Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Apr 20, 2015 10:09 AM
Sep 2014
oh, man. i just want to bitchslap hikki already. how dare he yells at komachi like that! :(
his method was obviously wrong in the first place. in ep 2, he sacrificed himself for hayama's group who had nothing to do with him and now he's gonna sacrifice himself for a girl who had nothing to do with him?

oh and what with yui anyway? she keep going with her 'i don't like that idea of yours, hikki' and yet she does nothing to reject the idea herself or stop him from sacrificing himself again. i'm grown tired of this kind of side of hers.

as for the new girl, she's a kouhai character who had nasty personality, i see. well, at least she's cuter than yui i guess.

oh, could you guys please stop defending hikki already? he is wrong all along so please just accept the fact that his method couldn't solve everything. even hiratsuka had already said that already.
Apr 20, 2015 10:20 AM
Sep 2014
EuTenhoBomGosto said:
I don't get what's the drama behind all this, literally nothing happened and Yukinoshita is all angry

i think you don't even understand the story then. hikki contradicts himself when he save superficial relationships of hayama's group during ep 2. he hates superficiality by passion and yet he sacrifice himself for that. and i think yukinoshita's upset because hikki keeps hurting himself for the sake of someone who's not even worth for it. hikki doesn't think about feelings of people who care about him (the teacher, his friends, his sister). his method is wrong and hiratsuka, yui, yukinoshita know about it.
Apr 20, 2015 10:50 AM

Dec 2014

But there is someone who solved those problems, although there are unavoidable task that need all the club member's participation. The obvious conclusion stands out...
1st
4th
5th
6th
8th b

You can try to include the two again, but no. For all their efforts at those problems only Hachiman has made a solution, Good or Bad. (They have all the info regarding the requests not including 8thB because Hachiman deduces it because off his xp)
testamentKAISERApr 20, 2015 11:01 AM
Apr 20, 2015 11:44 AM

Feb 2015
testamentKAISER said:

But there is someone who solved those problems, although there are unavoidable task that need all the club member's participation. The obvious conclusion stands out...
1st
4th
5th
6th
8th b

You can try to include the two again, but no. For all their efforts at those problems only Hachiman has made a solution, Good or Bad. (They have all the info regarding the requests not including 8thB because Hachiman deduces it because off his xp)

You would be right, except that solving problems/fulfilling requests is not the Service Club's ultimate goal. The Service club's goal is to help people improve themselves. According to this, none of Hachiman's solutions help these people improve themselves (except for Saki).

FriedfingersJohn said:
EuTenhoBomGosto said:
I don't get what's the drama behind all this, literally nothing happened and Yukinoshita is all angry

i think you don't even understand the story then. hikki contradicts himself when he save superficial relationships of hayama's group during ep 2. he hates superficiality by passion and yet he sacrifice himself for that. and i think yukinoshita's upset because hikki keeps hurting himself for the sake of someone who's not even worth for it. hikki doesn't think about feelings of people who care about him (the teacher, his friends, his sister). his method is wrong and hiratsuka, yui, yukinoshita know about it.

Let's get something straight here. Nobody actually knows why Yukino is angry at Hachiman, we only have theories. That being said, the theory that Yukino is angry at Hachiman because she hates to see him hurt himself is definitely wrong for two reasons:
1) When Hachiman victimized himself in order to turn Sagami into a victim, Yukino didn't get angry.
2) In no way did Hachiman hurt himself when he fake-confessed to Ebina, because, well, it was a fake confession.

FawkeyApr 20, 2015 11:52 AM
Apr 20, 2015 12:01 PM

Mar 2009
Am I the only one bored to death by this season?
Apr 20, 2015 12:44 PM
Jul 2009
My oh my, how fun it is to watch everyone's heated bullets fly around during this buildup phase. The writer and studio did a great job if they can evoke this much controversy, analysis, and emotion out of it's viewers.

Things are the way they are right now for a reason and they'll fall into place soon enough people. Trust in Wataru Watari, and he will deliver!
Apr 20, 2015 2:14 PM

Aug 2014
Fawkey said:
Nobody actually knows why Yukino is angry at Hachiman, we only have theories. That being said, the theory that Yukino is angry at Hachiman because she hates to see him hurt himself is definitely wrong for two reasons:
1) When Hachiman victimized himself in order to turn Sagami into a victim, Yukino didn't get angry.
2) In no way did Hachiman hurt himself when he fake-confessed to Ebina, because, well, it was a fake confession.

First I wanna say I love SNAFU fans, they are hardcore. I enjoyed reading this thread more than watching the S2 so far.

I agree with the quote above more than anything. I don't see how Hachi could be "so hurt" by others opinions when we spent the entire first season learning how Hachi doesn't care about others opinions. Neither does Yukino, who continued to tease him about it in episode 12 of S1. Now Hiratsuka-sensei makes it obvious that IS the problem with lines like, "you need to realize that when you hurt yourself, you hurt others that care about you." But they aren't making it feel that way from the anime viewer's perspective. It's too much of a change too quickly.

Here's a thought I haven't read yet. Perhaps the real problem is Hachi's fake "confession" sparked a jealous desire in Yukino and Yui in the back of their minds, thinking, "I want a real confession from him for myself." And that scene at the end of the OP is foreshadowing to the battle for Hachi's heart! Yukino vs Yui! FIGHT!!

............................. also that OP is wack compared to the first, I thought the first OP was great.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 20, 2015 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
FriedfingersJohn said:
EuTenhoBomGosto said:

So Yukinoshita is selfish as fuck, what Hachiman does with his life is his problem, he isn't obligated to do please anyone, this is just melodrama trying do be deep

Mormegil said:

Shit sure is uneventful, I'm forcing myself to watch this, and I'm already expecting nothing really happening the entire season in the best Nisekoi-style

Jesus, why can't all romance anime be like Onani Master Kurosawa?
Apr 20, 2015 2:57 PM
Mar 2008
Naoki-Saten said:
cut

I really like reading your analyses, they're always so spot-on.
It's rare to see people with a brain here on MAL.
Apr 20, 2015 3:07 PM

Sep 2008
Mormegil said:

Yes. If you're bored you should stop watching it because it's gonna be like this throughout. Same advice to the guy above.

For me it's fucking high tension and interesting. I love reading people's theories here as well.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Apr 20, 2015 4:38 PM
Apr 2013
EuTenhoBomGosto said:
FriedfingersJohn said:

So Yukinoshita is selfish as fuck, what Hachiman does with his life is his problem, he isn't obligated to do please anyone, this is just melodrama trying do be deep

To be fair, the anime did blow the drama out of biblical proportions but I digress.

I always wonder why it was okay for Hachiman to hate Yui for being a nice girl in S1, leading him to sever all ties related to it but not when Yukino did the same for Hachiman except she didn't abandon the relationship between them entirely. Hachiman hates superficial relationship. So much so that he will avoid it at all cost. This is a known fact as shown through his actions and monologues in s1. By your logic, Hachiman is selfish in his own regard for going ham on Yui.

http://new1.fjcdn.com/comments/Take+this+_4d608abb6b09fe1c4772ef694c2b7a9a.jpg

Knowing this, one must ask why Hachiman made a sudden 180 turn on his belief towards superficial relationships? People should also take note his act of taking the request on his own without the consultation with other club members was questionable by itself. This is the main difference between now and then. By right, he shouldn't be taking Hayama's (personal) request nor Ebina's (personal) request at all. Taking their requests brought two major implications. First, everything he stood for regarding superficial relationships can be seen as hypocritical. Furthermore, he said he will not change but he did, cementing the fact what he did was out of his character. Second, he doesn't trust Yukino and Yui for anything. Not even when related to their club work despite both Yui and Yukino trust him. So why? Given the monologues at the end of episode 2 in s2, you pretty much get all of your answers.
worldeditor11Apr 20, 2015 5:22 PM
Apr 20, 2015 4:57 PM
Mar 2015
Guys ive Decided to read the manga but i dont know where season 2 starts also can someone tell me where i can find the manga online?? sites like mangafox seem to have only a few volumes
Apr 20, 2015 5:03 PM

Aug 2013
Alleyezonanime said:
Guys ive Decided to read the manga but i dont know where season 2 starts also can someone tell me where i can find the manga online?? sites like mangafox seem to have only a few volumes

Read the LN instead. The manga is still far behind (around episode 4 of season 1)
Apr 20, 2015 5:11 PM
Mar 2015
LordBanana said:
Alleyezonanime said:

Read the LN instead. The manga is still far behind (around episode 4 of season 1)

Oh ok thanks do you know where i can read that onlline?
Apr 20, 2015 5:13 PM
Apr 2015
Holy crap this episode was tense. Felt like I was being crushed under a weight starting from that first breakfast scene on.

I haven't read the LN so wasn't expecting this turn of events, but loving and looking forward this series even more now.

They've been doing a great job setting the mood this season. I'm especially impressed by how they've worked it in so smoothly through the character relationships/interactions.
Also probably one of the most realistic portrayals of hurt feelings I've seen in anime. No screaming or tears, just raw, excruciating tension and people holding their tongues.
Apr 20, 2015 5:17 PM

Apr 2015
I wished they are honest and just shout at each other.
#CHEXIT
Apr 20, 2015 5:23 PM
Apr 2013
Alleyezonanime said:
LordBanana said:

Oh ok thanks do you know where i can read that onlline?

Kyakka. Just type this on google.
Apr 20, 2015 5:34 PM
Feb 2013
Awesom Episode 3..

I really don't get it in this episode summary.

Why Yukino hate so much Hacchiman, but in season 1 Yukino never argued on decision of 8man?

I hate that word "nice friends", it feel me sick..

Sheet that Hayato so freaking me out, why he is so much popular on the girls.

8man say's in mind "What a nice oppai?" ^^
Apr 20, 2015 6:29 PM
Apr 2015
As for all the flak Hachiman caught this episode, I think it can be summed up in a single sentence - Everyone is worried about him and wants him to stop hurting himself by being self-destructive.

- Komachi was hurt right at the outset of this episode by 8man (understandably, but still) somewhat rudely kicking her out of his business.
She was just worried about her brother and wanted to help. Sure, she mouthed off a little while putting away her dishes, but the most telling part was her going to school by herself (instead of waiting to ride on the back of 8man's bike).

- Yui's expression when Hachiman started talking about his 'sh**ty speech' plan. 8man saw it and wilted as well.
She knew immediately he was thinking of giving the speech himself, as is his usual MO. Last episode she had gone balls to the wall and confronted him about just that. (She probably wanted desperately to confess her feelings to him right then and right there, but chose to say something she felt was even more important. Gold Medal Bro Award goes to her.) The following day, she also went out of her way to make sure he knew that he was still welcome (implied: wanted) at the club.

- Yukino responded in her own way, well-intentioned but rough around the edges as usual. She was really grasping at straws there, trying to come up with alternatives that would satisfy/deter him. You could hear it in her voice - when was the last time Yukinoshita Yukino wavered while speaking in front of others?
She definitely reached out the furthest to help him this episode, so it's only natural that she was the most hurt by his 'rejection'. (For anyone skeptical about that last statement - she went so far as to push herself beyond her personal ethical standards. You could see everyone's shock, herself included.)
So while she did lash out at 8man, it seems more out of concern for him and less about actually passing judgement. Because she probably understands. She just does not approve, and is trying to tell him that. But as the entire first season established, for all her aptitude, Yukino is clumsy when it comes to human relationships.

- Hiratsuka-sensei's concern was obvious. She flat out told him, plus it didn't really come across as flak anyways, so there isn't much more to say about that. Seems being an adult actually comes with some merits in this series =p
Oh but I do think her line about him being 'unable to help when it really counts' in the future' is significant foreshadowing. Esp when you mix it with the episode title.

- Haruno is just awesome and I'd want to talk about her, but I don't want to distract from the focus of this post.

All in all, that's a sort of theme I saw running through this episode, from beginning to end. Lots of doors being shut firmly in people's faces (including us poor viewers). Now don't get me wrong - Hachiman was not the only person doing the shutting, nor am I saying he is to blame for all this. Hurt people hurt people. 8man was hurt in the past, repeatedly. He has coped with being left out, rejected and alone as best he can, and done an admirable job at it.

However, Hachiman is no longer alone. There are people in his life now who care about him and how he feels. We've seen Yui and Yukino actively stand up for him in front of other people. We've seen Komachi, Hiratsuka-sensei and even Haruno rooting for him. Self-destructive may have worked when he was alone, since damage builds up calluses, but it also hurts those who care about him. That's essentially what Yui called him out on in the bamboo forest. That's what Yukino wants to do something about.

As 8man pointed out in one of his sublime essays, social relationships are messy. And as he has all but admitted to himself, he secretly desires and likes it. Things are very different for our cynical lone ranger hero of the first season.

Well played, Hiratsuka-sensei. You really deserve so many good things.
Apr 20, 2015 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
Mormegil said:
Hmmm..probably not. But you're likely in the minority, if episode polls are anything to go by.

I agree with the quote above more than anything. I don't see how Hachi could be "so hurt" by others opinions when we spent the entire first season learning how Hachi doesn't care about others opinions. Neither does Yukino, who continued to tease him about it in episode 12 of S1. Now Hiratsuka-sensei makes it obvious that IS the problem with lines like, "you need to realize that when you hurt yourself, you hurt others that care about you." But they aren't making it feel that way from the anime viewer's perspective. It's too much of a change too quickly.

We were given solid demonstrations of reason for Yukino's deeds.. If you want an exposition or monologue spoon feeding you everything, anime or any visual medium for that matter, is the wrong place to look for it.

1) Many times we have expanded on why and how this is fundamentally different from the case with Sagami. Oh shoot, I'll do it again. I love doing this.

In order to extract a proper solution to Sagami's problem, Hikigaya shoved every harsh truth about her situation and motivations to her damn face. He could always have took Hayama's route and used honey layered words to bring her back. But he stuck to who he is and tried to expose her to what is, to some extend, an objective evaluation, something that allowed her a chance at self introspection in the future. Hayama's method was only concerned with immediate and superficial results, but Hikigaya gave Sagami an opportunity to question herself and change for the better; he helped her to help herself, in a way. More importantly, both with Sagami, Rumi and during that counsel committee thingy, there were clear cut visual cues and fleeting shots to show us that he is not unaffected as he wants us to think he is.

2) The point is not that Hikigaya hurt himself with it. The point is that he compromised everything he stood for before. At least that is the problem with Yukinoshita. Considering everything about her personality, it is very much consistent for her character.

With Yui
Deiger said:
Yui's problem is a lot more obvious. She is both disturbed at his compulsive need to put himself on the chopping board (it should be noted that her first encounter with Hikki was with him jumping in front of a damn car to save her dog, so she most certainly has reason to think this tendency will escalate if she were to let it be) and the fact that he confessed to another girl.

First I wanna say I love SNAFU fans, they are hardcore. I enjoyed reading this thread more than watching the S2 so far.
I also love how people like you are acting all smug and exasperated as if all of us who analyse the show are just drawing conclusions from vacuum for justifying the show. Especially when we have provided reasons for our case and the consistency of it with regard to rest of the show and all you have are responses that rely on other posts while deliberately dismissing the views of the show's fans, most of which address much of your gripes with the show and provide reasonable explanations for them.
- My creativity is plummeting. -
Apr 21, 2015 8:19 AM
Jul 2018
I'm looking forward to see how this will play out in the end
Apr 21, 2015 9:30 AM

Feb 2015
Deiger1111 said:

I also love how people like you are acting all smug and exasperated as if all of us who analyse the show are just drawing conclusions from vacuum for justifying the show. Especially when we have provided reasons for our case and the consistency of it with regard to rest of the show and all you have are responses that rely on other posts while deliberately dismissing the views of the show's fans, most of which address much of your gripes with the show and provide reasonable explanations for them.

Uhmm, I don't think he meant that in a bad way...
Apr 21, 2015 11:09 AM

Dec 2014
Fawkey said:
testamentKAISER said:

1st
4th
5th
6th
8th b

You would be right, except that solving problems/fulfilling requests is not the Service Club's ultimate goal. The Service club's goal is to help people improve themselves. According to this, none of Hachiman's solutions help these people improve themselves (except for Saki).

"Ultimate goal"? Where did you get that? That improving thing is just a part of it. Solving problems and fulfilling requests is the Service Club main job. If the client is satisfied then it is done.
Apr 21, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2013
testamentKAISER said:
Fawkey said:

"Ultimate goal"? Where did you get that? That improving thing is just a part of it. Solving problems and fulfilling requests is the Service Club main job. If the client is satisfied then it is done.

As far as we know, Yukino is both the founder and the leader leader of the club. She alone decides what its goals and policies are.
"Those who are blessed give to those who are less fortunate out of the goodness of their hearts. People call this 'community service'. To reach out and help those who are in need. That is what this club does."
and also
"No, the service Club only helps them grant their wishes themselves. We do not give a starving man a fish. We teach him how to fish and make him independent. "

from episode 1, season 1.
Apr 21, 2015 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was tense.
8man don't do Komachi like that lol.
Haruno, I like her.
Yui doesn't want Hachiman to do reckless stuff again. As for Yukinon:
Deiger1111 said:
Her axe to grind is how Hikki compromised his stuck in stone ideals of brutal honesty and dislike of pretences for Hayama's clique.

+1
PhinalPhlashApr 21, 2015 2:21 PM
Apr 21, 2015 3:37 PM
Apr 2015
where can i read latest chapter of yahari?
Apr 21, 2015 5:51 PM

Dec 2014
zeimaela said:
where can i read latest chapter of yahari?

Kyakka
Type it on google
10.5 is the latest.
And volume 11 is coming soon. (^_^)/
Apr 21, 2015 8:20 PM
May 2014
Wow. The fanbase of the anime sure is getting sucky. At least there's still some who gets the point (yukino as bitchy? U serious F'**!!?!!). Wrong interpretations everywhere. Also , Irohasu ain't gonna be bitchy ( hate the VA tho, sounds too childy as f').
OML my signature was edgy. lol
Apr 22, 2015 6:13 AM

Mar 2008
studio feel is doing a decent job, what a relief!
Apr 22, 2015 10:14 AM
Nov 2014
worldeditor11 said:
Strident said:

In my judgement, it's quite distasteful to complain of a lack of monologues. Asserting that Hachiman's actor was told to 'downplay' his performance, and that his scenes are drained of meaning, notes that the subtle methods by which animation can communicate his stance and feeling are being overlooked. I would, in fact, argue that Hachiman's actor has put on a superb performance thus far. He is putting feeling into his words and breaths; subtlety is one of most difficult qualities to portray, especially when it comes to character emotion, and his actor has done a fantastic job of it, in correspondence with the visuals.

We watch animation for just that: animation. A monologue heavy story is best in text, but feel does an excellent job of adapting aspects into changes in posture, changes in the beat, and general direction of the show. And in doing so, feel and Hachiman's actor communicates so much more than the actor could alone (a picture's worth a thousand words). I could never say the same of S1.

The amount of monologues spoken depends on the story itself, not the medium.

This anime is perceived and narrated from Hachiman's perspective. Therefore, monologues are pretty much a given. The question is how much. Consider this, how many people will you think even bother to talk about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime if the amount of monologues spoken by Kyon reduced to a dozen? Sometimes, the plot does not carries the show forward, but the main character thoughts and opinions regarding a situation. The same can be applied with OreGairu. Hence, why I said what I said in the first sentence of this reply.

Of course, leaving the details up to viewers imagination is fine and dandy if it is done right through animation alone. Actually, I prefer that more because that's the point of having animation in the first place. But this heavily depends on the director personal interpretation towards a given premise among other factors. This inevitably carries risks. Misguided character hating is one of those risks. Misunderstood characters is one of those risks. Misinterpretation of the underlying message is one of those risks. Underdeveloped characters is one of those risks. Heck, even Tobe's out of nowhere love for Ebina is one of those risks.

Regarding Hachiman's voice actor, yes, he did put up an excellent performance but for the wrong reasons. The tone, personality and emotion feels out of place and not the Hachiman I knew. Since when Hachiman turned into a hard-boiled character? No, he is not. When he said "I am the biggest liar of them all" with contempt and regret, it honestly felt to me out from nowhere. A perceived narcissist saying those words with a sad tone made me aware that I am missing something crucial about this show. An important detail about this Hachiman character if you will but I managed to sort that out by reading the LN. Now, this is not due to his voice actor problem, but rather the anime itself for omitting details regarding Hachiman and other characters as well.

Here I will testify based on my own philosophy as a writer. You claim that subtle communication carries risks, and I agree with that on a general level. It is a completely valid statement that the methods by which a narrative is communicated may lead to misunderstanding between the writer (or, director) and the audience.

That being said, I also claim that rather than a risk, this is a benefit. The way in which the audience interpreting the work being diversified is a good thing by all means. It means that they are identifying with the characters, and the themes in a way that is grounded in their own experiences. And that reflects an recurring idea in literature; that the work is a conversation between writer and reader. When the author writes with subtly, he is respecting his audience and their judgments. If they misinterpret his message, perhaps he has room for growth, or perhaps the new message is better and he learns about himself and his audience.

I believe the medium does affect the usage of monologues, as it affects the harmony of its overall production elements.

I am not aware of your experiences with the show. For me personally, I felt that I could emphasize more closely with Hachiman than ever before, and that I was able to read the show's elements as a whole.
Apr 23, 2015 10:29 AM

Dec 2013
Not sure I like how they changed the scene at the restaurant. Specifically, I could hardly recognize Haruno now that her face has become so generically plain... That's not a good sign. I really liked how they animated her in Season 1.

That said, given this was done entirely from Hachiman's perspective, I was expecting his recollections of his bullying from middle school to be way harsher and way more dark than what they showed this episode. Glossing over all of that kind of took away from the overall atmosphere of the story, and just ended up making it a "who can insult Hachiman more" competition between Haruno and Kaori. Sure it made Hachiman seem pathetic, but somehow it didn't work here. I got the feeling that Hachiman was still hooked up on Kaori, which was not the message that I assume they were trying to present (it should have been how he's become so cynical after all the bullshit that he experienced back then, and how it still traumatizes him).

I also felt like the scene with Hayato kind of made implications that it shouldn't have. Personally I didn't like how it felt like Hayato was pining for Haruno and was actually jealous of her teasing/approval of Hachiman's no-bullshit character. Made me hate Hayato's character all the more (considering his superficial lifestyle was always his own choice).

Not having as many inner monologues is killing Hachiman's character for me here. Somehow it feels like the first three episodes, I'm watching an entirely bland character here.

Still, it's true that the tension from the argument that Yukino had with Hachi was distinctly palpable here, and I kind of get the feeling that neither party are really helping Iroha as much as they are able to. Thus far I've not had any issues with Iroha's character either. Not quite understanding all the hate for her here.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 23, 2015 11:11 AM

Sep 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Not sure I like how they changed the scene at the restaurant. Specifically, I could hardly recognize Haruno now that her face has become so generically plain... That's not a good sign. I really liked how they animated her in Season 1.
Agreed. She doesn't seem at all like someone so above and beyond everyone that blows even Yukino's perfection out of the water.
just ended up making it a "who can insult Hachiman more" competition between Haruno and Kaori. Sure it made Hachiman seem pathetic, but somehow it didn't work here. I got the feeling that Hachiman was still hooked up on Kaori, which was not the message that I assume they were trying to present (it should have been how he's become so cynical after all the bullshit that he experienced back then, and how it still traumatizes him).
I disagree, but that is just a difference in perspective. I personally don't think Kaori was actively trying to have a go at him here. She's oblivious to how her words affect Hikigaya, the whole 'I did talk to you' makes this evident. To her, what little they did talk did not have even a modicum of the significance it had to Hikigaya. That is far more emotionally traumatizing for a person compared to someone out to hoodwink, insult and slander you (since that would mean they could revel in how unfairly they're treated, in this case, the fault lies only with how presumptuous Hikkigaya was)

Not having as many inner monologues is killing Hachiman's character for me here. Somehow it feels like the first three episodes, I'm watching an entirely bland character here.
The lack of monologues doesn't detract from his character for me, since many of the nuances as conveyed well enough through his body language and the like. That said, to each their own, the monologues I agree had a charm of their own, although something that wouldn't fit well with the current tone of the show imo.
- My creativity is plummeting. -
Apr 23, 2015 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
EuTenhoBomGosto said:

Because everyone wants to act like a smarty pants that knows how these characters act, or probably because they want to add MORE drama into it.
Apr 23, 2015 11:43 AM

Jul 2014
Jonesy974 said:
I literally hate every girl in this show. I don't like yaoi but fully ship Hiki and Totsuka.

Yukino - Bitch. Shits on Hachiman all the time.
Yui - Annoying. Basically the female Hayato. Acts nice but still doesn't think twice about insulting Hachiman.
Komachi - So annoying and pushy I want to kill myself every time I see her.
Shizuka - Bitch. Basically chain-smoking older Yukino.
Haruno - Superficial bitch. Super fucking annoying.
Saki - She was a stuck up bitch during her minimal time in S1.
Ebina/Yumiko/All side girls - Annoying. Superficial. Manipulative. Crass.
Hayato - Basically a girl, since he's the biggest pussy I've ever seen.

Totsuka is literally THE ONLY person who is 100% consistently nice to Hachiman no matter the situation. Hachiman got fucked over at the end of S1? Totsuka was there to lean on. Hiki got ripped on by his "friends" after the trip? Totsuka offers up a warm smile and hello.

If Totsuka ever gets annoyed and Hachiman and says something rude to him. I'm gonna lose my shit. I'll have nowhere left to turn for comfort.

Best. Fucking. Man. 8Man. Keep fighting the good fight. You are literally doing nothing wrong. And not only do the other scrubs not have any alternatives, then they ride your ass despite solving all the problems.

EDIT: I also see a lot of people who are siding with Yukino and bashing 8man. They're saying that Yukino was right because Hachiman is going against everything he stood for by being a liar and helping Hayato's superficial relationship. An calling Hachiman wrong for being a liar.

It seems like you all are forgetting about Ebina. Her request was to Hachiman specifically and she told him she didn't want Tobe to get the chance to confess to her. So while Hachiman shouting the fake confession seemed superficial since it protected Hayato's group, it was also most direct (and really only) approach to stop Tobe from finishing his confession, therefore fulfilling his request to Ebina. And Ebina even knew that the confession was fake after they talked the next day.

So basically it's once again everyone getting mad at Hiki when he was busy solving problems that nobody else even knew about nor would have had a solution to. Hachiman could clearly not give 2 fucks about Hayato, but since he had the opportunity to take out 2 birds with 1 stone he jumped on it.

Can you blame them? most of the people here especially the LN readers treats Yukino like their Goddess or aka by otaku terms=Waifu material so yeah Yukino is perfect while everyone is not lol
Apr 23, 2015 6:54 PM

Jul 2014
SansrivaaL said:

Can you blame them? most of the people here especially the LN readers treats Yukino like their Goddess or aka by otaku terms=Waifu material so yeah Yukino is perfect while everyone is not lol
Dunno where you're getting your facts from lol
Looks to me like everyone is either mad at Yukino since she's a bitch or being pretty impartial and saying Yukino isn't really right but not completely wrong either.
another one of the damn anti critiques bunch geez..
Apr 23, 2015 8:30 PM

Jul 2014
Terapin said:
SansrivaaL said:

Looks to me like everyone is either mad at Yukino since she's a bitch or being pretty impartial and saying Yukino isn't really right but not completely wrong either.

I did say ''MOST'' not everyone, its basically an opinion, did I ever say it was a fact? unless you took it way too seriously (which is obvious)
Apr 24, 2015 5:21 AM

Jul 2014
SansrivaaL said:
Terapin said:

I did say ''MOST'' not everyone, its basically an opinion, did I ever say it was a fact? unless you took it way too seriously (which is obvious)
Most is still a bold generalization.
unless you took it way too seriously (which is obvious)
so you can freely generalize a whole bunch of people to a negative light as a joke, but having a stand against that is 'taking things too seriously'. Talk about hypocrisy.

Or are you perhaps implying that something being an opinion intrinsically exempts it from criticism? Anti-Semitism, racism and sexism are also opinions.

People who say Yukino is a bitch are the ones that are looking for waifu material in her. Those people can't stand the main character whose role they project themselves into be criticized by a woman since you know, anime girls should be innocent and virgins and with unanimous belief in the mc's goodness even if they hit him in the head and physically abuse him on something of an hourly basis.

Oh man, I almost missed it. Here's my amnesty for a hypocritical generalization. This is IMHO.
TerapinApr 24, 2015 5:26 AM
Apr 24, 2015 5:44 AM

Feb 2015
^ lol, take all my +1s. Just take 'em.
Apr 24, 2015 8:17 AM

Jul 2014
Terapin said:
SansrivaaL said:

Most is still a bold generalization.
unless you took it way too seriously (which is obvious)
so you can freely generalize a whole bunch of people to a negative light as a joke, but having a stand against that is 'taking things too seriously'. Talk about hypocrisy.

Or are you perhaps implying that something being an opinion intrinsically exempts it from criticism? Anti-Semitism, racism and sexism are also opinions.

People who say Yukino is a bitch are the ones that are looking for waifu material in her. Those people can't stand the main character whose role they project themselves into be criticized by a woman since you know, anime girls should be innocent and virgins and with unanimous belief in the mc's goodness even if they hit him in the head and physically abuse him on something of an hourly basis.

Oh man, I almost missed it. Here's my amnesty for a hypocritical generalization. This is IMHO.

Someone's been watching too much drama. Well u did take it WAY TOO SERIOUSLY considering that I was merely joking. ''SOME'' (incase u get all sensitive again) LN/MANGA/ANIME fans mostly are now into waifu materials thus I was making a joke that they like Yukinoshita due to knowing more about her in the LN, I never meant that in a serious negative way, I will repeat I WAS JOKING (notice the lol at the end of what I said? thats my way of saying its a joke since people are getting too uptight here)
Also uhm people that hates on Yukinoshita basically just has a different taste, u do know not everyone has to like her. But yeah for you hating Yukinoshita is basically because people wants her to become a waifu material.

BTW before you get all sensitive again, just so we're clear these are all MO.

Its a fool's errand forcing my opinions into your opinions so I dont wanna waste time arguing with you.
-StrayApr 24, 2015 8:23 AM
Apr 24, 2015 9:15 AM

Jul 2014
SansrivaaL said:

Someone's been watching too much drama. Well u did take it WAY TOO SERIOUSLY considering that I was merely joking. ''SOME'' (incase u get all sensitive again) LN/MANGA/ANIME fans mostly are now into waifu materials thus I was making a joke that they like Yukinoshita due to knowing more about her in the LN, I never meant that in a serious negative way, I will repeat I WAS JOKING (notice the lol at the end of what I said? thats my way of saying its a joke since people are getting too uptight here)

BTW before you get all sensitive again, just so we're clear these are all MO.

Its a fool's errand forcing my opinions into your opinions so I dont wanna waste time arguing with you.
Lmfao, see who can't take a joke? You know it when a certain someone uses all caps to explain it.
I never meant that in a serious negative way, I will repeat I WAS JOKING (notice the lol at the end of what I said? thats my way of saying its a joke since people are getting too uptight here)
Oh yes, silly me. Call the jews sinners, the blacks hooligans and LN lovers crazy waifu loving otakus. Preface with a lol. Of course there's no offence intended.
Also uhm people that hates on Yukinoshita basically just has a different taste, u do know not everyone has to like her. But yeah for you hating Yukinoshita is basically because people wants her to become a waifu material.
B-but then, Ln readers think she's not bitch because she's waifu material, r-right? xD[spoiler]
TerapinApr 24, 2015 9:25 AM
Apr 24, 2015 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
I find it really interesting that a number of people are disappointed by the lack of monologues this season around. There is a sneaky truth about monologues and first-person narration (and it is why I dislike writing fiction in the first person point of view) that isn't readily apparent: first person narration creates automatic intimacy with the character. Literally being in someone's head is like experiencing synthetic empathy. We inherently like these characters more so long as they aren't fundamentally opposed to how we see ourselves. In short, we are willing to give the greatest leeway, the largest benefit of the doubt, to the characters whose inner thoughts we are privy to.

Without that access, how much we like a character (and how much we are willing to forgive his flaws) rests more on his personality and actions. If certain people like Hachiman less this season, it may not be because he hasn't been adapted as well--they may be seeing the gulf between how much they liked his character when they could read his mind, and how much they like his character when they can only see his actions.

Hachiman is not an inherently likeable character. Cut out the monologue scenes from the first season and he becomes more difficult to relate to. Consider the S1 Yui conflict; the dialogue is there that we can understand why it is that Hachiman is doing what he does, but remove the "I hate nice girls" monologue, the pertinent flashbacks, etc, and he comes across as quite a bit less sympathetic in the execution. I think this is more or less what we are being given in S2.
Apr 25, 2015 11:01 AM

Jul 2010
The election was like between Hikki and Yukino. I'm rooting for Yukino but it seems a bad idea, though.
Apr 25, 2015 2:53 PM

Feb 2013
Yukino looked angry the entire episode. Her sister was amusing (took me a little to realize who she was with the new art and all). I'd like to see Yukino's reaction too (jealous or not).
Apr 26, 2015 1:22 PM

Aug 2010
Man, that was tense. Poor Yui had to be in the tense atmosphere between hachiman and yukinon.

Is it possible Hayama actually likes Haruno???

And i'm noticing that the animation for Yukinon seems off...in a bad way.
May 8, 2015 3:50 PM
Feb 2013
Curly haired bitch. :)
May 9, 2015 6:12 AM

Dec 2010
Good episode, it's good to have actual development going on. I just hope Hikky will get better at some point.
May 15, 2015 2:41 AM

Oct 2012
the yukino's sister is exactly the kind of woman I really don't like.

May 18, 2015 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
Overall, this episode is not bad, but you know, I do not like most comue once this TV series. That chemistry that worked so well in the first season, I do not find her anymore. Too many things have changed, maybe it was better to change even the voice actors, at least one felt less dazed.
Drawings and animations good, the addition of the new opening surprised me, but also a bit disappointed, being very similar to many others in terms of the characters in the cast spoilers. New characters added now, leave me a little bitter taste, especially that of Iroha, had before inserting him a minimum of anticipation, and not throw them into the fray without notice, I did not like.
Hayama has feelings for Haruno, so it seemed to believe and is perhaps the reason for friction between Yukinon and Haruno.
Ah, I could be wrong ... teehee! XD
May 30, 2015 11:53 PM
Jan 2015
They missed one of Hikki's thoughts involving Kaori. :<
Hikki was disappointed with himself for liking Kaori because she likes someone like Hayama.
May 31, 2015 6:22 AM

Jul 2008
I guess for some people high school is their whole world while they are in it, but I still can't really see how Yukino (and to a less extent, Hachiman and Yui) care so much about their classmate's "problems" (most of which just revolve around saving face in awkward situations). Whether or not Hachiman's methods are "right" or compassionate, it doesn't really matter. Who cares if the popular kids don't work out their problems or some hot girl wins the student council presidency...? Though I suppose I am being just as cynical as Hachiman for thinking that.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2015

443 by Tugra_Enes_Bal »»
Jun 25, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1003 by ViSpace »»
May 30, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

557 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2015

480 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

544 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.