Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jun 6, 2016 7:40 PM

Mar 2010
Genjutsuhh said:
I am relieved since you said you didn't get offended, cos I do hope that is the case. I want this to be considered as a friendly debate. An argument is not what I was aiming for.

"Shrug" Well each to his own okay?

koopa_zero said:
I was so hype for this show at the beginning of the season. Now I am feeling very "meh" towards it. The plot progression is so slow.

Like the entire point of show that story progress through his deaths as tries find ways out of his situations by generating different outcomes. If you can't get behind you might as well drop it cause that is core point of series. The next well be even longer while still maintaining he basic premise.
Iron_MawJun 6, 2016 7:44 PM
Jun 6, 2016 8:34 PM

Apr 2015
Jagd84 said:
koopa_zero said:
I was so hype for this show at the beginning of the season. Now I am feeling very "meh" towards it. The plot progression is so slow.

Like the entire point of show that story progress through his deaths as tries find ways out of his situations by generating different outcomes. If you can't get behind you might as well drop it cause that is core point of series. The next well be even longer while still maintaining he basic premise.

Never said I wasn't a fan of the "trial by error" method he is using. I just felt that they could pick things up. I enjoy the backstory of Rem and Ram in this episode but still, it felt lacking. I was really hoping they'd wrap the arc up this week.
Jun 6, 2016 8:55 PM

May 2016
I actually think it's quite fast paced compared to the manga lol. They cut some things and move stuff around.

It needs to be slow so *things* will have more impact later on in the series.
TeamDalaiLanaJun 6, 2016 10:05 PM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 6, 2016 9:07 PM

May 2015
Well not much to say. Everything that needed to be said was handled by the episode itself. This was more of a "executive" episode that gets to the point and things done.

I like that you can see how much the previous loops affected Subaru as he is so fixated on this perfect ending he even put it in front of his fear to die and fail again.

Having both the OP & ED in it for the first time made me realize how spoiled we are, damn White Fox :(

Next week is episode 11 and then we will get the prescreening event for episode 12 which will introduce the second cour, the third arc ( I feel already sick only thinking about it ), the crazy huge new cast and most likely the new OP & ED songs with new visuals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2016 9:51 PM

Mar 2010
koopa_zero said:
Jagd84 said:

Never said I wasn't a fan of the "trial by error" method he is using. I just felt that they could pick things up. I enjoy the backstory of Rem and Ram in this episode but still, it felt lacking. I was really hoping they'd wrap the arc up this week.

Well, I personally don't feel like it's slow, rather pacing itself right where it needs to be for 2 cour series. For a show like this fleshing out characters and their environment is extremely important IMO.
Jun 7, 2016 1:07 AM

May 2016
Nice episode right there.. i thought it will be a different arc this time :v .. And also..

KirokieJun 7, 2016 1:20 AM
Jun 7, 2016 3:16 AM

Jun 2012
Not sure if subaru's strenght did this or ram-chi make it happen through her wind manipulation....I like this episode...Rem-rin's demon mode make my day.

Jun 7, 2016 4:01 AM

Dec 2012
This anime is so good. I wonder if I prefer Ram or Rem, I love how Ram acted in this episode, but Rem is so kind.
Good episode, I hope he didn't break his horn (even if it's almost sure that he did it).
Jun 7, 2016 4:47 AM

Dec 2015
i loved the episode so much, that cliffhanger omgggg... emilia just appeared for like 4 seconds, she's the main female character and the most famous one, hopefully she'll appear a lot next week.
re:zero is seriously the best anime this season and is in my top 10 fav anime :)
Jun 7, 2016 6:17 AM

Apr 2015
Jagd84 said:
koopa_zero said:

Well, I personally don't feel like it's slow, rather pacing itself right where it needs to be for 2 cour series. For a show like this fleshing out characters and their environment is extremely important IMO.

I guess we will just see differently. Thats what makes anime so interesting to me. There is so much that it feels like it can be personal to you.
Jun 7, 2016 6:55 AM

Apr 2015
koopa_zero said:

I guess we will just see differently. Thats what makes anime so interesting to me. There is so much that it feels like it can be personal to you.

Just wait a bit and you will see why this detailed and slow introduction of arc 1 and 2 is necessary. If they rush it here it would come back to them in a bad way.

See it as a cardhouse. The basement needs to be built properly in order to build up a huge and detailed skyscraper out of it.
Jun 7, 2016 6:56 AM

Apr 2015
Fappa said:
koopa_zero said:

Just wait a bit and you will see why this detailed and slow introduction of arc 1 and 2 is necessary. If they rush it here it would come back to them in a bad way.

See it as a cardhouse. The basement needs to be built properly in order to build up a huge and detailed skyscraper out of it.

I'll take your advice to heart. I'm going to invest the time because I do like the characters. Maybe I just need to be more patient.
Jun 7, 2016 7:16 AM

Apr 2015
koopa_zero said:

I'll take your advice to heart. I'm going to invest the time because I do like the characters. Maybe I just need to be more patient.

Maybe it feels so slow because it's a LN adaptation that Stands absolutely true to The source material and this is bound to slow down the pace at times. You could say it's rather a retelling of the story ( like a VN ) rather than an Adaptation.

Once we're in arc 3 and many scenes that happened in arc 2 get a whole new meaning, you should understand it :)!

Yes patience is a virtue in this show especially in the first two arcs.
Jun 7, 2016 7:20 AM

Apr 2015
Fappa said:

Maybe it feels so slow because it's a LN adaptation that Stands absolutely true to The source material and this is bound to slow down the pace at times. You could say it's rather a retelling of the story ( like a VN ) rather than an Adaptation.

Once we're in arc 3 and many scenes that happened in arc 2 get a whole new meaning, you should understand it :)!

Yes patience is a virtue in this show especially in the first two arcs.

I'm invested! At least they are sticking to the source material. Not sure that means much from me, because I've never read it. But I'm sure the LN creators are pleased :D
Jun 7, 2016 10:10 AM

Mar 2015
SubscriberSun said:
Damn that was a really good episode, this series just gets better and better.

Subaru carrying Ram around was really cute.

And even more cute since she wasn't like a typical heroine screaming "HENTAI HENTAI!!", that shit really pisses me off.
Jun 7, 2016 11:57 PM

Mar 2010
Raven_Wingz said:
SubscriberSun said:
Damn that was a really good episode, this series just gets better and better.

Subaru carrying Ram around was really cute.

And even more cute since she wasn't like a typical heroine screaming "HENTAI HENTAI!!", that shit really pisses me off.

It's definitely refreshing to see anime characters actually use common sense in these intense moments.
Jun 8, 2016 8:14 AM
Mar 2012
Puck hnnnng.
Ram's wonderful smile added to Subaru's protect list. Expositions of abilities etc. I like the connections Ram notes of Subaru with the villagers, their "gifts".
Nice thinking, he used the revival censorship as an aggro ability, by increasing the witch scent to draw both mabeasts & Rem.
Whitefox really likes their cliffhangers, Subaru hanging by the edgiest sword.
Rem yandere faces. Her fight animation was beastly with the heavy ball, reminds me a bit of Karula in Utawarerumono.
Flying Ram, flying Subaru.
Bald pup so happy making explosions. He trolling or helping Subaru?
Jun 8, 2016 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Not sure if subaru's strenght did this or ram-chi make it happen through her wind manipulation....I like this episode...Rem-rin's demon mode make my day.

Can't be too realistic. Otherwise there'd be no outstanding events happening.

It'd also not be possibly for Subaru kill a rottweiler barehanded in reality. But he was able to kill something (seemingly) fiercer, even.

He'd not lift with ease something weighing 50 kg. And the tree stick wouldn't be capable of impaling it...through its rib cage.

Them dobermans:
removed-userJun 8, 2016 12:23 PM
Jun 8, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2009
Subaru is getting smart, that's good!
Jun 8, 2016 4:44 PM

Sep 2011
For the love god, stop asking questions that have yet to happen in the anime. Thanks for the free spoiler since I gotta clean up your shit.
Jun 8, 2016 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
Well done, another episode without dying finally.
Jun 9, 2016 3:02 AM

May 2014
Fai said:
So as I guessed, it seems that Ram already got over whatever happened int heir past while Rem did not.
And yeah this confirms that the beasts are attracted by witch's smell. And just like I guessed, they seem to be angered by it. But this yet again brings up the question I had last week - why would they attack something that indicates their creator? More baffling mysteries.

Either way this episode pretty much solidified Rem and Ram as best girls of the show, leaving under-developed Emilia in the dust. Really hope she will eventually get more depth than being a "waifu prize" for Subaru. Still think she might be Satella and if its true that could pay off, otherwise no idea. Talking about the demon sisters though, It was kind of interesting how Rem has a kind of a role of a berserker warrior, while Ram has to rely on magic because of her lack of horn.

Pacing wise, this felt like an in-between episode and sadly the transition from last week to this week felt a bit abrupt and badly handled - having Puck just recap what happened while Subaru was out felt very disconnected from last week. There are better ways to direct such a transition and the way the show did it here felt a bit too dry.
Alas by the time they got into the forest, the show became good yet again and the episode was enjoyable and well paced till the end with some very great action sequences and conversations.

I hope that ending does not mean that Rem would lose her badass berserker form....

Overall a solid 4/5

Lmao. How are two lolis that you meet in the middle of the show out-developing your god-damn heroine!?
Jun 9, 2016 9:26 AM

Nov 2015
So twins should be killed but Rem and Ram lived. Rem is so strong but she lost her mind, hopefully Subaru succeeded.

Jun 9, 2016 1:18 PM
Mar 2016
Oh boy I hope Subaru doesn't die .........again, I would hate to see him in another rewind moment.
Jun 9, 2016 6:08 PM

Apr 2015
Ram had such an innocent smile HNG. Made me wanna hug =P.
Jun 11, 2016 11:40 AM

Oct 2009
hope Subaru survived and not reset at this point. ;____ ;
" Have some adventure while you can, and then start to figure things out"
5 Centimeters per Second

Jun 11, 2016 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
Genjutsuhh said:

Simply put, It just seemed off to me. I have nothing against Berserker type monsters. Just that when it comes to situations like this, when the characters are backed against a wall then some writers tend to do this that they introduce a new form to their characters and turn them into so called "Dues ex Machinas". And among the critics community, this is considered as cheap and effortless story writing. Because instead of thinking of a way for their characters to get around a problem in a more creative way, they introduce plot armor so that they can just barge their way through the obstacle. When you watch a lot of shows, you begin to notice these things more.

I am relieved since you said you didn't get offended, cos I do hope that is the case. I want this to be considered as a friendly debate. An argument is not what I was aiming for.

So you guys done? Rem's Oni powers aren't flawed. It activated itself on instinct as to aid in her survival. She was badly wounded. And Ram told that the Oni power heals by absorbing mana or something.

She's young still. So it's natural that she hasn't mastered it yet.

And again, it was triggered by her life being endangered. It wasn't by an unstable emotional state. It's similar to what happened to Aang in Avatar - when he was struck by a lightning on his back... Power beyond his capabilities aided in his survival... In her case it was the same. The Oni power as shown in the flashbacks, is something that is passed down by their race. This power must be something honed by generations. Similar to the sword arts of Reinhard's family. It grants power in that world's society. And isn't easily attained. So it's easy to expect it to be hard to control (for someone that young).

So yeah it seems like you're etching your biased views on this show. Based off what you've seen in other shows. You said that it appeared clichéd? You probably didn't see deeper into it.

In our world we attain power through money that is attained through valued skills used in our society... In theirs it's the same. But as it's a fantasy world, they go beyond reality. They develop skills that enhance physical capabilities and such. And those skills give the owners power. Get it? It makes them rich in many ways. It separates them from the poor and in misfortune. It helps them succeed in life. Guarantees their survival, etc... It places them atop.

In the previous epidode, Elsa and Reinhard greetted each other, telling their names and family names. Because that's important. They take pride in what they and their family achieved.

Elsa and Reinhard aren't common. They were produced through much effort. It was both theirs and their families'.

Reinhard's, Elsa's, Rem's, Ram's, Emilia's, Felt's, Roswaal's, Beatrice's, Rom(!)'s capabilities... aren't cheap. We've not seen those slums meaninglessly. If those powers were easily attained, anyone could be a Reinhard. But that's not what was shown and proven. Most were merchants. Not outstanding Sword Sages bearing a renowned reputation.

By the way, SAO is crap. I've dropped it at episode 8 of the first season. (Your avatar reminded me of that show's protagonist.)
removed-userJun 11, 2016 12:36 PM
Jun 11, 2016 12:25 PM
Sep 2015
I don't get it. Betty said that Puck knows that Subaru will die soon because cumulation of curses. Puck is one of most powerful characters, why didn't he offer any help? For Puck killing horde of mabesats is pretty easy, so why not? How can he explain that to Emilia? I could help him but i decided not to. Sorry
Jun 11, 2016 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
Fuchs23 said:
I don't get it. Betty said that Puck knows that Subaru will die soon because cumulation of curses. Puck is one of most powerful characters, why didn't he offer any help? For Puck killing horde of mabesats is pretty easy, so why not? How can he explain that to Emilia? I could help him but i decided not to. Sorry

I'd guess he can't be away from Emilia. He's her familiar. But how does this works in this show? It wasn't explained yet it seems... Let's just say that he weakens when too far away from her. Or that he's to always stay beside her, to guard her. Or also that he being away, might worry her. And that others wouldn't be able to prevent her from seeking answers as to why. That would inevitably lead her to (even more) danger.

He serves her, not Subaru... Subaru can't ask too much, I think.

It was his own mess, if you think about it. He only went through so much danger because he knew he was immortal. Normally, someone in his position would wait for Roswaal to decide what to do. He's the lord. And it seems like that village belongs to him, too... It provides necessities for the mansion.
Jun 11, 2016 12:51 PM

Feb 2014
iRels said:
Genjutsuhh said:

Simply put, It just seemed off to me. I have nothing against Berserker type monsters. Just that when it comes to situations like this, when the characters are backed against a wall then some writers tend to do this that they introduce a new form to their characters and turn them into so called "Dues ex Machinas". And among the critics community, this is considered as cheap and effortless story writing. Because instead of thinking of a way for their characters to get around a problem in a more creative way, they introduce plot armor so that they can just barge their way through the obstacle. When you watch a lot of shows, you begin to notice these things more.

So you guys done? Rem's Oni powers aren't flawed. It activated itself on instinct as to aid in her survival. She was badly wounded. And Ram told that the Oni power heals by absorbing mana or something.

And again, it was triggered by her life being endangered. It wasn't by an unstable emotional state. It's similar to what happened to Aang in Avatar - when he was struck by a lightning on his back... Power beyond his capabilities aided in his survival... In her case it was the same. The Oni power as shown in the flashbacks, is something that is passed down by their race. This power must be something honed by generations. Similar to the sword arts of Reinhard's family. It grants power in that world's society. And isn't easily attained. So it's easy to expect it to be hard to control (for someone that young).

So yeah it seems like you're etching your biased views on this show. Based off what you've seen in other shows. You said that it appeared clichéd? You probably didn't see deeper into it.

In our world we attain power through money that is attained through valued skills used in our society... In theirs it's the same. But as it's a fantasy world, they go beyond reality. They develop skills that enhance physical capabilities and such. And those skills give the owners power. Get it? It makes them rich in many ways. It separates them from the poor and in misfortune. It helps them succeed in life. Guarantees their survival, etc... It places them atop.

In the previous epidode, Elsa and Reinhard greetted each other, telling their names and family names. Because that's important. They take pride in what they and their family achieved.

Elsa and Reinhard aren't common. They were produced through much effort. It was both theirs and their families'.

Reinhard's, Elsa's, Rem's, Ram's, Emilia's, Felt's, Roswaal's, Beatrice's, Rom(!)'s capabilities... aren't cheap. We've not seen those slums meaninglessly. If those powers were easily attained, anyone could be a Reinhard. But that's not what was shown and proven. Most were merchants. Not outstanding Sword Sages bearing a renowned reputation.

By the way, SAO is crap. I've dropped it at episode 8 of the first season. (Your avatar reminded me of that show's protagonist.)

I thought we had already settled this... ( ._.)
Look, I can understand the perspective you're trying to show me along with your outlook on the series and I can completely respect that. Maybe I just presented my views the wrong way idk. It was just my point of view based on my personal experience with Anime.

Btw I don't even know why you'd bring something unrelated like SAO into this. I don't even like that show. My avatar is from Guren Lagann, I'm surprised to see someone not recognise it.
Jun 11, 2016 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
Genjutsuhh said:
iRels said:

Look, I can understand the perspective you're trying to show me along with your outlook on the series and I can completely respect that. Maybe I just presented my views the wrong way idk. It was just my point of view based on my personal experience with Anime.

Btw I don't even know why you'd bring something unrelated like SAO into this. I don't even like that show. My avatar is from Guren Lagann, I'm surprised to see someone not recognise it.

Yeah more or less. But it just didn't seem like it still. While Jagd was talking about folklore and such, you were about clichés (still). So it seemed opportune to express my view.

... If you hadn't blackened the avatar. XD It also didn't help that it was shown from behind. And that kirito wears black from what I remember. But Simon wears blue... along with other colors. Anyway.
Jun 11, 2016 1:28 PM

Feb 2014
iRels said:
Genjutsuhh said:

Yeah more or less. But it just didn't seem like it still. While Jagd was talking about folklore and such, you were about clichés (still). So it seemed opportune to express my view.

... If you hadn't blackened the avatar. XD It also didn't help that it was shown from behind. And that kirito wears black from what I remember. But Simon wears blue... along with other colors. Anyway.

I was just trying to put emphasis on what I truly felt about the whole thing at the time. But like I mentioned I suppose my way of going about it got a bit misleading. I personally just took only that moment into consideration and judging that I've seen moments very similar to such, based my reasoning on that and expressed it as such, all the while being sure that my views would change as I further get into the series and more is revealed (admittedly bad on my part). Though I'm glad you presented me with a proper explanation to your view. Was an interesting read for me (quite honestly).

Ahhh.. I see. I thought the flaming coat was a dead giveaway, along with the lil buta jumping by his side. Can't blame ya though.
Jun 11, 2016 4:46 PM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode! Fingers crossed for him not having to re-do everything from the start!
You're gonna carry that weight.
Jun 11, 2016 8:19 PM

Oct 2008
And now I'm wondering how much budget they spent on doing this episode alone! Totally excellent episode!
6/5!!!

Jun 11, 2016 9:58 PM

Mar 2010
Chickened said:

Lmao. How are two lolis that you meet in the middle of the show out-developing your god-damn heroine!?

They aren't lolis...

Because they are focus of this arc and it will be pretty much were all their development is going to be had. While Emilia and Subaru get their developments gradually throughout the story. So literally does not matter who get's what first, it's not a race.
Iron_MawJun 11, 2016 11:23 PM
Jun 11, 2016 10:14 PM

Apr 2014
I'm in love with this show.. I love everything about it. Every week is a struggle waiting for the next episode xD.
Jun 12, 2016 3:30 AM
Aug 2014
jimbobyoo said:
I'm in love with this show.. I love everything about it. Every week is a struggle waiting for the next episode xD.

You only have to wait about 15-16 hours to watch the new episode. Be grateful :/
Jun 15, 2016 4:53 AM

Aug 2013

Uhm, but subaru you could LITERALLY turn back in time so theoretically saying, there is another chance lol
Jun 15, 2016 1:32 PM

Jul 2012
Animation this episode was great :D

I wonder what their plan is after they knock Rem back to her senses. Wouldn't she become super exhausted? I guess we'll find out.
Jun 15, 2016 3:07 PM
May 2016
Another great episode.
Jun 18, 2016 6:57 PM

Feb 2013
I guess it was a fun episode as far as the action went. Nice kick.
Jun 23, 2016 3:43 AM

Dec 2012
Damn this is just the kind of anime that never gets me bored lol. The interaction between Ram and Subaru are so hilarious. xD
Jun 29, 2016 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
Puck steals the spotlight early on but Rem was the main star of this episode :D
Jul 9, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2016
Fuck this anime n its cliffhangers!! but we sure got some Rem action, really interesting episode, and how Subaru manage to still be alive xD
Let see how really good subaru can swing a sword, also Lets kill the puppy!!

btw.. kinda curious about reinhard n felt ??! what about them what happened tho them? will we find out soon? i better hope so!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 11, 2016 9:18 AM

Jun 2010
Rem is so cool! I loved to see some emotions on her face.
Those dogs are creepy!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 9:48 AM

Jun 2010
Great episode. It's too bad Ram lost her horn. But if Rem will lose hers, then is she still able to use such power?
Jul 24, 2016 7:13 PM

May 2010
Best flying meido I've ever seen.
Aug 12, 2016 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
"Homens precisam ter coragem, mulheres precisam ser belas."

Aug 13, 2016 2:46 AM

Aug 2013
I just love their cute expressions. <3
Damn that little puppy is kinda out of place in the middle of all the carnage.
And hahaha laughed so hard at the flying maido.
Rem's massacre is so freaking awesome....
REMMMMM.
Sep 10, 2016 7:49 AM

Sep 2014
Puck being cute as usual, especially when making those sounds ... ^^

Ram's smile too good <3
I was totally expecting her to have a horn too but she lost it o.O Makes sense why she didn't like that story much back then. Ram's got some pretty cool abilities too but not enough stamina seems like.

Rem's still a friggin' beast wow.
Subaru throwing Ram and Ram flying oh god xD

Both twins are just awesome and I'll prolly love them even more after the next episode.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» Ferris and Subaru

Daddi4900 - Yesterday

6 by Bolona07 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1724 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jun 1, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

589 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jun 1, 3:39 AM

» What happened to Emilia’s votes?

KillLaKillGOAT - May 29

7 by Phloup »»
May 29, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1373 by kakaronie »»
May 28, 9:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.