Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you really wanted to like but didn't?

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2014 6:04 PM
Sep 2014
XxCorpsePartyxX said:
I second Lucky Star lol , its soo boring

Not a good anime i can say
Nov 25, 2014 6:09 PM

Feb 2013
Ergo Proxy seemed like it would be cool, but it devolved into nonsensical drivel. Shame since I normally love most hipstershit 2deep4u titles
Nov 25, 2014 6:12 PM

Feb 2014
Evangelion

I love the fanart, and the doujins are awesome. I had been "familiarizing" myself with the characters for over a year. Unfortunately, I didn't like the anime.

There are a few others, but according to the title eva fits most.
Nov 25, 2014 6:26 PM

Oct 2012
Lancehot said:
Feaor said:

This seems like bait because for starters Kiseijuu was serialized in a monthly seinen magazine so by definition its not a shounen. Its certainly not a power fantasy since one of the main themes of the series is Body horror, there is no way in hell I'd want to be in Shinichi's position. Also he's hardly whiny, especially in the last few episodes.

It's not bait. I just don't much care for the show is all. I meant shonen power fantasy in the sense that it's about a nothing special teenage boy who suddenly finds he has a magic power (in the form of Migi) & we follow him on his journey to come to terms with & unlock the full potential of said magic power while also going through teenage issues like girls, grades & his mum being eaten.

Fair enough, after having watched the last 3 episodes of the series I personally think its the best show this season except maybe Mushishi which I can't comment on since I haven't watched the previous seasons.
Nov 25, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2014
I really, really, really wanted to like 5 cm per second, but it was a massive letdown for me. I mean, the premise was good, the setup was okay, but it felt like the first part was the only good part. It felt really rushed and incoherent for me to feel anything by the end. I honestly felt that the premise was good, if they had made more episodes and developed the characters better it would have been easily a well made series.
Nov 25, 2014 6:27 PM

Jul 2012
hentai_eucli said:
Evangelion

I love the fanart, and the doujins are awesome. I had been "familiarizing" myself with the characters for over a year. Unfortunately, I didn't like the anime.

There are a few others, but according to the title eva fits most.

Same o_o I like the Eva fanart/fanfics/merchindaise/whatnot and I like seeing how it influenced the industry but I don't really like the anime that much.
Nov 25, 2014 6:28 PM

Aug 2008
Why would you force yourself to like an anime. You like an anime naturally not making yourself like it.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 25, 2014 6:38 PM

Apr 2013
Tokyo Ghoul
Mushishi
Clannad
Haruhi
Nov 25, 2014 6:39 PM

Dec 2008
Fruits Basket. All my friends were like, "You're the queen of shoujo, how can you not like this?" and I felt guilty for not liking it for the longest time.

I just thought the characters were so dramatic to the point of unbearable. I just couldn't enjoy it despite how I bought 14 volumes of the manga and the entire TV series trying to convince myself that I actually liked it. Oh well.

Strawberry Panic is another one I couldn't find myself enjoying. I just found it ungodly boring to the point I started watching the episodes at x3 speed with the anxiousness that the episode I was watching wasn't over yet. So then I realized, "I'm not enjoying this and I'm not truly watching this if I'm watching it at x3 speed just to say I've seen it. Fuck it."
Nov 25, 2014 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
Tried to like Non non Biyori.

Didn't happen
Nov 25, 2014 7:00 PM

Oct 2012
I love/like nearly all the most popular/most acclaimed anime. There are only three exceptions: FSN (2006), To Aru Majutsu no Index (liked Railgun though), and.....Darker than Black. I'm sorry. I just can't get into Darker than Black at all. Watched it thrice (in different years), and my opinion hasn't changed. The Gaiden chapter is excellent though.
Nov 25, 2014 7:04 PM

Aug 2013
Little Busters -brings boring to a whole new level

mayukachan said:
Celestrial2 said:
ZnT

Funny thing is this acronym refers to three different shows

Zankyou no Terror could have been something special but Five ruined it.
Never has expectations for Zero no Tsukaima...
Zetsuen no Tempest... well i actually liked it
MasterDetectiveNov 25, 2014 7:15 PM
Nov 25, 2014 7:09 PM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:

Same o_o I like the Eva fanart/fanfics/merchindaise/whatnot and I like seeing how it influenced the industry but I don't really like the anime that much.

I still have hopes for the movies though.
Nov 25, 2014 7:09 PM

Jun 2014
Kill La Kill..
Nov 25, 2014 7:11 PM

Dec 2013
Mahouka, the infodumps were just too strong, and 'Onii-sama'
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 25, 2014 8:14 PM

Jan 2012
Also Mahouka for me. While aren't too bad to begin with but I was massively disappointed with it. I don't like its premise, style, characters(save it for Tatsuya and Miyuki), etc. It had excellent production values but unfortunately all of that went to drain pretty quick. Ironically what I liked the most which also happen to be its weakest feature, Tatsuya-Miyuki relationship which is unique and not going to be featured in other shows anytime soon except perhaps incest/siscon ones.

I gave it "5" just because my own rating system didn't allow me to score it higher or lower than that.
---
Nov 25, 2014 8:20 PM
May 2007
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children
Gundam SEED Destiny
Nov 25, 2014 8:22 PM

Jun 2014
Mushishi & Code Geass
Nov 25, 2014 8:29 PM

Dec 2013
Kiss x Sis

I heard so many good things about this anime, but it was so boring I couldn't finish the first episode.
Nov 25, 2014 8:31 PM
Apr 2013
FMAB
noragami
soul eater
Nov 25, 2014 8:32 PM

Jun 2014
Guilty crown. I liked it, but I wanted to love it. It's just a bunch of crap rolled together, and polished to the max. It's a polished turd.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Nov 25, 2014 8:34 PM

Jan 2008
Mekaku City Actor recently came to mind since I re-watched a few music videos for Kagerou Days. Disappointment from the anime runs through my mind while watching them.
Nov 25, 2014 9:06 PM

Feb 2011
Hyouka. Really rubbed me the wrong way for some reason.
Nov 25, 2014 9:07 PM

Nov 2011
Zankyou no Terror was doing fairly well at first; I was hoping it would get a lot better rather than a lot worse, but eh. Things don't always work out that way.
Nov 25, 2014 9:17 PM

Oct 2012
Jackbnguy said:
Bakemonogatari - I couldn't stand the constant screen changes and didn't understand the point of the dialogue half the time.

Most of the time there isn't a point to the dialog other than being witty, basically all of conversations between Senjougahara and Araragi are mental fencing and its really a love it or hate it thing in my experience. Also there pretty much is no real plot, its basically just a character study, focusing on the characters and how they interact with each other.
Nov 25, 2014 9:21 PM
Feb 2013
Sword Art Online (season 1), Bakemonogatari (I think that's how you spell it), and Haruhi
Nov 25, 2014 9:37 PM

May 2013
Feaor said:
Jackbnguy said:
Bakemonogatari - I couldn't stand the constant screen changes and didn't understand the point of the dialogue half the time.

Most of the time there isn't a point to the dialog other than being witty, basically all of conversations between Senjougahara and Araragi are mental fencing and its really a love it or hate it thing in my experience. Also there pretty much is no real plot, its basically just a character study, focusing on the characters and how they interact with each other.

Yeah, i was about to say there's usually no point to dialogue than to give us ideas and the viewpoints of characters. And character interactions are like 75% of Bake so if you didn't like the characters, you won't like a large majority of it.
"A samurai doesn't need a reason to take action. If something needs saving, all you have to do is grab your sword"-Sakata Gintoki
Nov 26, 2014 12:03 AM

Feb 2013
Aldnoah Zero-Urobuchi+Sawano sounded like a must watch...It ended up being a dissapointment

Black Bullet-The Premise sounded like it would some awesome Action or/and Survival,but they somehow screwed with lolicon nonsense and all that (They even had Shiro Sagisu for god's sake)

Gundam G No Reconguista-I was pretty psyched for a new Tomino Gundam (unfortunately it was the wrong Tomino)

Devil May Cry-I'm a huge fan of the Video Games,but the Anime was just pretty boring

There's another one but i'd rather not mention it in fear of turning the thread into a religious battlefield (Hehe......Get it)
Nov 26, 2014 12:04 AM

Oct 2008
Mushishi is also up there for me on series I thought I would love but didnt really turn out that way.

Great visuals,atmosphere and stories (well most of the time,not always) but being completely episodic really takes a tole on your after a while.The whole start of conflict and resolution all withing the same episode,in every episodes, just doesn't work for me.
I don't remember very well but I don't recall if there were any of its stories that were split into 2 episodes.
Nov 26, 2014 12:07 AM

Nov 2014
Almost all mecha anime in general. I know some of them are good, but I can't bring myself to watch it.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 26, 2014 12:17 AM

Sep 2014
Golden Time. I wanted to like, I swear. But honestly, it just got SO mundane after the initial few eps, that I couldn't really enjoy it one bit. And then there was that ''ending''. :|
Nov 26, 2014 12:22 AM

Nov 2014
Harrymanhunter said:
Golden Time. I wanted to like, I swear. But honestly, it just got SO mundane after the initial few eps, that I couldn't really enjoy it one bit. And then there was that ''ending''. :|

Yeah the drama wasn't exactly the best.

Oh and Koko is creepy.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 26, 2014 12:25 AM

Sep 2014
BurningSpirit said:
Harrymanhunter said:

Yeah the drama wasn't exactly the best.

Oh and Koko is creepy.
That was one of the things I hated, yes. But there were others too. And Kaga as a character was so bad. I got pissed off every time I saw her, lol.
Nov 26, 2014 12:28 AM
Mar 2014
Considering the popularity of Cowboy Bebop, I had thought that it would have to be the greatest thing ever (in other words, that I was really going to like it), but then again, that might as well be the reason I was so disappointed in it. Aside from a few exceptional episodes, it was really not my cup of tea and I was bored for the most part.
Nov 26, 2014 12:30 AM
Jul 2014
Golden Time and Sakurasou.
Nov 26, 2014 12:32 AM

Feb 2014
HTT_John said:
Considering the popularity of Cowboy Bebop, I had thought that it would have to be the greatest thing ever (in other words, that I was really going to like it), but then again, that might as well be the reason I was so disappointed in it. Aside from a few exceptional episodes, it was really not my cup of tea and I was bored for the most part.

I think the reason why its so popular, is probably nostalgia.
Most of the people I have spoken with that love it, used to watch it as kids.

I don't really know though.

Sep 2014
HTT_John said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy Bebop as much as others have. I was bored half of the damn show. It actually took me a month to finish it lol.

Nov 2014
Harrymanhunter said:
That was one of the things I hated, yes. But there were others too. And Kaga as a character was so bad. I got pissed off every time I saw her, lol.

Koko was pretty much a bitch. She acted needy and everything, then randomly threw her tantrums on Banri whenever she liked.

The more interesting couples were oddly the side characters, they seemed like more decent people honestly.

My MAL Interview
Nov 26, 2014 12:34 AM

Sep 2014
BurningSpirit said:
Harrymanhunter said:

Koko was pretty much a bitch. She acted needy and everything, then randomly threw her tantrums on Banri whenever she liked.

The more interesting couples were oddly the side characters, they seemed like more decent people honestly.
I know, right? Hell, the side characters didn't even get much development apart from a few episodes, which really pissed me off. :/
Nov 26, 2014 12:36 AM

Nov 2014
HTT_John said:

Yeah, I've been meaning to try it sometime though. People speak of it as like some godly show. Doesn't look particularly good to put anywhere high on my priority list (the whole sci-fi, adventure, space and action thing isn't for me either)

My MAL Interview
Nov 26, 2014 12:38 AM

Sep 2014
BurningSpirit said:
HTT_John said:

Yeah, I've been meaning to try it sometime though. People speak of it as like some godly show. Doesn't look particularly good to put anywhere high on my priority list (the whole sci-fi, adventure, space and action thing isn't for me either)
Hmm then you most likely won't enjoy it.
Nov 26, 2014 12:40 AM

Nov 2014
Harrymanhunter said:
I know, right? Hell, the side characters didn't even get much development apart from a few episodes, which really pissed me off. :/

I watched all of it though. I feel so damn sorry for Banri that he had to deal with such shit in his life. The happy ending didn't even make sense either. Considering Koko's shitty personality, she'll totally just pull some shit of Banri right a week after that

My MAL Interview
Nov 26, 2014 12:42 AM

Sep 2014
BurningSpirit said:
Harrymanhunter said:

I watched all of it though. I feel so damn sorry for Banri that he had to deal with such shit in his life. The happy ending didn't even make sense either. Considering Koko's shitty personality, she'll totally just pull some shit of Banri right a week after that
Exactly what I feel! Man, talking about Golden Time again is reopening old wounds, it hurts. ;-;
DAMN YOU KOKO AND YOUR LACK OF LIKEABILITY!
Nov 26, 2014 12:46 AM

Dec 2013
Sakurasou - really disliked the characters. It was a good series but I just didn't enjoy it.
Another - even though it was horror and thriller i just found it really boring and pretty hard to follow. Nice art though.
Darker than Black - maybe it was because I watched it over a period over two-three months and although it did possess great action, I just didn't like the ending.
Hataraku Maou Sama - the first few episodes were hilarious and great but I was uninterested later on. Chiho and Emi were both annoying.
Hellsing Ultimate - I just didn't enjoy it that much ?
Akame Ga Kill - I had really high expectations for it but I dislike how they try to make everything really cool and dark. I don't like the characters also.
Nov 26, 2014 12:46 AM

Nov 2014
Harrymanhunter said:
BurningSpirit said:

I never really understood anime with fantasy setting and action. Characters is those shows tend to be worried about stuff like intergalactic wars or bounty hunting for money, which I can't really relate to. I'll still give it a try.... someday when I don't have any anime on my backlog... haha fk that'll never happen

My MAL Interview
Nov 26, 2014 12:47 AM

Sep 2014
BurningSpirit said:
Harrymanhunter said:

I never really understood anime with fantasy setting and action. Characters is those shows tend to be worried about stuff like intergalactic wars or bounty hunting for money, which I can't really relate to. I'll still give it a try.... someday when I don't have any anime on my backlog... haha fk that'll never happen
Hehe. True that. :P
Nov 26, 2014 12:48 AM

Sep 2014
hhitagi said:
Sakurasou - really disliked the characters. It was a good series but I just didn't enjoy it.
Another - even though it was horror and thriller i just found it really boring and pretty hard to follow. Nice art though.
Darker than Black - maybe it was because I watched it over a period over two-three months and although it did possess great action, I just didn't like the ending.
Hataraku Maou Sama - the first few episodes were hilarious and great but I was uninterested later on. Chiho and Emi were both annoying.
Hellsing Ultimate - I just didn't enjoy it that much ?
Akame Ga Kill - I had really high expectations for it but I dislike how they try to make everything really cool and dark. I don't like the characters also.
People were saying Maou Sama was really funny. But I didn't find it funny at all. Infact, I didn't even chuckle a bit. It was a disappointment too. The only thing I actually somewhat liked was the action scenes.
Nov 26, 2014 12:56 AM

Nov 2014
Oh right! Highschool DxD. Blatant fanservice. Can't stand overly exaggerated boobs either. Big is fine, average is fine and small is the best (I swear I'm not a lolicon T.T ).

Oh not to mention most are the characters there are just for more pairs of tits onscreen. I mean try naming 3 personality differences between Rias and Akeno. They are just the same person split into two girls just to have 4 giant tits onscreen instead of 2.
BurningSpiritNov 26, 2014 12:59 AM

My MAL Interview
Nov 26, 2014 1:02 AM

Sep 2014
BurningSpirit said:
Oh right! Highschool DxD. Blatant fanservice. Can't stand overly exaggerated boobs either. Big is fine, average is fine and small is the best (I swear I'm not a lolicon T.T ).

Oh not to mention most are the characters there are just for more pairs of tits onscreen. I mean try naming 3 personality differences between Rias and Akeno. They are just the same person split into two girls just to have 4 giant tits onscreen instead of 2.
I didn't like it that much either. Then again, I don't like ecchi in general. :P
Nov 26, 2014 1:07 AM
Mar 2014
BurningSpirit said:

I'm not much of a sci-fi/space fan either, but that wasn't really a problem. Cowboy Bebop actually manages to deal with the futuristic setting fairly well, and this comes from someone who hasn't even watched Star Wars. My main issue with it was the fact that it does not have a plot. And don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with episodic series in general, as long as they have a storyline (really, even the most generic goal can serve its purpose) or find another way of making you feel like there's progression (through character development, for example), I can enjoy them. But that's exactly why I didn't like it, it felt like I could've watched one random episode and knew exactly as much about the characters and the non-existent plot as I knew all along. Granted, that's a very subjective impression and technically not true, you find out about the casts background eventually, but a lot of other series have done that whilst still telling a fairly decent story, so I ultimately fail to see why people treat it as something so much better than everything else. If you're going into it with a neutral mindset, you're definitely better off, I suppose.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Secondary characters

JoeChip - 47 minutes ago

6 by kurayamiberkay »»
15 minutes ago

» What are considered 'the best anime clothes'?

SgtBateMan - 1 hour ago

5 by Spunkert »»
40 minutes ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre? ( 1 2 )

Semester1 - Yesterday

54 by NaTsu879 »»
41 minutes ago

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - Yesterday

34 by iirayuki »»
41 minutes ago

» What is your "Unlikeliest" Anime

Ratris_Decision - May 27

12 by Shirayukin »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.