Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (124) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2015 1:00 PM

Jun 2014
Fullmetal89 said:

In the sense that Ging lectured him not to be so hard on himself, that Kite wasn't his fault etc. Gon basically said a similar thing to Kurapika about not living for vengeance or hating himself. I'll assume you read the Kurapika special arc.
It's like Ging had to remind Gon of what he should value, and his old principals. I didn't think that part was particularly bad, I thought it was decent closure overall for Gon's development up to that point.

Ah that, hmmm yeah the mention of Talk no Jutsu by Setsuko threw me a bit off since I thought he meant something along the lines of Gon being a villain which was restored to the right path or something

Except it's not the same thing though, Gon was depressed because he is partly responsible for Kite's death.They distracted him causing him to loose his hand. Je also decided to fight Pitou head-on mainly because he wanted to buiy them some time to run awy otherwie he would have probably fled (and with his two arms his might have had a chance of escaping Pitou). As you could see during the fight with Pitou, he was about as luch angry against Pitou as against himself. The parental recomfort was needed.

Kurapika's case is not the same since his hatred is entirely channeled towards the troupe which is what he devotes his whole life to which is what Gon was telling him about. Did Gon ever actually tell him that it's not his fault or something like that(which is what Ging did)?
Mar 12, 2015 1:09 PM

Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Agafin said:

Oooh, I never saw this. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you ever have the time to read all of it, then here's some wall of text for you.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1207197&show=500#msg37063789
I will particularly like to get your answers for questions 2 a,b,c and d.

Interesting.
What do you think then was Gon's initial plan? Without Komugi, everything kind of falls apart.

I have the impression that Gon was underestimating Pitou. He probably wanted to use Killua's lightning to paralyse her or while he weakens her with his RPS (kinda like against Rammot but a much more stronger version of that combo since they trained for one month). Although he probably had the idea of the vow since some time (there was even a slight foreshadow just before the invasion that he had some dark plan), I don't think it's something that he could just spam on the instant without some trigger (like confirmation of Kite's death) so a prior plan like what I mentioned was needed. Still, Pitou is strong, doubt it would have worked.
Mar 12, 2015 1:11 PM

Jun 2014
Fullmetal89 said:
Komugi did more for the human race in that arc than the entire Hunter association combined. .
Not really, Netero did more than her.
Mar 12, 2015 1:17 PM

Dec 2014
I am watching one piece, jokes always seem to be on male members. Does nami ever gets joked about, or gets her mouth shut by someone? She regularly insults the guys for comedy effect. Are there any jokes on robin, or does she stay 'cool' all the time?
Mar 12, 2015 1:27 PM

Jun 2012
cenkiss said:
I am watching one piece, jokes always seem to be on male members. Does nami ever gets joked about, or gets her mouth shut by someone? She regularly insults the guys for comedy effect. Are there any jokes on robin,or does she stay 'cool' all the time?

Mar 12, 2015 1:28 PM
Oct 2011
Agafin said:
Poor AoT can't be discussed in this thread since the whole show and any potential discussion about it is just one big spoiler. 2016 come faster :(
It's as bad as any of the "big 3".
Mar 12, 2015 1:28 PM
Dec 2013
cenkiss said:
Does nami ever gets joked about, or gets her mouth shut by someone?

No.

Are there any jokes on robin, or does she stay 'cool' all the time?

She stays cool all the time, AFAIK.
wildhoodMar 12, 2015 1:33 PM
Mar 12, 2015 1:32 PM

Oct 2013
Agafin said:
RedRoseFring said:

Interesting.
What do you think then was Gon's initial plan? Without Komugi, everything kind of falls apart.

I have the impression that Gon was underestimating Pitou. He probably wanted to use Killua's lightning to paralyse her or while he weakens her with his RPS (kinda like against Rammot but a much more stronger version of that combo since they trained for one month). Although he probably had the idea of the vow since some time (there was even a slight foreshadow just before the invasion that he had some dark plan), I don't think it's something that he could just spam on the instant without some trigger (like confirmation of Kite's death) so a prior plan like what I mentioned was needed. Still, Pitou is strong, doubt it would have worked.

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 12, 2015 1:36 PM

Jun 2014
soundscape said:

Killua just overdramatised the whole Gon wanting to take her alone. Sure, Gon took it very personal and somehow selfishly but he could still accept Killua's help as evidenced by the fact that he did call him when he went towards Pitou's room. I'm just speculating though.

Between, which one of the Gon/Pitou or Meruem/Komugi subplots did you enjoy more in the arc? Just curious.
Mar 12, 2015 1:36 PM

Dec 2014
JumpinJC said:
cenkiss said:
Does nami ever gets joked about, or gets her mouth shut by someone?

No.

She stays cool all the time, AFAIK.

Not even once? She is always a smartass? Not even by a villain?
Mar 12, 2015 1:38 PM

Jun 2012
cenkiss said:
Not even once? She is always a smartass? Not even by a villain?

She got out-witted by Eneru, and then had a facefault in the picture I linked earlier
Mar 12, 2015 1:44 PM

Feb 2013
cenkiss said:

in Robin's case, the hilarity mostly comes fro the fact that she acts "cool" and just how seriously she takes everythinin her not-so-serious surroundings
Mar 12, 2015 2:12 PM

Oct 2013
Agafin said:
soundscape said:

Killua just overdramatised the whole Gon wanting to take her alone. Sure, Gon took it very personal and somehow selfishly but he could still accept Killua's help as evidenced by the fact that he did call him when he went towards Pitou's room. I'm just speculating though.

Between, which one of the Gon/Pitou or Meruem/Komugi subplots did you enjoy more in the arc? Just curious.

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 12, 2015 2:17 PM

Oct 2011
Luffy really needs to put Nami in line, sometimes she acts like a total bitch and doesn't even respect him as captain.
Mar 12, 2015 2:30 PM

Feb 2013
Borgov said:
doesn't even respect him as captain.

Does Anyone??
Mar 12, 2015 2:52 PM

Sep 2012
Agafin said:

Everything is a character trait, yet, people complain when a character doesn't act in a coherent way but frankly in everyday life, who always act in a coherent way? Being hypocrite is OK, but it's just not a character trait that I like in someone that seem to hate it more when people are hypocritical that when they're actually bad guys. Everything he said to Nobunaga which was a really powerful scene seem totally petty after what he's done in CA. I only forgive that scene you showed in spoiler because it's mostly comedic, and not that important in the great scheme of things.
gedata said:

The events prior to this that made me think he would act differently was the Genthru situation. Gon had every reasons to despise this guy but didn't do anything to him because that would make him feel like a hypocrite after he became friends with Killua. Most of his defining and shining moments have been him going against some form of hypocrisy, so I really didn't expect him to say "FUCK" to everything he's stand for so far. And I didn't expect that because he was confronted with someone he thought was a hypocrite he would also react as a hypocrite in reaction.
Agafin said:
SetsukoHara said:

- What he said to Nobunaga. How can he threaten to kill Komugi after that?

Oooh, I never saw this. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you ever have the time to read all of it, then here's some wall of text for you.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1207197&show=500#msg37063789
I will particularly like to get your answers for questions 2 a,b,c and d.

I'm too old for an endless debate, I'm mostly here to present you my view. So, I'll answer your point very briefly. Plus it's not exactly the same argument, I'm not saying that Gon did anything wrong, I'm just saying
I think Gon is mostly a good guy, it's just that he doesn't judge people based on their morality, but mostly on feelings, but he will never do a bad action like killing someone unless he thought that person deserve it. I don't think any of it was a strategy, look at Gon's face when he threatened Komugi.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk5_rt0JUlohqeCPdwkEGt529rzrmKrA-GN1EJu8tyVG7PsY_OTVr4vfQ8

Togashi made it really clear to make us, the reader, think that Gon was serious with the way he portrayed it, and the lack of clear counter indication from the narrator or another character really make me believe he wasn't ready to do it.
Mar 12, 2015 3:04 PM

Sep 2012
cenkiss said:
Does nami ever gets joked about, or gets her mouth shut by someone? She regularly insults the guys for comedy effect.

She never gets beaten like the boys do, but her greediness is often a source of joke.
Borgov said:
Luffy really needs to put Nami in line, sometimes she acts like a total bitch and doesn't even respect him as captain.

She already got shushed!

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2387-17/one-piece/chapter-280.html
Mar 12, 2015 3:27 PM

Oct 2013
SetsukoHara said:

The only difference is that most characters usually adults have a developed personality (they have lived through things in life), Gon is a child and hasn't developed yet. So his hypocricy can't be out of character when he hasn't lived through a situation he knows nothing about emotionally.

Genthuru did nothing bad to someone Gon cared deeply about. His morals and views are childish and naive because he is a kid, his actions make perfect sense. CA arc was set partially for the reason of his development.
Mar 12, 2015 4:04 PM

Jan 2014
Agafin said:

RedRoseFringMar 12, 2015 4:11 PM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 12, 2015 6:17 PM

Jun 2011
Agafin said:
Wait, you haven't even watched anything Pre CA (from HxH 2011) and yet you always try to compare both versions and wonder why some like one over the other? How baseless could this be if you didn't even watch anything of what they both share? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.
I was actually comparing my experience when I watch both series, I was hooked on HxH 1999 but I wasn't feeling the CA arc in 2011 at all. What I was comparing was not scene to scene, but how well in my opinion the bloodier (darker) part of the story was animated, even though they're different cases. The story was alright, but it is often the pacing, directing, etc that just wasn't up to snuff. It's why I never compare them arc by arc like other people.

soundscape said:

Never felt cheap to me, because even in real life the most difficult thing to do before achieving anything is decision. Also it took meditation(which is essential for conjurers, in a sense he did train) and incredible focus for Kurapika to attain that power along with strong emotion/motivation/decision, and he sacrifices his life if he uses the power on anyone that isn't PT, thus gaining
"indestructible" chains against them, like focusing all your being in a single thing makes you more powerful. Not to mention it is a power system in a battle shounen, so comparatively to others it is far from cheap in my book.

I did specify that it's cheap in term of power standing. In context, it was emotional, because the characters had to sacrifice something in order to gain massive power, but out of context, it felt like a cheap way to power up, it is with a sacrifice but like I said again, in term of power standing, one who was fodderized before is fodderizing now after the power up.

Speaking of no consequences,
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 12, 2015 9:04 PM

Jun 2012
One Piece volume 77 cover revealed

I think this is the first volume since 42 with no Luffy on the cover
Mar 12, 2015 10:24 PM

Sep 2013
^ senor pink should be the one in that chair, smh :(

"Naruto" Manga Author Receives the New Face Award of Minister of Education Award for Fine Arts
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/12-1/naruto-manga-author-receives-the-new-face-award-of-minister-of-education-award-for-fine-arts
Mar 12, 2015 11:15 PM

Apr 2014
well i found this
Mar 12, 2015 11:47 PM

Jan 2014
ichii_1 said:

"Naruto" Manga Author Receives the New Face Award of Minister of Education Award for Fine Arts
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/12-1/naruto-manga-author-receives-the-new-face-award-of-minister-of-education-award-for-fine-arts

Congratz to Kishimoto!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 12, 2015 11:50 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
congrats of v3 guys

Kaimon said:
One Piece volume 77 cover revealed

I think this is the first volume since 42 with no Luffy on the cover

Thats pretty horrible quality
Mar 13, 2015 12:48 AM

Jun 2012
JOAOAA said:
Thats pretty horrible quality

Yeah it usually takes a few days or more for the hi-res versions to come out
Mar 13, 2015 3:27 AM

Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Agafin said:
Wait, you haven't even watched anything Pre CA (from HxH 2011) and yet you always try to compare both versions and wonder why some like one over the other? How baseless could this be if you didn't even watch anything of what they both share? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.
I was actually comparing my experience when I watch both series, I was hooked on HxH 1999 but I wasn't feeling the CA arc in 2011 at all. What I was comparing was not scene to scene, but how well in my opinion the bloodier (darker) part of the story was animated, even though they're different cases. The story was alright, but it is often the pacing, directing, etc that just wasn't up to snuff. It's why I never compare them arc by arc like other people.

soundscape said:

Never felt cheap to me, because even in real life the most difficult thing to do before achieving anything is decision. Also it took meditation(which is essential for conjurers, in a sense he did train) and incredible focus for Kurapika to attain that power along with strong emotion/motivation/decision, and he sacrifices his life if he uses the power on anyone that isn't PT, thus gaining
"indestructible" chains against them, like focusing all your being in a single thing makes you more powerful. Not to mention it is a power system in a battle shounen, so comparatively to others it is far from cheap in my book.

I did specify that it's cheap in term of power standing. In context, it was emotional, because the characters had to sacrifice something in order to gain massive power, but out of context, it felt like a cheap way to power up, it is with a sacrifice but like I said again, in term of power standing, one who was fodderized before is fodderizing now after the power up.

Speaking of no consequences,

So have you watched HxH2011 or not and how much of it? I am confused.

Again power standing or anywhere else it isn't cheap because of reason I already stated. The nakama power up out of nowhere is what is cheap. It is cheap when it isn't logically explainable,doesn't fit the power system and is an asspull. Not when it was well thought out and in line with the power system,you may not like it but that's a different thing.

Mar 13, 2015 3:32 AM

Oct 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Agafin said:

Mar 13, 2015 4:33 AM

Jun 2011
soundscape said:

Again power standing or anywhere else it isn't cheap because of reason I already stated. The nakama power up out of nowhere is what is cheap. It is cheap when it isn't logically explainable,doesn't fit the power system and is an asspull. Not when it was well thought out and in line with the power system,you may not like it but that's a different thing.

Started where after Gon and Killua got transported to "Ging", that's the beginning of CA, up until where Meruem started to feel something for Komugi, while Gon and co. were fighting fodder ants.

ToG25thBaamMar 13, 2015 9:05 AM
Mar 13, 2015 5:24 AM

Jan 2014
soundscape said:
RedRoseFring said:

"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 13, 2015 5:29 AM

Jun 2014
SetsukoHara said:
Everything is a character trait, yet, people complain when a character doesn't act in a coherent way but frankly in everyday life, who always act in a coherent way? Being hypocrite is OK, but it's just not a character trait that I like in someone that seem to hate it more when people are hypocritical that when they're actually bad guys. Everything he said to Nobunaga which was a really powerful scene seem totally petty after what he's done in CA. I only forgive that scene you showed in spoiler because it's mostly comedic, and not that important in the great scheme of things.

No, in real life people do have acoherent way of acting especially when they are adults. Of course if we talk about simple everyday stuff then they will definitely have random ways of acting but when it comes to more serious, then it's not true anymore. I mean, would it make sense for a normal individual who was always very gentle and caring to just kill a random bystander on the way for nothing at all? Of course no. hat's why during investigations they always try to find the motives of crimes, was it jealousy? was the person secretly a psycho? etc. The same is true with fiction. If a character does something out of character then a legit reason must be provided for that.

I don't even understand how he contradicted what he said to Nobunaga, care to explain? The hypocrisy I mentioned was relative to what he told Kurapika not Nobunaga. Wasn't he angry at Nobu because he cried for the loss of a friend despite all the innocent lives he took? Isn't that the same reaction he had with Pitou albeit more amplified?(being angry that she cares for Komugi despite what she did to Kite and all). Seems like a misunderstanding here so I'll wait for your clarification.

As for the rest of your post, well you said it yourself, there's no need for endless debates so I'll leave it at that but I've definitely understood your stance there at least.
Mar 13, 2015 6:08 AM

Jun 2014
Why is everyone using spoiler tags? O.o
RedRoseFring said:

You are making several assumptions here.

AgafinMar 13, 2015 6:13 AM
Mar 13, 2015 6:13 AM

Mar 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Mikasa said:
Speaking of plot holes, why can't Robin make hands inside bodies and have them explode?

Or rip their organs apart?
Has to be on a surface

Although she probably could used it more effectively with some imagination. Like growing arms on them and plucking their eyes out

Says who?

It's still plot hole-filled like you suggested.

Another thing is how Bleachbeard is tangible. It makes no sense, whatsoever. People basically turn themselves into sand, fire, whatever, making their bodies no longer existent, even if he can't do that, he can still shroud himself entirely in darkness and have it absorb everything, achieving the same effect.
End Zionazism
Mar 13, 2015 6:15 AM

Jun 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
inb4 tech
lel, one of the latest chapters had a mecha so your joke might not be so far from the truth.
Mar 13, 2015 6:42 AM

Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
soundscape said:

Started where after Gon and Killua got transported to "Ging", that's the beginning of CA, up until where Meruem started to feel something for Komugi, while Gon and co. were fighting fodder ants.

Now here is where I completely disagree and tend to believe that we actually have a different view on what is cheap. You believe that it was easy to power up like that whereas it is far from easy. I'll introduce a different point of view for you here...

It would be better if you actually finished the CA arc,so you could have a better view, but it's ok.

Mar 13, 2015 6:47 AM

Oct 2013
RedRoseFring said:
soundscape said:

Mar 13, 2015 9:20 AM

Jan 2015
At this point Togashi doesn't give a shit about the manga and the fans.

It has been months since his supposed injury and he has been taking his sweet time with the updates. Fuck this fat sack shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2015 9:35 AM

Jun 2011
soundscape said:

Now here is where I completely disagree and tend to believe that we actually have a different view on what is cheap. You believe that it was easy to power up like that whereas it is far from easy. I'll introduce a different point of view for you here...

It would be better if you actually finished the CA arc,so you could have a better view, but it's ok.

I added a spoiler tag for the last one.

I am not really motivated to complete the anime. I know it gets a lot better later on, but right now at the point where I am at, it's hard to get through. The manga is also on hiatus, which puts a damp on my interest.

Lahi said:

It has been months since his supposed injury and he has been taking his sweet time with the updates. Fuck this fat sack shit.
You should get used to it, if we're lucky he would release 2 months worth of chapters a year.[/spoiler]
Mar 13, 2015 9:38 AM

Jan 2014
soundscape said:

"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 13, 2015 10:11 AM

Oct 2013
RedRoseFring said:
soundscape said:

Mar 13, 2015 10:18 AM

Jan 2014
soundscape said:

"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 13, 2015 10:27 AM

Oct 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
soundscape said:

I added a spoiler tag for the last one.

I am not really motivated to complete the anime. I know it gets a lot better later on, but right now at the point where I am at, it's hard to get through. The manga is also on hiatus, which puts a damp on my interest.

Lahi said:

You should get used to it, if we're lucky he would release 2 months worth of chapters a year.[/spoiler]

I didn't want to bring OP in the discussion and I won't, this can go badly.

As I said Gon is like the 1% of the 1% of the whole population (in terms of talent, potential and will).
The fact that in HxH it is allowed this is true, it is its battle system but it is not allowed easily. You pointed out that it is cheap and as a main argument you point out because it is easy and anyone can do it, right? And I pointed it out that this is not true.

So if "easy" is not a criteria for you for something being cheap, can you please just clarify what is the primal criteria that you feel makes something is cheap?

Mar 13, 2015 10:28 AM

Oct 2013
RedRoseFring said:
soundscape said:

Mar 13, 2015 10:48 AM

Jan 2014
soundscape said:

"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 13, 2015 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
RedRoseFring said:
soundscape said:

Mar 13, 2015 11:03 AM

Sep 2013
Lahi said:

Man I'd even take scribbles at this point, just continue and let the anime fix the art and animation.
The volumes can be redrawn by her wife.
Mar 13, 2015 11:05 AM

Jan 2014
soundscape said:

"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 13, 2015 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
ichii_1 said:
Lahi said:

Man I'd even take scribbles at this point, just continue and let the anime fix the art and animation.

What anime? Hunter x Hunter 2027?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 13, 2015 11:50 AM

Jan 2014
geralt said:
ichii_1 said:

A man can hope, can't he?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Mar 13, 2015 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
geralt said:
ichii_1 said:

1 chapter has enough content for 1 ep and then some.
They can easily run both at the same time without catching up as long as chapters are released.
Pages (124) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Dumb narcissistic perverts is supposed to be funny? ( 1 2 )

Ri-KoRin - May 21

52 by Senpapi-sama »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime you liked more on second viewing

JoeChip - May 21

33 by Sean_Murray »»
19 minutes ago

» Will AI help reduce "crunch time" in the anime industry?

GoatPieceLuffy - Today

21 by zombie_pegasus »»
23 minutes ago

» Anime tropes you want to see more of

ST63LTH - May 13

23 by Zamus_Edits »»
28 minutes ago

» Which CHARACTERS do you think inspired others? (physically or personalitywise)

IpreferEcchi - Mar 11

34 by Lucifrost »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.