Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2022: The Great Reveal!

New
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2023 9:51 PM
Mar 2020
The event was great! Thank you to the elves who made it possible :)
Jan 8, 2023 9:55 PM
Sep 2019
@Pat016 thanks for the  recommendation
and thank you all !
Jan 8, 2023 10:02 PM

Jun 2020
this was so fun! thank u to all the amazing elves <3
forum avi: sia_job00 on twt

Jan 8, 2023 10:05 PM

Jan 2021
This is my first time joining the event and it was so much fun. Huge thanks to all the elves who have been doing a ton of work behind the scenes during the busy holiday season and making this event possible. I hope to join the next Secret Santa as well!
MALoween✟Mansion 2023 Candies:

Jan 8, 2023 10:07 PM

Aug 2020
A big thanks to the elves for their hard work!
Looking forward to the next Secret Santa event in the future :D

Hey, @nozomemee! First of all, thank you so much for the beautiful forum set <3 Truth be told, I had quite the tough time choosing between the 2 that you made (ノ_<。) haha. Love how you made the Killua set in GIF format btw! That's creative and lowkey makes the usual static forum set seem a bit livelier ;D I really appreciate the time that you took to make them and also for the incredibly sweet message that you wrote. At last but not least, hope this 2023 treats you well and that you get to make more precious moments with your loved ones (>ᴗ•)

P.S. I may or may not have taken a peek at the gifts before reading the message, oops ⚆_⚆
Jan 8, 2023 10:08 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Kineta said:
Please remember that it's near impossible to get a gift 100% to your liking from a person who knows nothing about you
@Kineta and @Lopika maybe because my request was so exact, but THERE IS 100% liking in the Toushirou + Park Romi roster that I didn't know about !!!

Lopika you knew that anime I wanted only after just starting Bleach...... LMAO

Your rec anime was TOP 5, I have so much to thank you. When you finish Bleach (fillers included XD), trust me IT WILL come full circle how right the rec you made was this day :)

I love your choice so much it is the best and would also be the first recommendation to ANY Bleach fan !!!
iamKetranLangJan 8, 2023 10:14 PM
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 8, 2023 10:10 PM
Apr 2021
Very nice!
My Candies:
Jan 8, 2023 10:15 PM

Oct 2020
thanks to everyone involved in making this secret santa another success xx
it was my first time as an gfx elf and i hope all the recipients (including my own) enjoyed all the gifts ♡
and of course a special shoutout to cozii for my drop-dead gorgeous darling setttt

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Jan 8, 2023 10:29 PM

Jul 2021
@NoblesseEssentia thankyou so much for the suisei forum set!!
Jan 8, 2023 10:40 PM

Apr 2021
Thanks a lot for hosting this Secret Santa Editon ! Must say, it was really fun making a gift for someone. Hope everyone had a great christmas n.n 

Jan 8, 2023 10:40 PM
Feb 2021
Huge thanks to all the elves who worked on the event, it was great !

And of course, thanks to both my secret santas @AestheticFanatic and @hugrim for the recommendations of animes/mangas I probably would have never given a go.
Jan 8, 2023 10:56 PM

Sep 2020
I had such a fun time participating in my first ever MAL Secret Santa. I already can't wait for next year! o(≧▽≦)o Thank you so much to all the elves for organizing and managing this event! You are all amazing!

Also a big shoutout to my Secret Santa @Bao_Michael! I really appreciate all of your recommendations especially with my long PTW list. o(><;)○ They all look like a lot of fun! I'm excited to go through and watch all of them when I get the chance. (P.S. I loved the cute kaomojis you used!)
Jan 8, 2023 10:58 PM

Mar 2022
Thank you elves this event was fun !! 

Jan 8, 2023 11:01 PM
Feb 2022
@Ahmedahmed8647 I plan on adding Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu and Belzebub to my list. Thank you for the recommendations
Jan 8, 2023 11:06 PM

Mar 2011
Now this was quite a Challenge. Maybe, a little more time to prepare & make the gifts next year could help. Other than that, it was fun. Once again, a big THX to the Elves who probably went through All-Nighters to get it done (The Elves' Christmas Song from Futurama comes to mind*) and special THX @Jokobo. I promise I'll try to get my hands on the recommended series ASAP (One is currently 'regionblocked' - or better, the Player is unsupported - , and the other is only for Premium Members). Nevertheless, I'd like to show my Gratitude for you giving your best effort to come up with your gift…

@DatBoi_Theo NOBODY has gotten their hypothetical Badges yet. As usual, they'll take some time AFTER the Closure of the Event as well. And no, it was clearly stated in the OP that you only need to subscribe to one of them to get it (Unless, possibly, if you were a Naughty Santa). ;-)

minmi_pen said:
How can I find out who send my gift? I want to thank them.

@minmi_pen Just check the first page of this Thread.
HapposamaJan 11, 2023 3:31 AM
Jan 8, 2023 11:07 PM

Aug 2008
Participated in the image edition this year just because I was lured by the penguin badge fml
Really had fun making the layout for @usagimodoki- regardless, even though I felt like the gift making period is pretty limited to me due to my sudden irl priorities.

On a side note, I am just wondering whether it is okay for some recipients who participated in the image edition to not showcase what their santas made them?Cause I feel that it is kinda disrespectful and ungrateful towards people who have spent their time making gifts for them. Kudos to all the elves for the hard work on making this event a success~
ShinoJan 8, 2023 11:11 PM

Forum set is a gift from Bunnyama
Jan 8, 2023 11:07 PM

Apr 2011
A big thank you to everyone who organized and helped during this event! All the hardworking elves deserve a special badge! ❤️

And another big thank you to @WeebExile for the awesome recommendation!
Odd Taxi is amazing! I'm currently on episode 7 and I loved every minute of it! The attention to detail is incredible and the storytelling is masterfully done! Everything just flows perfectly! I don't want to rush so I'm taking it slow because I don't want to miss any important details. I also like to come up with my own theories about Odokawa (especially about his medical condition)! What can I say? I'm excited to discover how this series will end. Thank you, again! ❤️
Jan 8, 2023 11:08 PM
Mar 2021
Thanks for hosting this event, and I thank all the elves for their efforts. Happy 2023!
Jan 8, 2023 11:11 PM

Jan 2021
what a great event, thanks for all the staff and the elves for held this event.

and for my secret santa @Alphyx thanks for the gift, i really enjoy watching Shiki, even it is not my main genre. for the other title, i actually have watched some before and still wont to continue to watch it for some reason (not because those anime is bad, just som personal reason)
Link___Jan 9, 2023 8:25 AM
Jan 8, 2023 11:14 PM

Aug 2008
@Slayer9568 thank you for the recommendation.

Of the animes, "Honzuki no Gekokujou" was the most interesting for me.

It's a good anime and I even managed to watch the first season already. The small anecdotes in the episodes were very funny and the story was always nice told. But Myne’s obsession with books in the first episodes was a bit hard to bear and almost annoying for me, which doesn't make her to my favorite character of the show (as the protagonist). I was more surprised by the kindness of Frida who did not turn out to be a “Ojou-sama” and for me she brought an added value for the show.

I think of the recommendations, this one will be (for the moment) remain the only one I'm going to watch, but for that I have three seasons here that I'm going to watch.

Thank you very much and happy new year. :)
Jan 8, 2023 11:16 PM
Aug 2021
oh, hello @nikodragu3 i gladly appreciate the gift!

it’s really awesome ~
StaciasJan 9, 2023 12:02 AM
Jan 8, 2023 11:19 PM
Sep 2018
Thanks to all the elves for doing this!

Thank you @ elsaleya for my gift it's been awesome so far! Kiyo and Sumire are both rly nice and their friendship is super nice too.
ShiroKuro_Jan 8, 2023 11:25 PM
Jan 8, 2023 11:27 PM

Nov 2017
@Jicetus Thanks for the awesome forum sets (especially the Wondance one), happy to hear that you started Kage no Jitsuryokusha!

SET BY WKTEO SET BY WKTEO SET BY WKTEO SET BY AEGIS IS MY WIFE SET BY WKTEO SET BY WKTEO
Jan 8, 2023 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
Thank you @ANormalUser for your recommendations!

Thank you Elves for making this possible!

Happy New Years!
Jan 8, 2023 11:41 PM

Nov 2021
Thank you for your anime rec. @ShadowNeo2
I haven't started watching Angel Beats and Hunter x Hunter yet but I think I will soon. Thanks again and hope you had a good holiday!
Main candy:
Bonus candy: x1

Jan 8, 2023 11:43 PM

Sep 2020
Thank you @electryman, your note was very sweet to read. I also really liked my gift. First season was flawless, second season was not as good as first but I am glad to know that it was anime original. I am going to read the manga now :). I was really happy to know that both of us liked Talentless Nana so much and now I noticed that we also really liked watching KMK. You were a good match for me and a good Santa. 
Jan 8, 2023 11:50 PM
Dec 2021
Thank you very much to all the elves for the great job. It was a fantasitic event.

Thank you to my secret santa @Confused-_- for the presents. I finised Drifters and it was great.
Jan 8, 2023 11:50 PM

Jul 2019
Loved the event, 2nd year taking part and plan to continue doing so. It is always fun getting secret santa gifts like this, but I wonder how much more difficult it will become as the years go on and I read and watch more and more things for those who have to make a gift for me. Anyways thanks for all the time and effort that goes into this event. 
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Jan 8, 2023 11:57 PM
Sep 2015
thank you all the elfs and people who made this event enjoyable! it was my first one and i had a great time! thank you santa for the great and funny recommendation peepoHappy
Jan 9, 2023 12:05 AM

Dec 2017
Thank you to the committee for making such an exciting event this year!
Jan 9, 2023 12:09 AM
🇵🇰🇯🇵

Dec 2018
Baka_Nima456 said:
It was my first ever participation in this winter❄⛄ event.... It was fun and enjoyable 🤹‍♂️.Hoping to participate in the coming events of this year too🤗.. Thanks 🙇‍♂️👏 to all the coordinators 👨‍💻 and elfs 🤶 for their hard work for making this event a success🎟 despite their busy schedule 📅..

And,

@DarkEmperor69 Thanks for the recommendation (*ゝωб*)b....
He he he, np. Glad to help you.
Jan 9, 2023 12:13 AM
🇵🇰🇯🇵

Dec 2018
Tysm @shirayukiiRei for your suggestion. This was my first time participating and I really enjoyed it.
Thanks to all the elves and santas too for making this event enjoyable.
Jan 9, 2023 12:22 AM

Sep 2021
cool event, my recommendations were much appreciated

@gaussian_
thanks for the recommendations, boogiepop was enjoyable and I'll be checking out the other adaptation some time in the future and the same goes for 3-gatsu no lion, admittedly I wasn't the biggest fan of Acca tho but that's just one egg lost over many 
Jan 9, 2023 12:31 AM
Jul 2020
This is was my first secret santa and I really enjoyed it. Thank you so much to the elves who had to work so hard to bring us all together, and thank you so much to my secret santa @moonchu9, who recommended a show that perfectly fit what I asked for.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year everyone!
Jan 9, 2023 12:33 AM
Jan 2021
Ayo @Flashmens my original plan was to only watch like the first 3 eps of the recommend you gave me but I liked baby steps so much, I watched the entire anime haha. Thank you SO much for pushing me to finally watching baby steps I always had it on my radar but thought it would be a romance tennis doubles anime and I didn't think I was this wrong lmaoooo. Gonna watch Run with the Wind soon, since you also recommended me that and you seem like a trustworthy source for good anime!
Jan 9, 2023 12:37 AM
Mar 2021
Thank all of you so much for your effort, special thanks to all elves doing an amazing job <3

@FeezyWheezy also special thanks to you, I've watched Boku dake ga Inai Machi in one session the same day I recieved your recommendation and liked it a lot, the theme was interesting and the vibe was just amazing. Id:Invaded is also noted and on my Plan to Watch now and I'm looking forward to it! Really hope 2023 will be a great year for you :)
Jan 9, 2023 12:40 AM

Jan 2009
Secret Santa impressed me this year. The long wait has been worthwhile. It was amazing to get an anime like one of my favoritest: I was sure that I watched all similar ones. So, it was about the second anime in the collection.
The first anime recommended to me also matched my taste. I understand that I set a difficult task with my request, but Santa handled it beautifully and I received a great gift. @Moonsparkle , thank you a lot! 
And there is still a third anime that I just have to evaluate)
Oh! And I'm so thankful to the all the elves and the team of MAL!)
Jan 9, 2023 12:45 AM

Sep 2019
Thank you for making this event so amazing! The elves worked so hard a BIG THANK YOU to all the elves you all are much appreciated ^_^ I enjoyed participating in this event i got really good recommendations.
Main Candies:

Bonus candy:
Jan 9, 2023 12:57 AM

May 2009
@Gwathgor I still haven't had time to watch any but after finishing up Air Gear, I'll begin Saraiya Goyou. I'm looking forward to watch your recommendations, I really liked the message you sent me. Happy 2023 everybody and hope everyone had a wonderful xmas season. Thank you for the amazing effort from all the elves!
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Jan 9, 2023 1:00 AM
Sep 2021
Thank you corvKa for the recommendation. I really enjoyed it, from the characters to the fight scenes and the story especially. Good choice 
My candies:

Jan 9, 2023 1:01 AM
Aug 2017
Thank you everyone!! And also special thanks to my secret santas @Pilzi and @rogueandtasty <3
Jan 9, 2023 1:02 AM
Jan 2021
Thank you, Elves.  

I had fun participating in this event.  I felt like the profiles I got matched with were good fits.  Our "levels" of anime fan were close enough that it really felt as if there were only a handful of potential recommendations to offer, but that made them feel like they would hopefully be a hidden gem that the recipient had never heard of yet.  In my case, the homie @FeezyWheezy hooked it up with just that, by recommending Jormungand, which I had never heard of, and likely never would have.  8 episodes in so far, it's ticking all the right boxes.  Couldn't be happier with my gift.  Hopefully the gift rec I sent out can be viewed the same way :)

So shoutout to the elves for all the research they did to made the process so smooth.  Nothing but good things to say about my experience with this event.  You guys are the truth.
Jan 9, 2023 1:02 AM
Mar 2020
Happy 2023 weebs
Jan 9, 2023 1:04 AM
Nov 2022
Hey...  @AngelicSleepy,
Thanks for your recommendation. It was helpful. I already watched the first two seasons and will start the third season soon. 
faniloyJan 9, 2023 1:08 AM
Jan 9, 2023 1:17 AM

Dec 2013
@FeezyWheezy Thanks for the recommendations! I have yet to check Id:invaded but I loved Kanata no Astra, the space atmosphere and the survival themes were just what I wanted to watch that moment. And have a happy new year!

And a big thank you elves for this event, it was nice and interesting :)
Jan 9, 2023 1:20 AM

Aug 2018
@Lajnuz Thanks a lot for the recommendation. 
Noitora33Jan 9, 2023 1:32 AM
Araragi-kun, genki ii ne? Nanika iikoto demo attanokai?

Jan 9, 2023 1:21 AM

Jun 2014
@EnjoyerOfAnime
Thank you for the recommendations! Love the opening of the anime & Dark Schneider. I plan on watching the rest and Tomodachi game when I finish my plan to watch for last season.
Kineta said:
Second of all, please take the time to give A BIG THANK YOU to all of our ELVES.
Thank you Elves for all your work. I am glad I did not miss out on this event.
@firefractal
And thank you firefractal for your comment.

Here's to another year!
God bless!

Edit: First time knowing you can mention people by using @
GeneralsurvivalJan 9, 2023 2:18 AM

Jan 9, 2023 1:33 AM

Dec 2021
I really enjoyed this event, thank you Elves!!
Jan 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Apr 2012
Thank you so much @_Alive_ @rogueandtasty and the rest of the team. Stray Dogs was a pretty good experience. And while I'm not sure I'll catch up with Season 4 in time, I had a pretty good time!

RobertBobertJan 9, 2023 1:47 AM
Jan 9, 2023 1:42 AM

Feb 2017
I loved the idea of leaving my anime viewing to the whims of someone else. Great pairing this year, I could tell my santa put effort into the letter they wrote me.

As a participant, the event was a blast with the only downside being the test of patience before being allowed to open my gift XD

Big thank you to everyone who contributed and made this big community event a success.

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (June 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - May 3

2 by jay »»
Jun 2, 7:48 PM

» Best Signature Design - June 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Jun 2

0 by Nate »»
Jun 2, 1:20 PM

» Best Profile Design (April 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - May 3

5 by Bunnyama »»
May 8, 10:11 AM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Winners

Nate - May 1

9 by Bunnyama »»
May 4, 6:59 AM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

23 by Nate »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.