Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2014 12:49 AM

Apr 2013
Anon1409 said:
AIDS... Couldn't the author come up with anything better? That pretty much ruined the arc for me

Well, technically it's SUPER AIDS. Give the author a little more credit.

dankzelDec 7, 2014 12:54 AM
Dec 7, 2014 1:35 AM
Feb 2012
The thing with the AIDS stuff is that given that this story was written only a few years ago and AID's isn't much of a early death sentence in the Western world any longer (let alone in 2026 when this takes place) I think something else probably would have made more sense disease wise. Regardless it was a good emotional story and adapted well.
Dec 7, 2014 1:36 AM
Mar 2013
Am I the only one that feels like the producers brainstormed a whole bunch of ideas and just threw them together?

We've gone from fighting a killer in a gun MMO, to real-life bonding and remembering tragic past lives, to MMO grinding and item searching, to Asuna's story with this party...

Seriously feels like there's no continuity. These archs are irrelevant to each other and seem to be episode fillers.
Dec 7, 2014 1:42 AM

Dec 2013
If only I wouldn't have been spoiled...

Seriously I wish I could have felt anything, but I didn't.

Though, at the moment I was spoiled, I was really shocked.

I guess I learned my lesson to never go into threads with spoiler tag.
Dec 7, 2014 1:43 AM

Sep 2014
guntrix said:
Am I the only one that feels like the producers brainstormed a whole bunch of ideas and just threw them together?

We've gone from fighting a killer in a gun MMO, to real-life bonding and remembering tragic past lives, to MMO grinding and item searching, to Asuna's story with this party...

Seriously feels like there's no continuity. These archs are irrelevant to each other and seem to be episode fillers.

Each arc showed the impact VR can have on life. The things that happened in the previous arcs carried to the next. Example would be Kirito feeling guilty for killing people in SAO and it followed and haunted him in GGO. Another great example is the Caliber side story. This showed exactly how far the cardinal system can go and foreshadows how advanced AI can get.
Dec 7, 2014 2:36 AM
Jan 2011
Barion-Zara said:
Can people start rating this season up now. It's ridiculous how low it is compared to S1 even though it's way better <_<

I really disliked the GGO saga because it felt extremely shallow, but Mother's Rosario rates among my highest in the entire SAO series. So negative and positive cancel out and i can only give SAO II 8/10 =/

My rating for SAO I followed a similar train of thought XD I love SAO saga, but hated ALO saga...
Dec 7, 2014 2:57 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, the episodes just kept getting better and better. So many feels. Now we know why they're called the Sleeping Knights T__T

This arc definitely hasn't disappointed at all, even with the hype it was getting. Favorite arc of this series.
Dec 7, 2014 2:58 AM
Dec 2014
When Asuna flies to the place where Yuki asked to meet her, a song plays in the background. What song is it?
bluerenDec 7, 2014 3:05 AM
Dec 7, 2014 3:00 AM

May 2013
Such a sad thing to have someone you care for be gone in mere months. That's why they're called the Sleeping Knights huh?

Basically, Yuuki suffers from AIDS so that's some serious business. I just can't bare the thought that she's one of those who have only months left to live. Asuna just shows how she deeply cares for her. I just hope that she'll spend the last days in VRMMO with the whole gang. Oh and how will they get Yuuki to school? Hmmm.
Dec 7, 2014 3:05 AM
Dec 2014
CreamZi said:
Oh and how will they get Yuuki to school? Hmmm.

The camera thingy kirito was testing out perhaps?
Dec 7, 2014 3:11 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Noooooooooo! My beloved Yuuki :'(

Wow, that was unreal. So many feels. "Sleeping Knights," Asuna's determined flight, seeing poor Yuuki so feeble, the AIDS reveal, the Medicuboid being used for terminal care only reveal, wow I don't even...

So sad. I love Yuuki :'(
Dec 7, 2014 3:16 AM
Dec 2014
blueren said:
When Asuna flies to the place where Yuki asked to meet her, a song plays in the background. What song is it?

Uh... Anyone?? Dying to get hold of that song!!
Dec 7, 2014 3:19 AM
Dec 2013
the feels...

Kirito had his name on floor 17 and Asuna was on floor 18
Dec 7, 2014 3:30 AM

Aug 2014
Sleeping Knights
Didn't know the name has such a deep meaning.
Dec 7, 2014 3:50 AM

May 2013
salmon3669 said:
Compare this exerpt to what you just watched:

“Yes. From the moment Yuuki was born, she was forced to fight
the virus to survive..... I’ve always felt that the harmful
words of the parents and teachers in her previous school was the
reason why she became ill.”

ALot more impactful.

You are totally right, they SHOULD HAVE included this in the episode, instead of just, "And she also suffered from prejudice, I'm told." Ugh.

Even still, though.
Good episode. Manly tears of manliness were shed by many men.

No surprises this season so far, and story unpredictability is a big thing for me, so

Barion-Zara said:
Can people start rating this season up now. It's ridiculous how low it is compared to S1 even though it's way better <_<

This is untrue for me. But also,

eien_kiseki said:
I really disliked the GGO saga because it felt extremely shallow

Is untrue for me.

Dec 7, 2014 3:56 AM

Feb 2014
And the feels train continues to roll on through.
Dec 7, 2014 4:26 AM

Feb 2009
Seriously, what the hell? This "arc" is so bad I don't even know how to express it anymore. The writing is so extremely convoluted and the entire setting for it has been so beyond horribly written that I can't take it seriously one bit. None of the new characters have had any kind of development together with Asuna. She's known them for like two days as far as I know and suddenly it's like they grew up together and the world is ending. That's just bullshit. Sure it's sad that poor Yuuki has AIDS and has been stuck in a machine for 3 years, but when it was obvious from the first hint that something was up with that guild that she was either a vegetable or in other ways locked to some kind of life support then the entire reveal of this epsiode dropped flat on it's belly and then wriggled around a bit.

The biggest point to come across here is: Why should we care? Why should Asuna care? I don't know those characters, Asuna sure as hell don't know those characters. There can be no emotional investment without proper development. Why do they keep pouring so much money into this show only to make the animation look Godly and then take a massive dump on the writing. It just made this episode completely unwatchable. And don't get me wrong, the writing has been shit this entire season, but this episode took the fucking cake. Thank God that there are only two more episodes left of this trainwreck of a series and I can only hope that there won't be a third installment.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Dec 7, 2014 4:39 AM

Jul 2007
holy shit so much bait in this thread.
Dec 7, 2014 4:51 AM

Dec 2013
Billzor said:
Seriously, what the hell? This "arc" is so bad I don't even know how to express it anymore. The writing is so extremely convoluted and the entire setting for it has been so beyond horribly written that I can't take it seriously one bit. None of the new characters have had any kind of development together with Asuna. She's known them for like two days as far as I know and suddenly it's like they grew up together and the world is ending. That's just bullshit. Sure it's sad that poor Yuuki has AIDS and has been stuck in a machine for 3 years, but when it was obvious from the first hint that something was up with that guild that she was either a vegetable or in other ways locked to some kind of life support then the entire reveal of this epsiode dropped flat on it's belly and then wriggled around a bit.

The biggest point to come across here is: Why should we care? Why should Asuna care? I don't know those characters, Asuna sure as hell don't know those characters. There can be no emotional investment without proper development. Why do they keep pouring so much money into this show only to make the animation look Godly and then take a massive dump on the writing. It just made this episode completely unwatchable. And don't get me wrong, the writing has been shit this entire season, but this episode took the fucking cake. Thank God that there are only two more episodes left of this trainwreck of a series and I can only hope that there won't be a third installment.

There will be a third season, sadly.

And actually +1.
Dec 7, 2014 5:12 AM

Jan 2010
Sword Key Visual Art Online
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Dec 7, 2014 5:13 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
holy shit so much bait in this thread.
It's a SAO thread, nothing new.
Dec 7, 2014 5:16 AM

Oct 2014
Awesome ep.

Time just flew by.

Really sad ep though, really feel for Yuuki :((. I also thought that yuuki would be Asuna's long lost sister or something like that.

Oh well, sad to see this show end soon. Really hope there will be a s3 :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2014 5:30 AM
Jul 2013
But what's depressing about this episode is that Kawahara Reki is implying that they still will not have found a solution for HIV even in 2026? That's some quality black humour there if you ask me, haha.
Dec 7, 2014 5:32 AM

Jul 2007
YTk said:
But what's depressing about this episode is that Kawahara Reki is implying that they still will not have found a solution for HIV even in 2026? That's some quality black humour there if you ask me, haha.

We are nearing 2020 and we still can't even cure common cold.
Dec 7, 2014 5:43 AM
Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:
YTk said:

We are nearing 2020 and we still can't even cure common cold.

And both AIDS and cancer treatments are reaaaaaaally expensive, farmaceautical companies would lose a bunch of money, so it's kinda unlikely.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 7, 2014 5:51 AM

May 2014
I wonder what Asuna means by "you can still go to school".
Only two more episodes left :'(. I want Season 3 please :D
A happy cliffhanger ending would make it good so they can make season 3. I don't really like cliffhangers sometimes because they can troll you.

Mar 2012
Is it bad that I thought of this during the episode?

Jul 2014
y123y said:
This would have been a better story for Yuki:

Yuki, her parents, and her sister buy that thing for SAO 1 to have fun as a family and enjoy the VR world together. And then all five of them are trapped in the game. Then Yuki sees her family all get taken out, and now she is sad and doesnt want to return to the offline world. A couple of years have passed and Yuki still lives most of the time in the VR world. And then Asuna meets her and saves her.

That wouldn't have made sense since she's supposed to be faster than Kirito. She would have gotten dual wielding then.
[center][/center]
Dec 7, 2014 5:54 AM

Jul 2014
It's unfortunate that AIDS is made fun of so much in western society that people can't even take it seriously. "Really, AIDS?" What the hell is that supposed to even mean?
[center][/center]
Dec 7, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2014
this episode really hit when it hurts the most....

no matter how strong a person is, death will always be the final outcome T_T

this episode is really well adapted

5/5
Dec 7, 2014 6:00 AM

Dec 2009
Nice episode.
Now I undestood better the ending.
Dec 7, 2014 6:16 AM

Sep 2014
Tad bit sad, since Yuuki has AIDS and all other members of the Silent Knights are gonna die soon. But now I'm somewhat bored of the Rosario arc to be honest. :/
Dec 7, 2014 6:17 AM
Apr 2014
vitaxlilium said:
y123y said:
This would have been a better story for Yuki:

Yuki, her parents, and her sister buy that thing for SAO 1 to have fun as a family and enjoy the VR world together. And then all five of them are trapped in the game. Then Yuki sees her family all get taken out, and now she is sad and doesnt want to return to the offline world. A couple of years have passed and Yuki still lives most of the time in the VR world. And then Asuna meets her and saves her.

That wouldn't have made sense since she's supposed to be faster than Kirito. She would have gotten dual wielding then.

That doesn't make any sense because she wouldn't want to be in the ONline world, not the OFFline.

Dec 7, 2014 6:27 AM
Feb 2012
Leviathonlx said:
The thing with the AIDS stuff is that given that this story was written only a few years ago and AID's isn't much of a early death sentence in the Western world any longer (let alone in 2026 when this takes place) I think something else probably would have made more sense disease wise. Regardless it was a good emotional story and adapted well.

Actually... it's not that simple.
Yes, nowadays the usual person infected with HIV can expect to live a more or less decent live if he follows the drug treatment all his life. We can delay the virus development with a cocktail of RTI (reverse transcriptase inhibitors). But, guess what. HIV has a very fast mutation rate , combine a very intense drug treatment and a fast mutation rate and you have a perfect enviroment for natural selection to work. Drug resistance is a very important trouble, and it will be even more important in the future.
So actually, and given the case that in 2026 there's no cure yet, the prognosis of a HIV infected patient may be even worse, just because more strains of the virus will be drug resistant.
Of course, this is being a little pessimistic about what we will do with these 12 years until 2026. But trust me, AIDS is not a solved problem. We can't cure AIDS, we just delay the disease onset with drugs. This is not only applicable to AIDS, quite a lot of infective disease are a very serious problem if the bacteria/virus causing it is drug resistant and doesn't react to the treatment (tuberculosis, for example).
Dec 7, 2014 7:05 AM
Apr 2014
y123y said:
Reyxe said:

That doesn't make any sense because she wouldn't want to be in the ONline world, not the OFFline.

But the thing is that she wouldnt want to return to the offline world since she knows what is awaiting her there. And then Asuna meets her in the offline world, and convinces her to return to the offline world

wat. seriously, wat.

Dec 7, 2014 7:40 AM

Jul 2007
Stop replying to a troll.
Dec 7, 2014 7:59 AM

Jun 2013
Anon1409 said:
AIDS... Couldn't the author come up with anything better? That pretty much ruined the arc for me

What do you even expect from a shit writer anyway?
Dec 7, 2014 8:03 AM

Jul 2008
Khpconan said:
Leviathonlx said:

Actually... it's not that simple.
Yes, nowadays the usual person infected with HIV can expect to live a more or less decent live if he follows the drug treatment all his life. We can delay the virus development with a cocktail of RTI (reverse transcriptase inhibitors). But, guess what. HIV has a very fast mutation rate , combine a very intense drug treatment and a fast mutation rate and you have a perfect enviroment for natural selection to work. Drug resistance is a very important trouble, and it will be even more important in the future.
So actually, and given the case that in 2026 there's no cure yet, the prognosis of a HIV infected patient may be even worse, just because more strains of the virus will be drug resistant.
Of course, this is being a little pessimistic about what we will do with these 12 years until 2026. But trust me, AIDS is not a solved problem. We can't cure AIDS, we just delay the disease onset with drugs. This is not only applicable to AIDS, quite a lot of infective disease are a very serious problem if the bacteria/virus causing it is drug resistant and doesn't react to the treatment (tuberculosis, for example).

They also stated that it was a drug resistant variant so medicine can't buy her much time.
Dec 7, 2014 8:09 AM

Oct 2012
Yuuki's situation feels pretty contrived and hard to believe. The chances of someone in Japan contracting HIV from a blood transfusion in 2011 are extremely slim. Add to that she has a twin sister who died and her parents died as well, it feels like its trying way too hard.
Dec 7, 2014 8:13 AM

Jul 2007
Feaor said:
Yuuki's situation feels pretty contrived and hard to believe. The chances of someone in Japan contracting HIV from a blood transfusion in 2011 are extremely slim. Add to that she has a twin sister who died and her parents died as well, it feels like its trying way too hard.

Her mother contracted the disease and it spread to the entire family because it was diagnosed only few months latter.

And as was said before - getting hiv from blood transfusion is no more rare than getting stuck in a virtual reality game that suddenly turns into a death game or being forced to kill a person in self defense.

Statistics do not change the fact that shit happens.
Dec 7, 2014 8:30 AM
Jun 2012
I know how i feel but i dont know how to explain it.. Ohh i know SUCK SUCKS SUCKER EVEN MORE SUCK ... thats covers all SOA II series WTF are you doing GGO not that bad afterall cause i see this fucking filler chapters they cant find anything to screen... My all expectations going to garbage now.. TY for SUCK series.. I just w8ing last episode maybe tiny hope they show someting i want i doubt that but u know how is hope works..
Dec 7, 2014 8:43 AM

Nov 2014
ACIMASIZ said:
I know how i feel but i dont know how to explain it.. Ohh i know SUCK SUCKS SUCKER EVEN MORE SUCK ... thats covers all SOA II series WTF are you doing GGO not that bad afterall cause i see this fucking filler chapters they cant find anything to screen... My all expectations going to garbage now.. TY for SUCK series.. I just w8ing last episode maybe tiny hope they show someting i want i doubt that but u know how is hope works..

.........whut?
Dec 7, 2014 8:45 AM

Jan 2008
llcruz said:
With all the people saying this will have feels, I was getting pretty hyped to see what all the feels were about.
After finishing the episode I'm a bit disappointed. Yeah, it was sad but not really that much or maybe I was just expecting something like Clannad (which is impossible).

^Pretty much how I felt. Or something like Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. That was a real tearjerker.

Damn, why did it have to be Terminal?
Dec 7, 2014 8:47 AM

May 2014
Ah, AIDS, the go-to dramatic disease for appealing to emotions. If you aren't the type to easily get "the feels," this will feel way too forced.
Dec 7, 2014 9:09 AM

Apr 2014
Best episode of this season, and maybe in the whole SAO anime adaptation. I loved it, especially the dialogue between the doctor and Asuna.
Dec 7, 2014 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Ah, AIDS, the go-to dramatic disease for appealing to emotions. If you aren't the type to easily get "the feels," this will feel way too forced.

I felt the anime left a blander taste of the feels I actually felt while reading LN. But hey your opinion is not wrong.
Dec 7, 2014 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
An amazing episode!! T^T
Dec 7, 2014 9:36 AM

Apr 2013
I knew it. I knew what was happening to Yukki. I knew from the very beginning but still i wasn't ready for the feels. I couldn't hold my eyes from tearing and was crying pretty much. Such a sad episode but so good. IMO this was the best episode in the whole SAO series. So many feels! The truth is now revealed not just for Yukki but for Sleeping Knights in general. This was so dramatic. I'm right tp call this mini arc the best arc in the whole SAO.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Dec 7, 2014 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
Barion-Zara said:

Well because of one good ar c you can't judge the whole anime. GGO was by far the worst arc for me. If I was to raise it's rating would be an 8.1 you can't just raise it's rating because of frw good episodes when the rest of the season was crappy.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Dec 7, 2014 9:41 AM

May 2012
Very good and emotional episode

Shit Horizon producers need to learn some lessons from SAO
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by ejleon »»
May 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.