Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2015 12:39 AM

Jun 2012
Solid ep
Jan 31, 2015 12:41 AM

Jan 2011
The judgement was what I had expected. Definitely agree that Yosuke should be reincarnated but I wasn't so sure if Misaki should be reincarnted as well.

Misaki definitely seems manipulative and scheming. She may have been good to her children but her actions towards her manager prove otherwise. And I somehow get the feeling she's mainly using her children to boost her popularity.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 31, 2015 1:04 AM
Jan 2015
But with the woman getting sent to the void is pretty harsh but she didn't deserve to be reincarnated. She only cared about herself and her family so she would go back to treating other ppl like she treated her assistant and the otaku.
Jan 31, 2015 1:17 AM

Apr 2014
Awesome episode.

I think that it would be better if both of them went to the void though. He made a stupid enough move to suicide, because he could not face the facts. I thought that the man was way too weak. On the other hand, the woman's life was very difficult, but the way she treated her children and employees was not the best. I think that Decim chose her to go to the void because of the way she treated them as well as for her soul to rest and the man to go for reincarnation to give him another chance to live well with his family.

It looks like next episode will introduce new characters.
Jan 31, 2015 2:03 AM

Mar 2013
BossTheKid said:
TheKnox said:
If you do not understand why the lady was sent to hell, listen/read.

The woman is manipulative. Think about the entire episode. She was manipulating the him the entire time. (We're on a game show. Go along with me and I'll tell you what to do. Lose this game. You need to let me free because of 'whatever excuse to save my skin'.) Then her behavior toward the guy where she beat his face into the machine showed her true colors.

You can say it was for the kids, but that doesn't excuse her personality. She's a manipulative person and I have no doubt it was a lie.

If you believed she deserved to go to heaven after all that, then she was manipulating you too.
Not heaven but reincarnation. Because she got pregnant early on and was abused by multiple men she was forced to do whatever she had to in order to survive. The otaku on the other hand took his own life instead of trying to live. Why does he deserve to be reincarnated. If the women was in a different situation things might have been different.

"she got pregnant" oh, so she was just magically impregnated? like, she blacked out and woke up pregnant? no, she chose a guy who turned out to be abusive, her own fault for not being a better judge of character.
getting knocked up in a bathroom stall, meeting dudes in bars then bringing them home and banging them while her kids sleep in the next room.. she is not the brightest girl in the world. pretty stupid, in fact.
everything that happened to her in her life is a result of her own stupid actions, she is no victim of anything. beyond that, she is a terrible human for bringing 5 kids into the world with no plan for their future. absolutely disgusting behavior.

(gotta say though, I don't empathize with the guy much either. he seemingly commit suicide out of boredom[?]. not having an easy time understanding his thought process.)
meditate on bass weight.
Jan 31, 2015 2:07 AM

May 2013
God this series is awesome. For an episodic series, it can be really emotional.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Jan 31, 2015 2:13 AM

Apr 2008
1 more hint..
i think the special attack/ hidden attack shows how they value them
lady = useless
guy = super effective.. ;DD
Jan 31, 2015 2:20 AM

Aug 2008
The nerd getting reincarnation, while troubled MILF gets the void.

If I recall correctly, the game is only held when two people die close to each other and they need to be judged to see where their souls go... so I guess they both died on the same hospital?
While their cases are unrelated, they both deal with family issues still. This makes things more interesting, since initially I thought that the players needed to know each other intimately to end up playing the game.

That's why I kept expecting the two of them were somehow related for the first quarter of this episode. If they make another episode likes this one, it will make things really hard to comprehend, since two very complicated, UNRELATED cases must be judged simultaneously.

Anyway, while I feel bad about the Youseke's case, I think that Misaki's fate was crueler. Yes, she made bad decisions, but the guy took his own life, while in her case she gets murdered... It doesn't matter that she was a nasty bitch towards her staff, getting murdered in retaliation is taking things too far. In the end, life ended up fucking her over the most, such pity.
Jan 31, 2015 2:20 AM

Oct 2014
I don't understand... I mean, wasn't Quindecim supposed to be for pairs who died together? :S

Aside from that, might it be that the nerd's "mother" wasn't really her mother, but rather the woman he played against was? As in, the father mistreated her and they divorced, and the woman who wanted to be called "mother" was just his father's second wife or something... that might explain why he doesn't want to call her mother, and his depression to some extent, too.

Pretty sad episode overall, but unless what I said is true, it doesn't make much sense to me. I'd really like other's opinion on what I said.
Jan 31, 2015 2:49 AM
Jan 2015
BossTheKid said:
TheKnox said:
If you do not understand why the lady was sent to hell, listen/read.

The woman is manipulative. Think about the entire episode. She was manipulating the him the entire time. (We're on a game show. Go along with me and I'll tell you what to do. Lose this game. You need to let me free because of 'whatever excuse to save my skin'.) Then her behavior toward the guy where she beat his face into the machine showed her true colors.

You can say it was for the kids, but that doesn't excuse her personality. She's a manipulative person and I have no doubt it was a lie.

If you believed she deserved to go to heaven after all that, then she was manipulating you too.
Not heaven but reincarnation. Because she got pregnant early on and was abused by multiple men she was forced to do whatever she had to in order to survive. The otaku on the other hand took his own life instead of trying to live. Why does he deserve to be reincarnated. If the women was in a different situation things might have been different.

Oh yeah. You're right. I forgot it was actually reincarnation. I remember they saying heaven and hell during the show and that stuck with me.

She wasn't forced to do anything she didn't want to. People that have been abused don't suddenly get the right to abuse others.

I'm not saying abuse is okay but it's not an excuse for her behavior. She has free will. Also it's retribution for her behavior during the game. Like I mentioned those were her true colors.

A abusive and manipulative person.
Jan 31, 2015 2:51 AM

Jul 2012
When the dude regretted his suicide and not being able to make his mom's simple dream come true, it hit me like a ton of bricks man. Never has an anime got me this emotional, Phenomenal episode.

Sonatta said:
I don't understand... I mean, wasn't Quindecim supposed to be for pairs who died together? :S

No, it's people who die at the same time. They don't have to be related to each other, like the two in this episode and in Death Billiards.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jan 31, 2015 2:57 AM

Jul 2014
So many feelsssssss!!! I feel bad for both of them and cried in the second half of the episode. Why is life so f*cked up (crying)

Jan 31, 2015 4:25 AM

Mar 2013
I really feel bad for the both of them
Jan 31, 2015 4:29 AM

Jul 2008
About the assistant murdering her, maybe you could try to see it like this:

She snapped as a result of constant abuse and hit back... she might very well not really mean to kill her and things just got out of hand while trying to save herself. She didn't call her children, she stopped the abuse to take a call from her kid... for the assistant to act that way, it's easy to imagine it would have gotten much worse if the call hadn't come and she thought she had to do something while she could.

If you compare the situation to Misaki hitting Yousuke's face into the arcade until he didn't move anymore, you can understand it better: he didn't die because he was already dead, but he could very well have if it was still the real world. Misaki's actions afterwards show she didn't mean to kill him at all, she just snapped because she thought it was to save herself. Can you say with certain that if Misaki hadn't died, the assistant wouldn't act the same way towards her after her rage calmed down?

She didn't deserve to be murdered, but it's hard to tell if if her assistant actually meant to kill her or just wanted to stop her.

Also about the difference in their reactions when the joystick flew off... When Yousuke's did, it was still the second round, where him losing would only mean they go into the next round, and they still thought it was a tv show.
When Misaki's did, she was already desperate, in the last, deciding round, with a huge handicap from him being a gamer and she being inexperienced in arcades, and thinking she was going to die if she lost.
The situations were completely different, so saying he cared less about his life because he didn't really react to that makes zero sense, imo.
Jan 31, 2015 4:33 AM

Aug 2014
from what i've seen so far, those who seem to have a 'regretful' or 'miserable' expression on while the elevator doors are about to shut are sent into reincarnation. and others who don't necessarily seem regretful or rather somewhat accepting of their reality are sent into the void.
i really liked this episode definitely my favorite so far

allenarenJan 31, 2015 4:37 AM
Jan 31, 2015 4:42 AM

Sep 2014
Genix said:
The nerd getting reincarnation, while troubled MILF gets the void.

If I recall correctly, the game is only held when two people die close to each other and they need to be judged to see where their souls go... so I guess they both died on the same hospital?
While their cases are unrelated, they both deal with family issues still. This makes things more interesting, since initially I thought that the players needed to know each other intimately to end up playing the game.

That's why I kept expecting the two of them were somehow related for the first quarter of this episode. If they make another episode likes this one, it will make things really hard to comprehend, since two very complicated, UNRELATED cases must be judged simultaneously.

Anyway, while I feel bad about the Youseke's case, I think that Misaki's fate was crueler. Yes, she made bad decisions, but the guy took his own life, while in her case she gets murdered... It doesn't matter that she was a nasty bitch towards her staff, getting murdered in retaliation is taking things too far. In the end, life ended up fucking her over the most, such pity.

No, they do have a similarity. They both thought their life was horrible(well it was) and didn't consider others' feelings. The woman thought she was suffering, and didn't notice her children were there for her. The boy also thought he was suffering, and didn't notice his step mom wanted to welcome him as family. This is their similarity.

Yes, she is screwed over by life, but it was her fault what she did. The boy didn't go through as much as she did, but at least he didn't start treating his stepmom like crap.

allenaren said:
from what i've seen so far, those who seem to have a 'regretful' or 'miserable' expression on while the elevator doors are about to shut are sent into reincarnation. and others who don't necessarily seem regretful are sent into the void.

Not really. It's not about being regretful or not. The ones sent to the void may find it easier not to show their feelings. In this case, the boys parents divorced, the dad remarried, and he committed suicide because he couldn't handle things. The woman went through abuse, began treating her children like crap without noticing, and then smashed Yousuke's head into the screen. @_@
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 31, 2015 4:46 AM

Jan 2013
I can see why the woman was sent to hell. I am surprised to see people not getting the whole gist of why she was sent to void. All she did in her life was cheating, not caring about her children, treating her secretary bad etc. Plus she overdid it by slamming Yosuke's head against the screen, what a bitch. She should hold more responbilities of what she has done. Yousuke had it worse, apparently he had no friends and his parents were divorced, his dad married another woman, the stepmother of Yousuke. I think he commited suicide because he couldn't accept his life considiton. Although he had a regret, not calling his stepmother, "mother".

Brilliantly done episode, makes you think of endless possibilities of the fate of a character. 5/5
Jan 31, 2015 4:48 AM
Mar 2014
ReaperCreeper said:
vodall said:
Oh. I thought this show would become more interesting after last week, but I guess we're back to the melodrama! It's sad, sure, but that's the whole point. Hopefully it can strive for more than an emotional response.

That's the point. There's recently been 1-2 anime every year that revolve around this boring "fundamentally wrong" concept, and people eat it up each time. The problem is that Death Parade is not setting itself apart from the majority.
Except if you payed attention you'd notice how the dark haired woman (that's what she's actually named as) is there to show how ridiculous it is to judge people in such black and white terms. Hell it was spelled out clearly in Death Billiards. You'll notice Decim shows signs of being unsure of the system too.

I'm aware of that, but clearly pointing it out is bad exposition; any viewer should be able to figure these things out for themselves, not needing someone devoted to explanation. Hell, the entire second episode is a giant infodump to better explain the process behind the judging, but what's the point? It didn't further the plot at all, it just makes the episodes more saddening. If you want an example of how to push this kind of thing, check out Stand Alone Complex. It's probably the pinnacle of the "psychological" genre for this medium.
vegetablespiritJan 31, 2015 4:54 AM
Jan 31, 2015 4:53 AM

Sep 2014
-Klad- said:
I can see why the woman was sent to hell. I am surprised to see people not getting the whole gist of why she was sent to void. All she did in her life was cheating, not caring about her children, treating her secretary bad etc. Plus she overdid it by slamming Yosuke's head against the screen, what a bitch. She should hold more responbilities of what she has done. Yousuke had it worse, apparently he had no friends and his parents were divorced, his dad married another woman, the stepmother of Yousuke. I think he commited suicide because he couldn't accept his life considiton. Although he had a regret, not calling his stepmother, "mother".

Brilliantly done episode, makes you think of endless possibilities of the fate of a character. 5/5

She didn't cheat on anyone. She was abused by her husband(s?) and boyfriend(s?). And before she knew it, she had 5 kids.
Jan 31, 2015 5:09 AM

Nov 2011
The only thing i didn't like about this ep was that the otaku committed suicide, aside from that everything else was brilliant.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 31, 2015 5:37 AM

Jun 2013
This is tragic. I'm having a feels trip right now.

Yousuke was so depressed that he committed suicide. Misaki was killed by her assistant. Both of them had terrible past. He had a troubled childhood, and she was deceived by his ex-husbands and her only chance to live happily was being on a television with her five children.

Decim triggers a device causing both of the players to malfunction. He wants to add "extreme conditions". Onna disagrees with this technique.

That moment when Misaki repeatedly slams Yousuke's face on the arcade machine, and then later she realizes that and is filled with remorse over her action. That's really harsh.

Yousuke is sent to be reincarnated, while Misaki is sent to the void. How I wish she would be reincarnated, but she didn't treat her children and her assistant well, although I understand her because she was in deep pain. The guy feels so sad and hopeless because he didn't call her step mother "mamma" when he was living.

Good episode. I love it. I can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 31, 2015 5:38 AM

Jan 2013
mira-lala said:
-Klad- said:

She didn't cheat on anyone. She was abused by her husband(s?) and boyfriend(s?). And before she knew it, she had 5 kids.
Oh, you're right. Dont know why I had that impression. Either way, doesn't oppose the fact why she was sent to void
Jan 31, 2015 5:42 AM

Sep 2014
-Klad- said:
mira-lala said:

Oh, you're right. Dont know why I had that impression. Either way, doesn't oppose the fact why she was sent to void

I know, she still deserves to go to the void, but I'm just saying you shouldn't put all the blame on her.
Jan 31, 2015 5:48 AM

Apr 2013
So both of them had a rough live, but Misaki abused other people too unlike the boy, so I kinda understand the judgement.

But some people in here, which think of the otaku being "useless in society" and "pathetic, being all grumpy all the time", etc. should think over the value of human life in general, and also get some information on the sickness called "depression".
Jan 31, 2015 5:57 AM

Jul 2014
The decision was correct. Both had rough lives, Misaki abused other people too, but that's not the reason for the decision. Through reliving of their memories they both realised they fucked up. But, their desires after the realisation were different. The guy wanted another chance at life, the woman wanted to see HER children again.

Reincarnation could give the guy another chance at life. Reincarnation COULDN'T let the woman see HER children again. That's why she was sent into the void, she had nothing to gain through reincarnation.
Jan 31, 2015 6:00 AM

Sep 2014
Best episode so far, absolutely loved it! I really felt sorry for both of the characters. This is definitely the best winter 2015 Anime right now! <3
Jan 31, 2015 6:05 AM

Jul 2014
Also, can someone tell me, in the final scene, is it implied that Decim broke his little thingie by himself, or it was broken during the game?
Jan 31, 2015 6:14 AM

Sep 2014
WhipItGood said:
Also, can someone tell me, in the final scene, is it implied that Decim broke his little thingie by himself, or it was broken during the game?

He probably broke it by himself. Especially when you consider the crying scene.
Jan 31, 2015 6:26 AM

Jul 2014
mira-lala said:
WhipItGood said:

He probably broke it by himself. Especially when you consider the crying scene.

No, just rewatched it, Onna brakes it herself.
Jan 31, 2015 6:27 AM

Apr 2009
All the "the otaku commited suicide for nothing" are stupid. People don't do that for no reason.
Jan 31, 2015 7:20 AM
Feb 2014
finally an ep on the same level as the first
Jan 31, 2015 7:36 AM

Jan 2015
persolus said:
i doubt she loved her children, because if you love them u wont say "I was about to be happy", if you love your children you'll be happy if they are healthy. Of course money can make your life better, but not everytime happy.

And that quote "send me back to THOSE children" not mine, but THOSE children.

I have to agree with you.
Jan 31, 2015 7:45 AM

Oct 2013
because the woman probably wanted to go back for her own showbiz career. I think. emotional ep...
Jan 31, 2015 8:24 AM

Sep 2012
Not bad episode. I'm just waiting for the next one, it looks good.

TiKey said:
All the "the otaku commited suicide for nothing" are stupid. People don't do that for no reason.

Yep
Jan 31, 2015 8:34 AM

Jan 2015
No Ginti No Life
Jan 31, 2015 8:41 AM

Dec 2014
5/5
Jan 31, 2015 8:42 AM

Jan 2015
WhipItGood said:
The decision was correct. Both had rough lives, Misaki abused other people too, but that's not the reason for the decision. Through reliving of their memories they both realised they fucked up. But, their desires after the realisation were different. The guy wanted another chance at life, the woman wanted to see HER children again.

Reincarnation could give the guy another chance at life. Reincarnation COULDN'T let the woman see HER children again. That's why she was sent into the void, she had nothing to gain through reincarnation.

This is a good point.

Even tho I wanted her to get reincarnated, in the end, she'd never get a chance to see her children again.

Life sucks.
Jan 31, 2015 8:43 AM

Jan 2015
heiqi1hu said:
because the woman probably wanted to go back for her own showbiz career. I think. emotional ep...

Nah, she wanted to see her children again.
Jan 31, 2015 9:00 AM

Aug 2011
TiKey said:

Yes. Yousuke was neglected as a child to the point where his mother literally said she wished she had never had him IN HIS FACE and walked out completely. I don't think people understand how this can f**k a person up, especially a child. That's a deep, traumatic event whether you want to admit it or not and it's gonna be a gaping whole in one's existence. So from thereon, he developed depression that grew deeper with time to the point where he didn't see life as worthy of living; I'm guessing he knew his dad and stepmom loved him, but didn't have it in him to crawl out of the dark place he was at.
People don't commit suicide "for no reason," ever. There's always a catalyst that pushes them over the edge. And depression is one hellova strong trigger, when you no longer see the light or point in anything anymore.
And in the end, he showed great remorse for not fulfilling even one little wish asked of him. He regretted his actions.

Whilst Misaki was abused to the point she started abusing people herself, justifying her actions as love for her kids. I get that she had a hard life, but you don't abuse others just because you were abused, wtf is that logic?!? No wonder the assistant choked her, I don't think it was the first time she hit her either.
I don't think her kids really liked her much either, as she seemed more concerned with her career other than her kids; she was likely neglecting them, leaving the older kids to take care of the younger ones while she was out doing more auditions over taking care of her children. That's hella selfish, don't you think? Also, in the arcade game, she called them pretty useless, as well as demanding to be sent back to "THOSE" kids, not "MY" kids. Like, if you don't want to take proper care of your kids and commit yourself to that, STOP HAVING THEM WITH EVERY GUY YOU COME ACROSS LIKE A RABBIT, DAMMIT! FFS, she was f**king with some guy in the hallway when her kids were asleep like 10 meter from her! No mother of the year-award for you, woman!

So yeah, rant over.

TLTR: I think both were sent to reincarnation/void fairly.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Jan 31, 2015 9:15 AM

Jul 2010
OOOOH so sad.

Too bad we didn't know as who went to who.
yeo
Jan 31, 2015 9:20 AM
Sep 2014
I like how people think the man went for reincarnation for no good reason while we have no bloody clue around his background (was he isolated? did he tried to make friends or start a career and got discouraged? what drove him to suicide?).
Jan 31, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2014
GoMarcia said:
Why has the woman been sent to hell? I don't get it

You really have to ask?
Jan 31, 2015 9:40 AM

Sep 2013
DB24 said:
GoMarcia said:
Why has the woman been sent to hell? I don't get it

You really have to ask?
[img]-SNIP-

She's a disgrace to the Fighting Game Community.
Jan 31, 2015 9:45 AM

Feb 2014
Really emotional episode. 5/5
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jan 31, 2015 9:55 AM

Aug 2014
We always have to be in count our consequences in life... Until the most poor of them.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 31, 2015 10:12 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode. I cried like a little biatch at the end (and my mom came to my room right in that moment to ask something and it totally startled her,hah...thanks anime).

I am also pretty happy about the fact they addressed the things i found problematic and wrote about them in episode discussion thread before. Onna said exactly what i was thinking. They are dragging whatever "darkness" out of people,it's not natural...because all living things react extremely when forced into corner. And it does not mean they are evil.
Also,as the Misaki lady said...who they are and what gives them the right to be arbiters?
Jan 31, 2015 10:48 AM
Apr 2010
Addressing the questions in the thread: Misaki said 'THOSE' for at least two reasons:
1) In Japanese it is considered impolite to overuse 'I', 'me', 'mine' and so on. So, in this aspect, she was just speaking how she (and the rest of JP society) was taught her whole life and therefore could not have used 'my'.
2). 'THOSE' is used in the following sense - for those of you who know a bit of Japanese, probably already know that Japanese has three dimensional aspects
"kono" + N = this/these - for abstract and physical things that are right next to the speaker, or that are unknown to the topic of conversation and the speaker is presenting them (grammatically, and logically she couldn't have used that).
"sono" +N = that/those - for abstract and physical things that are related to or close to/next to the listener (in this case Yuusuke, Kurokami-no-Onna & Decim) - obviously not suitable.
"ano" + N = that/those - for abstract and physical things that are physically far away or cannot out of vision for both the speaker and listener. Being in Purgatory, I think it is safe to say that the children were far away from them.

I was definitely for her going to Heaven - by the looks of it, her life was already hell - abusive husbands, demanding job and ungrateful children (in the face of the elder ones). I do not approve of what she did to Yuusuke during the game or her attitude to her employee (but the employee killed her, so she's not better), but such an end is unacceptable (unless we find out something more in the next episode - after all Kurokami-no-Onna came into existence, because apparently Decim has begun sucking at his job).

It is not that I dislike Yuusuke, but he was a self-absorbed ungrateful teen, who only played games all day (nothing against gamer community - I quite like you, guys), and did not appreciate the life that was granted to him. On top of that he caused pain to the woman who gave her all for him, despite not being his biological mother AND caused further suffering and shame to his adoptive family by committing suicide. He also admitted he himself had no idea why. And personally, for me, suicide is the easy way out. To quote: "It is easy to die, when you do not want to live; it is much harder to continue living when life seems unbearable." Anyway, I suspect that if things are as they are, the suicidal teen went to Heaven, because in Japanese culture it was considered a noble act in the past.

But personally, I would have made them play at least one more game, before deciding.
Jan 31, 2015 11:44 AM

Jul 2010
Wow. Speechless yet again.
This episode really called into question Decim's judgments. Really, how can he choose the fates of these people? The fates of these people that he, ultimately, doesn't know and care about?

Damn, this anime is incredible.
I had hoped both the kid and the woman would go to heaven (considering how they had both cried into Decim's chest), but I could literally feel the chill running down my spine when I saw the mask of hell above the woman's elevator.
Why? I understand she was a bitch and she made lots of mistakes, but she seemed to really love her children in the end. I suppose maybe her cry to "send me back to those children" was more a selfish plea for her own life, exploiting her kids to evoke sympathy from Decim. On the other hand, the otaku didn't beg Decim - he only regretted himself, from the bottom of his heart, that he didn't love his new mother as he should have.

It's still all so subjective, though.
And that's why it's so amazing. It made me miss the peacefulness of the previous episode. Ahh, I love this show.
Looks like next episode is going to be more "behind-the-scenes" again. I hope it'll be interesting, and maintain its uniqueness.

WhipItGood said:

I have to disagree with you. The guy didn't only want another chance at life - he wanted to grant his own mother's wish, and actually strive to be a proper son. So the argument that you provide for the woman also applies for the dude as well. Reincarnation can't let the woman see her children again, but it also can't let the son grant his stepmother's wish either.
fishergirl16Jan 31, 2015 11:50 AM
Jan 31, 2015 12:29 PM

Nov 2014
I was hoping that they would wake up in the hospital, since they did not have any wounds.

Jan 31, 2015 12:40 PM

Oct 2012
So she did go to hell in the end.

Well, she WAS quite violent to people other than her children, that's for sure. I bet she always regretted that she got pregnant with her first man and that destroyed her life, she always took those children as something of weight. Heck, she even tried to get rich out of her/their family situation, that's epitome of "doesn't care". She also wasn't very caring mother though I think she was just hopeless trying to find the one who would be gentle and nice to her. But she was the type who always attracted bad guys.

We can debate that this her nature was something she copied from her ex-partners but that doesn't change the fact she was really selfish. Both in this episode were guilty of their own death but each in different way. The guy just didn't realize there is someone who cares about him.

It seems there will be another of explanation episode next time with Decim getting yelled at again, so we may get proper explanation of this but it isn't really needed I guess.

By the way - don't forget arbiters only see those memories prior to their arrival to afterlife, they don't see what's going on in their head right while playing the game, so they can only base their judgement on what they see and hear during actual game.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

598 by Xenofight »»
May 19, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.