Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2014 5:23 PM

Jan 2014
I think the slow pace of this anime recently is necessary to make it more deep and it's adapted directly from manga without any filler. If it's turn into fast paced battle like other Shonen, then the HXH's characteristic that make it different is gone.

Palace invation arc is really addictive after all, if it didn't come only once every week maybe many people would enjoy it more than waiting for nothing. You should try to be patient not to watch it until the arc it's over, maybe the're still 15-20 episodes left. The question is, can you endure that long?
Jan 21, 2014 5:36 PM

May 2008
Shoot is awesome!
Jan 21, 2014 5:50 PM
Jan 2010
I miss Hisoka
Jan 21, 2014 5:53 PM

Sep 2013
Dat ending and Killua lol!
Jan 21, 2014 5:54 PM

Dec 2012
That last moment. Gon's look. OMG I'm so excited
Jan 21, 2014 5:56 PM

Dec 2010
The pacing is just terrible. There is a whole lot of nothing happening and it's taking forever to not happen.
Jan 21, 2014 6:01 PM
Apr 2013
Now that I think about Togashi has used Komugi in a brilliant way. Because of Komugi, Pitou, who seemed like the most dangerous and instinct driven Royal Guard has now become much the opposite, while Shaiapouf who seemed like the most loyal and calm of the Royal Guards starts to become erratic and highly volatile. Well played Togashi, you magnificent bastard.
Jan 21, 2014 6:03 PM

Oct 2012
Dat stare. Gon must really be pissed.
Jan 21, 2014 6:13 PM

Apr 2013
5/5 gon epic face at the end = priceless
Jan 21, 2014 6:14 PM

Nov 2013
I don't know why, but the pouf part was my favorite.
Jan 21, 2014 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
Minagatachi said:
Pouf wants the d.

The king had already dickslapped him once. Apparently that's not enough.
Jan 21, 2014 6:33 PM

Jul 2012
The last few episodes have been lacking. HxH needs to pick up the pace! I don't feel as if all this time slowing is making the show much more dramatic. Maybe if it was toned down, but not this much. Hopefully the pace picks up soon!
Jan 21, 2014 6:40 PM
Sep 2013
What the hell? Did they just butcher Killua's scene? Instead of dragging that scene out they should've animated up to page 13. What a let down, especially after such an amazing episode last week (Mai Ishii cmon!). I know they animated three chapters but given the content of those chapters they could've covered a lot more. This episode was nowhere as tense or "meaty" as the last two and we have the pacing to thank for that.

Anyway, let's move on to next week. I'mma give this one 2.5/5.
CresherhsmJan 21, 2014 7:24 PM
Jan 21, 2014 6:52 PM

Nov 2012
Fucking loved this ep, so much intensity
I love the scene with Pouf and his crazy obsession.
Poor Netero I assumed he tried to separate Pitou from Gon in order to save him
Jan 21, 2014 6:55 PM
Feb 2013
Stratton-Sama said:
The new pace and constant narrating is quite annoying.
Is HxH taking a turn for the worse?

Nope. Netero vs Mereum will blow your mind to pieces.
Jan 21, 2014 7:03 PM

Aug 2010
Pissed Gon! I'm really anticipating his fight with Pitou.
Jan 21, 2014 7:21 PM

Sep 2013
Shoot is pretty badass for going head to head with a complete monster like youpi. I was expecting him to crumble under the pressure.
Jan 21, 2014 7:50 PM
Jul 2018
Fastest 20 mins of my week every damn time I swear, felt like 5 mins. Looking forward to next week!
Jan 21, 2014 8:05 PM

Dec 2012
The narrations continue. Killuia was awesome using his yo-yo's to take down those two soldier ants.
Morel vs Pouf.
Gon is ready to fight Pitou. His expression at the end was epic.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 21, 2014 8:08 PM

Feb 2013
killua part seem too drag out or maybe it is because they reuse frame so the show feel too drag out... shoot look badass and gon in rage mode, ,
Jan 21, 2014 8:26 PM

Dec 2011
Nice ep. Pouf being a drama queen as always.
Goddammit Gon, dat stare. Can't wait for next episode.
Jan 21, 2014 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
Absolutely amazing

I will rewatch episodes 111- to when this ends, like a hundred times in the future. These episodes are some of the most amazing episodes in Anime. I'm loving it.
Jan 21, 2014 8:38 PM
Jun 2009
Not quite as good as the last two in my opinion but damn am I hyped for the next. It's been killing me waiting each week.
Jan 21, 2014 8:47 PM

Jul 2011
Hlllyyyyy Fckkk GONS GOING APEEESHIII
Jan 21, 2014 8:50 PM
Sep 2013
Ghostt said:

You call that apeshit?

Jan 21, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2009
YAY! for more Killua. He is just a beast! That zoom in on Gon at the end was marvelous.
Good episode. the abundance of Killua saved it for me. Ive been wanting to see him for a long time now.

Pouf so dramatic.

Jan 21, 2014 9:16 PM

Sep 2011
Those rainbow-colored wings...
Fabulous Shaiapouf is fabulous.

Shoot: When scaredy-cats snaps.

--------------------------------------

Again, an episode with long boring narration and explanation.
But that's expected and this is NOT the last.

The question here is, how long can you guys last? ^_^
Jan 21, 2014 9:36 PM

Dec 2012
Well that was just great. Not only is the amazing slow pace and unneeded narration is there, but we get an unnecessary retarded monologue of that faggot Pouf, awesome. Why does this character exist? generic and distasteful. Only good thing was Gon stare but it should have been with Pitou, not the King...

That's just a new low 2/5. On hold you go.
Jan 21, 2014 9:55 PM

Dec 2013
What a trash episode
Jan 21, 2014 10:19 PM

Jul 2013
Well I was expecting there will be a fight... anyway I hope I see Gon X Pitou next ep..
Jan 21, 2014 10:21 PM

Nov 2013
HiatusXHiatus said:
If it's turn into fast paced battle like other Shonen, then the HXH's characteristic that make it different is gone.

Would you please stop with that excuse?
Go to youtube and search:
Gon vs Hisoka
Kurapika vs Uvo
KIRUA vs Bomber
Feitan vs Zazan
That's how fights used to be in hunterxhunter

xieghart said:
Stratton-Sama said:
The new pace and constant narrating is quite annoying.
Is HxH taking a turn for the worse?

Nope. Netero vs Mereum will blow your mind to pieces.

I have my doubts about that.

tsudecimo said:
Well that was just great. Not only is the amazing slow pace and unneeded narration is there, but we get an unnecessary retarded monologue of that faggot Pouf, awesome. Why does this character exist? generic and distasteful. Only good thing was Gon stare but it should have been with Pitou, not the King...

That's just a new low 2/5. On hold you go.

I'm surprised you can still call someone "faggot" after declaring you're in love with 2 guys. Anyway, there's no pouf that he is gay.

Cresherhsm said:
Ghostt said:

You call that apeshit?

lol
ColtBuntlineJan 21, 2014 10:45 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 21, 2014 10:29 PM
Apr 2013
I'm more satisfy with this episode than the last. Because it's so funny with that pouf shit lol

Although the narrator is so annoying. From beginning, I don't like that narrator. It ruin my favorite anime. But wonder why it's more booming in these last episodes than before...
Jan 21, 2014 10:29 PM

Mar 2012
Best among the last 3 episodes. Yeah it has repetitions and the pace slowed down but this was much more faithful to the manga for me.

HxH/5.
Jan 21, 2014 10:35 PM
Jun 2012
FABULOUS/10 I can't wait to see Pouf making everyone walk right into his keikaku
yomico6Jan 21, 2014 10:48 PM
Jan 21, 2014 10:54 PM
Sep 2013
pkKodama said:

I'm surprised you can still call someone "faggot" after declaring you're in love with 2 guys. Anyway, there's no pouf that he is gay.

LOL!

@Pk

Oh and about Netero's fight..
CresherhsmJan 21, 2014 10:58 PM
Jan 21, 2014 10:59 PM

Jun 2009
Didn't think this episode was quite as strong as the last few but it still had some good stuff. For the first time in a long time Gon had my favorite moment of an episode. His face at the end? god damn. Also, it was cool to see Gon and Mereum in kind of the same scene.

However, I have to admit that Killua's attack went on a bit too long. Didn't mind Pouf's scene because I find him amusing and I like how his tendency to freakout delayed him long enough for Motel to get to him.
Ston3_FreeN7Jan 21, 2014 11:23 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 21, 2014 11:15 PM

Nov 2013
Cresherhsm said:
pkKodama said:

LOL!

@Pk

Oh and about Netero's fight..

About the first spoiler tag: lol exactly
About the second:
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 22, 2014 12:27 AM
Jun 2013
I'm surprised most people didn't love/like this episode. I mean, Hunter X Hunter to me, is like fine wine. Something you cherish, take little sips of letting it slowly intoxicate your mind with just the simple yet complex taste it exudes.

I mean, if this episode was faster pace, I think it would still be awesome just because of the material. But just slowing it down, letting the narrator slowly tell the story as it advances, taking in the absolutely insanity of it all. While thinking,"Omg, this is brilliant. "

Especially when you realize, all this insanity happened in the gap of mere SECONDS. You know this because God Accomplice can only be held for a minute as of now. Oh, and I just love the Killua scene. Hearing the Narrator explain his thought process, just makes it all the much better than just seeing 2 seconds of squiggly lines representing speed as he kill the two ants. You can actually see the minute the impact of Killua's attack comes into bein as he attack. Simply marvelous.

Gon's look at the end, fantastic. OMG, I'm so fucking hyped right now. I think Shoot was the best part of this episode though. I'm sorry to all you people who wanted to see the action translated into hyperdrive, Bleach like fight scenes. (Which are also cool.)

But this was JUST FUCKING AMAZING, I hope they can do this every episode, since this probably the last arc of Hunter X Hunter ever animated. BEST. EPISODE. EVER!
Jan 22, 2014 12:50 AM
Feb 2013
therapbandit said:
I'm surprised most people didn't love/like this episode. I mean, Hunter X Hunter to me, is like fine wine. Something you cherish, take little sips of letting it slowly intoxicate your mind with just the simple yet complex taste it exudes.

I mean, if this episode was faster pace, I think it would still be awesome just because of the material. But just slowing it down, letting the narrator slowly tell the story as it advances, taking in the absolutely insanity of it all. While thinking,"Omg, this is brilliant. "

Especially when you realize, all this insanity happened in the gap of mere SECONDS. You know this because God Accomplice can only be held for a minute as of now. Oh, and I just love the Killua scene. Hearing the Narrator explain his thought process, just makes it all the much better than just seeing 2 seconds of squiggly lines representing speed as he kill the two ants. You can actually see the minute the impact of Killua's attack comes into bein as he attack. Simply marvelous.

Gon's look at the end, fantastic. OMG, I'm so fucking hyped right now. I think Shoot was the best part of this episode though. I'm sorry to all you people who wanted to see the action translated into hyperdrive, Bleach like fight scenes. (Which are also cool.)

But this was JUST FUCKING AMAZING, I hope they can do this every episode, since this probably the last arc of Hunter X Hunter ever animated. BEST. EPISODE. EVER!

These episodes are rough gems. They lack quality presentation and delivery, but the actual content is good IMO. Even Pouf's scene which many people hates, I find interesting. HxH is one of the very few shounen anime that really bothers to take time and dive deeper into antagonist's personalities regardless of how crazy they are.

Only issue is that they should find a way to speed up the pacing a little, especially the Ikalgo bit and Pouf's. People are too anxious to move on to Gon vs Pitou and King vs Netero.
Jan 22, 2014 12:52 AM

Jul 2013
Judging from the preview, I hope the next episode is three chapters long, and continues with a relatively quick pace from then on.

(Still concerned with the possible budget fiasco as of now..)
Jan 22, 2014 1:34 AM
Sep 2013
therapbandit said:

I mean, if this episode was faster pace, I think it would still be awesome just because of the material. But just slowing it down, letting the narrator slowly tell the story as it advances, taking in the absolutely insanity of it all. While thinking,"Omg, this is brilliant."

Most of us are with you on the effectiveness of the narrations but this episode was definitely not as strong as the last two. Unlike episodes 111 and 112, this episode was poorly paced and it effected the overall flow of the episode.

The dramatic effect brought about by narrations must be matched with proper pacing and timing. When one isn't (pacing or timing) the effect is reduced considerably. All it takes is one horribly paced scene to make that upward spiral of growth of tension lose momentum and begin to fall downwards. So in order for this to work the pacing most be consistently solid, that way the tension would be gradually escalating throughout the entire episode. Since this episode was poorly paced, it didn't cover enough material to please viewers and give them that feeling of satisfaction when it comes to content and the dragged out scenes also hampered any "growing tension" from reaching a point of effectiveness.

If you look at the last two episode threads you'll see a lot of people talking about "how intense things were" and how that "they got the chills". The reason why we barely got any of that this episode was because of the pacing.
CresherhsmJan 22, 2014 4:21 AM
Jan 22, 2014 1:58 AM

Jun 2009
I think the only scene that really hurt the episode was the part with Killua. I just felt they lingered too long on it, but even that scene had a point. Killua could have very well put Ikalgo in danger there as the Wolf (sadly can't remember his name) is now possibly on to him. I also think it is a huge moment for Killua himself as he contradicted what he had warned the other Hunters not to do. So, yeah, I get the emphasis. I just would have shortened it a bit.

Other than that, I really liked the episode. Hell, I even liked Pouf's scene as I said earlier. I think the fact that the time he wasted kind of screwed him over worked in that scenes favor. But, yeah, this episode wasn't quite up to the last couple of weeks.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 22, 2014 2:01 AM
Jun 2012
I'm really trying to wrap my mind around all the complaints towards this episode. I saw it expecting the worst (even though I already know what's going to happen) and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was great.
Maybe it's because I've been waiting so long to see these moments animated, but it was such a treat. If you guys think this is slow, I don't think you'd be able to stomach waiting for a single chapter every week, on top of the ridiculous hiatuses.
So far, the pacing is great, as it was in the manga, but I can understand people being antsy to see the fights happen.
Jan 22, 2014 2:14 AM
Sep 2013
insan3Spectre said:
I think the only scene that really hurt the episode was the part with Killua. I just felt they lingered too long on it, but even that scene had a point.

For the most part yeah but I also had a bit of a problem with Pouf's scene. Then again, my irritation then might have been heightened by my frustration from Killua's scene. If Killua's scene was properly paced and the episode covered more material, I could easily see myself liking this episode a lot (as well as not having a problem with Pouf's scene).
Jan 22, 2014 2:45 AM

Jul 2013
"I'm surprised most people didn't love/like this episode. "

Most people like this episode:
5 out of 5

63.75% : 5/ 5

20.00%: 4 /5
Jan 22, 2014 3:27 AM
Jun 2013
^ I guess you're right. But I feel for the people who rated it a 1 - 3 too. (Ones not trolling atleast). It sucks to have your expectations, and just, overall enjoyment of a series like this ruined. I hope the next episodes kind of blends the slow effects with a much faster pace, and action just so alot more HxH fans can finish the episode with goosebumps, because, I been getting them ever since the invasion started.
Jan 22, 2014 4:14 AM

Jul 2013
^Don't worry. Episode had a lot of highlights and was pretty damn good. Not the best, but pretty great for sure. Don't use the MAL community as a benchmark for quality, haha.

Anyways, highlights for me included the Shoot scenes. To be honest, I know he really has no fans, but I like him as a character. I like the fact that he wasn't a risk taker, and that he always played it safe, but in the end he was able to overcome all that. And his character's personality was portrayed excellently in this fight, because confidence has overwhelmingly positive effects to those who generally lack it.

Morel is that nigga. Love 'em. I have to admit, I didn't like him so much when we first met him at episode 85. I thought he was just going to be some generic meat head. But oddly enough, he's been the one using his wits the most in this ark. He's already fought a couple of squadron leaders and he's tired now from having had no sleep, not physical damage, because he's smart as fuck. Love 'em. Fuck pouf.

Loved Netero's vote of confidence with Gon at the end. Up to this point, it would seem as though Gon has virtually no chance whatsoever at taking on Pitou, so it was amazing to see Netero so amped for Gon to get down to business. He wasn't scared for Gon's life. He just purely, without a shadow of a doubt, beleived in Gon's ability to overcome the impossible.

That's about it. Killua's scene was eh, ok. Pouf's identity crisis wasn't really my style, either.
Jan 22, 2014 5:01 AM
Jan 2014
That stare of Gon. Like it
Jan 22, 2014 5:13 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode. Still, I want fighting now! Haha
Jan 22, 2014 5:24 AM

Sep 2011
When a studio like A-1 skips alot of stuff like in magi you guys say " NOOO THIS IS SHIT " and when madhouse try their best to build up the tension and cover the whole manga you say " NOOO BORING " ... well i got one thing to say to you , EAT SHIT YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS !!

about the episode , omg gon is already showing traces of you know what =D can't wait *o*
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 15, 2013

162 by samagra7 »»
Yesterday, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

933 by LizIsListing »»
Sep 18, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 134 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

329 by Ravin-AnimeList »»
Sep 17, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeGundam - Oct 1, 2011

406 by chris1763 »»
Sep 16, 9:52 PM

» Hunter X Hunter is back (Manga)

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Aug 20

24 by NyxVulcan »»
Sep 13, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.