Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 29, 2016 5:22 PM

Sep 2015
shanimebib said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

That's not true, at some point that puppy bite all the kids. When you get to the field scene you can see his little bite marks on different parts of the kids. They even pan the screen towards the marks. So it's not established that he hates just Subaru. We really don't know what the puppy's motive is for all this. (if it even really is a puppy bc he's stupid OP)

But it could be that the puppy actually bit the kids to draw Subaru out. It's a common concept that when a curse is lifted or the source of the curse is revealed the one who cast the curse realizes it. We have seen that in many stories in the past.

The anime has been so intense so far I totally forgot the characters like Reinhard and Felt existed. I wonder if they will make any appearance in this arc, because it doesn't seem like that anymore. I am assuming it will run for 2 more episodes at most.

The series hit 8.6 for the first time in MAL. I am not surprised the way it has been going. Good luck Kabaneri (started at 8.69 after week 1 when Re:Zero was at 8.09 after week 1).

That's a really good point. Although it seemed like Subaru knew people were bitten before he went back to the village I thought that is why he wanted to go back so bad. He could have just been guessing though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
May 29, 2016 5:23 PM

Jul 2012
Also, the quiet girl who brings the dog to the village and gets "captured separately" is obviously quite suspicious.

This is fantasy, she could very well be a pawn, under mind control, the witch under some shapeshifting (or a minion), some kind of demon/slave, etc.

The dog that inflicts the curse could also possibly be trained or controlled to do whatever it did. Pretty obvious deduction.

The dogs made by the witch reacting to the smell of the witch isn't strange or contradictory. Just cause they have a familiar smell or detect the witch's smell doesn't mean they like the witch.

The witch could be horrible as their creator and smelling her could make them mad.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

Visit my Discord community: VGData.
For games, anime, & music.
May 29, 2016 5:23 PM

Apr 2014
So it's the bald dog that cursed him...
That was some epic battle while the first half of the episode is meh.
Agh, my heart when I thought Rem going to die there, but then she go badass mode!
Subaru...don't tell me he's going to die there and have to reset again after all those hard work TT^TT
May 29, 2016 5:25 PM

Oct 2014
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

hmmmm great questions really I don't have the answer to all them. Intentions seemed to be to target Emalia's camp as it not only bite Subaru in a couple of the arc's but it bite Rem one time as well.

It seemed to bite the kids as a lure for a back-up plan. Yea I could see your lack of foreshadowing as well. Although everytime Subaru wanted to take Emilia to the village she was always VERY hesitant. Which lead me to believe there was something dangerous out there.

The dogs seemed more summoned by the little dog to me but I could be completely wrong there as well. Maybe the yellow aura was just a command spell not a summon spell.

well i do not know idea why a back up was required since the dog was able to beat subaru like in the previous times and as i have no idea how the curse actually works i am not sure about how any of that will help invading the camp
probably the next episodes will answer my doubts
May 29, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2014
I guess Subaru won't die this time, atleast, seeing that it didn't show him waking up, or that there wasn't a clear indication that he died.
May 29, 2016 5:27 PM

Jul 2012
VeritasEtLux said:
Sigh.. Subaru is really an aho... Caring so much for the villagers but you could glint out some aspects of his character from this. But seriously, as someone who is a hikkimori before this, I really wonder how he grew attached to people so quickly.

I don't seem to recall any scene in this anime where he's described himself as a hikkikomori.

Wasn't he described as a normal highschooler?
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

May 29, 2016 5:28 PM
Jan 2014
this is why i prefer cats
but holy shit
subaru tapping into his horsepower
"Tell them you watch shonen, and at worst they will call you immature. But moe? It's like you are watching rape hentai."
-ThatAnimeSnob, 2015

May 29, 2016 5:29 PM

Aug 2015
Chdata said:
VeritasEtLux said:
Sigh.. Subaru is really an aho... Caring so much for the villagers but you could glint out some aspects of his character from this. But seriously, as someone who is a hikkimori before this, I really wonder how he grew attached to people so quickly.

I don't seem to recall any scene in this anime where he's described himself as a hikkikomori.

Wasn't he described as a normal highschooler?

First time he introduces himserlf to Emilia and Pack he says he's a hikikomori and Emilia says she doesn't understand what that means. It's in the beginning somewhere. He hadn't even died yet.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Mar 2010
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

hmmmm great questions really I don't have the answer to all them. Intentions seemed to be to target Emalia's camp as it not only bite Subaru in a couple of the arc's but it bite Rem one time as well.

It seemed to bite the kids as a lure for a back-up plan. Yea I could see your lack of foreshadowing as well. Although everytime Subaru wanted to take Emilia to the village she was always VERY hesitant. Which lead me to believe there was something dangerous out there.

The dogs seemed more summoned by the little dog to me but I could be completely wrong there as well. Maybe the yellow aura was just a command spell not a summon spell.

-Dogs are clearly targeting everyone in manor, this shouldn't be question. Even Suabru speculates this.

-The kids getting was already hinted at being a trap to lure Subaru or those from manor out since they did not die like they were supposed to. It's pretty obvious it would have been exposed then hence this measure.

-Dogs weren't summoned out of nowhere Subaru went their into territory.

Basically most of questions he was asking were already answered in this episode.
Iron_MawMay 29, 2016 5:34 PM

Apr 2015
When Subaru left the house and the camera focus on Emilia looks like she develops some feelings towards Subaru or maybe i'm wrong.

Beatrice is so adorable i cant handle with her.

Rem can be really cute and the same time so scary

not a epic episode but pretty good.
May 29, 2016 5:34 PM
Dec 2013
Is there a comparison between censored and uncensored scenes?
May 29, 2016 5:41 PM

Dec 2010
this arc is really dragging along
May 29, 2016 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, don't know if that push was necessary. Could have warned her.
May 29, 2016 5:42 PM

Oct 2014
Jagd84 said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

-Dogs are clearly targeting everyone in manor, this shouldn't be question. Even Suabru speculates this.

-The kids getting was already hinted at being a trap to lure Subaru or those from manor out since they did not die like they were supposed to. It's pretty obvious it would have been exposed then hence this measure.

Basically most of questions he was asking were already answered in this episode.

I never said the dogs where summoned out of nowhere i said that the existence of these kind of criatures and where they live was not foreshadowed in any way previously to them appearing out of nowhere in this episode
Also why did it still tried to use the kids to lure subaru if it was able to put the curse in him?
May 29, 2016 5:44 PM

Jan 2010
A really great episode. The action was pretty good, the feels were there. Rem's transformation was pretty sweet and the ost was on point
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 29, 2016 5:49 PM

Aug 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
Jagd84 said:

I never said the dogs where summoned out of nowhere i said that the existence of these kind of criatures and where they live was not foreshadowed in any way previously to them appearing out of nowhere in this episode
Also why did it still tried to use the kids to lure subaru if it was able to put the curse in him?

What would be the point of a foreshadowing here?

And about the last sentence, do we know it is aimed at Subaru especially, or is it only your assumption? To me, it looks like a bait for anyone seeing a kid lying on the floor and who'd want to help. The cheese on the mouse trap isn't necessarily meant to attract a single, specific mouse. As long as you got one trapped, then everything's fine in the world...
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

May 29, 2016 5:51 PM

Apr 2010
RediceRyan said:
Great episode, don't know if that push was necessary. Could have warned her.

Because she was totally in a listening mood.
May 29, 2016 6:01 PM

Nov 2008
Does the blue hair kid even have a name? She wasn't mentioned by Subaru lol. She actually stands out to me in the previous episode because I see her isolated among other kids and not enjoying herself with Subaru. xDD

Also, does that mean that the barrier was already broken before because the puppy boss already infiltrated the village? I think its not over yet. I hope Roswaal will save the day. I would like to see what he can do.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
May 29, 2016 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
Oh yeah, considering he pulled a 'self-sacrifice' again, it'd be quite a loss for the relationship building that creates between him and Rem were lost, just like when he self-sacrificied to save Emilia from the bowel hunter and was healed.
~ Ch-ch-ch-data

May 29, 2016 6:11 PM

Oct 2014
Tony_SansNom said:
gabrielrroiz said:

And about the last sentence, do we know it is aimed at Subaru especially, or is it only your assumption? To me, it looks like a bait for anyone seeing a kid lying on the floor and who'd want to help. The cheese on the mouse trap isn't necessarily meant to attract a single, specific mouse. As long as you got one trapped, then everything's fine in the world...

it would be good for worldbuildind
since the series is already in its 9 episode and it is only now starting to introduce very basic concepts of the setting
May 29, 2016 6:14 PM

May 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
Tony_SansNom said:

it would be good for worldbuildind
since the series is already in its 9 episode and it is only now starting to introduce very basic concepts of the setting
It's 25 episodes long..... There are tons of stuff later on esp after this arc.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
May 29, 2016 6:16 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly I would let Rem have at it with the dogs.
May 29, 2016 6:24 PM

Apr 2015
Jonny_Mhl said:
This episode confirmed that Beatrice does not remember anything about Subaru's previous lives, some people bitched about it but I wonder with what they will say now.

no it doesn't confirm anything. she's simply keeping herself quiet about it.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 29, 2016 6:26 PM

Mar 2015
Good episode, I was wondering when he'd die the whole time. Surprised how he let the dog bite him though. Guess it's easy to get reckless when you know you have infinite lives though. Still, his deaths are nothing compared to what Elsa did to him, yet.
May 29, 2016 6:31 PM

Jan 2011
legit Subaru don't die bro! you got so far! shouldn't of been so reckless without a checkpoint!.

but for real this arc needs to end already lol.
May 29, 2016 6:44 PM

Jun 2013
Amazing episode as always, but FUCK THAT CLIFFHANGER
May 29, 2016 6:45 PM

Sep 2013
Yet another great episode. Rem's demon was freaking sweet too.
And so begins another very long week of waiting.
May 29, 2016 6:48 PM

Jul 2012
The end of the episode had me screaming "SUBARU U FREAKING IDIOOOOT!!"
Pls dude don't die. I don't want another loop D:

So Subaru can use magic. Pretty nice. (you're a wizard Subaru) I hope we can see him using it tho. I get so worried that he wants to save everyone but he is kinda useless in a fight D:

I liked his scene with Emilia. I mean, he was SO ANOYING pretending to be all happy. It was refreshing to see him just letting it go and crying.

That scene with Rosewall was weird too. I don't know, he is so fishy...
(he flies like a DBZ character btw and I love the way he talks, I would never be able to keep a straight face with him talking like that to me)

Oni Rem was soooooo nice! Loved it!
taynisMay 29, 2016 7:02 PM

May 29, 2016 6:48 PM
Jan 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:

Have you seen all the episode's? I think they have done a good job explaining the world per say and it makes sense even if you are an AO. I'm sure if you asked specific ?'s someone could clarify for you unless you are just trolling lol

i have no idea what are the dogs intention or why it bite all the children aand take them out of the cityor if he is actually trying to invade the mansion
i deslike lack of foreshadowing to this kind of creature existing and this kind of barrier keeping them away
are you even watching the episodes? so you are telling me that you didnt know that Rem is a demon or to say it better "Ogre" . Didnt you watch the episode were both of them went shopping and she smirked when Subaru mentioned something about demons. Also you got your answer about the barrier thing just wait a bit more and maybe you will get more info about the dog or who is commanding it. Also about the curse maybe the user that placed it noticed that Subaru was able to remove it so the dog tried to lure him out? Who knows we can only speculate
To_The_AirpoRTMay 29, 2016 6:53 PM
May 29, 2016 6:54 PM
Feb 2012
For someone who wants to save the kids so badly he sure took his sweet time having dialogues with Rem (Or Ram, to be honest I still cant remember who is who with them) before actually going in to save them.

But nitpicking aside this was a good episode. At this point I'm not really expecting bad episodes anymore. I will say that I found it to be a bit anticlimatic that the dog ultimately was the one who cursed him..but it doesn't really matter. We now know about the forest and a bit more about the Witch.

On that note I really would like to see some more worldbuilding. I appreciate that it's a very focussed show but I get the impression that the world is much more interesting than so far has been shown.
May 29, 2016 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
Too much talking and LN dialogue this episode. I mean it was fine, mostly but it sounded like I was watching Hundred for a moment. Really stripped the sense of urgency when they discovered one child missing. I'm also not too pleased with how little they're showing of Emilia's character. I mean we get she's kind, beautifully, and what Subaru idolizes at this point, but now it just feels like she's there to tease. Don't know if that makes sense.
May 29, 2016 7:12 PM

Mar 2010
gabrielrroiz said:

....And why the hell would he need to foreshadow fantasy monsters exist in a fantasy show? Are you for real? This is definition of fishing for complaints about things aren't even worth thinking about.

Does he have to foreshadow that cities exist too?
Iron_MawMay 29, 2016 7:18 PM
May 29, 2016 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
I'm expecting Subaru will not die and comes a new savepoint for him (same with Elsa's where he got nearly killed). Really getting tired of this reset shit.
May 29, 2016 7:19 PM

Sep 2013
Subaru has definitely earned my respect. From the start of the series I wasn't a big fan of him and thought he was bland. 9 weeks later and he's evolved into quite a hero and definitely my favorite character so far. He even went as far as sacrificing himself again (maybe?) to save Rem, even though he knew it would start him from scratch (and erasing the lap pillow scene). So props to him for evolving in a world where he doesn't belong in.

As for Rem, I enjoyed her scenes in this episode very much, especially when she saves Subaru. It's nice to see her save his life, considering she has killed him twice. Then the reveal of her horn and how MAD STRONG she is.

Did she hit one of the wolves so hard that it just turned into nothing but blood!? Bitch is scary.

May 29, 2016 7:25 PM

Sep 2013
I reeeeally don't get the hype of this series. Nice idea, poor execution overall.
May 29, 2016 7:25 PM

Oct 2014
Jagd84 said:
gabrielrroiz said:

....And why the hell would he need to foreshadow fantasy monsters exist in a fantasy show? Are you for real? This is definition of fishing for complaints about things aren't even worth thinking about.

hundreds of demons around the citys and then being built with barriers for self defense were also expected ?
of course the most basic elements of this setting needs foreshadow before they actually metter for the plot
gabrielrroizMay 29, 2016 7:31 PM
May 29, 2016 7:31 PM

Jan 2016
Question:
Is Rem a Yandere or Yangire?

May 2015
Very satisfied with the pacing everything is unfolding splendidly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 2010
gabrielrroiz said:
Jagd84 said:

dogs that are able to make powerfulls curse and citys that are able build around defences against this creatures were also expected?
of course the most basic elements of this setting needs foreshadow before they actually metter for the plot

We're foreshadowed that he was curse by someone or something through physical contact. Whether was by a human or not is irrelevant not does it effect the world building since we learn exactly what cursed him. There rest pointless nitpicking that your shows your seriously your are grasping at straws.
Iron_MawMay 29, 2016 7:36 PM
May 29, 2016 7:34 PM

Mar 2010
MrVeso said:
Question:
Is Rem a Yandere or Yangire?

Neither. lol

Her Oni-mode just turns into a Berserker.
May 29, 2016 7:36 PM

Oct 2014
Jagd84 said:
gabrielrroiz said:

dogs that are able to make powerfulls curse and citys that are able build around defences against this creatures were also expected?

Were foreshadowed that he was curse by someone or something. Whether was by a human or not is irrelevant not does it effect the world building since learn exactly with curse him. Thus we know there creatures who inflict that. There rest pointless nitpicking that your shows your seriously your are grasping at straws.

and of course the countryside being filled with lots of demons is not a important aspect at all to foreshadow in previous episodes
May 29, 2016 7:38 PM
May 2016
Jagd84 said:
edwd2 said:

I guess the last part of the episode just felt very out of place. Even if he doesn't die, I'm questioning why and how he was able to just jump in, attempt to save rem? and get himself, well, bitten very badly?

...Have you been watching the show at all? This isn't first time Subaru has gone put his life line that. He did for Felt and Emilia in first arc too. So not unusual at all. The hell?
I agree with you, he always put his life on the line just to save the ones whose bond is connected to him.
May 29, 2016 7:45 PM
May 2016
Chdata said:
No one seems to be commenting on 2 things

Ram and Roswall might know something Rem hasn't been let in on. Or perhaps Rem is more to terms with something or doesn't care about what they're doing.

When Roswall leaves, Ram's eyes are hidden under a 'forehead shadow' that indicates some sort of shady business or darkness.

Roswall half turns to look back at Subaru as he gives a reply before he leaves, but before you can see what kind of face he makes or what his reaction was to what Subaru says, he stops turning his face just enough that we (and Subaru) can't see the expression he made.
Roswall seems fishy, I feel he is still not trusting Subaru.
May 29, 2016 7:51 PM

Jun 2014
Fappa said:

I thought it was the next day? Wasn't subaru bitten on the 3rd-4th day in every loop and died/got cursed the next day?
May 29, 2016 7:53 PM

Oct 2011
i'm just fuckin love this episode, Subaru e Rim was so cute <3
Rim demon mode was awesome
And poor subaru D=
May 29, 2016 7:57 PM

Oct 2012
OH yes we are officially past the is ep was amazing to me, some great development for Rem
Really looking forward to next week~
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 29, 2016 8:02 PM

Feb 2013
Probably just me, but I feel like the anime is just dragging on and on. Literally nothing happening until the last quarter of an episode. Also it's pretty disappointing that the Subaru went from fighting the badass Elsa to a mutt pup with a bold spot...
May 29, 2016 8:03 PM

Mar 2010
gabrielrroiz said:
Jagd84 said:

Were foreshadowed that he was curse by someone or something. Whether was by a human or not is irrelevant not does it effect the world building since learn exactly with curse him. Thus we know there creatures who inflict that. There rest pointless nitpicking that your shows your seriously your are grasping at straws.

and of course the countryside being filled with lots of demons is not a important aspect at all to foreshadow in previous episodes

No it isn't. Those dogs aren't even the main culprit nor is there a reason to care about what's in the forest because wasn't important until Subaru had to go there. He was already warned before went out there that monsters lurking around. Stop grasping a straws already.
May 29, 2016 8:03 PM

Jan 2011
Thai777 said:
Fappa said:

I thought it was the next day? Wasn't subaru bitten on the 3rd-4th day in every loop and died/got cursed the next day?
I think his fates got intertwined in one episode. At first he died before Rem came to kill him. The second time Rem killed him the moment his curse activated, so he assumed he was also killed first by some attacker. Next he found out it was Rem and secluded himself out of fear and heartbreak, avoiding the curse, but rem died due to having her mana drained from being bitten. He suicided and leaned at some point about shamans as well as priorities gaining eveyone's trust.
May 29, 2016 8:05 PM
Dec 2015
The pup with a bald spot most likely is controlled by a powerful magic user or is the user shape shifted into it.

I wonder what is roswaal relationship to Emilia such that he being the owner of the manor, decides to help Emilia. Hopefully they explain his background and not cut him off as he seems shady as heck!
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What happened to Emilia’s votes?

KillLaKillGOAT - May 29

7 by Phloup »»
May 29, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1373 by kakaronie »»
May 28, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1723 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 26, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

617 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 26, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

726 by AnimatedAddict »»
May 26, 3:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.