Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 27, 2013 10:04 AM

Jan 2013
Nice episode especially with the Imouto. She's a cute character who I'd like to see more of.

*rant* I rather not see any more of that effeminate male in this anime. I don't see a reason why he's there perhaps someone can broaden my perspective since I see him as not just disturbing but in the way.
Apr 27, 2013 11:23 AM

Oct 2012
radle said:
Nice episode especially with the Imouto. She's a cute character who I'd like to see more of.

*rant* I rather not see any more of that effeminate male in this anime. I don't see a reason why he's there perhaps someone can broaden my perspective since I see him as not just disturbing but in the way.

Japan is trying to broaden acceptable things, like ugly token brown girls and effeminate males for example.

^ Why isn't this updating...
Apr 27, 2013 12:25 PM
Feb 2013
Wel, well, the sister has arrived, I guess a brocon in inevitable. Looks like Hikki wasn't so bad after all.
Apr 27, 2013 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
Wait, wait. The show is trying to say that those three high school guys wanted to be in Hayama's group so badly that they were willing to spread vicious lies about each other? That doesn't sound like something high school guys do. And to cap it off, the solution was for Hayama to drop out of the group and, presto, everything is magically fixed and the three of them get along perfectly? That makes literally no sense whatsoever. I get that the show only has 20 minutes, but still, jeez.
Apr 27, 2013 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
AsherFischell said:
Wait, wait. The show is trying to say that those three high school guys wanted to be in Hayama's group so badly that they were willing to spread vicious lies about each other? That doesn't sound like something high school guys do. And to cap it off, the solution was for Hayama to drop out of the group and, presto, everything is magically fixed and the three of them get along perfectly? That makes literally no sense whatsoever. I get that the show only has 20 minutes, but still, jeez.

Sounds like what girls do in Real Life,spread bad rumours.And it totally happens in Highschool but the source of a rumour being boys is extremely rare.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 27, 2013 1:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
BloodyNightsky said:
AsherFischell said:

Sounds like what girls do in Real Life,spread bad rumours.And it totally happens in Highschool but the source of a rumour being boys is extremely rare.

Must be Japanese anime boys logic.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 27, 2013 1:11 PM

Jul 2010
Man this series is full of awkward moments. Yet so much is true about the cliques in the class.

Saika is such a trap. Even Hachiman is falling for his faces even though he is straight (presumably).

Hachiman's sister is very clumsy, and I really like her voice(actress). And who is the lila-haired girl at the end?

Apr 27, 2013 1:46 PM

Mar 2011
I hate it when people talk about "so, who are you rooting for?" (A topic I was displeased to see on the subforum).

Why? Because it defeats the whole point of why this is so much better than every other harem rom com based off a light novel with a ridiculously long title. It's because its only under the guise of the harem rom com, introducing elements like the chuunibyou guy and the trap, but it's not actually like the stereotypical harem rom based off a light novel with a ridiculously long title at all.

It's better because it's not really a harem. So far we have two girls and a trap. One of the girls likes him, I don't really understand why, but I'm hoping (and expecting) they'll go to the effort of giving us a proper explanation later. The other girl doesn't, and the trap is a guy.

This isn't a romance (yet) and so asking such questions kinda shows that rather than appreciating the show for what it is, you're instead asking for it to be like every other fucking generic harem rom com based off a light novel with a ridiculously long title EVER.

I want this show to continue to be good so badly.
Apr 27, 2013 2:39 PM

Jun 2012
so hachiman have a friends now? haha
lol when hachiman's respond after look sakai "please cook for me every morning for the rest of my life."
and the teacher is such a badass.
Apr 27, 2013 2:43 PM

Mar 2011
Oh yeh, I forgot. Regarding the beginning of the episode, with the teacher's punches:

Apr 27, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
i love his sister :3
Apr 27, 2013 3:48 PM

Apr 2013
Febrianandya you're going to kill me with that sig with Yusa,it's the only character in Haganai that I adore and I have nothing common with and it didnt had to appear more than once.

@InfiniteRufus: I am annoyed by many things,I am annoyed by Sena's fans even thou' I dont hate the character in particular but her fans make me,for instance.Yukino is very much like Hikki thou' they have difference experiences they seem pretty much the same.Yui is cute,a person like her would change my personality,like for real and she's lovable and great,she's funny and all,just being herself is looking like she's asking for love.But love isnt about logic,watch OreShura(its the ultimate example,in my honest opinion not that I've seen many animes like that one),love beats logic,logic is crushed badly by love so it's pointless to think which one.
In other words that topic is to fufill the curiousity of people and another way to find out why they hope for X character to have a relationship with Y even if they wont end up it's still nice to see how people think,theyr mentality.

P.S: I might sound like a creep but I love to observe peoples mentality,usually it helps me to understand and take an approache on anyone that interests me.
FluffyFleshApr 27, 2013 3:54 PM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 27, 2013 4:45 PM

Feb 2010
InfiniteRufus said:

It's better because it's not really a harem. So far we have two girls and a trap. One of the girls likes him, I don't really understand why, but I'm hoping (and expecting) they'll go to the effort of giving us a proper explanation later.

Because he saved her dog?
Apr 27, 2013 5:09 PM
Mar 2009
Hahaha, Hikki's essay, Shizuka was about to fabulous fist his ass. Seems like Hikki is quite familiar to her attacks though.

Well, they didn't even try to hide that it was Yui's dog that Hikki saved.

OH GOD, A FUJOSHI.

Lol, no Hikki, it's a trap.

I wonder if Hayato actually knows Hikki from before. He's the only one that calls him Hikkitani and is even aware of his existence.

Seems like next episode will be about a loner girl? Loner vs loner?
Apr 27, 2013 5:14 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty good episode, not as much as the previous episode. Still I like where the series is going

InfiniteRufus said:
Oh yeh, I forgot. Regarding the beginning of the episode, with the teacher's punches:

I got the reference, then again I did just rewatched Scryed about a month ago.
Apr 27, 2013 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode, probably the best so far. The comedy was good and Hachiman gets more likeable with each passing minute.
I really, REALLY hope it stays like the way it is and doesn't degrade into yet another harem rom-com.
Apr 27, 2013 6:08 PM

Apr 2013
did anyone notice the detective conan reference too? The door opening was just like the one shown in the anime.
Apr 27, 2013 6:28 PM

Jan 2013
omg I feel that I might be gay for Saika lol
Apr 27, 2013 6:48 PM

Mar 2011
Vanisher said:
InfiniteRufus said:

It's better because it's not really a harem. So far we have two girls and a trap. One of the girls likes him, I don't really understand why, but I'm hoping (and expecting) they'll go to the effort of giving us a proper explanation later.

Because he saved her dog?

Oh crap, I missed that plot point :/
Apr 27, 2013 7:05 PM

Mar 2012
Just now I know how scary fujoshi is. And another girl come to the picture.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 27, 2013 7:37 PM

Sep 2012
I'm really starting to get interested into this anime.
Really love that guy who looks like a girl, Totsuka. Reminds me of that guy who looks like a girl from Steins;Gate.
Apr 27, 2013 7:57 PM
Dec 2011
Voids said:
I'm really starting to get interested into this anime.
Really love that guy who looks like a girl, Totsuka. Reminds me of that guy who looks like a girl from Steins;Gate.

there are many traps out there, beware
Apr 27, 2013 8:00 PM

Feb 2012
Dat trap..

Somebody save me from dat trap! It has to be a Yukimura clone.. it has to be!

D:
Apr 27, 2013 9:57 PM

Mar 2013
Impossible....Saika is way too cute to be a guy.....damn...I wish he'd be like Yukimura from Boku wa Tomodachi....
Hikki is yet again awesome this ep :)
I have a feeling that the girl in the ending is the dog's owner :P
Apr 27, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2011
Am I the only one who caught the CLAMP reference?
Apr 27, 2013 11:14 PM

May 2010
I still can't like the MC but the show is not so bad today
Apr 28, 2013 12:43 AM

Apr 2008
liking this. It's really educational. lol
Apr 28, 2013 3:22 AM

Oct 2012
I can relate myself to Hikki a lot. In fact - he's probably the anime version me, except I don't remember falling inlove with a crossdresser, if i even had one lol.

Little sisters are indeed annoying.
Hm, a new character at the end?
This is probably my favourite this season.

5/5
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 28, 2013 3:25 AM

Jan 2013
"Little sisters are strange indeed.
No matter how cute they are, you just can't feel anything for them.
When I see her underwear, I just think 'Yep, that's 100% cotton'"

That line made my day ^^
Apr 28, 2013 3:46 AM

Dec 2011
dat scryed reference lol

Apr 28, 2013 4:43 AM

Mar 2011
Naoki-Saten said:
"Little sisters are strange indeed.
No matter how cute they are, you just can't feel anything for them.
When I see her underwear, I just think 'Yep, that's 100% cotton'"

That line made my day ^^

That's so true, although how does he know the cotton content so well?
Apr 28, 2013 5:26 AM
Aug 2012
InfiniteRufus said:

There is no word about cotton in original line, it is more like 'I see no more than piece of cloth'
Apr 28, 2013 6:05 AM

Jul 2010
THAT EXPLOSIVE PUNCH.
Apr 28, 2013 6:18 AM

Mar 2013
Saika is so cute that I didn't bother when hachiman confess to him by reflex, I would do the same LOL
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Apr 28, 2013 7:57 AM

Mar 2011
moyang said:
InfiniteRufus said:

There is no word about cotton in original line, it is more like 'I see no more than piece of cloth'

And there I was thinking he had an incredible eye for textiles.
Apr 28, 2013 11:06 AM

Apr 2013
The Zone made this the best episode yet.
Apr 28, 2013 1:01 PM
Aug 2011
This anime is really getting better and better !
Apr 28, 2013 5:51 PM

Sep 2012
WOAH

An annoying little sister character who is treated like an actual annoying little sister, and not some creepy fetishized sex fantasy? WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?? God I love this show.

Teacher is kind of annoying. I doubt any teacher would still have their job after punching students on a daily basis. Meh, whatever.

The end of this episode was bittersweet for me. I liked that he was making guy friends, but then it was kind of depressing that in the end, he was just another third wheel discarded off to the side. But hey, it's only the fourth episode, so expecting major developments this early is kind of ridiculous. Does anybody know how many episodes there's gonna be?

They're walking on dangerous lines though having whatsherface red-head obviously have a crush on him. And he doesn't know it, and then goes talking about how interaction is 70% gestures and nonverbal cues.

Although, he doesn't expect anybody to actually like him, and he's never had anybody actually like him.. so maybe it isn't that strange that he doesn't notice.

And LOL they're teasing with that trap, making Hachiman blush and get all flustered haha
Apr 28, 2013 6:02 PM

Dec 2012
Red_Keys said:

Although, he doesn't expect anybody to actually like him, and he's never had anybody actually like him.. so maybe it isn't that strange that he doesn't notice.

Not to mention the fact that he has a poor history of interpreting whether or not if a girl likes him.
Apr 28, 2013 6:21 PM

Feb 2013
I didnt enjoy this episode as much as the previous ones, but did still enjoy it, my favorite parts were at the beginning with Hikki's sister and when Yui failed at gathering info.
[/url]
Apr 28, 2013 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
hmm....what was that silver hair girl holding at the end of the show?....im pretty sure it wasnt a phone...looked more like a lighter or something
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 28, 2013 9:01 PM

May 2012
He might be a girl after all, I mean look at Yuki and who the fuck is that at the end? Interesting.
Apr 29, 2013 12:27 AM

Nov 2008
Best anime of the season hands down no contest
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Apr 29, 2013 12:28 AM

Nov 2008
Best anime of the season, hands down, no contest. It has the potential to give the feel of Toradora a run for it's money.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Apr 29, 2013 1:03 AM

Sep 2011
Best episode so far if you ask me.
Apr 29, 2013 1:36 AM

Jan 2013
We are blessed with many great animes this season.
Apr 29, 2013 6:29 AM

Oct 2012
Lol @ Te-hee, like brother like sister
The Zone, well that's best imagination in this ep..
Sadist Yukino, I guess?
I spotted the "Fujoshi"
That "Please make me miso soup every morning forever" XD
Hachiman 3x = *Fainted

My conclusion: Hachiman, he's cool enough so he don't need many friends ^^

HerosLight said:
Favorite parts has to be Hachiman's sister scene, Hachiman's conversation with Totsuka, and this part:

It's funny because Totsuka and Neko (K) voiced by same seiyuu XD
"Signature removed"
Apr 29, 2013 8:41 AM
Mar 2010
Saika.....<3 Please, please, PLEASE STAY A BOY! I don't want him to say after like five episodes 'Oh, actually, I'm a girl!' NO I DON'T WANT THAT. He's so cute. <3 Such a sweet little shota.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 29, 2013 7:26 PM

Jul 2012
s-CRY-ed refrences, haha hell yea

Apr 29, 2013 9:29 PM

Jan 2013
I approve of Hachiman and Totsuka pairing!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

424 by NiftyGretel »»
Jun 6, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

562 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2013

437 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

285 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

336 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 2:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.