Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 14, 2017 12:32 AM

Feb 2017
S-quare22 said:
Ok guys .. i was really scared to post this ..
because i know that girls will attack me with brutal replies .. but i don't care XD

Before saying anything... I'm a girl in the first place and i'm proud ..

We are seeing these days a lot of cliche animes that talks about "moeshit" girls like eromanga sensei , oreimo , gochuumon wa usagi and love live .. and a lot shitty "moeanimes" receiving a second season .. the problem is that these animes are not profitable for the studios so the most of the anime studios have been closed ..
In addition , in the shounen animes ( the last hope for the anime industry ) we always find the boobed shit girl that you want to punch .. for example inoue from bleach ..
To be honest most of the anime fans dropped most of the shounen animes because of that kind of shitty annoying girls ..
So the shounen animes have shit girls , shoujo anime have shit girls , slice of life have shit girls ...
I am really tired of that .. ok there are some exceptions like kurisu and mikasa ..
But i cant stand the anime girls untill now
You know , they put girls just to add some fucking ecchi scenes ..

So , what is your opinion
Do you like anime girls and tell us why and dont forget to write your opinion of what i said ..
Or do you agree with me ?
Leave your comments here
Sorry for my bad english ; )

I agree way too much with this thread. Check my favorites list,you'll find no girl characters. These annoying shitty girls are a major problem while choosing an anime, I mean I've dropped so many animes for these problemetic girls(mainly Tsunderes) especially I totally hate the ones in romance shōjo genres. Orange seemed good,but soon enough the typical boring love confusion and romance fantasy pissed me off. It's becoming harder and harder to find a good romance anime with mc girl who have something else to do beside ONLY thinking about love and fantasy fantasy fantasy...for this problem,I've mainly been watching the animes without romance. But there ARE some with really good romance. I LOVE Kimi no Na wa just for the romance. What a beautiful romance !! And I must say, the side female characters of shōnen animes are often with strong personalities. Can't help but love them. I really love Temari. And as you said, of course Mikasa and Kurisu are exceptions.
Jun 14, 2017 12:48 AM

Mar 2016
I get your point @S-quare22, I'm also annoyed from these cliche types of girls that you find in many Animes every season,maybe I'm just getting to old for these types of shounen Animes with full of Moe,Tsunderes... But everyone has different taste and that's the reason for most of the adaptation
Jun 14, 2017 12:50 AM

Aug 2013
Tell me about it. Anime girls can be very annoying especially tsundere lolis that's why cartoon girls> anime girls.
Jun 14, 2017 2:13 AM

Aug 2016
Because You are watching the wrong animes ^^
Jun 14, 2017 5:50 AM

Jun 2009
WinterEnlighten said:
S-quare22 said:
because i know that girls will attack me with brutal replies .. but i don't care XD

We are seeing these days a lot of cliche animes that talks about "moeshit" girls like eromanga sensei , oreimo , gochuumon wa usagi and love live .. and a lot shitty "moeanimes" receiving a second season .. the problem is that these animes are not profitable for the studios so the most of the anime studios have been closed ..
In addition , in the shounen animes ( the last hope for the anime industry ) we always find the boobed shit girl that you want to punch .. for example inoue from bleach ..
To be honest most of the anime fans dropped most of the shounen animes because of that kind of shitty annoying girls ..
So the shounen animes have shit girls , shoujo anime have shit girls , slice of life have shit girls ...
I am really tired of that .. ok there are some exceptions like kurisu and mikasa ..

Do you like anime girls and tell us why and dont forget to write your opinion of what i said ..
Leave your comments here

I agree way too much with this thread. Check my favorites list,you'll find no girl characters. These annoying shitty girls are a major problem while choosing an anime, I mean I've dropped so many animes for these problemetic girls(mainly Tsunderes) especially I totally hate the ones in romance shōjo genres. Orange seemed good,but soon enough the typical boring love confusion and romance fantasy pissed me off. It's becoming harder and harder to find a good romance anime with mc girl who have something else to do beside ONLY thinking about love and fantasy fantasy fantasy...for this problem,I've mainly been watching the animes without romance. But there ARE some with really good romance. I LOVE Kimi no Na wa just for the romance. What a beautiful romance !! And I must say, the side female characters of shōnen animes are often with strong personalities. Can't help but love them. I really love Temari. And as you said, of course Mikasa and Kurisu are exceptions.

I think the problem with girls like you and her is that you haven't seen enough anime. She watched 107 anime series and you 144. You both seem to watch mostly popular anime, mainly shounen. While there are great female characters in shounen, there are also great female characters in josei, seinen, fantasy, adventure etc.

Also, S-quare22 seems to have watched plenty of ecchi anime. Ecchis aren't known for complex female characters, lol. So she's been watching the wrong genre if she was looking for interesting female characters XD.

If you girls want more complex, interesting female characters you should widen the range of genres you watch, simple.
Rhiannon-SenpaiJun 14, 2017 5:54 AM
Jun 14, 2017 5:56 AM
Jean Michel Salt

Oct 2015
That was a funny thread trol>fun>quality this question just suck for 1 fucking reason that depend on ur taste and only on this. Lets see an example lets take an ecchi u want to see boobs if they didnt make fanservice its a fail
Lets take another example romance what do u want in this? Cute relation with 2 cute character so just please if u dont like an anime dont watch it or at least dont complain or u will be the only character annoying here

Feel free to ad me for serious business
And one other thing dont think we are all fucking trash who share ur opinion.
Drop an annime is bad dont do this be strong ☺
PS:Rip english mine is so fucking bad as hell XD

Jun 14, 2017 6:03 AM

Jul 2015
Either OP is a master troller/baiter, or there's something wrong in OP's head. Really hoping it's not the latter.
Jun 14, 2017 6:18 AM

Nov 2012
DrGeroCreation said:
Tell me about it. Anime girls can be very annoying especially tsundere lolis that's why cartoon girls> anime girls.

There are a ton of obnoxious cartoon girls that are on par with the worst tsunderes though:

Vicky from Fairy Odd Parents)
Mandy from Totally Spies)
Mandy from Billy and Mandy
That fat girl who was Nigel Uno's girlfriend in KND
Sarah from Ed Edd n Eddy
...Some others I forgot to mention.
Jun 14, 2017 7:04 AM
May 2017
The aniem you are watching probably has a main lead of a tsundere, so generally they are annoying.

Jun 14, 2017 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
Because majority have high pitched voices, sound like a spoiled child, act or have childish and immature personality. There's nothing attractive in that if you ask me.
Jun 14, 2017 7:23 AM

May 2015
Symphyon said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
You lost me at 'shounen as the last hope for anime'. What? How come?

I'm lost at this as well. In fact the person brags about Shounen even though I personally think the "quality" of shounen anime has decreased. Let's be fair while I don't think the shounen genre has gone downhill... it's just, no. It's not even the last hope for anime.

The last hope for anime is for the industry itself to get its shit together with the way it handles itself.

I have too much to do to keep up with seasonals - including watching all the anime released from time immemorial. I think we're better off talking about quality stuff regardless of when it was released.

That means, get hyped over Kaiba!
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 14, 2017 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
SSF2 said:

Anime girls are not the problem, but the ones who create them. And who creates them? Men (and some girls, I know), but obviously not all of them. Men who have a completely distorsionated view of how a woman looks like, but it isn't as if they cared about it anyway.

Ecchi is a way of exageration and fetishization of women (which, even if I don't like it, I don't think it has always to be bad). Moe is infantilization of girls (and sometimes boys), girls who look and act like children, but aren't children. I suppose there is exactly the point of its atractiveness to some boys. Imagine how childish their minds must be, although there are some exceptions of very conscious people who still like it, for a big variety of reasons... And then there's the typical shoujo girl (who's not only present in shoujos anyway), submissive and kind to the point of being really annoying. But, let's face it, this type of girl is based on the ideal of women they have in Japan (and in western countries until not long ago, though there are some people who still want it here), these gender roles are very rooted even if we try to pretend they're not.

This is why feminism is still necessary today.
Some men are just afraid of feminism because they think we want to take something away from them. Attacking men is not the aim of feminism. Feminists are just women (and some men) who aknowledge the privileges males have over women in every human society, and so try to fight against them (privileges, not men) to reach equality.

Aren't you exaggerating... like MUCH? ^^"

On the one side, you are right, but I don't dislike those girls, because of the sake of feminism.
I dislike them, because I can't stand stories with much moe and Ecchi / fanservice (can't take them serious and it's kinda disgusting) and characters I don't like make a story I don't like. Nothing more and nothing less.

Don't worry. Nobody has a wrong idea of how men and women look like. They have eyes, they see real people almost everyday (at least I hope so), so everyone knows how women look like. The appearance of anime characters influences young people as much as Barbie and models and whatever do: they don't.
Eating disorders and body images etc... are much more complex than that.

There is also nothing wrong with cute charaters, female and male, as long as it's not so exaggerated. Cute and likeable personality and behavior traits can people make like the characters.
There is also nothing wrong with a shy and quite submissive female character, IF it's their personality. People are different, you know.

Shoujo love stories own more annoying tropes btw. I really dislike that the female main character is often portrayed as a shrinking violet. Nothing wrong with being shy, but the other, more confident girls (often with make up and more sexy clothes) are portrayed as those bitches, who wanna steal her boyfriend or crush. Even as the girls, who are bullying her. THAT'S annoying. Have you seen how often the poor, poor main girl is bullied by the mean, mean girls, just because the female audience should pity her? XD

To be honest: I personally don't feel oppressed in my country and society. I'm very satisfied with my situation as a women in my country tbh.
Of course, I won't be alone in some parts of my city in the middle of the night etc... and there were some with disgusting pick up lines plus behavior, but that's the fault of single shitty individuals, not of the whole society and sexism in general.
Jun 14, 2017 12:10 PM

Aug 2013
SuperRed said:

There are a ton of obnoxious cartoon girls that are on par with the worst tsunderes though
Only Vicky and Sarah are on par with the worst tsunderes. Bitchy tsunderes who beat up male characters for any little thing or nothing at all barely exist in cartoons, while it's oversaturated in anime.

SuperRed said:
Mandy from Totally Spies
She is the girls' antagonist at school so it makes sense for her to be like that. Also Totally Spies is anime influenced so her character could be influenced by bitchy anime tsunderes.

SuperRed said:
Mandy isn't annoying or obnoxious at all, Billy is the annoying one because of his hyperactive personality. Mandy is pretty chill, it's just that she is apathetic , conniving and can be shrewd. I prefer her personality over any violent anime female tsundere.
DrGeroCreationJun 14, 2017 4:20 PM
Jun 14, 2017 5:49 PM

Mar 2016
I definitely think the girls in CGDCT anime are obnoxious.
It really all depends on the voice actor and character.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jun 14, 2017 6:20 PM

Dec 2010
flannan said:
hack5 said:

I have watched high school of the dead by the way and it just proves what i am trying to say girls in general get better treatment,then lets talk about sports anime i know that there are shows that cater to male like keijo or female,free but i find you dont get the feels or drive that you get when you watch a show like haikyuu i just wish they take girls seriously we do a whole lot more than be cute and eat cake

I have never seen Haikyuu (I have a general dislike of sports, and even when a sports anime is filled with cute girls, I am not likely to watch it).
The most powerful sports anime with mostly girls I've seen (except battle harems) is that one about air tag.
Edit: found it. https://myanimelist.net/anime/28391/Ao_no_Kanata_no_Four_Rhythm

So should give Haikyuu a try even if it turn out that you still dont like it at least you will get a feel to what i am saying,the show that you recommended i dropped i was not enjoying it at all.
Jun 14, 2017 6:31 PM

Dec 2010
WinterEnlighten said:
S-quare22 said:

Leave your comments here

I am the same,my favorite list has no females,because of your post i just notice that lol,dont get me wrong i have female characters i love but i tend to watch more male balance shows.Recently i stopped watching most harem,cute girls doing cute thing and battle shows filled with only females.I am a girl who would prefer shonen over shojo,jojo over queens blade or any male protagonist over a female one in anime,manga or games i just cant stand them.
Jun 14, 2017 6:35 PM
Sep 2011
S-quare22 said:

I cant support talking with weebs
You think that the age is important weebs .. huh ??
Im very surprised that my brain is bigger than yours
A 13 girls who owns a mind of an adult and and an adult who owns a weeb boyish mind .. after that discussion i realised that weebs will destroy the world .. i dont mind .. keep of talking untill you will die weeb

Probably a troll, but you do realise you are posting on myanimelist forums right? Thats as about weeb as you can get.

Whats with all the ...

There are plenty of great female characters in anime. There are plenty of bad female characters in anime. There are plenty of great male leads, and there are absolute ton of really boring crappy male leads. Chances are if the show is shit, then the characters are going to be shit too
pacifyJun 14, 2017 6:39 PM
Jun 14, 2017 8:42 PM

Jan 2017
Well it all depends on the series you choose. Anime studios/mangaka will shoehorn female archetypes like the fanservice character, the tsundere, the airhead, etc because they're appealing to the lowest common denominator and trying to get a few extra eyes on screen/panel, they know dudes have a thing for stupid shit like that so they sacrifice and say screw it, let's just get attention. Of course, male archetypes exist too, but by nature those archetypes are different and not as problematic for male characters for the most part, and negative stereotypes are there too, but it's a matter of prevalence, and you often see 1 dimensional female characters a lot more often than the reverse.

This also stems from the idea that many studios and mangaka still believe anime and manga is a male dominated medium, which is why they resort to stupid tricks writing their female characters (and to an extent their male characters too), but the studios and creators that don't do their homework on constantly changing demographics and those that do are a clear indication of mediocre content creators and quality content creators respectively.

So keep looking for good series, I can personally say with confidence anime has a lot of great stuff to offer in terms of good characters both male and female, but like any medium, such as live action tv, documentaries, movies, you have to sift through the garbage stuff and the mediocre stuff to find the diamonds in the rough.
Jun 14, 2017 10:21 PM

Nov 2009
hack5 said:
flannan said:

I have never seen Haikyuu (I have a general dislike of sports, and even when a sports anime is filled with cute girls, I am not likely to watch it).
The most powerful sports anime with mostly girls I've seen (except battle harems) is that one about air tag.
Edit: found it. https://myanimelist.net/anime/28391/Ao_no_Kanata_no_Four_Rhythm

So should give Haikyuu a try even if it turn out that you still dont like it at least you will get a feel to what i am saying,the show that you recommended i dropped i was not enjoying it at all.

Frankly, I do not want to. Okay, volleyball is one of the few sports where I actually understand the rules, but all those guys on the cover...
I'm not feeling charitable enough to even make promises of trying to watch it. (that's due to my circumstances unrelated to this forum)
Jun 14, 2017 10:37 PM

Sep 2016
Don't watch ecchi and shounen anime. Problem solved.
And yeah, I effing don't like tsunderes.
Jun 14, 2017 10:53 PM

Jun 2016
You'll have to single out which girls are annoying, there are some pretty cool ones.
Jun 14, 2017 11:02 PM

May 2017
I was immediately confused when you said that girls would probably attack you??? Do you think that many girls are fans of the annoying moe character? Because I think not.
I hate those characters, honestly. But at the same time, I don't watch anime that typically has those kinds of characters.
Most girl characters who are the love interest are annoying to me anyway, because they're awful and way too obvious. Thats mostly because I'm not like that and I would never dream of being the annoying "in love" kind of girl.
It's just based on different interests, and obviously different cultures. Also, the anime with these kinds of characters aren't aimed at female viewers anyway
Jun 14, 2017 11:10 PM

May 2017
ThunderbroAnime said:
Well it all depends on the series you choose. Anime studios/mangaka will shoehorn female archetypes like the fanservice character, the tsundere, the airhead, etc because they're appealing to the lowest common denominator and trying to get a few extra eyes on screen/panel, they know dudes have a thing for stupid shit like that so they sacrifice and say screw it, let's just get attention. Of course, male archetypes exist too, but by nature those archetypes are different and not as problematic for male characters for the most part, and negative stereotypes are there too, but it's a matter of prevalence, and you often see 1 dimensional female characters a lot more often than the reverse.

This also stems from the idea that many studios and mangaka still believe anime and manga is a male dominated medium, which is why they resort to stupid tricks writing their female characters (and to an extent their male characters too), but the studios and creators that don't do their homework on constantly changing demographics and those that do are a clear indication of mediocre content creators and quality content creators respectively.

So keep looking for good series, I can personally say with confidence anime has a lot of great stuff to offer in terms of good characters both male and female, but like any medium, such as live action tv, documentaries, movies, you have to sift through the garbage stuff and the mediocre stuff to find the diamonds in the rough.

You hit the nail directly on the head here c:

Side note, I think Attack on Titan has been one of the successful animes with interesting female characters. Who also aren't annoying or sexualised, so that's a plus.
Jun 14, 2017 11:28 PM

Jul 2014
I think the title should be:

Why are the anime characters in general so annoying !!??
Jun 15, 2017 12:15 AM
Mar 2015
Because you're not watching the right shows.

mattao313 said:
I think the title should be:

Why are the anime characters in general so annoying !!??

... Nope, can't argue against that.
Jun 15, 2017 12:41 AM

Nov 2009
demision said:
I was immediately confused when you said that girls would probably attack you??? Do you think that many girls are fans of the annoying moe character? Because I think not.
I hate those characters, honestly. But at the same time, I don't watch anime that typically has those kinds of characters.
Most girl characters who are the love interest are annoying to me anyway, because they're awful and way too obvious. Thats mostly because I'm not like that and I would never dream of being the annoying "in love" kind of girl.

Yeah, you would not be that "in love" kind of girl. You would probably be like Glenn Radars, Rokudenashi's MC, in the recent episodes: "Kukuku, I'm going to get married into money and never need to work again". (and in reality, he did not feel even that much, and neither would you)
That's why 2D>3D. Men really want to be loved.
Jun 15, 2017 2:16 AM

Nov 2015
S-quare22 said:

And there's the problem with most western women nowadays. They're way too proud and it's annoying. I like watching anime girls because they're girly and feminine and they don't try to act like men. It's cute and a nice escape from reality.
Jun 15, 2017 7:02 AM

Oct 2016
Are you saying that real girls are not annoying?
Jun 15, 2017 7:06 AM

Jul 2015
Parkyou said:
Are you saying that real girls are not annoying?

less annoying than tsunderes though
Jun 15, 2017 7:29 AM

Feb 2013
iLolicon said:
S-quare22 said:

And there's the problem with most western women nowadays. They're way too proud and it's annoying. I like watching anime girls because they're girly and feminine and they don't try to act like men. It's cute and a nice escape from reality.
before changing her profile description, her location said she's from UAE
Jun 15, 2017 7:33 AM

Nov 2015
S-quare22 said:

Leave your comments here

Haven't you met any real girls?

They are a ton worse.

The world we live in...
Near is far superior to you!

Jun 15, 2017 7:52 AM

May 2017
It's all new to me so I don't find anything annoying yet. That being said, studios follow the money, and the money always rest with the lowest common denominator. So you're going to have to live with what we got, because that is apparently what sells. I can't stand TV in general because I feel like there isn't much emphasis put on creating art as there is making a quick buck.

Jun 15, 2017 7:59 AM
Jun 2017
Most of the anime girls are portrayed annoying and rude but some are kind and polite e.g kyoko mogami in skipbeat

Cheerios ☕
Jun 15, 2017 9:57 AM

Dec 2010
flannan said:
hack5 said:

Frankly, I do not want to. Okay, volleyball is one of the few sports where I actually understand the rules, but all those guys on the cover...
I'm not feeling charitable enough to even make promises of trying to watch it. (that's due to my circumstances unrelated to this forum)

Cool i am not forcing you i just want to be on equal page with you but it was nice conversating with you laters
Jun 15, 2017 10:42 AM
Sep 2014
In case anyone is ever wondering why anime fans are so hated I'll send em this thread cus most y'all some cringey n annoying mfs with shitty opinions. Looking especially at the grown men obsessed w ecchi and moe who argued w a 13 year old girl for not liking their wank material, kys pls
Jun 15, 2017 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
DrGeroCreation said:

SuperRed said:
Mandy isn't annoying or obnoxious at all, Billy is the annoying one because of his hyperactive personality. Mandy is pretty chill, it's just that she is apathetic , conniving and can be shrewd. I prefer her personality over any violent anime female tsundere.

Mandy from Billy and Mandy is OG, most badass cartoon character ever, 0 fucks given. You sir are a man of culture.
Jun 18, 2017 11:22 AM

Aug 2014
Thread locked

There are a few problems with this thread. First of all, it seems to mostly just be a rant which should be contained in the blogs area: https://myanimelist.net/blog.php
Second, it's basically: "I don't like moe in anime. What do you think of anime girls?". It's extremely broad and this has caused many spam and troll responses. The thread has very little actual discussion and topics about anime girls already exist: Clicky here

(Yes, I know this thread has been dead for 3 days already, but sooner or later someone would have bumped it again)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 9 hours ago

27 by MeguSae38 »»
24 minutes ago

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - 1 hour ago

11 by district_marvel »»
24 minutes ago

» How to deal with anime backlog??

Xenofight - May 22

31 by Kruszer »»
31 minutes ago

» Why are The Mysterious Play, Colour Cloud Palace and Raven of the Inner Palace not as popular as The Apothecary Diaries ?

KingSunWukong - Mar 25

20 by ColourWheel »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - Yesterday

20 by Rhae »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.