Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 23, 2012 8:02 PM

Oct 2012
Ah... yes... you COULD use that as a beach towel. However, it is really a pillow case
(抱き枕カバー / sakimakura kabā). So the idea is that you put a very long, thin pillow
inside it. Then you sleep with it. It is interesting to search Google Images for
抱き枕カバー in order to see the different pillow cases that are available. To break it
down for you a bit: 抱き = saki = to embrace; 枕 = makura = pillow; カバー = kabā
= cover. Do a Google search for ガールズ&パンツァー 抱き枕カバー to see the pillow
cases available for Girls und Panzer.
Dec 23, 2012 9:05 PM

Jan 2012
i think the entire series is just too fast paced. in episode 10 they already face the finals...

btw i don't like their idea to get hiatus (i think?)... there must be something fishy
Dec 23, 2012 9:10 PM
Oct 2012
fanks_177 said:
i think the entire series is just too fast paced. in episode 10 they already face the finals...

btw i don't like their idea to get hiatus (i think?)... there must be something fishy

Well, no one expected this to be a break out hit, so they thought they had to tell the entire story in 12 episodes, hence the pace. But if there is a season two, there is the world tournament, and if there is a third season there is the tank battle against the alien races......

As for the hiatus. It was a cumulative effect. They screwed up delivery of episode 6 due to some animation error, and this threw them off on the TV schedule, which pretty much ensured there would be a hiatus for the final episode. That 11 also got pushed was probably a corporate decision to have 2 together instead of a lone episode. Can't say I disagree with them on that decision.
Dec 24, 2012 8:35 AM

Oct 2012
Once again this week there has been an incredible sudden outpouring of Twitter traffic from the Girls und Panzer producers. I count 36 tweets from them so far, starting just as Episode 10.5 was airing in Tokyo. The show was broadcast on TOKYO MX starting at 1:00 am. Many of these tweets seem to be responses to specific technical questions from fans. Once noticeable difference from last week is that they did not finish off with a simple "We are very, very sorry" tweet. (申し訳ございませんが、どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。)

Director Mizushima hasn't tweeted anything in two days. This is a change from the past, since he used to tweet many replies to questions from individual fans. His twitter account is https://twitter.com/tsuki_akari His last tweet was slightly enigmatic.

Technical Advisor Suzuki hasn't tweeted anything related to Girls und Panzer. He also used to answer questions. Recall that he was the technical advisor for the military aspects of Upotte and Strike Witches. See https://twitter.com/yamibun

As usual, the voice actresses have been sending out their "official tweets", informing fans that Episode 10.5 will be airing. There has only been slight personalization. https://twitter.com/fuchigami_mai is for Miho's voice actress, Mai Fuchigami.

An exception is Sodoko's voice actress. In addition, she re-tweeted two of the producers' tweets that were specifically related to Sodoko. One was about the truck that they were driving while looking for unused tanks. See my Post #157 just below. The other was about where they were when they were writing something the night before the big match. See https://twitter.com/shiori_izawa

You can see all of the producers' tweets in Japanese at: https://twitter.com/garupan
okanaganDec 24, 2012 10:41 AM
Dec 24, 2012 10:38 AM

Oct 2012
At 5:30 in Episode 10, Sodoko was driving along the street in a small green army truck holding a megaphone and shouting, "If you find a panzer, please let us know immediately."

She is riding the Type 95 Small Personnel Carrier (九五式小型乗用車 / Kyūgo shiki kogata jōyōsha). Here are several webpages which describe it:

English:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_95_reconnaissance_car
http://www.strategyplanet.com/commandos/type_95.html

Japanese:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/九五式小型乗用車 (you must cut and paste this URL into another browser)
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ktgw314/5896638.html

There are a number of variations of this vehicle. So don't be too quick to complain that the Girls und Panzer version is inaccurate.

The Girls und Panzer tweet last night said:
このそど子がのっている車は、 (Kono Sodoko ga notteiru kuruma wa,)
くろがね四起という車です。 (Kurogane yonki toiu kuruma desu.)
この = this; そど子 = Sodoko; のって = riding; 車 = car;
くろがね四起 = an affectionate nickname for this specific vehicle
四 = 4 (indicating that this is a four-wheel drive vehicle)
i.e. "The vehicle that Sodoko is riding is a Kurogane four-wheel drive." (sort of like a Jeep)
okanaganDec 25, 2012 10:50 AM
Dec 25, 2012 5:09 AM
Dec 2010
Urgh, okanagan, forgive me for being so lazy, but could you just tell me what the tweet meant in contemporary english?
Dec 25, 2012 5:20 AM

Apr 2008
no_good_name said:
Any chance of a translation for those who cant read Japanese?
GnP comic strips (and actually a lot other comics, especially Touhou) does got uploaded to Danbooru where it's being crowd translated (when the translators got time). There's also NSFW pics though, although in thumbnail, so be warned.

Just search using the girls_und_panzer tag. :)

zenjamibu said:
^Oops. Didn't noticed that. I was talking about this other picture I saw on Twitter.

Ankou team's tank cannon is really short isn't it.
Compare it to the likes of Stalin or the Tiger P
nseikaDec 25, 2012 8:44 AM
Dec 25, 2012 10:12 AM

Oct 2012
newnar wrote:
Urgh, okanagan, forgive me for being so lazy, but could you just tell me what the tweet meant in contemporary english?

Uh, yeah. I see what you mean. I lack confidence to give a translation into English since my Japanese is really poor. But my amateur attempt at a translation is: "The vehicle that Sodoko is riding is a Kurogane four-wheel drive."

Then have a look at my Post #157 to see the details about the Kurogane 4WD. Basically, it is the Japanese equivalent of a Jeep. I am a huge Sodoko fan. That is why I picked out this particular tweet to translate. There were a total of 34 tweets that came out from the GuP producers just as Episode 10.5 was airing. Their tweets in Japanese are here: https://twitter.com/garupan By the way, even if you know no Japanese, those tweets often include links that you can click on. That will take you to webpages where you can see interesting stuff.
okanaganDec 25, 2012 10:55 AM
Dec 25, 2012 11:15 AM
Nov 2012
nseika said:
[

zenjamibu said:
^Oops. Didn't noticed that. I was talking about this other picture I saw on Twitter.

Ankou team's tank cannon is really short isn't it.
Compare it to the likes of Stalin or the Tiger P

That's Ankou team with the original PzKpfw IV Ausf D variant , with the short barrel L/24 75mm gun. The Pz IV was later up-gunned in episode 8 when it was up-gunned to a high velocity L/42 barrel of the same 75mm. It also received additional armor and a slightly modified turret to make it an/look like Ausf F1 variant. In episode 10, Ankou's tank received additional Schürzen side armor [and a ghastly paint] to make it an Ausf G, the ultimate version of the PzKpfw IV, before a unnecessary Zimmerit paste of the Ausf H.
I wonder why did't they used the episode 7 ending caricature of Ankou team, which shows the long-barrel Ausf F.

I don't think the tank Katyusha and Nonna are riding on is a Josif Stalin. JS-2 has muzzle brake and 2 spare tanks on either side as opposed to the 1 on either side and rear spare tanks. Looks to me like a T-34/85 considering it has a commander cupola.

Where is Saunders with their Sherman M4A1/Firefly and Black Forest Peak and the mighty Henschel Tiger I
Dec 27, 2012 5:55 AM
Feb 2012
After the emotional battle against the Russian time I can't wait to see how the finals play out. I severely misjudged this series but I sure am glad to have picked it up in the end.

Now to wait for three long months...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 27, 2012 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
GuiltyKing said:

Now to wait for three long months...

Its killing me.
Dec 27, 2012 9:23 PM
Nov 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

One of the strengths of GuP is that it isn't an adaptation of a manga. There is a manga, but it's an adaptation of the anime and trails it. This allows more a more cinematic approach. This anime shows, rather than tells. Music is used to set the mood in GuP; this is rare in anime. It works.
Dec 30, 2012 4:50 AM

Sep 2008

Full version!
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Dec 30, 2012 5:33 PM

Feb 2010
Good Episode. now I got to endure 3 months of waiting hehe.
Jan 8, 2013 10:37 PM

May 2012
Found this on twitter. It is now complete. :)

Feb 6, 2013 6:52 AM

Apr 2009
Semifinals victory by the skin of their teeth. "girigiri"

Now that the Russian/Soviet themed team is out of the running, the last remaining opponent on the way to becoming champion is the German themed team, Black Forest. As with Pravda who fielded mostly T-34 medium tanks, as expected Black Forest's lineup is composed of mostly Panther medium tanks.

Equipment reinforcements come in the form of the newly restored Porsche prototype Tiger heavy tank and Type-3 Chi-Nu medium tank, Imperial Japan's best, last and untested tank of WWII. The Panzer IV and 38(t) also get final upgrades.

Final lineup by Oarai's teams go up to 8 internationally mixed tanks vs Black Forest's 20 German tanks. Black Forest's tactic of attacking through the woods is reminiscent of the Ardennes assault by the Germans in WWII for the Battle of France and the Battle of the Bulge.

On the character development side of things, it's nice to see Hana get a reconciliation of sorts with her mother. Also good to see almost every team they beat visited Miho for encouragement just before the start of the match. Wow, everyone was eating a variation of katsu the night before the final match. katsu, Japanese for "win" so - katsu (food) for the win. Nice wordplay there.
Mar 18, 2013 10:45 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
I like the character development
Mar 27, 2013 3:59 AM

Feb 2012
Ouch going off some the comments in the early pages glad I wasn't watching the show while it was airing. Anyway great conclusion to the semifinal match.
Apr 4, 2013 3:33 PM

Dec 2009
Lovely not having to wait for the final episodes. I'm excited!
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 28, 2013 4:30 PM

May 2012
Nice they won but now an even bigger treat is near! Lets see what the recap episode has to offer and what the last 2 episodes will!
Dec 14, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2008
It is interesting how they are in a "national tournament", but lots of the other schools seem to be British, Russian, German, etc. That feels like an international tournament to me lol.
Dec 14, 2013 11:55 PM

Oct 2012
Hi GarLogan78.

It actually is a national Japanese tournament. All of the girls are Japanese. But
each school has a theme. So at St. Gloriana, the girls use British tanks and they
pretend to be British. At Kuromorimine, the girls use German tanks, and they all
act like they are German. Every high school involved in the tournament has some
country as a theme, with one exception. The Ooarai team does not represent
any country. They have a mixture of tanks from many different countries. I am
hoping that we will see a future season in which they compete with other
countries.
Dec 15, 2013 3:38 PM

Jul 2008
okanagan said:
Hi GarLogan78.

It actually is a national Japanese tournament. All of the girls are Japanese. But
each school has a theme. So at St. Gloriana, the girls use British tanks and they
pretend to be British. At Kuromorimine, the girls use German tanks, and they all
act like they are German. Every high school involved in the tournament has some
country as a theme, with one exception. The Ooarai team does not represent
any country. They have a mixture of tanks from many different countries. I am
hoping that we will see a future season in which they compete with other
countries.

Haha I see. That is interesting.
Mar 3, 2014 11:02 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is gettig better every episode.I love how they are so friendly.
Miho's mother is so stupid i hate her,i hope they won.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 26, 2014 6:12 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Make way for the tanks and the preparation for the final battle.
Narration pleasing to the many new and have managed to create a good atmosphere before the last match.
Final episode really engaging, the plot twists are always great.
Drawing more than good as standard, but the best is always represented as the CG of the tanks, truly exceptional.
Now I await only the last two episodes and its OVA, waiting for the movie.
Jan 27, 2015 1:25 AM

Aug 2008
zenjamibu said:
Found this on twitter. It is now complete. :)

Cute ending. Super deformed small tanks being driven by super deformed cute girls popping up from said tanks. I'm into military in general, and so that was awesome.
Oct 20, 2015 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
lol, Nekonyaa is the most Weeabooish username ever.

Also, how come it just so happened that everyone was eating chicken katsu? Was that product placement?

Takuan_Soho said:
fanks_177 said:

Well, no one expected this to be a break out hit, so they thought they had to tell the entire story in 12 episodes, hence the pace. But if there is a season two, there is the world tournament, and if there is a third season there is the tank battle against the alien races......

Yes, because aliens would totally use tanks rather than UFOs, right?
D-ohnutsJun 12, 2019 7:07 AM
Dec 26, 2015 12:28 PM

Sep 2014
Amarrez said:
>Hetzer upgrade to Pz38(t)
>Tiger (P)
>All those delicious late war German tanks/tank destroyers
>Kelly's Heroes scene
>Erika playing when Black Forest start firing

Episode of the year. Supposedly this episode was rushed out, according to the director, but I saw no evidence of that.

I LOVED the Kelly's Heroes reference!!
(I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.)
Nov 30, 2016 1:07 PM

Dec 2013
Looking forward to this last match.
Dec 12, 2016 7:17 PM
Nov 2016
I don't know if anyone would still be reading this forum, but can anyone tell me what the sign says that the hallway monitors (or "morals committee") are shown creating?
Dec 25, 2017 10:57 PM

Sep 2013
Wow, that new team of video game girls didn't last long!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 7, 2019 1:14 PM
Sep 2007
Let's add untrained group that can barely make their tank move to the match with the most powerfull opponent we've met so far. What could possibly go wrong?

That scene with Porsche Tiger's diggng into earth, overheating and catching fire... right after girls mention these things that Tiger's prone to :D . It look like this one won't be very useful.
korsarzJan 7, 2019 1:50 PM
Nov 10, 2019 7:05 AM

Sep 2018
Beginning of episode with bated breath, but it seemed almost a certainty the victory of the protagonists, the narration finally shows us the last characters that had been announced in the opening from the beginning but still had to show up and with them other tanks also arrive, not bad ! The narration as it has accustomed us from the beginning, manages to juggle tank battles and carry on a Slice of Life trait, which does not hurt and at the same time build the characters, great! New ending again.

Wow! Quote from Guderian .
Apr 30, 2021 9:41 AM

Mar 2016
So a new battle commences. I gotta say as before the theme was fighting the Soviets, now it's fighting the Germans.

You can hear Erika, a German marching song in the background of the conflict.

I love this anime.

Nov 5, 2021 4:36 AM

Jun 2016
Erika playing while the Germans Black Forest Academy surprise-blitz through a forest at the start of the battle... why is this not listed as comedy? Is it too smart for that or too stupid?

korsarz said:
Let's add untrained group that can barely make their tank move to the match with the most powerfull opponent we've met so far. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, can't say for certain it was the gamers' fault considering they just so happened to find that tank abandoned in a full parking lot. It balances itself out in a dumb narrative way.
Dec 31, 2021 2:28 PM

Jun 2016
The calm before the storm. Ooarai made it to the final, narrowly beating out Pavdra. It's great to see good sportsmanship from the Pravda commander, Katsuya. Senshadou will truly shape the world.

Ooarai also got new tanks and thus some new teams. Random, put together teams, but Ooarai will take whatever they'll get.

I think they might have learnt from this battle that going all-out assault is never always the answer. This match tho -between Ooarai and Kuromori- should be a god one, knowing that a sort of sibling rivalry is at the centre of it.

Oct 20, 2022 2:31 PM
Dec 2013
Saori's really ruining the show for me. I wish she would shut up.
Dec 16, 2022 7:23 AM
Sep 2021
The battle with Pravda High School just so frickin cool. Nice.
Feb 3, 2023 10:36 AM

Jan 2021
I have the power of friendship and High Explosive Squash Head on my side.
Mar 24, 2023 10:54 AM

Aug 2019
only two eps left? this sure went by fast
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2023 6:58 PM

Jan 2011
ah yes the Porsche Tiger... what an overdesigned piece of shit tank that was, the one tank that can challenge the Bob Semple as the worst WW2 tank
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Jan 2013
I loved the episode for the fact that they showed us a more cleared picture of Oarai's girls feelings before a match. I also liked very much the touchy conversation beetween Miho and the girl that she saved - even though we may never learn her name, xd.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

okanagan - Mar 25, 2013

274 by aimso1 »»
May 19, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 8, 2012

250 by shawn77134 »»
May 12, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.