Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 26, 2017 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
I love the ending, Fairy tail may not be the best thing ever in terms of plot, but i still enjoyed it a lot.
Jul 27, 2017 8:02 AM
Dec 2011
*Finds out the mods refuse to correct the amount of Fairy Tail chapters.*

I do not know what I hate more. Cowardice, or incompetence!
Jul 27, 2017 9:54 AM

Nov 2012
TheImmortalOne50 said:

The current chapter count is correct, those extra chapters are collected in the volumes and they are read by people just like normal chapters are.

Jul 27, 2017 10:37 AM
Dec 2011
SuperRed said:
TheImmortalOne50 said:

The current chapter count is correct, those extra chapters are collected in the volumes and they are read by people just like normal chapters are.

Understandable. And since I was using a quote from a game, it matters little.
Jul 27, 2017 4:41 PM
Jul 2017
I really enjoyed the manga & the anime , it was a long journey
from the begining of FT I knew it was all about friendship so I'm not upset about NALU but fool Natsu at least give her a hug while she was crying
I'm upset about gerza , she loves gellal alot , at least let them be together Mashima :(
espesially after jellal being free
Gray & Juvia seem to be more close to each others but Gray left her & go to this stupid 100 years mession !!! the one that even Gildartes could'nt finish !!!
I think it's 6-7/10 just because I really love FT & their NAKAMA POWER :)
So now , can any one suggest a good anime or manga " that is already finished cause I hate waiting a week after a week " For me ?
sorry for my poor English :)
dody-sanJul 27, 2017 4:48 PM
Jul 28, 2017 5:15 AM
Apr 2011
Just realized FT ended(stop reading it since like a long time ago). Well, kind of expected ending. Seems like a lot of ships are just hinted only....Really? No proper closure?
Jul 28, 2017 5:47 PM

Nov 2015
TheImmortalOne50 said:
SuperRed said:

Understandable. And since I was using a quote from a game, it matters little.

Gray already told Juvia about the mission most likely since she doesn't seem bothered by it. and it being a 100 yr mission doesn't mean, it's going to end in 100 yrs. Gray is simply fullfilling his own wish with Natsu to clear the mission out.

and 5 of Team Natsu members are much much stronger than Gildartz alone, so this mission should be much easier, and Gray can call Juvia anytime through his lacrima if he misses her, so there should be no complaints.
Jul 28, 2017 5:49 PM

Nov 2015
NG_Calen said:
well, I don't like gray now, I found his confession creepy and extremely sexist

Official translations that you clearly didn't read.

Gray: “What are you even thinking?”
Juvia: “Juvia is sorry!”
Gray: “It left a scar huh”?
Juvia: “I don’t mind”
Gray: “Why don’t you ask Wendy, she could probably fix it”
Juvia: “and yours as well, Gray-sama”
Gray: “Guys and girls are different!” “Your body is…”
Juvia: “My body is..?”
Gray: “something I care about, cause you’re kinda mine”.

The confession was in character and cute
Not "sexist" or "creepy"
Jul 28, 2017 11:36 PM

Jun 2014
where is the last 4 chapters??
Jul 29, 2017 6:12 AM

Jun 2008
FT had potential, dunno what happened near the end, good riddance.
Jul 29, 2017 7:39 AM

Aug 2015
This was so disappointing i thought that atleast they will show natsu and lucy as a couple but even in the end their were no developments between those two.
Aug 1, 2017 6:12 AM

Apr 2014
waste of time, half a journey and a wishy-washy type of ending that resolved absolutely nothing mashima teased or hinted. everything's left in the open, vague as fuck and absolutely nothing changed after a fuxking war. no one beared any damage, everyone's happy and everything's still the same as the year we left them. no progess, no character growth, no new informations (what's everyone up to? no after-effects?) nothing at all. Natsu is still Natsu, Jerza still as tragic as 200 chapter ago,Jellal still can't accept himself etc- it's bs. you'd expect smth to be resolved after all this shit and what they've been through, but nah let's leave it to the readers imagination like bruhhh if I had any I'd write my own shitty story and get the cash. the same ending could've been applied 6 arcs ago and it would've been as 'fitting' bc that's how much it resolved.

i feel like it's a big fuck you to the fans who supported him even through the shitty arcs but seeing how he had this ending planned since the beginning (hun wtf? this is so painfully stupid),used it and wanted it to end this way (end my ass where they aee all open as fuck) it's not like he cares. i am out of here.

-----

i swear we better get a 100 years quest movie or spin-off written by someone new (i know we won't let me live) that resolves this shit and where lucy finds aquarius or i am flipping. how the fuxk is this an ending??
Aug 1, 2017 6:24 AM

Apr 2014
MoonStar9 said:
Isterio said:

There were definately more NaruHina shippers and I assume Ichihime shippers out there than there were Narusaku or Ichirukia shippers.

In the case of Naruhina by a huge Margin so far in fact that Kishimoto reduced Hinata´s screentime to appropriate Sakura´s position as a main character

Fairy Tail is the only one that cucked it´s main pairing shippers, but it wasn´t out of the question as I clarified in my "Canon pairings thread".

On the other hand.
Cobra got to date his GF, Erza and Jellal probably the fanfavorite got their relationship confirmed albeit flimsy. Levi and Gajeel got their happy end (pun intended), Gray and Juvia got their PG relationship. Athough this Manga confirmed sexual relationships on many occasions, is filled the brim with fanservice and even introduced orgasm magic in which tentacles cares you to climax.

Some of Hiro Mashima´s decisions are so outlandish insultingly stupid that I genuinely can´t make head or tails out of it. Some can clearly be traced as lazyness. Other times, the best anyone can do is guess. Personally, I think he ocassionally writes terrible outcomes, for the sole sake of going against convention, despite making zero sense in context. It fits his rebel nature, his past with his father and his school career. Unlike Kishimoto and presumingly Oda he never finished college. It´s better to think of him as an artist rather than a writer. A stubborn,incapeable uneducated writer.

I don't want to get into the problems with FT as a series because I'd be here all day. What I will say though is that while Naruto x Hinata was the most popular pairing in the West, in Japan it was Sakura x Sasuke, Naruto x Sakura, and Naruto x Hinata in that order so a pretty big portion of the fanbase did get trolled there. Especially considering up until that point Kishimoto had strung along both pairings involving Naruto, while Sasuke literally left Sakura for dead only a few chapters before the end of the series showing very little possibility for him to return her feelings.

As for Bleach, the Ichigo x Rukia fans worldwide made up the majority of the Bleach fans, especially Japan where it would matter most. They were the predominant pairing fans from start to finish so it understandably came as a blow to them. I wasn't surprised with the way it ended because I noticed that, despite all the flaws and inconsistency, the one thing Kubo kept consistent was Orihime's feelings.

Fairy Tail had more reason for pairings to exist than the aforementioned and I know plenty of people only continued reading for that and they didn't even get a payoff. Most of the pairings are left open to interpretation with Gajeel and Levy being the most canonised. Erza being more into her appearance and Natsu claiming he and Lucy will always be together while they go off on an adventure with other guildmembers can barely be considered resolved endings, while Gray claiming Juvia's body is his was just awkward. If I were a pairing fan in this manga I imagine this would be the most unsatisfying ending ever. He's clearly setting up for a spin-off similar to Boruto becauce copying trends is what Mashima does.

Mashima said he'll start a new series in a new world with new characters and this is it. He wants us to imagine the rest (....), so sadly this wishy washy ending really is it. He's really trolling us till the end and even after it, not even working on a spin-off or sequel.
Aug 1, 2017 8:49 AM
Oct 2013
lov_lymj said:

Mashima said he'll start a new series in a new world with new characters and this is it. He wants us to imagine the rest (....), so sadly this wishy washy ending really is it. He's really trolling us till the end and even after it, not even working on a spin-off or sequel.

I´ll quote myself on this one:
For a Fairy Tail spinoff to happen, Kodanasha has to be interested and Fairy Tail simply isn´t as Big as any Shueisha project that did this. I can with 95% certainty tell you that it´s meant to promote the Movie that´s coming out, since it´s heavily influenced by Mashima. Which will "pretend" to resolve those threads left in the final chapter before it comes out.
Just to make every stupid fan that still trusts the guy go like this:https://youtu.be/l6umfTLuCI8?t=18m46s.But then reveal that they didn´t finish the 100 year quest during the Movie, just a portion of it. Get Nalu development hinted at, that goes nowhere .Have Jellal show up just to give some fanservice and leave and that´s the Movie.

I think to remember that Mashima wrote how he was very impressed with the Transformer Movies and that´s what´s his writing turned into. This Movie will be Transformer Movie quality shit . With a 5% margin of error.

Aug 1, 2017 2:16 PM
Aug 2017
My reaction to this chapter gave me a pretty simple conclusion: Hiro was told to cut of Fairy tail fast or just got bored (I mean the spriggans died like freaking flies) The ships weren't made final for all the shippers to be *happy* and not mad at their shipping not happening. The last moral and the most important friendship, the ecerlasting journey, the three rules of leaving the guild. I really enjoyed the story before the first timeskip, and it was one of my first anime. But I just couldnt overlook the fanservice at one point, at the writing got sloppyer.. I just really think that the manga would have been better of ending at either the first timeskip. They could have just died and that was that. Or Lucy woke up here in the last chapter to find that everything was a dream, and that she had only just met Natsu or something... I don't even, it just came to mind.

And to add something I would have wanted personally! Jellal didnt get enough screentime, Jerza for the win! 😂 Well, it was fine all in all.

I did finish it. I did love it at first. I and Hiro should have stopped while it was still good.
Sep 2, 2017 3:40 PM

Oct 2015
you go Gajeel and Levy with the baby ( I loved those two), juvia and gray still odd, Elfman and Eva are alright, Jellal and erza not alright. I thought Natsu was gonna confess for a second there but as always he is a dimwit, I guess its friendzone forever ( the bench is so warm for him). Anyway does that mean they are class s wizards now? The ending was suffice if you really love over friendship manga and simple ending (lukewarm ones). This Hiro guy should retire of ever writing again, he was never of a good long manga writer. His story was like natsu's flame that were diminishing by each chapter, he should take writing lessons or again if he already had. I am really disappointed by it so my verdict is 6/10. I really should rethink the anime in 2018 of watching it
lihle808Sep 2, 2017 4:11 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 15, 2017 3:15 AM

May 2010
Ah it ended. I am unhappy with Gruvia as always but oh well. It feels rlly. Unnatural to me. Idk what mashima wanted with em but he sure failed for me. The outcome felt forced to me no matter what anyone says.
GaLe having a baby. NaLu best friend route. Laxus the mysterious figure route, still like MiraXus but CanaXus is actually very solid too, has me thinking.

I got a bit nostalgic there I guess but this trainwreck could be so much better ever since GMG arc. Ot even Tenroujima (started pretty strong, turned out on the disappointing side) Sun village arc was overall better but not enough as the meh-ness kept going. Anyways. I still love my favorite characters here. At least they are all happy. And I still love GrayLu yay. Their moments were always refreshing for me. The main reason I kept reading was them tbh. I adore their bond and think it had lots of potential, sad.

Goodbye FT.
TragicRomanceSep 15, 2017 3:20 AM
Sep 16, 2017 3:59 PM

Feb 2013
Chaos-King said:
Didn't expect this ending was sure that some pairings where to get confirmed, that didn't happen only Levy and Gajeel where the ones who got any development as a couple, the others where just forced. But I respect everyone's opinions.

But I guess that all those Nalu, Jerza and Gruvia hardcore shippers must be very angry, that their ships didn't become canon after all those shipping wars over the years.

While I didn't enjoyed the manga anymore, still a little sad that ended, it been 6 and half years following this manga.
I remember that started reading this, because of the Dragons.
Wondering if the anime will make big changes or leave things as they are.

That could have just been a Lucy's dream.

Lucy did win the award and they got very drunk. It kinda in the air.
Sep 17, 2017 6:34 PM

Apr 2017
Basically a chapter to show which ships are canon to end all wars.

This arc was by far the worst, though the rest of the series wasn't horrible. 3/10 overall, I loved it at the start.
Sep 27, 2017 2:13 AM

Mar 2016
omris97 said:
where is the last 4 chapters??

Did you find out more about this? I was also wondering why MAL lists a total of 249 chapters when there're only 245...
I'm signatureless :'(
Oct 15, 2017 6:29 PM
Aug 2016
So, I just finished reading the rest of the manga from where Fairy Tail 2014 finished and here are my thoughts:

Personally, I enjoyed watching the series, it is a fun and adventurous anime. However, I can understand why so many people disapprove of it and how it ended and why it gets so much hate. The ending DID feel rushed, it's like everything just got clustered in and everything was just all over the place.

It's like the whole series is directed to 8 year olds. Like an actual fairy tale, it has a happy ending. Everything was so simple and basic, friendship power defeating evil, so cliche. Fairy Tail is on par with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It's so repetitive, they get stronger and then defeat their enemies. No matter how strong the enemies seem, in the end, they get defeated by nakama power. Rarely anyone dies. Time and time again, Hiro constantly trolls everyone with death flags. When a character supposedly dies, they come back. The only manly part about this whole series is the fanservice.

But the things I love are the plottwists and suspensefulness. Hiro really knows how to hype things up. I really love Zeref and Acnologia. Acnologia especially was so epic. If you think about it, Acnologia is the bigger villain than Zeref because if it wasn't for him, Natsu would not have died 400 years ago. Zeref would not have the curse because he won't be researching on how to get his younger brother back. Zeref and Natsu would be dead 400 years ago and the whole story of Fairy Tail would not have even happened.

What I want to know is Acnologia's backstory. If I recall correctly, towards the end of the manga he says that his family was killed by the dragons. So if it wasn't for that, maybe he wouldn't have been so evil and become this dark dragon which started all of this chaos. The other thing I want to know is the curse that Zeref got. Who cursed him and how? Am I supposed to believe that it was just because of some supernatural being that cursed him without any explanation and out of anyone's control? Because if that's the case, then that's lame.

So much potential has been wasted, but I still love this series.
Oct 26, 2017 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't been on this website for years. I barely watched/read anything in the past few years. But a friend told me about the ending, and I just couldn't resist. Enjoy the 4 year old assblasting:

Nov 23, 2017 7:52 AM

Sep 2013
It was a good series. Loved it.
Jan 2, 2018 9:10 PM
May 2016
Taifood said:
j0x said:
what loose ends do you have in mind?

even if there are loose ends its more of a let the fans/viewers/readers fill in the gap of the story tactic and its part of any story writing
Well besides the obvious shipping stuff, a big one I've always wondered was Ankseram, as well as the other "gods." I believe one other god was introduced, but its crusty ass got waisted easily.

God slaying magic was introduced into the story, but all it was ever used for was to give the Dragon slayers a bit more of a challenge. Mashima didn't even bother to justify its existence. Really want to see what the significance of its black color (nod to Zeref but it's a nod and nothing more).

Fairy Heart was never really fleshed out, and ended up being useless besides being hyped up for 200 chapters. I want to know more about it.

Is Natsu completely human now? Are there any repercussions at all? Again, Mashima didn't bother with verifying the state of Natsu's being.

Aquarious' key. The English scans aren't out yet, but from the spoilers it looks like they're going on a 100 year quest and her key isn't mentioned? As far as I know right now it's still up in the air.

Urano Mentira mentions Tetrabiblos as ruler of the stars. Who is that? Is it the Spirit King? This is another being I really hoped Mashima would clarify or introduce, with the other being Ankseram.

There's probably more if I bother to keep remembering back far enough.

I was rereading the manga and maybe I forgot something but what did happened to Aquarius? D:
they really did leave it up in the air. So many questions no answers X_X
Jan 3, 2018 2:04 AM
Oct 2013
A_C said:

I was rereading the manga and maybe I forgot something but what did happened to Aquarius? D:
they really did leave it up in the air. So many questions no answers X_X

Her Key regenerated and is somewhere in the world for Lucy to go on an adventure and find, because there can´be any hardship in this piece of shit Manga past chapter 200.
Jan 16, 2018 2:08 PM

Mar 2010
I never understood how people could see NaLu happening. This ship annoyed me the most because fans blew it out of proportions and there were very few hints in the romantic direction. So, I'm glad it didn't become canon. Although, maybe if there is a epilogue chapter or two eventually...

Anyways, at first I wanted to complain about people complaining about the couples but then I realised that this chapter was about nothing else. Very cowardly handled ships. As if Hiro was afraid of fans' attack if he made couples too obvious. Unfortunately, this just made things worse.

But at least all of my favourite couples became canon. Gruvia, Jerza and GaLe.
Apr 25, 2018 2:29 PM
Oct 2016
Most of my Ships happened!!! Or hinting it will happen. Sadly no NaLu, but I will still believe in the possibility.
May 27, 2018 2:54 PM

Nov 2015
On another note, I'm glad Jerza didn't get their happy ending.

Two toxic characters in Jellal and Erza deserve to be stripped far away from each other.

Would've been fitting if both died.
Aug 17, 2018 3:11 AM

Feb 2013
We reached the end of this amazing journey, thank you Hiro-sensei, thank you Fairy Tail.
Sep 1, 2018 11:14 PM
Sep 2018
Okay so does anyone know how Mavis and zeref had a child? Cuz you know she died and idk where this pregnancy Happened. So to me their relationship timeline and how it even Happened is a...looking a little vague.(I know it's a random question but hey I need answers)
Feb 17, 2019 7:15 AM

Oct 2012
When you thought author couldn't really fail harder than rave master... we get fairy tail.

Even among the most popular shonens - it's easily one of the worst... and that's pretty sad, considering the most popular shonens ended mostly end up as a complete train wreck due to unnecessarily long extension.

4/10
Mar 23, 2019 3:28 AM

Jan 2014
this manga has so much potential to be the greatest shounen like Naruto or One Piece, but the constant nakama bs destroy it. that's what I think from the beginning to halfway when reading this manga. until I read the chapter where Natsu didn't choose any of power up seeds, that's where it's go down to horrible path.

from my perspective, Natsu could have power up both Demon and Dragon, and have an otherworldly three way fight between him, Zeref, and Acnologia. turning him into both Demon yet Dragon form, I think that's awesome. too bad that's become a waste.

and what's about Alvarez empire? I didn't see them fleeing, when did they fly back to their continent?

also they waste so much about Erza and his mom's story, August past, even Ajeel and the other Spriggan 12. I see a lot more potential for them to be part of the story.

for all overall, I think 8 is enough. no more than that. even though it ended horribly, I still like it.
Apr 9, 2019 11:04 AM

Jan 2016
I really enjoyed this manga so much but then came the last chapter and i got dissapointated so hard. Why such an open end? I hate it when things were left unfinished!
I love fairy tail so much since the Start. Fight against aknologia and zeref Was amazing but a big heartpiece for me was jerza in first place and also gruvia and gale. I Was so looking forward to them come together and now i am so unsatisfied.
I never had a doubt it will happen because of the buildup of the Story that there will be happy ends
.Now i feel stupid and trolled.. I cannot understand why mashima san left his loyal Fans that unsatisfied??

I really hope he left it so open cause he knew there is something to follow like the 100 years quest. I hope that maybe at the end of this or afterwards there will be a more proper ending but otherwise i do not want to raise my hopes too high to get dissapointated again

As said i liked the Story and the Fights and gale having a baby but because of the Rest i am not able to really enjoy it anymore :((
So let s read the sequel and pray for the best.
Otherwise the manga/anime i loved the most will always leave a bad taste in my mouth :(((
I am sad
Apr 24, 2019 12:53 PM

Jul 2017
sad this shit is over. At least we got a sequel but still
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Oct 6, 2014

92 by a0o-kun »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

orbbie - Sep 29, 2014

68 by a0o-kun »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 401 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darklight0303 - Sep 22, 2014

129 by a0o-kun »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

animefan8800 - Sep 13, 2014

154 by a0o-kun »»
Yesterday, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Sep 1, 2014

73 by a0o-kun »»
Yesterday, 5:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.