Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2017 7:51 PM

Dec 2013
A very inconclusive ending with multiple character's fates unknown but those feels hit me hard in this episode ;_;
Jun 27, 2017 7:54 PM

Jan 2014
JotakakJun 27, 2017 7:58 PM
Jun 27, 2017 8:07 PM
Aug 2015
I'm lost, why did he turned to a beast?
Jun 27, 2017 8:30 PM

Apr 2011
Chtolly and Willem's monologue made me tear up ; ^ ;
Gotta read that LN now >w<
Jun 27, 2017 8:32 PM
Apr 2017
Lmao at this discussion thread, The confusion is strong with this one XD
Jun 27, 2017 8:32 PM

Mar 2008
I guess this anime need to be supplement with LN to fully appreciate it. I like the messages behind it, but to be honest nothing new or note worthy in this anime. Standard tropes and plots.

6.5 - 7 / 10
I watch it for the plot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jun 27, 2017 8:36 PM
Sep 2016
Omg this was so dramatic and emotional. 9/10

Ren ;-;
Jun 27, 2017 8:51 PM

Jun 2017
i might be wrong, but this is my opinion of the ending based on the anime only.
i dont read the LN and from what i read, it have different conclusion than anime so i prefer to put LN and anime on different alternate universe.

on the limeskin office, he put chtholly and nephren photo on the KIA wall but later on souwong pond, there are 2 sigh of life.
rather than KIA, i would assume willem and 1 of the girl are MIA and still alive on the surface most likely its nephren since chtolly do erase her opening gate
Jun 27, 2017 8:55 PM

Sep 2014
Why is this series is so hard to rate? This episode was definitely touching, but it was also as inconclusive as it gets. On top of that, this series did a horrible job answering many of the questions it raised.

If the series had focused more on the important matters at hand, wasted less time on unimportant characters/kitchen stuff, explained things better, had slightly better pacing, and had a more conclusive ending, this could have been fantastic as a whole.

What I'm trying to say is that for a series that didn't quite suck me in, I'm surprised how powerful this last episode was! But if the rest of the series had suck me in, it could have been on a whole nother level of powerful. There was also so much ambiguity that it was hard to ignore it, which kept me from being fully immersed to the very end.

Now, I don't think it's a matter of how many episodes they had to work with. If there had been no source material to follow, just better time management and execution could have easily done the trick in my opinion. And a little more action could have worked really well too, although it's definitely not necessary for a story like this.
Jun 27, 2017 8:57 PM
Jul 2015
Octave_ said:
They didn't die.

This is exactly what I am wondering as well! But wouldn't Nephren show up as well ???
Jun 27, 2017 9:33 PM

Jan 2014
Melindypants said:
Octave_ said:
They didn't die.

This is exactly what I am wondering as well! But wouldn't Nephren show up as well ???
Jotakak said:

ONE PIEECEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Jun 27, 2017 9:41 PM
Jan 2015
The ending was sad, but it honestly left me with way more questions than answers.
My Queens

Jun 27, 2017 9:41 PM
Jul 2015
DoctorWasabi said:
Melindypants said:
Jotakak said:

ONE PIEECEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
OMG which one do I believe now ?! >_<
Jun 27, 2017 9:43 PM
May 2017
This is the best anime ending this Season.... I believe that Willem, Chotolly, and Nephran are save ....

At the end of episode, makes me want to watch whats next ....
Jun 27, 2017 10:07 PM

Aug 2013
My lord that was sad a fuck. A few tears were definitely shed.

Lets show Ctholly giving her final speech about how she found happiness, tying into the opening from episode 1, Ren dying and Ctholly using the last bit of her being to save a dying Willem. Oh, you know how we can fucking make that even sadder? Having Scarborough Fair play in the background the whole time. Actually they played that really fucking sad celtic-esque insert song here too that was in the first 40 seconds of episode 1 too. That song is even more fucking sad really.

That was a pretty ambiguous ending there. No idea what happened to Ctholly aside from being gone. Does she have a corpse or does she disintegrate? Did the two pulses in that chalice thing represent Willem and Ren surviving? Or just Willem?

What was the significance of showing Ctholly's first memory as a baby? That kind of threw me off. I, like a lot of non LN readers, thought she got reincarnated or something.

Say she does get reincarnated, her past soul + piece of Elq create a new fairy with their own personality. Wouldn't that eventually lead to another vicious cycle if that girl suffers from mental degeneration and Ctholly's memories and personality eventually take over that body?

Also, what's with the SukaMoka novel that readers keep mentioning? Is that a direct sequel to the ending of the SukaSuka LNs, or some kind of spinoff?
Jonesy974Jun 27, 2017 10:19 PM
Jun 27, 2017 10:13 PM

Oct 2015
I feel empty after watched the final episode. Chtholly might be reborn as a baby. Her memories of everyone and everything from her previous life as Chtholly, including her love for Willem is gone forever thoguh. That is fucking depressing. Willem turn into a beast? How so?I don't want to watch another anime like this ever again. I'm so heart broken, but regardless i give this an 8/10. I heard that there's a novel called Suka Moka, which is the sequel of Suka Suka. What's the story is all about? Cause one thing for sure, Chtholly is gone. Can anyone who have read the light novel until the latest volume, what exactly happen now? How did Willem turn into a beast?
Maruko-sanJun 27, 2017 10:21 PM
Jun 27, 2017 10:21 PM
Oct 2016
What a ride. Loving 2017 so far!!! Although i still have a lot of questions, first what happend to will? Welp onto the novel.
Jun 27, 2017 10:27 PM

Dec 2014
that was utterly sad and confusing ending with so many loop holes introduced... hmmm makes you wanting more
Jun 27, 2017 10:30 PM

Sep 2015
Wasn't planning on watching this but decided to after hearing a friend said he was interested in it. Safe to say this ended up being one of my favorites from the season.

Scarborough Fair completed the ending sequence along with the very heavy dialogue. To be honest, I'd jump out of a flying ship to hug save Ren too.

Lots of questions to be had though... I don't believe the three of them are dead. Perhaps some time has passed and their bodies could not be found so they're presumed dead but actually are still alive somewhere. Season 2? The baby at the end too raises a lot more questions that will hopefully be answered in time.

Ren, even til the very end still somehow finds a way to be Will's blanket. :weary:

Would recommend this to anyone I know, not a n amazing anime but it's one of the better ones coming out nowadays.

7/10
Jun 27, 2017 10:50 PM

Apr 2016
A good example of "What could have been...". If they had managed to maintain the same quality and production of the first and last episode throughout the series, it would have been a flawless masterpiece.

Alas, the middle part of the series exposed the usual limitations in trying to translate written medium into anime; causing the pacing to be a bit choppy at times. You can tell there's a great story behind this though, and I'm an anime-only watcher.

Still one of my favourite shows from this season.
Jun 27, 2017 10:58 PM

Jul 2016
Ending left ambiguous, I really need second second. Damn Feels Dx

Overall the show managed to decently present the setting and characters although I have minor problems with pacing in the midst episodes. The moody soundtrack was pleasant, especially the last episode insert song fitting for the emotional scene.

Would recommend for anyone who loves dramatic romance dystopian fantasy show.
Jun 27, 2017 11:02 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, and how much sentimentality was left to this end, I really got anxious from beginning to end of the episode, hoping that a happy ending would still be coming, but after seeing so much blood I began to discredit more and expect a final 'less bad', but this plot really captivated me from start to finish ..

I liked the animation and the soundtrack, the plot is certainly very good, but for me the highlight are the characters, Chtholly was the best girl, well, I liked all the girls, I can only think that I'll have to enjoy again this story by LN and as well as reading the sequence of the plot, for many it may not have had a great highlight, but for me it was one of the best if not the best of the season, I certainly recommend this anime ..
Jun 27, 2017 11:02 PM

Jul 2007
funnyRunny said:

I'm also lost in this ending. I can assume: Ctholly, Ren and Willem are dead. Ctholly and Ren are shown as "honor member" in the military gallery -> dead.

Ctholly is surely dead, the show pretty much spells it out and it is the only ending that makes sense for her story. The fates of other two are left ambiguous considering the two pulses that show up in Suwong's water radar.

The last scene is something like rebirth, but when i read the comments beforehand then the last scene is just memory of the birth of Chtolly....but then i ask me....why it's important to show this without to show any notes that the scene is from past? Before i thought it's just rebirth of her.

It makes sense to flashback to the person's birth at the moment of their death.

Melindypants said:
OMG which one do I believe now ?! >_<

There are plenty of people who have read partial spoilers for latter volumes and don't have the whole picture of what is going on. Pretty much nobody is 100% right and there's a lot of misinformation going around.

Jonesy974 said:

Also, what's with the SukaMoka novel that readers keep mentioning? Is that a direct sequel to the ending of the SukaSuka LNs, or some kind of spinoff?

Its A sequel
AhenshihaelJun 27, 2017 11:10 PM
Jun 27, 2017 11:20 PM
Apr 2017
[quote=DoctorWasabi message=51294614]
Mariecat1 said:
Ren died and Wilhelm survived

Wilhelm is also dead, whats left from him cant be called alive anymore
Jun 27, 2017 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not sure whether i should be happy, sad or angry with the ending. But, the soundtrack is great, the visual is still good and i'd say this is one of the best anime of this season.
I hope this anime will have S2.
Jun 27, 2017 11:38 PM

Dec 2014
linua said:

i dont read the LN and from what i read, it have different conclusion than anime so i prefer to put LN and anime on different alternate universe.

They are not different, the anime is just more ambiguous about the fate of the three; or well two since they did show the pond.

Jonesy974 said:
Does she have a corpse or does she disintegrate? Did the two pulses in that chalice thing represent Willem and Ren surviving? Or just Willem?

Chtholly is dead. There is no room for other explainations since Elq clearly said she would definitely disappear this time. She was already on the brink of losing herself due to the disintegration effect. She basically burned what little life she still had left to save Willem and Ren. They didn't show because of time constraints; but

So the two pulses are about Ren and Willem, albeit in the novel the pond only confirmed Willem's "safety" not Ren's; so the anime gave a present for anime watchers so that they could understand that not only him made it.

Jonesy974 said:

What was the significance of showing Ctholly's first memory as a baby? That kind of threw me off. I, like a lot of non LN readers, thought she got reincarnated or something.

Ah that was the author trying to make us despair even more T_T in the novel the scene is placed right after the battle ended, so it's not wrong to show it when they did; but they forgot to say that it was set in the past.

Jonesy974 said:

Say she does get reincarnated, her past soul + piece of Elq create a new fairy with their own personality. Wouldn't that eventually lead to another vicious cycle if that girl suffers from mental degeneration and Ctholly's memories and personality eventually take over that body?

Chtholly is Elq; but Elq is not Chtholly. Fairies are born from Elq's shattered soul and return to her when they die. Chtholly didn't die as a fairy though.
AnathorJun 27, 2017 11:42 PM
Jun 28, 2017 1:20 AM

May 2016
The final fight was indeed what we expected and I admit I was touched by it. But... what happened afterwards pissed me off a quite a bit. Not only were several things left unanswered but the ending for more like an insult than a conclusion.

Nothing changed after Willem's, Chtholly's, and Ren's death. The anime practically ended the way it started. It's like their death's had no meaning and their sacrifice was for nothing. We get only a pair of pictures of Chtholly and Ren but no Willem and that's it? No memorial? No reaction from the other characters about their deaths?

What kind of fucking message is that suppose to give?! That I'm suppose to be all sad and heartbroken that the main characters died and all the other stuff didn't matter?! Fuck you! If that's the ending they were going for then a job well done on that part! Thanks a lot for wasting nearly 300 hundred minutes of my time for a bullshit ending!

In the end, this anime wasn't necessarily bad but it's just another example of wasted potential.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jun 28, 2017 1:22 AM

Aug 2013
Fai said:

Jonesy974 said:

Its A sequel

Ahhh ok. Interesting. Kind of a slap in the face after all the trauma they put you through lol. Oh? You thought all of that was sad huh? Guess what bitch, that was just the appetizer!

Jun 28, 2017 1:27 AM

Mar 2013
Fantastic finale.
All the feels I failed to perceive in previous episodes came crushing down in the finale T_T
The montage of Chtholly going on a killing spree with music in the background was heartbreaking. It was excellently executed.
Gotta feel sad for William too. He couldn't protect anyone till the very end of his life T_T

AND NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Nephren!!! She was the sole character I was truly fond of in the anime. And since I read spoilers and know about fate of Chtholly and William, just tell me Nehren is still alive plz T_T

The ending scene was truly misleading. If it weren't for people clarifying it up here, I'd have looking forward to S2 with false hopes .-.

It was an okay ride. 7.5/10
Jun 28, 2017 1:29 AM

Aug 2013
Anathor said:

Jonesy974 said:
Does she have a corpse or does she disintegrate? Did the two pulses in that chalice thing represent Willem and Ren surviving? Or just Willem?

Chtholly is dead. There is no room for other explainations since Elq clearly said she would definitely disappear this time. She was already on the brink of losing herself due to the disintegration effect. She basically burned what little life she still had left to save Willem and Ren. They didn't show because of time constraints; but

So the two pulses are about Ren and Willem, albeit in the novel the pond only confirmed Willem's "safety" not Ren's; so the anime gave a present for anime watchers so that they could understand that not only him made it.

Jonesy974 said:

Ah that was the author trying to make us despair even more T_T in the novel the scene is placed right after the battle ended, so it's not wrong to show it when they did; but they forgot to say that it was set in the past.

Jonesy974 said:

Chtholly is Elq; but Elq is not Chtholly. Fairies are born from Elq's shattered soul and return to her when they die. Chtholly didn't die as a fairy though.

Oh I never doubted she died. I was just curious about "how"/ the aftermath since they fade into the next scene.

The change with the ripples was probably a welcome one by people who actually knew what it meant.

Of course. That final kick in the balls. Hell, they should've played some sad music there too just to rub it in a little.

Ah ok, so if I'm understanding that correctly, Ctholly basically transitioned from a Leprechaun to a "human", and thus died in a way that's different from the normal fairy way of death -> soul reincarnated -> rinse and repeat? In that case, do we assume as the audience that she died like a human? Just dead, no soul passing on or being reincarnated, no magic related forces at work, just...the end?
Jun 28, 2017 1:49 AM

Nov 2016
im not crying im just sweating through my eyes
Jun 28, 2017 2:19 AM

Apr 2016
I knew it! Nephren & Willhem didn't die and the scenes in the end tore my heart apart especially when Nephren took alot of venenum RIP Chtholly ( ;~;)

Thank you for this wonderful ride. 9/10
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Jun 28, 2017 2:28 AM

May 2015
the only good thing is that rhan survived
ost 10/10
guess gotta read the novel
Jun 28, 2017 2:48 AM

Sep 2016
the final battle against the random mob vine monsters was pretty good,
the whole anime though? pretty bad.

first, there are way too much fake overdramatic moment especially around willheim who always getting weird spasm whenever he get alerted by the drama. there are way too much of this

second, nothing happened at all, nothing. This is full adaptation I thought I'd get some satisfying end plot, but nope. we know nothing about basically everything about the human, beast, god stuff. and only some really vague explanations in the past 2 episode or something. the whole anime is basically just a little story about kutori, nothing more.

the plot is pretty interesting, yet they explored absolutely nothing about it and focused everything about cheesy overdramatic moments. And I don't expect 2nd season since LN anime is just some flashy advertizment for the on-going LN.

watchable, 5/10

DoctorWasabi said:
anybody who says they did not cry from this episode is A HUGE LIAR
or just not a sentimental wussies
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 28, 2017 3:49 AM
Jun 2016
One of the best adaptations of this year really. That ending had me speechless,but I believe Willem,and nephren are alive. Hope to see an ova soon or second season all in all said I give this an 8/10.😏
Jun 28, 2017 4:45 AM

Jul 2014
That was depressing as hell, but it was extremely confusing as well, as from this alone we don't know what exactly happened to Willem or Nephren or what's going on in that scene where it's implied Chtholly was reincarnated for some reason. Sure, there's the LNs to explain that, but in the context of the anime alone it's incredibly confusing. That being said, this felt like a fitting ending to a show that hasn't been perfect but has been magnificent when at its best. A second season would certainly be nice, even if it's just to clear a few things up about the ending.

8/10
Jun 28, 2017 4:57 AM

Dec 2011
Can anyone spoil me the novel? What happened to Williem? Did Chtolly and Ren really died? Does Williem continue as the main character in the later volume of do we get new MC? I hope Ren is alive cuz she is my favorite character.....
amc9988Jun 28, 2017 5:01 AM
Jun 28, 2017 5:10 AM

May 2016
WOW just WOW. That ending. That was amazing. That was incredible. That was ... i don't have words to describe it.
Jun 28, 2017 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
What a season finale! I had imagined that the last episode would have been done in this way, but I would not have thought it was even more dramatic than expected. It was very touching the narration, but they are also a bit exaggerated to force their hand to make it all so sad. The final scene in which Chtholly, after being born, smiles, is too sweet and cute. <3
I hope there is a second season, because the story so far has been a bit scathing about important issues.

For now, my vote is 7/10.
Jun 28, 2017 5:53 AM
Mar 2017
so.. this willem guy can one punch the monster through a steel door but can't pull a little girl up? :thinking:
Jun 28, 2017 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
Man what an ending, Willem was one of my favorite male characters of the season. he was a fucking boss. The music in this finale was sheer brilliance.
In the end it took a while for me to realize that humans are beasts and humans are the Leprechauns as well. basically when Willem realized it so did I lol.
Great anime though 8/10

Vacu0us said:
i kinda lost it when they started playing scarborough fair

THAT VERY END SCENE OMG YEEEES SO MUCH HOPE.

Yes on both accounts!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 28, 2017 7:16 AM

Feb 2015
well, when the anime started was a bit lost, but watching so many episodes made me feel very,and understand what this autor wanted to share with us, what would you do if you wake up in a world without your family your friends and etc,the last episode was a masterpiece it saved all the entire season of this anime,i like the whole anime but would be better if get a second season, yeah i cried its been a long time i dont cry, since plastic memories haha

Jun 28, 2017 7:23 AM

Feb 2008
Right in the feels, damn it. It was an excellent finale, a fine juxtaposition of action and emotions. The final battle was an exceedingly depressing affair. At least the episode ended on a slightly lighter note.

I'd definitely love to stick around for more.
Jun 28, 2017 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
Nigami_Shin said:
that anime is a good example for drama that doesn't work. the whole 12th episode felt cheesy as hell. let's not forget the horrible fights and ugly enemies - they fight giant monsters and lose to a few bugs....

wouldn't watch it again

agreed with every single point lmao.

ending felt rushed.
5/10 overall.
Jun 28, 2017 8:36 AM

Apr 2013
So it's a tragic ending after all. And the sequel will be a new beginning.

I'm sad for Chtholly and Willem's fate. But I didn't cry like I did with Chrno Crusade because ending's not clear until I read ln spoilers from everyone.

Jun 28, 2017 8:42 AM

Jan 2014
Tbh i felt like this whole show could have been so good, but in the end it was just overall a mess for me, there just wasn't enough 'care' in me and it fell flat even tough the final ep had this 'epic' feel. 6/10 and it will quickly be forgotten.
Jun 28, 2017 8:47 AM

Jan 2013
Even so My brain left an expression of "What the **** happened and a large as a brain question mark" on multiple shish-kabab then came out like terminator after the huge explosion also who's that cute creature at the end.
Pyon2WarpKunJun 28, 2017 8:55 AM
Jun 28, 2017 8:55 AM
Mar 2017
Until episode 12, I had greatly enjoyed this anime. But, seriously, how it ended. Nothing about the world had changed, or fates and treatment of the girls. What methods that were used to improve the girls fighting ability died with Willem and Chtholly. Both main characters died without saving the person they sacrificed their lives for. Chtholly lost here memories and feels for nothing in the end. Furthermore, very little morning was done. Their was some talk and tears for Chtholly, but no one seemed sad that Willem was gone. The sage was the only one who mentioned him, not even the troll lady seemed sad about it. After enjoying and loving the characters in the other episodes. The way things went made this one of the saddest, unsatisfying, and most depressing anime endings I have ever seen. Other animes with endings like this are usually sad or depressing all the way through, but this is did not see coming. I still have a hard time excepting that this was the last episode and that there is no comeback. This ending ruined the anime for me.
Jun 28, 2017 9:04 AM

Oct 2012
Such wasted potential. It felt pretty rushed.

Overall I enjoyed the series, but I prefer the LN more.

If it were 2 cour/split cour, it would have been better.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jun 28, 2017 9:31 AM

Nov 2013
There were some flaws, rushed bits, unanswered questions and bad writing in this show. But overall this show was very entertaining to watch for me.

Sadly we will never see the day that a season 2 happens.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

85 by toralbabs »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.