Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 31, 5:07 AM
May 2023
CarbonMD said:
Hated it. I cannot accept Brain x Fuka. It has to be Brain x Mimimi. She's like a perfect girl. Fuka stinks. Tomozaki is a baka, as Mimimi says.

1/10.

agree with you, as a couple they suck. Poor Mimimi...
Mar 31, 9:31 AM

Mar 2018
wow the play was actually fuuka who would have known!!! there are so many other ways to show symbolism than just making half the arc about the play's contents. we've followed the creation of the play from script making to performance, yet it feels like we are so isolated from actually being involved. They spent more time discussing the symbolism than creating any actual meaningful connections with the audience, and it just seems like a waste.

fall off of tomozaki s1 -> s2 has to be studied.
Mar 31, 12:21 PM
Mar 2024
decent ending, makes sense, overall not bad, but not as good as I thought it would be. tons of emphasis on the play (while I understand the parallel to the story) was kinda meh imo. 7/10 show imo.
Mar 31, 3:49 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to tmunee
lost its entire emotional connection, plot direction, character development, and overriding concept to become a harem trope anime where the character - AS ALWAYS - picks the most bland, unoriginal, soulless and mindless peon of a choice.
@tmunee at least sometimes the "bad" choice makes sense. This just makes zero sense given who tomozaki was and what a girl confessing should make him feel like. Also the fact he had great chemistry with her. He is building that with Fuuka but it makes no sense when he is beside Minami
Mar 31, 7:29 PM

Aug 2017
Reply to Vibe279
CarbonMD said:
Hated it. I cannot accept Brain x Fuka. It has to be Brain x Mimimi. She's like a perfect girl. Fuka stinks. Tomozaki is a baka, as Mimimi says.

1/10.

agree with you, as a couple they suck. Poor Mimimi...
I never read manga, but I read the Mimimi spinoff the other day. Unsatisfying. This was one of the worst losses for a girl I have seen in anime.
Apr 1, 2:55 AM
Nov 2020
Mimimi should have won
Apr 1, 10:33 AM

Apr 2015
I knew Mimi would lose, but still sad.

But I think Fuka for Tomozaki is way better.
Also I can't believe how low is the score, I think this season was way better than S10 and love the play. People just got mad because their waifu lose lol
Apr 1, 6:16 PM
Apr 2014
Best ending possible, although I do feel bad for (no spoilers) the girl that didn't win.

Apr 2, 10:35 AM
Feb 2021
nah i dont give a single shit if this shitshow did something good or not, not picking mimi just made me hate this season

kikuchi's entire personality is that she reads

thats it

all of her other qualities stem from the fact that she reads

absolute crapbag of a character
Apr 4, 10:19 AM
Mar 2013
it was a pretty good conclusion overall. I like Mimimi more but Fuka was expected to be the one, from the start she had most chemistry with him so it wasn't a forced route. that being said I wish they didn't make Mimimi instantly support them and go out of her way to bring them together, I hate that trope it's so common in romance anime, let the underdog have some time to heal first before rubbing it in her face.
Chigo_SenseiApr 4, 10:22 AM
Apr 5, 1:42 AM

Feb 2019
Not the ending I thought we'd get. And to be honest, I'm slightly disappointed. I prefer Mimimi by far, but the endgame for me is probably Aoi. She has a special relationship with Tomozaki. And out of the three girls, I think Fuka is the least interesting. I'm not sure how the original source plans to go with this. Do they stay together until the end? Do they break up and Tomozaki gets together with Aoi? I still think the endgame is Aoi.

Maybe I'll pick up the original source to find out.

But anyway, this series gets a 7/10 from me.
Apr 5, 3:40 PM

Jan 2021
fucking sad time for me

Apr 6, 1:07 PM
Feb 2024
I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this final episode, it was quite boring in some parts and I would have liked to see more of the relationship between Tomozaki and Kikuchi so Icould really decide if the choice of put them together is a nice one or a bad one. And the past of Aoi is still a mystery, I hope that in the next season I had the answers on these questions... this final seems a little bit too vague and unclosed, I really don't know
Apr 7, 3:08 PM

Jan 2008
Tomozaki has come a long way, going from an aimless nobody, then following a goal-oriented approach to life being carried away by the waves, to rejecting that shallowness and now only doing it if it aligns with how he truly feels is right according to his morals. Instead of going with the flow, he now makes his own waves that affect everyone around him. He's even grown the balls to confess his love for Kikuchi without hesitation.

Kikuchi really can see through other people, having a better grasp than others, if she was able to see something hollow behind Hinami's mask. It makes sense for why she would try to put Tomozaki and Hinami together at first, even willing to sacrifice her own feelings for him.

Sucks for Minami...always 2nd fiddle. I would have chosen her if I were in Tomozaki's shoes. She was also the first to confess their love after all. She deserves to be special too!

I hope this gets another season that delves deeper into Hinami's character and past, like what the deal was with her sister(s).
Estoy_GordoApr 7, 3:11 PM
Apr 8, 2:31 PM
I like water

Feb 2020
First of all I would like to know if there will be a 3rd season, I think so, but I'm not sure. I don't agree with Fuuka being the one chosen by MC. I'm team Minami, but I think there would be more story if the main character would have chosen Aoi, even if she's not my favorite character. Aoi definitely has a lot of history behind her, history that could be put to better use if Fuuka was not chosen. During the first few episodes of this season Fuuka had not appeared until the Bullying arc against Hanabi, it is unfair that she is the victorious.
Apr 9, 7:02 PM
Feb 2024
i thought he had feelings for hinami.
Apr 10, 7:46 PM
Nov 2023
I'll never understand the Japanese writer's ability to write the very best girls, but yet are completely unable to capitalize on them. You'd think they'd just luck into it at least some of the time, but naw. Every single time. It's impressive, and I totally understand why Japanese people spend 20 hours everyday day at the office. I would too if Fuuka was waiting for me at home. 2/10 season, I can't wait until the story finishes so I can just spoil myself and be done with it all. I'm going to just pretend Aoi tackled Tomozaki onto the train tracks in season 1 after he rejected her ideals. I'd rather have had this series end in a murder-suicide, rather than have my expectations for the writing be smashed so thoroughly. Future mangakas, do us all a favor and just get good. Please, ffs.

Anyway, art was good this season.
Apr 11, 5:27 AM

Apr 2021
I’m feel bad about Minami, I think she is the better choice, so I’m still team Minami. 😂
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 12, 12:09 AM
Mar 2024
It should have been Minami :( Bad ending
Apr 12, 12:10 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to tmunee
lost its entire emotional connection, plot direction, character development, and overriding concept to become a harem trope anime where the character - AS ALWAYS - picks the most bland, unoriginal, soulless and mindless peon of a choice.
@tmunee i love your opinion
Apr 12, 12:10 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to dragynfaerie
Brain just ran off leaving Mimimi in tears w/o even acknowledging what it took for her to come to him. Shit move. I always thought Mimimi was a better friend than he deserved.

I didn't particularly like this season. The last few episodes failed to keep my attention for the most part. I really thought it was going to get interesting after Mizusawa (I think it was him) basically stated he knew Hinami wasn't how everyone thought she was and after the whole thing with Tama. I hoped he'd realize he didn't need Hinami and call an end to her assignments or the class would recognize she was a liar. What was the point in finding out she lied about having a sister and then drop it? Many aspects of Jaku chara remind me of Nobuta wo Produce except the class puppet master and the Mimimi type character are males and the project is female.
@dragynfaerie real, he should have dated her ffs
Apr 12, 12:11 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to KyoyaTempest
bro chose the most boring one 💀
6/10
@KyoyaTempest fr
Apr 12, 12:11 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Shingster
Yuzu was the perfect choice for the narrator. The play was perfect in every way and quite entertaining. That scene where Mimimi confronts Tomo and pushes him to see Fuka must have took guts. But at last Tomo finally popped the question. Overall an excellent finale to conclude this season with. This season is defo one of the highlights of this season.
@Shingster no, he should have dated minami
Apr 12, 12:13 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Meta-Chronix
@Zocca05 I think you may have misunderstood what the author was going for then. I figured it was obvious that he would choose Kikuchi.
@Meta-Chronix still doesnt change that i wanted it to be minami
Apr 12, 9:13 AM
May 2020
damn, ionno how to feel. did tomozaki make the right decision?
Apr 12, 5:51 PM
Nov 2020
NEED S3 RN BRUH COME ON announcement THE S3!!!!
Apr 12, 5:52 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to Komlan_6
damn, ionno how to feel. did tomozaki make the right decision?
@Komlan_6 i dont think they will always together at the end remember the heroine is Hinami Aoi not Fuuka so i think thats possible their will broke up.
Apr 12, 5:55 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to T1ev
@T1ev yo come on dont be like. Thats so rude and i think they will not being together at the end because she even not the main heroine in this series and Hinami Aoi is the one main heroine of this series so its possible to their broke up
Apr 13, 4:38 PM
Aug 2018
MIMIMI BEST GIRL !
Apr 13, 8:37 PM
Oct 2021
Ngl I didn’t like the ending best girl lost the I found the play annoying it almost seemed like the author wanted to make a fantasy book but remembered he was making a school anime. The show was good just didn’t lie the last episode
Apr 14, 6:39 AM

Jun 2020
The confession scene was nice, and I like how Mimimi being supportive to Tomozaki. It's ok girl, you deserve better.

Overall, this show is decent. A little bit slow and boring at some parts but still tolerable. I'm more invested with the script that Kikuchi's made more than the actual anime story though.
Apr 14, 10:55 AM
Aug 2016
worst episode of the series. Really bad the story...
Apr 16, 3:47 AM

May 2011
Şimdi eğlenceli ve hayat dolu Mimimi dururken utangaç Kikuchi'yi seçmesi hoş olmadı. Ama o kadar da sorun değil zaten en başından beri çocuğa karşı hisleri olduğu belliydi anlamıştım onu seçeceğini. En büyük fedakarlığı yine her zamanki gibi Mimimi yaptı gerçekten sevmiş be, yazık oldu kızcağıza. Aoi'yi seçmediğine sevindim çünkü o kız bizim elemana fazla gelirdi efendi köleden başka bir şey olmazdı.

It wasn't nice that he now chose the shy Kikuchi instead of the fun and lively Mimimi. But it's not that big of a problem. It was obvious from the very beginning that she had feelings for the boy, I understood that she would choose him. As always, Mimimi made the biggest sacrifice. She really loved the child, what a shame for the girl. I'm glad you didn't choose Aoi because that girl would be too much for our child, she would be nothing more than a master and a slave.

Apr 16, 8:01 AM

Jan 2017
Honestly thought Tomozaki would snub both Mimimi and Kikuchi lol, so I'm pleasantly surprised he confessed at the end to counter her view on Tomo + Aoi as the "perfect couple"

I dunno how to feel about the 2 arcs that this 2nd Season covered, felt like I'm forcing myself to finish this time around compared to Season 1
Apr 19, 6:57 AM
Apr 2020
good.......................

Apr 19, 7:48 PM
Nov 2018
I enjoyed watching this season but I preferred the first arc than the second one. I was a bit shocked with his choice but in the end, it does not matter whether he choose Mimimi or Kikuchi, the end game is Aoi.

I just hope we get a season 3.
Apr 21, 7:10 PM

Feb 2020
Loved it how Tomozaki's clever intervention saved the day from Kikuchi's misguided idealism.
Apr 24, 5:17 AM
Nov 2021
THE ENDING WAS ASS
Apr 25, 11:50 AM
Aug 2022
bro should have ended up with mimimi or minami not fuka
Apr 28, 5:33 PM

Aug 2012
Marathoned Season 1 and 2 over the last few days, and I'm definitely conflicted and upset by the results. I'll keep reading ahead, but it was my sincere hope that Mimimi wouldn't lose, and it's definitely soured my opinion of an otherwise great series.
Apr 30, 1:08 PM

Jun 2013
Woah that was totally a let down. 13 episodes and only, like what, two events happened? Konno the bully gets bullied and culture festival stuff.

Also god damn I kinda figured it out Tomozaki will go for Fuka but... His chemistry, interactions with Mimimi were much, MUCH better. Writer could go with Tomozaki wanting to help Mimimi for getting over her "always being the second" syndrome and he could choose her but nope, boring girl it is. But if the writer's endgame is "Tomozaki and Aoi ending up together", maybe it's for the best. I don't wanna see Mimimi losing to Aoi once again, nope nope nope. She's too precious.

It kinda started out interesting with the Konno stuff but even that dragged out way too long. It definitely felt like a filler season besides the ending, after the first one especially.
May 5, 5:57 AM

Mar 2013
One word: TRASH. 🗑️ 🚮
If feels ungenuine and forced to pick Kikuchi, unless they're trying to prolong this series. Seriously, the 2nd season went and ruined the fun of the 1st season.

From 8★ to 5★.
Quite a forgettable series.
I actually liked OreGaiRu in more ways than one¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠☯⁠෴⁠☯⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯, but ths??? Uhh

Another note: this is about a loser gamer trying to climb-up in society, not a gamer with a high proficiency in readin' a fkn light novel.

Season 1 was definitely lovely in its own way but this 2nd season just didn't give me the thrill it needed to give (except the bit where the two boys goes to Gumi's school festival, that was nice), the rest and most of the adaptation feels wrong and disjointed from an anime-only perspective.
CrazyButNot4UMay 5, 3:19 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 16, 2:07 PM

Mar 2013
Season 3 never, so Kikuchi win is canon, no question asked.
May 16, 9:50 PM
Aug 2022
what a let down to be honest.
we wanted to see tomizaki & mimimi together but we got the reverse.
May 21, 6:26 PM
Jul 2019
Interesting Fumiya and Fuuka starting dating. Clearly Minami still had feeling for him and Aoi seem to hide her true self. I hope there is more to see seems that way.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3

76 by harman29oct2003 »»
May 22, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Best Girl of both seasons.

Thyriad-oPPailov - Mar 29

22 by Zalistar7 »»
May 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

53 by lasodamos »»
May 5, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

83 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 5, 5:27 AM

» Is Aoi the end game?

Dragevard - Feb 9, 2023

12 by Mreci1 »»
May 4, 12:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.