Forum Settings
Forums

Why do some people only listen to Japanese music or anime music?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 13, 2018 11:04 PM

Mar 2012
Botan-Chan45 said:
Shimapan-chan said:
Weeaboo scum

I used to know a girl that tried to only listen to Japanese music, it was ridiculous. I could send her a song that sounded a lot like what she showed me but if it came from anywhere but Japan it was shit.

But also Japan is one of those countries that has a really distinct sound to it's music. Since Japan gets so much dickriding already the different style/sound of the music from there becomes popular too, especially within the weeb and self-proclaimed otaku scene.
Listen to drake b. Best rapper since MWA and Tupac.

Best rapper is МС ОЧКО

https://archive.org/details/IBR_228
Mar 13, 2018 11:07 PM

Dec 2017
Shimapan-chan said:
Botan-Chan45 said:
Listen to drake b. Best rapper since MWA and Tupac.

Best rapper is МС ОЧКО

Ch! The best rapper is none other than minecraft parody kid.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Mar 13, 2018 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Botan-Chan45 said:
Shimapan-chan said:

Best rapper is МС ОЧКО

I wasn't joking btw (I was a bit because my favorite rapper is actually Horse Head), but I legitimately enjoy МС ОЧКО's stuff quite a bit
Mar 13, 2018 11:10 PM

Dec 2017
Shimapan-chan said:
Botan-Chan45 said:

I wasn't joking btw (I was a bit because my favorite rapper is actually Horse Head), but I legitimately enjoy МС ОЧКО's stuff quite a bit
My Friend likes Gucci Gang remixes and Gods Plan.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Mar 13, 2018 11:12 PM

Mar 2012
Botan-Chan45 said:
Shimapan-chan said:

My Friend likes Gucci Gang remixes and Gods Plan.

God's Plan is the only Drake song I've heard but its lit af
Mar 14, 2018 1:00 AM

Aug 2017
I guess that is just their preference they only like that to listen to Japanese music.

As for me I listen to anything as long as it's good be it Kpop, Jpop or Pop that's why I don't hate on any of them or call people weebs for like something it's really getting old :/
Mar 14, 2018 1:39 AM

Jan 2018
Listening to japanese anime song makes me feel calm. Listening to Western music makes me feel horny, so I would listen to older English song only I guess. Spare me from the shitty rap remixes. All in all, I may only listen to music for like one to two hour max on a particular day.
Mar 14, 2018 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
Chiibi said:
*It's more pleasing to my ear and I can normally understand it.
*Japanese singers tend to sing better than other singers. Or their voices are nicer....or something idk.
*When I compare this music to other stuff on the radio, all that other stuff sounds like shit. XD
* Music in America JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE. We've got all this AUTO-TUNING and vulgar rap and shitty remixes of songs that were originally good and NO CREATIVITY ANYMORE. I mean, take a drink every time you hear a song that goes "PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" =_= you will die within an hour.

It really f*cking sucks. I may find two songs I like per year.

The 80s was the best time for music and there will never be an era like that again. ;____;

Responses like this clearly tells me that most people are too lazy to actually dig for music that they'll like, but it doesn't really matter, I can't expect everyone to go asking around and searching music sites looking for modern releases that they'll enjoy. Oh also btw, the 60s and 70s were better than the 80s when it came down to music (well Deceit by This Heat came out in the 80s so... yea you got me there but still I rest my case.)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Mar 14, 2018 6:14 PM

Nov 2008
WiseOne said:

Responses like this clearly tells me that most people are too lazy to actually dig for music that they'll like

You're right about that. XD But if I found a genre I like this much, why bother looking for a different one? I don't really care about "broadening my horizon". If I hear a song I like, I'll look for it but I won't spend hours randomly searching for songs I've never heard.

Oh also btw, the 60s and 70s were better than the 80s when it came down to music

With the exception of Queen, YUCK. NO. I *hate* 60s style; it could put me to sleep. >_> Electric guitar is where it's at!!
ChiibiMar 14, 2018 6:18 PM

Mar 14, 2018 10:58 PM

Apr 2013
Chiibi said:
WiseOne said:

Responses like this clearly tells me that most people are too lazy to actually dig for music that they'll like

You're right about that. XD But if I found a genre I like this much, why bother looking for a different one? I don't really care about "broadening my horizon". If I hear a song I like, I'll look for it but I won't spend hours randomly searching for songs I've never heard.

Oh also btw, the 60s and 70s were better than the 80s when it came down to music

With the exception of Queen, YUCK. NO. I *hate* 60s style; it could put me to sleep. >_> Electric guitar is where it's at!!

If you think the 60s was just Queen, I don't even know what to say man, well whatev, goes to show you haven't even looked too much at the music that came out from that time period *cough cough* A Love Supreme, In The Court Of The Crimson King, The Doors, Scott 4, The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, Karma, The Stooges, Are You Experienced, In a Silent Way, Hot Rats, The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, Out to Lunch, Trout Mask Replica, Happy Sad *cough cough*

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Mar 15, 2018 2:58 AM

Jun 2016
Have you heard Kyo's voice lately? That's why.

Also fangirls.

That said I listen to music from everywhere, but 80's visual kei is kind of my forte.
Mar 15, 2018 7:39 AM

Feb 2018
Weeaboo's.

nuff said
Mar 15, 2018 10:38 AM
Feb 2018
I listen to Japanese music because I love sounds of piano and guitar and in the anime
there are a lot of these instruments.
Mar 15, 2018 11:00 AM

Aug 2016
I like a bit of everything, but I do find Japanese music to be hella catchy while listening to anime OST's make me feel nostalgic

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Mar 15, 2018 1:09 PM

Mar 2016
When I was 12 I only ever listened to anime, vocaloid, or meme music that I got introduced to through the furry animation community (things like caramelldansen mostly). Ironically I had only seen a handful of anime at that point, basically whatever played on the Funimation channel after school, so I didn't actually know where most of the anime music was coming from. I think the only non-anime j-pop I ever got into was Morning Musume.

I held the dumb idea that Japan & its music/TV/media were superior and anything from america was trash. I guess the fact that it was foreign and new was just really appealing. I could have a sense of superiority for knowing about this cool thing that no one else did. And a lot of people around me were always saying things like "pop music these days is terrible", so it was like... well, definitely can't get into that stuff, so let's try this weird obscure stuff that only my filipino friend knows about.

Those were dark days.

artist | doofus | joiner (but not finisher) of challenges
Mar 16, 2018 10:05 AM

Oct 2015
I used to have a bunch of english music and native music in my playlist but it kinda kills off the mood at times since j songs are faster than the ones mentioned above so I said fuck it, why not just delete the others so I did.

I occasionally listen to random songs when I'm in the mood but I'm at the stage where I don't like the newer songs and tend to stick to the older ones because they sound better in general. I still hate pop, be it kpop, jpop or american pop lol

and animusic > jpop in general (yes they're different)
Mar 16, 2018 10:40 AM

Dec 2013
I only listen to Japanese/anime music. Going out of my find to find music from other countries seems bothersome, especially now that I live in Japan anyway. I've never particularly been into music, so it's just a matter of convenience. The closest I've gotten to Western music is occasionally listening to classical pieces.
Mar 19, 2018 12:33 PM

Nov 2008
WiseOne said:
goes to show you haven't even looked too much at the music that came out from that time period

Yes, because. I. don't. like. it. It's easy to get sick of when both old people around you do nothing but listen to it or talk about it. =_= My parents are Beatles fanatics.

Mar 19, 2018 1:06 PM

Jun 2014
Chiibi said:
WiseOne said:
goes to show you haven't even looked too much at the music that came out from that time period

Yes, because. I. don't. like. it. It's easy to get sick of when both old people around you do nothing but listen to it or talk about it. =_= My parents are Beatles fanatics.

Uh oh, I'm a Beatles fanatic too.

Does this mean I don't turn you on anymore? :P

Mar 19, 2018 2:39 PM
Feb 2014
Why do some people exclusively ignore Japanese music or anime music just because someone on the Internet says its "weebshit?" Are they that insecure or something?
Mar 22, 2018 3:58 AM

Jan 2016
I listen to everything but when it comes to the technical aspect of music, Japanese music is superior. Even your basic popular Japanese stuff has some complicated music theory. Love it!

But honestly for me it's all about how a song makes me feel. I mean I listen to mumble rap too lol guilty pleasure
Apr 20, 2018 1:56 PM

Feb 2017
Scrom said:
If all your doing is only listening to Japanese music and nothing else, its called being a weeaboo. (Unless your a Japanese person who lives in japan)
Not necessarily. What if someone just isn’t a fan of western music? It doesn’t mean they’re a weeaboo. It doesn’t mean they’re disrespecting Japanese culture, it just means they’re only enjoying Japanese music at this stage
Apr 20, 2018 2:13 PM

Nov 2011
i just prefer Japanese songs, and mostly idolm@ster.
not a fan of the contemporary mainstream american music.
for english songs, i prefer classics, such as Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World (1967) and Frank Sinatra's Fly Me To The Moon (1964).
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 20, 2018 10:32 PM

Jan 2015
It's probably due to their inability to form interests outside of Japanese culture, and thus they can't find any meaning in things not related to such.

Bit shallow, really.
May 4, 2018 9:27 AM
Feb 2016
There are a lot of good Japanese artists out there that I have been listening to that aren't terribly related to anime, so I get why people like Japanese music. But I find that limiting oneself to solely Anime music (at least from the perspective of a music enthusiast) bothers the hell out of me.

May 4, 2018 9:52 AM

Jan 2018
Hello, i am one of the few people who litsens to J-Pop, but not quite of othen. Before i got my internet, i used to litsen to the American and English musics and they we're really amazing and they had some amazing and catchy until, my favorite western singers include Lady Gaga, 50 Cent and Justim Timberlake.

Now that i got computer, i can litsen to the Asian music, i choose K-Pop over J-Pop because their songs are really much westernized than J-pop. Other problems is that when you find J-Pop mvs on Youtube, they are almost short version and the full version is almost impossible to find them. Besdies, J-Pop also relies mostly to psychical sales rather than focus on digital music, so few handful of J-Pop embraced Digital era at the time.

And when i am usually into Japanese music, i'd rather litsen to J-Rock because their style of Rocks in Japan more much westernized and they upload full MV a lot than those J-Pop songs. My favorite J-Rock are that of an Man with a Mission, Coldrain and OK One Rock, they are both J-Rock artists and they can sing in English fluently more than those J-Pop artists.

I do litsen to the anime/video games intro sequences as well, i and did litsened to the Hikaru Utada's song from Kingdom Hearts on PS2, her songs we're really impressive at the time. And Utada contiunes to sing her song again on the KHIII, which is the final game of the Kingdom Hearts franchise for good.

I did litsened to the anime intros through Animax we had on TV channel (which was at Romanian import at the time).

For J-Music, they can change their styles and futuristic era, they are still stuck in a time wrap a lot, and their MV are in poor quality, which means, Japan are more love in 90s era looking way.

(sorry for my poor English)
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7779 by Alex111222 »»
1 hour ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3506 by enigmasauce »»
5 hours ago

» What was the last TV show episode (non anime) have you watched?

Vargnatt - Mar 23

47 by Nette »»
6 hours ago

» Favorite films? ( 1 2 3 4 )

naptakermango - Mar 8, 2021

172 by GCRyan »»
8 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4843 by GCRyan »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.