Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 26, 2023 7:43 PM
Mar 2015
Out of the frying pan into the fire
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This is one of the best Bleach episodes, and more specifically, totally best anime-only-improved episode I've ever seen...

Always love it when anime shows something which aren't in the manga. Nice to know about Liltotto, Giselle, and Meninas's Vollstandigg and their powers ^.^

Also Liltotto is entertaining to see, sounds monotone and have pirate mouth but also the most knowledgeable and rational out of those four girl sternritters.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Aug 26, 2023 8:01 PM
Nov 2019
Ichigo finally arrived to the battlefield and proceeding to wreck the female sterrnitters was glorious.
Aug 26, 2023 8:11 PM

Mar 2016
Ichigo's entrance into the seireitei had me seeing it like...

So baby now you feel like number 1! Shining bright for everyone! Living out your fantasy, the Brightest star for all to see!!!

The moment his reiatsu is felt around the area, many of the strenritter make their way to claim his head as the most dangerous of the special war powers. I know Ichigo is quiet the entire time, but that designation alone is an ego-boost for sure!

These dumb bitches got nothing against Ichigo, they used their vollständig and yet are still incapable of even remotely HARMING Ichigo, all the while without using his bankai. My man can even release a getsuga tenshou by slowly slicing the air using the smaller blade and that attack alone holds more ferocity than any of these wench's attack. And don't get me started on Getsuga Jujishou, bruhhhh that's far too overkill of an attack to fend off Candice's javelin, if Ichigo didn't tell her to fuck off, she would've found out that it's capable of vaporating her to nothingness.

Ichigo at this very moment in time, is supremely powerful, as to be expected for having trained within the soul king's palace, he has become a true shinigami. His normal form alone looked similar to his Bankai, but I can't wait until I see his real Bankai. And I do wonder if he's still capable of suing the hollow power and even the Quincy power. He needs everything that he has to beat Yhwach I'm sure.
Aug 26, 2023 8:25 PM

Jul 2019
Ay yo! That was some nice magical girl transformation moment, lol.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 26, 2023 8:30 PM
Jul 2023
It was awesome episode 10/10 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Aug 26, 2023 8:30 PM
Jul 2023
It was awesome episode 10/10 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Aug 26, 2023 8:53 PM
Jun 2007
IchiGOAT is here to "help" Ken-chan~
All remaining Sternritter surrounded IchiGOAT, trying to "kill" him but got blocked by his fellow Shinigamis...
Yhwach is leaving soul society, going to "Royal" Palace.
Aug 26, 2023 8:55 PM

Nov 2012
I really need to go back and re-read the final chapters. I thought Kenny fought someone completely different. I don't remember his fight with the femmes at all.
Aug 26, 2023 9:01 PM
Apr 2021
Ichigo's entrance was everything. And his new move Getsuga Jujisho🔥🔥
Aug 26, 2023 9:13 PM

Oct 2009
That was very reminiscent of when Ichigo came into save Rukia!

Besides the new Getsuga, Orihimes BOOBS coming in with that save was the highlight for sure!
Aug 26, 2023 9:20 PM
Mar 2021
goat is back .... can't wait for next episodes
Aug 26, 2023 9:47 PM
Aug 2022
This episode was undoubtedly the most funniest and a bit a sad too.

The entire first moments of Ichigo arriving in the battlefield is hilarious, considering the fact that those girls can easily handle and defeat Ichigo like seriously.

The action and animation was awesome, if only Pierrot showed this promise to animes like tokyo ghoul.
Aug 26, 2023 9:49 PM
Jun 2021
Ichigo's finally here. Orihime with that big rack
Aug 26, 2023 9:59 PM

Jul 2014
Orihime appearing boobs first lmao. Jesus Christ what an outfit... What a booba!

The femritters were really fun to watch. Candice looking so good and I love Giselle and Nao Touyama voicing her <3.
Aug 26, 2023 10:02 PM
Aug 2022
What a goatest return from Ichigoat
Aug 26, 2023 10:29 PM
Mar 2022
IchiGOAT has returned...

"You said it yourself. You put everything you have on those scales of yours.
Because if you merely followed others, while being lost and adrift yourself...
without ever truly weighing your decisions and consequences... then you just may come to regret everything."
Aug 26, 2023 11:04 PM
May 2021
Awesome episode, Ichigo is back!!! + Orihime ❤❤
Aug 27, 2023 12:16 AM

Jun 2013
An interesting episode this week.
To be honest, the first third of the episode felt a bit... weird?
Like, the animation didn't look great. (especially Kenpachi after he got hit by the lightning and was lying on the ground, that looked really odd to me.)

Then of course Ichigo arrived, but the tone was a bit all over the place. Like we had the very serious Ichigo vs the pretty goofy antics of the female sternritter. Seeing their magical girl style transformation scenes did make me laugh, and the fight between them and Ichigo was pretty good. I don't remember a lot of that being in the manga, so I feel like it was newly added, but I might be wrong about that. 

Finally, we saw the original gang reunited, briefly, before Ishida ascended with Yhwach and Haschwalth. 
All in all, a good episode, but for me it didn't quite live up to the levels set by the last few.
Next week is a recap, but I'm looking forward to seeing Squad Zero in action and everything else that's coming up.
As most manga readers will tell you, this was the point where things started to go off the rails. The whole 'hole in the Shakonmaku' thing feels really contrived and pretty phoned in. We'll see if Kubo and the writing team have any plans to fix some of the worse parts of the narrative from here on out...

(Also, one thing I thought was really really good this week was Liltotto's voice actor. I don't know what I expected her to sound like when I was reading the manga, but this VA is absolutely perfect for the role!)
SpaceCowboyFinAug 27, 2023 12:20 AM
Aug 27, 2023 12:37 AM

Jul 2016
AnimeNerd99 said:
Ichigo finally arrived to the battlefield and proceeding to wreck the female sterrnitters was glorious.

Bit shit that Kenpachi just got wrecked though.
Aug 27, 2023 12:43 AM

Feb 2011
The new Getsuga attack was freaking sick.

"you idiot, move!!" Lmao, cut her arm right off

Solid episode. Cant wait for the battles to come.

Aug 27, 2023 12:51 AM
Oct 2019
ICHIGOAT IS HERE!!

CHAD AND ORIHIME TOO 😍
Aug 27, 2023 1:07 AM
Feb 2021
zafAFefeAFDZDaafd
Aug 27, 2023 1:58 AM
Jan 2012
Alot of action. Great ending
Aug 27, 2023 1:59 AM

Jun 2021
Okay this was a very cool episode. Last few episodes have had really amazing animation and choreography. I wasn't expecting Ichigo's new getsuga to be that epic.

Orihime looked hella fine too. Like I think I fell in love and normally I hate this girl.
GumdumpsterAug 27, 2023 2:26 AM
Aug 27, 2023 2:04 AM
Mar 2018
82926 said:
First of all I didn't mean to bait you at all, just to have a discussion.
While I agree with some of your arguments, some of them can be easily explained.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I'm glad we could have a proper discussion.

They protect disabled king.

That's all fair and good, but it's a weak excuse unless they suspected Yhwach could get up there on his own. Assuming the impenetrable layers of barriers weren't just for show, it makes more strategic sense to fight on the Seireitei, than to allow the fight there to be lost and Yhwach to gain and advance base. Once established in the Seireitei he could take his time to recover his forces before moving up anyhow. A prolonged fight only benefits him.

It's weird enough having clothes woven of bones(?).

To be fair, I assume this was the armor part of the clothes. The cloth part is probably what the hairs were used for. Quite gross, yeah.

why didn't Rukia and Renji create the same opening when they broke through the shields apparently the same way?

After giving this some more thought, I can excuse this oversight if we assume Rukia and Renji took a more gentle approach down and didn't create a hole like Ichigo did. But it's definitely not well explained - and again, why let the hole happen when clearly there were other options? I'm counting on it being a trap (although a naive one, as I'm sure Yhwach will somehow defeat or bypass Team Zero anyway).

He's just cocky and know that those girls are no threat for him right now.

That would explain it, except he's supposed to have grown out of that cockiness by now. Since he didn't show signs of enjoying that fight, my theory is he was actually testing his own abilities. Which would make a lot of sense in most contexts, except wasn't he in a hurry to save everyone? Stalling like that makes no sense. I'm sure it was only done for the viewer's benefit - basically fanservice. Don't get me wrong, that is what I'm watching for, but doesn't change what it is.

Also he is not a killer, even he warned thunder girl to dodge getsuga, because he was afraid of killing her.

This part actually bothers me. I don't remember enough from previous arcs to recall if he ever did kill anyone, but I can't think of a way for him to simply disable the enemies in this scenario. Was he just going to let them wear themselves out? Did he really think he could do that with all the enemies, while Yhwach just sat there and waited? Did he think the Soul Society had a way to imprison everyone once they were exhausted or unconscious? That is beyond naive. I could excuse this in the first one or two arcs of the story, but not at this point in the story.

In fact, what does he hope to do with Yhwach? Talk him out of it? I know this is basically a shounen and we are supposed to overlook issues like this, because they can't have the hero be a killer, but I don't like it. Anyway, just my personal opinion here, can't really criticise Bleach for adhering to genre conventions. This is the curse of mainstream works.

Classic trope, okay, not everyone may like it.

Yeah, that's the core of it. Bleach is essentially a textbook hero-epic-shounen, with seinen overtones - it sets the rules of the genre just as much as it follows them. It's the kind of work you reference when you're studying tropes, because it un-ironically uses them as originally intended. Maybe my problem is I'm expecting Bleach to be more than that.

Kubo's writing is specific and sometimes Bleach demands from audience to speculate and think more thoroughly about the events from certain arcs and I doubt that he would make so many mistakes in plot overall especially during supervision of TYBW anime which is supposed to correct manga's mistakes.

One thing we should keep in mind is that Kubo had immense pressure from the publisher to adhere to certain standards and to deliver on time. We shouldn't assume everything Kubo wrote for Bleach is his best work. He certainly made mistakes, created inconsistencies, etc. And he couldn't afford to take many risks. The foremost priority of the anime producers is to satisfy hardcore fans and evoke nostalgia, so they can't diverge much from the source material. Most problems with the original work are there to stay.

And let's be honest. Yhwach had left, because REAL special threat appeared, CHAD himself xD

Fair, doesn't make it less annoying to watch though... :shrug:
Aug 27, 2023 2:14 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Ichigo delivers an attack and yells at the opponent to dodge, is that a flex?
Aug 27, 2023 2:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ichigo's fight was really something... but yeah, no everyone is seeing Ichida leaving without saying anything :(
Aug 27, 2023 3:14 AM
Jun 2021
Ichigo The Goat is back ! What’s crazy is that this is nowhere near the “peak” of thousand year blood war, it’s still so much left to cover and its even better than the last 3 episodes shown !
Aug 27, 2023 3:26 AM

Jul 2023
yasm said:
Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I'm glad we could have a proper discussion.
That's all fair and good, but it's a weak excuse unless they suspected Yhwach could get up there on his own. Assuming the impenetrable layers of barriers weren't just for show, it makes more strategic sense to fight on the Seireitei, than to allow the fight there to be lost and Yhwach to gain and advance base. Once established in the Seireitei he could take his time to recover his forces before moving up anyhow. A prolonged fight only benefits him.
That's true, but on the other hand Squad 0 may not know everything, so they didn't want to leave king on his own. I would say they are still protecting him "just in case" something unpredictable could happen.
Yhwach also may not be a strategic master so making mistakes in tactics would be acceptable. Nothing wrong with it.

And anime also explained when sternritter dies, Yhwach grows stronger (and has bigger moustache too XD)

After giving this some more thought, I can excuse this oversight if we assume Rukia and Renji took a more gentle approach down and didn't create a hole like Ichigo did. But it's definitely not well explained - and again, why let the hole happen when clearly there were other options? I'm counting on it being a trap (although a naive one, as I'm sure Yhwach will somehow defeat or bypass Team Zero anyway).
I assume by Ichibe's smile Squad 0 are full of themselves and their strength so they want to lead bad guys into a trap. But yeah, you are right with last sentence.

That would explain it, except he's supposed to have grown out of that cockiness by now. Since he didn't show signs of enjoying that fight, my theory is he was actually testing his own abilities. Which would make a lot of sense in most contexts, except wasn't he in a hurry to save everyone? Stalling like that makes no sense. I'm sure it was only done for the viewer's benefit - basically fanservice. Don't get me wrong, that is what I'm watching for, but doesn't change what it is.
Testing abilites makes sense. Don't forget he's 17 so expecting him to act mature is a naive take. You may be right with the fanservice, but it's fine I guess? He saved Kenpachi and immediately ran in the direction of blue light as soon as it appeared to fight Yhwach.
This part actually bothers me. I don't remember enough from previous arcs to recall if he ever did kill anyone, but I can't think of a way for him to simply disable the enemies in this scenario. Was he just going to let them wear themselves out? Did he really think he could do that with all the enemies, while Yhwach just sat there and waited? Did he think the Soul Society had a way to imprison everyone once they were exhausted or unconscious? That is beyond naive. I could excuse this in the first one or two arcs of the story, but not at this point in the story.
In fact, what does he hope to do with Yhwach? Talk him out of it? I know this is basically a shounen and we are supposed to overlook issues like this, because they can't have the hero be a killer, but I don't like it. Anyway, just my personal opinion here, can't really criticise Bleach for adhering to genre conventions. This is the curse of mainstream works.
He "killed" only Hollows. And Uluqqiora, but actually the killer was his inner hollow. Yeah, to be honest I think he just expected to wear out the enemies or somehow disable them from future fights. He holds the real grudge against Yhwach for killing his mother with Aushwalen, so we don't expect anymore talking. Yhwach is his real enemy, not the rest of fodder sternritters.
One thing we should keep in mind is that Kubo had immense pressure from the publisher to adhere to certain standards and to deliver on time. We shouldn't assume everything Kubo wrote for Bleach is his best work. He certainly made mistakes, created inconsistencies, etc. And he couldn't afford to take many risks. The foremost priority of the anime producers is to satisfy hardcore fans and evoke nostalgia, so they can't diverge much from the source material. Most problems with the original work are there to stay.
Before TYBW adaptation many people considered Ichigo's hollow powers an asspull, but TYBW resolved all these plot holes. Sure, maybe story won't be perfect (I doubt any is perfect), but it's already much better than source material. Sure, there are inconsistences that we need to add and speculate by ourselves, but at this point I consider it just a nitpicking every minor detail. It's just my subjective opinion, so you may not agree with me about that.
82926Aug 27, 2023 3:34 AM
Aug 27, 2023 4:07 AM

Nov 2017
Not a big fan of this episode. Very convoluted, but that's mostly the manga's fault, not the anime's. I think this is by far the weakest part of the entire final arc. Especially the next coming fights before Yhwach invades the Soul Palace are incredibly trash.

But that's the problem with this second cour. It's fight after fight after fight after fight. There's barely any story progression, and it gets tedious after a while.
Aug 27, 2023 5:44 AM
Aug 2020
Ichigo is facing a dozen of sternritters and is unharmed. He overpowered the women squad with ease. Another great battle sequence.
Aug 27, 2023 9:23 AM

Jun 2014
If I could vote music vs rest of the anime separately I would give music 2/10 and rest 10/10. Holy damn, music is horrible on TYBW. One of the best thing about bleach for me was the music. Especially during arrancar arc. But they mutilated all the songs and now they dont even know how to use them. New version of "number one" was so bad when ichigo was arriving. This scene supposed to be epic. The "Number One" we all knew and liked should have been played and on much higher volume. That scene was a total letdown compared to manga. It seems like this will go on until the anime is finished. Sad. 
Recommended --> Bleach/Claymore/Overlord/Death Note/Steins Gate
Aug 27, 2023 10:10 AM
Jul 2023
Great as always ,Great animation ,I'm loving it
Aug 27, 2023 10:21 AM

Aug 2019
Angel_Of_Mercy said:
Ichigo is facing a dozen of sternritters and is unharmed. He overpowered the women squad with ease. Another great battle sequence.

He was surrounded by 8, not a dozen. And at least two of them (PePe and NaNaNa) didn't even get to fight him, so technically he only faced 6 Sternritters in this episode, and would've gotten hurt by Bazz-B had Renji not stepped in. Why do people love overhyping characters with exaggerated feats?
Aug 27, 2023 12:20 PM
Apr 2017
watch a orange haired teen destroys 4 beautiful girls
Aug 27, 2023 12:33 PM

May 2023
Nostalgia intensifies...
Aug 27, 2023 3:06 PM
Nov 2019
Vindicater said:
AnimeNerd99 said:

Bit shit that Kenpachi just got wrecked though.
To be fair, he got jumped right after a fight. 
Aug 27, 2023 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
That was tropalicious!
Aug 27, 2023 5:06 PM
Jul 2013
Ichigo Kuroalterado llego, empieza lo fumado. 🚬

Ya enserio, si algo de lo que vimos hasta ahora se les hizo exagerado o fumado, prepárense porque Yhwach y compañía van a donde el escuadrón cero. 🚬🚬🚬

•La cara de Ichigo viendo la traición del pinche Ishida; ya habrá tiempo para arreglar eso. 👊🏼
Aug 27, 2023 8:00 PM
Oct 2020
Another peak Episode! Ichigoat came down for the rescue! Getsuga Jujisho was Amazing to finally see
Aug 27, 2023 11:23 PM
Nov 2016
The episode was okay I guess, the music is just not good though, the music is nothing like Classic Bleach in the saving Rukia arc, the music there was fucking awesome but now, the music is simply not good, what a shame, the previous 2 episodes had better music, at least the animation in this episode is still good for the most part, it did look clunky in some parts but it wasn't horrible, it's still decent enough to get the job done.

And Orihime's titties are getting bigger too, they seem to be full of milk, I want to suck some of that milk to relieve her from her stress, she won't be able to move properly like this.
Aug 28, 2023 12:27 AM

Oct 2008
strawberry is now back at soul society and looks like he's chillin' and adjusting to his new powers huh...
4/5.

Aug 28, 2023 12:41 AM

Feb 2021
Hopefully Ishida still on the good side...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 28, 2023 1:40 AM

Jul 2012
YudiYusantoS said:
I kinda like how the anime is making this more of a mystery than the manga did.

In there they revealed everything more or less during the fight with Mask (hell, maybe even a bit before the invasion, if we are talking about clues on what's going on).

The anime just shown that he saw something crazy in the Quincy book and that was about it.
Aug 28, 2023 3:41 AM

Feb 2021
Danpmss said:
YudiYusantoS said:

In there they revealed everything more or less during the fight with Mask (hell, maybe even a bit before the invasion, if we are talking about clues on what's going on).

The anime just shown that he saw something crazy in the Quincy book and that was about it.
Yeah, still can't wait to see the battle between them and how Ichigo using his full new power :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135

My Candies :

Aug 28, 2023 6:37 AM

Jul 2012
YudiYusantoS said:
Danpmss said:

Yeah, still can't wait to see the battle between them and how Ichigo using his full new power :)
Get your heart ready, we are getting cool looking battles non-stop during the third cour as well. Starting from this second cour, Bleach kinda went full JoJo, with every conflict being usually followed by the very next conflict and a bit of story progression. Can't wait to see how glorious some of the later fights will look animated, a lot of hype stuff to come haha
Aug 28, 2023 7:22 AM

Feb 2021
Danpmss said:
YudiYusantoS said:
Get your heart ready, we are getting cool looking battles non-stop during the third cour as well. Starting from this second cour, Bleach kinda went full JoJo, with every conflict being usually followed by the very next conflict and a bit of story progression. Can't wait to see how glorious some of the later fights will look animated, a lot of hype stuff to come haha
Yeah, the battle animation looks very cool where they are sketching it one by one like one piece nowadays. Hopefully it's gonna be like the 1st part XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135

My Candies :

Aug 28, 2023 2:08 PM

Sep 2009
Oh man, the episode was really enjoyable, 4 out of 5. 
I was a bit afraid about this episode cause it's the typical time when the super-sayajin-protagonist comes back from the last training and says fuck off to logic. Instead they made it entertaining just 'expanding' a bit the powers of the four Sternritter girls and making them have an almost proper fight. 
A nice surprise. 
Aug 28, 2023 3:54 PM
Nov 2019
goated so much damn
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2023

162 by LightNoragami1 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 16, 2023

141 by LightNoragami1 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2023

179 by LightNoragami1 »»
Yesterday, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2023

292 by bushman66 »»
Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2023

93 by bushman66 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.