Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2015 2:20 PM

Dec 2012
Cakedog said:

I love it when people dig their own graves.

- Implying there's something strange/wrong with being female.
- Implying liking a few decent titles somehow redeems people from their overall questionable interests.

Not sure who you're trying to convince. Like what you want, even if it's sht.

Just live with the fact that other people have different opinions.
Has worked out for most people.
No, it's just laughable and unsurprising that a woman isn't even trying to consider why moe can be appealing without being sexual and targeted towards evil pedophile rapists. It's the same as when men write off Free! as being gay, that's all. It literally does not surprise me.

You clearly went to my profile to pull some try-hard attempt at berating me, so I was showing you that my favorite anime is comprised of diverse and unbound choices. It's also funny how you don't even know why I chose Wake Up Girls as my profile theme, but no surprise you'll just pretend to and impose it as fact. I'm going to be as civil and kind as possible when I type this, but most of what you post is usually full of donkey shit and that hypocritical "like shit all you want, but it's subjective lulz" is a nice point maker.
Mar 8, 2015 2:21 PM

Aug 2014
I would rather watch an anime about interesting stuff. like murder. I guess what I am saying is that I can watch real people play sport or play it myself. I can't watch people being murdered or awesome supernatural battles IRL unfortunately

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Aug 2010
black1blade said:
I don't like sports so I don't like sports anime. There are so many more interesting things than sport.
i never watch swimming, volleyball, etc. but that doesn't stop me from liking anime about them
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
By the way, I hate basketball but Kuroko no Basuke made it interesting.

That's because they're not playing Basketball.

Jun 2014
black1blade said:
Working_Designs said:

Hey, I'm trying to speak positively about something for a change. Do you want me to go back to hating on stuff again?

Just saying, some people may say all those shows/movies are shit. Every time you hate on something you are hating on something other people love. Not saying to stop bad mouthing stuff (although you should probably give new anime a chance) but just that you should think about the repercussions of your words. Or just say stuff is complete shit (like SAO) and have fun doing it

I'm watching a new Anime right now. It's called Futari wa Precure.

I don't know why people seem to think I don't watch new Anime. I generally prefer old school Anime, but I still watch some newer stuff.

Mar 8, 2015 2:22 PM

Aug 2014
Mikotoba said:
black1blade said:
I don't like sports so I don't like sports anime. There are so many more interesting things than sport.
i never watch swimming, volleyball, etc. but that doesn't stop me from liking anime about them

It's more of a personal thing I suppose

Dec 2012
silverwalls said:
kyoani is awesome, the haters just don't understand

^

Jul 2012
Okashi_sama said:
mayukachan said:
By the way, I hate basketball but Kuroko no Basuke made it interesting.

No matter how unrealistic you think it is, it's still basketball.

black1blade said:
Mikotoba said:

Won't know till you try it ;)
Mar 8, 2015 2:23 PM
Aug 2010
black1blade said:
Mikotoba said:

Yeah, from your earlier explanation, I understand that
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Mar 8, 2015 2:23 PM
Mar 2011
Working_Designs said:
black1blade said:

Just saying, some people may say all those shows/movies are shit. Every time you hate on something you are hating on something other people love. Not saying to stop bad mouthing stuff (although you should probably give new anime a chance) but just that you should think about the repercussions of your words. Or just say stuff is complete shit (like SAO) and have fun doing it

I'm watching a new Anime right now. It's called Futari wa Precure.

I don't know why people seem to think I don't watch new Anime. I generally prefer old school Anime, but I still watch some newer stuff.

i get the same ides abount me
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 8, 2015 2:24 PM

Jul 2012
2004-2005
is that considered new? :|

Oct 2014
Working_Designs said:
Hulohot said:
Cause they are not Gainax, hence, they deserve to be hated.

To be fair, Gainax hasn't really done anything good either.

TTGL m8
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 2014
mayukachan said:
Okashi_sama said:

Realism aside, that's still not Basketball.
OkashiMar 8, 2015 2:39 PM
Mar 8, 2015 2:25 PM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:
2004-2005

Yes.

Mar 8, 2015 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
Ratohnhaketon said:
Cakedog said:

I love it when people dig their own graves.

- Implying there's something strange/wrong with being female.
- Implying liking a few decent titles somehow redeems people from their overall questionable interests.

Not sure who you're trying to convince. Like what you want, even if it's sht.

Just live with the fact that other people have different opinions.
Has worked out for most people.
No, it's just laughable and unsurprising that a woman isn't even trying to consider why moe can be appealing without being sexual and targeted towards evil pedophile rapists. It's the same as when men write off Free! as being gay, that's all. It literally does not surprise me.

You clearly went to my profile to pull some try-hard attempt at berating me, so I was showing you that my favorite anime is comprised of diverse and unbound choices. It's also funny how you don't even know why I chose Wake Up Girls as my profile theme, but no surprise you'll just pretend to and impose it as fact. I'm going to be as civil and kind as possible when I type this, but most of what you post is usually full of donkey shit and that hypocritical "like shit all you want, but it's subjective lulz" is a nice point maker.

There are both men and women who agree that moe is an element of anime to stray away from because of the lack of quality in most of the titles.
It isn't "typical of women", ok.

And no, I said the "bad" portions of KyoAni's products (moe) appeals to a certain demographic of people.
Everything about your profile indicates that you're into that kind of thing.
Why else would you use such images?

No one here said people who are into "moe sht" are pedophiles/rapists, where did that come from?
removed-userMar 8, 2015 2:35 PM

Jun 2014
Milky_way1886 said:
Working_Designs said:

To be fair, Gainax hasn't really done anything good either.

TTGL m8

Sorry, I'm not watching TTGL. There's no way I could take it seriously with the ugly Yoko girl.

Jul 2012
New would be more like...Something that's airing or in the past two years.

Not implying 2004 is "old" though. It's neither.
Mar 2011
Okashi_sama said:
mayukachan said:

Realism aside, that's not still not Basketball.

you you wnat bakeset ball watch Slam Dunk
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Mar 8, 2015 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
Okashi_sama said:

black1blade said:

Won't know till you try it ;)

Bakemonogatari had basket ball, haruhi had baseball, death note had tennis ect. Nice in the context of the shows but otherwise quite boring.

Mar 8, 2015 2:29 PM

Jul 2012
black1blade said:
Bakemonogatari had basket ball, haruhi had baseball, death note had tennis ect. Nice in the context of the shows but otherwise quite boring.

Sports anime are definitely more interesting than those three shows if we're comparing the sports scenes.
Mar 8, 2015 2:30 PM
Mar 2011
mayukachan said:

anime as anime and not douga has been abourd as long rock and roll music so imo to be called over a anime has to be 20 years at lest older than me

Mar 8, 2015 2:32 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
black1blade said:

Sports anime are definitely more interesting than those three shows if we're comparing the sports scenes.

Yeah probably but I'm not going to go out of my way to watch one.

Mar 8, 2015 2:34 PM

Oct 2014
Working_Designs said:
Milky_way1886 said:

TTGL m8

Sorry, I'm not watching TTGL. There's no way I could take it seriously with the ugly Yoko girl.

You think yoko is ugly? :(. But that's so mean
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:

The newest Precure Anime is "Go! Princess Precure," but I have to watch the rest of the Precure series first, which is going to take a while(Every Precure added together is over 500 episodes.)

Jul 2012
Can we not turn this into a "my waifu is prettier than your waifu" argument again?

Pls.
Mar 8, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
Can we not turn this into a "my waifu is prettier than your waifu" argument again?

Pls.

But C.C is best girl :p

Mar 8, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2012
Working_Designs said:
mayukachan said:

The newest Precure Anime is "Go! Princess Precure," but I have to watch the rest of the Precure series first, which is going to take a while(Every Precure added together is over 500 episodes.)

Good luck with that. As for me, I might check out one of the ice skating Precures to finish a challenge for my 2015 anime challenge. One day I'll rewatch the first precure. :P
Mar 8, 2015 2:37 PM

Dec 2012
KnB > Slam Dunk
Mar 8, 2015 2:38 PM

Aug 2014
Working_Designs said:
mayukachan said:
2004-2005

Yes.

Pretty funny how we share a grande total of 2 anime XD

Mar 8, 2015 2:42 PM

Dec 2012
Cakedog said:
There are both men and women who agree that moe is an element of anime to stray away from because of the lack of quality in most of the titles.
It isn't "typical of women", ok.

And no, I said the shtty portions by KyoAni's products (moe) appeals to a certain demographic of people.
Everything about your profile indicates that you're into said sht.
Why else would you use such images?

No one here said people who are into "moe sht" are pedophiles/rapists, where did that come from?
No, it's not "typical of women", but it's also unsurprising that you can't empathize with men who like moe.

Yes, it's that easy. You can label everyone who likes something as enjoying it for the one universal reason you've chosen. Regardless as to why you think moe exists, I like it for my own reasons. The other people who take interest in it are completely irrelevant to me. I don't mix with the Love Live yuri shippers or the iM@S waifu wars. I find the "moe style" to be a refreshing art style that works well with lighthearted and easy going anime.

You're clearly implying it. What else is lowest common denominator? Use your brain before you type, please. It's an eyesore when sheltered manchildren think the bottom of the barrel is composed of otaku and weeaboos.
Mar 8, 2015 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
Ratohnhaketon said:
Regardless as to why you think moe exists, I like it for my own reasons. The other people who take interest in it are completely irrelevant to me. I don't mix with the Love Live yuri shippers or the iM@S waifu wars. I find the "moe style" to be a refreshing art style that works well with lighthearted and easy going anime.

You're clearly implying it. What else is lowest common denominator? Use your brain before you type, please. It's an eyesore when sheltered manchildren think the bottom of the barrel is composed of otaku and weeaboos.

K. Good for you.

You must be new to the entertainment medium, hell, the internet?

Slang: "Lowest common denominator" fans of television, music, film, anime, entertainment in general refers to fans who have sht taste.
Synonyms: Droolies, Idiots
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LowestCommonDenominator
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ViewersAreMorons

"When applied to fiction, the term Lowest Common Denominator means appealing to as many people at once as possible."

It doesn't always necessarily mean they're stupid, it just means their taste is god awful.

i.e.
Justin Bieber makes our ears bleed and appeals to the lowest common denominator.
The CoD franchise for the most part is stale and appeals to the lowest common denominator.
Moe sht kills brain cells and appeals to the lowest common denominator.

Have no idea how that implied pedophile rapist weeaboo manchilds or anything related.
removed-userMar 8, 2015 2:58 PM
Mar 8, 2015 2:58 PM
Feb 2014
nice to know nidhoeggr took feminazi form
Mar 8, 2015 2:59 PM

Sep 2014
Probably the plots. But it's not their fault is it? Kyoto Animation. They should be blaming the Author(s) not the whole company. Plus, they do some of the best animation. And make up for the plot in animation.

In addition to that, the animation fits well with the actual stories.
The sun is a deadly laser
Mar 8, 2015 3:02 PM

Jun 2014
black1blade said:
Working_Designs said:

Yes.

That's nothing. I've come across members who have completed 500 Anime or more, and share no Anime with me at all.

But out of the 2 we share, one of them is "Murder Princess," which is from 2007, which proves that I have watched some newer Anime.

Mar 8, 2015 3:04 PM
Feb 2014
i only share pokemon with working designs
Mar 8, 2015 3:05 PM

Jul 2012
I have 12 shared
almost all of them are 1 episode long except for pokemon and magic kaito xD
Mar 8, 2015 3:05 PM

Aug 2014
Working_Designs said:
black1blade said:

That's nothing. I've come across members who have completed 500 Anime or more, and share no Anime with me at all.

But out of the 2 we share, one of them is "Murder Princess," which is from 2007, which proves that I have watched some newer Anime.

Bad new anime.

Mar 8, 2015 3:06 PM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:
I have 12 shared

Well, Magic Kaito is new at least.

@black1blade: Well, I thought it was decent. Even my Mom liked it.

Mar 8, 2015 3:07 PM

Jul 2012
You should watch the 2014 one! I think they'll actually finish the story unlike the OVA which was purely episodic.
Mar 8, 2015 3:08 PM
Mar 2011
i have complated the 2nd most anime in the site and i have come arccos people i sahre less that 20% of my list

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:
You should watch the 2014 one! I think they'll actually finish the story unlike the OVA which was purely episodic.

Don't you worry, I plan on watching it sometime this year.

Aug 2014
Working_Designs said:
mayukachan said:
I have 12 shared

Average I would say. Plenty of better anime with fantasy elements.

Mar 8, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
black1blade said:
Working_Designs said:

I can smell the Fate preaching in this post x)
I wonder if Working Designs will like it though!
Mar 8, 2015 3:11 PM

Oct 2012
mayukachan said:
Too violent, also Dolphin sex.

Jan 2012
1st: Free! and its sequel also upcoming OVA
2nd: Kyoukai no Kanata failed to impress everyone including hardcore KyoAni fanboys
3rd: Amagi Brilliant Park and its ecchi-ness. While most Japanese KyoAni fanboys welcomes it but most English-speaking ones remain skeptical. Yes it was nice revenge after they were treated with Free! sausage fests but most English-speaking fanboys didn't agree with recent KyoAni's direction.

By the way there's a new KyoAni IP heading for us in this spring, Hibike! Euphonium but as usual most fanboys remain skeptical even it is guaranteed it's not a Free! clones with scantily-clad girls.
---

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
black1blade said:

Maybe.... Plenty of others though, like kara no kyoukai although that has lots of very mature elements.

Mar 8, 2015 3:12 PM

Jul 2012
NK_500 said:
1st: Free! and its sequel also upcoming OVA

no explanation needed? LOLOL
Mar 8, 2015 3:12 PM

Aug 2014
Feaor said:
mayukachan said:

Violence is always a + for. Maybe that is why we don't share many anime. WD should watch higurashi, it has similar rough art style to some older anime.

Mar 8, 2015 3:13 PM

Jul 2012
Feaor said:
mayukachan said:

LOL +1
Good point.
Mar 8, 2015 3:13 PM

Jun 2014
black1blade said:
mayukachan said:

Maybe.... Plenty of others though, like kara no kyoukai although that has lots of very mature elements.

Unfortunately, I have no interest in watching the Fate series. It doesn't appeal to me at all.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is the greatest disguise ever?

SgtBateMan - Jun 12

31 by Haneken2086 »»
3 minutes ago

» Smoking in anime

JoeChip - 9 hours ago

27 by FanofAction »»
7 minutes ago

» What's a period of anime you miss and have lots of nostalgia for?

TheBlockernator - 4 hours ago

7 by KitsuFrost »»
10 minutes ago

» Modern chill anime osts like these?

Atmogenic - Yesterday

19 by Atmogenic »»
12 minutes ago

» What's your favorite anime OST?

Gashadokur0 - Jun 15

39 by DesuMaiden »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.