Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 3, 2009 6:26 AM

Feb 2009
I liked this episode, but Mikage's death didn't bother me at all.
They could've done it way more beautiful. I didn't even feel sorry for Teito.
Jun 3, 2009 6:40 AM

Dec 2008
noteDhero said:
I may still hang on, robbydesu, but this episode really tested my patience. I don't know what to expect the show to do to get me to like it, but fixing the pace would be a great start. We're almost halfway through and I don't really know what this show is about: just Mikage or the 7 Ghosts. We've only had one appearance of the ghosts, and Mikage almost refuses to ask anyone at the church if they remember him.
Yea the pace is terrible, believe it or not, right now we're only in the 7th chapter of the manga. 7th!! It's quite sad...it is almost halfway :(. If my predications of where the anime is ending is correct, the pace is going to be either the same or even slower >< yikes.

As for the story-line itself, I'm not even quite sure myself. So far, only 39 translated chapters are out and there's a lot of mystery behind Teito and 7 Ghosts, etc. But bit by bit we learn something about each character. In my opinion, I think the general storyline is about Teito's growth and him finding out about his past.

On an optimistic note, my complaints about the flashback of Teito randomly killing people turns out to be not anime original. Something similar to that scene appeared for the first time in chapter 39 :D it's very interesting. There's apparently a little more to Teito's past surrounding the army :P..
Jun 3, 2009 7:18 AM

Dec 2008
I bet gay people love this show.

Too many man-crushes for my taste. But now Mikage is dead, it's all good.
Next episode looks like it might be a good one.
Hope Teito can beat some people on his own the next few episodes.
Jun 3, 2009 7:23 AM

Dec 2008
Alsun said:

Too many man-crushes for my taste.
Ugh, the ignorance! Why do I even bother =__=;;.
Jun 3, 2009 8:03 AM

May 2008
noteDhero said:
Borderline bad episode. Mikage gets reborn as a pink flying rabbit? Promise collar? We're getting into some weird shounen-ai fantastical reverse harem territory here.

You read my thoughts
Jun 3, 2009 9:04 AM

Aug 2008
Alsun said:

Yeah...I'm gay, and, well, you see how I feel about it.
This is directed much more at girls than guys.
Jun 3, 2009 9:10 AM

Oct 2007
nice episode but Mikage as pet gay is not in my taste... ah whatever i can handle it if the show will be good enough to watch.
Jun 3, 2009 10:04 AM
Oct 2008

D'awwww! How cute <3 :'(
Jun 3, 2009 10:06 AM

Dec 2008
MissIngenious said:

D'awwww! How cute <3 :'(
I second that!! *tears up* <3
Jun 3, 2009 10:16 AM

Sep 2007
Best 07-Ghost ep I've watched in a while

the pace was actually ok for once and I did not have a "Did I just watch a bloody episode or a 10 minute teaser?" feeling that I usually get watching this

But next week it looks like it's going back to SUPER SLOW again xp
((maybe I should try putting this on stall for a few weeks and watch a whole bunch of them in a row several weeks later...might help fix that^ problem))

For some reason....I felt that they could've done a slightly better job revealing Burupya though...I dunno......Him crawling/running around in the open while in the middle of them explaining "him" kinda....took the drama/surprise out of the scene that I was kinda anticipating in the preview from the last ep....

And the Eye of Mikhail sequence...GAH! so short...it possess him and all it rambles about is "REMOVE COLLAR!!"...some other one-line nonsense....then it goes 'zzzzz' again....
uh...right.....thanks for popping out to do that......

Speaking of that collar....what's with the tame-sounding name of "Promise collar" When it's a creepy-looking eyeball that can bite people?
I feel kinda like something seems to have been lost in translation or something?...lol?
IkanoJun 3, 2009 10:22 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 3, 2009 10:19 AM
May 2008
I just realized how good of a series 07 Ghost actually is after watching the abomination that is Kurokami The Animation. As for this episode it was probably the best so far imo, or at least out of the past few episodes. A decent amount of information was added in this episode which was nice from the recently stagnant episodes (story wise).
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 3, 2009 10:27 AM

Apr 2007
I loved this episode. Best one so far! I guess this show is more shounen-ai than I thought. Doesn't bother me at all hohoho...

Jun 3, 2009 10:33 AM

Sep 2007
You can never have enough yakisoba! 'Kay so, what's the actual story about? Can we delve into it a little more quickly? =/
Jun 3, 2009 10:52 AM

Dec 2008
Iriya said:
You can never have enough yakisoba! 'Kay so, what's the actual story about? Can we delve into it a little more quickly? =/
LOL yea, I thought that additional flashback was adorably hilarious XD Yakisoba yakisoba yakisoba!! <3

And I don't think the pace is going to get any quicker :(...but please don't drop it ><!
Jun 3, 2009 11:06 AM

Dec 2007
Hah, I watched it again. Still made me cry. ;_;

The whole thing about yakisoba was funny though. And adorable <3

Oh, does anyone catch the phrase that Frau keeps saying? Something like: "Kisama ni kami no *something*". I don't really get the last word. Could it be goukagou, koukagou or something else? o_o
Jun 3, 2009 11:10 AM

Dec 2008
Sporkness said:

Oh, does anyone catch the phrase that Frau keeps saying? Something like: "Kisama ni kami no *something*". I don't really get the last word. Could it be goukagou, koukagou or something else? o_o
Sounds like "Goukagou" to me...but I dunno if that's a word XD sorry~ Btw, love your name and avatar, so cute!
Jun 3, 2009 11:13 AM

Dec 2007
robbydesu said:
Sporkness said:

Sounds like "Goukagou" to me...but I dunno if that's a word XD sorry~ Btw, love your name and avatar, so cute!

Thank you <3

Yeah, it seems like goukagou to me as well, but I can't find it in dictionaries. =_=
Jun 3, 2009 11:14 AM

Dec 2008
Sporkness said:
robbydesu said:
Sporkness said:

Thank you <3

Yeah, it seems like goukagou to me as well, but I can't find it in dictionaries. =_=
Me too XD I looked it up and I was like o___o...doesn't...exist? It's probably a verb that's not in it's original form...?
Jun 3, 2009 11:15 AM

Dec 2007
robbydesu said:
Me too XD I looked it up and I was like o___o...doesn't...exist? It's probably a verb that's not in it's original form...?

I had my Japanese lesson today, I should have asked my teacher. orz

Well, I can ask him on Monday. Or I could add him to my MSN list and ask right away... nah.
Jun 3, 2009 11:16 AM

Dec 2008
OMFG YOU GOT THE GIF :O.....c-can I steal it?
Jun 3, 2009 12:47 PM

May 2009
I'm dropping this series
It's too boring and weird
so ya :\

Jun 3, 2009 2:36 PM

Oct 2007
Alsun said:

Kind of mean to say that about Mikage. He may be dead ( not really he be reborn), so there no longer human Mikage x Teito in the show... But i'm sure 90% they still going to be lttle of man-crushes /bromance in the air. Since I be hearing about Frau x teito on the internet.

I'm I wrong ?
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Jun 3, 2009 3:08 PM

Dec 2008
KuroTsuki14 said:
I'm I wrong ?
There is no bromance in this series -_-
Jun 3, 2009 3:13 PM
Jun 3, 2009 3:35 PM

Sep 2007
Of course there will be bromances. Society will make them out to be whatever they want them to be, whether or not they're not actually there.
Jun 3, 2009 3:52 PM

Oct 2007
robbydesu said:
KuroTsuki14 said:
I'm I wrong ?

Not real bromance , but like 10% of it. Other then that if there no bromance why fans keep saying bromance.
I think I need to look what bromance again , just founded the meanng of it about 2 month ago. What know about bromance is that 2 guy are close but not as lover. And non-sexual relationship.

edit:
You may be right there , but there was lttle of it epi 1 to 8/9 , no longer an more of it. Since hs dead and reborn.
noteDhero said:
There was...then Mikage died.

Your right there , there was little bromance between Mikage and Teito. But I don't think there not going be an bromance soon , since mikage is reborn.
But there may be fangirl what slash character.
KuroTsuki14Jun 3, 2009 4:04 PM
Jun 3, 2009 4:04 PM

Dec 2008
KuroTsuki14 said:
robbydesu said:
KuroTsuki14 said:
I'm I wrong ?

Not real bromance , but like 10% of it. Other then that if there no bromance why fans keep saying bromance.
I think I need to look what bromance again , just founded the meanng of it about 2 month ago. What know about bromance is that 2 guy are close but not as lover. And non-sexual relationship.

noteDhero said:

Your right there , there was little bromance between Mikage and Teito. But I don't think there not going be an bromance soon , since mikage is reborn.
I'm sorry, I just saw that as extreme grief for the death of a best friend, and only friend. The only person who accepted Teito for who he is.

Iriya said:
Of course there will be bromances. Society will make them out to be whatever they want them to be, whether or not they're not actually there.
True that. Atleast you're aware of the fact that it's not there and that Studio Deen is doing a bad job at portraying friendship. But there is a handful of people who truly believed it's all about "bromance" or shounen-ai. Some people already dropped out for that reason. And I find that a little sad :(.
Jun 3, 2009 4:17 PM

Oct 2007
robbydesu said:
KuroTsuki14 said:
robbydesu said:
KuroTsuki14 said:
I'm I wrong ?

noteDhero said:

I'm sorry, I just saw that as extreme grief for the death of a best friend, and only friend. The only person who accepted Teito for who he is.

Iriya said:
True that. Atleast you're aware of the fact that it's not there and that Studio Deen is doing a bad job at portraying friendship. But there is a handful of people who truly believed it's all about "bromance" or shounen-ai. Some people already dropped out for that reason. And I find that a little sad :(.

Oh are so right there that about Studio Deen is doing a bad job at portraying friendship(making think of bromance between those 2). Or just that I never see an anime out there that doing 2 boy as best friend in anime not manga, beside Ryokunohara Meikyuu ( which was the 90s anime).

True I just saw 2 more people dropped on this fourum , Its very sad.
Girl: drop b/c to slow and boring
Boy: drop b/c to slow, boring and broamce.
Jun 3, 2009 4:25 PM

Dec 2008
KuroTsuki14 said:
Oh are so right there that about Studio Deen is doing a bad job at portraying friendship(making think of bromance between those 2). Or just that I never see an anime out there that doing 2 boy as best friend in anime not manga, beside Ryokunohara Meikyuu ( which was the 90s anime).

Yeaa....not just in this episode, a lot of other people dropped out in previous episodes :(..
Jun 3, 2009 4:41 PM

Feb 2009
For the first time in a while, there is an episode that is following the manga plotline! The pace picked up (finally!) and there were some fairly decent action scenes.
I'm glad that this episode was much better than last few :)
Jun 3, 2009 4:43 PM

Oct 2007
robbydesu said:
KuroTsuki14 said:

Yeaa....not just in this episode, a lot of other people dropped out in previous episodes :(..

Yeah I saw that , I guess this spring 2009 anime isn't going to be popuarl an time soon. Mean by less fanfic, art, and website. The good thing is that the fan sub group isn't droping it yet. We should be happy about that :)

On the other note Higashi no Eden and Pandora Hearts are geting popular ( the spring 2009 anime) which its making me happy.
KuroTsuki14Jun 3, 2009 4:48 PM
Jun 3, 2009 5:04 PM

Dec 2008
KuroTsuki14 said:
robbydesu said:
KuroTsuki14 said:

Yeah I saw that , I guess this spring 2009 anime isn't going to be popuarl an time soon. Mean by less fanfic, art, and website. The good thing is that the fan sub group isn't droping it yet. We should be happy about that :)

On the other note Higashi no Eden and Pandora Hearts are geting popular ( the spring 2009 anime) which its making me happy.
Yeaa I just hope that for people who actually cares about this series, would actually read the manga :(
Jun 3, 2009 6:13 PM

Jul 2008
lolz rebirth eh?
but why not as a human? still dunt get why
Jun 3, 2009 6:30 PM

Dec 2008
ClearSinz said:
lolz rebirth eh?
Hmm maybe so it's quicker? Cuz you know...he'll be a baby...and babies can't protect bratty teenage boys XD
Jun 3, 2009 7:10 PM

Dec 2008
robbydesu said:
ClearSinz said:
lolz rebirth eh?
Hmm maybe so it's quicker? Cuz you know...he'll be a baby...and babies can't protect bratty teenage boys XD

But tiny pink fluffy drakes sure as hell can!
Though Frau did imply that.
Jun 3, 2009 7:14 PM

Dec 2008
Alsun said:
robbydesu said:
ClearSinz said:
lolz rebirth eh?

But tiny pink fluffy drakes sure as hell can!
Though Frau did imply that.
*roll eyes* As if you can't get enough from our private msgs - it's like you want to try at every chance to get at me eh? Veeeery mature. But if that was a "joke", it was funny :3.
Jun 3, 2009 8:56 PM

Jun 2008
*cries* I'm not crying cause it was sad, I'm crying because there was finally a good episode! Woo hoo!

Good things:
Mostly all of it. Mikage finally dying (and being reborn). Ayanami and Frau's brief conversation about the scythe. Burupya! The collar. While the part about the collar was all chibi and deformed, I liked it very much and am glad that it happened. Now we begin to see what will be forming between Frau and Teito.

Bad things:
Oi, rooftop scene with the food and the lunch thing? Mikage is now dead, he needs no further character development. Most of his development was original anyway =.= And wft, Teito standing over some dead guy? Eh? Ah. I'm not gonna complain too much ^^

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Jun 3, 2009 10:04 PM

Apr 2009
Is it just me or does Mikage seem hotter being possessed by Ayanami? :P

Really cute though, being born back to life.
Jun 3, 2009 10:05 PM

Dec 2008
stickymochi said:
Is it just me or does Mikage seem hotter being possessed by Ayanami? :P

Really cute though, being born back to life.
LOL I think it's that whole bad guy hot thing going on XD
Jun 3, 2009 11:03 PM

Dec 2007
robbydesu said:

Here's a higher quality one -
Jun 3, 2009 11:26 PM

Dec 2008
Sporkness said:
robbydesu said:

Thank you~ <3 *hugs*!!
Jun 3, 2009 11:58 PM

Nov 2007
This episode started off reallllly good and then it just got average. :/
Jun 4, 2009 8:47 AM

May 2008
Aww man..I cried when Teito started crying after DragonMikage came to him ;___;

This was such a touching episode..perfect even. I loved the hug scene between Teito and Mikage, and then how Teito hugged Mikage's jacket after he died.

The ending for it was good too. It really gave you the feeling that someone new is going to happen.

10/10 <3

Jun 4, 2009 10:19 AM

Apr 2009
yamakasi said:
This episode started off reallllly good and then it just got average. :/

This.

The episode set a good start, but then it fell into a spiral of neverending (and uncalled, imho) flashbacks to end with a poorly directed change of mood.

I'm not looking forward to action, action and more action, but I find the "story", the enemies, the character background, the character expressions, the character motivations, the character design (and mostly anything else you can think ok) below average. Teito has no soul, Mikage is the sacrificing superbestfriend, the bishops are (in order of height): the cool-outside/warm-inside guy, the stealthy cultured guy and the shy prescient boyish guy...

The show is cold, it gives me no warmth at all... After 3 minutes into every episode I want to shut it down.
I'll keep watching it to see how far they can bring it.
Jun 4, 2009 10:33 AM

Jul 2008
aww it's so sad how many people drop this series =( i know the pacing is a bit slow but it's gettin better for the upcoming 2 episodes

for those who doesn't seems to be sure what's this story about, well it's basically bout Teito's life n his connections with the 7 ghosts..Mikage's death is only the begining n lots more going to happen though i have to admit 07 ghost manga isn't the type u can read just once, u have to read few times before u can understand wats goin on completely ^^

nway back to episode 9, i love it but it's not enough to make me cry lol but i did felt a bit sad at the part where Teito hugs Burupya =/
nway lookin forward for the next epi
Jun 4, 2009 11:59 AM

May 2008
I cried so much,that I cried everything out of me.
I cried all the time when i watched it..!!
T_T
I loved it!!
100/100
Jun 4, 2009 1:05 PM

Oct 2008
Wow... Mikage dying (heavily foreshadowed so not surprising of course) and coming back as a (pink) furry little animal... Not sure i could have thought up a lamer plot twist if i had tried.

I also found it funny how after Mikage dies they start showing scenes of the two of them as friends, ignoring the fact that it would have been better to make stronger connections to the character BEFORE he dies and then slightly reinforce it afterwords as well (i.e. the exact reverse of what they did).

This is also the 2nd time that Teito used his "hidden power" to no effect other than some flashy light show and then had to be saved by Frau.
Jun 4, 2009 6:58 PM

Jul 2008
I found the episode good :).

Teito at 0,1 of his power with the collar was enough to hit Ayanami, once he totally release without the collar he's going to be insane.
Jun 4, 2009 7:00 PM

Jul 2008
robbydesu said:
Sporkness said:
robbydesu said:

Thank you~ <3 *hugs*!!

omg i want it toooo
plus look at the little scar on its head aww
Jun 4, 2009 8:28 PM

Sep 2008
noteDhero said:
Borderline bad episode. Mikage gets reborn as a pink flying rabbit? Promise collar? We're getting into some weird shounen-ai fantastical reverse harem territory here.

I fell like dropping this show >.>

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 21, 2009

121 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 11:34 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2009

44 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 9:21 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 19 Discussion

dbaranyi - Aug 10, 2009

48 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 8:40 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

47 by senekohan »»
Mar 26, 7:23 AM

Poll: » 07-Ghost Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 15, 2009

79 by Diamond_Sel »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.