Forum Settings
Forums

Dunning-kruger effect have ruined anime community.

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 10, 10:53 PM

Oct 2019
How bold of you to assume that everyone has the reading comprehension of a toddler.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 11:31 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to ComboSmooth
How can you be sure that you're not at the peak of the dunning kruger yourself
@ComboSmooth I mean....He didn't even spell "dunning-kruger" right in his own title and has yet to notice and change it.
Oct 11, 1:03 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to TheMechaManiac
@traed My posts have some sincerity in that the furthest right in the graph (which is the only correct thing in OP's post, btw) are also universally the best anime fans. But seriously, people who care about the popularity (or lack thereof) of an anime, or need some random "review" or YouTube essay to "verify" their opinion about an anime are the biggest loser. Not normie enough to just let the online hype carry them, not enlightened enough to just roll with what they like and not care about others.
@TheMechaManiac
I mean you tried to apply a political black and white thinking that just doesn't match up well with the real nuances of reality. Everything you described is across the full range and the left right dynamic is really too simplistic to begin with anyway. What you now describe here is something else, more a weird trend how social media is effecting how some people are acting just different sites and subgroups within them are effecting different people to be pushed different directions all while thinking they are somehow free from this influence, it isnt a political thing.
Oct 11, 6:17 AM

Jan 2021
Peak of mount stupid is like 'Sword art online is the greatest anime ever' when it the only show you've seen. You assume knowledge of something, that you are a peer with no equal. A person recommends a show and you refuse because you have great taste, you've watched 'Naruto' and only 'Naruto the best anime ever made'.

I'd imagine the Valley of Despair might be the 'Boroto' anime, where fans of a series are confronted with the notion that they might not have known.

Slope of Enlightenment is likely when someone starts watching more anime, getting comfortable in not knowing everything.

Plateau of Enlightenment would be an acceptance you've matured you taste and you are never truly all knowing, rather content to learn as you continue to explore anime as a whole.
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Oct 11, 10:25 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to FanofAction
@ComboSmooth I mean....He didn't even spell "dunning-kruger" right in his own title and has yet to notice and change it.
@FanofAction

Or he did that on purpose to bait people like yourself. IT's just a thought.
Oct 11, 11:04 AM

Jun 2024
I can't believe MAL is free. Usually you have to pay money to be this entertained.
Oct 11, 11:57 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
You need to start somewhere if you're going to get better at it, so you shouldn't be too quick to critique someone, but the person shouldn't feign knowledge to impress. An issue with a lot of modern discourse is an obsession with scores/favorites/taste and an incentive to clickbait/drag on/meme to get attention. The analysis I am primarily interested in is either from people I know, trying to understand something that was unclear to me, or those who have done research and have some interesting insight to share.
Oct 11, 1:17 PM

Dec 2020
Nah, low level bait.
Still kinda funny tho,
And here I thought Mal got boring Lmao.

Oct 11, 3:18 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to traed
@TheMechaManiac
I mean you tried to apply a political black and white thinking that just doesn't match up well with the real nuances of reality. Everything you described is across the full range and the left right dynamic is really too simplistic to begin with anyway. What you now describe here is something else, more a weird trend how social media is effecting how some people are acting just different sites and subgroups within them are effecting different people to be pushed different directions all while thinking they are somehow free from this influence, it isnt a political thing.
@traed where did you get the politics from? I was using the term "right" as in "right hand side", not as "right wing". I was referring to OP's graph.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Oct 11, 5:19 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to TheMechaManiac
@traed where did you get the politics from? I was using the term "right" as in "right hand side", not as "right wing". I was referring to OP's graph.
@TheMechaManiac
Ohhh i see. My bad. Just it very closely matched the views some people have so it was easy to misinterpret lol. I kind of ignored the image a bit since I feel a visual graph in that form the visual elements kind of distract from what the two axises are and wrongly make it seem like a progression in time. Also people who are more competent also can under estimate or overestimate themselves because it isnt something that applies evenly to people which you can't really tell from the graph plotting.
Oct 11, 6:51 PM
Aug 2013
As someone who used to actually do animation and currently still write books.... it's not dunning krueger effect that's what i've put hours into learning and perfecting. I know what's good and bad it's not dunning krueger effect, just saying. I analyse anime and I can say I do a very good non biased job of that, by using objective criteria. And since writing and animation are both things i'm trained at I can use my knowledge to judge these things
~AnimeDownUnder~

Yesterday, 8:17 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to AnimeDownUnder
As someone who used to actually do animation and currently still write books.... it's not dunning krueger effect that's what i've put hours into learning and perfecting. I know what's good and bad it's not dunning krueger effect, just saying. I analyse anime and I can say I do a very good non biased job of that, by using objective criteria. And since writing and animation are both things i'm trained at I can use my knowledge to judge these things
@AnimeDownUnder Is this bait?

This has to be bait.

Believing your opinion on an artistic subject is "objective" because you have some experience about it would be peak dunning kruger tbh. Animation is debatable, there are a few technical aspects that can be objectively measured (emphasis on "a few"), but with writing?
Your opinion can 100% be more valid and educated than a random's opinion. There's enough anime fans who are absolutely clueless about animation to prove all opinions are not equal. But saying you're "non-biased" on an artistic subject is wild.
DeathkoYesterday, 8:22 AM
7 hours ago
Aug 2013
Reply to Deathko
@AnimeDownUnder Is this bait?

This has to be bait.

Believing your opinion on an artistic subject is "objective" because you have some experience about it would be peak dunning kruger tbh. Animation is debatable, there are a few technical aspects that can be objectively measured (emphasis on "a few"), but with writing?
Your opinion can 100% be more valid and educated than a random's opinion. There's enough anime fans who are absolutely clueless about animation to prove all opinions are not equal. But saying you're "non-biased" on an artistic subject is wild.
@Deathko Disagree, maybe you have dunning krueger... Are you saying there isn't defining factors that make animation good and bad?? hmm you must be trolling if you seriously think that there isn't proper fundamentals to these things. Story writing definitely has structure and certain basics and fundamentals which shouldn't be ignored..... That's like saying you can build a house without the fundamentals and it's still a good house, no you've built a house that's built wrong and not to code which will most likely end up being a disaster in the making. Don't even associate my objective reviews as something subjective.

Mate I strongly suggest you educate yourself on the fundamentals of writing and how to structure story properly...until then your opinion is invalid since you just proved you didn't even know story writing basics

You're basically also saying art doesn't have fundamentals either... even painting has basics and techniques. Calling something art doesn't make it excusable to do whatever you want then pass it off as good
AnimeDownUnder6 hours ago
~AnimeDownUnder~

5 hours ago

Sep 2016
Reply to AnimeDownUnder
AnimeDownUnder said:
objective criteria

"objective" criteria, invented by people based on their opinions xD
4 hours ago
Aug 2013
Reply to Zarutaku
AnimeDownUnder said:
objective criteria

@Zarutaku No, objective criteria is all the building blocks of anime and manga.... Liking or disliking something is about the only subjective part besides maybe art styles or sensitive topics you may find triggering. And i'm not talking about those subjective things...
~AnimeDownUnder~

4 hours ago
Aug 2013
Reply to Zarutaku
AnimeDownUnder said:
objective criteria

@Zarutaku No, objective criteria is all the building blocks of anime and manga.... Liking or disliking something is about the only subjective part besides maybe art styles or sensitive topics you may find triggering. And i'm not talking about those subjective things...
~AnimeDownUnder~

2 hours ago

Jan 2023
I have 15 days watched of anime, AMA and I will give you a better analysis than OP
ぴいちくぱあちく ぴいちくぱあちく
ぴいちくぱあちく うるさいっ!!
2 hours ago

Aug 2014
OP's post gave me cancer
looooooooooooooooooooooooool
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Have your experienced an anime season which not even a single anime interest you? What do you do when that happens?

Rinrinka - 45 minutes ago

11 by Notoshin »»
3 minutes ago

» Comment characters YOU THINK would be good lesbian / gay pairings (CAN BE FROM SEPARATE SERIES)

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

12 by WaterMage »»
9 minutes ago

» Your waifu has small tits, how do you cope?

Catalano - 1 hour ago

18 by ArabianLuffy »»
9 minutes ago

» Silly anime subbers

Ezekiel - Dec 23, 2020

24 by 23feanor »»
26 minutes ago

» why are women being so unseen as audience ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Oct 13

149 by LenRea »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.