Forum Settings
Forums

What anime series were you so hype to watch but turned out to be aweful?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 19, 2017 5:42 AM

Nov 2016
I was excited to watch Karneval, but it turned out to be pretty bad. That art work is pretty nice though.
Nov 19, 2017 8:51 AM

Feb 2014
Gurren Lagann, I've heard people talk about it so much but when I watched it I was so disapointed. The way they did the fighting spirit thing was just stupid.
Nov 19, 2017 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
Quan Zhi Gao Shou
I wouldn't say it was 100% awful, but it certainly did not live up to my expectations. I read some of the manga and a lot of the web novel beforehand so I noticed how many scenes were taken out or rushed through and it ended up being almost 70% just fight scenes and stuff.

Also,
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Like, I saw a lot of memes and stuff online with people saying they liked it or it was relatable but personally I found the MC super super annoying and obnoxious to the point that I had to drop the show.

Mekakucity Actors was hyped for me cuz I really like the Kagerou Project songs, but the artwork for the anime was subpar and the plot was kinda all over the place and confusing.
Nov 19, 2017 9:16 AM
Jul 2012
Mirai nikki
Legend of the galactic heroes
Jan 4, 2018 3:04 AM
Jan 4, 2018 5:47 AM
Mar 2017
I have 2
1. Kimi no na wa
1. Angel beats (sorry everyone)

I generally don't get very hyped before watching any anime because I'm aware that there are good and bad opinions about every anime out there.

Now, I actually gave both those anime a good 7, but before watching each of them I thought that they would both be solid 10s. There were so many people talking about those series, so many good opinions, so much hype that I was prepared to be "blown away".

So to my disappointment...I didn't enjoy them as much as I expected. However, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy them at all because they were both really good. They just seemed slightly overrated to me.
Jan 4, 2018 6:49 AM

Jun 2017
LoGH. I saw it praised everywhere so i decided to give it a try. Stupid show for stupid people

Oh, i almost forgot about Evangelion. Another example of a bad, old show many people call masterpiece

Jan 4, 2018 9:51 AM

Feb 2015
Re:Creators (dropped it), Your Lie in April, Erased, Tokyo Ghoul, Noragami and Koe No Katachi (not really awful unlike others but it was much worse than I was expecting after all that hype and later reviews).

Completed everything except Re:Creators. I wouldn't recommend any of these to anyone.
HakaminahJan 4, 2018 9:55 AM
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Jan 4, 2018 11:00 AM
Jan 2018
Sword art online, the first episode was masterpiece I could give it a 10 but the rest episodes was terrible
Also BnHa I couldn't complete 2 episodes of it
FMA:B and many more
Lllllll98645Jan 4, 2018 11:05 AM
Jan 4, 2018 1:06 PM
Dec 2017
Your name (overated af)
Gintama (cringy comedy most of the time thx god kagura guves it some value and the fight scenes are quite nice 7/10 not bad but i expected some good shit when i saw 9 9 9 9 to every season )
Dies irae (i expected good shit i got shit)
Ousama games (i expected some good exiting shit i got trash (first anime i rate 1/10)
Aot (overated af i spent like 3 months before finishing the first season and most of the characters are trash especially eren i wish he died )
Grisaria no kaijutsu season 1 (i didn't expect it to be like that at all when i watched that op and when i saw some vn pic scenes of some of the characters and the stupidity of pink made grill arc was unbelievable even tho her backstory was good and the arc of that grill who paints was even worst )maid girl is still best girl tho
Ouran high school host club (didn't expect shit before watching it but i the shitty and cringy comedie and the shitty characters gave me cancer after ep 3 (wasn't planning to watch it but my sis was watching it on tv)
Clcok work planet (i was extremely exited for it but it was kind bad at the end and that main character is awful )
Jan 4, 2018 11:53 PM

Nov 2017
The Ancient Magus' Bride

The main character girl...Chaise or h/e it's spelled is so fucking bland....

give that girl a little seasoning and personality.
a w o o o o ~

Jan 5, 2018 3:17 AM

Dec 2015
Charlotte: Expected a lot from it because I like Jun Maeda's writing but it turned out to be rushed beyond belief, especially the ending.

Rewrite: Again, expected lots from it because I like Key but I can't even describe how bad that was.
Jan 5, 2018 3:45 AM

Dec 2014
Mayoiga
Divine Gate
Your Lie in April

I've said enough
Jan 5, 2018 4:07 AM

Jan 2015
Erased - I hated it from episode 5 onwards and I couldn't finish this shit.
Kizumonogatari - seriously... I like the monogatari series a lot and I know that some arcs suck balls but my god this has to be the worst.
Psycho Pass 2 - I don't think I have to say why.
Jan 5, 2018 4:19 AM

Jul 2016
was lovin' the manga but the adaptation was lacking =(

Ballroom e Youkoso
just went downhill from second arc

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥
Jan 5, 2018 6:56 AM

Nov 2016
I never really get hype for shows
Except when its another season of a show i liked,
i guess am the only one who can hype myself up
I dont have much faith in other peoples opinions or trailers and descriptions

Jan 5, 2018 11:16 AM

Mar 2013
I was incredibly hyped to watch Attack On Titan S2 but felt disappointed. It was still really good and one of my favourites, but compare it to S1 and there is a definite drop in quality.
Jan 5, 2018 11:23 AM
Apr 2017
Deadman Wonderland
Kakegurui
Serial experiments lain
Some detective conan movies
The second part of haruhi suzumiya
Attack on titan OVA
SAO
Yuuri on ice
Another
Dusk maiden of amnesia
Angel beats

those are some ones that i had high expectations but didnt live up to them
Jan 5, 2018 11:28 AM
Nov 2017
Inuyashiki.

It was the first time in a while I took a current recommendation, and after the first two episodes, I was completely disappointed. I finished it, but wasn't awed like I was told.
Jan 5, 2018 11:38 AM

Aug 2014
I went into KonoSuba with high expectations because is so well received by everyone, dropped at episode 6-7
Jan 5, 2018 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
Charlotte
SAO
Deadman Wonderland
Another
Erased
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror Of Shamballa
Tokyo Ghoul
Bleach (I didn't finish this one)
Jan 5, 2018 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
Lmao It'll be a long list then :'D

Ancient Magus Bride
Ousama Game
Recreators
Tales of Zestria
Kabenari of the Iron Fortress
Steins Gate
Code Geass
Darker than Black
Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Erased)
Overlord
SAO
Ranpo Kitan
Blue Exorcist 2nd Season
D.Gray-Man 2nd Season
Fairy Tail 2nd Season
Danganronpa
Kimi no Nawa
Psycho Pass Movie
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Masamune-kun no Revenge
Arcana Familiga
Jan 5, 2018 5:44 PM

Jun 2016
Kakegurui. Ooooh psychological gambling show! If only it were psycho-LOGICAL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2018 6:23 AM

Sep 2017
Erased. The ending is kinda a huge letdown.
Jan 6, 2018 4:07 PM
Sep 2017
SAO - How the story developed was just bad. It dragged for some weird reason, like after they got out. They had to go back in I'm just like,"Why would you play a similar game that nearly killed you?" Like where's the common sense.
Naruto - I stopped watching anime for a couple of years because of this. After finding out that he will end with Hinata I was just like what!?!?! Why?
Jan 7, 2018 6:13 AM

Nov 2016
I wish i could also get extra hyped like other humans
When someone says a show is awesome or the best thing ever, i dont immediately think / assume i am going to enjoy it. because they are talking about their preference or just marketing

When sites were praising black clover i felt nothing
when people praised mirai nikki it was like maybe they have weird tastes

overrall i am unable to be fully invested in other peoples opinions like omg if you like it i so have to watch it asap brb yolo ciao
it makes me kind of sad because i want to be like you humans with your hype and stuff

oooh btw
SAO was one of my first and it was truly awesome and enjoyable for me to watch
Jan 7, 2018 6:19 AM
Jan 2017
Was definitely hyped about Angel beats after hearing that every person and his mom cried while watching it.Well,I also cried seeing how fucking awful it was.
Jan 7, 2018 6:25 AM

Jul 2015
Based said:
+ 1 for Your Name/Kimi no Na Wa.

I had high expectations for this film. It was not awful though, but the story was just boring. The visuals on this film is great, but left a disappointment.

It's not even that great visually. It's on the level of your average big budget animation movie, and miiiiiles below most Ghibli movies or stuff like GitS, Akira and Redline. It's just drowned in gradients and filters (and has some really sexy backgrounds)
DeathkoJan 7, 2018 6:28 AM
Jan 7, 2018 3:57 PM
Dec 2017
Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi
I read about it and premise sound so awesome, 1st episode gave me high expectation, but it went down after 3-4 episodes later.
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Same as ^, first episode had lot of death and maturity in it, but it ended like a cheap anime.
Jan 7, 2018 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
Fate Apocrypha. Totally disappoinment.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » I'm just better- The anime [NO SPOILERS]

TsutanaiFuun - 26 minutes ago

1 by Nirinbo »»
17 seconds ago

» Shoujo anime

Daniellaaa - 17 minutes ago

6 by Ratris_Decision »»
1 minute ago

» do you judge different animes differently ?

ame - Jun 2

44 by _YaoiShotaIncest »»
3 minutes ago

» One Piece, Naruto and Bleach Quiz(big 3 Quiz)

Henrique-Senpai - 3 hours ago

10 by Henrique-Senpai »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - Jun 3

35 by pludel2 »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.