Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 20, 2023 11:15 PM
Nov 2021
It deserves a season 2
Jun 20, 2023 11:29 PM

Oct 2022
Man I just loved when Shima told that red haired girl to stay away from him she knows that it's not Shima's mistake that she got in a scandal but still acts like it's Shima's mistake and even disrespect's his mother, totally a befitting treatment for her and I don't even feel bad for her after she cried because she deserves it and I just love to see Shima and Mitsumi together like they are so happy when together.

I hope this doesn't end here and we get a season 2.
Jun 20, 2023 11:46 PM

Nov 2022
Nice ending... Ririka's attitude was over the top though... having a scandal for a budding actor is quite severe so I could see where she was coming from...but it was mostly her own fault, she didn't have any right to blame Sousuke for it... Well, it's not like ppl are rational everytime.
Jun 21, 2023 12:26 AM
Aug 2020
It was a good show in the first half, not so much in the second. Drama aspect of the show just wasn't it for me. 6.5/10
Jun 21, 2023 12:27 AM

Jun 2013
Man now one of my favorite shows has ended. I loved this one. I always ate Panda Express on Wednesdays (my time) while eating it. I had it today too while watching the final episode.

I guess Shima-kun was trying to confess or almost confessed towards the end? I don't care about the romance tbh whether it exists or not, I want to see Iwakura become a politician. 

Also I kinda ship Chris and Ririka, reminds me of my dad and mom, my dad was a short king  and mom was taller and gorgeous. Not saying dad was ugly but he said when they dated, people kept telling my mom she could do better and by better they meant someone taller and more good-looking I guess. I'm rooting for my short king Chris. 
臭い-
Jun 21, 2023 12:37 AM

Jun 2021
The characters relationship building, relatable perspective especially from Sousuke's. Mitsumi was the light of the show. I really love the series. One of my AOTS
Jun 21, 2023 12:53 AM

Oct 2022
Happy that Ririka realised that he is not at fault but she still could have talked things out with Shima but anyways this ep was really good as well as the whole series! Loved it. Waiting for season 2.

Jun 21, 2023 1:03 AM

Jul 2021
Really good adaptation. 

I've been thoroughly enjoying Skip and Loafer since I read the manga before the adaptation, especially considering my current life situation. When I think of an ensemble cast, this show immediately comes to mind. The interactions between the characters feel genuine and light-hearted at the right moments, maintaining a consistent tone throughout. Even during scenes that delve into Shima and Ririka's past, the show never goes overboard. Speaking of which, I'm extremely satisfied with how that storyline was resolved today. There's no excessive dwelling on the past, and Shima and Ririka's resolution to it was handled efficiently. Although the issue itself may be complex, dealing with attachment and guilt, the straightforward solution helps bring everything together and provides a satisfying conclusion. Shima's personal conflict has always revolved around his identity, which he lost when he began feeling that all his actions were for others. His answer to this dilemma is simple yet fulfilling: not being tied down by the past and living in the present, fully immersing himself in the things that bring him joy. While there may be more to his journey, the season finale wraps it up beautifully.

What captivates me about this series are the straightforward messages it conveys. The importance of having goals, appreciating diverse individuals, embracing change, and being proud of one's identity. These themes may be considered cliché, but they struck a chord deep within me. This series demonstrates that a compelling story doesn't always require monumental challenges or intricate conflicts. It can be about the characters, the small obstacles they face, and the simple joys they encounter.

Lastly, the season finale concludes with an endearing cinematic parallel to the first episode. Just as Shima watched Mitsumi running forward back then, now it's Mitsumi's turn to witness Shima sprinting ahead with excitement, bringing better hopes for the future.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 21, 2023 1:12 AM

Dec 2022
I love Shima's character, I can relate to not truly knowing myself and sometimes feeling envy towards others. I'm glad Shima said those things to Ririka, she kept blaming him for something that was her own fault.

This anime was so comforting and wholesome, I'm going to miss watching it every Tuesday.
Jun 21, 2023 1:34 AM
Apr 2015
how beautiful can be our main characters? i love them too much and i'm so glad for their achievements <3
Jun 21, 2023 2:14 AM
Dec 2020
This show was a fresh take on the Highschool plot, where romance is minimal and character interaction is given a good amount of time.
The direction was amazing, the shots were too good and visually pleasing too.
Really hope this gets a S2.
A solid 7.5/10 for me
Jun 21, 2023 2:36 AM

Mar 2011
I really, really loved this anime and the characters but the final episode felt a little bit underwhelming to be honest... I really hope we get a second season ♥
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jun 21, 2023 3:20 AM
Feb 2022
kuroneko99 said:
Ririka-related bomb failed to explode. It's not anime team's fault, but it was kind of flat finale for a season.
Yeah, might as well don't have her in the first place, because it doesn't really further the plot or anything
Jun 21, 2023 3:29 AM

Oct 2022
This anime exceptionally shines in how well-written the characters are and how seemingly harmonious their interactions played out, despite of how different they are or how it’s so out of their comfort zone. And I’m not only referring to the 2 main leads, but the whole group of 5 of theirs. Each of them has their own layers, and are not simply one-dimensional or one-trick gag characters that you see in some other anime. I was particularly impressed by how good Sousuke Shima and Yuzuki Murashige are at ‘reading the air’ - being very situationally aware of the feelings and thoughts of others. All in all, a coming of age that is cozy, heartwarming and also somewhat healing. Highly looking forward to the continual growth of the characters and their interactions in the following seasons. Great watch. 10/10
Jun 21, 2023 3:43 AM
May 2023
I will say, I am glad that there is no 'bad character' in this anime. no one hates anyone. it would have been easy for the author to make her the bad guy, but you see that no one hates anyone and they are just hiding there true feelings. I did feel a little let down as a viewer when nothing was continued upon for a while from the episode where the drama happened on the bridge between shima and his old female friend. So I'm glad there was some kinda closure there in this episode. I do enjoy how over the last few episodes the main character has shifted between Iwakura and Shima. finding out more about how he feels and what he wants. that is great writing. the best thing in the show is the heartwarming relationship the four girls have and how close they have become and changed throughout the anime. I need to catch up on the manga, but I hope it does get a bit more romantic for the main 2 characters. but overall a heartwarming and beautiful anime, looking forward to seeing if there is a season 2 8/10.
Jun 21, 2023 4:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ririka's scene was difficult but after that it still ended well to end the school festival, I hope that Shima will be able to fix most of his problems now, but Mitsumi helped so many characters to grow and evolve that's incredible ahah. I thought this show would be kinda cliché at 1st but it ended up feeling different especially for how well-written its characters are, hope for a 2nd season soon!
Jun 21, 2023 7:00 AM

Dec 2022
I'm so proud to see Shima standing up for himself from Ririka finally and the fact that now he's free and happy makes me glad, the friendship between him and Mitsumi is the best, they were so cute at the end and the fact that she can make him smile and laugh is even better. I'm sad that this was the final episode from the series but I can't wait to see more if they come up with a season 2.

Jun 21, 2023 7:35 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I hope and wish this gets a season 2. The story was nothing new but still a beautiful one. The character development and relationships were good. And Mitsumi was awesome.
Jun 21, 2023 8:12 AM

Aug 2019
Loved this last episode! Things went a lot smoother than I thought they would, though I wish Shima's mom was there to see his performance, but of course Ririka had to ruin it. Ririka is such a bitch LOL at least Shima is moving forward without her, and will probably be more happy now that he is. I really love the note this show ended on, and I love Mitsumi's anteater pose 😊 I kind of wish we got to see Nao one more time before the show ended but oh well, this was still awesome! I think this is definitely like an 8 or 9 out of 10 for me. Such a wholesome and sweet show, and while it is sad it's over I'm happy with how it ended
Jun 21, 2023 10:21 AM

Dec 2022
Great way to end this season, Shima finaly moved on from his past and he's about to embrace the endless possibility that is high school. Good for him. I wish that the Mom would have seen the play.

I'm also glad that Ririka put the bullshit behind her trying to blame Shima for everything. Her crying was actually funny though. I'm not sure if this was the redemption arc for her but that's a good start.
Jun 21, 2023 10:51 AM
Dec 2021
great anime. isosceles.
Jun 21, 2023 10:52 AM
Sep 2021
Was a good final <3 I'll be waiting for the next season
Jun 21, 2023 11:14 AM
May 2023
GOD I love this show!
Jun 21, 2023 2:14 PM

Dec 2012
I'll miss Mitsumi's vioice.
8/10

Jun 21, 2023 3:28 PM
Jul 2022
Pretty good ending, nice wholesome show. here's to hoping there is a second season.
Jun 21, 2023 4:04 PM
Aug 2021
What a great ending to Season 1! I hope there's a Season 2 in the works, I want to see more of these guys animated.
Jun 21, 2023 4:56 PM
Sep 2020
if soft blanket fresh out of the washer was an anime
Jun 21, 2023 6:48 PM
Jun 2021
My love for these kind of self discovering + sol anime is a part of me which made this anime a really fun journey
Although the finale wasn't totally upto the mark, the journey definitely had a very awesome & sweet moments where I could actually imagine the characters to be as real life person
They say don't judge a book from its cover and that's what happened with me when I saw Iwakuri Mitsumi at the first glance, habitual of watching ikemen in a lot of series, I forgot to appreciate the fact that a majority of people are just like Iwakuri totally simplistic yet ambitious and interesting in their own way and that's where I found it even more lovely, Shima was definitely the highlight of the show & that's go without saying
However coming to the negative points, I would say we couldn't see enough of either Nao Chan or Shima's mother, it is a different issue if they got more content in manga for them but based on this particular 12 episodes series, it bugged me
Moreover I found Ririka's character a very useless one upto now except for the fact that she was one of the mental hurdles Shima had to pass before actually enjoying anything in his school life, is it me or there weren't too many good OSTs in this series??

Well anyways it was a great show & I will rate it 8.5/10 (changing my score from 9 to 8/10)
Jun 21, 2023 7:12 PM

Jan 2011
Really love this show up to the shima arc kinda liked it when he was just a very nice duder but the depth to his character being yet another troubled past and hes kinda  a bad boy getting gaslighted by one of his childhood friend bringing the good vibes down was a bit of a whimper to go out on  with the big school fest arc 

i was wrong in wanting plot!  i'm sorry 

for what runtime they had i enjoyed most the characters even if some took far more to grow on me i really need a another season Pa works

8/10 for the show up till the shima stuff which is a flat 7/10!

what a unexpected treat those early episodes were so refreshing 
Jun 21, 2023 8:45 PM
Apr 2023
The episode covered chapter 23 of the manga and really was a good episode to tie-up what has developed so far, where everyone seems to have a new horizon to look forward to.

The anime and manga itself are maintained to be a true slow-burn and carefully features and develops each character, not only regarding Sousuke and Mitsumi, but all their friends around them. Never did I feel that any of the character got blurred in the background, everyone really got their time under the spotlight. Also, the animation is just as good, as I would expect from PA Works.

I suggest picking up the manga because things are starting to shift there, probably hinted at in its latest chapter 52. It really is a good read.
Jun 21, 2023 8:53 PM

Jul 2021
What a wonderful show this was! Endearing, authentic characters, thoughtful writing, beautifully drawn and animated, and just a breath of fresh air overall.

It definitely felt like the show simply "stopped" in its tracks just as it got started, however. 

Really, really hope this continues.
Jun 21, 2023 9:53 PM
May 2020
So torn between this and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia both interesting looks at growing up and falling in life.
Both great shows glad that I gave them a chance to tell the stories they had to tell. This might make me more of a romance fan after all.

But for true love Mahou Tsukai no Yome and Golden Kamuy.
Jun 22, 2023 12:47 AM
Apr 2020
if i had to give an anime 11/10 stars itd be this, gen one of the best animes ive seen in a while. i love it so much ☹️☹️
Jun 22, 2023 1:26 AM

Dec 2015
Definitely an 8/10. Solid show. Very good from the start to the beginning with almost no episodes that were worse than the others. Felt like a good idea to end it here - would work well as a standalone plot without sequels. (You never can be sure if it gets continued.)

I wonder how far the manga is - and how long it will go with the plot. The school stuff seems to have progressed fast. Feels like with 2-cour they'd finishe 1 year and with 3x2 cour (5 more seasons) it could adapt the full school setting - then end. (Unless the manga tries to take her fully through her life until she gets a politician lol. Did not feel fast-paced enough for this. Then it would have to run pretty long though. Introducing other chars at university and stuff.)

Liked Vinland Saga, Tengoku Daimakyou and The insomnia anime better this season - rare to hat that mcuh great stuff. Insomnia mainly because we have a less subtle romance and I like the chars a bit more - focus on the main chars. Those anime easiler tend to make mistakes though. (Getting some worse episode.) Someone on a solide 8 level all the time - like here ... also has it's own pros. Definitley would recommend it unless you strongly dislike stuff where "less" is happening. SoL-wise it is better. (I strongly dislike silly SoL with girls just doing camping or other stuff - and no char-depth.)
Jun 22, 2023 7:55 AM
Mar 2023
I LOVE THIS ANIME SO MUCH, ITS ADORABLE AND CUTE AND WONDERFUL
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS HAVE STORY AND ITS SO 😭😭😭 RECOMMEND 100% 💞💞💞💞
Jun 22, 2023 8:10 AM

May 2015
Very nice School Life anime. It was pleasant to watch.
Jun 22, 2023 8:42 AM
Mar 2023
For me this show is like a better version of Kimi ni todoke. Really good anime.
Jun 22, 2023 10:01 AM
Oct 2021
What a great finish!
Jun 22, 2023 11:37 AM
Jan 2018
Doubt that’s an end to Ririka and shima plot ,

Sure the final episode could feel underwhelming but isn’t that the case for pretty much every manga adaptation that’s still ongoing one way or another there’s going to a time when a manga adaptation doesn’t really have a chapter that they can end on that feels like a conclusion,

Apparently they adapted 23 chapters that seems less then usual amount.

Anyway would love a 2nd season in the mean time going to read the manga.
Jun 22, 2023 11:50 AM
Sep 2021
Mattinator95 said:
Doubt that’s an end to Ririka and shima plot ,

Sure the final episode could feel underwhelming but isn’t that the case for pretty much every manga adaptation that’s still ongoing one way or another there’s going to a time when a manga adaptation doesn’t really have a chapter that they can end on that feels like a conclusion,

Apparently they adapted 23 chapters that seems less then usual amount.

Anyway would love a 2nd season in the mean time going to read the manga.
maybe 8/10 is a solid rate for this series because I have high expectation from this series
Jun 22, 2023 6:08 PM
Jun 2023
I love love love Shima's development here and then Ririka's childish breakdown was so good. Like it really humanized her, plus their mutual bro's calling her out. I love how whenever a character starts going on this pessimistic spiral of immaturity, there's a friend nearby to gently and/or bluntly remind them what reality is, to help bring them out of it. It's just so good and such a honest depiction of real friends. I'm a little disappointed we didn't get anything between Shima and Mitsumi; it just went back to the status quo. I'm crossing my fingers for a second season, but I'll have to pick up the manga to follow these kids further in the meantime. I just really loved all of them and want to see what the author has in store for them <3
Jun 22, 2023 6:56 PM
Jul 2019
Does anyone know if the show will get a season 02? I didn't finish it, I only have 2 episodes left! But I can't imagine this show ends only with 12 episodes.

Jun 22, 2023 9:44 PM

Jul 2014
Anteater Mitsumi was hilarious xD.

Man, it really surprised me how good this show turned out to be. I'm going to miss it a lot.

The OP shall be missed too. It was so great and fun to watch.

Yuzu-chan best girl! Hopefully we will get a season 2.
Jun 23, 2023 2:55 AM

Apr 2021
It felt underwhelming for a finale but still, I loved how they were able to showcase each characters and their growth. I really enjoyed this show from start to finish.

Jun 23, 2023 8:08 AM
Oct 2021
basurenkro de serie hermano , no tiene historia no explicaron nada , no tiene un final de amor entre los 2 protas wtf

Jun 23, 2023 12:00 PM
Mar 2023
Great and peaceful anime to watch!
Jun 23, 2023 1:08 PM

Feb 2019
Venus was FOR sure transiting his birth chart 7th house. So many people from the past showing up!!!
Jun 23, 2023 7:04 PM
Nov 2019
I LOVE THIS FUCKING SHOW
Jun 24, 2023 5:40 AM
Apr 2022
likeable characters, thoughts&emotions expressed realistically, was a great show overall 8/10
Jun 24, 2023 8:12 AM
Mar 2022
serves her right, Shima deserves to be happy
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

25 by Dip- »»
May 28, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2023

119 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

139 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2023

105 by PokefanPT »»
May 26, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2023

134 by PokefanPT »»
May 23, 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.