Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 20, 2023 5:33 PM
Apr 2015
i really enjoy learning more about this world the wordlbuilding is done so well and the characters are all interesting in their own way
May 20, 2023 6:48 PM
Aug 2021
In comparison to the other episodes this one felt light, I had gotten used to the unforgiving attitude of the island but now they find a mercifull monster and face a bunch of wholesome moments. It was a break from the constant "survival" feel the show has and gave us a moment to look onto different characters personalities.
May 20, 2023 9:20 PM
Feb 2020
Mei's and the Tensen's introduction!! ost was pretty banger this ep too
May 21, 2023 7:21 AM
Jan 2023
Great episode with a sad ending
May 21, 2023 7:58 AM
Jul 2022
The mc is getting his character development. In the end of the episode it felt to quite and I think perhaps the other two characters killed off groot because they already now have an idea of were the elixir could be .
May 21, 2023 8:27 AM
Apr 2023
I guess my highlight for this episode is Mei - she is so cute <3 and can seriously kick ass too. She is voiced by Kohara Konomi, same voice actress of Fujiwara Chika from Kaguya-sama.

At least now, they got more solid info about where the elixir/tan really is, and what obstacles they will need to tackle. With such info on hand, Gabimaru just becomes more hellbent on returning to his wife.

I do hope his wife is still there - I have a feeling she was already given to another shinobi or worse, force-impregnated by a lot of other shinobis from their village :(
May 21, 2023 7:16 PM

Feb 2019
I'm liking this show more and more with each episode. The dynamic between Gabimaru and Sagiri is just so so so much fun to watch, and it's great to see all these characters finally get a break and relax a little. I was wondering why the show felt so dark (aside from everything else) and part of it is probably that the characters haven't gotten a chance to rest at all since the beginning

Getting to see that flashback was also really sweet, and just hearing that whole speech about being able to let yourself relax so you can make it through life honestly hit pretty hard. I also loved how hearing Sagiri say a line and then Gabimaru hears it and remembers his wife saying the same thing in a different context, I just love it when anime do that
"Do you believe in gravity?"
May 22, 2023 8:11 PM
Dec 2022
so this episode is the source of Radagon at home meme made by Elden Ring players
quite disturbing but the VA is Suwabe Junichi 
May 23, 2023 7:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
great information although insufficient to my understanding!!! kekeke
May 23, 2023 11:47 AM

Aug 2020
3/5

Another decent episode. This one had lots of info dump and a possible antagonist established

The mysterious little girl chase was done decently. Good overall direction and fluidity. Our group gets to the village and hang about. Suzihara is a complete mood this whole episode. All sorts of information on Tan and it's reprecussions were divulged including Tensen, an Immortal being apparently that can shape shift between a man & woman. Choso and his brother get done quite easily by one of these "Tensen". The latter bits felt too filler-ish for my taste and I was literally waiting for the episode to end at some points ngl. Yeah, it was all hot & steamy and Yes, Gabimaru fans might be eating good but I don't care for his same old bsckstories that add nothing new to his character. It's like....Get to the point already!!!

That aside, a decent episode. Next one should be interesting and I wanna see how they adapt it~~
May 26, 2023 4:14 PM
May 2022
The wood creature was really cool :D Let's see how many more mysteries we will face...
May 27, 2023 9:12 AM

Jun 2013
Why are people calling this show too "edgy" when shows like Dead Play, Death Mount exist? Lol
臭い-
May 28, 2023 2:16 AM
Mar 2023
So Gabimaru slowly starts to open up. Interesting
May 29, 2023 2:39 AM

Nov 2021
Nice and chill episode, Gabimaru and Yui are a great couple
May 29, 2023 9:58 AM
Jul 2022
Pretty great animation
May 31, 2023 5:18 AM

Dec 2013
Nice to learn more about this weird island. I hope we learn more about these two.
Jun 3, 2023 11:49 PM

Aug 2019
Overall a really chill ep. Tbh the gang really needed this one, after like a day and a half fighting for their lives all of them could use the down time. I just find it a bit to comical that there actually was a bath house and how intact it was compared to the rest of the village, Yuzuriha definitely knew what her priorities were as well.

Massive lore drop tho from the talking tree. Basically confirming the Elixir is real and he is living proof, how the island is separated into 3 religions and the Tensen. They seem to be the next big problem, immortal beings with strong powers that won't let trespassers ever leave the island are some big words. The brothers sadly didn't get the memo tho.

Second half was, really chill. Damn seeing more moments between Gabimaru and his wife is so sweet. Idk something about jaded characters like Gabimaru that have been through shit their entire lives, then meeting a loving other that brings their humanity back and they slowly grow on one another is some serious gourmet shit.

Props to Sagiri also, she did a really good job at handling and calming Mei down and I definitely didn't expect her to pull out a her lvl 10 job skill of authentic Edo style bathhouse experiences.

Bonus:

Jun 5, 2023 5:44 PM

Jan 2022
The little girl is quite interesting. I feel like she's linked to the Tensen and somehow the Tensen will help them out because they didn't harm the little girl. This episode was beautiful almost?
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 5, 2023 9:45 PM
Aug 2020
Seventh Episode is heart warming because of Gabimaru who said that scars don't matter you are still beautiful whatever you are said to his wife that she still beautiful even though she has a scar on her face.
Jun 6, 2023 1:53 PM

Jan 2023
Finally, after all the fights and hardships, a calm moment. Heroes were able to relax and unwind, though not all.
L1on777Jun 6, 2023 1:57 PM
Jun 11, 2023 1:57 PM
May 2020
The narration and animation are great. The message he has given about the beauty of scars (it is almost always a sign of honor for men, but a stain for women).
Jun 18, 2023 11:00 PM
Aug 2021
Sagiri bath edition 10/10.
Jun 27, 2023 4:42 PM

Feb 2018
Gabimaru and the group had it pretty easy in this one, with the bath and stuff (Yuzuriha made sure to enjoy that).
A decent bit of info about the island.
These Tensen definitely seem like they could be a problem (looking at how they dealt with Choubei and Touma), since they also can heal really easily.
Jul 1, 2023 12:20 PM

Aug 2021
pretty solid episode. good considering we've been on a quality skid lately
Jul 5, 2023 4:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good to have more information about this island and the elixir, which is in the middle and third part of the island so now they know what to do, but these immortals sure are something especially with this little girl that you could almost see as Gabimaru and Sagiri's adoptive daughter already (xD), but I like Gabimaru's making her more confident about her scars since he did the same regarding his wife.
Jul 5, 2023 9:33 PM

Jul 2008
Welp....a hot springs episode.

RIP to the brothers.
Jul 11, 2023 2:54 AM

Feb 2021
We got info about the Soshin and the Tensen. The Tensen are basically the 'gods' of this island. They have this mysterious glowing aura, eternal youth, and immortality it seems. Maybe the Elixer of Life, Tan is the source of all of this.

Are the mountain bandit brothers captured? I don't think they would be done so easily.

Hoko and Mei are a pretty cute duo ngl.

That backstory of Gabimaru and his wife was so fucking wholesome man. No wonder bro wants to go back to his wife. She is his shelter.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jul 16, 2023 9:38 PM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
Tree man provided some pretty good info. Thanks!
Jul 17, 2023 10:30 PM
Mar 2019
Firstly I wanna talk about the Elixir being real and the threat of the Tengen, they are immortal beings, the same as the old Treant and the little girl. But if you notice, although they are "immortal" and can't be killed/hurt it seems that the girl has a large scar on her back, I think this will be very important later on in the story but for now it has strengthened the storyline and has given us direction into what we are looking forwards to. Nextly the Bath scene where Gabimaru goes into the bath and has a bit of a flashback to his wife. It seems like his wife is 100% an amazing woman, so I trust that she hasn't installed anything completely crazy into Gabimaru's head. The little girl seems to be mute but most likely there is a reason for that as well. Anyways next episode we will be in the middle of the island most likely searching for the Tengen, I cannot wait to see how Gabimaru and Sagiri, etc. deal with them!
Jul 27, 2023 9:22 PM
Jul 2023
The final bathhouse scene was pretty good. The line about not being worried about appearance was nice and Sagiri's reaction to it was the best thing so far.
Aug 3, 2023 7:25 PM

May 2015
I figured this from the start (thanks to that one FGO event), but I guess this episode confirms it. They're looking for Hourai, aka Mount Penglai. Which means that Xu Fu could show up at some point, since he never returned from his second mission.
Aug 4, 2023 5:27 PM
May 2020
Um episodio de pausa um pouco mais descontraído depois de muita ação que cumpriu seu papel mas só isso mesmo.
Eu achei a trilha sonora boa mas mal usada desde o primeiro episodio e o anime tem algumas personalidades muito forçadas
O negocio dos gurus achei interessante, se for bem trabalhado pode ter um bom plot 
Gostei ta ultima cena que o protagonista fala para a menina não esconder a cicatriz
dannhn223Aug 4, 2023 9:31 PM
Aug 8, 2023 2:49 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Oh, so there are immortal beings. And they can change gender apparently? Also, they are ... flowers right? I mean he restored himself by building up plantlike stuff. The brothers seem in a situation where I guess they gonna die soonish? Can't imagine them surviving this.
The little girl is cute. Wonder if the other 2 will try to kill them off and she gonna protect them together with treeman. 

Aug 30, 2023 2:38 PM

May 2016
This gotta be my favorite episode so far, this little girl I really wanna know her origin.
Sep 3, 2023 3:46 PM

Feb 2018
Start of the episode went hard ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Also Gabi's wife is a gem :')
Sep 5, 2023 5:38 AM

Mar 2015
We finally meet some of the island residents!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 11, 7:25 AM
Nov 2020
i really started to care about the way gabimaru feels about his wife. Maybe their whole relantionship in general is what i like, but i can finally say that i like gabimaru and his objectives(i mean his wife)
Jan 15, 8:53 AM

Apr 2013
Women really like bathing in anime, huh? I prefer the Gabimaru style, just a shower is fine.
Jan 16, 6:32 AM
Jan 2024
in this episode the anime makes the carecters fell calm after all those batteling na some how i felt calm to
Feb 14, 2:56 PM

Jul 2021
Though i do enjoy this show, there is one thing stopping me from likeing it more and thats Sagiri. She has her moments but overall i dislike her.

Overall this episode was enjoyable i like that tree guy he was pretty chill, and those shapeshifting gods were weird.

After this episode two people have become some of my favourite characters that being Aza Choybei and Touma there cute together.

Mar 26, 5:54 PM

Jul 2013
So, is Mei human? Groot said they've been there for hundreds of years
May 22, 10:05 PM

Aug 2019
The pink-haired girl is giving me Yachiru from Bleach vibes.
Jun 1, 6:43 PM

Oct 2022
My face couldn't help but to show a huge grin when the wife agreed with his request about her hair.

Jun 9, 5:17 AM
Nov 2016
After the shitty previous episode, this one wasn't so bad, I kinda enjoyed it and we are finally getting some development in the story.

I have to say though, that little chubby guy with the glasses is useless, he hasn't done anything since arriving on the island, did they really send a bunch of newbies like him on the island to decapitate the prisoners? That useless little chubby guy better be acting, I expect him to turn into Aizen or some shit, it's not like I dislike that character because I don't, he's chill and likable and I actually like him, but again, sending newbies to that island to supervise criminals who are clearly stronger than them is just fucking dumb, my problem isn't with that useless chubby guy, my problem is with the story that is weak because of shit like this, it's weak writing man so he better turn into Aizen or some shit because if he ends up being useless I will have to remove another point from this anime.

And why do you have to turn the girl into a man?
Jul 11, 12:15 AM

Apr 2017
Melhor entre 1 ao 7? Meta morfo tipo anjo, Sagiri amando a garotinha como mãe, e o guardião explicando o purgatório e a morte certa na ilha.
Sonho: homem mais forte.
🫶🥟🦎♾️❤️‍🔥❄️
Jul 14, 10:10 AM
Mar 2018
Some interesting new characters in this episode! Can't wait to learn more about them, especially the source of the pink-haired girl's power.

I really enjoyed the last few minutes at the bath. I thought Gabimaru was really kind and thoughtful.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Why are the animations so bad? ( 1 2 3 )

ScrewFiction - Aug 27, 2023

119 by OvergrownRover »»
Sep 11, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

243 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 9, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

313 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

361 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

556 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.