Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 27, 2020 8:32 PM

May 2019
Okay, finally the plot really provided some clearment.

- Momoka had the power to change the fate.
- She was not killed by the metro terrorism, but was consumed for using her power for a really big change of fate in 1995.
- Her brief meeting with the Sanatoshi of Destiny or whatever he is was because of that.
- The birth and the very existence of the brothers and Ringo have some relation with the Fate Momoka created.
- Death/Sacrifice flags raised to Kanba, Ringo and Natsume.
Sep 25, 2020 8:18 AM
Apr 2016
Probably my favorite episode so far — the backstory carried it for me.
Oct 3, 2020 8:55 AM

Jan 2013
Absolutely disturbing to see the way Yuri's father tried to "sculpt" her ... I wouldn't be surprised if she was sexually assaulted by him.

Interesting to see fate being "changed" through love, I wonder if that's what the series is trying to portray.
Nov 1, 2020 1:34 PM
Sep 2019
This show is terrible, why do people like it? Is it because of the fanservice? The "subtle" symbolism? The lazy minimalist aesthetics?
I surely hope it won't get worse than this episode. If so, that would be a 180 turn, and kudos to the authors!
Feb 11, 2021 4:51 AM

May 2020
This is the second anime I've watched with an artist father using his very young daughter as a canvas to indulge their artistic fantasies/abusive tendencies. Although this one had more of a sexual abuse overtone with it, whereas the other one was just abusive.

And both of them came out around the same time. Weird.
May 6, 2021 11:59 PM
Apr 2014
Ilasma said:
This show is terrible, why do people like it? Is it because of the fanservice? The "subtle" symbolism? The lazy minimalist aesthetics?
I surely hope it won't get worse than this episode. If so, that would be a 180 turn, and kudos to the authors!

I've been asking myself the same thing. I was intrigued at the beginning during the "crazy Ringo" arc. Everything past that point is beyond pretentious. The show tries so hard to convey meaningful messages with its symbolic portrayal of events, but results in viewers having a complete lack of connection with any of the characters. They literally mean nothing to me, and I don't feel any of their pain. Sometimes simplicity works best. I really hope things get better because I'm fucking regretting ever starting this piece of shit
May 7, 2021 2:57 AM
Sep 2019
MitochiThePochi said:
Ilasma said:

I've been asking myself the same thing. I was intrigued at the beginning during the "crazy Ringo" arc. Everything past that point is beyond pretentious. The show tries so hard to convey meaningful messages with its symbolic portrayal of events, but results in viewers having a complete lack of connection with any of the characters. They literally mean nothing to me, and I don't feel any of their pain. Sometimes simplicity works best. I really hope things get better because I'm fucking regretting ever starting this piece of shit

I'd suggest you to run away from this right here and now.
Jul 1, 2022 1:38 PM
Aug 2021
The new OP is also another banger. The band's other works in the opening songs of arakawa are also fun to listen to.
Cabbage_CatJul 1, 2022 2:02 PM
Nov 17, 2022 1:08 AM

Sep 2017
contrived coincidences all over the place.

First off, it was pretty dumb of Yuri to leave the phone on while she was doing the deed.

Second, for some reason both yuri and shouma are in the same hotel.

Third, Yuri goes into flashback mode instead of continuing to rape Ringo.

you cant just explain plot contrivance as fate.

and lol yuri suggesting shouma also take one round at raping ringo at the end.

stupid af plot.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 17, 2022 1:09 AM

Sep 2017
Ilasma said:
MitochiThePochi said:

I'd suggest you to run away from this right here and now.

Yeah same here. symbolism symbolism all over like fuck.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 29, 2023 2:45 PM

Sep 2014
Took me half a year to watch this episode and I dont even know why,

This show is just too insane, every episode feels like a full movie because no scene is boring.

Wtf happened to Yuri as a child?

Miss the old OP
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 20, 11:08 AM

Jul 2016
I'm sure Shoma knew Ringo was being metaphoric, but him going "but bugs have a short lifespan!" when she mentioned becoming a butterfly sounded so innocent of him. And of course he trips and knocks himself out when he was on the verge of saving her. Bless Shoma's soul bro.

Definitely see Yuri in a new light now. Man that dad is a monster.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

219 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 13 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Oct 10, 2011

48 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.