Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sabikui Bisco (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 11, 2022 6:08 AM
Aug 2021
What really interests me is that this is based off of a light novel. I want to read it when it comes out in English.
Life is like a tube of toothpaste
Jan 11, 2022 6:57 AM

Oct 2016
Yo, that shit was awesome. I haven't started watching Dorohedoro, but this does indeed give me Dorohedoro vibes lmao. Artstyle kinda reminds me of Id:Invaded too.

Kurokawa is the most Tsuda Kenjiro looking kinda character lmao. That man Bisco's lying was so good, but he still got caught in the end.

Characters are great too so far, Milo's cool and Pawoo's hot. I am really intrigued by the pink haired girl though. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 11, 2022 8:40 AM

Feb 2013
I loved everything except that metal music
Jan 11, 2022 8:41 AM

Jul 2019
was expecting a better animation but hey, the rest was interesting.
Jan 11, 2022 10:23 AM

May 2015
This seems decent enough. Definitely has some potential to become great!
Jan 11, 2022 10:31 AM

Apr 2020
Woohoo let's GOOOO!!!! Sabikui Bisco is here!!!....huh. This episode sure introduced us into a legit BANG as the "Iron Man" destroyed the hell out of Japan. And with the story slowly but not yet surely making sense to most, this anime is going to be a slow-burner.

Not gonna lie, this has the feels of an anime-original, I just feel the vibes of it. Of course it's not, it's source is a light novel, but the way it opens up to us makes us feel that it's a grand story slowly unraveling itself. The characters sure are colorful enough to pass, Bisco is a fucking 2022 badass MC waiting to burst out, Milo is a bishie doctor (ooh that face), and her equally badass sister Pawoo who only has the rust to her detriment.

Like most of us, we don't know the full scope yet, but I guess Bisco is a terrorist to most people, but framed the wrong way. And with Guv' Kurokawa and the Imihama Prefecture surely chasing him out of the land, this is surely likely to be a thrilling adventure. Let's just hope that it is a great one. I get these Akudama Drive vibes with this anime. I also hope it doesn't end mutely like Akudama, and more of like y'know---
Jan 11, 2022 10:50 AM
Nov 2019
Very interesting start. First episode showed multiple random conversation in nonlinear pattern to feed viewers informations. I am presenting them in linear pattern as per my understanding. Sequential events of first episode:
(1) Everything actually started from someone called "Iron Man" causing explosion to give us the post apocalyptic set up.
(2) After that (how much time not known) Mashroom Guardian called Bisco started attacking one prefecture after another. Last one being Gunma.
(3) Now it takes us to the start of the episode where you can see the name of the place with poster is actually "Gunma" where Bisco is wanted for his terrorist attacks. A Monk is trying to go Imihama from there.
(4) But the Monk is actually Bisco in disguise. Hint is given with the bow. We can guess that he escaped from Gunma. Exactly what happened isn't shown.
(5) What happened is exactly not known but somehow a false news was spread/made spread about the terrorist (Bisco) getting killed by Gunma by Gunma government.
(6) A big city was turned into Mashroom city in between as shown in the news.
(7) And finally they invaded Imihama where Dr. Milo and his sister lives.

Really interested in next episode.
Jan 11, 2022 10:59 AM
Nov 2019
Stark700 said:
The world setting for this show is actually kinda interesting.

Characters like Milo and Pawoo are introduced but they don't interest me much yet. On the other hand, it seems the anime takes on a mature ending without much humor. And plus, I do kinda like the general premise of the show.

They should probably try and get us more invested into the main cast. So far, only Pawoo has somewhat impressed me.

Already invested in Bisco :3
Jan 11, 2022 12:11 PM
Jan 2020
Honestly, the first episode was so wild I loved it. The concept seems pretty unique from other things I've been watching recently so I'm hoping it keeps at the standard it set for itself already and doesn't fizzle out!
Jan 11, 2022 2:18 PM
Jan 2021
SABIKUI BISCO Episode 1 IMPRESSION

Now this is what you called a hidden gem! I'm starting to get really worried my effort diving into the lower charts gonna be a total dissapointment this season, honestly this whole winter season might be the weakest one i've experience in a while. But thank God, out of all generic full of exposition premiering we had, theres Sabikui Bisco breaking the boundary with a BANG!

This episode come out like an explotion (literally) no explanation, no exposition just full of immersion. The groundlayer of worldbuilding aspect thrives naturally proofing that it is true, about actions speak louder than words. Finally a show that didn't tread us like a children that needed exposition every 10 second

And my God the score and the music that alligned perfectly with the the post-apocalyptic theme, is like a honey in my ears

The downsides that i can say, as a lower charts anime you could really sees how generic the animation is, the action feels cheap and the overall style somehow outdated. They also seems to rush the pacing a bit, there's a handfull of characters that i know would be important soon didn't get a propper screening time. But hey, atleast this is the freshest premier i had this season, i'll happily overlooked all of that issues

So if you're looking for a fresh narrative, a dark fantasy with the atmosphere and a music quality that feels like MM:Fury Roads if it's in anime form? DON'T HESITATE!
Jan 11, 2022 2:21 PM

Nov 2012
Some of the action spectacles were nice this episode but otherwise not completely sold on this. Granted it been only one episode but already seeing some red flags in the characters.

The typical sole outcast wrongly accused of something bad, but is actually a guy with a golden heart. The typical "do everything he can at any cost" doctor, who is bounded by righteousness and driving by his research to find a cure. A sister warrior type, single mindedly driven by her job to keep peace and protect her brother even at the cost of losing her life. The corrupt mafioso like mayor that runs the town and likely seeks power & profit by withholding the cure and/or research on the cure.

Did I like this episode? Yes. Do I think it's overtly special? No, not at all.
Jan 11, 2022 3:25 PM

Jun 2013
It's interesting even though I had no idea what was going on
Jan 11, 2022 3:27 PM

Nov 2020
That was honestly so interesting. At first I didn’t really understand much, which is understandable as it’s the first episode, but the general gist is pretty clear. Love seeing a wacky new premise. I’m sure there will be a fair few haters, fueled by the fact that the premise is slightly odd, but it truly is a breath of fresh air. Loads of people said they expect more from the animation in the coming episodes but I thought it was great here. Really hope bisco is a badass mc, nekoyonagi seems like a genuinely great guy, maybe if they team up, bisco can start his ascension to becoming a hero.
Jan 11, 2022 3:59 PM
Dec 2021
Great episode! Greninja.
Jan 11, 2022 4:53 PM

Jan 2021
The concept is interesting I liked it the setting and the animation and also the PLOT in this episode was really good

Jan 11, 2022 5:37 PM

Jul 2016
Zeenogre said:
Honestly, the first episode was so wild I loved it. The concept seems pretty unique from other things I've been watching recently so I'm hoping it keeps at the standard it set for itself already and doesn't fizzle out!

The concept has me hooked in at the moment. Hopefully keeps going strong.
Jan 11, 2022 7:45 PM

Oct 2020
Nice premise. I'm interested to see where it'll go from here although I hope the animation gets better.
Jan 11, 2022 9:13 PM

Oct 2008
ohohohow! this seems interesting! a keeper for sure!
5/5.

Jan 11, 2022 10:35 PM

Dec 2008
The first ep left rather lukewarm impression. However, the premise of tossing narration between different momnets in time might be beneficial later down the line.
Given the strong mushroom motif I wonder whether cretors will throw in some references to Dorohedoro.
Jan 12, 2022 3:33 AM
Feb 2021
This first episode has me hooked! The world and characters all look very interesting. This episode got straight into the action and really helped set the tone of the show. I'm excited to see what's coming.
Jan 12, 2022 4:15 AM

Feb 2019
Aggressively incoherent and mediocre. Dull art, animation and music, empty worldbuilding, repulsive designs, and above all just boring as hell. And ever-so-lazy characterisation, it's expies left and right. Not worth my valuable time, that's for sure.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jan 12, 2022 6:55 AM
Jan 2022
I really liked it. Quite bonkers and mushroom terrorist is funny.

I think this could be the most fun new anime this season

4/5
Jan 12, 2022 8:10 AM

Jun 2013
GREAT PREMIERE! first episode already got me interested especially to the main character Bisco, man looks so badass (& Pawoo's a baddie). will definitely look forward to the next episode

that cliffhanger tho:
sharinbaiJan 12, 2022 8:13 AM
Jan 12, 2022 8:44 AM

Jul 2016
I believe it's going to be a really good series. Such a post-apo atmosphere and great music do the job. I'm very curious about the main character, Bisco. I really like his design and his voice is great too.Yeah, he looks so badass. And I must say that I love Tsuda Kenjiro's voice, who is Kurokawa's voice actor. Looking forward to the next episodes.
Jan 12, 2022 12:46 PM

Apr 2021
Thigh_Tide said:
Aggressively incoherent and mediocre. Dull art, animation and music, empty worldbuilding, repulsive designs, and above all just boring as hell. And ever-so-lazy characterisation, it's expies left and right. Not worth my valuable time, that's for sure.

Good old unnecessarily critically people. Gotta love those.
Jan 12, 2022 2:15 PM
Nov 2016
The worldbuilding here look batshit crazy, the english major in me is frothing at the MOUTH from how something as absurd sounding as this show works as well as it does. I'll admit not every character has exactly clicked for me yet but the atmosphere so far is what's really carrying it for me. I know the first volume of the light novels comes out on the 18th, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for that one because despite everything else, this series really has piqued my interest out of everything for this season.
Jan 12, 2022 2:16 PM
Nov 2016
The worldbuilding here look batshit crazy, the english major in me is frothing at the MOUTH from how something as absurd sounding as this show works as well as it does. I'll admit not every character has exactly clicked for me yet but the atmosphere so far is what's really carrying it for me. I know the first volume of the light novels comes out on the 18th, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for that one because despite everything else, this series really has piqued my interest out of everything for this season.
Jan 12, 2022 6:14 PM

Apr 2020
What a wacky premise. Welp that was a pretty confusing episode. It feels like I've had only understood 40% of what was going on, but it seems pretty interesting. This basically features Milo who wants and trying to save his sister suffering from rusting using mushroom which is the root of it and Bisco who is the terrorist who's goal we still don't know.

My only issue with this is there's too much exposition and interactions that doesn't seem to feel natural. Aside from that, it's all pretty good. OP is kinda mid though but the visual looks great.
Jan 12, 2022 6:15 PM

Apr 2020
Thigh_Tide said:
Kindly elaborate please.
Jan 12, 2022 6:59 PM
Mar 2021
Thigh_Tide said:
nice opinion, sadly you gave a 10 to a hatsune miku advert and gave a 9 to high school DxD so it doesn't matter
Jan 12, 2022 9:01 PM
Jul 2009
Thigh_Tide said:

And nothing of great value was lost lol
Jan 13, 2022 2:06 AM

Apr 2018
That was fun, i'll try to follow this anime, i have 2 reason so far:
1. Natsuki hanae.
2. Pawoo, she's hot AF.
Jan 13, 2022 4:04 AM

Feb 2019
Oongbuh said:
Thigh_Tide said:

Good old unnecessarily critically people. Gotta love those.

A - Why would being critical be unnecessary?

B - How can you identify this even is being "critical," rather than "fair?"

RegulusX said:
Thigh_Tide said:
Kindly elaborate please.

I'm not really sure on what, I feel I got straight to the point, but alright.

Well to begin with, the checkpoint was evidently used as a framing device for introducing Bisco, but it was also interspersed with sequences in the city taking place at a different time, that I'm still not certain are meant to be prior or earlier. The obvious reveal was pulled out too long, even into the next episode, it seems, which only further causes the sequence to be less of an opportunity for narration and more an interruption to the story. I haven't read the source material, but I would assume this is a holdover from the book, where such an idea would likely make a lot more sense, only the adaptation failed to consider how it breaks up the visual flow, a problem which the original obviously didn't face.

Which segues to the art and animation, where both are just uninspired. No unique techniques or designs, which on the one hand I do note there wasn't much opportunity to do in this first episode, but that in itself is rather an issue. I'll tangent off on the pacing for a sec; the whole episode felt more like the first half of one. I'll admit, I did initially consider leaving it for one week longer, if it had done an hour-long premiere perhaps it could have done something.

Worldbuilding, while a lot of people have given it a lot of praise, there was really not much shown. We know that there is a Rust disease and Mushrooms are a thing, and that this guy and his sister live in a shithole. That's about it. We didn't really get a good glimpse at society there, or the local history, or even any sort of power structure. We got hints of that last point, but it quickly devolved to a generic gang doing gang stuff. As with the art and animation, the issue here is primarily a lack of creativity.

And then the few characters we've been shown are just basic anime tropes. There's no evident depth to any of them. I really can't think fo what else to say on that point, just again, no evident creativity.

Judging from what positive claims about this show are saying It rather seems like most of what this show has going for it is being weird, throwing all sorts of poorly-explained nonsense at the viewer fast enough for them not to notice. The phrase "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit" springs to mind.

LifeGiver said:
Thigh_Tide said:
nice opinion, sadly you gave a 10 to a hatsune miku advert and gave a 9 to high school DxD so it doesn't matter

You would first need to demonstrate either of those are incorrect views. As of yet you're just trying to say "You are wrong about X because you are wrong about Y," with neither actually shown to be true. That's a fallacy.

Koshi_Inaba said:
Thigh_Tide said:

And nothing of great value was lost lol

Demonstrate that to be the case. Come on, actually stand behind your insults.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jan 13, 2022 4:49 AM

Sep 2020
I find it absolutely crazy that as soon as I hear Milo's voice, I'm like "yeah that's Tanjiro's voice actor" no hesitation whatsoever, such a familiar voice.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 13, 2022 5:08 AM

Sep 2020
Damn Ishigami is Bisco's VA this cast is stacked!

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 13, 2022 5:24 AM

Jul 2014
An interesting if somewhat confusing first episode. Nothing wrong with a non-linear approach like this, but I hope it's not the approach for the entire show as it's not the easiest to follow; in this case, it seems that Bisco's border crossing happened before anything we've seen with Panda so far and that he'd made it into the city somewhere between Panda's two visits to the manjuu seller, and I'm guessing that Bisco's arrival in Panda's apartment comes after a confrontation with Pawoo, given that he probably only just got there as Panda woke up.

Still, very curious to see where this goes going forward.
Jan 13, 2022 5:30 AM

Oct 2015
That was an odd first episode. I'm still confused with all the mushroom madness but I think I'm gonna like this one.
Let there be light...
Jan 13, 2022 7:44 AM

Oct 2015
It was an interesting first episode^^
Learning bits about the world, but not too much.
I'm looking forward to more episodes
Jan 13, 2022 8:19 AM

Dec 2016
Really an interesting start. I can already say that I'm gonna enjoy this anime the most in this season.

The only thing that bothered me was how they randomly kept switching from the desert scene to the city scene. That kinda made it confusing.

I'm new in hearing Junna sing such heavy song but it goes with this anime really well.

Love the ost.
Jan 13, 2022 10:35 AM

Jan 2008
Can't say I'm a fan how the show is handling the story swapping from one point to another and back and forth. Seems a bit... pointless. Seeing the preview from the next episode it seems to still be doing so.

I didn't have any expectations from this show and honestly, I still don't know what to think of it.
Jan 13, 2022 2:24 PM
Dec 2009
I enjoyed everything but the dialog. Terrible exposition dumps lazily dressed up as conversations. I'm going to stick with it a bit longer and see if the writting gets a bit more organic after the initial world-building phase is over.
Jan 13, 2022 6:47 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m glad I decided to picked this one up, I found this to be very awesome, a lot of it was very unique and it gave me vibes of some over the top shows we’ve gotten before, tho it isn’t quite over the top yet, just very out there and honestly I love it. We’re just thrown into this world with little explanation and left to guess what’s happening with the context clues we’re getting, minus a few explanations. I’m also loving the character designs, waifus are hot so far lol, and that OP at the end was awesome. Definitely glad I ended up picking this up, I look forward to understanding why mushrooms are outlawed lol.
Jan 13, 2022 7:19 PM
Dec 2019
Kind of a weird story but in a good way. This is probably the most unique anime that I've ever seen. I can't take it seriously that the guy shoots arrows and mushrooms appear. Overall I think this anime will be pretty good.
Jan 13, 2022 8:59 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
First off damn this new studio kicking ass, animation was on point. The music is really good too. Got so many questions on why the mushroom but I'm sure we will find out soon enough.
Also wonder why the sister wants the mushroom eater so much.

Looking forward to this anime it looks fun and good.
Jan 14, 2022 12:54 AM

Feb 2021
Looks like everything based on Mushroom, mushroom destroyed city, mushroom creates rust disease, also mushroom can be use to treat the disease, lets watch and see.....
Jan 14, 2022 1:30 PM
May 2021
I'd say this is a good introduction
We got to know the main characters
We got to know the world
And the direction of the story
But it's too soon if it's great or not
I'd say it was good set up and it has potential to be a great show
May 2021
We got to know the world
May 2021
We got to know the world
May 2021
We got to know the world
Jan 14, 2022 6:41 PM
Sep 2018
It reminds me a touch of Borderlands x Mad Max, it’s very colourful too which I’m sold on! Hope this continues to be one of the decent shows of 2022!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2022

102 by nick_el_son »»
May 29, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2022

87 by nick_el_son »»
May 29, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Mar 28, 2022

142 by Maelmaster »»
May 15, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2022

85 by Yasminaa »»
Apr 11, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sabikui Bisco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2022

200 by Koukyoukyoku »»
Jan 10, 2:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.