Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 10, 2017 11:28 AM
Jun 2017
Something I noticed that this show does a lot that I'm already not liking. Sometimes, when characters are talking (mostly for exposition dumps), they will just pan over shots of the characters doing things that have nothing to do with what they're talking about. Like them eating while the conversation about how the worlds mixing plays in the background in this episode. To me at least, this is kind of lazy. It means that the show isn't finding any way to display any of the information visually in an interesting way, and it comes to the detriment of what should be a great show. Even the way they were having the conversation around the table about Meteora playing the game she's in is better, that at least makes sense: they are talking about her having played the game, so you see them talking about her having played the game. Hopefully they can fix this problem, but it keeps taking me out of it to say "hey... that looks kinda dumb and has nothing to do with the important stuff that they're talking about."

Well, that was way longer than I thought it would be.
Jun 26, 2017 3:51 PM

Sep 2015
As usual some stuff I liked. Some stuff I didn't. The Saber wannabe is not particularly interesting to me. Kind of curious how long her and Mamika will stick with villain girl. I did enjoy Meteora's story here. Even though it led to her giving even more endless exposition. As a big fan of classic high fantasy RPGs I found a lot of resonance in her eulogy to her dead creator.

In some of my favorite RPGs (like yeah the Persona series), you really do feel an overwhelming sense of love for the world around them from the creators. And the desire to make an experience that gets under your skin. And makes you see the world that much brighter. As someone who's felt that many a time in the realms of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and SMT. I found this pretty moving. And well articulated at that. This series has a lot of stuff I really like. I wish it was a little more cohesive overall though.
Jul 3, 2017 11:40 PM
Apr 2016
So. Much. Talking.

Thought this was action, not 99% drama.
Jul 14, 2017 2:38 AM

Jul 2016
The speed-running community is going to go berserk over this!

So we start the episode with Meteora heading over to a game company, only to find a rather harsh truth. As it turns out, the producer for the game tragically passed away in a traffic accident. This was a rather tragic turn, coming to the world of the gods and knowing that the god who created you is no more. Seeing this, she decided to head over to a computer cafe and play the game she was in.

The next day, she finished it! HOW? WHEN? WHY? OK, I get why, but HOW!?!? Did she actually speed-run the ENTIRE game? If that's so, I can already hear the speed-running community call bullshit. But then again, she is the librarian, I am not that surprised.

We also get a closer look at Aliceteria. She dragged her creator and BOY, is she pissed! She outright ties him up and drags him to her underground lair. LADY! Chill the #%$@ down! You'll traumatize the poor guy into killing you off from the canon. We also get a tender moment between Alice and Mamika, over curry no less.

I have to admit there was a LOT of talking in this episode, and though it's a downside, I can see where they're coming from. And not only that, Meteora's reaction to the passing of her creator was well done, I actually felt sorry her and wanted to give her a hug (Despite the abundance of exposition). They want to do some world(or in this case, universe)building before they jump back into the action, I can handle that. But boy, we are not done yet,

Because now, we have a mecha kid on our hands.
Alright show, I get the in-universe concept, and I also get how the entire CANON thing works, now show me the other card up your sleeve. Show me what you got!
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Aug 17, 2017 12:54 PM

Nov 2009
Holy mother of God somebody needs to stop Meteora and her exposition, it took up like what 75% of the episode.
Feb 22, 2018 8:14 AM

Mar 2015
A lot of exposition dump, but I can understand because we needed info. It made sense too for it to be very long and stretched because Meteora seems like that NPC guide who talks on and on.

Feb 25, 2018 11:50 AM

Dec 2014
I like Meteora but it feels a little odd having 10-12 minutes of pure conjecture that will probably be right (because they're not going to waste that amount of valuable time only for it to be wrong) since we've seen nothing to back those claims up.
Mar 6, 2018 2:33 AM

Mar 2015
Cool so there are two sides starting to get defined
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 29, 2018 4:23 PM

May 2012
Haha that ending, that sure is going to be interesting in the next episode! Looking forwards to see the new characters!
Jan 9, 2019 11:57 PM

Jul 2009
The first half was all talk. I kinda knew Meteora's creator died, the moment it showed her shock face.

It's good to have the characters talk and eat. I kinda notice how we rarely see characters eat in some Animes. Like they always keep going with the story without a sense of break or such.

Damn, Alicetaria February is already my favorite character! Not only it's voiced by Yoko Hikasa(one of my faves) as well as having this sense of justice and moral for her country. She kinda reminds me of Jeanne D' Arc in someways ^^

Oh well, we need an action scene next so hopefully the next one will deliver!
Jul 25, 2020 10:45 AM

Jan 2010
The idea that multiple stories become real would cause contradictions in the real world feels like a fascinating take on power level arguments. Of the many stories in existence, many are incompatible with each other, so the best we can do is to find some middle ground for comparison, one of which could be estimating their prowess via real world feats and physics. If too many stories come into existence, that middle ground would become increasingly impossible to establish, resulting in a complete mess of organization. Going further into meta, it would be, as if, the writers of Re:Creators needing to somehow justify multiple in-universe stories existing in their in-universe real world without losing consistency.

I've seen reverse isekai stories before, though under different names and from different mediums. Re:Creators is interesting for being set in present-day, specifically in this media-saturated age. I'm still hesitant on creating a concrete opinion on the show, but I'll stick with it for now.
Sep 8, 2020 8:38 PM

Feb 2019
Lots of talking in the episode, which was alright. I think the worldbuilding felt very Fate-like, with the force/will of the world not liking having the characters in the world.

I'm now pretty interested in the uniformed girl character's backstory; it's pretty obvious that Souta's her creator, so Souta must've done something pretty bad for her to be motivated to kill herself just to get back at him.
Nov 2, 2020 3:28 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Really enjoyed how Meteora felt and dealt with that situation, the concept of the anime is soo weird by itself, but at least things are being taken into serious account, provided you can accept the synopsis itself.

Also, MAL spoils the name of her, so I will just be calling her by the name, which makes it much easier to address.
I believe Altair is very much connected with Sota, and from all the hints given so far, it is close to something like, he drew her in the past... that is too many hints pointed towards this, may end up being something else, but that is what I think.

Altair itself doesn't seem to be a bad character, it really seems like she has built a mask that she has to keep wearing.
I m curious to see how/when it is going to crack, and what are those implications.
Jan 28, 2021 10:49 AM

Nov 2019
Very boring episode.
Mar 2, 2021 4:57 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
was it just me or was a rendition of theme from Interstellar playing in the background there LOL but yeah this soundtrack is so different and so much better than the norm- and it elevates this show which so far is just slightly above average

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 28, 2022 4:26 PM
Feb 2019
Always enjoy all the attention to detail and passion that went into this series. The music is fantastic.
Feb 7, 2023 5:14 AM

Jan 2013
LeMasta said:
I like Meteora but it feels a little odd having 10-12 minutes of pure conjecture that will probably be right (because they're not going to waste that amount of valuable time only for it to be wrong) since we've seen nothing to back those claims up.

Yeah found that odd too, literally nothing to back it up but "let's just assume I'm completely right on this."

It's interesting though, characters coming to terms with the fact that they were just stories that other people have created.
Kinda makes you think about our world, as long as we perceive to have free will and don't know any better does it really matter?
These characters didn't know any better until they were transported to this supposed real world, for all they know this could be part of their story too.
Aug 13, 2023 2:05 AM

Nov 2022
The last creation featured in this episode eating without a care for this world is hilarious lmao.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

260 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

207 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

237 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

244 by Karva1 »»
May 26, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

377 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.