Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 15, 2018 7:04 AM

Apr 2018
Well, many reasons. But they're internal factors (from the anime itself) rather than external factor. Mostly, it's because annoying characters.

I don't pay attention or look for what people think about an anime before I watch it myself.
Aug 15, 2018 7:58 AM

May 2018
joykiller91 said:
xStarryEyed said:
- bad animation (bothers me a lot for some reason)
- annoying anime girls (almost all of them)
- bad plot
- too long (that's the problem with me, I can't begin to watch an anime with too many episodes)
- dull (watching becomes forced)

fandoms don't bother me that much, yet

I think the bad fandoms sprout more with the longer anime episodes. From what I've seen anyway.. it's rare to get toxic with the shorter ones.
What's the longest anime you've watched?

Ig I'm lucky I don't really see much of the bad animation, like I'd read people say the fight scenes are too stiff while I'll be it's okay. Unless the animation is like in your face bad I'm too blind to see the rest lol~

The longest one is probably Haikyuu with 60 episodes, but there are 3 seasons so it was easier to watch for some reason.

For example, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has 64 episodes in only one season and it suddenly seems that there are too many episodes to watch lol

I like ones with 12 episodes per season the most.

I think animation is made badly when characters look weird and details are almost nonexistent. In my opinion some of the best animations are in Psycho-Pass and Cowboy Bebop.
Aug 15, 2018 8:10 AM

Sep 2014
If watching it becomes a chore, I stop.

Also, too much female fanservice.
Aug 15, 2018 8:12 AM

Apr 2018
joykiller91 said:
9mm_Revy said:
for me it would be a variety of reasons such as: terrible art/animation, terrible VA, poorly written or repetitive story, or the show just has too many episodes.

Curious, What's an example example that you dropped?
Oh so what's the longest anime episode you've watched?

Well I don't really drop much shows because I normally do a bit of research before I add them to my to watch list, So I'll read the synopsis and check the genre tags, and watch the first episode in its entirety or about half of if it. The shows that I have dropped are shows like XXX-holic (I really don't like that art style....), I've dropped this one pretty old show from the late 70s early 90s that had 3 or so OVAs and I felt that it just seemed very slow with the pacing, it wasn't going anywhere and before it was halfway over I already wanted to drop it because it was turning out so boring. I think Fairy Tale is the only anime on my "to watch list" even though it has 400+ episodes, but I usually don't add shows that have more than 50 (although I do have a few and am currently watching Blood+ which does have about 50). Longest anime series I watched would probably have to be "You're under arrest" which with all it's episodes, OVA, and Movies, it came out to about more than 100 episodes. How about you? anyshows you have dropped for any reason?
Aug 15, 2018 8:42 AM

Sep 2016
Honestly there are a lot of things that make me stop watching but I try to pull through mainly with shows if I like the story.

The 2 reasons why I would stop a show would be:

1. If the story is really bad and I just can't sit through it anymore.
2. The main character(s) design (Like Accel World) if they are bad (to me) I really can't watch.
Aug 15, 2018 8:53 AM

Aug 2017
i stop an anime if it's taking a path that is completely stupid or if it's turning stupid in any way, basically if it creates disinterest in me. the fanbase can contribute to it too, it's not a major factor, but it can always imply if I'm continuing or not
Aug 15, 2018 9:22 AM

Apr 2009
joykiller91 said:
Prankster_001 said:
Well the one that stops me from watching an anime is if they use too much of the plot,the fanservice and of course the predictable bad animation and in some cases i often read the reviews of that anime b4 i watch it

What do you mean in "use too much of the plot"?
if the plot is in the story itself to be specific
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Aug 15, 2018 9:25 AM

Feb 2010
When characters in 'romance' anime ignore consent and it isn't criticized within the narrative, or maybe even portrayed as something positive.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 15, 2018 9:29 AM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
Once I seriously start an anime, I have a no-drop rule. So anything that would stop me from watching would have to be something I can tell from the outside. Those things would be:

--a genre I'm just not interested in (particularly CGDCT and isekai)
--a low score in a genre I'm only sort-of interested in
--anything that looks pedophilic or just feels weird (looking at you, Super Lovers)
--something that's long and not well-renowned (i.e. Fairy Tale)

...That's about it.

落ちていく涙さえ偽りと引き換えに
言い訳を繰り返してを生きる
この悲しみの果てにある明日は
怯えてるこの心ただ蒼く染めてく
に塗れた美しき世界で霞ゆく眩しさに
手を伸ばそうとを仰いだ
Aug 15, 2018 9:43 AM

Nov 2016
I usually just avoid stuff whose art and animation looks generic or terrible and whose plot summaries sound dull. Of course, if it's something that looks like it'll appeal to me and I've wanted to watch it for a while I'll give it a try, but if stuff like excessive fanservice or other overdone tropes appear constantly, I'll most likely drop it and move on.
currently: doing my best!

Aug 15, 2018 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
I don't judge anime before fully completing it, so features of an anime don't stop me from watching any anime. Boredom or losing interest are the only reason I stop watching any anime
Aug 15, 2018 10:00 AM

May 2018
-Boring characters
-Bad animation
WOW
Aug 15, 2018 10:15 AM

Dec 2016
Whiny MCs who contribute little beyond plot catalyst trigger.
⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  Umehara is my daily dopamine  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
Aug 15, 2018 10:57 AM

Jan 2009
The art or more so the picture for the anime on the site. If I don't like the way it looks then I won't watch it usualy. Not always but sometimes. Then also one I think for a lot of people if it's not subed
at all.
Aug 15, 2018 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
Ships smh. I hate it when there is some kind of weird tsundere chemistry between characters in anime and I hate it when people ship them together
Aug 15, 2018 11:05 AM

Sep 2015
joykiller91 said:
loccodaniel1 said:
- Negative reviews
- Low score
- Too long or too short
- Bad art or animation

Too short? Like short episodes? or 12 set episodes?
Curious, what's the longest episode count you've watched?
Short as in episodes that are 10 or less minutes, i just can't really invest myself emotionally. As for too long, the longest one I've seen is Naruto, but i'm currently trying to watch One piece. But only reason i'm watching it is because of how popular it is.
Aug 15, 2018 11:21 AM

Aug 2017
The moment I see any fanservice—bouncing breasts at the slightest of movements, pointless panty shots and the like—is the moment I give the show a 1/10 and move on to the next thing.

The only exceptions are things like Devilman, where the fanservice is only there to make a point (but not like Kill La Kill, where the show pretends as though it's making a point, but it really isn't).
V3rbatimAug 15, 2018 11:27 AM
Aug 15, 2018 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
I'm really, really, REALLY fucking lazy. That's pretty much the only reason a lot of the time.
Aug 15, 2018 12:14 PM

Aug 2014
Usually the amount of episodes. It sucks because a lot of legendary anime happens to be so long, but I don't have the time or patience to get through hundreds of episodes of usually long and drawn out fights or battles. My cut off is usually around if the series is like 100 episodes or more.
Aug 15, 2018 12:17 PM

Aug 2015
Ridiculous stories and lame characters
But it has to be very bad for me to drop one show.
Like,very bad
Narrator:
We're now at the natural habitat of some of the garbage human beings in the world.
And here,you see one of them is trying to say something intellectual and funny
But he failed.I guess he's too lame to do so.

Aug 15, 2018 12:53 PM

Jul 2017
im just lazy, if it doesn't hook me with a good plot in the first episodes ill come back to in another dimension
Aug 15, 2018 1:30 PM
Apr 2017
Tends to depend on the storyline, and whenever it's interesting enough to draw me in. Good characters, with interesting personalities, is also a factor that I look for. In my opinion no good characters, means that the storyline will just drag on, and bore you.
Aug 15, 2018 1:47 PM

Jul 2017
If everythings is just bad. If somethings are bad and some are good ill give it a chance.

PureBlueSF said:
I'm really, really, REALLY fucking lazy. That's pretty much the only reason a lot of the time.

That too.
Aug 15, 2018 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
I don't watch some mainstream anime. I think they're overrated.
Aug 15, 2018 2:42 PM

May 2017
I research a bit when I will start to watch any anime... There are a lot reason to I start watch(art, character, design, animation, history, synopsis, etc...), but there is an only reason to me drop an anime.

Cliche... When some anime has a lot and a lot cliche I just can't watch, each step, dialogues, jokes and everthing else is too obvious... Watching an anime knowing what will happen every second foward is really boring. The last anime that I drop was "Black Clover", is an example of a anime 100% cliche.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Aug 15, 2018 2:57 PM

Aug 2012
joykiller91 said:
MrAwesome2018 said:
When it's episode count is too damn high.

Lmao, so what's the longest episode count you've watched?

291 but that was from DBZ and i was young.
Aug 15, 2018 3:10 PM

Jan 2017
if it's slow, and the art sometimes.

"If anyone ever tells me it’s a mistake to have hope, well then, I’ll just tell them they’re wrong. And I’ll keep telling them until they believe, no matter how many times it takes!"
- Madoka Kaname

Aug 15, 2018 3:10 PM

Mar 2018
joykiller91 said:

Oh hoe many episodes would make it too long? :)
Sorry, what do you mean by tags? Genre?

Lol it's okay plenty people based also from the character design. What anime would you say has crap design?

Honestly I regard anything above 50 episodes "long". Main reason why I haven’t watched watched most battle shounen so, the other fact being that, well... they're battle shounen.

Yeah basically genre, doesn’t have have on be as broad though.

Have you ever seen XXXHolics character designs? They're... pretty bad. I didn’t like Code Geass' or Sanagtsu wa Lion's either, which is I’m not watching them/ stopped watching him. I’m fine with Clannad's, I'm actually a fan of the key VN art style, so...

Aug 15, 2018 3:27 PM

Nov 2015
Hm.... No, not much can deter me.

The only anime I've dropped and know for sure I'm not going to ever pick up again, is Kings Game. As for the reason... Too edgy for the sake of being edgy? No, while it helps, that isn't it. I didn't see any potential for where it was going I guess. I felt like it was a waste of time.

I enjoy anime as a whole, so whether or not I'm enjoying the show, I try to push on to finish it. That being said, I've put multiple shows on-hold, and the reason is usually pretty simple. It got boring, and I'm not interested at the moment.
Aug 15, 2018 3:34 PM
Mar 2018
The story is first and foremost for me. If a show doesn't have an interesting story, I don't watch it.

For example, I dropped My Hero Academia 3 episodes in. While there were some aspects I liked, I wasn't able to get engaged in the storyline at all. I'm not a fan of superhero stuff and it didn't do anything that made it any more interesting.
Aug 15, 2018 5:34 PM

Jan 2015
joykiller91 said:
Atsukito said:
There are a few things... but mostly:

- Stupid characters that are TOO CLICHE for my sanity.
- Lolis in general (usually they are too dumb.. sorry loli lovers)
- Like the first reply, fandom too hyped and annoying.

Ah, ah, and stupid harems with too much echi and 0 story.

Curious, what's the anime that turned you off coz of the fandom? :)

Hahah I try to stay away from harems usually since they lose all the story :/

For example, SAO, Black Butler or Love Live.

There are some more but hahah
Aug 15, 2018 7:28 PM

Jul 2015
In the simplest way i can put it, I just I don't like/enjoy it, so i drop it
Aug 15, 2018 7:35 PM

Oct 2014
if it's dumb, the characters are dislikeable, or if it bores me

put simply, if i fall asleep more than three times in a row (trust me, it's happened *cough cough rewrite*) due to sheer uninterest, then that means it's just not gonna work out

although if i am far enough into a series, i'll go ahead and finish it
Aug 15, 2018 9:13 PM

Aug 2014
Nothing can stop me from watching an anime. Dropping is for the weak!
Aug 15, 2018 10:06 PM
May 2016
I'll know straight away if a series is no longer interesting to me. It simply comes to whether or not I'm entertained, or if I can keep up with it. Pop Team Epic, for example, I knew from Episode 1 this wasn't going to be the show for me. To me it's nothing but a garbled mess of random shit and it's too fast-paced and weird to keep up with. If the drama is enough to keep me going, or the jokes hit me in the right place, or simply if I'm curious to see what happens next, I will keep watching.
Aug 15, 2018 11:43 PM

May 2018
Seiya said:
alshu said:

But why?
There are good seinens (like Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) and good joseis (like Nodame Cantabile, Hachimitsu to Clover and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu).

Those Anime do not interest me at all.

All of them?
Those are like 5 totally different titles. Cowboy Bebop includes dozens of genres and in it's space opera aspects looks very Gundam-esque (with some reference of Votoms too)...because it is a Sunrise show.

I don't get you. Why limiting yourself?
Aug 16, 2018 12:09 AM

Jan 2013
Im not fond of Shoujo at all, so I avoid most shoujo shows.
Aug 16, 2018 1:09 AM

Aug 2016
Usually I don't like to stop midway, so I usually watch any anime I started up until the end. For anime I dont like that much I would binge them when they finish airing. With that said I too had dropped some anime here and there.

If I get some free time, think of watching a certain anime and feels that going back to work is better. That is when I stop watching it.
Aug 16, 2018 3:27 AM

Feb 2016
Basically I just go by reading the description/summary on MAL.

If it interests me, I watch. If it doesn't interest, I won't watch.

Nothing else to it outside of whether or not the story catches my interest.

Don't care about youtuber reviews, user reviews or whatever. Although, alot of buzz around a show will sometimes draw my attention to it. Doesn't make me watch it on that alone though. Description/Summary, always, no exceptions.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Aug 16, 2018 4:35 AM

Dec 2014
I recently put off watch Higarashi. I'm all for Psycalogical anime and plots, but I'm really not into watching a bunch of kids kill each other.

Maybe there's more to the story? But I haven't began watching it yet and I can just feel like I'll regret watching it.

Other than that I'd say:

-Characters that SCREAM TOO MUCH (Looking at you first episode of Black Clover)

-Non interesting Idol characters, that stuff really has to sell.

-Anything where the pacing is too slow.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Aug 16, 2018 4:43 AM

May 2018
When it gets boring,I just drop it immediately.
Aug 16, 2018 6:27 AM

Jun 2014
alshu said:
Seiya said:

Those Anime do not interest me at all.

All of them?
Those are like 5 totally different titles. Cowboy Bebop includes dozens of genres and in it's space opera aspects looks very Gundam-esque (with some reference of Votoms too)...because it is a Sunrise show.

I don't get you. Why limiting yourself?

Well to be fair, I'm sure there's probably some stuff I watch that you're not into either.

Cowboy Bebop doesn't look like something I would enjoy.

Aug 16, 2018 6:31 AM

May 2018
Well it could be a number of things like:
*The characters being annoying and not engaging
*The story being boring and unoriginal though i don't think story should be the defining factor of a series
*How much the plots interests me or not
and finally though to a much lesser extent the score.
Aug 16, 2018 8:22 AM

May 2016
When I am bored by it or it becomes bullshit. Also no Yaoi pls.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Aug 16, 2018 10:21 AM

Jul 2017
When it gets too hentai-

And i mostly mean it about comedy anime series because for me its not very funny but more like annoying when they just keep showing THE ANIME BOOBS MOVE or something like that ( Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken) im not sure how to explain, hopefully at least someone understands what i meant by that..
Aug 16, 2018 10:30 AM
Mar 2018
Adding to my previous post, if a show doesn't interest me, I don't watch at all. I have no interest in superhero stuff (only watched MHA because so many people said it was So Much More than that), medival fantasy (sans Inuyasha since it's a very different breed), romance, dark/gritty drama, or slice-of-life.
Aug 16, 2018 11:27 AM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
joykiller91 said:
-Zephyr- said:
The more people bug me to watch it and talk about it, the less likely I am to ever watch it.

HAHA. I get this. It's like when I'm being told to do chores when I already decided to do them it makes me wanna not do it anymore. :))

It's a struggle. Glad someone understands me on this. :]
Aug 16, 2018 1:47 PM

Aug 2018
There are some reasons, the one reasonable to me is:
- Netflix, because their productions not interesting to me, so I don't watch them mostly. Tell me someone who watch these.
- Unacceptable Anime art or style, ex. Shinya! Tensai Bakabon.
- Boring, annoying characters, this is the minor reason, because sometimes boring characters has something to hide and I continue to watch if it is.
- Boring story, this is the reason sometimes can kept me back, but on this Anime collection I watch mostly popular ones, so their story are good. Altough sometimes unpopular Anime are good :)
Aug 16, 2018 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
-If there is no English dub, I wouldn't likely watch it, regardless how good it would be.
-If there are many ads on the streaming site, I likely won't watch it, and if I do, I will view it as more negative over a no ad anime.
-If your first 2 episodes are bad, I will drop the show.
-If the aesthetics are ugly, I wouldn't even bother considering turning it on.
Aug 16, 2018 2:06 PM

Jun 2016
If the plot and the characters don't interest me and are not done well in my perspective, then i will most likely drop it.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - 51 minutes ago

4 by APolygons2 »»
33 seconds ago

» I was on YouTube and I saw this craziest anime community post

Kiryotsu - 41 minutes ago

2 by rohan121 »»
9 minutes ago

» What are some shows/movies that anime fans would like?

APolygons2 - 10 hours ago

20 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Yesterday

64 by TransferUser »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Will we ever get a anime cross over as big as the MCU?

Old_School_Akira - Yesterday

32 by Old_School_Akira »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.