Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2022 4:35 PM
Dec 2018
i wish bleach can't fear your own world light novels adapted into movie. Tite Kubo hasn't finished 40% of his story in entire bleach manga. He said that he wanted it to be protagonist centered. Otherwise the story would divert.
Oct 11, 2022 4:36 PM
Aug 2020
CickNipolla said:
k11chi said:
You're paying too much attention to the vocal minority.

Probably none of them ever even actually watched the series.

i mean for being a big 3 show, it having a 7.8 rating isnt the best

i don’t even think it’s about the rating… 7.8 is good imo but if you look at youtube then you’ll see videos bashing bleach like supereyepatchwolf or Gigguk and with their fans being fans they pick on those opinions.
Oct 11, 2022 4:44 PM
Feb 2022
1-the bleach true fans liked the nostalgia and the fanservice of the show after years of not having it

2-there are a lot of “new fans” because of the animation (and I could gamble that majority of them didnt even watched the first seasons, just a short resumee on the internet)

3- whatever becomes famous on the anime community (I mean really big famous) those days atract a lot of people’s opinions into the same one even if it’s a generic show. (As example chainsaw man, demon slayer, spy x family)

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying that these shows are bad, im just saying that most of people doesn’t even have a precise opinion on then and can’t even explain in details what they really liked and disliked about the show, they just say the same that the majority says

-I think that these are the major reasons
Oct 11, 2022 4:46 PM

Oct 2009
Like others have said it's because one of the big 3 (so huge fanbase) is returning after a decade. The score & hype will die down over time. Bleach is not going to keep its above 9 score.

Oct 11, 2022 4:54 PM

Dec 2008
because it was the best shounen after DBZ? Also this last arc is the darkest one so fans are hyped.
go watch loli hentai sussy baka
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire."
Oct 11, 2022 4:58 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
CickNipolla said:
Two years ago, you ask anyone about bleach, they would say three things

- Its the worst out of the big 3
- Its only good arc is soul society
- Too much filler

But once they announced a final season, people just did a 180 on their opinions of this show.

1. It is the worst out of the big 3 if you don't count Boruto for Naruto but that doesn't mean its bad
2. That is false
3. True but just skip them not that hard to skip episodes lmao
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Oct 11, 2022 5:07 PM
Sep 2013
People just forgot how much everyone hated this arc when it was being released.
Ok, maybe "hated" is a wrong word - everyone was... bored? There was a lot of shock value and unexpected moments in early chapters of 1000y War Arc, which brought a lot of attention and praise... but then we returned to the good old post-Soul society bleach: fakeout deaths, power-ups to win a fight, characters literally standing in a queue (hero 1 defeats villain 1, villain 2 enters, defeats hero 1, but then hero 2 enters etc etc). Also, arc's ending was atrocious - one of the worst and laziest deus ex machinas i've seen.

So yeah, i REALLY don't get how this is now rated 1 with 9.14. Especially since 1st episode is more like the introduction that doesn't progress story - only rejugs the memory.
Oct 11, 2022 5:09 PM
Oct 2021
samsince04 said:
not everyone did a 180. I haven't watched Bleach in ages and I don't plan on doing that anytime soon.

Then why would u be here๐Ÿคฃ
Oct 11, 2022 5:09 PM

May 2020
DragonYuk said:
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

But once they announced a final season, people just did a 180 on their opinions of this show.

1. It is the worst out of the big 3 if you don't count Boruto for Naruto but that doesn't mean its bad
2. That is false

you cant be a fan of a show if u skip episodes. it just shows u have no back bone
Oct 11, 2022 5:11 PM

Feb 2021
Flashy animation+hype, and hate has shifted to Naruto mainly (although OP is getting its fair share now too)
Oct 11, 2022 5:15 PM

Feb 2021
@berial6 I read the forums from then when I was reading through, there were some that kept complaining AND complaining on and on every forum, it's just like just drop the series if you don't enjoy it, yeah the main consensus was that things were going way too slow and the chapters were too fast to read, there was positivity around a certain flashback much later on (not the one with a certain female, a different one) but after that, yeah it went DOOOOOOWWWN from there, I wouldn't recommend to anyone to read the forums from then, it just gets exhausting looking at complaint after complaint
Oct 11, 2022 5:15 PM
Jan 2017
Well generally to watch a sequel you have to watch everything that came first. Bleach is one of the most dropped shows on this website, so most of the people watching this arc are people who already love the series.
Oct 11, 2022 5:16 PM

Jan 2016
Bleach is my fav anime, but tbf the fillers killed the flow when it was initially released. Then you had like 5-6 mins recaps which Im sure many people didnt like.

Oct 11, 2022 5:26 PM
Jul 2021
All of those opinions still hold true for most people. It's just the only people talking about Bleach these days are the people who stuck around for the end and obviously they ultimately enjoy the series and they're the ones controlling the conversation. Give it a few weeks for people to remember what Bleach was like.
Oct 11, 2022 5:33 PM

Jul 2012
CickNipolla said:
DragonYuk said:

2. That is false

you cant be a fan of a show if u skip episodes. it just shows u have no back bone

Great Ninja war and Naruto fillers are the worst parts of the anime, also first Naruto ended in tons of trashy fillers. I really liked Naruto but its definitely my least fav from big 3. Soul Society definetly is not only good arc, like fucking Grimmjow and Ulquiorra fight or Nnotiora vs Kenpachi, Aizen vs Captain i really don't know why people have such opinion of this arc... About fillers in Bleach if you exclude first Bounto arc or however it was called, rest are pretty good, especially ones with civil war where you can see all zanpaktou true forms with banger opening, in my opinion best fillers from big trio.
Oct 11, 2022 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
Bleach was my first battle shounen ever and I basically agree with the OP. That said, I'm undeniably hyped about this final season. I'm not expecting a god tier shift in storytelling or characterization, but everything I've seen of it so far has reignited my adolescent soul from back when Bleach was my all time favorite.
Oct 11, 2022 6:24 PM
Oct 2019
sandstart said:
People who hate Bleach won’t watch the new season in the first place.

You’d be surprised.
Oct 11, 2022 6:30 PM

May 2020
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

i was wondering the same thing

Oct 11, 2022 6:37 PM
Oct 2022
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

Nope. My opinion hasn't changed. In high school, I was a dirhard fan. I would wake up at 4 AM just to TORRENT the latest episode. Then...it got repetitive. After Aizen, it just seemed pointless and dragging. I already know the plot of the new season and it hasn't changed my mind about Bleach. Kubo can REALLY draw and the music is lit...but goddamn, he needs to get a better writer because he's weak at that part.
Oct 11, 2022 6:37 PM

Nov 2007
I think some of the reasonings already listed by others in this thread:

- Fresh content; the final manga arc finally being adapted when everyone thought (think even VIZ, or Tite Kubo himself, or some other factor) saying the anime was forever ended years ago.
- BLEACH was always a great anime series - the ratings were just being hampered because of pacing and fillers, just like Naruto and One Piece. It's not one of those shonen series like FMA: Brotherhood and Gintama where it's consistently ranked high but that's ok.
- When it shines in episodes and arcs (Soul Society by unanimous consent), it really shines.
- I for one love this; always been a fan of BLEACH since I was 13-14 in 2005-2006, hence why my username is 'Vizard."

Let's keep the momentum and high praises going for Bleach. Woohoo!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 11, 2022 6:48 PM

Jul 2021
Bleach had a huge fanbase, those were just the haters lmao

Oct 11, 2022 6:49 PM

Dec 2015
CickNipolla said:

- Too much filler

Everyone? So I guess Fans like me who were not afraid to say that they Love Bleach didn't exist at 2020... yeah nice one x)

There are alot of people like me who since 2012 or even earlier was saying that they love Bleach despite the Fillers. You just haven't followed the proper fandoms like /r/bleach or youtube channels like Mr Tommo or those who are dedicated to Bleach universe x).

Oh Almost forgot a reminder [The public opinion didn't change, just haters lost their main argument "Will never come back"]:

ZettaikenOct 11, 2022 7:15 PM
Oct 11, 2022 6:51 PM
Aug 2018
CickNipolla said:
k11chi said:

Just cause the Bleach series itself isn’t that good. This new series will be one arc which is the best arc in Bleach. Rating a lot of arcs compared to 1 is like comparing 2 different shows.
Oct 11, 2022 7:09 PM

Feb 2012
CickNipolla said:
Linus_Li_Lelouch said:

lol no. DB is a household name. No one outside the anime community even know what demon slayer is

youre right, demon slayer has totally NOT been more popular than dragon ball since its release. that blue being above red does NOT mean anything. dragon ball did NOT need fortnite to finally become relevant again

if you really think that Kimetsu no Yaiba is more popular than dragon ball, I recommend you to do a search on the sales number of the last dragonball games, they all exceed 8 million sales, things that never happened "at their peak" dragonball is not a franchise that was popularized by the manga and yes by the anime.
The popularity of a work is not just what it sells from the original product, but from its derivatives as well.
ZeroDownOct 11, 2022 8:58 PM

Oct 11, 2022 7:14 PM

May 2020
_spoon_ said:

thats not how things work lol

osama bin laden had a " huge fan base " he was still hated by 90% of the world
Oct 11, 2022 7:16 PM

May 2020
ZeroDown said:
CickNipolla said:

youre right, demon slayer has totally NOT been more popular than dragon ball since its release. that blue being above red does NOT mean anything. dragon ball did NOT need fortnite to finally become relevant again

CickNipolla said:

if you really think that Kimetsu no Yaiba is more popular than dragon ball, I recommend you to do a search on the sales number of the last dragonball games, they all exceed 8 million sales, things that never happened "at their peak" dragonball is not a franchise that was popularized by the manga and yes by the anime.
The popularity of a work is not just what it sells from the original product, but from its derivatives as well.

dragon ball has had 30 years worth of advertising to help build its popularity. and its still been eclipsed by demon slayer in 3 years
Oct 11, 2022 7:18 PM

Jul 2021
CickNipolla said:
_spoon_ said:

thats not how things work lol

osama bin laden had a " huge fan base " he was still hated by 90% of the world
Fanbase literally means fans not haters ๐Ÿ’€

Oct 11, 2022 7:28 PM
Oct 2022
I saw lot of tiktok user shitting bleach now adays before and after the release of tybw bleach idk why they trollin so hard
Oct 11, 2022 7:28 PM
Sep 2008
I agree with all 3 of the opinions stated by OP. I also read the manga and think this arc is pretty trash overall and the ending is dog shit. Regardless, I'm still excited about the return and am watching this season.

As they say, nostalgia is one hell of a drug. A ton of people are just excited to see these characters in action again after so long and have fond memories from their childhood and early anime years. The animation and art style have been kicked up a notch which definitely helps too.

and regardless of the manga getting axed/rushed through (I know people debate the exact handling of this series behind the scenes) it was part of the big three as you said. Even being considered the worst, it has a shit load of fans. It'd be as if One Piece or Naruto just stopped before the final arc and then announced a bigger budget comeback after 10 years. People will obviously lose their shit.

Another reason is that even though the mangas ending was pretty poorly received, there are interviews about expanding on some parts of this arc and Kubo's overseeing some additional material and fights. I think this made some of the detractors curious if these changes will help change perceptions on the arc as a whole (though I doubt it will that much).
Oct 11, 2022 7:30 PM

Jun 2016
I don't know who's ''anyone''.

Never met people that thought bleach was subpar.

There isn't even a source to what you're saying.
Oct 11, 2022 7:31 PM

May 2020
Usagi-san-chan said:

did u try reading a single comment in this thread? kpoop stan
Oct 11, 2022 7:34 PM

Feb 2017
CickNipolla said:
k11chi said:

MAL rating doesn't really matter, that much
Oct 11, 2022 7:42 PM

Jun 2016
CickNipolla said:
Usagi-san-chan said:

Most people in this thread are saying that they've been fans for a long.

So maybe you should go find your ''2 years ago'' comments and find something to do with your days than creating trash bait treads all day long like a NEET.
Oct 11, 2022 7:45 PM

May 2020
Usagi-san-chan said:
CickNipolla said:

So maybe you should go find your ''2 years ago'' comments and find something to do with your days than creating trash bait treads all day long like a NEET.

bro did NOT read a single comment in the thread lol
Oct 11, 2022 7:47 PM

Jan 2018
CickNipolla said:
k11chi said:

Myanimelist scores mean absolutely nothing, Bleach is and always has been a worldwide phenomenon that is several times more successful then a lot of the top 10 anime on here
Oct 11, 2022 7:48 PM
Apr 2022
CickNipolla said:
k11chi said:

look at the list, it had a 9.25. the only reason it dosent is cause FMA fans really do be like that
Oct 11, 2022 7:49 PM
Sep 2020
CickNipolla said:
k11chi said:

That's becoz of the ending of the manga

Before the ending the manga was rated very high almost top 3 but after the ending dropped people hated the fact that Kubo didn't take the final chapters seriously ,so that is why the ratings dropped
Oct 11, 2022 7:49 PM

Jan 2018
Mileena-san said:
Nostalgia + people that think there is only shounen anime exist
False, shonen is simply the most popular, I enjoy all anime but this is obvious
Oct 11, 2022 7:52 PM

Jan 2021
CickNipolla said:
k11chi said:

Dragon ball super is the most popular anime in the west btw
Public opinions aren't weaboo communities opinions.

demon slayer and naruto are obviously more popular than dragon ball at its peak. thats kinda obvious to anyone past high school

> Demon Slayer
> More popular than Dragon Ball

I challenge you to go asking around the streets to people if they know Kimetsu and Dragon Ball, let's see if it REALLY is more popular.
Oct 11, 2022 7:52 PM
Jun 2022
Because people are bandwagons they go with the popular narrative this even applies to many other topics in life.
Oct 11, 2022 7:56 PM
Nov 2013
It is a bit funny seeing it as a fan since I saw the first episode back in like 06. I didn't like the way the anime ended so I didn't give it the best score but the manga was great. I remember trying to get a friend of mine at work to watch bleach and he watched like 5 minutes of an episode and seen Ichigo flying while fighting grimmjow in karakura and just said it was stupid (while going on to rave about avatar) I mean avatar was good, but really...

That's how I imagine every interaction with somebody that doesn't like bleach goes about it, it's still early so they'll probably start back after about 8 episodes in once they discover it's back for the hating, just give it some time.
Oct 11, 2022 7:58 PM

Jun 2016
CickNipolla said:
Usagi-san-chan said:

bro did NOT read a single comment in the thread lol

Trying to deviate from the fact that you don't actually have sources or stats? I hope you find the meaning of your life.
Oct 11, 2022 8:08 PM

Sep 2020
Kamieee said:
samsince04 said:
not everyone did a 180. I haven't watched Bleach in ages and I don't plan on doing that anytime soon.

Then why would u be here๐Ÿคฃ
So I can't answer a question about a show that I've watched in the past? Do I have to be a mindless dฬถrฬถoฬถnฬถeฬถ fan of Bleach to answer a simple question?

"๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š."- ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Oct 11, 2022 8:28 PM

Aug 2017
Ratio + Nostalgia + waiting 9(+) years for this.

Doesn't help that the trailers helped bring back the Bleach hype to the fans out there.
One of the OG big 3 shounen shows. The popularity will revamp back up stronger than before.

Oct 11, 2022 8:51 PM
Oct 2020
Mack_Yeager said:

Before the ending the manga was rated very high almost top 3 but after the ending dropped people hated the fact that Kubo didn't take the final chapters seriously ,so that is why the ratings dropped

Bleach's rating was never near the top. Don't lie.
Oct 11, 2022 9:07 PM

Feb 2012
CickNipolla said:

demon slayer and naruto are obviously more popular than dragon ball at its peak. thats kinda obvious to anyone past high school

> Demon Slayer

I challenge you to go asking around the streets to people if they know Kimetsu and Dragon Ball, let's see if it REALLY is more popular.

The open TV anime generation is much more popular than the stream generation, they who consolidated anime in the west, he speaks as one of the stream generation who thinks season anime is the apex of the anime world, all relevant anime worldwide that They didn't lose their fame, they were continuous release animes. The rule in the world of anime is clear, works worldwide popular are those of continuous release and on TV.

Kimetsu no Yaiba had a sales boom because there was no anime, otherwise people would just watch the anime and there would be no sales, that's how the anime-manga industry works in the west.
ZeroDownOct 11, 2022 9:26 PM

Oct 11, 2022 9:10 PM
Aug 2020
it wouldnt say its all about nostalgia tbh , like jjk and ds are very popular rn and they are kinda inspired of bleach , but the ep hit pretty hard with animation , nostalgia , ost...
Oct 11, 2022 9:11 PM

Jan 2018
Good animation=poggers. People have no standards for plots and characters these days it's insane. It's Bleach folks, it ends at Soul Society arc, period.
Oct 11, 2022 9:14 PM
May 2017
Nostalgia and better animation than rest of the show airing let to quick turn around. Plus, rise in Fascism lead to desiring Yhwach like characters. I myself got into Bleach because I heard looking at Yhwach and seeing the Otto von Bismarck with Hugo Boss style.

I had to jump in.
Oct 11, 2022 9:18 PM

May 2020
Ionliosite2 said:
CickNipolla said:

> Demon Slayer

considering most people on the street are homeless people, i'd say they know neither
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ichigo and yhwach final fight

RaPZoD - May 31

15 by Blontay »»
Jun 2, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 26, 2022

584 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 2, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Dec 19, 2022

219 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 1, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 12, 2022

315 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 31, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2022

271 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 31, 4:03 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.