Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 10:04 AM
Dec 2015
The fight was awesome. Animation is living up to the manga fortunately.
Jan 28, 10:06 AM

Jan 2021
This is just another LEVEL of intensity

That snake was just straight out from Zelda DAMN

Jan 28, 10:07 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to robertino129
This was pretty pathetic. Another kiddie grade inner monologue during a fight scene. I had my hopes up when this was rated r-17 and not shounen, perhaps erroneously. At this point I'd rather hear ora ora ora from his monologues, it'd be more entertaining. If I have to listen to a 3rd episode in a row, mid-fight, about how he's weak and a whiny beach instead of something more realistic, then I'll just have to wait for an abridged version to fix it. Dude went from analitical and observant to a brainless shounen protagonist real quick.
@robertino129 Couldn't have said it better!

MrJ588 said:
You can just drop this now, this is a typical mass produced Korean hyped power fantasy, it is all about MC showing cool power and destroying the enemy. There's nothing deep in it, if you don't like this episode you won't like any other episode, just drop it, it's not for you don't waste your time.
Though I don't get why you say there's no stake, the man can just die, if that's not enough stake for you and you want the world about to be destroyed at episode 4, then how is it possible to raise the stake down the line lol.

We all know the main character is not going to die. "The man can just die" is not a stake.
Good writing is the art of implementing relatable stakes into a fiction. Something that could hurt the Main Character worse than their own death. It can be a time limit, it can be something or someone to protect, it can be a moral choice, etc.
But here, there is no stake.
I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you. But none of those threaths are believable.
If you look at all the successful animes/mangas, they all have relatable and believable stakes, that actually make the show unpredictable.
Jan 28, 10:13 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to Confused_100
Radical_Orion said:
Yaggamy said:
- Nothing at stake? He could've died at any given moment!

You truly believe the main character is going to die?

A good story with a relatable and engaging stake is "what is the worse that could happen to MC?" , and usually, if it's just death, we know it's not going to happen, so, pretty bland, sorry. A well written story gets you with true uncertain stakes.

Yaggamy said:
- Cliffhanger? What are you talking about? This episode didn't have a cliffhanger.

Cliffhangers in plural as I'm refering to previous episodes and overall serie so far, even mentioned first episode :/

Yaggamy said:
- It's episode 4 and he was level one. Why wouldn't he be in a tutorial-esque situation?

4 episodes of padding for that? It could have been done in 1 episode and half, EASILY.

Sorry but the TRUTH had to be told. I understand that the truth hurts sometimes...

You again? Even after something happened other than criticising you hated and now said false things to justify it. Like atleast watch the episode man… Dude stop watching because the truth of the matter is this anime isn’t for you
@Confused_100 But I justified and argumented each of my criticism. You just ignored it :)
I can't stop watching, it's like looking at a car accident, I know I shouldn't, but it's like morbid curiosity.
I have to watch the whole season, otherwise it would be unfair to give a MAL rating without watching.

I just said that for now, it's between 4/10 and 5/10, how is that hating. It's not that terrible given my mean score 8)
Jan 28, 10:35 AM

Oct 2019
Our weak MC is no longer weak! That was quite the leveling up!
I wonder what's the difference between the MC's special/secret quests and the quests via gates of everyone else.

Is he the first ever 'player' while everyone else remains a 'hunter'?
And what happened to him is distinct from a 'second awakening'?
Jan 28, 10:41 AM
Mar 2014
Character's feeling well expressed and animation and art style is really good
Jan 28, 11:15 AM

Jan 2024
Radical_Orion said:
Yaggamy said:

A good story with a relatable and engaging stake is "what is the worse that could happen to MC?" , and usually, if it's just death, we know it's not going to happen, so, pretty bland, sorry. A well written story gets you with true uncertain stakes.

Yaggamy said:
- Cliffhanger? What are you talking about? This episode didn't have a cliffhanger.

Cliffhangers in plural as I'm refering to previous episodes and overall serie so far, even mentioned first episode :/

Yaggamy said:
- It's episode 4 and he was level one. Why wouldn't he be in a tutorial-esque situation?

4 episodes of padding for that? It could have been done in 1 episode and half, EASILY.

Sorry but the TRUTH had to be told. I understand that the truth hurts sometimes...

your singular opinion doesnt equal the truth. and they are taking the plot at a good pace, it'd be way too rushed if they fit all of this in first episode.
Jan 28, 11:18 AM
Oct 2017
An insane episode with outstanding soundtracks
Jan 28, 11:56 AM
Dec 2021
excellent, very intense, well animated and brilliantly acted.
Jan 28, 12:08 PM
Sep 2021
I liked it, yep ah ye
Jan 28, 12:54 PM
Jan 2024
The pacing was too quick in my opinion as he suddenly goes from being unable to kill to a dog to ripping up a giant snake. The animation is really good though!
Jan 28, 1:01 PM
Apr 2016
Essa adaptação esta simplesmente incrível.
Cada vez fica melhor, estou amando acompanhar esse anime e ficando muito ansioso também.
Jan 28, 1:07 PM

Nov 2017
Finally, a solid episode! That's more like it 😁🫵
Jan 28, 1:14 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to 7evens
The pacing was too quick in my opinion as he suddenly goes from being unable to kill to a dog to ripping up a giant snake. The animation is really good though!
@7evens ikr and why're they tweaking the storyline ?
Jan 28, 1:24 PM
May 2015
Finally, someone seems to have made justice to sao ordinal scale and danmachi
Jan 28, 1:26 PM

Mar 2008
I like that Jinwoo gets his ass pummeled instead of it just being really easy for him.
Jan 28, 1:38 PM
Apr 2012
I see several people mentioning how he went from struggling against 1 wolf to slaughtering a pack and even defeating the boss.
Thing is, he didn't realize how much stronger he had become when he fought against the wolf. In the manhwa it was the first monster he fought since waking up in the hospital, don't know why the anime added the goblins, so he was not yet familiar with his newfound strength. He probably could've crushed or beaten it to death even at level 1 if he really tried.
The more he fought the more he got used to his powers and unlike the daily quest that lets him distribute the points, leveling up distributes them for him so he got stronger in real time while fighting.
And he probably wouldn't have been able to beat the boss if he hadn't gotten the title that boosted his stats by 40% against animal type monsters.

Others also mention he gets stronger too fast. He has game like powers. Have you ever played an MMO? The monsters that took you a while to kill at level 1 you could easily stomp at level 10+, right?

And to the ones complaining about lack of story... it's not really gonna get much better so if you're looking for something with more substance then this anime isn't for you.
Jan 28, 1:38 PM
Dec 2023
He is getting a bit strong
Jan 28, 2:11 PM

Aug 2019
The voice actor is doing an incredible job!! I just love how he’s portraying Sung Jin-woo
Jan 28, 2:35 PM
Jan 2015
Yaggamy said:
Strength makes him more durable because he's physically stronger. Think of it like armor or defense. The snake didn't do enough damage to overcome SJN's defenses so his health didn't drop significantly. There are different types of attacks, blunt and piercing. The snake did blunt attacks with its body.

He got bloodied near the end of the fight when his head hit concrete. This didn't happen in the manhwa afaik. He also says "I might die" in the manhwa instead of being certain like in the anime (although this might just be a translation issue). And the serpent is smaller in the manhwa, he was able to grab at least half of its diameter, in the anime it was just a quarter. The anime fight did make less sense.

Jackson1333 said:
and if this being an intentionally broken system

It's not stated nor implied that it is, at least in the way that is being implied here. That's just some random assumption.

Keyar said:
And he probably wouldn't have been able to beat the boss if he hadn't gotten the title that boosted his stats by 40% against animal type monsters.

Not sure if it's just translation, but in the manhwa the bonus is against "beast" types. The title being Wolf Slayer/Assassin, kind of seems a beast-type only bonus is more accurate. In any case the serpent fight was exaggerated in the anime compared to the manhwa, where the boss was already a pretty big leap compared to the regular enemies in the first place, so I can understand why some people didn't like how it was done.
flushfireJan 28, 3:07 PM
Jan 28, 3:29 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to AnaakJahad
Radical_Orion said:
Yaggamy said:

Yaggamy said:

Yaggamy said:

your singular opinion doesnt equal the truth. and they are taking the plot at a good pace, it'd be way too rushed if they fit all of this in first episode.
@KayneAether I'm an expert so it's safe to say that my opinion has authority over most people here =)
Jan 28, 4:01 PM
Oct 2023
the fight was master
Jan 28, 4:15 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to Raikiri29
I'm a manhwa reader and I'm waiting for Jinwoo to have his goodlooking form to watch the anime.
So is he good looking in episode 4 ?

I want to see him powerfull (the only reason we read the manhwa)
@Raikiri29 lol Just his right arm near the end. I think it'll be a few more episodes for that good looking form.
Jan 28, 7:31 PM
Jan 2024
It's just GREAT voice acting and fight adaptation!
so satisfied!
Jan 28, 7:48 PM
Oct 2019
Magnificent!!
Absolutely Incredible Episode!!

Now i understand why they cast Taito Ban, this man is killing it!!

Man the OST are so good, of course it's the GOAT Hiroyuki Sawano.

Thank You A-1 Pictures!!
Jan 28, 9:21 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi has seriously leveled up
Jan 28, 9:23 PM
Oct 2023
A-1 SHOWING OFF RN
Jan 28, 9:50 PM

Mar 2019
What a delicious episode!
More delicious than the episode is Jinwoo's butt.😋

Jan 28, 10:04 PM
Nov 2020
Ventus_S said:
Yeah, after ep4 I think it's safe to drop this show now since there's no interesting plot left for the show , because it'd follow a super predictable plotline from here.

Our mc, Kirito at home, master Jinwoo has shown to become this op competent guy now in a spam of 1 day combat and a few days of training cuz he has higher stat now :>
All his past harsh experience of failing to fight a Goblin is only because he lacks the stat, not because he never use his brain or hone his combat skill.
It's all because he lacks the stat that he failed so miserably in the past :>

Anyway, kinda lose interest in the story already. Wish those who stay enjoy the animation.

a lot of yappin lil bro
Jan 28, 10:11 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to elfaeron
anyone else a little disappointed? I felt the episode was a little cliche, especially with the way his character presents as super strong/mysterious as soon as he gets a little bit of power. like the dialogue just seemed a little corny too. really enjoyed the first 3 episodes though so hopefully it improves more
@elfaeron just drop the show if you still don't like it. This is just like jjk where only action carry the show. Don't expect some deep story/character, just turn off your brain and enjoy the animation just like what i did with jjk and ds.
Jan 28, 10:34 PM
Dec 2019
Awsbhu ggvgy yugvfd4
Jan 28, 10:58 PM
Dec 2017
it was amazing. the VA of Jinwo was fantastic.
Jan 28, 11:10 PM
Feb 2021
Yuyu1ch1 said:
Solo Leveling cliffhangers are back! 😂

Jinwoo enters an instance dungeon via the subway entrance and levels up by defeating tons of monsters.
Soon, as he goes deeper into the basement, Jinwoo finds himself with a massive snake towering over him.

Taito Ban's voice acting is incredibly impressive! I can't still move on from episode 2, especially the monologue with screaming in the background, that was peak!
And yet this scene where Jinwoo screams while attacking the huge snake was so hype!
Animations are smooth and the visuals are stunning! This episode is truly banger!

Earlier episodes already established that there's no such thing as leveling up nor the concept of going stronger by exerting efforts,
And someone just gave Jinwoo a system which he's the only one who can level up.
You'll love to see this unique power fantasy, he really deserve this glow up after all he went through previously as "the weakest hunter of all mankind"

A1 Pictures, sticking to the source material of both the manhwa and novels, is a big win.
These guys are not playing around with this adaptation, I have complete faith in them.

I can't wait for the next episode. Thanks for the meal.

That’s a cool screenshot!!
Jan 29, 1:47 AM
Mar 2019
Finally a full episode of action-packed pace. Hope this continues with this particular pace.
Jan 29, 2:49 AM
Feb 2016
Hooked from episode 1 and this is my favourite episode of the series so far. Although Jin-Woo is like your everyday action hero, there's one specific feature that makes him stand out from most of them. That is how he reflects on being the weakest and fights on while facing adversity.
Jan 29, 4:02 AM
Feb 2020
This ep made me feel like I'm watching SAO again...
Jan 29, 4:03 AM

Jul 2022
Jin-Woo is gradually becoming stronger, and thanks to his determination, he achieves significant progress in leveling up.

This episode was filled with action, and the animation made Jin-Woo even more overpowered. I anticipate his attitude changing as he grows stronger. Do you happen to know Jin-Woo's current rank? I believe he might be in the C rank now.
Jan 29, 5:08 AM

Feb 2014
Well, it didn't take long for Jinwoo to go from weak to strong in one episode without relying on a sped up training montage, which in a way, is refreshing to see. It also highlights more of the player system and how he levels up. Sure, it might be traditional and, to use the vastly overused word to describe things negatively nowadays, generic, but if it's done well, I don't see a problem with it at all.

As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", which is all good with me.

Anyways, Jinwoo handled himself really well. He might've been in a stressful situation, but he was able to think things thoroughly and calmly before taking his next step, which eventually led to him taking on the dungeon boss. Here is where we see the fruits of his efforts pay off, as well as seeing more of his abilities awaken, which leads to him winning his fight. The animation for this fight overall was very good and consistent, which I'm pleased with. =)

Not only that, but after coming out of the dungeon, he sees the scenario of what happens when there's a dungeon break. Upon seeing how a hastily assembled team were struggling to defeat a golem, he used what's left of his broken sword and threw it to break the golem's defence, thus giving the team the chance to win. Fittingly, the only one to see Jinwoo fade away into a nearby alley was Joohee. I do hope she's able to conquer her fears one step at a time, since it was disheartening to see her struggling to do her role during that fight due to how much trauma she's still suffering from the events of the previous event.

Great episode overall.
Jan 29, 5:48 AM
Apr 2020
More action, better than last episodes.
Jan 29, 6:39 AM
Jun 2019
good good it gettin good good
Jan 29, 7:30 AM

Apr 2016
AHH IT GETS BETTER AND BETTER EACH EPISODE

im so hyped i cant get enough of it at all, i recalled why i loved this story so much in the past, adaptation going great overall

went from 8 to 10

Jan 29, 7:32 AM
Aug 2016
grat animation sick story love it
Jan 29, 8:05 AM
May 2018
Every episode more nonsense and boring thannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Jan 29, 9:09 AM
Jan 2024
I have incredible hopes for this anime. I will read the manga soon enough.
Jan 29, 9:35 AM
Jan 2023
The episode was too good , especially the fight scenes were really insane. loved the episode.......
Jan 29, 9:53 AM
Nov 2018
The manhwa was incredible so seeing it animated is making me very hyped and excited to see how it will turn out.

The manhwa was so good that I finished it in 1 day since I couldn't stop reading, that was in 2022 and now I'm going to see it in ANIMEEEEE

SOLÉM IRMÃOS
Jan 29, 10:13 AM
Jan 2024
Very good, solem!
Jan 29, 10:34 AM

Apr 2020
Nice episode, studio did well :D Jinwoo eyes finally got the spark i wanted to see haha. Action from 1 to 4 eps felt bit slow to me, but maby its good since poeple who didnt read source will understand our mc and world around better ;) Cant wait to see next and im curious if they will continue follow plot or will change it a bit like put some parts faster.
Jan 29, 3:04 PM
Mar 2022
Great immersive story, these episodes feel like 5 minutes long!
Jan 29, 4:09 PM
Jan 2024
I'm actually positively surprised so far. It was defintely a tough job to adapt such a prominent example of "it works because I mastered the medium" work. An overall good quality, nice opening, nicely innovative actions scenes...
It remains very conventional about a lost of things and I think there's something lacking in the visual identity to make it truly special but I overall feel at peace with this adaptation.

The manwha is better tho :p
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

279 by Gator »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

261 by Gator »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 10

413 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 5:36 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 3

274 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20

343 by Gator »»
May 25, 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.