Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 17, 2022 11:51 PM

Aug 2021
Best episode of the season for me so far. I loved the references made. Take on me followed by Persona made the fanboy in me quite happy. Planet of the Apes was just the cherry on top.

Next weeks hour long special can't come soon enough. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds
Jun 18, 2022 12:20 AM
Feb 2021
JCas38 said:
The "Take On Me'" reference got me good, I thought at first that it was a little funny gag, but it didn't hit me until the end of the episode to realize just how well it coincides with Shirogane's current situation.

Exactly. I don't know if it was a coincidence or deliberate, but it sure had the message in the chorus.
Jun 18, 2022 1:10 AM

Apr 2021
It hits really different since the preparations for the cultural festival started. You know, you'll have this unexplained emotions wherein you would want to laugh so hard to the comedic parts but can't totally do it because of the tension as well. I mean it's also serious at some point. Which I could say why this is at its peak. I love this sensation made possible by the wonderful execution of A1 pictures.

Meanwhile, starting at 19:48, it feels like I was playing the very first RE released lmao. Kaguya running to the wall was nostalgic in the game.

Jun 18, 2022 1:28 AM
Jun 2019
congrats shirogane!!! though not on the best time unfortunately
Jun 18, 2022 1:38 AM

Jul 2019
Great, great, great stuff. Among all of the intricacies and pink ponies I mostly laughed about Iino's small failed affair. And of course the cliffhanger that dropped like a jump into abyss.
Jun 18, 2022 1:49 AM
Sep 2021
Time to prepare myself for next week. Also the fact that almost no one recognised the persona series reference to Arsene and phantom thief.
Jun 18, 2022 1:54 AM

Jul 2021
Fuck

Such a depressing news for Shinomiya after having such a blast with Kaicho. All that fun she had, all that luck she had was just to prepare her for what was going to come next. Man I have no idea how Kaguya's gonna handle this news, is she gonna get desperate and confess so that they can at least spend the remaining school year together or will she close her heart off and become ice princess again to avoid any more pain? And just one more episode left AAAAAAAA fuck.

Things aren't looking too bad for Yuu though, if I had to guess I think Tsubme's gonna decide on getting to know Yuu more, she more or less confirmed that it's not gonna be an outright rejection, good for Yu.

Kaguya's "ale? ale? ale?..." was so cute and equally hilarious. That whole part of Miyuki asking her out to check out events was just so good.

6/5 episode.
TsutanaiFuunJun 18, 2022 2:04 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 18, 2022 2:31 AM
May 2020
damn, what a cliffhanger. i wanna see kaguya's reaction
Jun 18, 2022 3:14 AM
Apr 2020
As someone who hasn’t read the manga and will soon, shirogane is gonna leave kaguya to study has me in stock.

(I will read the manga after the season ends I can’t take the gaps between seasons)

(The power of school festivals am I right lol)
Jun 18, 2022 3:20 AM

May 2016
Finally getting down to the juicy parts.
great episode 5/5
Jun 18, 2022 3:36 AM

Nov 2021
Amazing episode. Miko was absolutely hilarious in this episode. That Resident Evil reference was a surprise but a welcome one.
Jun 18, 2022 3:39 AM
Apr 2018
Good Luck ISHIGAMI.

Don't know how things will turn for KAGUYA and SHIROGANE. Who will confess first? Who will win? ;3 (It's a win-win situation for both for sure)
Jun 18, 2022 3:47 AM
Apr 2020
2 WORDS: PEAK FICTION

This adaptation man, it is just so creative, so full of passion, and detailed. Every second of it is smile-inducing. This part of the manga is absolute peak romcom, and adapted it is absolute peak anime.

Kaguya is just too cute and adorable, and hilarious, I can’t- I love her sm lmao
Shirogane is an absolute sigma chad🗿
Every char is amazing, and every moment with them is endearing.
The amount of creative references this season is awesome too lmao, the directing is god-tier, aswell as the animation. I really couldn’t imagine a better adaptation. A-1 have outdone themselves.

5/5
10/10

How I’m supposed to wait a WHOLE WEEK for the next ep, fucc
Too goated for a mf to handle.
Jun 18, 2022 3:48 AM
Oct 2019
is the Phantom Thief reference from Detective Conan?
the music reminds me of it.

Fortune Teller girl is all we need from the beginning, where are you all this time? lol

Next Episode Season Finale is special 2 episodes as one...

ULTRA ROMANTIC!!
Jun 18, 2022 5:17 AM

Dec 2009
Great episode but Ayasaka stole the show in 10 seconds flat.
Jun 18, 2022 5:19 AM

May 2021
Great ep as usual.managed to only add,not reduce.
Jun 18, 2022 5:39 AM
Jun 2017
its coming.... the last episode.... what will happen between Shirogane and Shinomiya? lets go... and im super excited about this one already
Jun 18, 2022 6:58 AM

Feb 2014
This episode did a nice job with the Take On Me and Resident Evil references. =)

Chika has gone into full detective mode and is focusing hard on catching the phantom thief. When the brave boy went to confess to her, the way she rejected him in a form of a quiz was rather amusing, but at least he took her rejection well. That, and how Miko had to be saved by Ishigami when she was hit on by two guys, happened when Kaguya and Tsubame were talking about what answer she wants to tell Ishigami after his move last week. I can only hope that Ishigami will be satisfied with her answer, regardless of the outcome.

After that, Miyuki asked Kaguya to hang out with him to enjoy the festival itself, which was rather cute and funny, especially with the visit to the fortune telling booth. However, after they both got back to the council room, Miyuki finally told Kaguya that after the end of his second year, he'll be leaving the school so he can study abroad at Stanford.

A perfect way to end the episode on a cliffhanger. I'm also glad that the final episode will be a double-length episode as well, so I highly look forward to seeing how things will go for everyone.
Jun 18, 2022 7:05 AM
Feb 2022
loved it! I can't wait for the finale!
Jun 18, 2022 7:07 AM

Dec 2018
Wonderful episode!! The best of this season so far, and possibly one of Kaguya's best as well. Comedy hits, romance hits, and the drama definitely hits. Basically, it hits all the checkmarks. I'm so happy after the slightly disappointing episode 10. Feels like this went back to how the show should be.

10/10 episode.
. . .
Jun 18, 2022 7:14 AM

Jun 2020
Cosplay_Joe said:
Mitch162 said:
Great episode. My favorite of the season so far 5/5
That cliffhanger at the end GAHHHHHH

Yeah, well I guess it was to be expected, considering the fact that he is going to Stanford, as we saw earlier in the series. But I honestly forgot about that until I saw this episode, which was probably why they showed it to us in the first place.

And what a great episode this was! It looks like that Tsubame is going to accept Ishigami’s feelings, and how about that fortunetelling huh? 😁

So I heard that this last episode is going to be a one hour episode, is that true? That would explain why they say this season will be 13 episodes rather than 12.

yeah, next episode is going to be 1 hour with ads. It's basically two episodes smashed in one

Jun 18, 2022 7:19 AM

Nov 2020
Duduchu said:
2 WORDS: PEAK FICTION

This adaptation man, it is just so creative, so full of passion, and detailed. Every second of it is smile-inducing. This part of the manga is absolute peak romcom, and adapted it is absolute peak anime.

The amount of creative references this season is awesome too lmao, the directing is god-tier, aswell as the animation. I really couldn’t imagine a better adaptation. A-1 have outdone themselves.

5/5
10/10

Fully agreed!

Every episode has me laughing in delight, smiling throughout, and thinking nothing can possibly top this as AOTY.

And then each next one just keeps getting better.

It's astounding how much content they're able to fit into each episode, between all the gags, visual tricks, quick little scenes that establish and build on character dynamics, and keeping multiple storylines going that blend together seamlessly in the episode.

This really is god-tier level directing. This show's just a special, generational work.
Jun 18, 2022 7:52 AM
Original Denjin

Nov 2008
Mitch162 said:
Cosplay_Joe said:

Yeah, well I guess it was to be expected, considering the fact that he is going to Stanford, as we saw earlier in the series. But I honestly forgot about that until I saw this episode, which was probably why they showed it to us in the first place.

And what a great episode this was! It looks like that Tsubame is going to accept Ishigami’s feelings, and how about that fortunetelling huh? 😁

So I heard that this last episode is going to be a one hour episode, is that true? That would explain why they say this season will be 13 episodes rather than 12.

yeah, next episode is going to be 1 hour with ads. It's basically two episodes smashed in one

OK that would explain why it still says 12, even know that I heard elsewhere that’s 13. Two episodes smashing the one to make a one hour special with ads, that clears it up. Looking forward to it next week!
Jun 18, 2022 7:54 AM
Jan 2018
What a great episode!
Jun 18, 2022 7:55 AM

Oct 2016
The Resident Evil reference, oh, my sides, that fucking killed me. The directing and creativity for the show is just insane man, making an already amazing manga, even more amazing.

Next week can't come soon enough, that 1 hour special is gonna be peak.
Jun 18, 2022 8:20 AM

Feb 2014
We are almost there! Next week couldn't come any sooner, ey!
Jun 18, 2022 8:47 AM
Jul 2021
the cliff hanger at the end of the episode is somehow both genius and infuriating, we are in the endgame now folks, after all these years we can finally see these two extremely intelligent dumbasses get over their pride and just be happy goddammit. Will talk to you again once episode 12 comes out, godspeed my fellow degenerates.
Jun 18, 2022 10:06 AM
May 2022
I liked the Take on me and Resident Evil References, pretty nice.

Also the cliffhanger...
I need the next episode, can't wait for it!
Jun 18, 2022 11:00 AM

Jun 2016
I can't wait for the last episode, Kaguya can't believe what she’s witnessing.
Jun 18, 2022 11:06 AM

May 2015
That wasnt ultra romantic! The end was ultra cliffhanger!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 18, 2022 11:08 AM
Oct 2021
Amazing episode.
Nothing too shocking happened but for some reason I think it's become my favourite episode of the season, maybe even of the whole show.
It was perfect.
Jun 18, 2022 1:19 PM

Jan 2021
Kaguya was so cute this episode.

The romance and comedy are peak as well but that's to be expected of the GOAT of romance and comedy anime.

5/5 looking forward to the final next week
Jun 18, 2022 1:32 PM
Jun 2020
I can't wait to see the last episode!!!!!!
I can't believe it's already the last one and I hope they don't leave Ishigami with a broken heart T_T
Jun 18, 2022 1:58 PM

Sep 2020
It ended at a cliffhanger, so excited for the conclusion of the season!!! Funny that Kaguya changed her attitude right away after knowing the guy who confessed is Ishigami.
Jun 18, 2022 2:13 PM

Apr 2015
that take on me reference at the beginning of the episode lmao

hopefully this season will end with a good taste after these last wholesome episodes
Jun 18, 2022 2:16 PM
Aug 2021
ChronoDimension said:
Time to prepare myself for next week. Also the fact that almost no one recognised the persona series reference to Arsene and phantom thief.

That's because neither Arsène Lupin nor phantom thief were invented by Persona
Jun 18, 2022 5:26 PM

May 2015
Hesmiyu said:
Take on me reference followed straight by a persona reference. going strong right off the bat. with the Arsene part of the phantom thief, I'm getting a feeling it's also referencing Lupin.

It's a reference to the original one, which makes sense given Shuuchiin's ties to France. Edit: The music was directly referencing Detective Conan, a series where one of the recurring characters is also inspired by Arsène Lupin.
El-MelloiJun 18, 2022 5:34 PM
Jun 18, 2022 5:29 PM
Jun 2022
I loved the scene where Miko got hit on and she was kinda into it, that was really good fap material
Jun 18, 2022 5:50 PM

Jan 2013
that Take on Me reference lol

looks like this season is coming full circle with the first season…where its Kaguya’s turn to do the “chase” at the end
Jun 18, 2022 6:00 PM
Apr 2018
I aint even watched the episode yet I just see that take on me reference and hear that they also parodied it in the OST and came straight here, class
Jun 18, 2022 6:30 PM

Apr 2020
Man I love this episode, you can tell that this show is preparing for the climax, and seeing that it'll be an hour-long finale, I am buckled up!!!

First of all, Take on Me reference is fantastic, also I hope you didn't catch it...but there's also an AmongUs reference, it was a cheeky drawing in the whiteboard ngl. Then we have Chika and Miko getting confessions, the former just brushed it off like a sigma gamer that she is, and Miko almost fell from those sweet words but Ishigami went in for the save, could've been a good hangout though.

While Tsubame x Ishigami is possibly going to be real, Kaguya and Shirogane are having the date of their lives, after watching 3 seasons of this series, you just can't expect that you'll see these kind of scenes of them looking like lovers. Also Yume saying those f'ed up things for the both of them is wild, I almost crack some loud laughs.

But time is running out and so is this season of our beloved characters, all I need to say is ummm...🎈
Jun 18, 2022 8:29 PM

Oct 2015
I'm having positive vibes that Tsubame will say yes to Ishigami.

Damn that Miyuki bomb.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 18, 2022 9:04 PM
May 2021
My heart is not ready for the next episode...but on the other hand this episode was everything
Jun 18, 2022 9:56 PM
Mar 2016
Damn this anime, make me tear up, ちくしょ! (i'm not crying, u are!!)
Waiting for the big finale and hope they deliver
Jun 19, 2022 12:55 AM

May 2020
I will always respect Ishigami.

Were-Chadgane showed up this episode & wrecked Kaguya.
Be it being good or bad.

I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 19, 2022 2:09 AM
Jan 2016
I want a full Kaguya take on me music video now anyone else?
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jun 19, 2022 4:30 AM

Oct 2008
oh what a cute coincidence! that Kaguya also hopes that Tsubame won't reject Ishigami's confession because it would be a hindrance for her confession to Shirogane!
haha Fujiwara's always gonna wreak havoc like always! - this script is gold!
5/5.
that last part of this episode, Kaguya would totally be devastated about "that".

Jun 19, 2022 7:33 AM
Oct 2018
One of the best eps ever from the greatest rom-com of all time.

Amazing that they were able to give all the major characters some decent quality time, and advance the plot on so many fronts all at once. Even Hayasaka's 10 seconds made an impact.

Even though there's no doubt the final ep will have a happy ending no matter who confesses, the hype is still off the charts. That's just how amazing this show is.

I wonder if there will be more seasons. Although the focal point of the show (who confesses first) will be resolved, there's lots more manga material out there.

One of my favorite scenes was when Iino was about to break character and allow herself to be picked up by some random guys, Ishigami showed up for the save. As an Ishigami x Iino shipper, I wish for another season just to see how their relationship could develop.
Jun 19, 2022 4:07 PM

Aug 2019
I never imagined Kaguya walking around with Shirogane during the school festival.

But the ending was heartbreaking, and the happiness didn't last long.
Jun 19, 2022 6:23 PM

Dec 2016
So many references in this episode, and it's always welcome. One I've thought right away was Persona 5 vibes, and Resident Evil.

It sucks to know Shirogane is leaving Shujin Academi so soon but at least he could've put it on hold and let him finish the 3rd year. I wonder how Shinomiya is going to deal with this. She will have to do a hard decision and I can't wait to know her answer next episode >_< Not all hope is lost for Ishigami and I'm feeling that Koyasu is giving a good answer and say yes :3

Shinomiya's phrase reminded me on one thing and the song is already playing in my head XD
PurpleGirl203Jun 19, 2022 6:27 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

509 by rohan121 »»
Jun 5, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

404 by Ari__Kun »»
May 16, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

332 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2022

237 by Assassin2112 »»
May 3, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

423 by karj100 »»
Apr 4, 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.