Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (42) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2016 2:30 AM
Dec 2015
#rightinthekokoro
Jul 11, 2016 2:31 AM

Jul 2014
REDFIRERED99 said:
That was a fcking fantastic episode holy sht... only thing is that I wish Emilia was in it more, I understand people ship Rem with Subaru but think about it.. He is doing everything here for Emilia, although that episode was by far the best it still had that. Otherwise it was great!

I can only imagine they are going to save Emilia and Rem by getting Reinhard and the other knights help which is almost guaranteed to happen after Subaru realizes he is too weak to fight the witch's cult alone :p

Why people try to make subaru big piece of shit ? he's doing this for : emilia - ram - peatrice - the children and the villagers , in the manga and LN subaru want to protect and be with everyone , the anime maked him emillia obsessed and later he's obsessed with Rem xD
Jul 11, 2016 2:33 AM
Dec 2013
What an amazing episode. In between there were a few casual episodes and I was confused, since a lot of people said that what we've seen before is nothing, compared to what was coming. Now I understand what they meant by that, with the last two episodes, especially this last one...

Also I'm 100% sure that beast at the end is Puck, I think it was said somewhere that if Emilia dies, Puck is suppose to freeze everything around him, and since it was also his voice...

Anyway, can't wait to see what new surprises will this anime give us.
Jul 11, 2016 2:34 AM

Mar 2010
aetasx said:
Jagd84 said:

"I don't' why anyone is invested in hero's story anymore. He's just gonna get back up and eventually defeat the villain."

It is not destination that counts, it's the journey.

There's a difference between knowing whatever is going to happen in an anime than knowing someone will eventually win. As soon as Rem dies, we instantly know he's going to get killed and she'll be alive again, because thats all this anime is about.

No it doesn't you can predict tat the hero will defeat very villain in his path, how he does i.e details is what matters not the end result. The same applies here. You're making excuses to justly your dislike.
Jul 11, 2016 2:34 AM

Jul 2015
Subaru's VA need to tone it down a bit tbh
Jul 11, 2016 2:35 AM

Oct 2012
Oh my god this was beyond brutal. I kept hearing about how things get worse and frankly I'm scared to see what else Subaru will have to go through.

Freaking amazing episode, I am just emotionally devastated
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 11, 2016 2:35 AM

Jul 2014
REDFIRERED99 said:
RyuukiBeat said:
Subaru x Rem, OMG.....,

I can't even fking look at Rem anymore after what happened with Betelgeuse tho
Subaru X Emilia

LOL i got the same feeling honestly , that was disgusting i really didn't like the rem torture scene
Jul 11, 2016 2:43 AM

Oct 2013
I have only one thing to say...

BETELGEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE!!!!!
Jul 11, 2016 2:48 AM
Jul 2015
bear808 said:
Harsh episode...

Witch Cult doesn't play. If Betelgeuse is right, and Subaru is Pride... then a lot of what Subaru has done up to now fits. So far Subaru has been that foolish, reckless, stubborn type of Pride. It has it's uses for the right situation, but I would like to him grow into a more useful type.

Rem's love is too good for Subaru. Way above and beyond for her to release Subaru from the shackles. I'm hoping he will gather up the cavalry this time around, it looks like he only has about a day to get back to stop the cult. No casual carriage ride back to the mansion.

Is it Puck in the end? Cat-like with everything freezing over, earring and voice match too. So yes, Puck. Leaving the question, who is Puck's daughter?

Emillia. She's obviously not his blood related daughter, but a daughter like figure to him. He even refers to her as his daughter while joking around with Subaru in the mansion arc.
Jul 11, 2016 2:50 AM

Jun 2015
Well I can't wait for episodes 16 now.
My Principle of Life:
1. No one knows the future nor one can change the past
2. Death is imminent to every being, no matter who it is, where it is, or how it is
3. Everything can happen in this world. EVERYTHING
4. Regret is absolutely useless
5. There's nothing weird or abnormal in this world, they're just unique
Jul 11, 2016 2:50 AM

Mar 2010
nightcrawlercyp said:
Jagd84 said:

No he didn't. IN the very first timeline she saved him, you confusing that with the very end of 3rd timeline. He states this himself in ep 13. This and plus the time they spent together is the whole reason he decided to help her to begin with. Subaru would not be here if not his feelings for Emilia or met any of these other people. This not even talking about he owes his current livelyhood, and even his treatment to her.

And point about Rem is not much of an excuse. She acted on her own without consulting with anyone and murdered him. That was wrong period. If she could see her actions before she be undeniably ashamed.

Frankly I'm not much of a shipper so whoever Subaru ends up is whatever but don't spread misinformation to prop you side. Everybody in show has reasons and devalue them when deny others.
First of all that is not the first timeline. If you watch closely the first episode there is a previous timeline to that in which both of them die and he tries to touch her hand as he is dying. Second the previous timelines matter only to Soubaru. We are discussing Emilia's actions and for her only the 3d timeline exist so discussing the previous ones is irrelevant for this discussion. I disagree about the time spent together. He becomes in love with her the moment she sees her. Her actions in previous timelines are just an excuse for his love for her.
About Rem yeah she did not talk to other people because it was clear to her Emilia was not thinking rationally when it came to Soubaru and suspected a spell, you know like a love spell or something.
And the fact that Emilia is main and Rem is supporting means that he will choose Emilia. But it is not the right choice. She has some psychological issues that cannot be ignored. If she does not solve her issues regardless of how much Soubaru loves her life will be hell for both of them. I dated girls with issues and let me tell you is difficult to deal with them.

Dude are you legit screwing with me? Every timeline matters to Subaru. All his motivations and attachments for this life came through those multiple timelines when he bonded various people. Had not bonded Rem and Ram in the early loops of 2nd arc he would not have felt betrayed by them or tried to help them 5th loop despite what they did to him. Had Emilia not saved him in 1st loop in arc and gotten to know her not have tried to save her. All of those experiences are important to him, that is one of the major theme of the show. Not your shipper crap. Arc 3 isn't happening a vacuum.

It's Subaru's choice who falls in love with. Only he can determine what is best or worth for him. He's already been sacrificing his life for Emilia before Rem even existed.

You are direct disregarding the narrative to suit you own bias. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Here he directly says in the manga version of ep 13 (without the mini flashback) where he says he saved her (because I'm to lazy to take screen cap right now.)

Subaru cares about each and everyone these people they help him and Emilia most of all because he wouldn't be here if not for her aand she has always supported him or had his best interest in mind.
Iron_MawJul 11, 2016 3:09 AM
Jul 11, 2016 2:51 AM

Jul 2014
Jagd84 said:
aetasx said:

There's a difference between knowing whatever is going to happen in an anime than knowing someone will eventually win. As soon as Rem dies, we instantly know he's going to get killed and she'll be alive again, because thats all this anime is about.

No it doesn't you can predict tat the hero will defeat very villain in his path, how he does i.e details is what matters not the end result. The same applies here. You're making excuses to justly your dislike.

imao i didn't like happen he's not affected by what happen to him at the beginning of the series and now i see it overacting xD i know it's horrible but i can always fix it so why go insane like i really lost everything ? he should just get use to it already
Jul 11, 2016 2:53 AM

Sep 2008
That was... really brutal.

I have to say, this show has been great so far, but this single episode was about twice as good.
Looking forward to the rest for sure! Well sort of - it's making me sleep deprived and taking years off my life. :D
Jul 11, 2016 2:55 AM

Sep 2009
Holy shit the end was uncomfortably brutal. It was awful watching Betelgeuse contorting Rem's body and even worse when she was crawling to get to Subaru.

Some things about Subaru are starting to piece together. Like how the witch's smell on him is getting stronger. The red glint in his eyes at the end. Betelgeuse calling him Pride. I'm starting to feel like Subaru isn't exactly who we think he is.

The beast at the end is Puck? And when the voice mentioned the daughter, was it the witch referring to Emilia?

P.S. Oh thought it was the witch, turns out it was Puck.
velvetprayerJul 11, 2016 3:10 AM
Jul 11, 2016 2:57 AM
Mar 2016
While I want Subaru to suffer because of his stupid actions in the past episodes, the suffering he is receiving this episode is too much.
Betelgeuse reminds me of Midousuji. Kimoi sugi
That creepy ending credits. Looks like a horror movie credits. Gives off an horror movie ending feel.
It's nice to see Yoshitsugu Matsuoka's name in ending credits. Makes me want to watch the episode again with audio.
crx07Jul 11, 2016 3:05 AM
Jul 11, 2016 3:00 AM
Apr 2016
What was that creature at the end that came out of the mansion and why did it kill Subaru?
Jul 11, 2016 3:03 AM

Mar 2010
Devil_Slayer said:
Jagd84 said:

imao i didn't like happen he's not affected by what happen to him at the beginning of the series and now i see it overacting xD i know it's horrible but i can always fix it so why go insane like i really lost everything ? he should just get use to it already

He was never used it to begin with. Subaru has always hated dying and tried to cover his trauma with pretending to be jovial.
Jul 11, 2016 3:03 AM

Feb 2016
This episode was literally the best episode I've ever seen in my entire life from an anime, and White Fox has not failed to surprise me with each episode. Guess they can now be forgiven for Akame ga Kill...
Jul 11, 2016 3:11 AM

Nov 2011
Kaisruintao said:
What was that creature at the end that came out of the mansion and why did it kill Subaru?

Puck.

Because he has to die in order for the plot to continue.

Also probably because Puck went mad after Emilia was killed most likely.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 11, 2016 3:11 AM

Aug 2014
What a great episode. The story's picking up again and I'm loving every second of it.

Kaisruintao said:

That was Puck; appearance, ice magic, voice actor and reference to Emilia as 'his daughter' all hint at that
Jul 11, 2016 3:12 AM
Jun 2016
to think that puck is a gigantic wolf when he's a butterfly in another different world...

in contrary of people hating the recent eps, i just freaking loved them. tbh i'm really shipping rem right now. dat pure love srsly damn.

on the other side, i'm curious about the background of that eyeball-licking beetlejuice since clearly he has some kind of adherence towards love and sloth.
Jul 11, 2016 3:13 AM
May 2015
Kaisruintao said:

Puck the edgelord.
Killing Subaru so he doesn't have to suffer more. And the ice would kill him. He don't know that subaru will suffer even more by resetting
Jul 11, 2016 3:15 AM

Jul 2014
Jagd84 said:
Devil_Slayer said:

He was never used it to begin with. Subaru has always hated dying and tried to cover his trauma with pretending to be jovial.

Does people die when they are killed ?
Jul 11, 2016 3:23 AM

Aug 2014
Jagd84 said:
Devil_Slayer said:

Just butting in on this. In this series it IS the adventure that matters. Of course I'm not wondering whether subaru will save the day (though it may very well just end up horribly), I keep on wondering what he will do and how he will resolve this conflict. We see him struggling time and time again on the same issue, through a trial and error basis and every time the situation ends differently. It keeps the show interesting in a different manner than the question "Will the hero save the day?"

+ that aside, everything could still go wrong. If Subaru ends up with a new check point while people are dead, that would be it anyhow. He could very well resolve the situation w/ several people dead. He could very well never resolve the situation and end up having everything screwed over. The notion that the question whether or not he will work everything out is not there, is not even correct.

That's all just really interesting to me, though it may not be to OP. Really keeps me intrigued in comparison to a fighting show whatsoever.
Makes me think though, how well can Subaru fight w/ a sword after his lessons? Will we get to see that?

(edit: wrote episode instead of series lmao)
Jul 11, 2016 3:25 AM

Aug 2012
Jagd84 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
First of all that is not the first timeline. If you watch closely the first episode there is a previous timeline to that in which both of them die and he tries to touch her hand as he is dying. Second the previous timelines matter only to Soubaru. We are discussing Emilia's actions and for her only the 3d timeline exist so discussing the previous ones is irrelevant for this discussion. I disagree about the time spent together. He becomes in love with her the moment she sees her. Her actions in previous timelines are just an excuse for his love for her.
About Rem yeah she did not talk to other people because it was clear to her Emilia was not thinking rationally when it came to Soubaru and suspected a spell, you know like a love spell or something.
And the fact that Emilia is main and Rem is supporting means that he will choose Emilia. But it is not the right choice. She has some psychological issues that cannot be ignored. If she does not solve her issues regardless of how much Soubaru loves her life will be hell for both of them. I dated girls with issues and let me tell you is difficult to deal with them.

Dude are you legit screwing with me? Every timeline matters to Subaru. All his motivations and attachments for this life came through those multiple timelines when he bonded various people. Had not bonded Rem and Ram in the early loops of 2nd arc he would not have felt betrayed by them or tried to help them 5th loop despite what they did to him. Had Emilia not saved him in 1st loop in arc and gotten to know her not have tried to save her. All of those experiences are important to him, that is one of the major theme of the show. Not your shipper crap. Arc 3 isn't happening a vacuum.

It's Subaru's choice who falls in love with. Only he can determine what is best or worth for him. He's already been sacrificing his life for Emilia before Rem even existed.

You are direct disregarding the narrative to suit you own bias. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Here he directly says in the manga version of ep 13 (without the mini flashback) where he says he saved her (because I'm to lazy to take screen cap right now.)

Subaru cares about each and everyone these people they help him and Emilia most of all because he wouldn't be here if not for her aand she has always supported him or had his best interest in mind.
Please re-read my post. I never said past timelines do not matter to Soubaru, I said they do not matter to Emilia. And I was talking about Emilia's actions, not Soubaru's. She displays deep mental issues. And yeah is his choice, but it was his choice from the moment he saw her. From the first moment he saw her he was like: I must have this girl. That is why he tries to find the insignia and so on. Also what is a shipper? I imagine you know the difference between love and a crush. About him deciding what is good for him unfortunately life does not work like that. When you are in love you do not think straight so you are not fit to decide what is good for you. Man, are you 12 or something?
Jul 11, 2016 3:32 AM

May 2011
ShinyKing said:
RockerXD said:

Subaru needs to git gud

Did you make this? I love it!

Nope, some guy in a discord channel I'm part of did
Jul 11, 2016 3:44 AM

Mar 2010
nightcrawlercyp said:
Jagd84 said:

Please re-read my post. I never said past timelines do not matter to Soubaru, I said they do not matter to Emilia. And I was talking about Emilia's actions, not Soubaru's. She displays deep mental issues. And yeah is his choice, but it was his choice from the moment he saw her. From the first moment he saw her he was like: I must have this girl. That is why he tries to find the insignia and so on. Also what is a shipper? I imagine you know the difference between love and a crush. About him deciding what is good for him unfortunately life does not work like that. When you are in love you do not think straight so you are not fit to decide what is good for you. Man, are you 12 or something?

You don't see to understand, it doesn't matter whether those memories matter to Emilia, Rem or anyone else. They matter to him . This has been a major theme with him from first arc onwards. So bring that up is freaking pointless. You are the only one acting like a 12 year old when you talk you like determine who he should like or not. People fall in love for kinds of reasons whether it is because they helped by their personal saviors like Suabru and Rem or simple attraction from love at first sight. What matters is how they eventually develop. Subaru and Emilia have plenty of time for that but it depends on him. This story isn't anywhere done for such thing to be set in stone.

And no he wasn't like that when he first saw her. He though she was beautiful, but that was it. He decided to help her because she helped him and the got to know each other, unlike your gross exaggeration of the events. Who the hell would write like that anyway?
Iron_MawJul 11, 2016 3:52 AM

Jul 2011
This episode made me feel a really strange mix of emotions, when that monster appeard and cut Subaru head my jaw dropped till the ep ended...

What's that kaiju like thing ? puck rage mode ? mad emilia ? or none of these ?

Thanks
Jul 2016
@Jagd84 I know very well you liked this series but you're kind of forcing your interpretation into other so your version of interpretation is the right path. I liked this series too but I can see why there's a divergence of opinion, and shutting down every different opinion will only make people think you're to obsessed with it.

As I've been stated there's clearly different point of view and attachment on the characters in the series between a lot of casual anime only viewer and WN/LN readers, in this case you as WN/LN readers vs other casual anime viewer. You have much deeper attachment to Emilia since you've been reading far ahead and knows the story far beyond 3rd arc which focus primarily on Emilia, while the other casual viewers only get to know up until 3rd arc with 2 of them both almost completely Rem-centric. What they got so far from the anime is Rem, so they're much more attached to her than Emilia than you. Yeah in the 3-6th arc it's Emilia but anime only viewer haven't know about those yet.

It's different matter altogether if you're arguing with a WN/LN reader too, there won't be discrepancy on information. You're basically angry at grade schooler for not understanding the importance high schooler's classes, yes it's indeed important but they doesn't know about it yet, and they will just see you as bossy upperclassmen. There won't be satisfying conclusion from the discussion since both can't see the other's point of view.
CryarcJul 11, 2016 3:52 AM
Jul 11, 2016 3:45 AM

Jul 2015
The way how the end credits appeared just made me explode of goosebumps. Best anime of 2016, telling you now!

Jul 11, 2016 3:46 AM
Oct 2013
demonskul777 said:
That was Puck; appearance, ice magic, voice actor and reference to Emilia as 'his daughter' all hint at that

Are you sure that's Puck? Puck is smaller when he's not on spirit form. Also, why would he kill Subaru? He didn't show any signs of hatred towards Subaru.
Jul 11, 2016 3:46 AM

Apr 2016
Kirito went completely mental, why can't he stop playing virtual reality already
Jul 11, 2016 3:47 AM
Nov 2008
Bell-kun just killed Hestia...

Jokes aside, episode 15 is absolutely amazing! I cried when Rem crawl out to Subaru's side. Damn those ninja cutting onions again.

Such a powerful episode and I pumped my fist when Subaru in the last minute of the episode has the eyes saying "i'm gonna kill you Betelguese".
Jul 11, 2016 3:47 AM

Jun 2013
HOLY FUCK THIS EPISODE. Damn I the last two were kinda eehhh but still good then this episode just brings it right back on track with even more epicness. Holy shit I can't believe how this played out, it looks like Subaru got some nice development from what he was two episodes ago. Best episode by far and best girl didnt even show up. That ending too when the credits were rolling holy shit when his head just rolls. Then the last minute of the episode. I have never been so hyped for the next episode of something as I am for episode 16.

Also petelgeuse is a dank ass character
Jul 11, 2016 3:49 AM

Aug 2008
May the power of love compel you! Very touchy. Rem best girl :p

Now, with some new-found resolution (revenge lol), Subaru should be rearing to go for some more heroic deeds.
Jul 11, 2016 3:54 AM
Nov 2008
Lia said:
demonskul777 said:

Are you sure that's Puck? Puck is smaller when he's not on spirit form. Also, why would he kill Subaru? He didn't show any signs of hatred towards Subaru.

check the left ear of that ginormous wolf, it has the same earring place like on Puck and besides they are both ice-magic user? That wasn't enough a clue for you?

I think Puck just gone into "kill everything to protect Emilia" berserk button-ish.
Jul 11, 2016 3:54 AM

Aug 2014
Lia said:
demonskul777 said:

Pretty sure that will be covered later on in the show, but my interpretation is that he went nuts after Emilia died, and couldn't really discern Subaru as a friend, due to the scent of the Witch on him.
I could always be wrong of course, but that's how I see it.
Jul 11, 2016 3:58 AM
Dec 2015
Honestly best anime episode released to this date for me I think!! I can't even explain how amazing this episode was!!! The start of the series was very slow I thought but now it's gone to new heights and just keeps getting better and better!!! And my god subaru's eyes at the end looks so fucken cool!! He looks like he's about to fuck shit up!!! So excited to see where this goes!!!
Jul 11, 2016 4:01 AM
Aug 2015
The level of intensity of the episode was over 9000!!!!
I absolutely love this Anime. Best Anime of 2016 without a doubt. They really know how to make us suffer waiting another week for another episode...
I'm so gonna cry when this Anime ends.
Jul 11, 2016 4:01 AM
Aug 2015
im done XD, this episode left me speechless
Jul 11, 2016 4:04 AM

Mar 2010
Cryarc said:
@Jagd84 I know very well you liked this series but you're kind of forcing your interpretation into other so your version of interpretation is the right path. I liked this series too but I can see why there's a divergence of opinion, and shutting down every different opinion will only make people think you're to obsessed with it.

As I've been stated there's clearly different point of view and attachment on the characters in the series between a lot of casual anime only viewer and WN/LN readers, in this case you as WN/LN readers vs other casual anime viewer. You have much deeper attachment to Emilia since you've been reading far ahead and knows the story far beyond 3rd arc which focus primarily on Emilia, while the other casual viewers only get to know up until 3rd arc with 2 of them both almost completely Rem-centric. What they got so far from the anime is Rem, so they're much more attached to her than Emilia than you. Yeah in the 3-6th arc it's Emilia but anime only viewer haven't know about those yet.

It's different matter altogether if you're arguing with a WN/LN reader too, there won't be discrepancy on information. You're basically angry at grade schooler for not understanding the importance high schooler's classes, yes it's indeed important but they doesn't know about it yet, and they will just see you as bossy upperclassmen. There won't be satisfying conclusion from the discussion since both can't see the other's point of view.

I'm not forcing my interpretation of anything, I'm saying exactly what happened. Unless what I read of the first and second arcs where lucid dream everything I have said is correct. I've re-read and rewatched the manga, LN/WN and anime multiple times. The author of this story is meticulous when comes to crafting character relationships and certain things he makes you understand that cores of their characters. Whether this arc is Rem-centirc or not is not an excuse to devalue the feelings of other characters out of preferential treatment. The story doesn't stop in arc 3 and the relationships do not remain static (as shown wt Emilia and Subaru's fight early on). There is no reason to think this way. If one feels Subaru should be with Rem that is fine, but nowhere close to being his only option especially you don't have knowledge of future events. As far you know Subaru could endup with Priscilla and everyone else could be entirely irrelevant. It's not like my post has contradicted anything against Rem.

The funny thing is both Subaru and Rem both intentionally parallel each other for their devotion, but Rem doesn't have to deal with any of stress of dying and time leaping.
Iron_MawJul 11, 2016 4:10 AM
Jul 11, 2016 4:05 AM

May 2012
This was the best episode for sure. Poor Rem, she truly is lovable...i was not too much into her (in the sense of shipping them), but you gotta love that girl.

That fucking Beetlejuice is crazy as fuck, but he seems to be very strong too.

I want to see the next episode so badly, but still one week... =/
I despise woke people.
Jul 11, 2016 4:05 AM

Dec 2012
Brutal savage thriller gore crazy psychological af = This episode

Jul 11, 2016 4:07 AM

Aug 2012
Jagd84 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

You don't see to understand, it doesn't matter whether those memories matter to Emilia, Rem or anyone else. They matter to him . This has been a major theme with him from first arc onwards. So bring that up is freaking pointless. You are the only one acting like a 12 year old when you talk you like determine who he should like or not. People fall in love for kinds of reasons whether it is because they helped by their personal saviors like Suabru and Rem or simple attraction from love at first sight. What matters is how they eventually develop. Subaru and Emilia have plenty of time for that but it depends on him. This story isn't anywhere done for such thing to be set in stone.

And no he wasn't like that when he first saw her. He though she was beautiful, but that was it. He decided to help her because she helped him and the got to know each other, unlike your gross exaggeration of the events. Who the hell would write like that anyway?
he thought that she is why he is there: that he was Mario and she was Peach. I cannot remember the exact lines but it is there. I am not saying that he should not like Emilia. I am saying he should not pursue a relationship with a crazy chick. if you ever dated one then you know what I am talking about, if not be thankful you did not.
Jul 11, 2016 4:15 AM

Apr 2013
Ugh....Jesus...this show just went from a 4 to a -5/10. Christ.

I'm disgusted enough that people seem to think belligerent gore and ostentatious showings of insanity with gaping plot and a slew of plastic characters makes something "great" simply because it becomes indescribable; that very quality makes the whole damn steaming pile of shit of an anime nothing more than absurd nonsense; its derailed itself so hard I'm not even sure what the intent of the plot is anymore.

I think Rem's choices were the only things keeping me from out right laughing through the entire episode. Oh and the credits. I mean really? I was crying with laughter at the absurd "Wolf-Mother-Deity." Look, anyone who takes this show seriously really ought to reconsider their life values. It just so absolutely ridiculous. It's like watching Elfin Lied, except with more plot nonsense and a little less gore.

This is the new Mars of Destruction.
KeltrickJul 11, 2016 4:35 AM
Jul 11, 2016 4:16 AM

Jan 2011
Well good god almighty, this episode was brutal as fuck. The quality and production of this episode was top-notch, it really set the tone of the second half of Re:Zero and what we'll expect in the later episodes. Betelgeuse is one really creepy and crazy antagonist.

The first half with Subaru going into the mansion and discovering everyone dead was really hard to watch. Ram was dead but Petra's eyes were like gouged out, geezus. Then we see Emilia's flower on the ground. Subaru entered any icy room. His fingers broke off and then even his whole body froze and his face cracked. Subaru was soooooo mentally broken throughout the majority of this episode; felt so sorry for the guy.

The one that stole the show was Rem though. I swear to god, after this episode Rem has clearly proven to herself that she's the best girl by far. Inori Minase did an amazing job, especially when Rem is in her demon mode with a slightly deeper, angered voice. Rem is such a badass. Holy shit though, Betelgeuse is one twisted mofo. He literally treated Rem like a puppet and destroyed her limbs and twisted them completely. That made Subaru go berserk.

Even with the tiniest amount of mana and breath left, Rem slowly crawled to Subaru and broke the chains off from him. Then she even confessed her love before dying. That scene hit me so hard. Subaru walked in the snow while holding Rem in his hands when sudden a huge beast pops out of the mansion. It's definitely Puck's voice that spoke. Then Subaru's head came off and the credits rolled with red text. Holy fuck I did not expect that. The ED music was very powerful too. The after-credits scene showing Subaru's super-angered eyes was intense. Rem also stated that the 'witch' smell on Subaru has grown even stronger too. I'm anxious yet excited to see what else Re:Zero has in store. Best episode by far hands down, so fucked up but amazingly handled. Good job White Fox.
5/5
Jul 11, 2016 4:20 AM

Mar 2010
nightcrawlercyp said:
Jagd84 said:

he thought that she is why he is there: that he was Mario and she was Peach. I cannot remember the exact lines but it is there. I am not saying that he should not like Emilia. I am saying he should not pursue a relationship with a crazy chick. if you ever dated one then you know what I am talking about, if not be thankful you did not.

WTF are talking about? Why the hell are trying to make a simply chance encounter with two who helped and got know each other complicated and twisted? She saved him when she didn't have to, Subaru felt grateful decide to help her in return. He saw facelifts of her personality that attracted him to her. He felt terrible at injustice of her murder and decided to change that future to one where she could live. She rewarded him stability and actual friend who had looked for him when others where suspicious of him or killed him. Putting aside their friendship he just being a person treated a nobody like him decently and is still supporting medically even after his fuck ups. She done more than her fair share for her to earn his respect.

And yet ignore that to give me some shitty analogy that is utterly at odds with story and their relationship...

Yeah I guess there no point talking to someone to deluded by their shippervirus and to actually look at hings evenly.
Iron_MawJul 11, 2016 4:26 AM
Jul 11, 2016 4:22 AM
Jun 2016
Keltrick said:
Ugh....Jesus...this show just went from a 4 to a -5/10. Christ.

I'm disgusted enough that people seem to think belligerent gore and ostentatious showings of insanity with gaping plot and a slew of plastic characters makes something "great" simply because it becomes indescribable; that very quality makes the whole damn steaming pile of shit of an anime nonsense.
I think Rem was the only thing keeping me from out right laughing through the entire episode. Oh and the credits. I mean really? I was crying with laughter. Look, anyone who takes this show seriously really ought to reconsider their life values. It just so absolutely ridiculous. It's like watching Elfin Lied, except with more plot nonsense and a little less gore.
This is the new Mars of Destruction.

nice try troll, you almost had me, leave and never come back
Jul 11, 2016 4:24 AM
Jun 2016
Nagirah said:
Don't tell me I'm the only one who personally thought this was probably the worst episode of Re:Zero so far? The author just includes tons of blood, violence and edginess and suddenly everyone thinks it's a 10/10 literary masterpiece. I haven't seen a thing I would describe as edgy since Akame ga Kill and Mirai Nikki. So bad.

yeah your the only one, your opinion is worthless, since most people agree that this show is a masterpiece, its simply beyond your mediocre intellectual abilities
Jul 11, 2016 4:25 AM

Apr 2013
Nagirah said:
Don't tell me I'm the only one who personally thought this was probably the worst episode of Re:Zero so far? The author just includes tons of blood, violence and edginess and suddenly everyone thinks it's a 10/10 literary masterpiece. I haven't seen a thing I would describe as edgy since Akame ga Kill and Mirai Nikki. So bad.

Oh my god, thank goodness I'm not the only one. No, I thought it was absolutely horrible. It was just absurd amounts of gore with absolutely no rhyme or reason. I'm absolutely disgusted with general populous praising it for nothing more than its sheer blood and horror value while forgetting the absolutely terrible plot holes and the repetitive plot of Subaru getting cursed, again, and the royal selection? and the everything else? Who cares, throw it all out the window "BLOOD AND INSANITY FOR NO REASON IT'S AWESOME".......Oh my god those were credits so cringy I couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.
KeltrickJul 11, 2016 4:29 AM
Pages (42) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ferris and Subaru

Daddi4900 - Yesterday

6 by Bolona07 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1724 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jun 1, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

589 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jun 1, 3:39 AM

» What happened to Emilia’s votes?

KillLaKillGOAT - May 29

7 by Phloup »»
May 29, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1373 by kakaronie »»
May 28, 9:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.