Forum Settings
Forums

Your favorite shonen villain? Give reasons!

New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2013 11:19 AM

Oct 2010
lupadim said:
Nidalee said:

I'd vote for him too. He's even cute in his very own way.
Apr 26, 2013 11:19 AM

Jan 2010
Raoh from Fist of the North Star.
Apr 26, 2013 11:23 AM

Dec 2012
I liked The Millenium Earl. Comes of mysterious, evil, and deceptively composed.
Apr 26, 2013 11:25 AM

Aug 2012
jal90 said:
lupadim said:
Nidalee said:

I'd vote for him too. He's even cute in his very own way.

Apr 26, 2013 11:27 AM

Oct 2012
lupadim said:
pralan said:

Please, don't speak about a show that is obvious that you haven't watched or read about it.

Yes I am watching Monster, I'm at the episode 65.

natssuu said:
Wow, you really thought Tenma was trying to put Johan in the jail, well OK

This is now starting to bother me, Johan*. Also Seinen and Shonen deal with the same themes very often, but the way plot is executed and how the characters are developed measure what age the series is targeted at. Death Note could of easily been made into Seinen, but Ohba and Obata did an excellent job turning it into unorthodox Shonen manga. (Lol, got that one from Bakuman.)
Apr 26, 2013 11:27 AM
Mar 2013
jimbob1141 said:
What's your favorite shonen villain?

Mine has to be the king from the hunter x hunter chimera ant arc. i loved his development and how he changed and his relationship with that blind person whose name i forget :P

Meruem is fucking beast my favorite villain. People who watch the anime is in for a ride
Apr 26, 2013 11:30 AM

Aug 2012
natssuu said:
lupadim said:
pralan said:

Please, don't speak about a show that is obvious that you haven't watched or read about it.

Yes I am watching Monster, I'm at the episode 65.

natssuu said:
Wow, you really thought Tenma was trying to put Johan in the jail, well OK

This is now starting to bother me, Johan*. Also Seinen and Shonen deal with the same themes very often, but the way plot is executed and how the characters are developed measure what age the series is targeted at. Death Note could of easily been made into Seinen, but Ohba and Obata did an excellent job turning it into unorthodox Shonen manga. (Lol, got that one from Bakuman.)

My subs say "Joshan", but I noticed how the characters spell "Johan". Thanks for advice.
Apr 26, 2013 11:38 AM

Jan 2012
jimbob1141 said:

Mine has to be the king from the hunter x hunter chimera ant arc. i loved his development and how he changed and his relationship with that blind person whose name i forget :P

thx for the spoiler >.>
anyway as for me I guess Crocodile
Apr 26, 2013 11:41 AM

Aug 2012
renders said:
jimbob1141 said:

thx for the spoiler >.>

Good choice.
Apr 26, 2013 11:44 AM

Sep 2011
Wrath - FMA brotherhood
takasugi - gintama

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 26, 2013 11:45 AM

Oct 2012
renders said:
jimbob1141 said:

thx for the spoiler >.>

Haha, I thought there was a pic.. Well I got spoiled too xD
Oct 2011
Seriously, what's with the HxH spoiler, OP? Could you spoiler it?

Oct 2012
No one beats this guy
Apr 26, 2013 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Shinobu Sensui FTMFW!
Apr 26, 2013 11:53 AM

Oct 2012
Are we now throwing HxH villains here? OK

Chrollo is fabulous villain, and of course Mamoru Miyano voice acting him makes me totally biased
Apr 26, 2013 11:58 AM

Sep 2011
oh man i forgot this bastard
http://myanimelist.net/character/715/Legato_Bluesummers

god he was so much cooler than knives

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 26, 2013 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
Zetsuen no Tempest's villain.
Apr 26, 2013 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Toguro the Younger is probably my favorite Shonen villain.
Apr 26, 2013 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
Litrydow said:

Don't diss Zetsuen
Apr 26, 2013 12:24 PM

Sep 2012
renders said:
Litrydow said:

Don't diss Zetsuen

Who said I was dissing anything? I'm serious.
Apr 26, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2012
I wanted to say Shōgo Makishima but I realized it's probably seinen..maybe..

Right now my favorite is Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard", because he has a lot of complexity for a villain.. appearing a drunken fool but is actually a mastermind...
.. killing random people but then not wanting to kill other certain people..
..having an extremely similar ideology to the main protagonist but going about it in all the bad ways..
Appearing weak(defensively) because of his devil fruit power and his middle aged body, but actually really powerful... yeah
GhostonyApr 26, 2013 12:33 PM
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Apr 26, 2013 12:26 PM

Jan 2012
anyway this is about shounen villains and zetsuen isn't a shounen^
Apr 26, 2013 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
renders said:
Yeah, it is. Its even tagged a shounen in the info.
Apr 26, 2013 12:31 PM

Jan 2012
Javera said:
renders said:
Yeah, it is. Its even tagged a shounen in the info.

I dunno who tagged it like that but it's not a Squidding shounen
Apr 26, 2013 12:35 PM

Oct 2012
There is only one correct answer.

Apr 26, 2013 12:35 PM

Aug 2012
Oh plus Yagami Light is not a good villain: He is an weak-willed character with an OP power
Apr 26, 2013 12:40 PM

Apr 2011
lupadim said:
Oh plus Yagami Light is not a good villain: He is an weak-willed character with an OP power

Light is weak willed. You never stop spouting bullshit, do you? An OP power, yes. Weak-willed, hell no.
Apr 26, 2013 12:41 PM

Dec 2012
Lupadim, why do you think every thread you comment in goes to all hell? -.- I swear....
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Apr 26, 2013 12:48 PM

Oct 2012
lupadim said:

Not at all. I can see where you're coming from, but Light has truly strong will which was shown

Apr 26, 2013 12:50 PM

Feb 2012
I guess Dio Brando would be mine. I think all the anime count as shounen.

Jovoo said:
Lupadim every thread you comment in goes to all hell? turns into a party

StardustCharismaApr 26, 2013 12:53 PM
Apr 26, 2013 12:53 PM

Sep 2011
Litrydow said:
the aliens thing was a joke

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 26, 2013 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Litrydow said:

How are you so sure of that?
Apr 26, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2012
yhunata said:
lupadim said:

Light is weak willed. You never stop spouting bullshit, do you? An OP power, yes. Weak-willed, hell no.

Yes, he is weak-willed. He is so weak willed that hes power made him become crazy. After episode one, after hes first kill, is was clear that Light was totally mad and that went to the end of the anime. There first step for being a powerful character is facing the fact you have an capability, but Light failed at this damn basic step and went crazy.

natssuu said:
lupadim said:

Not at all. I can see where you're coming from, but Light has truly strong will which was shown

Yes, when he has no power he is strong-willed, but without powers he is nothing.
Apr 26, 2013 1:03 PM
Oct 2011
VictorVonDoom said:
If we're talking JoJo, then my vote goes to this Kira:
Apr 26, 2013 1:04 PM

Sep 2011
Litrydow said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Litrydow said:

How are you so sure of that?
because its set up as one with aliens being the punchline and every time its brought up every single character either facepalms or sighs.

How people couldnt tell it was a joke is baffleing, especially considering the dumbest character in the entire show was the one who brought it up and also pulled it out of her ass

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 26, 2013 1:04 PM

Oct 2010
lupadim said:

I feel like repeating my answer because you either didn't read or didn't focus on it:

And...

Just in case you people are tempted to open the spoiler, this is another One Piece discussion.
Apr 26, 2013 1:05 PM

Oct 2012
lupadim said:

natssuu said:
lupadim said:

Yes, when he has no power he is strong-willed, but without powers he is nothing.

You don't understand, the mightier power you possess the bigger influence it would have in you, by your reasoning Light ain't weak-willed.
Apr 26, 2013 1:07 PM

Feb 2013
Chrollo Lucilfer from HxH. I guess.
But I gotta say Makoto Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin it is in my favorites too.

Apr 26, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2012
jal90 said:
lupadim said:

I feel like repeating my answer because you either didn't read or didn't focus on it:

And...

Just in case you people are tempted to open the spoiler, this is another One Piece discussion.

Actually, it was said that he receives twice amount of pain because he is the black hole so to speak(absorbs everything).. but the fact that he can get back onto his feet in a matter of seconds just proves all-the-more how powerful he really is
Apr 26, 2013 1:10 PM

Aug 2012
jal90 said:
When do you recall him being "almost crying"? Because from what I remember he has: fought and assumingly won against Ace, endured massive hits from Whitebeard and Sengoku... the only time I've seen him defeated is when Magellan came with his epic form... and that was poison. Anybody who ever touched it would eventually die.

Apr 26, 2013 1:11 PM

Feb 2012
Candor said:
VictorVonDoom said:
If we're talking JoJo, then my vote goes to this Kira:

*sigh* I think I might have to start reading the manga.
Apr 26, 2013 1:12 PM

Jan 2012
My favorite villain that when they get beat I punch the air in celebration? -
Bryan Hawk - Hajime no Ippo
Favorite as in the actual character themselves?-
Meryem- Hunter x Hunter
Apr 26, 2013 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
lupadim said:

That's all just speculation, Luppy. none of that is facts
Apr 26, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2012
Ghostony said:
lupadim said:

What is speculation?
Apr 26, 2013 1:20 PM

Dec 2012
lupadim said:
Ghostony said:
lupadim said:

What is speculation?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=speculation
There you go.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Apr 26, 2013 1:22 PM

Oct 2010
lupadim said:
angry stuff

Okay, I got one thing wrong (the double damage). About the rest...

I happen to know my stuff about One Piece, and I can be wrong or mess with some data like everybody else. Pff, fanboys...
Apr 26, 2013 1:22 PM

Jun 2012
Why do people bother with this idiot? It's not even fun. At least it's hilarious to anti-troll Not_Biased and stanklem28.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Apr 26, 2013 1:27 PM

Aug 2012
One Piece spoilers, proceed with caution:
ArbitraryFateApr 26, 2013 2:40 PM
Apr 26, 2013 1:28 PM

Jun 2012
Yoshikage Kira. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 : Serial Killer... Nuff said.
Funny Valentine. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: President... Nuff said.

Most of All

Char Aznable. Gundam 0079, Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counterattack.

He was a little bit of good bad and something else.
Apr 26, 2013 2:16 PM

Aug 2012
ArbitraryFate said:
lupadim said:

He was screaming, but he never cried for god's sake. I suggest you watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haVbjJO6xjE , skip to about 1:00 and then tell me if he was crying or not. Also, Luffy couldn't have killed Blackbeard. He was basically losing when Jimbei stopped him.

lupadim said:
-> He won against Ace but that was a plothole, Oda didn't showed the fight and didn't showed why he won. But Ace wasn't a big deal anyway and as I said OP power is not OP villain

I'm pretty sure they showed most of the fight, and it was just assumed that BB's big ball o' darkness was more powerful than Ace's big ball o' fire. Also, Ace... wasn't... a... big... deal!? I'm not even starting on that one.

lupadim said:

-> Massive hits from Whitebeard and Sengoku? From what I recall, he went suddenly in the middle of the war and killed Whitebeard with hes crew without an scratch. And Sengoku didn't attacked him. You must be watching Naruto where all is shitty and confusing.

Sengoku did attack him. So did Garp. BB was talking about how he was going to sink Marineford (after he killed Whitebeard) and Sengoku suddenly shock waved his ass. Then that big champion guy, Burgess I belive (or something similar, can't remember exactly), was about to attack Sengoku when Garp punched him in the face.
Edit: Here, found a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEOp_b51TAM

Spoil your shit please, this is not One Piece discussion board. Let's start:

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The Weeb Chart

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

16 by Seven »»
39 seconds ago

» Do they even make traditional magical girl anime anymore?

Spunkert - Apr 6

37 by KitsuFrost »»
3 minutes ago

» What are the best seasons for anime in your opinion?

SupremeGod - Yesterday

31 by Kdog1998 »»
14 minutes ago

» Do you consider yourself a weeb?

Dragevard - 5 hours ago

38 by SushiSuperLover »»
15 minutes ago

» Why was there never a satanic panic over anime in America?

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

23 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.