Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 4, 2013 6:04 AM

Jul 2013
I have never tried a beer before, nor am I allowed to, but I don't plan on drinking when I grow up. I don't seen the satisfaction in drinking. 90% of the time I am drinking water. There is the occasional watermelon smoothie or those Asian drinks my sister/mum buy me.
Aug 4, 2013 9:34 AM

Mar 2013
ZooCrew said:
Hey guys.
I know alot of you are underage and I also know that this isn't the most interesting topic, but the other day a friend and I were having a chat regarding drinking. I told him that I would often pull out a case or a 6 pack of beers and have a few drinks by myself, whereas he only ever drinks if he's going out or doing something socially. I was just curious as to people's own experiences, whether they drink just because they can, for strictly social occasions or whether they don't drink at all. Obviously useless thread is useless, but after having a few drinks myself, I'm curious as to others' opinions.
Do you drink alcohol and if so why?
It's not a party without drinking(or some good weed).It's perfectly natural for people at our age to drink at parties or when we go out with friends.Just don't do it on a daily basis.I personally drink hard seldom-once on 2 or 3 month's,and I don't even drink that much-no passing out,no puking(not sure about the puking though).When I start to get too drunk I just stop drinking and sober up.
So Far,so Good...So What!
Aug 4, 2013 9:54 AM

Aug 2012
SupaNiper said:
Feels said:
SupaNiper said:
Auxoran said:
SupaNiper said:
So who won?? The fight about my dick i mean.

No one won everyone lost

:S Damn it. Does that mean i lost my dick?

You lost your virginity to Lupadim.

I'm sorry.

It's ok. Lupadims dick is non-existent. I didn't even feel it.

How do you know about my dick?

I knew that MAL community was childish, but gay? Thats new
Aug 4, 2013 10:14 AM

Feb 2010
I used to empty one or two bottles of beer if it went well with what I was eating. But around three years ago I quit drinking alcohol at all, tho I wasn't much of a drinker.
LUL
Aug 4, 2013 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
lupadim said:
Alcohol is a very coward way of escaping from your problems, and will DEFINITELY kill you. You think you won't die by alcohol, but it speeds up your death at amazing ways, more than half people that drink alcohol die due to problems generated by it. Alcohol is one of the best ways of population control government as ever created, as he basically control a bunch of idiots (with all respect) that are drinking poison and loving it.
Goddamnit Lupadim, not this shit again. Beer is good for you in small amounts, and wine is incredibly good for you. If anything they'll extend you lifespan, and hard liquor will do little harm if you don't drink it in large amounts. Also, it isn't a "cowardly way to escape you problems", it's something that people enjoy, can unwind at the end of the day with, or use as a means of social interaction.

And "DEFINITELY" kill you? Bullshit, find me a recent study that says that. You know what will definitely kill you, something that has a 100% mortality rate? Life, no one has ever survived.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Aug 4, 2013 11:42 AM

Aug 2012
SupaNiper said:
Auxoran said:
lupadim said:
SupaNiper said:
Feels said:
SupaNiper said:
Auxoran said:
SupaNiper said:
So who won?? The fight about my dick i mean.

No one won everyone lost

:S Damn it. Does that mean i lost my dick?

You lost your virginity to Lupadim.

I'm sorry.

It's ok. Lupadims dick is non-existent. I didn't even feel it.

How do you know about my dick?

I knew that MAL community was childish, but gay? Thats new

What's gay about talking about other peoples dicks?

Isn't that perfectly normal?

Not really.
Sep 17, 2013 12:59 AM
Sep 2013
Adults of the right age occasionally indulge in alcoholic beverages, which are a multi-billion dollar company. However, spending tends to be more evident in dining places, where people have been steadily charged more for libations.
Sep 17, 2013 1:07 AM

Jul 2013
If you want to drink then do it, opposite if you don't want to then just don't. Most people on this site aren't even old enough to go to an R rated movie let alone drink so this is a rather useless question.

OT: I don;t see anything wrong with having a few beers or a shot or two when i'm alone. My apartment, it's my space to be comfortable and do what I want I pay for it and the beer/alcohol.

I don't get people who drink only for social occasions - personal opinion. I feel they are trying to prove something.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Sep 17, 2013 1:46 AM

Dec 2012
Long as nobody dies, alcohol is good

Sep 17, 2013 1:48 AM

Jun 2013
I might have the occasional beer or two but I usually only drink when I go to a party but since I don't care whether or not I drink I usually end up being the designated driver. When I do drink I try to avoid getting wasted but I have been more than a few times.
Sep 17, 2013 2:05 AM

Mar 2008
I only drink it as a actaul beverage for spicy food or fancy food that it would go well with but other than that i just drink to attempt to drink my problems away but i usually dont have high level of alchohol content drinks round so i usually wind up only half drunk and pass out asleep from being tired from it.
Sep 17, 2013 3:16 AM

Jun 2013
I drink alcohol when I need to feel sexy or when I don't want to see the difference between man and woman.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Sep 17, 2013 4:14 AM

Apr 2011
I'm more comfortable watching other people look like jackasses as they fall over and spill their drink on themselves.
Sep 17, 2013 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
I usually only drink once every month or two, and not shitty beer typically whiskey. I find beer is for after you've been working in the sun all day and need something to take the edge off or have during a bbq not to party with or bust out and drink it because "meh" why not mentality...
Sep 17, 2013 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
I don't usually drink. I just don't like the taste.
Sep 17, 2013 12:45 PM
May 2012
http://youtu.be/xv5B6DwSpu8

Relevant
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Sep 17, 2013 5:22 PM

Sep 2013
i drink at parties when its for free because i am a cheapskate and wont buy myself

Sep 17, 2013 7:58 PM

Apr 2009
Beer is probably one of my favourite drinks (along with tea), I just love the bitter, herb and rich taste of it. Of course other forms of alcohol can be pretty nice as well, but as others said: It's important how much and for what purpose you drink it. Not a fan of only drinking stuff with higher percentages as the goal should be an enhancement of your social or personal experience, not intoxicating your own body. And imho a good wine is just as important for fish dishes as a good sauce.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 17, 2013 9:54 PM

Dec 2011
lupadim said:
Alcohol is a very coward way of escaping from your problems, and will DEFINITELY kill you. You think you won't die by alcohol, but it speeds up your death at amazing ways, more than half people that drink alcohol die due to problems generated by it. Alcohol is one of the best ways of population control government as ever created, as he basically control a bunch of idiots (with all respect) that are drinking poison and loving it.

Is that why drinking wine is healthy for you? Please carry on with your facts lupadim, you are so intelligent that I feel semi-retarded in comparison.

I drink socially: parties, clubs, and sometimes just during light chats with friends. I don't see much point in drinking otherwise, but occasionally I'll be in the mood for a cold one.
Sep 18, 2013 7:34 AM

Aug 2012
holy shit gin makes my vision so blurry
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 18, 2013 8:22 AM

Aug 2013
I enjoy alcohol on occasion; it helps stimulate my creativity and it even cures my seasickness. A glass of wine a day is also healthy. When I was in high school, I would often take a few shots before presentations in order to gain some dutch bravery. :P

Anyway, when it comes to alcohol I prefer beer and vodka, since I live inside the glorious vodka belt, but in general I enjoy exploring all the different drinks from around the world--especially when I'm traveling.
MoogSep 18, 2013 8:27 AM
Sep 18, 2013 8:25 AM

Jul 2008
I only drink at...social gatherings. Drinking alchohol alone is kind of sad IMO.
Sep 18, 2013 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
2-D said:
I only drink at...social gatherings. Drinking alchohol alone is kind of sad IMO.

What about beer? Getting drunk alone is sad, but drinking beer's fine.
Sep 18, 2013 9:06 AM

Jul 2009
Nidstang said:
I'm more comfortable watching other people look like jackasses as they fall over and spill their drink on themselves.

Being the only sober person at a party can be hilarious.

I don't have a good head for alcohol so I never try to pass my limit.
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Sep 18, 2013 9:11 AM

Jul 2008
TheAsap said:
2-D said:

What about beer? Getting drunk alone is sad, but drinking beer's fine.

Yeah, guess I should have said that.
Sep 18, 2013 10:21 AM

Oct 2008
I used to drink alcohol 2-3 times/week but now i'm about to quit alcohol. Totally.
Sep 18, 2013 11:21 AM

Oct 2009
I'll be turning 21 in a couple months, though it's not like I haven't already drank. I plan to just get buzzed on my birthday but otherwise stay away from the crap.

Sep 18, 2013 2:43 PM
Aug 2013
XVIII said:
ZooCrew said:
I'm sorry, but what the shit is Colt 45 and blue Kamikaze. You have me fucking intrigued haha.
No wonder you don't know what Colt 45 is, you live in bumfuck NZ. It's the best beer in the world.

Blue kamikaze is vodka and other things. Tastes bubblegumish. One pitcher can black you out without warning bcus it's fucking delish.

Wait, hold on... You get pitchers of mixed drinks??? No wonder you black out.

I like to drink beer. It tastes great, but it is an aquired taste. I only have a couple usually, and on my weekend. I don't drink during the work week. I like a good red wine sometimes and Whiskey and diet coke is my favorite mixed drink, with a rum and diet coke second. I don't drink mixed drinks hardly anymore though, except maybe when I'm vacationing.

Drinking in excess is very unhealthy yes, but very small portions of red wine is good for the heart, and the doctor says you can get some health benefits from a beer a day. It's just a matter of being able to limit yourself to that much.
Sep 18, 2013 2:51 PM
Aug 2013
I forgot to list my new favorite drink... A little white lightening. Better known as Moon shine. And none of that store bought crap either, the home made stuff is far better... and stronger.
Sep 18, 2013 3:30 PM

Jul 2012
in the fabled past, i once got colt 45 ICE! i was a big drinker back then and it still fucked me hardcore. my boyfriend got sick for roughly a whole day lol.

seriously, malt liquor + ice? ghetto fabulous

i never ever saw it on the market again

just sayin.... carrry on.... i saw colt 45 mentioned lol
Nov 14, 2013 12:28 AM

Apr 2012
I only ever drink to be social. In my country, it's normal to have a few drinks around family, even as a pre-teen.
Nov 14, 2013 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
i stop drinking hard alcohol but beer is good
Dec 11, 2013 9:02 PM

Jul 2013
Infinite said:

Pretty much summarizes the reason why I drink. If I'm after something for its taste then I'll take a Pepsi or something, not something that tastes like utter shit. I only ever drink socially.

PITNB said:
Goon is pretty much the only thing I can drink since I became unemployed =( It hurts, it really does.

lupadim said:
I don't use alcohol to escape any of my problems, I drink it because it's fun and it makes me feel like I'm at the top of the world.
MinagatachiDec 11, 2013 9:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2013 10:05 PM

Oct 2013
I don't drink alcohol cuz I'm not a deliquent
Coño!
Dec 12, 2013 4:59 AM

Mar 2013
Beer, white wine, and cider. Have those when I'm all alone and experiencing the craves or for social reasons

I love you.
Dec 12, 2013 5:14 AM

Aug 2013
Rum with coke. Occasional single drink on a night like once every few month or so. If I have a night out usually around 4 rum and cokes followed by two cans of beer is enough for me.
Dec 12, 2013 7:56 AM

Apr 2009
i love drinking. typically when i'm out with friends, but i do drink alone sometimes too
usually just drink vodka when i'm out but can drink anything when i'm alone, i don't really care. i don't go for stronger stuff when i'm alone, though, unless it's only like two shots
though tbh i've been trying to limit my drinking because i usually overdo it (i don't get sick or anything, i have a pretty insane capacity, but just. yeah.)

i feel really bad for all of you who pay so much for alcohol tho. you can get a 1L bottle of vodka for 3 euros where i live. of course it's the worst vodka imaginable but it's not like it matters since no one really drinks it to enjoy it anyway
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Dec 12, 2013 8:55 AM

May 2013
I hate any kind of drugs, I have my own reasons...
Also there is no safe quantity to drink alcohol, despite of some "researches" founded by the industry says.
Dec 12, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2012
In some occasions, especially when a small circle of close friends get together, beer is good for talking.

In other occasions, like parties, stronger alcohol is needed to get everybody more hyper.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 12, 2013 9:34 AM
Jan 2009
Dec 12, 2013 10:08 AM

Mar 2012
Verumir said:
Also there is no safe quantity to drink alcohol, despite of some "researches" founded by the industry says.
How are you defining 'safe'? If one glass of wine is unsafe, then surely nothing is, or has ever been, safe.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 12, 2013 11:21 AM

Sep 2012
Y'all are rednecks for drinking colt 45. Quit being so frugal with your money and at least drop a dollar more for something better. Or at least put orange juice in it.
Dec 12, 2013 11:23 AM

May 2013
Oystercatcher said:
Verumir said:
How are you defining 'safe'? If one glass of wine is unsafe, then surely nothing is, or has ever been, safe.

Safe as, you will likely do harm to your body if you drink alcohol, there is no guarantee if you drinking only a glass of wine and get zero damage .You can get addicted by alcohol on your first try it's a small risk but it's possible. For all other diseases associated with alcohol there is no evidence of any benefit of low alcohol intake.
Anyway my point is that alcohol is a powerful drug, more dangerous than some illegal ones, therefore it should be viewed as a drug, everyone should be aware of it before drinking, and not thinking that it will be beneficial or even prolong life.
Dec 12, 2013 3:20 PM

Mar 2012
Verumir said:
Safe as, you will likely do harm to your body if you drink alcohol, there is no guarantee if you drinking only a glass of wine and get zero damage.
So it follows that anything that is likely to cause direct harm to your body -- in some way and of any degree -- is unsafe. Starchy and sugary foods/drinks are unsafe, not exercising is unsafe, exercising via. contact sports are unsafe, not educating yourself is unsafe, undergoing a necessary surgery that might have undesirable side-effects is unsafe, etc.

You can get addicted by alcohol on your first try it's a small risk but it's possible.
There's a small risk that you'll become hooked, for when 'addicted' doesn't technically apply, on anything on your first try.

For all other diseases associated with alcohol there is no evidence of any benefit of low alcohol intake.
I believe that this is wrong. I don't care about this topic enough to look into the empirical evidence, but it seems to me that many people find alcohol to be an effective tool for reducing stress. Stress is associated with a myriad of diseases and so alcohol is indirectly helping to prevent the existence of those diseases.

Anyway my point is that alcohol is a powerful drug, more dangerous than some illegal ones, therefore it should be viewed as a drug, everyone should be aware of it before drinking, and not thinking that it will be beneficial or even prolong life.
Eh. That just sounds like an anti-drug ad, whose purpose is to deflect attention away from the actual conversation. "In conclusion, you shouldn't do it because it's a drug and drugs are bad." Things like that just serve to distract; they don't add anything substantive to the conversation.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 12, 2013 3:22 PM

Nov 2012
drugs are bad, m'kay?
Dec 12, 2013 3:24 PM
Mar 2013
zoknimano said:
drugs are bad, m'kay?
What about medicinal drugs that save millions of lives every year?
Dec 12, 2013 3:26 PM
Jan 2013
What's with the increase in alcohol threads?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2013 10:42 PM

Nov 2012
Hulmy said:
New year eve coming

I always have problem with my friend cuz he want and me dont.
My friend would like to drink every time we meet, but I prefer to drink if there is a reason or occasion.
Dec 12, 2013 11:06 PM

Jul 2013
Hulmy said:

Check the date this thread got started...
Hi.
Dec 13, 2013 12:30 AM

Jun 2010
How I celebrated after writing my last final today. http://i.imgur.com/qOMeI6u.jpg

Also, next week I'll be able to do something in the States that I've already been doing legally where I live for the past 2 years. Too many stories with me and alcohol in that time.
someone173Dec 13, 2013 12:33 AM
BURSSS BURSSS BURSSS SWAG

-GMCFosho
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NEET vs Wage Slave (poll)

xZakai - Jun 17, 2021

41 by Timeline_man »»
7 minutes ago

» why spelling of english language is so hard? its the only language that has spelling competition?

deg - Yesterday

25 by Zarutaku »»
17 minutes ago

» A primer on nerd culture

coolyfruity - Yesterday

4 by AzafuseKingTora »»
45 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

60 by Lambofgenesis »»
1 hour ago

» What are you doing right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Mayhem- - Dec 25, 2020

466 by Lambofgenesis »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.