Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 20 21 [22]
Oct 27, 2021 12:38 PM
Dec 2018
Hi,

is Wei Wuxian (3,396 favorites) / Mo Dao Zu Shi: Wanjie Pian (803 favorites) applicable for 113? I started to watch the anime in August.

"Watch an anime in which one of the characters has at least 500 more favorites than the anime"

Thanks,
9bakeneko
Oct 30, 2021 5:13 AM

Aug 2015
Hello,

Do we take screenshots for everything? If so, how do we add them to our posts?
Oct 30, 2021 7:11 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
9bakeneko said:
Hi,

is Wei Wuxian (3,396 favorites) / Mo Dao Zu Shi: Wanjie Pian (803 favorites) applicable for 113? I started to watch the anime in August.

"Watch an anime in which one of the characters has at least 500 more favorites than the anime"

Thanks,
9bakeneko
That's valid.

Ekhan175 said:
Hello,

There are only a few items that require screenshots; namely (89) and (116). But there are several items where a screenshot is highly recommended, since the information used to validate it will likely change over time. For example, your Anime+ information for items (22) and (74). Basically, for items involving score/rank/popularity/favorites, if it looks like the item is close to becoming invalid, it may be a good idea to save a screenshot.

In terms of putting them in your post, you can just upload it to the image sharing service of your choice and put the link directly under the item in your form, similar to how many of the items have extra info below the item in brackets. Like this:

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Oct 30, 2021 11:22 AM

Jan 2020
So, I have a question regarding the challenge:
For item 114 I wanted to either use Popuko or Pipimi from the Pop Team Epic Special, but myanimelist does not list directly, which voice actor for this characters participated in the main series and which in the different versions of the special. While I was able to look up the regarding voice actors on another site, it seems like they aren't listed on myanimelist for this characters. So what should I note for the voice actor in this item?
Oct 30, 2021 12:46 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
hoshi4 said:
So, I have a question regarding the challenge:
For item 114 I wanted to either use Popuko or Pipimi from the Pop Team Epic Special, but myanimelist does not list directly, which voice actor for this characters participated in the main series and which in the different versions of the special. While I was able to look up the regarding voice actors on another site, it seems like they aren't listed on myanimelist for this characters. So what should I note for the voice actor in this item?
This anime would not be valid for item 114, since the VA's are not listed on MAL. You could try submitting the roles on the actors' People Pages, but they almost certainly won't be updated by Nov 30.

Oct 30, 2021 5:57 PM

Aug 2015
dierubikdie said:

Ekhan175 said:
Hello,

There are only a few items that require screenshots; namely (89) and (116). But there are several items where a screenshot is highly recommended, since the information used to validate it will likely change over time. For example, your Anime+ information for items (22) and (74). Basically, for items involving score/rank/popularity/favorites, if it looks like the item is close to becoming invalid, it may be a good idea to save a screenshot.

In terms of putting them in your post, you can just upload it to the image sharing service of your choice and put the link directly under the item in your form, similar to how many of the items have extra info below the item in brackets. Like this:

Thank you!
Oct 30, 2021 9:20 PM

Aug 2015
Hello,

Another question. I noticed that some of the items, it says stuff like ranking when started. I don't remember them exactly as I started the shows before I joined the challenge in the beginning of october. Is it okay to use the current numbers as long as it is within range?

For example, item 47 "Watch an anime where the difference between ranking and popularity is at least 1,000" has this written underneath: "Ranking When Started" and "Popularity When Started". For this I am going to use Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun. which I watched from Juk 14 to Sep 15. Here's the link to the page: https://myanimelist.net/anime/41812/
Oct 31, 2021 2:42 AM

Sep 2009
Ekhan175 said:
Hello,

Another question. I noticed that some of the items, it says stuff like ranking when started. I don't remember them exactly as I started the shows before I joined the challenge in the beginning of october. Is it okay to use the current numbers as long as it is within range?

For example, item 47 "Watch an anime where the difference between ranking and popularity is at least 1,000" has this written underneath: "Ranking When Started" and "Popularity When Started". For this I am going to use Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun. which I watched from Juk 14 to Sep 15. Here's the link to the page: https://myanimelist.net/anime/41812/

Yes, if the numbers are still valid, you can put the current ones.
Oct 31, 2021 3:00 AM

Aug 2015
Kaylee_ said:
Ekhan175 said:
Hello,

Yes, if the numbers are still valid, you can put the current ones.
Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š
Oct 31, 2021 7:54 AM

Aug 2015
Hello, apologies for all these questions! I tried to find it in the help guide but was unable to.

I am unable to find an anime with 6 genres since MAL changed the layout of them. I've seen some people use the old layout so I'm unsure if the new layout counts or not?

Can I use Fruits Basket Season 2 for item 77, "Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that's tagged with 6 Genres or more"?
Oct 31, 2021 8:45 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Ekhan175 said:
Hello, apologies for all these questions! I tried to find it in the help guide but was unable to.

I am unable to find an anime with 6 genres since MAL changed the layout of them. I've seen some people use the old layout so I'm unsure if the new layout counts or not?

Can I use Fruits Basket Season 2 for item 77, "Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that's tagged with 6 Genres or more"?
Yeah, we put out a few updates when the overhaul happened. Genres, Themes, and Demographics all count for item 77, so that would be valid. See this post for more details.

Nov 11, 2021 10:34 AM
็œŸ้ข็›ฎใซๅ‹‰ๅผทใ—ใฆใ‚‹

Jul 2014
Thank you for organizing this challenge! I have a question regarding turning in and inspection.

I planned to turn in early, if there should be need to me to fix stuff or watch something new for a failed challenge item and still would manage in the challenge period time. So I turned in on October 05: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1885985&show=2200#msg64586894

I am aware that many people are turning in their challenges towards the end of the year, so I assumed that participants will be inspected in sequential order by turn-in date. But then I see a participant who turned in on November 9 got inspected already, not even 2 days after turning in: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1886965#msg62526294

What have I done wrong? I think I am a patient guy, but it feels a bit weird to me that this user only had to wait 2 days while others are waiting over 30 days now. Or is the inspection process not in order of turn in?

Edit: Ah, I found the error in my logic. He probably had a faulty challenge item so he was forced to change something and the date is not the original turn in date.

BratiNov 11, 2021 10:44 AM
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Nov 11, 2021 11:03 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Brati said:
the date is not the original turn in date.
This is almost certainly the case, yeah.

Regarding the questionnaire, that's one of the things we haven't put together yet for this year's challenge. We definitely want feedback, but honestly the survey may not happen until after the challenge period closes, if at all. If you do have specific feedback, you can go ahead and just PM it to AWC_mod. Also, I'd recommend joining our official club. We rarely send out mass notifications, but releasing a survey would be something we notify members about when it goes up.

Nov 12, 2021 1:34 PM

Jan 2018
Question regarding item "(30) Watch a directly related anime that aired at least 10 years before/after a previously completed anime from the same series". I used Captain Tsubasa Special for this, with previously completed anime being Captain Tsubasa Road to 2002. The thing is when i completed it, Cp Tsubasa 2002 is still shown directly related to it (i have screenshot), but after checked it few days ago, only 2018 one shown related while 2002's page still show that it's related to Special. Does the item still valid or should i change it? That's the only item i still in doubt, otherwise, i'm done with the challenge.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 12, 2021 1:50 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Idiysar_Almond said:
Question regarding item "(30) Watch a directly related anime that aired at least 10 years before/after a previously completed anime from the same series". I used Captain Tsubasa Special for this, with previously completed anime being Captain Tsubasa Road to 2002. The thing is when i completed it, Cp Tsubasa 2002 is still shown directly related to it (i have screenshot), but after checked it few days ago, only 2018 one shown related while 2002's page still show that it's related to Special. Does the item still valid or should i change it? That's the only item i still in doubt, otherwise, i'm done with the challenge.
It just needs to show a relation on either page, so since it shows related on the Road to 2002 page, that's fine. I would definitely take a screenshot of that, though. It looks very much like a MAL error, and may be fixed before we inspect your form.

Nov 14, 2021 1:59 PM

Nov 2019
Hey @AWC_mod I've REmade some banners. Those in previous post were deleted. Sorry for my wrong move.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 14, 2021 2:03 PM

Jan 2017
@SgtBaitMan

No worries!

Added to the banners post, thanks!
Nov 14, 2021 2:29 PM

Nov 2019
@AWC_mod, I reuploaded some, since this size looks much more better.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 14, 2021 2:36 PM

Jan 2017
@SgtBaitMan

Added!
Nov 15, 2021 10:22 PM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
Watch an anime recommended to you in the AWC 2021 Anime Recommendations [From Participants] thread

Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you in the AWC 2021 Anime Recommendations [From Staff] thread by an AWC Staff Member (listed on the @ AWC_mod profile)

I'll take anything as long as it's not more then two cours. Also sorry for the state of my list at the moment you can list a couple.
StripesNov 15, 2021 11:01 PM
Nov 16, 2021 4:05 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Stripes said:
Watch an anime recommended to you in the AWC 2021 Anime Recommendations [From Participants] thread

Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you in the AWC 2021 Anime Recommendations [From Staff] thread by an AWC Staff Member (listed on the @ AWC_mod profile)

I'll take anything as long as it's not more then two cours. Also sorry for the state of my list at the moment you can list a couple.
This is not the correct thread in which to request your recommendations. Each of these items contain a link you can click which takes you to the correct threads:

AWC 2021 Anime Recommendations [From Participants] thread

AWC 2021 Anime Recommendations [From Staff] thread

Nov 19, 2021 6:15 AM

Jul 2020
Hello! I forgot to take a screenshot for the following item numbers:

[Started: Mar 30] [Finished: Jun 15] (44) Watch an anime with a popularity lower than #700 and a total duration of 16 minutes or more
Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood
[Popularity When Started: #1884 | Screenshot: ]

[Started: Apr 15] [Finished: Jun 19] (52) Watch an anime with a score of 8.00 or above and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more
Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song
[Score When Started: 8.49 | Screenshot: ]

Will screenshots taken after completion be accepted? Or do I need to watch other anime to fulfill these items since these say "when started"?

*Jouran still has a lower popularity than #700 and Vivy a higher score than 8.00.
Nov 19, 2021 6:28 AM

Apr 2011
aimeramie said:
Hello! I forgot to take a screenshot for the following item numbers:

[Started: Mar 30] [Finished: Jun 15] (44) Watch an anime with a popularity lower than #700 and a total duration of 16 minutes or more
Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood
[Popularity When Started: #1884 | Screenshot: ]

[Started: Apr 15] [Finished: Jun 19] (52) Watch an anime with a score of 8.00 or above and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more
Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song
[Score When Started: 8.49 | Screenshot: ]

Will screenshots taken after completion be accepted? Or do I need to watch other anime to fulfill these items since these say "when started"?

*Jouran still has a lower popularity than #700 and Vivy a higher score than 8.00.
Screenshots after completion are alright to use, as long as the anime still meets the requirement, which is fine in this case. Just edit the numbers in your post to match the ones in the screenshot.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

โโโโโ

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Nov 20, 2021 9:31 AM

Jan 2021
If for Bingo Enthusiast I don't get 4 "8-in-a-row" lines, but I do complete 27 items does it still count?
Nov 20, 2021 10:23 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Hyskoa_Morroh said:
If for Bingo Enthusiast I don't get 4 "8-in-a-row" lines, but I do complete 27 items does it still count?
To complete your level, you must complete the minimum number of lines stated in the rules (in your case, 4 lines).

The "27 items minimum" is just there to show the absolute least number of items you can use to accomplish this. Depending on which lines you choose, you may need to complete more than 27 items.

Nov 20, 2021 12:56 PM

Jan 2021
dierubikdie said:
Hyskoa_Morroh said:
To complete your level, you must complete the minimum number of lines stated in the rules (in your case, 4 lines).

The "27 items minimum" is just there to show the absolute least number of items you can use to accomplish this. Depending on which lines you choose, you may need to complete more than 27 items.

Thank you!
Nov 21, 2021 4:36 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Hello, I was checking my sign-up post before turning in and got stricken by a big doubt when checking the following two items:

(53) Watch an anime with an episode duration of 6 minutes or more and less than 10,000 completed members that finished airing before you started it

(51) Watch an anime with a score of 5.00 or below and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

For those two I used respectively a 7 minutes long movie and a 19 minutes long OVA, both monoepisodical, therefore in the entry pages the duration is not "x min per episode", just "x min". Are those entries still valid? There is no "2 or more episodes" specified in the items and their descriptions don't say they must be series, so my common sense suggests the answer is yes, but I want to make sure before turning in.
Thrasher96Nov 21, 2021 4:39 PM
Nov 21, 2021 4:58 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Thrasher96 said:
Hello, I was checking my sign-up post before turning in and got stricken by a big doubt when checking the following two items:

(53) Watch an anime with an episode duration of 6 minutes or more and less than 10,000 completed members that finished airing before you started it

(51) Watch an anime with a score of 5.00 or below and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

For those two I used respectively a 7 minutes long movie and a 19 minutes long OVA, both monoepisodical, therefore in the entry pages the duration is not "x min per episode", just "x min". Are those entries still valid? There is no "2 or more episodes" specified in the items and their descriptions don't say they must be series, so my common sense suggests the answer is yes, but I want to make sure before turning in.
You are correct. There's no minimum number of episodes for those items, so those are both valid.

Nov 21, 2021 5:26 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
dierubikdie said:
Thrasher96 said:

You are correct. There's no minimum number of episodes for those items, so those are both valid.

Pheww.. thanks! :_D
Nov 28, 2021 4:21 AM

Aug 2015
Hello,

1. For item 40 "Watch an anime adapted from a Card Game or Game", do we have to watch an anime listen on the hyperlink? Or can it be any anime adapted from a card game or game? I was planning on using Obey Me!: Makai Dai Ryokou!

2. For item 70 "Watch a listed themed anime: Mahou Shoujo or Superhero", does My Hero Academia count? It doesn't say superhero on the actual page though.
Nov 28, 2021 4:46 AM

Sep 2009
Ekhan175 said:
Hello,

1. For item 40 "Watch an anime adapted from a Card Game or Game", do we have to watch an anime listen on the hyperlink? Or can it be any anime adapted from a card game or game? I was planning on using Obey Me!: Makai Dai Ryokou!

2. For item 70 "Watch a listed themed anime: Mahou Shoujo or Superhero", does My Hero Academia count? It doesn't say superhero on the actual page though.

Both of those are ok.
For 40, the list is just a suggestion, and the anime you linked has "Source: Game", so it's fine.
For 70, it has to be listed, and My Hero Academia is on the list so it's valid for this item.
Nov 28, 2021 5:48 PM

Aug 2015
For item 105 "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese" would either of the following count? I can't seem to find a website that states their nationality. In the anime they both come from America so idk if that counts or not lol

1. Nash Gold Jr. from Kuroko No Basket Movie 4: Last Game
2. Alex from Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season
Nov 28, 2021 5:48 PM

Aug 2015
Kaylee_ said:
Ekhan175 said:
Hello,

Both of those are ok.
For 40, the list is just a suggestion, and the anime you linked has "Source: Game", so it's fine.
For 70, it has to be listed, and My Hero Academia is on the list so it's valid for this item.
Thank you
Nov 28, 2021 5:59 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Ekhan175 said:
For item 105 "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese" would either of the following count? I can't seem to find a website that states their nationality. In the anime they both come from America so idk if that counts or not lol

Neither of those are main characters, so both would be invalid.

Nov 29, 2021 3:26 AM

Aug 2015
dierubikdie said:
Ekhan175 said:

Ah damn. Do you have any recommendations? All I know is lelouch from Code Geass but I saw that ages ago.
Nov 29, 2021 4:06 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Ekhan175 said:
dierubikdie said:
Ah damn. Do you have any recommendations? All I know is lelouch from Code Geass but I saw that ages ago.

Violet Evergarden is from Leidenschaftlich.
Emma Verde is Swiss.
Jacuzzi Splot is American.
The von Grannzreichs are all from Grannzreich.
Joseph Joestar is British/American.
Hana Fountainstand is American.
Alice Cartelet is British.
Revy is Chinese-American.
Valmet is Finnish.
Lotte Jansson is Finnish

There are tons out there; just make sure you choose soon. Turn-ins must be posted by 11:59 PM Pacific time tomorrow night (Nov 30).

Nov 29, 2021 4:32 AM

Aug 2015
dierubikdie said:
Ekhan175 said:

Violet Evergarden is from Leidenschaftlich.
Emma Verde is Swiss.
Jacuzzi Splot is American.
The von Grannzreichs are all from Grannzreich.
Joseph Joestar is British/American.
Hana Fountainstand is American.
Alice Cartelet is British.
Revy is Chinese-American.
Valmet is Finnish.
Lotte Jansson is Finnish

There are tons out there; just make sure you choose soon. Turn-ins must be posted by 11:59 PM Pacific time tomorrow night (Nov 30).
Thank you so much.
Nov 30, 2021 5:54 AM

Aug 2015
Hello,

I'm just finishing up my card and was wondering about something. If the item says "an episode duration of ....", the anime can be 1 episode right? Unless specified.

Example: item 51: Watch an anime with an episode duration of 6 minutes or more and less than 10,000 completed members that finished airing before you started it. I can use Kuroko no Basket: Oshaberi Shiyou ka since it is 15 mins for 1 episode and 7,565 people have completed it?
Nov 30, 2021 6:07 AM

Sep 2009
Ekhan175 said:
Hello,

I'm just finishing up my card and was wondering about something. If the item says "an episode duration of ....", the anime can be 1 episode right? Unless specified.

Example: item 51: Watch an anime with an episode duration of 6 minutes or more and less than 10,000 completed members that finished airing before you started it. I can use Kuroko no Basket: Oshaberi Shiyou ka since it is 15 mins for 1 episode and 7,565 people have completed it?

Yes, it can be just 1 episode, you can use this anime.
Dec 2, 2021 8:08 PM
Jan 2020
Really annoying to cut the tun in period exactly on the 30th, one thing is that you cant end animes after the 30 th but it still takes time to put things in order and check that its all correct before tuning it in. Wouldnt have hurt em to give a few more days to turn in the list still counting any anime that extended into December as invalid

I get needing some time to check the entries, but its taking it a bit far
RE_99Dec 2, 2021 8:12 PM
Dec 3, 2021 1:54 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
RE_99 said:
Really annoying to cut the tun in period exactly on the 30th, one thing is that you cant end animes after the 30 th but it still takes time to put things in order and check that its all correct before tuning it in. Wouldnt have hurt em to give a few more days to turn in the list still counting any anime that extended into December as invalid

I get needing some time to check the entries, but its taking it a bit far

We need the month of December to check 100s of forms that turn in the last few days. We also use December to prepare next year's challenge. Also, we also like to have a few days free to spend the holidays with our families instead of spending it at home at the computer checking forms.

It's not just you that might have turned in late, we get a lot of people that turn in in the last two weeks. So please have some conscience for us inspectors.
Dec 14, 2021 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
I want to withdraw from the challenge since I won't be able to complete it. Can someone assist me?
Dec 14, 2021 10:39 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
airotciv said:
I want to withdraw from the challenge since I won't be able to complete it. Can someone assist me?
Edit your challenge post to this:
[color=#B43D6D][right][b]Initial Post Number: [/b] ##[/right]
[center]๐Ÿ”ท I have decided to withdraw from the 2021 Anime Watching Challenge ๐Ÿ”ท

I understand that if later on during the year I wish to rejoin the challenge, I can edit this post to participate again.
I also understand that I don't need to make a new post if I wish to rejoin. 
[/center][/color]

Alternatively: we only look at posts that have been turned in, so you can simply ignore it and nothing will happen.

Either way, please don't delete your challenge post.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 20 21 [22]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

548 by jaeo_k »»
Jun 22, 12:51 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

541 by Ranacchi »»
Jun 17, 11:43 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

110 by Kaylee »»
Jun 13, 10:31 AM

Sticky: » ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿธ Mini Challenge #2 - Spring Bingo 2024 ๐Ÿธ๐ŸŒท

Aeradae - Apr 28

22 by vemz21 »»
Jun 11, 4:02 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

13 by AWC_mod »»
May 18, 2:13 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.