Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 16, 2017 11:01 AM

Sep 2015
Well it all worked out. Xing-ke and Zero are buddies now, the Chinese Federation and United States of Japan allies. The solution felt a little pulled out of thin air. Simply because they took the time to show us how hopeless the situation was. Lelouch is agonizing over his next move. He even tells C.C. to run if things go bad. Which was a really sweet scene, one of many lately showing what a big softie Lelouch has become. But then he had the double trump card of provoking a rebellion against the Eunuchs, and having like the biggest best mech in the whole world hidden away to pull out at the last moment. And plus that's not a particularly inspiring strategic solution. Just reveal you have a bigger badder robot that can completely nullify their attacks.

I'm sure the Britannians are mad about this one, but they also have Kallen. Exactly where I didn't want this to go. Now we have to drag out the prisoner Kallen sub plot. But they lost here, I liked the parallel between Schneizel's decision to withdraw and his chess stalemate with Lelouch earlier. That was a really cool turn, "I wonder what the Emperor would have done." And one of the Knights of Rounds got seriously damaged too. It's too bad they didn't capture her, could have just made a trade.

The end of this episode was where it really shined for me. Sure Xing-ke and the Empress kind of have a loliscum relationship. But it's handled very tastefully and is kind of sweet. I liked the big decision that Zero had to make too. He only paused at breaking up the marriage because C.C. disagreed. And then Shirley helped him decide. Like actually helped him not obligatorily or in a half assed way. Good stuff, you made the right call Zero. Pleased the Black Knights too. Now we just have to wait and see how the rebellion pans out. Seems like Lelouch is headed back to Ashford for now.
May 6, 2017 5:11 AM

Jan 2014
finally, Lelou acquired China. now, he's plan to aquired the source of geass power!?

I can't wait to see orange kun to join the dark side.

I smell something fishy between Anya and Lelou, I think they had a connection in the past
Jul 26, 2017 1:33 PM
Jun 2017
"We still have the Empress! They can't just start shooting at us!"
*BOOM*
Lol
stygianwriterJul 26, 2017 1:39 PM
Aug 3, 2017 7:50 AM

Jul 2016
So it was Sayoko, huh, I thought she was in China... whatever.

Lol at kiss scene.

THE POWER OF LOVE

By the way, what the hell is with the preview. A shower scene, really? I know CG is full of Fanservice, but Lelo thinking about reasons why the Knights are at the Academy do not converge well with images of a luxiorious spa. imo
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Jan 10, 2018 5:32 AM

Dec 2014
I had a feeling the fake lelounch did something to the orangehead
Feb 22, 2018 7:13 PM
Dec 2014
How the hell the double of lelouch can imitate lelouch voice?Code geass is using to much illogical things to try to make plot twists.
Jan 22, 2019 1:37 PM
Apr 2018
Hopefully Kallen will be saved soon. The whole thing with the Chinese guy and the Empress was weird but Lelouch's reaction was funny.

I expect every episode to learn more from C.C. but her lying in that couch was enough.
Mar 12, 2019 5:41 AM
Apr 2016
HAah Lelouch exposed all of them, the political marriage was canceled, Lelouch got the wrong type of "love." Good episode.
Jun 22, 2019 10:14 PM

Sep 2017
Sayako was Lelouch all along! Brilliant! She should probably learn to play the part of Lelouch better. He isn't a very nice person. I still have trouble grasping how high up in the totem pole Nina is now. The Chief Eunuchs really are assholes, huh? The Tianzi isn't very smart, going out in broad warfare like that. That new KnightMare looks super fucking awesome. That attack was really cool. That strategy is pretty brilliant, as in we got to see more of Lelouch's 4D chess. The people couldn't have broken into revolt at a better time. Lelouch was even able to predict how Schneizel would act, understanding that Schneizel would recognize the Chief Eunuchs as useless once the people began rioting. Wonder what was up with C.C. and Anya. Good riddance, Chief Eunuchs. You guys really annoyed me. The whole love argument was amusing. I wonder if Tamaki realizes he's the most useless of the original gang. Xingke is a cool character. I hope we get to see more of him. What was that cool thing Lelouch flicked? What is this cult? Has this been mentioned before? Apparently, V.V. is the leader of it. What did Sayako do to Shirley? Gotta admit I didn't see the Knights of Rounds showing up coming.
Dec 15, 2019 6:42 AM

Mar 2019
Mechas, revenge, romance, politics, school, betrayal, waifus, drama, history, supernatural powers, yuri content, cool battles, pizza...
Code Geass is the ultimate true anime experience!

Jun 3, 2020 2:24 AM
Jul 2016
pervertidahentai said:
Mechas, revenge, romance, politics, school, betrayal, waifus, drama, history, supernatural powers, yuri content, cool battles, pizza...
Code Geass is the ultimate true anime experience!

Indeed, agreed.

And now rewatching this episode you can add one more title to it; Art imitates real life.
Zero's video broadcast of the princess's attempted assassination spawning riots and rebellions across the Chinese Federation is much like the video of George Floyd's death spawning riots across the US IRL right now! If you thought that wasn't realistic guess again, we're seeing the power of single video in reality right now.

This episode also reminds me of why I thought Kallen & Lelouch should've been together. He was willing to risk everything by trying to get her back and vows to do so no matter what.
Rain_MachikaJun 3, 2020 2:31 AM
Jul 1, 2020 7:13 PM

Feb 2020
wthhhhhhh that lelouch was sayoko?? how did they pull that off lol and how did anyone fall for it

maybe i'm just tired (it is 3am so likely) but all the political diplomatic international relations stuff and who is on what side is confusing me, i just want to see lelouch outsmart everyone.... is that such a big ask....

also what was that moment with cc and anya? does anya have geass too as well? i want to know more about cc come onnnnnn
Aug 14, 2020 2:17 AM
Jul 2019
The riot...the riot. Too real. Code Geass is still relevant to this day.

Sayoko, why did you do that?! What the hell???!

So the Knight of Rounds infiltrated the school now huh? I guess it's easy to enroll to school if you're of high status.
Aug 18, 2020 9:38 PM

May 2015
Lelouch has done it again! Kallen is still kidnapped though, so I assume a new plotline will be to rescue her. The knights are here, I wonder if it's about that picture of young Lelouch. I wonder what Sayoko did with Shirley, a kiss most likely...

I enjoyed this episode very much. The power of love does keep Lelouch going strong indeed.
Oct 12, 2020 5:46 AM
Jul 2020
WOW...!! Lelouch pretty much done again... What a genius.
Dec 13, 2020 1:21 AM

Jan 2016
I actually think Xingke and the Tianzi (do we know her name??) would make a really cute couple despite the age difference.
This is not your grave...
But you are welcome in it :3

Jun 27, 2021 4:03 PM

Apr 2018
Zero won, gained a new ally. AND DAMN THAT ANGLE ON C.C WAS EPIC!
Well done animating that. The knight order or wtv u call it joined lelouch's school for some reason.
Ah yes, SAYAKO didnt tell Lelouch that she kissed Shirley on accident xd

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 15, 2021 5:08 AM

Feb 2018
Do you think the camera angles in anime are kinda weird? What do you mean? ~ 20:00 ^
Sep 22, 2021 6:45 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, I wonder what fake Lelouch did with shirly.

also, C.C is so damn hot, and so is Anya.

Nov 1, 2021 8:12 PM

Sep 2016
I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but I'll say it anyway:

Why does every royal chinese character sound like they're squeaking annoying hamsters!?!? I honestly feel physical pain around my ears when they speak. Well... Thank god they died.

I found out that if I just turn my brain off while watching CG, I'm able to enjoy it a lot more. I just need to think "pow pow robot fight heh", "oooh me horny", and not think too deep into what happened or else I won't be able to stop listing all of the inconsistencies. But at least I can have some fun this way.
Dec 3, 2021 8:21 AM

Aug 2017
The new mecha Lelouch is using is extremely random. Huh, i don't like that.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 10, 2021 12:02 PM

Mar 2021
That battle was my favourite so far so much going on at once! The new nightmare is pretty op. Nice to see the eunuchs slaughtered. Shirley in the dressing room bless her lulu will never get it. The order sounds interesting and I really thought C2 and Lulu would have a better relationship after the kiss.
Dec 10, 2021 12:02 PM

Mar 2021
That battle was my favourite so far so much going on at once! The new nightmare is pretty op. Nice to see the eunuchs slaughtered. Shirley in the dressing room bless her lulu will never get it. The order sounds interesting and I really thought C2 and Lulu would have a better relationship after the kiss.
Apr 22, 2022 3:34 PM

Jul 2017
fine episode i guess i'm really not a fan of this arc but whatever
Jun 28, 2022 8:19 PM

Dec 2021
Lelouch and predicting his Big Bro's actions:

When Big Bro said "what would the Emperor do" ,, and Lelouch saying he 'read' his Bro's moves ..

a flashback to their chess match; Lelouch had the chance to take Big Bro's king , but he didn't. Big Bro then said he knew what type of leader Lelouch was

but in reality , Big Bro IS that type of leader . He had the chance to eliminate Zero's ground forecs from above but chose to move out instead of eliminating a necessary target

it was at that moment he said "what would Emperor do ..." he knew deep down if it was the King in his shoes , he would have dropped the hammer on Zero's clan no questions asked

so if anything , Big Bro revealed he's the true reserved leader , and Lelouch just found him out
Oct 2, 2022 7:13 AM
Aug 2022
good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 20, 2023 6:48 AM
Feb 2023
Upon rewatching Code Geass 3 times including the recap movies, all the plot holes, dumb writing, plot conveniences & contrivances became more apparent.

The Highly praised ending Zero Requiem also makes no sense and feels contrived and forced to gain sympathy for Lelouch

10mins of pathos sequence and the grandiose opera soundtrack sadly can't fix all the plot holes, dumb writing and contrivances.
He could've kept the throne and made change happen differently. Even the upcoming sequels can't fix any of these.
These are irrefutable facts and the people who watched the show for the first time are blinded by the ending.
Jun 7, 2023 6:38 AM
May 2017
WHAT DID YOU DO, SAYAKO!!!
Oct 19, 2023 8:08 AM
Sep 2023
Excellent and very good
Nov 19, 2023 8:07 AM
Oct 2023
a great action filled episode sadlly kallen wasnt rescued though. And Lelouch calling Shirley to decide a matter was nice to see
Nov 25, 2023 2:07 PM

Mar 2021
CC fan service is something I can get behind.
Jan 25, 10:27 PM

Sep 2017

i swear he looked like bondrewd for a second.

once shirley who is clearly in love with lelouch asks him about who he loves, lelouch only thinks of nunnally. what a siscon

Still sleeping like classroom pose

get wrecked shirley, this is how it must feel to have a taste of ur own medicine, to have someone kiss you forcibly lol

Sayoko lmao.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 15, 8:24 AM

May 2020
Ahhh, it's Sayoko who play role as Lelouch. This time, the power of love is strong. Lelouch as always comes up with a nice move. Yea, Lelouch got another friends its Six Knight in his school. Must be another troublesome. This show potentially full of politics but never forget about the school part.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1902 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TechnicsMKII - Sep 21, 2008

370 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

306 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

431 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 31, 2008

575 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 7:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.