seasons, without any earthquakes to ruin the long term storyline. Pokemon XY&Z was literally the best anime of 2016. The Team Flare arc was an emotional roller coaster. Characters died and inspirational things happened, I cried like an old lady.
Got oppai?
Oct 9, 2016 9:14 PM

May 2009
quickest was SAO at episode 3 or something? it's in my list. My only reason back then was a combination of laziness and the fact it didn't look that interesting,

then kyoukaisenjou no horizon. again, gave it a few tries but didnt look interesting.

AGAIN at episode 3, hakuouki reimeiroku but because i got tired of so many hakuouki series. (even though it was only the 3rd one, i wasnt that into it)
deimoscodeOct 9, 2016 9:19 PM
Oct 10, 2016 5:33 AM
Aug 2014
mitsu x mitsu drops is the anime if i can remember and i stopped halfway through the first episode cause it was terrible, i mean i have sat through stuff like mars of destruction and wonder momo but this was unbearable
Oct 10, 2016 5:36 AM

Sep 2016
I dropped Rokka no Yuusha after one episode because I forgot to watch the next episode when it came out and lost interest afterwards.
Oct 10, 2016 5:36 AM

Apr 2016
I usually start everything and drop it by the first episode. This season so far I've dropped Brave Witches and Nanbaka half way through their 1st episodes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2016 5:39 AM
Apr 2016
Dragon Ball Super because it's Dragonball and i still don't know why i want to watch crappy sequel and Re:Zero because it's just a waifubait, edgy tryhard and trying to be funny type anime
Oct 10, 2016 8:08 AM

Aug 2015
I have dropped at the first episode:
-*something* Object
-Diabolik Lovers 2
-Osomatsu-san
-Peeping Life TV
-Seisen Cerberus
-Shingeki no Kyojin Chuugakkou

But the quickest was Hundred! Like, nine or ten minutes. Than I closed the streaming. SO BANAL AND BORING.

In my list there is also SAO that is in the ''dropped'' list with one episode, but I want to watch it in the future.
Oct 10, 2016 8:21 AM
Aug 2016
Well I dropped infinite Stratos well after watching episode 1 it was too boring with no real plot
Oct 10, 2016 9:26 AM

Jan 2016
One Piece I guess, I watched 20 episodes and dropped it because I didn't like the art too much and found it somewhat boring. I've read until chapter 140 of the manga and a friend told me it gets really better afterwards so probably I'd continue watching it some day.

Besides that one I put Seitokai Yakuindomo as "On-Hold" but I've never felt like continuing watching it. I liked the jokes and all but for some reason I didn't feel the urge to continue watching it. Although I'd probably do so some day.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» What seasonal anime had disappointed you over time this season? ( 1 2 )

Zakatsuki_ - Yesterday

56 by Jozuwa-_- »»
8 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows ( 1 2 )

Treatise - Sep 19

62 by jal90 »»
11 minutes ago

» Could reused Anime themes/cover music likely become a trend in Anime in the near future?

Jozuwa-_- - 5 hours ago

14 by Jozuwa-_- »»
28 minutes ago

» Anime that are lost media ( 1 2 )

Maciusiek - Apr 27, 2021

51 by jal90 »»
29 minutes ago

» Does "being an otaku/weeb" still have any meaning in 2024? ( 1 2 )

thewiru - Sep 20

58 by Serafos »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.