Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 30, 2014 2:10 AM

Aug 2008
Epic finale. Nice big dammed kiss. I liked the ending. It feels like the beginning of something. I'll be baaack! Sure hope so.
Dec 30, 2014 2:31 AM
Nov 2014
Holy shit, like the whole card game community were there. And good thing the king die, he was a useless moron anyway
Kaisar and Favaro having some limbs lost kinda depressing, well surviving like that has it costs I think
Dec 30, 2014 3:04 AM

Feb 2011
Damn, it's already over.
Dec 30, 2014 3:39 AM

Aug 2013
completesky said:
Rita best girl

^
Dec 30, 2014 3:50 AM

Nov 2012
It's a shame the second half of this show was significantly weaker than the first half. Ah well, we got what we got. Still a pretty good show overall. Something no one had expectations for actually ended up being one of the better shows this season.
Dec 30, 2014 3:54 AM

Apr 2014
AOTS, scratch it, AOTY along with Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso for me. This was such an awesome ride. 10/10, would definitely re-watch.
Dec 30, 2014 4:12 AM

Dec 2012
That was one really good ending I must say. I was surprised. For all the flaws this anime show has(specifically from episode 9 until 11. Those were badly written), the pros & this unexpectedly good ending overcome all of them. It was definitely not another" Chaika ending." I hope there will be a 2nd season(with more episodes than this one. I do not want another rushed story) not far in the future

A solid 8/10 from me. Well done, MAPPA.

P. S. Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis > the 1st cour of F/S N UBW by ufotable. Sorry, Fate series fans. I am truly sorry.
Pat_To_Do-ListDec 30, 2014 4:19 AM
I like anime.
Dec 30, 2014 4:37 AM

Jan 2013
The directing was so bad compared to its infinite budget, what a shame. It could've been much better.

The lesson is here: make a mobile game, grab money, make an animation without any budget problem. Also, choose a good director and writers.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 30, 2014 5:04 AM

Dec 2013
DawnJ said:
The directing was so bad compared to its infinite budget, what a shame. It could've been much better.

The lesson is here: make a mobile game, grab money, make an animation without any budget problem. Also, choose a good director and writers.

The writing could be questionable but it was directed pretty well.
Dec 30, 2014 5:15 AM
Nov 2014
God, that emptiness I felt after the end :'( I really want more of this show, more of these characters . Just what I suppose to do on Mondays from now on ?
Dec 30, 2014 6:06 AM

Sep 2014
What a fantastic Anime. Man, this was such a breath of fresh air. I loved t from start to finish. Spectacular ending, dat kiss, and everything in between. All in all, thanks for making my Mondays awesome, Bahamut. ;-;
Dec 30, 2014 6:39 AM

Apr 2013
Superb show. Love the world setting and characters, particularly Rita and Favaro, his serious x troll face too good. Want a season 2.
Dec 30, 2014 7:02 AM

Jun 2011
completesky said:
Rita best girl
Dec 30, 2014 7:23 AM

Mar 2013
This show was so good; I'm so happy that Favaro and Amira kissed for real and the ending scene was too good! I love Favaro and Kaisar's rivalry. I love the way they killed Lavalley, and Bahamut went down too easy; I'm sure there will be another season, and I can't wait!
Dec 30, 2014 7:38 AM

Apr 2013
It's been awhile since I saw this kind of ending.
And Favaro is so dandy with that beard.
Dec 30, 2014 7:43 AM

Oct 2013
the funny part is lucifer had just a tiny cameo. I thought he could have more scenes. ah, my bad boy. and azazel had his revenge.

wasn't too upset on amira's death.

the whole show was an amazing ride. truly enjoyed it until the end. will rewatch.

9/10
Dec 30, 2014 7:55 AM

Mar 2014
That was great but I suspect this yet that if S2 is happening I'm sure it will be better than S1

Dec 30, 2014 8:10 AM

Aug 2008
Hope to have season 2. Great anime.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 30, 2014 8:12 AM

Dec 2012
ChromiumSX said:
]One question how did Rita get her other arm back didn't she throw it and like gone or something ??

I think she could just make her arm flying back to her on its own.
One bigger & more important question, how did Favaro survive the explosion while falling & losing his leg?
I like anime.
Dec 30, 2014 8:16 AM
Nov 2014
ChromiumSX said:
That was great but I suspect this yet that if S2 is happening I'm sure it will be better than S1

I'm expecting totally the opposite, we all have bad experiences with the Part II thing, though I'll be really thankful if MAPPA manage to make a sequel that surpass the current season
Dec 30, 2014 8:36 AM

Jan 2011
This show had one of the best adventurous, fairy tale-like feelings in anime. It had angels, demons, dragons, bounty hunters and even zombies. The charactacters were likeable and the art was top notch. It was excellent , I hope they are going to expand its universe with a second season or a movie. It has large potential. 9/10...It needed more than just 12 episodes as it felt rushed towards the end. Anyways, I loved it.
Dec 30, 2014 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
You should've seen that one coming, stupid >>> me when Bahamut attacked Beelzebub. The king also got what he deserved. Favaro is back to normal!!! Even though they couldn't seperate Amira from him I found this to be a very satisfying ending and I'll definilty watch a second season of this if there is any.
Dec 30, 2014 11:10 AM

Apr 2013
4kicks said:
The thing that pissed me off most wasn't the predictable story, or cheesy rivalry/friendships, cringe-inducing forced romance between Favaro and Amira, or Amira disappearing along with Bahamut into another dimension... but the god awful character's hair styles.

That's why even for a short moment, I thoroughly enjoyed Favaro's disheveled hair (which reminded me a lot of Amuro from Gundam) instead of a stupid red afro, and Kaiser's hair down instead of a pompous pompadour.
if you cant go past hairstyles to enjoy an anime you're living a sad life.
DawnJ said:

the directing was bad? its actually impressive how they managed to fit all this content in this little amount of episodes without any hiccups other than lucipher not appearing more than once.
Dec 30, 2014 12:56 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So after marathoning this today I gotta say that while it didn't exactly blow me away, this is probably a somewhat underrated series in the end. Taking into consideration that this anime is based on a card game, it's actually pretty impressive. For just 12 episodes it's also one of the more epic stories I've seen in a while. That being said I would've loved to see a 2-cour for this instead, seems like there were way more things that could have been explored as well.
Dec 30, 2014 1:36 PM

Jan 2014
The art was so great as always , I enjoyed this show and I think it deserves a 8/10.
Dec 30, 2014 1:39 PM

Oct 2011
Such a great show, and Favaro was a straight up bad ass here! That moment him and Amira had was awesome too.
Dec 30, 2014 1:52 PM

Jul 2009
OMG Kaisar with the hair down was so hot! Really, he should always use it that way! Favaro also looked better with his hair down.
The kiss was sweet, bad she died (?, or disappeared). And Rita were awesome! I was shipping she and Kaisar but in the end we didn't see her =/
Kaisar would be bored being a knight, without Favaro around.
Pretty good, one of the best animes of the season! 9/10

Any chance for a 2nd season?
Dec 30, 2014 1:59 PM

Dec 2012
Well that was certainly a godly way to wrap up an epic of this magnitude. As the OP mentioned, MAPPA deserves some serious recognition for pumping out an anime original of this caliber (and they have another one still going to boot!). Bahamut (and Garo) is the prime example of CGI done right. Given its already unique art style, it fit in well and only complimented all of the cosmological & awesome action.

It's been a fun ride, about as fun as riding horses on the rooftops of an Italian city. This really had everything going for it - an engaging story of prophecy and fate, memorable characters who each brought something fresh and authentic to the show(especially Favaro, what a hoot!), a great world along with lore that is all too familiar, and completely immersing battles. The swordplay, particularly in this episode, had me replaying scenes again and again.

It's a shame that this was only 12 episodes, but even then it managed to tell a full and gripping tale in that time, leaving room for more but not necessitating it. "I'll be back!" I certainly hope so, I'd definitely like to see more dealing with this series.

8/10, I can't say that this was AOTS for me or anything I'd put on a pedestal, but it was a load of fun and was a nice break from my usual season picks. And with Bahamut over, I'm now going to Bahamut to the max with Garo in the meantime.
Dec 30, 2014 4:01 PM

Nov 2011
2nd half was a disaster but 1st half was good enough to see it through in my book.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 30, 2014 4:41 PM
Dec 2014
I didn't see many characters from the game to be honest besides Bahamut and Cerberus (red hair dog girl), Bahamut only being for a five minute intro and a whole episode, and Cerberus being for two quick appearances along with the demons. Other than that though, decent story and great character development, didn't really like the art but that's mostly due to my taste, would agree on comments that the antagonists could've had better motives and development though.
Dec 30, 2014 4:44 PM

May 2013
And the finale brings it back home after a few 'okay' episodes. Good work MAPPA.

Overall, lovely show. Loony swashbuckling fun with a cast of characters that I really grew quite fond of. I even really like Amira, despite not liking that she was the focus of the plot -- she's far too simple a character to really get dramatically and emotionally invested in. Just give me her innocent ditzy hedonistic self to bounce off of the other highly distinctive characters and I'll be pleased as punch.

Here's hoping for a sequel.
Dec 30, 2014 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
Best anime adaptation of a game ever, period. And I didn't even played the game...
Dec 30, 2014 5:20 PM

Feb 2013
That ending was classic as fuck. I loved the animation especially on the way and on Bahamut. Hnggg. My favorite parts were when the guy ate the thing, Favaro casually chopping an arm off, and Fava beans and Amira reuniting. I wish there was a nice ending showing all four of them together again ;_;

Also damn if we didn't get glimpses of a bunch of awesome looking characters. The world of Bahamut has always felt really cool and interesting
Dec 30, 2014 6:03 PM

Aug 2010
That kiss made everything okay.
Dec 30, 2014 6:36 PM

Jun 2014
Very good anime. Loved the main characters. Good story and an excellent ending. The visuals, OP and ED were great too! One of the best anime this year! In the end we saw a " I'll be back" card, so I'm hoping for a second season!

9/10
Dec 30, 2014 6:54 PM

Sep 2010
Awesome show, really.

I loved every episode, even tho sometimes it felt like it went too fast (especially the last episodes) still I enjoyed it.

Sad to see Amira die, I want her in more episodes using her demon powers :P

Hope there'll be a 2nd season.

9/10
Dec 30, 2014 7:02 PM
Jul 2014
a good studio, a good plot, a good artwork.
all i can say, everything is perfect.

"I'll be back" this ambigu wish like what it said.

all i can assume if there is S2, that Amira is alive reborned and was named a god, and come with another new main heroine replacing Amira.

10/10, nah, cz this season full of "chopped off hand and replaced with artificial one", final score is 9/10.
Dec 30, 2014 7:35 PM

Jul 2011
Season 2 needs to happen!!!
Dec 30, 2014 8:00 PM

Jun 2012
This anime would've benefitted greatly from 24 episodes to really set the tone. I think we transitioned from silly adventures to the main plot a tad too soon and that didn't allow any of the characters aside from Favaro, Kaiser and Amira to be fleshed out. If this ever gets a manga adaptation, I'm in.
Dec 30, 2014 11:47 PM

Nov 2013
This series was fantastic, easily one of the best of the year. The mythology and the world were just beyond captivating, the characters were very likable and the art is some of the best I've seen right up there with ufotable standards. Now that this and F/SN have finished I don't think I've felt a void this big before.

Final Score: 8-9/10
Dec 31, 2014 12:56 AM

Jan 2011
man were those first few episodes real good the rest is debatable at least for me main characters were nice too, 7-8 /10 will gladly watch a 2nd season was shocked when i found out it was only 12 instead of 24!
Dec 31, 2014 3:08 AM

Apr 2012
blah wish it was 24 episodes
likable characters, the art and animation is pretty stunning, but the story is above average at best.

8/10 maybe a 9

Dec 31, 2014 7:15 AM

Jun 2013
-Stunning art and animation, especially the characters design, but the CG was unbearable,
-The plot is so so,
-The duo mcs were great, the side casts were meh, but the villains... unbelievably terrible,
-Mixed feeling in its direction, there were some great to horrible executed ones. Being a 12 episodes show can't really be an excuse,
-Enjoyment of course.. I found the first half much more entertaining.

6/10 for now.
Dec 31, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2008
My 100th TV anime series completed!

Epic story, memorable soundtrack, amazing quartet (Favaro, Kaisar, Amira and Rita)

9/10
Dec 31, 2014 8:27 AM

Oct 2011
I enjoyed the show generally but let me go in detail with all the things that I felt this episode did wrong/didn't cover/missed the ball on:

-Satan was no where to be seen. Beelzebub took the reins while the true ruler of hell is still there. The fact that Beelzebub was able to tell the angels and demons he wants his name etched in their memory, is indicative of the lack of respect for the real lord
-Lavalley pushes Kaiser off edge of the building and conveniently Rita is there to pick him up. That hippogriff thing she was riding came from where exactly?
-So Bacchus is a god that hands out rewards for bounties. Yet Martinet calls him the "illustrious god".
-Beelzebub getting taken out without showing us what he can do from a power perspective.
- Azazel killing Beelzebub was lame. He wanted his revenge against Beelzebub and Kaiser, yet he spares Kaizer from death but kills Beelzebub. He should have waited him to just die and spit out words at him or something. Killing a defenseless person isn't the way to get revenge, especially when Bahamut did 90% of the job.
-Michael kissing Jeanne was random and unnecessary and rather stupid. Michael used countless humans in the past to do his bidding in the name of the Gods but for some reason Jeanne is special. She kills two of his angel allies and stabs him but why the hell not, give her the antidote by kissing her.
-Jeanne should have died. She lost her demon powers and Michael died midway through the fall but yet she survives the fall a-ok.
- Are we really expected to believe Rita threw the antidote ball and Michael was able to catch it? Like seriously? The fact that Rita threw it in the first place in that situation was stupid enough but a heavenly god just happened to lounging around was able to catch it is absurd.
-Martinet/Lavalley's entire modus operandi for reviving Bahamut is strange. So he did all this just to destroy the world because he likes the idea of all humanity being wiped out. Seems forced.
-Favaro should have died by the arrow wound
-The idea of a full powered demon Favaro loses to Kaiser is just not believable. Didn't Favaro beat Kaiser a couple of times before hand? Now that he is a demon he loses to an arrow to the chest?
-Speaking of demon of Favaro, the writers were really cheesy in the portrayal. So red eyes and his hair has two pointy hair horns signify he is a demon? No extra powers, no new abilities but just aesthetics.
-Jeanne in her demon form was a major disappointment. So all she did was swing her sword around and summon one monster that can fly. Smh. Where are the beams of energy and where is the destruction ?
-Cerberus was there.....why? None of her powers were shown in the entire season and she was there for tits and ass.
-The amount of gods that get no backstory in this is hilarious and same could be said about the demons. Just placed as filler.
-Remember how 2000 years ago the demon king and the heavenly god worked together to join forces to defeat Bahamut in an epic fashion? Ya where was that? Making random demons and random angels work together to make barriers doesn't cut it.
-Bahamut stayed in one spot the entire time
-So how exactly does Kaiser's demon bracelet work exactly? Do you have to be in a certain range to use it or do you just have to face the opposing demon to take it out? Seriously. Couldn't the bracelet work itself when Lavalley was holding onto Kaiser's head? This actually opens up a discussion as to why Favaro had to weaken the demons in the first couple of episodes, when in this episode it showed all you have to do is hold the bracelet in front of the enemy and it will be defeated
-Kaiser was able to hold on to Favaro using one arm and stub of his other arm
-Amira kissing Favaro was predictable and cliche. Maybe if this was 24 episodes to show buildup and actual romance between the two it would actually work well. In episode 9 the guy was annoyed with her for acting like a child yet 3 episodes later they are kissing each other.
-So if Amira kisses Favaro and she has the mind of a child, wouldn't Favaro be a sex criminal?
-Amira was emotionally stunted but yet knew when to kiss a man. Funny how in the first couple of episodes she acted like a child but in that moment she acted like a women.
-Conveniently the place Hamsa was able to drop Favaro and Kaiser was also the same place that Bahamut had a seal on his head
-Favaro survived the explosion
-Conveniently when Favaro was dropped in front of Bahamut's right eye, Amira was able to walk out. Would have sucked if he fell in front of the left eye
-I thought once you destroy Bahamut he would be sealed away immediately (like he did 2000 years ago) but as we can see there was enough of a lag period, where Favaro can have a chat and kiss. Gotta love conveniences.
-Why did Jeanne cut her hair?
-Jeanne mentioned that Favaro was the legendary holy knight, ignoring the fact that she was supposed to be executed, you would think she would tell everyone and Favaro would be in her position right now. But no, he is still a bounty hunter.
- Ending didn't include these characters/situations and their whereabouts: Rita, Hamsa, Bacchus, Azazel, Cerberus, the state of heaven, the state of hell, Satan, damages to the surrounding area that Bahamut incinerated, Jeanne's execution, the new king and what Favaro is up to.

Still enjoyed it but those last couple of episodes had a lot of problems. If this was 24 episodes, I think this could be a top 50 anime on MAL but sadly the rushed pacing, ridiculous plot lines, conveniences up the ass and missed opportunities really hurt the show. Still with all the problems, this is 7/10.
GovDec 31, 2014 8:54 AM
Dec 31, 2014 9:23 AM

Jul 2014
What a show. That was a great ending!!!! What a journey.

@ Last comment, quick nitpicking all the details of an anime. You're complaining about a god picking up an antidote? Are you sh*tting me?
Dec 31, 2014 10:17 AM

Jul 2014
Hm, many viewers say that Michael kissing Jeanne was out of place or unexpected, but I think that it had been shown on several occasions through show, that he liked her a lot, more than it was usual for the angels.

Darkdrone said:

To be honest many of your points were explained during the show.
Dec 31, 2014 10:25 AM

Apr 2013
Darkdrone said:
-Satan was no where to be seen. Beelzebub took the reins while the true ruler of hell is still there. The fact that Beelzebub was able to tell the angels and demons he wants his name etched in their memory, is indicative of the lack of respect for the real lord
Satan is dead.. you're thinking of Lucipher.. too many points to counter but most of the stuff you mentioned is based on opinions so I'll avoid a shitty debate.
Dec 31, 2014 11:25 AM

Oct 2011
TheIMF said:
This anime would've benefitted greatly from 24 episodes to really set the tone. I think we transitioned from silly adventures to the main plot a tad too soon and that didn't allow any of the characters aside from Favaro, Kaiser and Amira to be fleshed out. If this ever gets a manga adaptation, I'm in.

That is what I been saying for a while but hey you can't change the past.
Dec 31, 2014 2:38 PM

Nov 2014
hoootie said:
6/10 overall

Like most people said, started strongly and then lost it.

They tried to make a huge epic tale, but the small details were missed. The story was really shallow, with many events unexplained. The antagonist was the "I'm evil I want to see the world burn" type, which is boring again. Some moments were random as hell, like jean attacking the cart instead of killing off the angels who focus on bahamut, ADD much.

The animation was fluid though, and the music.. eh it was alright I guess.

Overall a massive plot that ended up being really weak and on the surface. Just cool action scenes that's all. Most side characters had no progressions as well. Guess 12 episodes is just not enough for a plot like this.

I don't know how you think this is better than F/SN ^^

AWESOME
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

149 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.