Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 30, 2014 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
Touka said:
The writing is pretty diabolical. Ryoko's character motivation is nonsensical; the development is so strained. The dialogue is painful at times, too. The dad says it's okay to feel safe now because there "aren't as many" murders. Well, great. I didn't know not as many was the same as none. And the mum says her child doesn't care about his parents because he changed his mind about the holiday and told them it would be good to get some relaxation time. What? Then she says it's like he's not her son anymore because "he's changed." What a shit mum. But nothing tops Ryoko. I'm going to kill you now. Oh, wait. No I'm not. Ugh. Poor adaptation, or are the characters in the manga also this dull?

This is what i meant by generic monster of the week shounen elements.
Oct 30, 2014 6:48 PM

Aug 2014
Shinichi is so badass. Unlike a certain spineless little bitch, the guy can overcome hsi fears when he needs too.

Still, a mother knows Shinichi. A Mother knows. This show provided an example that no matter what, a mother will always know.

Also, Migi looked somewhat cute during that little separation bit. Kinda like a little dog, if not a little creepy with the eyes
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Oct 30, 2014 6:51 PM

Aug 2014
that beginning xD
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Oct 30, 2014 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
The whole "a mother knows" concept is romanticized fantasy and honestly kind of stupid.

I can understand ryokos mother knowing, since she was being stoic and not responding like a human being, but shinichi's parents behavior so far has been retarded.
Oct 30, 2014 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
Godtier_Taste said:
Gah... Damn! Shinichi's mom turn me on.

i agree.

shes kind got this homely rape-able look to her. its pretty sexy.
Oct 30, 2014 9:41 PM

Apr 2014
Nice Episode.
Oct 30, 2014 9:41 PM

Aug 2012
schmoopsie said:
I wonder if she can give herself a c section :^)
Why the fuck would you wonder that?
Oct 30, 2014 10:21 PM

Sep 2013
SolvitePriest said:
Godtier_Taste said:
Gah... Damn! Shinichi's mom turn me on.

i agree.

shes kind got this homely rape-able look to her. its pretty sexy.

She's "meh" at best, would btchslap her out of the way if she came on to me, if she was a loli thou :O 11/10
Oct 30, 2014 11:12 PM

May 2014
Mom: Shinichi yelled at me...
Dad: Was he spanking the monkey?
Mom: look of realization on her face

That was probably the best part of this episode, also, that animation quality seems to have gone down, if only by a little.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Oct 30, 2014 11:36 PM

Oct 2011
Dat battle 0______0

Whipping each other OMG.

Mother death flag?
Oct 31, 2014 1:43 AM

Oct 2013
surely the mum didnt buy that. hopefully
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 31, 2014 2:41 AM

Oct 2009
What I learned today in this forum:

SolvitePriest is a grownup baby, who complains about everything, and despite that, he implies that other people are immature.
Next time can you please not spam the whole forum? Every 5th post is yours.
Now come on m8, Im sure you have better things to do.

Or atleast learn to argue, most of your arguments go like this:
" I'll pretend he used ad hominem, when he actually didn't and will reply with ad hominem, that will show him xDD "
Gib [img] plz
Oct 31, 2014 4:49 AM

Sep 2013
Well that was intense. I kinda feel dumb for just noticing this now, but based on the OP, it seems Shinichi's mother is an alien or will be "hosted " in the future.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 31, 2014 5:02 AM
Mar 2014
tery999 said:

SolvitePriest is a grownup baby, who complains about everything, and despite that, he implies that other people are immature.

" I'll pretend he used ad hominem, when he actually didn't and will reply with ad hominem, that will show him xDD "

how dare people have different standards and voice their opinions respectively? also for future reference bringing up logical fallacies just makes your argument look useless
Oct 31, 2014 6:39 AM

Sep 2013
Based Dad better not die, but i have a feeling the mom might thanks to the opening.
Oct 31, 2014 6:40 AM
Nov 2010
Almost exactly like the manga, don't see what's to complain about.
Oct 31, 2014 7:13 AM

Dec 2011
Those attacks were freaking fast and impressive to be honest.

Dat blood loss doe...

So Tamiya-sensei was the one to finish A-san off in the end.

Damn, a directive that said "devour this species", I wonder who gave them that directive...

Rather interesting that Ryoko's mother recognized that her daughter was no more.

LOL, Migi detached Shinichi's whole left arm and went dog mode by wandering around the room XD.

Shinichi really is changing... and he wasn't spanking the monkey XD.

At least he kinda managed to get things back to normal with his mother.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 31, 2014 7:43 AM
Jan 2014
SolvitePriest said:
Touka said:
The writing is pretty diabolical. Ryoko's character motivation is nonsensical; the development is so strained. The dialogue is painful at times, too. The dad says it's okay to feel safe now because there "aren't as many" murders. Well, great. I didn't know not as many was the same as none. And the mum says her child doesn't care about his parents because he changed his mind about the holiday and told them it would be good to get some relaxation time. What? Then she says it's like he's not her son anymore because "he's changed." What a shit mum. But nothing tops Ryoko. I'm going to kill you now. Oh, wait. No I'm not. Ugh. Poor adaptation, or are the characters in the manga also this dull?

This is what i meant by generic monster of the week shounen elements.

I understand what you mean by shonen bullshit, but i think it it's much deeper than what you see on the surfes if you put your mind in to it.
Oct 31, 2014 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
I'm so scared for Shinichi's parents. I feel something bad's gonna happen.
This show's scary but then trows a "Maybe he was spanking the monkey" at us x)
This is getting really interesting and I'm happy there's so many more episodes to come.
Oct 31, 2014 8:23 AM
May 2013
Is it just me but Shinichi seems so weak in both psychologically and physically?? I hope that he will turn out bad-ass soon coz I'm tired of watching anime with main character that always cry or shocked or terrified (mirai nikki, yes... its a good story but I honestly hate the main char). BTW: have not read any of the manga of this series yet...
Oct 31, 2014 8:25 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode as usual for this series. Mr A didn't see that pipe attack coming. LOL @ spank the monkey joke made by the father.
Oct 31, 2014 8:35 AM
Jul 2014
Really enjoying the series so far but don't care for any of the characters tbh, so bland, MC just seems like a shitty and uninteresting person in general.
Oct 31, 2014 9:33 AM

Jul 2013
Why do I get the vibe that the parents won't be making it back? I REALLY DONT WANT THAT
But great fight at the start, Migi's plan worked perfectly. Love the OST
Oct 31, 2014 9:50 AM

May 2014
This is getting more and more interesting :D Migi is trying to reproduce a gun ** and Ryouko learns more about humans. I really hope she will become good. I also have the feeling A survived..
I hope we get to see more Satomi in the next episode that girl is hiding something
Oct 31, 2014 12:26 PM

Sep 2013
Mom power!
Oct 31, 2014 3:51 PM

Mar 2013
Fight scene was good but end fast,
Shinichi almost get caught so many time,
love is parents with everything that happened around
Im happy that they leave to this trip (dont want to see them die).

Migi made a gun :P
Oct 31, 2014 3:52 PM

Jan 2013
sevendeadlywins said:
tery999 said:

how dare people have different standards and voice their opinions respectively? also for future reference bringing up logical fallacies just makes your argument look useless

he just insulted me as proof that nobody is using ad hominem
Oct 31, 2014 8:10 PM

Jul 2009
thegamesfan510 said:
Is it just me but Shinichi seems so weak in both psychologically and physically?? I hope that he will turn out bad-ass soon coz I'm tired of watching anime with main character that always cry or shocked or terrified (mirai nikki, yes... its a good story but I honestly hate the main char). BTW: have not read any of the manga of this series yet...
He does seem more wimpy than his portrayal in the manga. That and the unnecessary change to a modern setting instead of being set in the 80's/early 90's are the only things that have been disappointing to me so far. Shinichi still has plenty of time to develop though.
Oct 31, 2014 8:27 PM
Jun 2013
Well..that was boring.
Oct 31, 2014 8:31 PM
Nov 2010
thegamesfan510 said:
BTW: have not read any of the manga of this series yet...

There's your problem.

He's the same as in the manga, the big glasses just make him look nerdy and he will lose them in time like the OP shows.

The show is 99% like the manga. The only serious change is the modern setting... and dubstep.
Nov 1, 2014 2:28 AM

Sep 2012
This is getting more interesting. Nice battle, but it just last for a while.
I thought that the scar of Shinichi's mom is because of a parasyte or something like it, but no. That flashback was cute though.
What if Shinichi kill Migi when he's separated from his body, will he die or can he kill him? This is a cool twist.
What will Ryoko do after her child born?
Nov 1, 2014 3:37 AM

Mar 2008
that reasoning/logic is beyond stupid, feels like it's taken out of a cheap horror movie.."not as many people getting murdered anymore, best time to go on a trip and leave our only son alone and place ourselves in danger" =_=
Nov 1, 2014 6:20 AM
Jun 2014
precious said:
that reasoning/logic is beyond stupid, feels like it's taken out of a cheap horror movie.."not as many people getting murdered anymore, best time to go on a trip and leave our only son alone and place ourselves in danger" =_=

Its explained better in the manga. Basically theres pretty much no reports of murders in the countryside. And the killings seem to have died down overall. Its still a bit odd to leave your son alone in times like that but i assume they think its ok because they dont think he will be out late at night or something. They assume he will be safe because everyone thinks its humans doing the murders.
Nov 1, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2008
SolvitePriest said:

like seriously, in the second gif neither of them is even moving.

Thats how it was in the manga as well. The human bodies aren't doing the fighting, the monsters are. I thought the plan was to use this as an advantage because the parasyte thought nothing of the human and it lead to his defeat as Shinichi did eventually move in for the kill which was unexpected to the monster.

SolvitePriest said:
Cant wait to see which Monster Shinichi fights in the next exciting episode of PARASYTE ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,

They really fooled the audience with that ending in this episode I see.
Nov 1, 2014 3:18 PM

Oct 2014
Interesting episode. I wasn't expecting Ryouko to jump ship so quickly. It felt kind of forced, but I guess that partially has to do with what she is. Since she isn't exactly "human," you can't expect her to respond to things the way a normal human would. She doesn't come across as a true villain to me at the moment either. Maybe I'll end up liking her in the end? I don't know. It's still a bit too early to tell at this point.
Nov 1, 2014 5:22 PM

Oct 2013
"What, was he spanking the monkey or something?"
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

In other news, I see Solvite is making a habit of frequenting the message boards for every popular anime of the season just to trash it and talk about how generic it is. Cool shit.

Why are people even talking about generic battle shounen as if they're trash? They may not be the best thing in the world, but there's some merit to be found in flashy battles, over the top music, and a colossal cast of characters.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 1, 2014 6:02 PM

Feb 2013
The lesson of today's episode: Moms know when you're hiding something!
Nov 2, 2014 6:15 AM

Apr 2009
the music is pretty annoying.
not much horror left.
just my opinion.
Nov 2, 2014 1:47 PM

Oct 2014
I am really loving it.
Hope mama and papa are ok, I really don't understand why he left them go, even if migi told him, I wouldn't trust his word that much after all they are emotionless beings.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 3, 2014 6:44 AM

Sep 2011
Ryouko was like yeah fu*k you too mr. a~ BOOM! The parasyte is an intelligent creature but not perfect they do some rly stupid shi* sometimes that almost blow their cover & ->wheres the hell is the FBI!!
Nov 3, 2014 8:04 AM

Oct 2014
cyborgneko999 said:
Ryouko was like yeah fu*k you too mr. a~ BOOM! The parasyte is an intelligent creature but not perfect they do some rly stupid shi* sometimes that almost blow their cover & ->wheres the hell is the FBI!!

MMmmm, in USA????
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 3, 2014 2:40 PM

Dec 2013
Finally someone made the long overdue masturbation joke.
Nov 4, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2014
The spanking the monkey line cracked me up..
---------My Profile------------
Nov 6, 2014 6:44 AM

Mar 2013
I dont think that the accident that happen to Shinichi mother (with her hand)
was Shinichi fault, who put hot oil on such a high place known that there
is a kid in the house, its like it meant to happen.
but her reaction when it happen show just how good mother is she.
Nov 8, 2014 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
This eyes
Heh...
Nov 9, 2014 4:45 AM

Feb 2014
OMG, spanking the monkey
:)
Nov 18, 2014 9:22 PM

Mar 2013
The fight scene was lame. Crazy that Migi can detach.
Nov 18, 2014 10:11 PM

Mar 2008
Just about 0 effective horror and psychological elements plus a crappy, childish soundtrack. Oh boy, Madhouse, what happened?
Nov 27, 2014 9:53 PM

Jan 2011
I'll say what is nice and refreshing about this anime is that the parents are actually in the protagonist's life and not off the face of the earth that is anywhere but their home.
It'd just be so messed up if his parents were killed or eaten all of a sudden.

Edit:... wtf
SacredFactorNov 27, 2014 10:18 PM
Nov 28, 2014 5:37 AM

Feb 2013
"spanking the monkey" ahah that is quality.
Death flag for parents.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

310 by JamesYukiNoriaki »»
Sep 20, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

660 by NuCleus343 »»
Sep 17, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2014

422 by rrel »»
Sep 11, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

640 by Flamestriker101 »»
Aug 25, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2015

315 by mery_san »»
Aug 23, 5:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.