Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 9, 6:32 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to Ameenzaruba10
Stoopid topic u opened here bro. Just delete it please….
@Ameenzaruba10 "There are two types of lies: Lies that hurt, and lies that don't."
-Itaru Hashida-
Mar 9, 6:34 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to Fireine
@NextUniverse I've already submitted a request to have the biography modified to conform to an official implementation hopefully sourced from MAGES. But regarding 'actual' approval..."No one knows what the future holds.".

If you're going to produce an anime about Science Adventures, you'd better expect actual Scientists (reminiscent of Kyouma or legit people) to get affiliated with the fandom and point things out that seem displaced / interesting. The same can be said about constructing a public facing bio indexed as a top source at G. If a researcher finds something that even 'seems' out of pocket, they're going to say something eventually. If only for the hell of it.
@Fireine
I mean, you are right. That's a good way of thinking and I just did what I could to provide what I could (despite not actively trying). I guess most of this thread would not agree though...
Mar 9, 6:43 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to NextUniverse
@Fireine
I mean, you are right. That's a good way of thinking and I just did what I could to provide what I could (despite not actively trying). I guess most of this thread would not agree though...
@NextUniverse
I mean, you are right. That's a good way of thinking...

Consensus isn't important if the majority denounces the use of reason and/or denounces factual evidence. Your support (as a user w/ approved petitions submitted to MAL mods, amending public facing bio's at top indexed results at G) may imply that at least 'some' of what I'm stating potentially has some truth value.

In any case, we must leave these proceedings up to the mods with respect to refining the bio.
Mar 9, 7:45 PM

Jul 2015
no there aren't any Trans characters in Steins;Gate lmao
Mar 9, 7:50 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to RyuRabbit
@RyuRabbit succinctly prove Kurisu isn't a transgender woman.
Mar 9, 7:51 PM

Jun 2022
@RyuRabbit this makes sense, but there's subtle canon that Kurisu COULD possibly be a transgender woman. As I've previously stated throughout this thread. At least until MAL mods finally correct the public facing, Google indexed (#2) bio at Kurisu at this server.
Mar 9, 8:11 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to RyuRabbit
@RyuRabbit it would appear as though characters at SG are indeed coded as trans girls. which is arguably the same thing as being an 'actual' transgender woman bc the characters are themselves fictional.
Mar 9, 8:13 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to Fireine
@RyuRabbit it would appear as though characters at SG are indeed coded as trans girls. which is arguably the same thing as being an 'actual' transgender woman bc the characters are themselves fictional.
@Fireine idk about that one by that logic all trap characters or femboys in anime must be trans.
Mar 9, 8:33 PM
Mar 2022
top ten troll posts of all time
Mar 9, 9:38 PM

Nov 2021
get off the hard zaza. "as a girl" clearly means she skipped a grade when she was a child. nothing else.
Mar 10, 12:35 AM
Nov 2022

Fandom is just a bunch of missinformation. I saw one Ryuu lion as well. Dunno how this happens but it’s usually about some straight character that isn’t trans said trans thing about. My favorite one being Homura Akemi’s
Buny0058Mar 10, 12:39 AM
Mar 10, 12:45 AM
Nov 2022
Fireine said:
@Adnash I've got no problems with trans people. Just posed a serious question related to a public facing bio at this exact website.

Well it sure does look like you got a problem with them. Your making them look bad.
Mar 10, 12:54 AM
Nov 2022
RyuRabbit said:
@Fireine idk about that one by that logic all trap characters or femboys in anime must be trans.

Which ahem. Thanks for pointing that out bell cranel my boi.

Astolfo is NOT a trans character. He just likes to cosplays for example.

Which i had no clue about for a long time.

Alot of people mistakenly missunderstood that for her being trans. But you gotta watch the franchise first. I thought Homura wasn’t lesbian. But what did i do? Did i keep my believes and deny all evidence or watch Madoka magica and see it for myself? Yes! Absolutely.

Look it’s just that in writting especially. If there was no intention for something then that just means it wasn’t a thing at all. If the author did not think of trans people at all in the story. That just makes trans people nonexistent in the story. And some other cases are intentional. Like how men don’t exist on girls only animes.
Buny0058Mar 10, 1:06 AM
Mar 10, 1:10 AM

Aug 2020
This is a peak topic of all time.

Keep scrolling
Mar 10, 7:14 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to RobertsahDHDA

@RobertsahDHDA you'd be right, because unless MAL mods refine the Google indexed (#2), public facing bio at Kurisu this might as well be canon given the extensive exposure it gets from people typing in "Makise Kurisu" into Google after they watch the anime to get more info on the char.
Mar 10, 7:16 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to RobertsahDHDA

+1

Furthermore, When someone discovers new canon (subtle as it may be) it always attracts substantial public interest if the fandom is large enough.
Mar 10, 7:21 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Buny0058
Fireine said:
@Adnash I've got no problems with trans people. Just posed a serious question related to a public facing bio at this exact website.

Well it sure does look like you got a problem with them. Your making them look bad.
@Buny0058 Can you say more about how I'm making the trans community look bad? Kurisu is a widely admired character at the SG universe that has character development throughout the series reminiscent of a swansong. Given the nature of this new subtle canon, it seems like we have a new (potentially) cosplay option for trans people that they might not have first considered (despite the fact that people can cosplay whatever they like, regardless of the nature of their biology at birth).
Mar 10, 7:44 AM
Dec 2021
bro is on to nothing 🗣🗣🔥🔥💯
Mar 10, 9:05 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Nigardythird
bro is on to nothing 🗣🗣🔥🔥💯
@Nigardythird it's attracting substantial attention and is a top thread at popularity rn precisely because it's a non-trivial (potential) subtle canon.

FireineMar 10, 9:14 AM
Mar 10, 9:46 AM
Nov 2022
Fireine said:
@Buny0058 Can you say more about how I'm making the trans community look bad? Kurisu is a widely admired character at the SG universe that has character development throughout the series reminiscent of a swansong. Given the nature of this new subtle canon, it seems like we have a new (potentially) cosplay option for trans people that they might not have first considered (despite the fact that people can cosplay whatever they like, regardless of the nature of their biology at birth).

Steins gate has been out for a decade. It’s not a new thing.

And i believe the trans community has been out even longer.
Mar 10, 10:10 AM

Oct 2018
@Fireine
This thread is amusing enough but it would be significantly improved if you had posted it to /a/ instead, because then people wouldn't have to watch what they say.
Mar 10, 10:32 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Buny0058
Fireine said:

Steins gate has been out for a decade. It’s not a new thing.

And i believe the trans community has been out even longer.
@Buny0058 what is #2 at G indexing can be considered canon if it's sufficiently public facing and links people to "Makise Kurisu"; which they'll do after watching the anime. I've looked around G at top sources and this is the first time someones noticed this at a public facing, top ranking bio. So you're wrong.
Mar 10, 10:33 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Alita
@Fireine
This thread is amusing enough but it would be significantly improved if you had posted it to /a/ instead, because then people wouldn't have to watch what they say.
@Alita well, people are still formulating and posting ad-hominem attacks even here against the trans community (when all I did was field a question). But perhaps there's some truth to that.
Mar 10, 11:12 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Fireine

+1

Furthermore, When someone discovers new canon (subtle as it may be) it always attracts substantial public interest if the fandom is large enough.
@Fireine

A based projection. Grounded at actual fact. Top result when typing in Makise Kurisu at Bing (at least for now while this new discovery is still trending with the search spiders)

Mar 10, 12:34 PM
May 2021
what the fuck are you talking about
AshikhiMar 10, 12:38 PM
Mar 10, 2:27 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to Ashikhi
what the fuck are you talking about
@Ashikhi check out a booru, type in "Makise Kurisu" and let us know what you find after parsing every page.
Mar 10, 3:22 PM

Oct 2016
my dude i think you're tripping here
fjaebfhebsfhsehabfjskyousuckatcooking
Mar 10, 3:57 PM
Apr 2018
Personally I don't think Kurisutina is trans but oh my god, the transphobia in this thread is incredible. Do you guys know that you can deny that a character is transgender without resorting to insults or discrimination?
Mar 10, 4:28 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to Anzuelo
Personally I don't think Kurisutina is trans but oh my god, the transphobia in this thread is incredible. Do you guys know that you can deny that a character is transgender without resorting to insults or discrimination?
@Anzuelo

Do you guys know that you can deny that a character is transgender without resorting to insults or discrimination?

Well said. But their ad-hominem attacks aren't going to disprove the fact that Kurisu could be trans, based on this newfound subtle-canon.
Mar 10, 4:30 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to erckvs
my dude i think you're tripping here
@erckvs Can you say more about why you think this is so? There's data hosted at this server that subtly suggests she could be trans. If that wasn't the case, this thread would not have caught so much attention from the SG community.
Mar 10, 4:46 PM

Jun 2022
@blind_psychic is that a Kurisu quote, after exiting her relationship with Okabe? Did she say that, out of frustration just because Okabe isn't truly gay and transgender like she is? Because he's a self proclaimed "mad scientist"? Asking bc I haven't read DaSH and apparently he went to study at her university (Columbi...I mean Victor Chondria University) and there's much I haven't read / seen within the series.
FireineMar 10, 4:53 PM
Mar 10, 5:02 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to Fireine
@erckvs Can you say more about why you think this is so? There's data hosted at this server that subtly suggests she could be trans. If that wasn't the case, this thread would not have caught so much attention from the SG community.
Fireine said:
If that wasn't the case, this thread would not have caught so much attention from the SG community.

This will be my last and only comment on this thread because you aren't worthy of my time and I don't even want to waste my time with delusional people like you but it's embarrassing to think that this thread has caused attention from the SG community because of your bullshit reasoning, 99% of the community here disagrees with you and you are the laughing stock here, you could have created the same thread with Kurisu being an alien and you would have gotten the same type of attention here and it's even more embarrassing how you or your boyfriend tried to edit the Steins;Gate wiki with false information to prove a point but I'm glad the wiki got locked so you have my thanks there, at least we won't have to worry about having lunatics like you messing with the wiki anymore, and what's even more embarrassing is that you are responding to almost everyone here, get a life man.

BTW, don't bother responding back because I won't waste my time reading your BS, that's the only attention I will give to delusional lunatics like you, piss off.
Mar 10, 5:11 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to Resus-2
Fireine said:
If that wasn't the case, this thread would not have caught so much attention from the SG community.

This will be my last and only comment on this thread because you aren't worthy of my time and I don't even want to waste my time with delusional people like you but it's embarrassing to think that this thread has caused attention from the SG community because of your bullshit reasoning, 99% of the community here disagrees with you and you are the laughing stock here, you could have created the same thread with Kurisu being an alien and you would have gotten the same type of attention here and it's even more embarrassing how you or your boyfriend tried to edit the Steins;Gate wiki with false information to prove a point but I'm glad the wiki got locked so you have my thanks there, at least we won't have to worry about having lunatics like you messing with the wiki anymore, and what's even more embarrassing is that you are responding to almost everyone here, get a life man.

BTW, don't bother responding back because I won't waste my time reading your BS, that's the only attention I will give to delusional lunatics like you, piss off.
@Resus-2 you can't actually prove I modified the wiki. That's clearly a baseless claim.

you could have created the same thread with Kurisu being an alien and you would have gotten the same type of attention here

If that's the case, pen a new thread yourself to that end and prove it. We'll be waiting!
Mar 10, 7:28 PM

Jul 2021
Why are you using Fandom Wikis as a source?
Mar 10, 9:14 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to AzafuseKingTora
@AzafuseKingTora It's specifically a wiki OP edited to try and make it look official, to be exact.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 10, 9:16 PM

Jan 2014
@Fireine

This has to be a fucking troll otherwise:
Mar 10, 9:45 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to Tropisch
@AzafuseKingTora It's specifically a wiki OP edited to try and make it look official, to be exact.
@Tropisch no, to be exact a fielded a question related to a bio at this very site. indexed at G. Nice try though.
Mar 10, 9:47 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to AzafuseKingTora
@AzafuseKingTora the source was the public facing bio at this very server. indexed by google as a top result.
Mar 10, 10:15 PM
May 2017
Transgender person is someone who wish to be a girl. I think he want to be because he fell in love with Okabe and couldn't find the fact they can not have their own child as disappointing. Anyway, won't really change you are born with something you will take to your grave.

Update: You are taking about Kurisu not the other dude! That is a real women.
Mar 10, 11:52 PM

Jul 2015
Obvious troll bait is obvious, but what makes this sad, is that there would be some pronouns-in-bio on Twitter, who would read this shit and be like "this guy has a point".

Mar 11, 2:27 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Piromysl
Obvious troll bait is obvious, but what makes this sad, is that there would be some pronouns-in-bio on Twitter, who would read this shit and be like "this guy has a point".
@Piromysl no, I just fielded a qst. Not that hard to see. Nice theory though.
Mar 11, 2:30 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to mohamedo_abuduru
the bait is so strong i'm choking on it, just like i'm choking on makise kurisu's 12 inch gigacock, OP is right
@mohamedo_abuduru

OP is right

@ryzxgum in response to your ad-hominem attacks I'm certain you'll proceed to write below this post; I'd counter you with the fact that, I have a publication history at the very research direction of those at the series (independently, impact factor 5.0 journal, scopus indexed). So even at their worldline; some might say I'm doing quite well. It's not so much an issue with reading comprehension, but your inability to perform the mental gymnastics necessary to make these projections yourself. This thread's popularity cannot be denied. Nice try though.
FireineMar 11, 10:06 AM
Mar 11, 2:58 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to Fireine
@mohamedo_abuduru

OP is right

@ryzxgum in response to your ad-hominem attacks I'm certain you'll proceed to write below this post; I'd counter you with the fact that, I have a publication history at the very research direction of those at the series (independently, impact factor 5.0 journal, scopus indexed). So even at their worldline; some might say I'm doing quite well. It's not so much an issue with reading comprehension, but your inability to perform the mental gymnastics necessary to make these projections yourself. This thread's popularity cannot be denied. Nice try though.
@Fireine good job not highlighting the whole sentence where he mentioned it being a bait. weak attempt and a failure yet again, i'm sure you're used being called that though.
Mar 11, 7:26 AM

Oct 2016
Reply to Fireine
@Fireine Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate is portrayed as a cisgender woman. There are no indications within the anime or visual novel that suggest otherwise. Her gender identity aligns with the sex she was assigned at birth. I think this has caught so much attention because no one has ever considered this a "possibility".
fjaebfhebsfhsehabfjskyousuckatcooking
Mar 11, 11:02 AM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
Thread cleaned and locked

Anime Discussion Rules: 5. Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jun 28, 2011

629 by TheSunLife »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 14, 2011

317 by FarCritical »»
Sep 22, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 7, 2011

280 by FarCritical »»
Sep 22, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

267 by chris1763 »»
Sep 22, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BladedWarrior - May 31, 2011

419 by FarCritical »»
Sep 21, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.