Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 9, 2016 1:57 AM

Oct 2007
During the episode I was wondering when are we going to get an asspull power up.. and we actually already got it. gg wp Toriyama. DBS is a disgrace to Dragon ball series.
Oct 9, 2016 1:59 AM
Oct 2014
In all this chaos, is it weird to wish the Omni King (Zeno) to appear and fix all this?

Like a way to also show how OP the Omni King really is?
Oct 9, 2016 2:46 AM

Apr 2014
They are at it again, creating more plot holes before even trying to fill the previous ones that they created... Trunks had a rage mode in Z (some called it Brolly mode), but this time it looks like it combined with SSJB aura. Maybe Trunks has a hidden power that was unlocked due to extreme anger and now while he's in his rage mode, it got fully unlocked? Also, in the next ep preview Trunks's hair looks from the rear like Vegeta's. He also has SSJ2 like lightning around him, but somewhat like a SSJB version.

Also, a technique to defeat Zamasu and they show Kame Sennin at the end of the preview. Don't tell me that this technique will be Mafuba, because that would br REALLY ridiculous... - . -
Oct 9, 2016 2:49 AM

Apr 2013
Once again, Vegeta proved to us how useless he is. When is he going to step up?

Trunks really went all Broly there, but according to preview he will be losing the battle in the next episode.

Speaking of the next episode, the pacing looks to be awfully slow from the preview, we'll see, we'll see.

Oct 9, 2016 2:59 AM

Dec 2014
that was just awesome...trunks finally going all out..... this just getting better
Oct 9, 2016 3:13 AM
May 2016
I has a thought, and bare with me here as I am sure it's confusing.However, if we think about it Zamasu(GokuB) should have altered history as well correct? Since Trunks time is still the safe it is safe to assume that Zamasu(GokuB) isn't from his "time". Meaning that since OUR Goku is still in Trunks time Zamasu(GokuB) is from another time. If we consider that now. Zamasu(GokuB) killed Goku,Chichi, and Goten, but no one else is mentioned. So if Gohan is still alive as well as the other Z Warriors they could eventually show up correct? This could happen as the Z Warriors would be able to use the Time Machine that Bulma still has to possibly travel through time in search of Zamasu(GokuB).
Oct 9, 2016 3:22 AM

Jun 2013
Even though the action was amazing, the story is really sloppy, and the plot holes are apparent. But knowing dragon ball, I'm sure it will be explained later
Oct 9, 2016 3:26 AM

Jan 2013
jlvyn14 said:
Even though the action was amazing, the story is really sloppy, and the plot holes are apparent. But knowing dragon ball, I'm sure it will be explained later
As far as I know of there isnt any plotholes, just very confusing plot which may lead to the assumptions of there being holes
Oct 9, 2016 3:33 AM

Nov 2011
Dragonball who is known for simple and straightforward story really shouldn't try to play with time travel concept. It gets so fucking confusing. I wonder if they expect kids watching this to understand any of that garbage.

Oct 9, 2016 3:36 AM

Apr 2013
ZBRAillusion said:
I has a thought, and bare with me here as I am sure it's confusing.However, if we think about it Zamasu(GokuB) should have altered history as well correct? Since Trunks time is still the safe it is safe to assume that Zamasu(GokuB) isn't from his "time". Meaning that since OUR Goku is still in Trunks time Zamasu(GokuB) is from another time. If we consider that now. Zamasu(GokuB) killed Goku,Chichi, and Goten, but no one else is mentioned. So if Gohan is still alive as well as the other Z Warriors they could eventually show up correct? This could happen as the Z Warriors would be able to use the Time Machine that Bulma still has to possibly travel through time in search of Zamasu(GokuB).

I suppose the writers want us to assume that in this particular timeline, everything that opposes the Zamasus fail miserably.

With Goku seen plowing the fields and Goten spotted around 7 years old, I am guessing Zamasu took over his body before Majin Buu's arc.

(I wasn't sure if DBZ is still considered spoilers at this point but oh well gonna include the spoiler tag anyway)

Oct 9, 2016 3:48 AM

Feb 2013
They never learn that they shouldn't make Goku mad, even though he lost in the end.
Trunks is angry too, maybe he will be the hero of this arc.
Oct 9, 2016 3:51 AM

Jun 2013
Klad said:
jlvyn14 said:
As far as I know of there isnt any plotholes, just very confusing plot which may lead to the assumptions of there being holes

The biggest plot hole is how they're all getting the god power so easily. And by easily I mean almost as easily as ssj after goku and vegeta had it.

Plus the time travel concept imo is just being abused to the point of there being more than 2 timelines. Plus none of this explains why the omnipower isn't getting involved into this.
Oct 9, 2016 3:56 AM

Oct 2015
It's widely-believed that "if you change the past, future will change as well", and such. Now it's quite different.
After I realized DB's concept, I just kept ignoring plotholes (if there are plotholes at all). I have never watched DB for a complicated plot, so I won't let myself getting confused by some kind of "try-hard" time-travel plot. There is Steins;Gate and such for that. I just can't take a complicated time-travel thing serious in Dragon Ball. Maybe some can relate.

About the episode: Goku rages, yet gets almost killed.
I just wonder why can't they use those senzu-beans instantly? They forget it, like it wasn't even there. I bet they forgot about Omni-sama's button too. I think it will be pressed accidently when goku gets beaten up again. Maybe Goku will beg to Omni-sama not to interfere, and by a clutch he wins somehow.

Trunks gets a random power-up. It's logical that he fought against vegeta, he gets some godlike ki, and it's not enough to turn into SSJB of course. But everyone was surprised, and this entire thing looked like Trunks surpassed the SSJB, while that form's supposed to be as strong as SSJ3.
He will fight better than Goku who was also enraged. Now that wouldn't make much sense.
Oct 9, 2016 4:04 AM

Apr 2014
Sick episode. Loved it
themanualreader@proton.me
Oct 9, 2016 4:49 AM

Mar 2013
Fight scenes were nice, but lord, so many plotholes...
Oct 9, 2016 5:04 AM

Sep 2014
That was great.Seeing how Zamasu wished for Goku's body and then killed along with his family was brutal and sad.Goku enraged took on both Zamasus and overpowered them for a brief time until Black took him down.After that,they started accusing Trunks for the flow that history took making him enraged and unleashed his power.Next week Trunks seems to overpower Black.I believe he will hold enough until Goku receives a Senzu bean.And it seems there is a way to kill immortal Zamasu.
Oct 9, 2016 5:19 AM

Oct 2013
Horizon355 said:

plotholes are nothing... there multiple alternate timelines that why i not confused about it even in original manga and anime they kill cells even trunks change past time line his original time line future will not change. like black goku Zamasu thanks for his time ring can make alternate timeline even his past self got kill will not effect him...

if you change past make time paradox and make new time line become parallel world alternate timeline like in stein gate had multiple chose time line.
Oct 9, 2016 5:29 AM

May 2015
That's one hell of a Kabe-don!

Oct 9, 2016 5:29 AM

Sep 2016
Horizon355 said:
the only plot hole here is trunks asspull power up
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 9, 2016 5:55 AM

Dec 2014
Well it was a good episode.

Let me try to get this straight
Timeline 1 : Cell Timeline, Possibly unrelated to any of the events happening now.
Timeline 2 : Future Trunks timeline where Goku died cause of the heart disease. Basically the timeline of the current episode and Zamasu is still alive.
Timeline 3 : 'Z' Timeline where Goku defeats Zamasu and eventually Zamasu is obliterated by Beerus. Effectively this timeline is safe

Now Black states that he is the Zamasu from the past, Meaning he went through the same experience as the Timeline 3 Zamasu (Referenced by the flashback shown as well). So I guess the only way to relate this information is that this is a new timeline, So now I guess we have

Timeline 4: Follows events of Timeline 3 but Zamasu is not killed by Beerus (Reasons unknown), Proceeds to collect Super Dragons Balls become Black and kill Goku's family. The scene depicting the death of Goku's family is kind of reminiscent to one of the early episodes of DBS where Goten brings Goku lunch. Now the thing here is that if Timeline 4 were to follow Timeline 3, Then Future Trunks should have arrived here as well as it's the main reason for the entire Goku-Zamasu meeting to even occur. If that meeting did occur then it makes no sense as to why Zamasu was not killed by Beerus in this timeline as well. Also everyone else can be assumed to be alive in this timeline.

Now if Timeline 4 were to exist as I said it does, Then we need another Future Trunks timeline where he interferes with Timeline 4 cause obviously the same Future Trunks can't have gone to two different timelines.
So we have,

Timeline 5: New Future Trunks timeline where he intervenes in Timeline 4 but possibly dies in the process since he has to set up the events of Timeline 4. In order for this Timeline to exist we need a new Black.
And so we're stuck in an endless loop of new timelines to fill up for every other one.

You know what, I think it's best for me to ignore the whole timeline concept since the writing feels very nonsensical or maybe I'm just overthinking like crazy or missed some important point. Dragon Ball is always best kept simple, I see that there's a lot of praise for this arc/episode but I don't think anything will ever top the Buu arc of DBZ.

The fight scenes were great, Goku getting angry was awesome.
Trunks transformation at the end was epic, It's kind of like that False Super Saiyan transformation in one of the DBZ movies. So False Super Saiyan Blue?
Lelouch0202Oct 9, 2016 5:58 AM
Oct 9, 2016 6:02 AM

Feb 2016
tkrisz2 said:
It's widely-believed that "if you change the past, future will change as well", and such. Now it's quite different.
After I realized DB's concept, I just kept ignoring plotholes (if there are plotholes at all). I have never watched DB for a complicated plot, so I won't let myself getting confused by some kind of "try-hard" time-travel plot. There is Steins;Gate and such for that. I just can't take a complicated time-travel thing serious in Dragon Ball. Maybe some can relate.

About the episode: Goku rages, yet gets almost killed.
I just wonder why can't they use those senzu-beans instantly? They forget it, like it wasn't even there. I bet they forgot about Omni-sama's button too. I think it will be pressed accidently when goku gets beaten up again. Maybe Goku will beg to Omni-sama not to interfere, and by a clutch he wins somehow.

Trunks gets a random power-up. It's logical that he fought against vegeta, he gets some godlike ki, and it's not enough to turn into SSJB of course. But everyone was surprised, and this entire thing looked like Trunks surpassed the SSJB, while that form's supposed to be as strong as SSJ3.
He will fight better than Goku who was also enraged. Now that wouldn't make much sense.

I agree with you about time travel plotholes and I decided not to take them seriously as in other series... however, I dislike a little about strength hierarchy plotholes... I expect a good resolution at least
Oct 9, 2016 6:05 AM

Oct 2013
GangsterCat said:
Horizon355 said:
the only plot hole here is trunks asspull power up

Yea that one only plothole trunks power up Nowhere.

Super Saiyan Rage Trunks very similar legendary Super Saiyan Broly with no pupil in eye.
Oct 9, 2016 6:23 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
One of the best episodes of this arc imo.

Trunk's new form seems like regular SSJ with blue aura and blue sparks, that blue aura could be God ki. Since Trunks has been around Goku/Vegeta, he probably absorbed some God ki. It has to be God ki since SSJ Blue has blue aura but wow Trunks is one strong guy now. If you think about it, he's achieved all this power on his own, unlike a certain Gohan.

Anyway, if hating Zamasu wasn't already high, there's even more reason to dislike this guy. Feel bad for Goku's family, getting killed by Zamasu. But they can wish them back with the Dragon Balls right?

So now we know the origins of Black. I'd say, Zamasu kills Goku and fam in a timeline where Buu is defeated and right before Ep 1 of Super.

Goku sure kicked some butt here. That rage boost, he was a beast. Funny how he punched Zamasu without looking at him, backhand punch. But man just when you think Black is getting owned, he comes right back and with more tricks up his sleeve. Attacks Goku with some technique that spears Goku with blades that self destruct.

Can't wait for the next episode. Trunks looks so amazing in that form. Forget SSJ 3, this new form looks even better.

Oct 9, 2016 6:34 AM

Jul 2015
tkrisz2 said:

I strongly relate.
Oct 9, 2016 6:51 AM

Jun 2010
Stash said:
During the episode I was wondering when are we going to get an asspull power up.. and we actually already got it. gg wp Toriyama. DBS is a disgrace to Dragon ball series.

Don't know what you are crying about, DB series as a whole is always about new 'power ups'. Personaly I thought Trunks new (LSSJ?) powerup was god damn epic.

Oct 9, 2016 7:11 AM

Jun 2016
caio_ken said:
This is without any doubt, one of the best episodes in Dragon Ball Super and DB history. Black, Zamasu, Goku, Trunks, the battles and the history, it was great!

yeah I agree with you this episode was epic.
Oct 9, 2016 7:20 AM
Jul 2011
there's one plothole: black is from another timeline, ok. so how can he manage to stay in future trunks' timeline using the time ring? because the ring let him go to goku's timeline only for a short time and then he was forced to go back to trunks' timeline again. after that, beerus says that he went to his "original timeline", it's not true now. i guess we should just ignore black travelling to the past. anyway, it didn't even happened in the manga.
Oct 9, 2016 7:21 AM
Apr 2014
The "gods of destruction" are the biggest fools of the universes if they just let their kaioshins die and drag them along to death, they're like Beerus, they just don't give a fuck lmao. What about Zeno and the attendants like Whis. This has to be one of the stupidest shit in DB ever. I was mind boggled when I read that. Forget all the timeline plot hole salad, this is absolutely retarded and is an unexcusable plot hole.
I feel like Zamasu is creating some power level inconsistencies, he's obviously nowhere near as strong as SSJ Blue, he's probably not even stronger than SSJ 2, so he should be dealt with easy so why was Vegeta just watching this whole episode?
I like that they finally adressed Trunks going back and changing the past and how it links to this current storyline.
I don't mind Trunks' transformation, it makes more sense than he straight up gets SSJ Blue power up, seems like his is a mix of SSJ with god aura, maybe because he was exposed to Goku, Vegeta, Beerus and co/trained with SSJ Blue Vegeta or something along those lines.
Drake1000Oct 9, 2016 7:27 AM
Oct 9, 2016 7:33 AM

Mar 2016
Hmmm I don't know what to think of this new transformation, I don't think Trunks really deserves it. I hope they'll have a good explanation for it.

Oct 9, 2016 7:53 AM

Oct 2012
I hope this is not another new transformation for Trunks,
We've already watch SSJ Blue and SSJ Pink, now SSJ + blue aura...

Best part in this episode is when Goku on rage and kickin both Zamasu and Black.
Anime List
Oct 9, 2016 8:07 AM

Nov 2013
Alright, lots has happened this episode! Very exciting:

+ that kabedon Zamasu gave Goku (LOL)
+ It was very interesting to see Goku fight from anger. The last time we saw this was when he was fighting Frieza and turned into SSJ.
+ Trunks' power up was great. He needed it I think, being normal SSJ he was quite behind the rest.

What I did not enjoy though - the usual DBS stuff:

- lack of blood. I mean...seriously?!
- the animation was rather rocky sometimes

Overall, very nice episode!
Oct 9, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2014
its always nice to see goku get pissed and be serious about the fight though didnt last long and also why is vegeta just standing around he's been so useless through out this whole arc so far smh

anyway next ep trunks all going broly and all cant wait
"one step at a time"
Oct 9, 2016 8:48 AM

Feb 2016
Awesome...........
Oct 9, 2016 8:52 AM

Mar 2013
HenryT said:

Actual dialogue in the episode.

Also, the most important scene in the episode:

Bromasu!

Holy shit Thanks for the laughs dude
Oct 9, 2016 8:55 AM
Aug 2013
All we need now is USSJ4 Blue Gogeta with 10x Kaioken

They should of had gohan come to the future in the time machine and do fusion with trunks instead of bulma

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedNov 25, 2016 12:58 PM
~AnimeDownUnder~

Oct 9, 2016 9:24 AM

Aug 2014
It's official.
Black and Zamasu are the new Team Rocket.

Also, Trunks turned into Broly.
LucDiswayOct 9, 2016 9:38 AM
Ruka desu.
Oct 9, 2016 9:26 AM
Nov 2013
jlvyn14 said:
Klad said:

The biggest plot hole is how they're all getting the god power so easily. And by easily I mean almost as easily as ssj after goku and vegeta had it.

Plus the time travel concept imo is just being abused to the point of there being more than 2 timelines. Plus none of this explains why the omnipower isn't getting involved into this.

That's not even a plothole. You might dislike it, I agree it became a bit too apparent as well, but it makes sense that once someone figures out the power to unlock it (SSJ in this case), it'll make it easier for others to unlock said power, because they can be specifically trained in it. No one really knew about SSJ aside from the myth. Vegeta thought it merely had to do with power, not that it was a transformation on it's own.

Extreme anger combined with a good battle power and an awareness of said power is what seems to unlock it. It's trainable, as long as you know what the triggers are. It's not a plothole.

Also for people crying about plotholes; the timeline stuff is confusing, but so far not a plothole. It looks to me that Black went back to the very start of Super (where goku is farming), before he had all his god powers or even met Beerus. It makes sense. Zamasu black is just another timeline, there's not plothole.
Oct 9, 2016 9:29 AM

May 2015
Stash said:

This has been the standard for years, what are you moaning about?
Oct 9, 2016 9:29 AM
Nov 2013
robertocabral said:
there's one plothole: black is from another timeline, ok. so how can he manage to stay in future trunks' timeline using the time ring? because the ring let him go to goku's timeline only for a short time and then he was forced to go back to trunks' timeline again. after that, beerus says that he went to his "original timeline", it's not true now. i guess we should just ignore black travelling to the past. anyway, it didn't even happened in the manga.

Manga in this case isn't official canon broski. Manga came after super anime. So technically super is the canon material.

But it's been said they're both following another story. Either neither is canon or both are.

In all honesty, people are trying to look into something that is a kids show waaaay too much. Dragon ball isn't about elaborate stories and shit. Stop reading so much into everything.
Oct 9, 2016 9:30 AM
Dec 2014
Nothing special in this episode beside the transformation in the end of the episode.I don't understand how people say the fight was good there a ton of anime with better fight than that we are not in 90's anymore. Especially the fist fighting it lacked intensity.
Oct 9, 2016 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
Leaving all the plot aside. Gotta admit this was hype asf.

This is the first time Goku got pissed since Frieza. Holy shit that's a long time ago. The way he was REKTing them and that back hand to Zamazu after instant transmission was HILARIOUSly epic XD

I'm really impressed by the art staying at least pretty consistent during these action full eps. And then we have Trunks...dunno how they'll explain but hype nonetheless lol
Oct 9, 2016 9:45 AM

Aug 2014
Barion-Zara said:

I'm really impressed by the art staying at least pretty consistent during these action full eps.

Yep, I'm sure you're right.
Ruka desu.
Oct 9, 2016 9:48 AM

Jan 2016
great comments everyone <3

So where is the Zamasu x Black Yaoi at?
so what does Zeno-chan think of all this? Calling bullshit they killed all the gods, isn't the whole point of being... **** this anime. And no, the earthlings were doomed anyway if Trunks didn't use time travel, so no matter what Earth would have been trapped in some kind of bullshit.
broly tier rage with SSB aura while still being SS.
honestly 5/5 because so ****ing bad i love it!

Oct 9, 2016 10:02 AM
Oct 2016
This episode was amazing. Goku getting angry after being told Black killed his family. We still havent found out what timeline the Black Goku's body is from. I am really curious if they will ever reveal that. Vegeta needs to step his game up. Did future trunks already have Super Sayian 2 or Did he only have Super Sayian 1 and Super Trunks? I think he had SS1, SS2 and Super Trunks. He looked like he was about to go SS3. But then he had lighting around him. He did look like Broly to so I don't know. So I really am curious on what the transformation will be called. Thought's anyone.
Oct 9, 2016 10:07 AM
Nov 2013
Lucky96u said:
Barion-Zara said:

I'm really impressed by the art staying at least pretty consistent during these action full eps.

> Said ''pretty'' consistent
> Uses ONE scene where it wasn't
> Thinks he proved his statement wrong

Are you illiterate? He said ''pretty consistent'' which does not mean ''constantly consistent''. Before bashing, at least try to improve your understanding of english.

SS2Sorin said:
This episode was amazing. Goku getting angry after being told Black killed his family. We still havent found out what timeline the Black Goku's body is from. I am really curious if they will ever reveal that. Vegeta needs to step his game up. Did future trunks already have Super Sayian 2 or Did he only have Super Sayian 1 and Super Trunks? I think he had SS1, SS2 and Super Trunks. He looked like he was about to go SS3. But then he had lighting around him. He did look like Broly to so I don't know. So I really am curious on what the transformation will be called. Thought's anyone.

They revealed it was merely another timeline, nothing more. I don't think there's much more to add to that. And Trunks had SSJ2 in Super. I believe he fought Goku in SSJ2 form. He didn't have it back in Z, though. So I assume he attained it in the time when he went back to when he came back.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedNov 25, 2016 12:58 PM
Oct 9, 2016 10:11 AM

Aug 2014
Dregora said:
Lucky96u said:

Are you illiterate? He said ''pretty consistent'' which does not mean ''constantly consistent''. Before bashing, at least try to improve your understanding of english.

...I'm not going to send every frame of the episode to prove that the animations are bad.
Not that I'm surprised, we're talking about Toei here.
Ruka desu.
Oct 9, 2016 10:20 AM
Nov 2013
Lucky96u said:
Dregora said:

...I'm not going to send every frame of the episode to prove that the animations are bad.
Not that I'm surprised, we're talking about Toei here.

I promise you that very few anime remain consistent if you are gonna look at them frame for frame. Your argument is still invalid. Most notably most shounen anime do this. The only exception I can think of is HxH.
Oct 9, 2016 10:21 AM
Oct 2016
Dregora said:
SS2Sorin said:

They revealed it was merely another timeline, nothing more. I don't think there's much more to add to that. And Trunks had SSJ2 in Super. I believe he fought Goku in SSJ2 form. He didn't have it back in Z, though. So I assume he attained it in the time when he went back to when he came back.

Do you think they will reveal it or they will leave us in the dark? Yeah I thought he had SS2 when he first sparred with Goku. I wonder if this is a once in a time transformation for future trunks ? Or will he perfect it and have it as his go to transformation. I honestly hate waiting a week in between episodes.
Oct 9, 2016 10:24 AM
Mar 2015
holy shit this episode - sad that Goku can't do shit because of immortality of Zamasu + Black can get a lot of hits on his body - he just could smash them, especially if Vegeta with Trunks could get into fight.

and this power-up from Trunks, HOLY SHIT. im so hyped to see more.
Oct 9, 2016 10:26 AM

Feb 2013
ECHOnce said:
Way too many plotholes from this ep's explanation of how Zamasu obtained Goku's body >>

They mentioned killing all the gods in the Future-Trunks timeline (we'll call it 1T, short for 1st timeline from here) as if they had done so before setting about killing all the mortals. If that were so, then Black managed to kill gods of destruction like Beerus from before meeting the present timeline (2T) Goku. Yet he claimed to have developed SSJ Rose after their only confrontation in 2T, and treated his SSJ1/SSJ2 as if they had been the strongest things he had faced since obtaining that body.

When Zamasu stole the body and killed the Son family, that should have created a new timeline (3T). We have no indication for when Gowasu was killed in 2T, but when the Son family is murdered, Goten was still a child. That means it would have taken place before the androids arrived, since Future Trunks would've been the same age. Tbh I can't recall whether Goku knowing Goten at that point would be a plot hole on it's own lmao.

Even ignoring all those plot holes and taking that info for what it's meant to say...it's kind of disheartening lol. We're essentially being told that Goku's body has the potential to become unchallenged in all the universes, since we haven't been told that Black's body is immortal like 1T Zamasu's (and even if he is immortal, he probably wouldn't have been of much help to Black anyhow).

Obviously shouldn't be looking for too much of a plot in a hype-based series like DB, but...this is just sloppy.

They killed the Kaioshins to kill Bills.
Wtf. Before the androids arrive? Are you really watching DB? This is in the episode 1 of DB Super in the 4th timeline where they construct a bomb to destroy the androids and the series progress similar to the main timeline

Lord_Odous said:
ZBRAillusion said:

I suppose the writers want us to assume that in this particular timeline, everything that opposes the Zamasus fail miserably.

With Goku seen plowing the fields and Goten spotted around 7 years old, I am guessing Zamasu took over his body before Majin Buu's arc.

(I wasn't sure if DBZ is still considered spoilers at this point but oh well gonna include the spoiler tag anyway)

Man, is quite obvious that this is the first episode of super.

Lelouch0202 said:
Well it was a good episode.

Let me try to get this straight
Timeline 1 : Cell Timeline, Possibly unrelated to any of the events happening now.
Timeline 2 : Future Trunks timeline where Goku died cause of the heart disease. Basically the timeline of the current episode and Zamasu is still alive.
Timeline 3 : 'Z' Timeline where Goku defeats Zamasu and eventually Zamasu is obliterated by Beerus. Effectively this timeline is safe

Now Black states that he is the Zamasu from the past, Meaning he went through the same experience as the Timeline 3 Zamasu (Referenced by the flashback shown as well). So I guess the only way to relate this information is that this is a new timeline, So now I guess we have

Timeline 4: Follows events of Timeline 3 but Zamasu is not killed by Beerus (Reasons unknown), Proceeds to collect Super Dragons Balls become Black and kill Goku's family. The scene depicting the death of Goku's family is kind of reminiscent to one of the early episodes of DBS where Goten brings Goku lunch. Now the thing here is that if Timeline 4 were to follow Timeline 3, Then Future Trunks should have arrived here as well as it's the main reason for the entire Goku-Zamasu meeting to even occur. If that meeting did occur then it makes no sense as to why Zamasu was not killed by Beerus in this timeline as well. Also everyone else can be assumed to be alive in this timeline.

Now if Timeline 4 were to exist as I said it does, Then we need another Future Trunks timeline where he interferes with Timeline 4 cause obviously the same Future Trunks can't have gone to two different timelines.
So we have,

Timeline 5: New Future Trunks timeline where he intervenes in Timeline 4 but possibly dies in the process since he has to set up the events of Timeline 4. In order for this Timeline to exist we need a new Black.
And so we're stuck in an endless loop of new timelines to fill up for every other one.

You know what, I think it's best for me to ignore the whole timeline concept since the writing feels very nonsensical or maybe I'm just overthinking like crazy or missed some important point. Dragon Ball is always best kept simple, I see that there's a lot of praise for this arc/episode but I don't think anything will ever top the Buu arc of DBZ.

The fight scenes were great, Goku getting angry was awesome.
Trunks transformation at the end was epic, It's kind of like that False Super Saiyan transformation in one of the DBZ movies. So False Super Saiyan Blue?

There's always more than three timelines.

robertocabral said:

There's no plot hole. The time ring can travel to the future but not to the past, it's stated in the anime.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

66 by TheColonel76 »»
May 23, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

92 by TheColonel76 »»
May 20, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2016

72 by TheColonel76 »»
May 14, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

86 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

79 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 28, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.