Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2015 9:20 PM

Apr 2015
Iazrien said:
Tylaen said:
Wow, shit. I didn't expect the opinion reviewing police to step onto my door. Excuse me, sir but regardless of we already knowing he Is the hottest shit that'll ever walk the earth, it's still fucking boring.

Many of us will disagree but if you so blatantly don't like it just drop there series I'm sure not many of us will miss you and you might just be doing yourself a service. But to me it seems like you want it to be something that it already established it isn't and you disagree with it but it never lead you to believe it was anything else in the first place.

I'll drop it when I feel it Is no longer worth it but until then, I hope you have more sarcasm In store. You'll need it.
Jul 28, 2015 9:35 PM

Mar 2013
"Shit. So freaking cool, Lord Ains."
This is exactly my reaction.

I wish they go into more expository detail about the Slane Theocracy/classes/Yggdrasil and whatnot. Seems like world building is an important aspect in this show and I really want to know more about it.
Jul 28, 2015 9:55 PM

May 2015
I really enjoy this anime
Jul 28, 2015 9:57 PM
Nov 2012
Shiba- said:
"Shit. So freaking cool, Lord Ains."
This is exactly my reaction.

I wish they go into more expository detail about the Slane Theocracy/classes/Yggdrasil and whatnot. Seems like world building is an important aspect in this show and I really want to know more about it.
Yea instead of that, they could've at least spared a few words about sunlight scripture. If anyones interested

I mean at least they could've made Nigan mention the black scripture while he was cursing and whining like he did In the LN while comparing their and Ainz's strength.

Not a bad episode though I definitely enjoyed it and lol at the mecha angels. First Optimus prime death knight now Robot angels.....Nice! very Nice.
Jul 28, 2015 10:08 PM

Aug 2008
Ainz Ooal Gown > Momonga. If you have awesome OP powers you've got to have an equally awesome name to instill fear into your enemies with.
Well played, let's hope whoever was watching the fight helps spread the word.

Darklight0303 said:
People hoping the OP'ness train ever stops. Oh you adorable innocent little lambs.

IKR! Is like they got used to watching ball-less, scrawny, indecisive male MC's from anime where the power of kindness or whatnot magically gets you the girls and defeats the bad guys somehow.

I expect an Overlord to be... well, an Overlord.
Jul 28, 2015 10:20 PM

Jul 2015
ichii_1 said:
Man, even with 4 ep per volume some small bits get left behind :(
That black hole :O
There is definitely a Yggdrasil player out there cause no way thee scrubs could ever get a high level item like that.

-Gazef implores Ainz to help but Ainz say he would put up resistance if he forced him.
-The enemy attacked because Gazef didn't have the Kingdom's Five Treasures with him this time, if he did he would have beat all of them.
-Albedo actually uses 2 skills to send that catapult attack back at the guy.

-The 7th tier angel had a passive defense boost skill for allies and high defense itself (which makes ainz one shotting it even more impressive).
-The angel can supposedly kill the demon god that ravaged the world 200 years ago which the 13 heroes of legend sealed away..
-Ainz was on guard for Seraphim level angels which would have take his and Albedo's full power to defeat.

I literally scroll for your comment since you always recommend this to everyone anywhere you post lmao.. AINZ OOAL GOWN BANZAI!!!!!
Jul 28, 2015 10:25 PM

Apr 2015
Genix said:

Darklight0303 said:
People hoping the OP'ness train ever stops. Oh you adorable innocent little lambs.

IKR! Is like they got used to watching ball-less, scrawny, indecisive male MC's from anime where the power of kindness or whatnot magically gets you the girls and defeats the bad guys somehow.

I expect an Overlord to be... well, an Overlord.

Now that's an insulting generalization if I ever saw one.
TylaenJul 28, 2015 10:31 PM
Jul 28, 2015 10:30 PM

Mar 2012
Man, I'm really liking how OP he is. It's just so hilarious how high and mighty his enemies are and then they just get rekt without him even trying xD

Darklight0303 said:

NEVER GETTING OFF THIS TRAIN >:D
Jul 28, 2015 11:41 PM
May 2014
Where can i find every episode's rating in Japan? Or just tell me.
Jul 28, 2015 11:44 PM

May 2013
This episode Papa Bones's face poker really cracks me up lol.
7-tier magic is childplay for him as expected from Lord of Death.
Albedo showing her yandere side was funny.
Waiting more of Papa Bones awesomeness.
Jul 29, 2015 12:01 AM

May 2013
XMahesvaraX said:
Yeah OP=Wish Fulfillment... You know he doesn't even have boner despite having harem for the sake of 'wish fulfillment' right? It's actually suffering, not a good thing.
His OPness is not a level of nonsense. Actually it's just logical. He is a last level player in a low level(avarage 30 i guess) area. What did you expect? Would struggling againts that weaklings will be more realistic?
Lastly he is not a juvenile(iirc he was something around 30) and he clearly said in the first episode that one of their guild's requirement is to be in a proper place in society. So this is not typical 'NEET Otaku(for wish fulfillment) transported to his/her dream world' theme either... He is a avarage human in a society and he transported to a world where he can no longer feel any pleasure so how is this a wish fulfillment?

When did I say, that OP=wish fulfillment? Even overpowered characters can be done well like in Fate series, TTGL or Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, but there should be a challenge, when in last episode we have seen Ainz just steamrolling through some weaklings like Tatsuya Shiba or other Mary Sue. There could be e.g. other player, but nope, that would destroy power fantasy. And when MC isn't juvenile (at least on the papers), the show is.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Jul 29, 2015 12:46 AM
Jan 2014
The OP-ness of Nazarick is ok in the beginning but

Very spoilerish.
Jul 29, 2015 12:47 AM

Oct 2010
I like the OPness for now, but sad we didnt get to see how he finished them off :/
Jul 29, 2015 12:49 AM

Sep 2013
Only for Dio's Voice this episode was 9/10
Deep dark fantasies
Jul 29, 2015 1:01 AM

Jun 2011
vangoz said:

Very spoilerish.

Thats not very true since

[/quote]
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 29, 2015 1:11 AM
Nov 2012
Slicer22 said:
vangoz said:

Very spoilerish.

Thats not very true since

[/quote]Exactly it was a such a narrow victory, 1 mistake and it might've all been over.Also with 0 asspulls..."cough" somoene mentioned fate/stay night....(lel)
Jul 29, 2015 1:22 AM

Apr 2008
RediceRyan said:
Fantastic episode, that was some ownage. Maybe he'll run into Kirito, that would be interesting. I'm sure there are other human players that were trapped in the mmorpg

Kirito would die to a guardian let alone Ains
Jul 29, 2015 1:46 AM
Aug 2012
jakkubus said:
When did I say, that OP=wish fulfillment? Even overpowered characters can be done well like in Fate series, TTGL or Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, but there should be a challenge, when in last episode we have seen Ainz just steamrolling through some weaklings like Tatsuya Shiba or other Mary Sue. There could be e.g. other player, but nope, that would destroy power fantasy. And when MC isn't juvenile (at least on the papers), the show is.

So your stupid hate propaganda against OP characters doesn't stop does it? Is it fun being a broken radio.............look man we get that you feel insecure and pathetic but seriously stop with the stupid buzzwords, they don't make you cool.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the character haven't been done well. All your subjective whining doesn't prove anything. It''s only been 4 episodes aka the first volume.........it is already established he will be far more powerful than normal scrubs.

If you don't like it go watch another show than doing this pointless crying "Hurr hurr this is bad because character is OP". Oh i like both OP and weak characters, so don't try the "wish fullfillment" or "fanboy" card.

Jul 29, 2015 1:53 AM

Jan 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:
So far, not very interesting. I'll keep trying. Somehow the plot is not getting to me. What MC is trying to achieve? Most MMO anime usually have a goal but this one is confusing.

he wants to know how he got there and is there anyone else like him
Jul 29, 2015 2:22 AM

Jul 2015
Ashford_Thunder said:
Guy, don't forget that there is an extra chunk after ED this episode, make sure you don't miss it. :D
Thanks, I would have missed it. :)
Jul 29, 2015 2:26 AM

Jan 2013
It's only the first battle and people are screaming that there are no adveraries.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 29, 2015 2:29 AM

May 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
So your stupid hate propaganda against OP characters doesn't stop does it? Is it fun being a broken radio.............look man we get that you feel insecure and pathetic but seriously stop with the stupid buzzwords, they don't make you cool.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the character haven't been done well. All your subjective whining doesn't prove anything. It''s only been 4 episodes aka the first volume.........it is already established he will be far more powerful than normal scrubs.

If you don't like it go watch another show than doing this pointless crying "Hurr hurr this is bad because character is OP". Oh i like both OP and weak characters, so don't try the "wish fullfillment" or "fanboy" card.

Wow, so much whining, because someone said, that your cherished anime is bad. And I see, that you didn't even bother to read my post, but you just hit the berserk button and fight straw man like always. I have directly said many times, that I have no problem with OP characters, but the way some authors make use of them.

And I see, that it's always the same people bitching about my opinion. Get a life. If my posts rustle your jimmies so much, then you are free to not read them.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Jul 29, 2015 2:33 AM

Jun 2008
Great! Momonga was so awesome. This show has become my favorite this season. Can't wait to see him going against a whole country or something. I also have to wonder what kind of politics he will play. Will he supports a certain nation? Will he just try to take on everyone? What is he thinking?
Btw, why exactly have he changed his name? It seems the new name he uses is some known name from the game because he seems to be using it as something other players from that game can identify. I guess is a name of the basic lore of the game he was in? Or maybe the name of the final boss of that game or something?

Flawfinder said:
XMahesvaraX said:

His OPness is not a level of nonsense. Actually it's just logical. He is a last level player in a low level(avarage 30 i guess) area. What did you expect? Would struggling againts that weaklings will be more realistic?

It'd be a lot more exciting to watch. I mean if we know the guy isn't going to die or even lose, then where's the tension? And if he's so OP, why is the writer making him waste time with these low-level snorefests?

His the fucking protagonist. Even if he was some weakling ass nobody you will still know he will somehow manage. Stop being stupid.
AGAIN! The Fucking anime is called OVERLORD!! and shows you a guy that looks like the final boss of a major RPG. so this is obviously the story of someone like a final boss type of character. You should have known that shit just by seeing the damn opening of the anime.
WTF are you people surprised now? How ridiculous are you expecting something else? If after all that the guy was struggling to win then that would have been the real disappointment.

People complaining about him being too strong are idiots. The fucking anime is called OVERLORD! and his appearance is that of some scary lord of the underworld and has all those worshiping him etc. And he doesn't even have the appearance of someone that should be fighting hard and running around trying to win.

If this guy wasn't strong like that then it would have been stupid. What kind of Overlord scary underworld master would he be if he wasn't OP as hell?

Just by seeing him i knew that this is how this guy is suppose to be or else the story will make no sense.
This not some fighting shounen with your usual idiotic growing protagonist. Stop being such faggots that always expect this clishe "growing" characters.

juicykitten95 said:
Darklight0303 said:

but what development can we get with MC like that,he will take over the world with ease but then what ?

I fucking knew it. There we go with the fucking "OMG but what character development can we get like that?" bullshit. For fucks sake. A good story doesn't necessary need that shit. Have you never saw a show with characters that don't need to power up as they go?

Also this guy seems to be getting development just not about power but about how he faces his current physical changes and world around him as a person.
MonadJul 29, 2015 2:47 AM
Jul 29, 2015 2:39 AM
Dec 2013
Pretty Awesome ep. Can't wait to see a real challenge for them.
Jul 29, 2015 2:47 AM

Apr 2008
Monad said:
People complaining about him being too strong are idiots. The fucking anime is called OVERLORD! and his appearance is that of some scary lord of the underworld and has all those worshiping him etc. And he doesn't even have the appearance of someone that should be fighting hard and running around trying to win.

If this guy wasn't strong like that then it would have been stupid. What kind of Overlord scary underworld master would he be if he wasn't OP as hell?

Just by seeing him i knew that this is how this guy is suppose to be or else the story will make no sense.
This not some fighting shounen with your usual idiotic growing protagonist. Stop being such faggots that always expect this clishe "growing" characters.

juicykitten95 said:

but what development can we get with MC like that,he will take over the world with ease but then what ?

I fucking knew it. There we go with the fucking "OMG but what character development can we get like that?" bullshit. For fucks sake. A good story doesn't necessary need that shit. Have you never saw a show with characters that don't need to power up as they go?

Also this guy seems to be getting development just not about power but about how he faces his current physical changes and world around him as a person.

You and me have rarely seen eye to eye on this site but I am glad to see you get the point of this series!
Jul 29, 2015 2:49 AM
Aug 2012
Monad said:

Also this OP characters can get development in their own way. For Overlord, it's currently getting to know the situation and the world around him along with their effect on his own and making future plans.

But kids these days think "Become strong" =/= "Development" Not to mention, power battle aren't the only way to give someone a challenge.

Jul 29, 2015 2:57 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Monad said:

Exactly this. This is really why I prefer Overlord over, let's say Mahouka, in the MC department. Each series has its strength and weakness and in Overlord, it's the novelty of the MC's worldview as someone that holds ultimate godlike power but lost most of his human morals. In Mahouka, it was the pseudo-technicality of modern magic. The MC in Mahouka for instance is a complete bore. On the other hand, Overlord doesn't have as complicated and intricate magic system as Mahouka.

You can pretty much say this about any interesting and good series. The series that are truly mediocre are series that do not stand out in any department. Finally, there are types of series that are opposite where each of its department eventually sum up to a balanced series (sum greater than parts).

Why do the reader read this story? What are they looking for in a story? Why is it interesting and what are the elements that draw them to the story? Why do they keep reading it? If you can't answer these questions yourself as a consumer about the series you personally like or dislike then you would not be able to understand why people have different tastes.
wakka9caJul 29, 2015 3:04 AM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 29, 2015 3:16 AM

Jun 2008
wakka9ca said:
Monad said:

Exactly this. This is really why I prefer Overlord over, let's say Mahouka, in the MC department.

Comparing this guy to the Mahouka guy is ridiculous and the guy who did it lucks any understanding of wtf his watching. Complete apple and oranges situation. People that can't see the difference are better off doing something else than watching anime.
The Mahouka guy is fucking ridiculous not just because of his power level alone but about the way his show handles everything. From his looks to how he is presented to how he behaves and the others behave to him and how he responds etc. Combining that with his power makes him ridiculous.
Ridiculous characters aren't just about power level. You will be better of comparing this guy to Alucard or something instead.

wakka9ca said:
Monad said:

Exactly this. This is really why I prefer Overlord over, let's say Mahouka, in the MC department. Each series has its strength and weakness and in Overlord, it's the novelty of the MC's worldview as someone that holds ultimate godlike power but lost most of his human morals. In Mahouka, it was the pseudo-technicality of modern magic. The MC in Mahouka for instance is a complete bore. On the other hand, Overlord doesn't have as complicated and intricate magic system as Mahouka.

You can pretty much say this about any interesting and good series. The series that are truly mediocre are series that do not stand out in any department. Finally, there are types of series that are opposite where each of its department eventually sum up to a balanced series (sum greater than parts).

Why do the reader read this story? What are they looking for in a story? Why is it interesting and what are the elements that draw them to the story? Why do they keep reading it? If you can't answer these questions yourself as a consumer about the series you personally like or dislike then you would not be able to understand why people have different tastes.

That is what i dislike when the critic is just about a guy being strong instead of actually criticizing bad elements.
Someone being strong is not a bad element by itself.The "omg main is too OP nerf him" is a reaction i find ridiculous.
To this people not want to watch a variety of stories? To they just want to watch the same shit again and again and again where main guy fights hard barely wins gets power up then fights stronger opponent hard then barely wins then gets power up for next enemy then loses and then gets another power up and goes back and win etc?
Should we always be stuck in the Dragonball recipe?
When you see a hero like that that gets one power up after another and ends up going against some final Demon lord boss in the end do you never wonder what would it be like if we got the story of that final boss dude and he had some character instead of just being cartoonist evil?
Wouldn't it be nice if stories like that also existed? Because variety is what good isn't it? Having all different types of stories is good.
Then you get a different story and complain about the guy not starting weak and "character development"? WTF!!
Learn to appreciate things other than the same damn thing over and over people.
MonadJul 29, 2015 3:35 AM
Jul 29, 2015 3:25 AM
Aug 2012
Monad said:
wakka9ca said:

Exactly this. This is really why I prefer Overlord over, let's say Mahouka, in the MC department.

Comparing this guy to the Mahouka guy is ridiculous and the guy who did it lucks any understanding of wtf his watching. Complete apple and oranges situation. People that can't see the difference are better off doing something else than watching anime.
The Mahouka guy is fucking ridiculous not just because of his power level alone but about the way his show handles everything. From his looks to how he is presented to how he behaves and the others behave to him and how he responds etc. Combining that with his power makes him ridiculous.
Ridiculous characters aren't just about power level. You will be better of comparing this guy to Alucard or something instead.

These are 2 different worlds and each makes sense in their own universe. For that very same reason comparing them based on powerlevel isn't going to work and liking them or not vary from person to person aka subjective. Goku is OP too. The only people who compares them are the people going on with "Hurr Hurr OP MC is bad cuz i don't like him" whining,

Jul 29, 2015 3:27 AM

Feb 2013
1. there are not soo many animes with overpowered mcs, so it is very enjoyable
+ the mc is clever, wants to gather information i really like it

and smn said hopefully it gets like log horizon.... please DONT, log horizon had like 1 o f the worst pacings, i mean it needed so many eps to handle 1 raid and it explained too many mmo things over and over again ^^
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jul 29, 2015 3:29 AM

May 2014
The last couple episodes have officially made this the 2nd best show of the season right under Gangsta. I need to start reading the LN now.
Jul 29, 2015 3:40 AM

Jan 2013
As I wrote in an other thread, it is a shame this show came out after two seasons of SAO and two seasons of Log Horizon (and perhaps NGNL, if applicable). Now pretty much everyone who can read the synopsis involving cursed words of "online game" will literally go berserk and scream "it's another SAO" (because one remembers .hack these days). After so much hype (deserved or undeserved, it doesn't matter) and nearly two years worth of arguments, it can't be helped.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jul 29, 2015 3:42 AM

Apr 2008
This isn't a story about him climbing up the ladder to being the overlord. He ALREADY is the Overlord. It's a story about him learning about the world and the effect he will have on this world. Right now it's as if introducing a whole new Apex predator into an already existing foodchain.
rodacJul 29, 2015 4:45 PM
Jul 29, 2015 3:52 AM

Jul 2012
As the others said, "OP MCs = no character development/excitement" is one huge, HUGE fallacy. It's how the author handles the character and the story that makes or breaks it.

Go read One Punch Man. He's the mother of all OP characters. He can end most fights w/ just one single punch. He always wins his battles cuz that's the way his character and the story is set up. But is it boring? Hell no! Is there no character development? You can bet your shiny ass there's loads of it. Not only for the MC but for all the side characters and villains as well. It's VERY well written. And, in the end, that' what actually matters.

Overlord's setting more than justifies Ainz' OPness. As the others said, he's the final boss character. But instead of waiting until the heroes grind to max level and get all the legendary equipment so they can bitchslap him after they power up with the help of a little deus ex machina, he moves his shiny skeletal ass and decides to be more proactive. It's how he goes about interacting with the world and how the world reacts to his presence that is the main draw of the series. That's the point. And if you just don't get that, then it' probably not your cup of tea. That's all there is to it really.

Just because you don't like a series doesn't automatically mean it's bad. That doesn't go for just this or Mahouka. People have different tastes man. That's a fact of life. Deal with it. Surströmming smells like hell but some people like the stuff right? Now can we just agree to disagree and get on with our respective anime watching lives?
Jul 29, 2015 3:59 AM

Jul 2014
But the difference between One Punch Man and Overlord is mostly how they overall manga/light novel is presented. OPM doesn't take itself seriously at all compared to Overlord.
"Hi!"
Jul 29, 2015 4:00 AM

Apr 2008
YEEART said:
But the difference between One Punch Man and Overlord is mostly how they overall manga/light novel is presented. OPM doesn't take itself seriously at all compared to Overlord.

Virtuous king of the Forest.
Jul 29, 2015 4:08 AM

Jan 2011
Why is he surprised about stuff from the game appearing inside the game?
Jul 29, 2015 4:09 AM

Jul 2012
YEEART said:

There's sporadic comedic moments in Overlord too. And OP Man can be deep and serious when it wants to. Read the fight with Garou. That was one interesting arc. And Saitama's words of wisdom/schooling was a joy to read.
Jul 29, 2015 4:11 AM

Jul 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
Why is he surprised about stuff from the game appearing inside the game?

He's not inside YGGDRASSIL. It's an entirely different and unfamiliar world. He's puzzled about how they got spells/items from the game when it's clearly a different world.
Jul 29, 2015 4:13 AM
Jul 2015
Monad said:
Btw, why exactly have he changed his name? It seems the new name he uses is some known name from the game because he seems to be using it as something other players from that game can identify. I guess is a name of the basic lore of the game he was in? Or maybe the name of the final boss of that game or something?

Not sure if it was made clear in the anime (ln reader here):
Ainz Oal Gown is the name of his guild.

His initial intention after he figured out that the tomb of nazarick was transported into another world was to test his strength.
But when fighting the soldiers he already made his mind up on his new goal as he presents himself as Ainz Oal Gown and tells them they should spread his name hoping that one the guild members might be out there and recognize the name.

Because of this he destroys the banner with his old name in episode 4 and tells them to bring glory to the name Ainz Oal Gown.

1. The tomb of nazarick was transported into a new world while the npcs gained a personality according to their settings and are absolutely loyal

2. The protagonist got transformed not only physically but also mentally into his game avatar (basically loosing most of his humanity)
    The npcs recognize him as the supreme being that stayed with them till the end

3. There are 3 factions: kingdom (knights), empire and slane theocracy (summoners with angels) who try to fuel a conflict between empire and kingdom by attacking the village.

4. The protagonist is in this new world pretty much unrivaled in terms of strength (the knight was the strongest of the kingdom and the attack the angel used later on in ep4 was supposed to be the highest level of magic)

His goal is now to gain reputation in the new world in order to find his past comrades (usually referred to as the supreme beings).
The key scene of the episode though is after the ED where demiurge depicts world conquest in front of the servants as the true goal without Ainz knowing.

Aaannnd let the misunderstanding begin!

MoistusApparatusJul 29, 2015 5:30 AM
Jul 29, 2015 4:24 AM
Oct 2011
swordstriker21 said:
As the others said, "OP MCs = no character development/excitement" is one huge, HUGE fallacy. It's how the author handles the character and the story that makes or breaks it.

Go read One Punch Man. He's the mother of all OP characters. He can end most fights w/ just one single punch. He always wins his battles cuz that's the way his character and the story is set up. But is it boring? Hell no! Is there no character development? You can bet your shiny ass there's loads of it. Not only for the MC but for all the side characters and villains as well. It's VERY well written. And, in the end, that' what actually matters.

Overlord's setting more than justifies Ainz' OPness. As the others said, he's the final boss character. But instead of waiting until the heroes grind to max level and get all the legendary equipment so they can bitchslap him after they power up with the help of a little deus ex machina, he moves his shiny skeletal ass and decides to be more proactive. It's how he goes about interacting with the world and how the world reacts to his presence that is the main draw of the series. That's the point. And if you just don't get that, then it' probably not your cup of tea. That's all there is to it really.
Thats right he's always advancing and mentions numerous times that if they stop than thats it. No matter how strong they are at the moment it wont matter in the end since others will simply catch up to them. Might take 100 years or 1000 or even more but eventually if they stop learning and growing they will meet their demise. Thats why he tries everything he can to advance Nazarick be it new potion brewing techniques, using the new worlds currency and etc.

Monad said:
Great! Momonga was so awesome. This show has become my favorite this season. Can't wait to see him going against a whole country or something. I also have to wonder what kind of politics he will play. Will he supports a certain nation? Will he just try to take on everyone? What is he thinking?

Jul 29, 2015 4:38 AM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
YEEART said:

That why I have a feeling the next 4 episodes are going to be pretty lame. I did not enjoy the 2nd volume at all.
"Hi!"
Jul 29, 2015 4:40 AM

Apr 2008
YEEART said:
Darklight0303 said:

That why I have a feeling the next 4 episodes are going to be pretty lame. I did not enjoy the 2nd volume at all.

You are likely in the minority then

A little sad that they had to censore Albedo's furious rant when they caused that little bit of pain to Ainz. But alas that would have probably bumped up the age rating a bit.
Jul 29, 2015 4:50 AM

Oct 2011
good start, I hope this show doesn't become another Boring Horizon.
Jul 29, 2015 4:55 AM

Apr 2015
swordstriker21 said:

Just because you don't like a series doesn't automatically mean it's bad. That doesn't go for just this or Mahouka. People have different tastes man. That's a fact of life. Deal with it.

I am not sure if this Is directly addressing me or not, but I don't recall disclaiming the entire series and saying anyone who likes it Is a numbskull. Nice motivational speech, though.

Monad said:
To they just want to watch the same shit again and again and again where main guy fights hard barely wins gets power up then fights stronger opponent hard then barely wins then gets power up for next enemy then loses and then gets another power up and goes back and win etc?
Should we always be stuck in the Dragonball recipe?

Then you get a different story and complain about the guy not starting weak and "character development"? WTF!!
Learn to appreciate things other than the same damn thing over and over people.

Claiming "we" or "I" find one thing boring because it doesn't follow the Dragonball formular seems like a defense one would use because you can't possibly fathom that we / I might find what I've been shown thus far to be "Not very fun."

News flashs. The motivational speech guy has it; Different tastes.
TylaenJul 29, 2015 4:59 AM
Jul 29, 2015 6:05 AM

Mar 2009
All this "op talk".
To me it doesn't really make any difference if the MC is op from the start or not. In the end the MC will, 95% of the time, not lose. Whether he has to spend an episode training, win with the power of friendship, or is op from the start is a preference.
I for one would prefer the "op from the start" version if it isn't completely ridiculous in the setting of the anime.

People who don't want to watch ridiculously op characters should drop this now. The anime adaption with 4 episodes a volume will be too short to cram any world building or side stories inside. You will likely be disappointed with this adaption if that's what you're looking for.
Jul 29, 2015 6:41 AM

Feb 2013
Love this series so far
Ains is soo OP and i really love it!!it change the pace to me and for those who hate OP MC, just drop it cuz seriously he a dmmorpg player that had spent most of time and money to yggdrasil that he became guild leader that is so powerful that no player Ever battle him, so if it not your liking just go to other anime, there a lot more weak became stronger anime MC and its just too cliche to me....I love how overpower Ains is or is it because i am S?anyhow love every episode in this series and each got 5/5 from me^^
Jul 29, 2015 7:33 AM
Apr 2015
Lol Madhouse and OP MCs. First Blank and Onii-sama now Momonga ( or Ains ?).
Saitama is coming next season too!
They should do these wish fulfillment LN adaptations once every year.
Jul 29, 2015 7:59 AM

Dec 2014
i just love the op'd ness. i dont know how it will work but it is freaking awesome to watch this kid just murder anyone in his path. i could watch shit like that forever for some reason. I feel like the series is going to be more about him finding out where he is and not necessarily the enemies he will fight.
Jul 29, 2015 8:53 AM

Oct 2013
Mod note: quote of possible spoilers removed.

Not that I disagree with all you said but the guy did say he had to wake up at 4am to go to work in the very first episode. I don't see how saying [that] is a spoiler since it was clearly mentioned that to be a member of AOG, you had to be a functioning member of society.

I agree with you about the other stuff though.
rodacJul 29, 2015 4:26 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

370 by HayiaSarah »»
Jun 13, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2015

240 by MrList »»
Jun 13, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

241 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

433 by BlackSummoner826 »»
May 30, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2015

283 by RayousSR »»
Apr 23, 12:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.