Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 16, 2014 11:24 PM

Jun 2013
Keten said:

Hmm.. if that's how you look at it I guess that's your choice. I really didn't see it being done in a mean spirited way though. It's not telling you to not eat meat, Migi was basically using logic and facts to point out that Shinichi is wrong for calling parasites demons. It's more about the human perspective rather than insulting humans themselves.

I probably wouldn't have even given it a second thought if not for the next scene having the MC preach about how animals are living things just like us so don't harm them. That's when it really clued me in.
Oct 16, 2014 11:26 PM

Dec 2013
naki12 said:
Rock-catching and glaring scene was so EPIC! Almost cried T^T
i coudn't hold back my tears, dat Based Madhouse animation ;-;
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 16, 2014 11:30 PM

Sep 2013
ex_necross said:
Keten said:

Hmm.. if that's how you look at it I guess that's your choice. I really didn't see it being done in a mean spirited way though. It's not telling you to not eat meat, Migi was basically using logic and facts to point out that Shinichi is wrong for calling parasites demons. It's more about the human perspective rather than insulting humans themselves.

I probably wouldn't have even given it a second thought if not for the next scene having the MC preach about how animals are living things just like us so don't harm them. That's when it really clued me in.

No, I will give you that... someone brought it up earlier and I never really thought about it before but ya, that scene was... however badass and showed character growth.. kind of.. weird and unnatural in terms of realism...? Idunno, it painted those teenagers as kinda.. TOO awful... maybe it's cultural differences but Idunno, I think that's the first time the modernizing made it a bit jarring... maybe a couple decades ago something like that was more common but this day in age no one would ever do something like that.

I forgive it.. a bit.. because it did showcase some character growth and foreshadowing but ya, still weird and still hard to accept.

However, I think perhaps that was just a coincidence, trust me when I say the show doesn't really preach ANTI-MEAT EATERS. Well okay, you don't have to trust me but I do hope no more of this sort of stuff does happen, otherwise it might make me look to the manga again... not saying it isn't preachy just... I don't remember it being preachy.. in 'this' way... lol
Oct 16, 2014 11:30 PM
Aug 2010
ex_necross said:
Keten said:

Migi didn't shame meat eaters, he doesn't shame anyone, he lacks empathy and guilt, he would get no pleasure out of that. Is the SHOW insulting meat eaters? No, it's just bringing up a simple question. Would we have the right to call a species demons if they showed up all of a sudden and began eating us? What makes us better than the parasites?

No, of course Migi didn't. I meant the show itself. Maybe all those crazy libs on the internet are getting to my head, but when I hear a show keep talking about how people kill animals for consumption in this manner, I definitely get the feeling of a vegetarian telling me how I shouldn't eat what I do.

What's up with the demons and eating living beings comparison anyway? Demons aren't known for what they eat. Demons are known for trickery, lust, greed, temptation, persuasion, and hatred... but not what they eat. Most people couldn't even tell you what a demon eats, or if they even eat at all. It's just pretty sketchy. I definitely do see blatant agenda pushing though.

If you pull up some quotes or scenes then I would be more inclined to understand your point, but I don't see the "message". As an extension on Keten's word, the show itself doesn't seem to be portraying such a message; it's theme is precisely the values that Migi presents, a classic example of philosophically imagining a perspective beyond what one is actually capable of doing. I think the demon part is just a metaphorical comparison, it's not literal demons but just represents what we, as humans, would think supersedes/oppresses us, it would the same as calling others "monsters", which is often used in subjective context.
Oct 17, 2014 12:20 AM

May 2012
04:33 u jelly

08:17 LOOOOOL

7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 17, 2014 12:34 AM

Jul 2014
ex_necross said:
I can't fucking believe it. They went full PETA on us. There were multiple instances where they shamed people for eating meat and referred to people who do as "demons", then later they go on about how "animals are alive just like us!".

I can't fucking believe they put this propaganda in here. I don't care if it was in the manga or not. Going to reconsider finishing this, and definitely will not if this is a reoccurring theme.

Nah, the series doesn't show it well, but it's more about lack of compassion and pragmatism. Migi is supposed to be very insect-like, doing only what suits it. It is a broader and more interesting topic than just eating habits.
Dunno though if Madhouse will be able to pull it off.

Generally speaking, while it sure is another story about puberty, it focuses on the process of growing up and taking responsibility, not only sex.
Oct 17, 2014 4:04 AM
Mar 2011
huntx said:
That dick hand

The Golden Boy has something like this too.
Oct 17, 2014 4:27 AM

Jan 2008
Damn, the OST is good. LOL, bathroom scene cracked me up. Seems like Murano is already infected...and probably in the brain? I'm curious with her case now. She asked Shinichi twice to confirm if he is who he is.
Oct 17, 2014 4:51 AM

Aug 2008
Waiting for the dickhand memetic mutation. :D
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Oct 17, 2014 5:45 AM

May 2014
DAT DICK HAND

Really funny towards the first half, and a pretty badass scene with Shinichi saving that cat.

5/5
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Oct 17, 2014 6:08 AM

May 2010
Awesome scenes were awesome!I also laughed a lot in this one :D
Lets hope for more fighting in the coming episodes but overall great!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2014 6:14 AM

Sep 2008
hikikomogomo said:
Alpha_Norwegium said:
Does anyone know who is working on the soundtrack for this? I'm really enjoying it so far, especially the ones used in this episode when Migi minced the other parasite, and the one during the cat in the sandbox scene.
Ken Arai is the person who is in charge of the series' music/OST. You can look him up :)

Oh, thanks! Can't wait for the soundtrack to be released.
Oct 17, 2014 7:35 AM

Jul 2012
Parasyte does it again. I absolutely loved the scene with the other host and Migi. Gotta say, usually, I expect more animes of a season to suck after the first episode, but this season seems to have a bunch of solid shows from Parasyte to Amagi and Grisaia. Really looking forward to how they adapt the rest of the story and where the plot goes (if they can keep the penis hand, they can pretty much do anything in this)
Oct 17, 2014 8:51 AM
Jun 2013
That romance really came out of nowhere.
Oct 17, 2014 12:51 PM

Apr 2013
I'm really digging this show, but did it really need dubstep? Regardless of how I feel about that genre of music, I can't help but feel that it's tremendously out of place here.
Oct 17, 2014 1:01 PM

May 2014
actually it’s pretty good i really enjoyed it better than the first episode :) that dick hand though :3
Oct 17, 2014 2:20 PM

Feb 2008
Migi is a rather humorous parasite indeed. If I were an alien, I would also be interested in human mating behaviour...
Oct 17, 2014 2:21 PM

Dec 2013
nul said:
That romance really came out of nowhere.
Did u skip the opening?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 17, 2014 2:30 PM

Mar 2013
This anime keep get better and better
from any place u looking at it comedy,action,
horror, Psychological.......
Love the OP/ED and fighting Themes.

so many bullies though :)
Oct 17, 2014 4:20 PM

Sep 2008
Lieila said:
Damn, the OST is good. LOL, bathroom scene cracked me up. Seems like Murano is already infected...and probably in the brain? I'm curious with her case now. She asked Shinichi twice to confirm if he is who he is.

That would be weird... cuz Migi can feel the presence and distance to others of his species
i would imagine that she's only asking because she is seeing some change in him.. and they hinted that a few times
like him taking that spider out and reacting like he didnt even realise what he did when he used to be scared of it.... and rapidly changing from regular school guy to superhuman agility and confidence
and that "Want me to eat you" glare... gives me the impression of "oops it may be just the hand but its infecting your brainz anyway"
i havent started reading the manga so i can only guess // lets see what happens
~_~ !
Oct 17, 2014 4:31 PM
Jul 2014
I really want to know the song on the Rock-catching scene. Can someone tell me ?
Oct 17, 2014 6:32 PM

Feb 2010
Saving anime one dickhand at a time!
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 17, 2014 7:46 PM

Oct 2013
LOL
why are you talking to ur penis
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 17, 2014 11:39 PM

Aug 2014
Really like it. This show is far more interesting than I expected.
Oct 18, 2014 1:50 AM

Sep 2014
Okay, what does that girl know. Twice she realized something isn't right about him. Is she one of them? Like a queen? Does she also have a part of her body that isn't hers.....like the boob Migi grabbed? That would be one hell of a thing to see. A talking boob.
Oct 18, 2014 6:36 AM
Jul 2013
I'm genuinely impressed that Madhouse pulled off the penis hand part hahah I thought for sure that they wouldn't include that in! Very nicee
Oct 18, 2014 8:06 AM
Oct 2014
People that bitch about the dubstep..lmao, they need to listen carefully it's not just dubstep, hear the track carefully.
Oct 18, 2014 8:35 AM
Jul 2012
That penis hand tho~~ ;)
Loving the OST~~ so much dubstep whats not to like~
ep 2 n im giving 9/10~
Oct 18, 2014 10:25 AM

Oct 2014
I don't think that I've noticed the dubstep even once in this show. Is it really that bad?

Pretty good episode over all. There were certainly some weird moments in there. I can only imagine how awkward it must have been for the other guy in the bathroom. Haha
Oct 18, 2014 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
The dubstep is awesome :O no taste mal-ers :(

Do you want me to eat you? :O is Migi slowly taking over Shinichi?

That parasite is mating with another parasite at the end :O wonderhow their baby will turn out :)
Oct 18, 2014 12:23 PM

Jul 2009
LOL
The first half was kinda funny with Migi all into the mating thing lol and trying to make Shinichi excited
Oct 18, 2014 1:08 PM

Mar 2014
That D hand was epic.

The OST is great so far. This anime is showing potential.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Oct 18, 2014 2:15 PM

Dec 2007
Unknown50 said:
People that bitch about the dubstep..lmao, they need to listen carefully it's not just dubstep, hear the track carefully.

Calling it by a different name won't make it better.
Oct 18, 2014 2:36 PM
Jan 2012
I didn't really like this one as much as the first one, maybe because the hype is gone now..
Anyhow I'm a bit skeptical on the way they are adapting this.. there are A LOT of changes, they are minor so far but it makes me worried about what will come later on, I would prefer it if they didn't change the setting to present time. But it's still great and I'm looking forward to more of it.
Oct 18, 2014 7:00 PM

Jun 2008
Vexper said:
insan3priest said:

Let's be honest, that is probably what most people would do.

Let's be honest, the situation itself was ridiculous. Doing that when the park entrance is literally 10 seconds away? Three teenagers without bikes or any quick means of escape? You must live in some pretty ghetto neighborhood if you think the natural reaction for most people would be to simply ignore it and walk off. If they weren't physically able to intervene they'd at least call local authorities or simply knock on some doors in the surrounding area. Not simply 'Let's fucking walk off'.

WOW! Where did you grew? In the palace of Buckingham?
Oct 18, 2014 7:14 PM

Feb 2013
Like I said last time... wouldn't be using my right hand to aim anymore...
Oct 19, 2014 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
Mann that was absolutely awesome! You go Migi...so freaking BA. and Shinichi was SO PERFECT in that last scene!

I need to read this manga.
Oct 19, 2014 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
Lmao first two eps of this were hilarious, funniest anime of the year
Oct 19, 2014 10:03 AM

Mar 2012
Doing a great job so far Madhouse, keep up the good work :)
Oct 19, 2014 11:16 AM

Feb 2012
Amazing as usual, really forcing myself not to read the manga until its finishes airing.
5/5
Oct 19, 2014 3:17 PM

May 2014
This is so far a very good anime. I like the dialogue between Shinichi and Migi. Its rather entertaining.
Oct 19, 2014 8:43 PM

Dec 2008
In my opinion this episode was better than the first one. The comedy, slice of life (Living with a talking hand) action, soundtrack (dubstep) were all top notch. LOL at the bathroom scene when Migi started stroking! xD
Oct 20, 2014 1:14 AM

Oct 2009
Fredo_p said:
Okay, what does that girl know. Twice she realized something isn't right about him. Is she one of them? Like a queen? Does she also have a part of her body that isn't hers.....like the boob Migi grabbed? That would be one hell of a thing to see. A talking boob.

If she was also infected , Migi would've noticed it.
Gib [img] plz
Oct 20, 2014 1:36 AM

Oct 2014
This anime is weird as fuck but enjoyable :D

Can't wait to find out more about that couple at the end of the episode, seems like an interesting story (yeah, haven't read the manga).

Was it just me or was Shinichi not always his usual self? He had these moments when it felt as if Migi spoke through his mouth, which is most likely not possible since Migi did not gain control over his brain - and that just confuses me a little.
Oct 20, 2014 1:37 AM

Oct 2014
Fredo_p said:

Talking boob XD omg I can't even...
Oct 20, 2014 7:33 AM

May 2014
that ending sucked. typical to have that ending in most anime, so i won't whine. But yeah, have to agree it were a good ep. especially the end. glad that there is censorship in this anime at all.
Oct 20, 2014 9:39 AM
Jun 2014
DAT DUBSTEP
Oct 21, 2014 7:41 PM

Jul 2012
I don't love this show yet, but I'm very eager to see what happens next.

Also, I'm surprised how this show manages to put so many different moods while still feeling true.
Oct 22, 2014 3:09 PM

Jan 2010
I don't wether to be relieved or disappointed that no penis was shown in the final scene
Oct 22, 2014 10:11 PM

Mar 2014
I laughed out loud during the bathroom scene :D
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

310 by JamesYukiNoriaki »»
Yesterday, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

660 by NuCleus343 »»
Sep 17, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2014

422 by rrel »»
Sep 11, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

311 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 6, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

640 by Flamestriker101 »»
Aug 25, 11:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.