Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 2, 2023 1:57 PM

Mar 2019
Akira Amano should do the same Oh! Great did, just draw and let someone else do the stories haha.
Oct 2, 2023 2:00 PM

Jun 2023
Those eyes were majestic.
Oct 2, 2023 3:09 PM
Apr 2021
Not a fan of how they portrayed Ron's personality and voice at all. The manga sucks, it's still slightly entertaining but I couldn't recommend it to anyone
Oct 2, 2023 3:09 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good start

can't wait to see the next one
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 2, 2023 3:32 PM
Jul 2015
The comedy is good. But it already feels like another detective story trying way to hard to look clever.
Oct 2, 2023 4:22 PM

May 2018
That Mio reference tho - Amamiya doing the same eye movement from the ending of the first K-On season. I guess the animators are big Youko Hikasa fans, since she voices both characters.
Oct 2, 2023 4:34 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was really feeling a detective anime, been a while since I’ve watched one so this was nice to see this fall season, and a great first episode it was. It was clear that something was up with Ron upon Toto’s first meeting with him, of course he’s absolutely amazing at solving cases as expected but the twist where he kills the culprit in an almost supernatural way that seemed kinda like hypnosis was wild lol, this man has the power to make someone off their self and he doesn’t remember how it happens every time, definitely an interesting mystery revolving around this mystery solving man.

I also like the dynamic between our main detective duo already, we didn’t see a whole lot of it but I can tell it’s gonna be fun going forward, and hopefully eventually we might see a case that Ron doesn’t immediately solve which might shake things up between them. And no OP and ED yet but we heard one of them near the end of the episode, not sure which but I look forward to hearing them with visuals, and I also look forward to more of this every week! Definitely a unique mix of shoes on Monday for me this season lol.
Oct 2, 2023 4:41 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to IzanaSolos
Oh, I was eagerly anticipating this. I'm a sucker for stories like this, and it didn't let me down. The first episode was a blast. I'm fond of the character design, and they nailed the voice acting. Can't wait to see where this takes us.

Edit: Wow, his eyes are strikingly beautiful. I saw it coming, but still.

The main character oddly resembles a blend of Dazai and Ranpo's traits, right? He's a vexing, attractive, somewhat eccentric guy who seems to have it all figured out already.
IzanaSolos said:
The main character oddly resembles a blend of Dazai and Ranpo's traits, right?
YEEES, when he laid down on the floor and solved the case, I felt the same way!
Oct 2, 2023 4:45 PM

Jul 2021
This was incredibly awesome, more than I thought. I enjoyed it a lot, and laughed quite a bit, while it was very easy to understand that the culprit was the guy from the hair sallon. I really like Ron's personality, that seems to swop in between very lonely and depressive to bratty in a few seconds, I love it! Looking foward to more episodes!
Oct 2, 2023 5:27 PM

Feb 2014
Toto... another Tsuna-like character huh... lol.
Oct 2, 2023 6:10 PM

Apr 2022
so ron is lelouch with the geass and all and toto looks like he's cosplaying reigen, he shouts too much though.
disappointing first episode ngl. the barber deduction makes sense, but the barber himself acted way too dumb, and didn't seem like someone who could get that many kills. i hope every case isn't as easy as this one for ron.
ron got a sweet crib though, cushioned floor? i want that now.
Oct 2, 2023 6:35 PM

Dec 2015
Good first episode. Been wanting to read the manga but I think I'll watch this for now. The fact that Ron nicknamed him Toto gives me Wizard of Oz vibes XD. I like the Manzai style of banter they have with each other. Plus, Union Square Garden did a song for this one. This is going to be interesting.
Oct 2, 2023 6:39 PM

Aug 2017
a good start reminds me of The Millionaire Detective, looking forward for its next episode.

Oct 2, 2023 7:50 PM

Sep 2021
First of all: This show does trigger my Fugou Keiji: Balance Unlimited trauma so I might be overly skeptical here.

On the positive side, I like the comedy and chemistry between the main characters. That was really fun to watch. Ron's "sickness" is also really interesting.

However, I'm a bit worried. While the episode was good by itself, he mystery around Ron was resolved already (aside from why the victims do as they're told) and so was the case. Where will this show go now?

Also, the case wasn't really great. I guess they wanted to squeeze one into the premiere and that's ok. But this standart won't do for future episodes. Especially with this "I solved it! Now let me explain what happend" format.

The last thing I need is an episodic show about an overpowered detective explaining what nice crimes the author can come up with. But if it instead brings up a case not even Ron can solve, or something about his backstory on why he has the "sickness" or why his deduction is so amazing, it could become really good. Guess I'll wait and see.

And finally: A cushion floor is NOT a good idea if you're living with cats.
Oct 2, 2023 7:51 PM

Sep 2007
Checked this out randomly and the the anime description does it no justice. I found it way more entertaining than the descriptions made it sound.

And Ron has some funky/odd quirks. Like him already! I just hope the jokes/comedy doesn't get corny/old soon....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Oct 2, 2023 8:25 PM

Mar 2007
The trailer does not do justice to this anime at all. That was great

• Desperate Idealist Cop
  • Shut in Sleuth with a BIG Problem
  • Who can't contain his curiosity
  • He has legit skillz!
  • He's also got a MAJOR ... huge ... problem .... that's a disability of epic proportions

It's witty, it's funny, it's amazingly entertaining! More people should watch this. I actually enjoyed this more than SLF which is saying a lot.
Oct 2, 2023 9:37 PM
Jul 2014
Reading the first 6 or so chapters of the manga, I had somewhat high expectations for the anime
Upon watching, I've decided to list the pros and cons of the first episode, mainly regarding the animation

Pros:
- original MC personality for a detective -> acts rude & mean but softens once he learns Toto is recommended by Kikuさん, responsible enough to raise a cat
- chemistry between the 2 MC's
- Ron doesn't mind Toto's lack of 敬語 & habit of voicing negative impressions/thoughts
- Toto doesn't mistreat Ron despite his shabby appearance and trusts Ron's reputation before Ron proves his deduction skills
- drowning case is original, I enjoyed it as i haven't seen/read of similar cases

Cons:
- a detective supervisor calling out a detective's name loudly in front of others, proceeding to tell him to go home & sleep, then calling them useless without a sarcastic tone, is unnatural & unusual (if this happened irl, it'd create workforce friction, unless they're close, which isn't shown to be the case)
- illogical that Ron was able to see POLLEN DUST on Toto's suit from a door peep hole (would be logical IF Ron saw the dust later in front of Toto, then deduces he's been to the shrine)
- Ron's background is flawed... the more intellectually capable someone is, the more they suffer from being unable to stimulate their intellect. Hence the fact he's able to stay sane without anything to do except 4h daily exercise & occasional detective visits, for at least 9 months (since the drowning case is 9 months long) is incomprehensible

- would you buy/have any earplugs if you lived in a place without internet/media?
- what type of phone puts the caller on speaker once you pick up the call?
- what type of phone then puts caller on vicinity volume without you clicking the screen once you hold it to your ear?

- Ron's awfully chipper & quick to wake up to answer a doorbell for someone who has a nocturnal lifestyle
- do you all know how much it hurts to jump forward and land on your back? (hint: hurts more than falling while standing!) Not even buff cloud-looking men would wanna do that
- now i know many anime have unique eye systems/types like Naruto, Blue Lock... but i'm confused why Ron's eyes turn from dark blue to light blue?
- WHAT HAPPENED to the showerhead the barber was holding? WHEN did he turn it off? WHY did the water sound get muted after Ron enters??
- legit though if the barber is realistically a serial killer, he'd be savage enough to pick up a razor and attack both Toto & Ron right there and then
- how did Ron have access to the roof without going through the barbershop first? Roofs in Japan don't have multiple entrances
- how did Toto cover 5-10m and manage to catch a man that had already jumped, falling at 9.8m/s/s? Seemed as if Toto became Iida Tenya for a second
- barber looked around 170cm tall, slim build.. so that's 54-60Kg assuming lower end healthy BMI. Now imagine someone w. Toto's build hold that mass for 49 seconds w. disadvantaged leverage and suboptimal centre of gravity, thereby increasing the perceived mass of the barber
- idek what to say about Ron's miraculous Wonder Woman whip-like contraption w. a self-targeting mechanism with a tensile strength of Spiderman's silk

For a detective anime, I was disappointed by the lack of attention in the minor, and major details .-.
Dazai/Ranpo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ron .- -. -.-- -.. .- -.--
AdLibTactOct 16, 2023 9:06 PM
Oct 2, 2023 10:12 PM

Aug 2019
Off to a great start imo! Looking forward to seeing where this goes! It's been a while since I've watched a mystery anime like this, but it looks interesting!
Oct 2, 2023 10:17 PM
Nov 2022
There were some sections of the animation that came off way creepy, like when the door to the apartment opened, but the creepy vibe happens less often than not.
Oct 3, 2023 12:06 AM

Jun 2014
WOW i like this sooo much toto is so funny and Ron is way too interesting. his past should be packed with regrets and such i hope we see them ^^ can't w8 for more
Oct 3, 2023 3:11 AM
Mar 2019
Pure naive fool, indeed. I'm sticking around for this.
Oct 3, 2023 3:28 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Kimmy-
Ngl I was positively surprised by the animation quality. Really liked the interactions between our main characters, and the little girls walking past Ron made me laugh out loud 😂
@Kimmy-

I agree. Was a light hearted romp. Will continue for now.
Oct 3, 2023 4:51 AM
Aug 2017
Man's the LowTierGod of detectives, huh?
Oct 3, 2023 5:49 AM

Dec 2018
Hmm... Toto looks and personalities is really almost 98% like Tsuna...
Ron eyes look hot in those hypnosis scene...
So... Ron having a superpower or something? Hmmm...
Episode 1 isn't great... Just the part from the suspect reveal till the end are the only great scene...

I don't know about other story by Amano-San except for Hitman Reborn, but I'm pretty sure her daily life theme aren't her great work...
Well.... I'm a big fan of Amano Akira~~

Oct 3, 2023 7:42 AM

Dec 2014
Haha now that’s nice! I enjoyed this episode a lot. Likable cast and a just a fun deductive series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2023 7:49 AM
Apr 2021
Deeper voice than u expected for that silly lil detective but I am diggin it! I feel like this anime can take many turns, it’s sort of exciting.. definitely continuing this.
Oct 3, 2023 8:26 AM
May 2018
Pleasantly surprised by how the animation and character designs look. Voice actors/actresses also fit better than I thought they would. Great adaptation of the first case.
Oct 3, 2023 11:36 AM
Mar 2021
Definitely interesting, excited for next ep
Oct 3, 2023 11:46 AM

Sep 2019
It definitely piqued my interest. I have high hopes for this one
Oct 3, 2023 3:27 PM
Aug 2023
Good first episode. Liked how the mystery actually made sense. Looking forward to see how this develops.
Oct 3, 2023 4:11 PM
Jul 2013
It’s like a reverse Detective Conan: he’s big, he’s hot, his personality is terrible and his culprits end up dead.
I’m pretty interested in how this pans out, I find it quite fun and upbeat.
Oct 3, 2023 4:45 PM
Jan 2023
fun characters, looking like a good show
Oct 3, 2023 5:53 PM
May 2017
I was wondering where I recognized Toto's VA from, it was Yuji. But yeah good first episode, Kamo is obviously gonna carry this show as he is a genius as well as having a supernatural ability, Toto is here for jokes.

I'm interested on seeing what the main plot ends up being about

4/5
Oct 3, 2023 9:48 PM
Aug 2018
Great start, I don't get why it doesn't ranked at least 8.. look forward to this series.
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM
Jan 2020
I prefer the feeling of the manga better, but it was an okay start. I'm definitely going to watch it
Oct 4, 2023 2:30 AM

Mar 2008
That was pretty enjoyable

Seems like Ron has some OCD like trait with him feeling forced to solve cases once he knows details despite knowing what he might do.

Man, id love a padded floor. Give me some padded walls too.
Oct 4, 2023 5:10 AM
Jul 2016
Honestly, wasn't expecting much from this anime. What a pleasant surprise that was lol
Oct 4, 2023 7:10 AM
Apr 2022
Way better than I initially expected it to be.
Oct 4, 2023 9:06 AM
Jan 2021
This was a pretty fun episode! Started out serious like you would expect from a police show but then that scene in the apartment...Thats when they won me over, I hope the show keeps up the comedic quality
Oct 4, 2023 9:57 AM

Nov 2016
Okay so, i think my expectations were high but what i got with the first episode leave me so pleased, ugh! I'm so happy to see another work of Amano being animated!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"I’m feeling sentimental
Without you, my room is empty
I’m feeling sentimental
Feels like yesterday you were laying
Only a few centimeters away from me"
Oct 4, 2023 10:14 AM

Oct 2008
Ron Kamonohashi deductive reasoning is on par with Aya Rindou i guess?
nice to see UNISON SQUARE GARDEN performing quality anime OPs and/or EDs!!
does Ron have discount Lelouch eye of absolute obedience?!? lolz
4/5.

Oct 4, 2023 10:47 AM
May 2021
Good start, hope it does the mystery concept well
Oct 4, 2023 1:54 PM

Jul 2011
hmm, quite unexpectedly not bad...

Will look forward for the next eps :)
Oct 4, 2023 9:25 PM

Nov 2014
They did prime us to think he's a weirdo, but damn flirting with the corpse had me LOL

This one is promising, will be good if they can keep the mysteries interesting and the comedy unpredictable
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 5, 2023 6:00 AM

May 2021
Que episódio INCRÍVEL!!! Uma mistura de investigação com muita mas MUITA comédia junta e das BOAS!!!!
Se o primeiro episódio já me cativou desse jeito mal posso esperar pelos próximos.
P.S: kkk o Ron parece mais com um assassino do que com um detetive kkk ADOREI !!

Oct 5, 2023 6:36 AM
Aug 2020
first ep was really well adapted. animation was really compelling and true to the manga, the dry humour was really my taste as well lol
fun series!

there's a meaning to that
Oct 5, 2023 11:14 AM

May 2013
as a manga reader, i have a lot of worries about how this anime will be received. even though literally all of the cast are lovable and enjoyable characters, I feel like most (if not all) tend to fall a bit flat which I think you can see even from this first episode (which is supposed to be the most attention-grabbing part of the show run)
I wish ron kamonohashi all the best in the long run, amano-sensei deserves all the love
Oct 5, 2023 11:58 AM

May 2013
CrunchyCrobat said:
This literally just feels like japanized Sherlock Holmes

oh you're in for a REVEAL
Oct 5, 2023 11:59 AM

May 2013
actually, now that i think about it, this anime might have a pretty good chance... now that the standards to the quality of the anime are not as high
Oct 5, 2023 4:19 PM

May 2019
Pretty good first episode. I watched "Undead Murder Farce" last season and now we have this for mystery-type anime for the fall season. I was a bit surprised that this first case was resolved so quickly as I figured they would've spent more time going over the nuances of the case and also seeing how Toto's boss (I'm assuming it's the lady that told him to take a break) would've reacted with having Ron back. Maybe they will do that next episode or simply go on to the next case, we'll see.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

67 by ThivzRaj »»
May 28, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2023

25 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2023

38 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2023

54 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

70 by Sun_Chan »»
May 1, 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.