Forum Settings
Forums

What is the WORST anime you've ever seen and why?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 22, 2018 6:22 PM
Sep 2016
Without a doubt, Fate/kaelid Liner Prisma Illya. I think I'm on some sort of government watch list because of that show.
Jan 22, 2018 6:28 PM

Jul 2016
RihanD said:
Fooley Cooley is the worst I've seen!

flcl? that's my childhood though :(
Jan 22, 2018 6:34 PM

Mar 2017
Shion said:
Ousama Game. Who is the sick fuck who thought of this?
The dub makes it so much funnier and better.
Jan 22, 2018 6:48 PM

Mar 2015
Code;Breaker would be one of them. I honestly tried to watch it, but I kept failing after episode 3.

The story might have been OK, but the characters, oh my lord, the characters.
woah there
Jan 22, 2018 6:56 PM
Feb 2017
Pikotarou no Lullaby Lullaby was the shitiest shit I've seen in a while.

Jan 22, 2018 6:58 PM

Nov 2016
Mars of Destruction.

You don't want to know.

Jan 22, 2018 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
Zanador said:
The Pokemon Giratina movie is the only movie I've ever given up on less than halfway through, so probably that?

Also try the Genesect/Mewtwo- and the Hoopa movie. As well as the the new one. They are awful. They are ~ 80 minutes of advertisment and nothing more.
The Genesect movie panders with Mewtwo to all fans, but didn't get what fans liked about the movie. The approach to the science-theme is totally shallow and just an excuse to let it fight in bad CGI with a new mega form against a Pokemon, who looks like a transformer...

The Hoopa movie treats all legendaries like "Godzilla monsters". They appear for no good reason just to bait for new mega forms and fight against each other. That thing really is the worst of all.

The new one panders to old fans again with old scenes, but they are so out of place and rushed that you can't feel anything. In the end it became a train-wreck with Ho-oh and pandering to a new Pokemon, which shouldn't belong in this rushed like 80 minutes.

I don't expect too much of kids movies (or not the same of adult movies), but I unironically liked the first five films and these with Lucario, Manaphy, Darkrai and Zoroark were at least pretty okay as well.

Back to topic:
The standard answer like Mars of Destruction etc... and the Hoopa movie
removed-userJan 22, 2018 7:09 PM
Jan 22, 2018 7:20 PM

Sep 2013
Maneki-Mew said:
Zanador said:
The Pokemon Giratina movie is the only movie I've ever given up on less than halfway through, so probably that?

Also try the Genesect/Mewtwo- and the Hoopa movie.

I don't expect too much of kids movies (or not the same of adult movies), but I unironically liked the first five films and these with Lucario, Manaphy, Darkrai and Zoroark were at least pretty okay as well.

I've been (slowly) watching through all of them with my SO over the last couple of years. Haven't gotten to Genesect or Hoopa yet, most recent is Arceus. So far the good ones IMO are Mewtwo, Lugia, Entei, Latias/os, and Lucario. Manaphy is real bad but it's kind of "so bad it's good". Arceus is on the borderline of being that too just because of Arceus's Dub Voice being hilarious but everything else is just bad. Darkrai and Giratina are both irredeemable. The rest are like 5/10.
Jan 22, 2018 7:26 PM

Jun 2014
I didn't like Urahara at all, and I love cute girls doing cute things. The art style and 'camera movement' was bothersome and at times gave me a headache.
Jan 22, 2018 7:33 PM

Mar 2014
Glasslip easily. You know an anime is bad when the best character is an actual chicken.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 22, 2018 7:42 PM

Jul 2016
SpongySquish said:

if I remember correctly, wasn't that a short anime with 5 minute long episodes? and no animation other than the characters shaking every time they spoke? I feel that pertains to a certain type of audience. I found it whimsical and a bit stupid ( in a good way) I dropped it myself but I can see how and why some people might like it.
Jan 22, 2018 7:43 PM

Jul 2016
Rabb2t said:
Mars of Destruction.

You don't want to know.

I think youre the 5th person to mention MOD :p but I agree. shittiest of the shit.
Jan 22, 2018 7:46 PM
Feb 2017
gekko_13 said:
SpongySquish said:

if I remember correctly, wasn't that a short anime with 5 minute long episodes? and no animation other than the characters shaking every time they spoke? I feel that pertains to a certain type of audience. I found it whimsical and a bit stupid ( in a good way) I dropped it myself but I can see how and why some people might like it.

I can see people saying or claiming they like it but not actually liking it. If someone likes it that I'll respect that. If anyone likes it.

Jan 22, 2018 7:49 PM
Oct 2016
Berserk 2016. I hate this show. Not in the same sense that I dislike other shows that I though were bad. I hate that this show exists. It could have and should have been amazing, but they wasted the source material, and now we will probably never get an ACTUAL adaptation.
Jan 22, 2018 7:53 PM

Jul 2016
SpongySquish said:
gekko_13 said:

I can see people saying or claiming they like it but not actually liking it. If someone likes it that I'll respect that. If anyone likes it.

its just a different type of humor I guess. like beavis and butthead, or southpark, family guy ect... one of those things where its so stupid its funny.
Jan 22, 2018 7:54 PM

Jul 2016
Dog-Person said:
Berserk 2016. I hate this show. Not in the same sense that I dislike other shows that I though were bad. I hate that this show exists. It could have and should have been amazing, but they wasted the source material, and now we will probably never get an ACTUAL adaptation.

your profile picture is depressing. anyways, ive never actually seen any berserk yet. ill get to it eventually. but I heard the horrible 3d animation was offsetting.
Jan 22, 2018 7:56 PM

Apr 2014
Utsu Musume Sayuri

I went blind after watching this

Jan 22, 2018 7:59 PM
Jul 2015
These had me wishing for blunt force trauma to the head in order to wipe my memories:

Amnesia
Dance With Devils
Diabolik Lovers
The Hill Dyed Rose Madder
Isuca

Unfortunately there is no such thing as eye bleach. These were horribly planned and just a waste of production and staff. Over convoluted and over the top with not enough thought to dialogue, plot or character development. Wasted hours I'll never get back.
Jan 22, 2018 8:01 PM

Jul 2016
dhampira9 said:
These had me wishing for blunt force trauma to the head in order to wipe my memories:

Amnesia
Dance With Devils
Diabolik Lovers
The Hill Dyed Rose Madder
Isuca

Unfortunately there is no such thing as eye bleach. These were horribly planned and just a waste of production and staff. Over convoluted and over the top with not enough thought to dialogue, plot or character development. Wasted hours I'll never get back.

ive only heard of 2/5 that you listed. maybe that's a good thing? haha
Jan 22, 2018 8:07 PM

Nov 2014
For me personally, Diabolik Lovers somewhat was even worse than Twilight.

Oh and Ousama Game was an abomination as well.
Jan 22, 2018 8:56 PM

Jan 2017
gekko_13 said:
I really wanted to watch Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni, i still might give it a few episodes. didn't know it was that bad haha.

I don't think it is to be honest, I kinda liked it. Its like a really toned down KonoSuba

Jan 22, 2018 9:00 PM
Nov 2017
UQ Holder
SAO
ReLife
BangDream
Anonymous Noise
and More...
Theyre the Fvcking Worst Anime i've Watched
Jan 22, 2018 9:02 PM

Jan 2017
My personally opinionated worst animes:

The Reflection
Pupa
Pingu in the City (yes, I'm serious I fucking hate it)
Pop Team Epic (yes, I'm serious I fucking hate it)
Candy Boy
Onara Gorou
Onyankopon
Dynamic Chord
*and about a hundred of those short terrible (some dementia) style ova/ona/specials

Jan 22, 2018 9:04 PM
Aug 2017
Full metal alchemist brotherhood , gintama, death note. Just meh animes.
Jan 22, 2018 9:06 PM

Nov 2008
Alczender said:
Chiibi said:

Lol if you find Violet Evergarden "boring", you may just not be mature enough to appreciate it. :/ It's a very adult series.

I respect your opinion, but I totally dissagree with it. Violet Evergarden can be everything, but a mature series just no, it's full of cliches, plain characters and the "memory dolls" system is for me the worst excuse to show off how a character lacking personality and emotions developes them.

It's only been two bloody episodes? What are you talking about "full of cliches"? It doesn't remind me of anything I've seen before.

Jan 22, 2018 9:41 PM
Jan 2018
I think the worst anime I ever watched is Baki The Grappler. I don't like the story it is so simplebut they seem to make it complicated to the point that it makes no sense atb all. This is the wiki page of the Anime Baki The Grappler
Ginamos9Jan 22, 2018 10:53 PM
Jan 22, 2018 9:43 PM

Dec 2016
Chiibi said:
Alczender said:

I respect your opinion, but I totally dissagree with it. Violet Evergarden can be everything, but a mature series just no, it's full of cliches, plain characters and the "memory dolls" system is for me the worst excuse to show off how a character lacking personality and emotions developes them.

It's only been two bloody episodes? What are you talking about "full of cliches"? It doesn't remind me of anything I've seen before.

It's just a gather of cliches from other series, never a straight copy of something else so it's kinda hard that it reminds you instantly another show. That's why I've said countless times that it's just my opinion, for me this 2 episodes has been more than enough to give the show a violent drop. I'm not trying to convince you, only pointing why I dislike the show (that's supossed to be the point on this forum, don't?).

If you like it, it's totally fine, at least I'm really dissapointed, it must been the hype around it :/
Jan 22, 2018 9:58 PM

Dec 2017
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomi ni. i just realized how generic this is after finished watching it. mind you, this is the first Isekai type anime that i ever watched so i really want to finish it (i never really into Isekai, if it’s different than trapped-in-a-video-game type of anime.) i feel like shit afterwards, it still gives me shits and giggles here and there though.

Sagrada Reset, im not say its the worst, maybe pretty so-so. Sagrada have a chance to be really interesting, but sometimes the VA and dialogue can be so bland, no emotion at all, the story itself is pretty good, some of the arcs are really interesting, but some of the character left no impression at all, so its very easy to forget. but i guess the VA for the two main character was meant to be bland because of the backstory, i still respect it though. but it’s still making me hard to finish the last 4 episode.

Berserk 2016/2017 it’s self explanatory i guess. well, after watched all the three movies and suddenly jump into the 2016/2017 anime adaptation is like jumping to the pit of hell.

Ero-Manga Sensei. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... well i love me some sister relationship, that’s it, it will be better if they just stick into incest then just revolves around that until end, i woulnd mind. but to put a stubborn misunderstood sister and harem with a touch of literature here and there is not what i signed up for, i need my yearly dosage of incest.

Mayoiga. dude the first few episode when they trying to find the village is pretty interesting, after that it’s just feel so weird and random. (the synopsis is really interesting though)

maybe thats it, i kinda dont want to hold any bad memories with bad anime
Jan 22, 2018 10:18 PM

Nov 2008
Alczender said:

It's just a gather of cliches from other series,/

.............uh-huh..........such as?

Jan 22, 2018 10:29 PM

Jul 2015
Akuma no Riddle of course... why? Just read synopsis. I don't know why I watched this..
Jan 22, 2018 11:03 PM

May 2016
Elfen Lied, They try way too hard to make the back stories messed up and the whole series feels boring and pointless. Not to mention the romance aspect that felt forced and lead to nothing.
Jan 23, 2018 12:00 AM

Apr 2015
Sousei no Onmyouji by far.
Super boring and shitty characters, I don't like a single one.
Until the end of the anime, both main characters are still useless.
Every battle is like this: Both Main characters use a super ultra attack then they realize that their attack didn't do any damage at all. They get beaten up until another character appears and kills the monster.
It was just horrible to watch

Ps: Their little companion is one of the most annoying things I know
WeisserSchnee2Jan 23, 2018 12:35 AM
Jan 23, 2018 12:08 AM
Oct 2017
Quanzhi fashi 2 nd season .first season was 5/10 but second season was absolutely trash
Jan 23, 2018 1:46 AM

May 2012
Lowest rating I've given is Nisemonogatari at 3/10. I haven't watched the series in a good 1-2 years and more or less dropped it after Tsukimonogatari but I think Nise was the one with the toothbrush scene which I found extremely distasteful and nothing about it was humorous to me even in an ironic way - I just sat there watching the scene and thought to myself "Wow this is why anime fans get such a bad rap as being weirdos/strange". I get fanservice is a thing and it helps the shows popularity immensely but it's just a shame that a series with such solid storytelling has to resort to such bs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2018 1:52 AM

Jan 2018
i think some people will be mad if i said this -- but aku no hana. the characters fking sucks...
Jan 23, 2018 5:58 AM
Feb 2017
gekko_13 said:
SpongySquish said:

its just a different type of humor I guess. like beavis and butthead, or southpark, family guy ect... one of those things where its so stupid its funny.

Then its probably not my type of humor. The only thing I found funny about it is the very end of the episode.

Jan 23, 2018 6:11 AM

Jun 2016
11eyes
Bokura ga Ita
Corpse party
Dive
Vatican miracle examiners
MM!
School days
The perfect insider
Vampire knight 2nd season

I watched most of them to kill some time. Instant regret...
***roaming the vast anime universe***
Jan 23, 2018 7:34 AM
Aug 2017
Code Geass hands down. I don't how I managed to finish that one.
Jan 23, 2018 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
Zanador said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Also try the Genesect/Mewtwo- and the Hoopa movie.

I've been (slowly) watching through all of them with my SO over the last couple of years. Haven't gotten to Genesect or Hoopa yet, most recent is Arceus. So far the good ones IMO are Mewtwo, Lugia, Entei, Latias/os, and Lucario. Manaphy is real bad but it's kind of "so bad it's good". Arceus is on the borderline of being that too just because of Arceus's Dub Voice being hilarious but everything else is just bad. Darkrai and Giratina are both irredeemable. The rest are like 5/10.

Really? I wished, I'd remember more than "Manaphy is cute... aww cute, May is cuddling it!... there were also a Ranger and a temple." I have seen all of them in their release years. So, maybe you are right about that.

And besides that: I'm watching a few bad anime right now. Does it have a Shounen Ai- or Yaoi-tag? Chances will be good that this thing will be not be exactly brilliant. =D
removed-userJan 23, 2018 7:49 AM
Jan 23, 2018 8:51 AM

Nov 2008
Rinkx said:
i think some people will be mad if i said this -- but aku no hana. the characters fking sucks...

Lol I wouldn't touch Aku No Hana with a ten-foot-pole. It's one of the ugliest-looking things it's been my displeasure to lay eyes on.

The manga's art is better but it's no less uncomfortable. Just a big "NOPE" from me.

Jan 23, 2018 8:54 AM

Jun 2014
It's a tie between "Urusei Yatsura" and "Maison Ikkoku."

They both suffer from the same problem: annoying characters, and not a single likable character in either show. I'd rather get terminal cancer than to ever attempt to watch either show again.

Jan 23, 2018 8:54 AM

May 2016
Lucky Star is by far the most putrid garbage anime I've ever had to sit through, and I survived several dumpster fires from the 90s OVA trash bin.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 23, 2018 4:12 PM

Oct 2017
Clearly, you guys know nothing that you are talking about when you think Sao, log horizon, fairy tail is the worst anime you have seen( for newer anime). You guys should just watch Mahou Sensou (This is the anime I don't even know wtf I am watching, I don't even know it got an ending), Big Order (holy fuck does the story even make sense at all), Seiken Tsukai no world break ( just look at the animation and generic stories) , Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki ( most bullshit storyline I ever watched) , Ousama Game the animation

The worst in the history is probably Tenkuu Danzai Skelter+Heaven and their friends Mars of destruction (THeir studio is simply not just only out of fundings, I can't believe they will try letting it out they must be blind)
KonnoYuukiSenpaiJan 23, 2018 6:10 PM

“It's okay to live, even if there's no greater point to living. -” Konno Yuuki

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

“Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.” – Sora

Jan 23, 2018 5:55 PM

Jul 2016
KonnoYuukiSenpai said:
Clearly, you guys know nothing that you are talking about when you think Sao, log horizon, fairy tail is the worst anime you have seen( for newer anime). You guys should just watch Mahou Sensou (This is the anime I don't even know wtf I am watching, I don't even know it got an ending), Big Order (holy fuck does the story even make sense at all), Seiken Tsukai no world break ( just look at the animation and generic stories) , Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki ( most bullshit storyline I ever watched) , Ousama Game the animation

The worst in the history is probably Tenkuu Danzai Skelter+Heaven and their friends Mars of destruction (THeir studio is simply not just only out of fundings, I can't believe they will try letting it out they must be blind)

skelter heaven, oh boy, lets not go there. I think that anime (along with MOD) will go down in history as an utter failure.
Jan 23, 2018 5:56 PM

Jul 2016
Zelkiiro said:
Lucky Star is by far the most putrid garbage anime I've ever had to sit through, and I survived several dumpster fires from the 90s OVA trash bin.

But but but... but it looks so cute :3
Jan 23, 2018 5:59 PM
Jul 2016
Big Order, Attack on Titan, and Himouto Umaru Chan.
Jan 23, 2018 6:02 PM

Oct 2017
Star Wars The Last Jedi was absolutely terrible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2018 6:05 PM

May 2016
gekko_13 said:
Zelkiiro said:

But but but... but it looks so cute :3

...It most certainly does not. At all.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 23, 2018 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
I'd say the second season of Oregairu was pretty fucking horseshit. It somehow managed to be overly-melodramatic yet unbearably boring at the same time. Dropped that shit faster than I care to admit.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» best instrumental op

deg - 9 hours ago

13 by KitsuFrost »»
2 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 5 hours ago

16 by SignsOfSuicide »»
5 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

59 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime of the Season

Raajdeep - Today

30 by Guilmon1 »»
36 minutes ago

» Way to filter anime by Main character?

ernand - 2 hours ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.