Forum Settings
Forums

Girls und Panzer Goes on Hiatus Until March

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 17, 2012 11:03 AM

Mar 2012
postponed til March? wtf?!
Dec 17, 2012 1:32 PM

Oct 2009
What happened, Japan !?
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 17, 2012 3:50 PM

Aug 2011
I have no objection.
If they want to delay the ending to make sure that the ending is as satisfactory as possible then so be it.

Besides, they won't leave us with the cliffhanger for the whole 3 months.

It sold unexpectedly well and the ending was probably made as if they wouldn't have a second season.
Which may be likely due to this happening.
Dec 18, 2012 4:30 PM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Not sure how you got the idea that they feel ashamed of low quality. From the announcement, the feeling I got is that they decided to boost up the number of cuts and this contributes to a lot to delay. It is not as if they have something already and feel ashamed of its quality as the animation of those episodes are probably not yet completed. What I got is that they want to make the quality even better and this causes the problem of not being able to meet the deadline (and indeed this points to some serious issue with the resource management and how the desire to create the best output be balanced with the resource constraint).
I must have misunderstood your post about ep10 earlier in this thread. After watching the episode I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe I didn't notice some QUALITY (okay, tank in the beginning was definitely too slim) because I had so much fun? Really great episode, the best so far, made me love the ending. A little late in the season but it still counts as achievement! ^^
Dec 18, 2012 10:27 PM

Oct 2011
argh..... will be waiting for until march.... =.=
Dec 18, 2012 11:58 PM

Jul 2009
They're pulling a SHAFT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2012 3:53 AM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
After watching the episode I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe I didn't notice some QUALITY (okay, tank in the beginning was definitely too slim) because I had so much fun? Really great episode, the best so far, made me love the ending. A little late in the season but it still counts as achievement! ^^
If you go to the thread where we discuss the ep.10 of Girls und Panzer I have posted a few examples of what fans found in terms of animation quality issues there. But then I would say that it is more like the perfectionism and modesty of the director than a really serious drop in quality that would make you demand explanation.

If you are too busy to check that thread, I can give you one example: the katsu sandwich definitely looks incomplete.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 19, 2012 12:13 PM

Nov 2009
I heard that a second season for Girls und Panzer was greenlit, I don't know if it's true but if it is, then that would make sense for postponing the last two episodes this far.

I can already imagine them redoing the entire match to leave room for season two
Dec 19, 2012 4:13 PM

Feb 2012
MagicFlier said:
I heard that a second season for Girls und Panzer was greenlit, I don't know if it's true but if it is, then that would make sense for postponing the last two episodes this far.

I can already imagine them redoing the entire match to leave room for season two

If it really is, then I see the point why it is delayed :D
Dec 22, 2012 1:46 AM
Jan 2011
It looks like that hiatus for "Madoka Magika", with the difference of this one being on purpouse.

Why do amazing and surprising series go on hiatus?
Dec 22, 2012 5:45 AM

Jan 2011
Really watched this series because I wanted to see the both sisters face off on the battlefield...and now i gotta wait 3 months...fuck that.
Dec 22, 2012 8:04 AM

Oct 2007
messedup said:
Really watched this series because I wanted to see the both sisters face off on the battlefield...and now i gotta wait 3 months...fuck that.
You always have Saki with superior sisters. Thing is, you'll have to wait ~three years for their match.
Dec 22, 2012 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
Progeusz said:
messedup said:
You always have Saki with superior sisters. Thing is, you'll have to wait ~three years for their match.

Longer than that, they won't play against each-other until the individuals. I give it 5~ years, and even then I'm optimistic.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 22, 2012 8:23 AM

Oct 2007
I meant manga and was very optimistic. If Ritz stopped taking breaks she should be able to finish Team Tournament in 2014 and we would get Saki vs Teru in individuals at the end of 2015.
Dec 22, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
Progeusz said:
I meant manga and was very optimistic. If Ritz stopped taking breaks she should be able to finish Team Tournament in 2014 and we would get Saki vs Teru in individuals at the end of 2015.

I was also talking about the manga, and I doubt ritz will stop taking breaks. She has to do 'research' afterall.

Dec 22, 2012 8:31 AM

Oct 2007
rederoin said:
I was also talking about the manga, and I doubt ritz will stop taking breaks. She has to do 'research' afterall.
Yeah, you're right. It would be possible if she let Igarashi help her a bit with drawing but considering how Ritz almost missed the deadline this month because she was too caught up with toning Nodoka's boobs... I doubt she would let someone take care of any part of Saki.
Dec 30, 2012 9:18 AM
Nov 2009
Ah, I see...oh well, I'll wait till march.

Just watched Episode 10 and the last part was lol-worthy. xD
Dec 30, 2012 11:39 PM
Jun 2011
Progeusz said:
rederoin said:
Yeah, you're right. It would be possible if she let Igarashi help her a bit with drawing but considering how Ritz almost missed the deadline this month because she was too caught up with toning Nodoka's boobs... I doubt she would let someone take care of any part of Saki.
actully in saki we close to the end of the semi finals of the netionals so we will see saki and teru will face each other soon and ritz not take breaks in the manga saki chapters alweys out after one month
Dec 31, 2012 4:12 AM

Nov 2011
elior1 said:
Progeusz said:
rederoin said:
actully in saki we close to the end of the semi finals of the netionals so we will see saki and teru will face each other soon and ritz not take breaks in the manga saki chapters alweys out after one month

They just started the vanguard match, they are far from close to the end.

Dec 31, 2012 5:30 AM

Jan 2012
Looks like Bones created a trend after pullin the same kind of shit with E7 AO
Dec 31, 2012 10:20 AM

Oct 2007
elior1 said:
Progeusz said:
rederoin said:
I just looked carefully at manga and have to admit I was definiely too optimistic earlier. Quarterfinal match alone took 31 chapters. Semifinal should be similar, same with final. If you add in some SoL/comedy breathers or analyzing past and future matches etc. you will see there's no chance of Individuals starting in 2014. I'm not even sure about 2015.
Dec 31, 2012 2:43 PM
Jun 2011
Progeusz said:
elior1 said:
Progeusz said:
rederoin said:
I just looked carefully at manga and have to admit I was definiely too optimistic earlier. Quarterfinal match alone took 31 chapters. Semifinal should be similar, same with final. If you add in some SoL/comedy breathers or analyzing past and future matches etc. you will see there's no chance of Individuals starting in 2014. I'm not even sure about 2015.
the suprise is that unlike the original saki. the episode of a is moving much faster since it was not take them alot of chapters to reach the captian match even with the flashbacks so i think since each chapter of achiga hen have lot of pages it will spoil to us soon somthing about the original manga next chapters
Dec 31, 2012 3:36 PM

Oct 2007
I'm sure it won't. Achiga-hen will most likely end with final match and Igarashi will move on to draw different manga. Hopefully pro spin-off. I want more of Wakanne. I want more of Hayarin. I'm going to get more of Risa in original manga but it won't satisfy my needs.
Achiga is just side story to provide info about other side of tournament. If Saki was created by someone other than Ritz, Side A manga&anime wouldn't even exist.
Dec 31, 2012 4:57 PM

Nov 2011
elior1 said:
the suprise is that unlike the original saki. the episode of a is moving much faster since it was not take them alot of chapters to reach the captian match even with the flashbacks so i think since each chapter of achiga hen have lot of pages it will spoil to us soon somthing about the original manga next chapters

Achiga-hen won't cover the finals, the main manga will.

And Saki & Teru won't face eachother untill the individuals(tacos will face teru in the finals)

Jan 1, 2013 6:38 PM
Jan 2013
i heard that making anime for tv is stressful. they pretty much finish the ep like 30 mins b4 it airs
my guess is they burned out because of christmas made mistakes or somone may have even become sick from overwork wich may explain the the long delay
i love anime you will never find me whining because of a recap episode :) do u realise if u have a weekly spot on tv anywhere missing an episode is the fastest way to get canned or lose veiwers. if u see a recap ep u should be thankful they are airing somthing and keeping the show alive.
Jan 2, 2013 6:14 AM

Dec 2012
Aww i did'nt know about this. I was looking forward to watching episode 1. I'm still gonna watch episode 1 and wait for the remaining episodes since the summary of this anime sounds good.
Jan 4, 2013 3:07 PM

Jan 2012
wow that a really long time and at a really weird time
Jan 5, 2013 4:56 AM

Nov 2008
Okay seriously!!! I let it past when Puella Magi Madoka Magica's last 2 episodes because of the tsunami now Girls und Panzer's last 2 episodes are also in haitus for so long... whyyyyyyy -otl-

oh well enough whining, gotta wait no matter what. ;_;

Deliveries
Kannazuki no Miko
Chikane & Himeko

Jan 10, 2013 12:54 AM
Jan 2013
Yeah this upsets me a little. One of the better amines I've watched in years. I say the company dishes a beach fan service video to make up for the long wait.
Jan 10, 2013 1:45 AM

Sep 2012
NightHawk673 said:
Yeah this upsets me a little. One of the better amines I've watched in years. I say the company dishes a beach fan service video to make up for the long wait.

Umm. Not sure if you are being sarcastic but...

Water Wars OVA on disc one is a beach episode.
Jan 10, 2013 4:51 AM

Sep 2012
NightHawk673 said:
You mean you want them to release a beach video to make up for the long wait? Or you have seen a beach video and thought it is an attempt to make up for the long wait?

Anyway, there is indeed a beach video released last month but that is an extra that comes as part of the package for the BD/DVD volume 1 that was released last month (and has been out of stock everywhere since). The plan is to make an original video for each BD/DVD volume to entice people to buy the discs. It has long been in the plan before the hiatus announcement, so if you meant to say that video is an attempt by the studio to appease fans for their long wait, that is not true.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 10, 2013 9:33 AM
Jan 2013
March!! Is like a Death March! Dante-na!! huehuehue
Jan 10, 2013 5:16 PM
Jan 2013
symbv said:
NightHawk673 said:
You mean you want them to release a beach video to make up for the long wait? Or you have seen a beach video and thought it is an attempt to make up for the long wait?

Anyway, there is indeed a beach video released last month but that is an extra that comes as part of the package for the BD/DVD volume 1 that was released last month (and has been out of stock everywhere since). The plan is to make an original video for each BD/DVD volume to entice people to buy the discs. It has long been in the plan before the hiatus announcement, so if you meant to say that video is an attempt by the studio to appease fans for their long wait, that is not true.

Yeah, sorry. I meant release one for the long wait. Wasn't aware that they had an Iva already but for DVD only sucks. They need an ova that isn't DVD only.
Jan 16, 2013 5:20 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
March o.O
Jan 16, 2013 5:48 AM

Jun 2008
I guess i made a good choice not watching this show while ongoing.
Jan 20, 2013 12:06 PM
Feb 2012
I-Is it March already? ._.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 22, 2013 8:06 PM

Jul 2012
shit. just what i needed. i freakin' thought this was over, but when I wanted to update MAL it says there's 12 ep of the main series despite the two .5 ... derp
Jan 23, 2013 12:41 PM

Oct 2012
That sucks, well time to watch what we do have so far.

Jan 26, 2013 6:18 AM

Mar 2011
this sucks, than why they release the DVD box without the ending. i already bought one......:<

DVD BOX ep 1-10 sp 2 episode 5.5 & 10.5
Jan 26, 2013 7:41 AM

Sep 2012
axzie said:
this sucks, than why they release the DVD box without the ending. i already bought one......:<

Must be a bootleg. Only the first disc with episodes 1-2 has been released.
Jan 26, 2013 8:11 AM

Mar 2011
hpulley said:
axzie said:

hpulley said:
axzie said:

It printed 1-13 END at the box.
Jan 26, 2013 8:14 AM

May 2012
*sigh*
too late ~
Jan 26, 2013 8:17 AM

Apr 2010
axzie said:
It printed 1-13 END at the box.

Its a bootleg. Only the first 2 episodes have been released.

Jan 26, 2013 8:17 AM
Jan 2013
I think there will be a season two of Girls und Panzer starting off where season one ended. Just an guess since their taking months just to release episodes.
Feb 2, 2013 7:49 PM

Sep 2012
I posted some news about Episode 11 in the Girls und Panzer anime section here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=553879

Take a look if you are interested. Leave a message in that thread to keep GnP section bumped up in the Anime Series board. Hopefully more people may click into it then.

I left a message in the Girls und Panzer Fanclub earlier but so far attracted no traffic there, so I am trying it here.

Feb 2, 2013 11:28 PM

Dec 2011
Flack118 said:
I think there will be a season two of Girls und Panzer starting off where season one ended. Just an guess since their taking months just to release episodes.

What so are you saying that the delay is so that they can rewrite the last two episodes in order to make a sequel possible?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Original TV Anime 'Prinsession Orchestra' Announced for 2025

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

4 by RobertBobert »»
33 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Unveils Additional Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

1 by Ionliosite2 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets Second Anime Season

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

21 by Playcool »»
2 hours ago

» Studio Bind Adapts 'Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Jun 12

49 by Playcool »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo' Season 2 Reveals Additional Cast, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Jun 8

14 by jorel262 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.