Forum Settings
Forums

What is your most hated anime that everyone seem to love

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 14, 2021 10:21 AM

Feb 2020
i dont hate the one piece anime but i dont understand how people can give it an 8+ and come on who likes boruto naruto's fucked generation.
Apr 14, 2021 10:23 AM
Nov 2018
Horimiya still cant see why people enjoy it
Apr 14, 2021 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
Hrybami said:
PiyushSan said:

It's a Slice of Life - Seinen anime. Were you expecting it to be overly dramatic or something?

So, because it's a seinen slice of life we cannot call it boring? Also, yes it's overly dramatic.

Why are you trying to misinterpret what I'm saying. 3-Gatsu no Lion is slow paced but calling it boring just for that is really stupid.
And yes, it is quite dramatic, but it's nothing like Toradora and Golden Time that you seem to like so much.
Apr 14, 2021 10:33 AM

Apr 2020
For me it is Your lie in April, which is a feminist anime

I think it is extremely overrated
"Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life."

-Fang Yuan
Apr 14, 2021 10:34 AM

Sep 2014
PiyushSan said:
Hrybami said:

So, because it's a seinen slice of life we cannot call it boring? Also, yes it's overly dramatic.

Why are you trying to misinterpret what I'm saying. 3-Gatsu no Lion is slow paced but calling it boring just for that is really stupid.
And yes, it is quite dramatic, but it's nothing like Toradora and Golden Time that you seem to like so much.

Sorry for misinterpreting, but calling something slow boring does not sound stupid to me at all. What should they call it instead?
Apr 14, 2021 10:36 AM
Apr 2020
Bakuman.
I don't hate this anime, i just didn't like it.
Don't be a ketsunoana
Apr 14, 2021 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
Hrybami said:
PiyushSan said:

Sorry for misinterpreting, but calling something slow boring does not sound stupid to me at all. What should they call it instead?

Call it slow paced or something, Idk. But to say that a show is bad just because it's bit of a slow burner really annoys me.
Apr 14, 2021 10:49 AM

Sep 2020
My most disliked anime that everyone seems to love is probably Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo or The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. I found it insanely boring and I couldn't give any less fucks about any of the characters.

Now thinking about it, maybe I didn't like it because I watched it in dubbed.

Or a NagiAsu. Well, I can't really say that I didn't enjoy the anime but I was only watching it because I liked the visuals. I found the story incredibly stupid.
Apr 14, 2021 10:55 AM

Apr 2020
Toradora. I do not understand why people enjoy a show that is predictable, has boring love interests, and has the most unfunny humor ever

have your own opinion tho i dont care
I can't even function as a human being anymore.
Apr 14, 2021 10:59 AM
Jan 2021
fullmetal alchemist, idtk why i feel its hyped and over-exaggerated
Apr 14, 2021 11:01 AM
Jul 2017
I know people love Evangelion but I hate Neon Genesis Evangelion to my core
Apr 14, 2021 11:04 AM

Jan 2021
steins gate.
didnt quite like it, idk why people love it so much

:D Forg
Apr 14, 2021 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
clannad always and forever
monogatari series
ghibli stuff is watchable to me but is ridiculously overhyped imo, and i find the art style ugly
Apr 14, 2021 11:12 AM

Sep 2014
PiyushSan said:
Hrybami said:

Call it slow paced or something, Idk. But to say that a show is bad just because it's bit of a slow burner really annoys me.

lol it's because of attitudes like this that there are crap anime in the top.
Apr 14, 2021 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
Hrybami said:
PiyushSan said:

Oh, so what anime do you think should be at the top?
Apr 14, 2021 11:14 AM

May 2011
Studio Trigger basically.

- Gurren Lagann (had 8 decent episodes at least)
- Kill la Kill
- Darling in the Franxx (haven't tried it yet but I am not too hopeful)
Apr 14, 2021 11:18 AM

Feb 2020
Hunter X Hunter its just a generic shounen that will never finish. Overlord can't stand any of the characters and the plot is dumb. And Jobless Reincarnation the MC is the worst part of this show dropped it pretty quick plus it did not need to be ecchi.
Apr 14, 2021 11:21 AM
Jul 2020
For me, it is Fairy Tail and Black Clover
Apr 14, 2021 11:28 AM

Sep 2014
PiyushSan said:
Hrybami said:

At least something that doesn't put people to sleep.
Apr 14, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2019
Horimiya, not everyone loves this anime but there are many people who appreciate it and unfortunately it is an anime far from good.
Apr 14, 2021 11:29 AM

Oct 2019
THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA

it was not good..
Apr 14, 2021 11:34 AM

Dec 2020
Devilman Crybaby. i will never understand the hype around it and why tiktok like it so fucking much. and why they use 'as the world caves in' which is a great song in every fucking edit of this shitty show?
キラ ❥ 𝗂'𝖽 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝗅𝗒, 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗆𝗒 𝗐𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗌𝗈 𝖽𝖾𝗇𝗂𝖾𝖽
Apr 14, 2021 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
Hrybami said:
PiyushSan said:

You mean something that requires average brain capacity to understand?
Apr 14, 2021 11:47 AM

Sep 2014
PiyushSan said:
Hrybami said:

You mean something that requires average brain capacity to understand?

Wait, you mean this isn't currently the case?
Apr 14, 2021 12:03 PM

Sep 2020
Full Metrash Alchemist Brotherhood
That trash was too boring and the story was going nowhere.

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
Apr 14, 2021 12:09 PM

Jun 2020
rohan121 said:
A Silent Voice.
Yes expected more out of it being so high in the rankings
Apr 14, 2021 1:32 PM
Mar 2020
I don't like the Jojo franchise. Part 1 and 2 are decent enough, but I hate part 3. I was really bored while watching it, fight scenes seemed too still and stretched(with few exceptions like D'arby fights, final fight, and Vanilla fight), inconsistencies really bugged me and Jotaro is one of the worst main characters I have ever seen. Part 4 was barely acceptable with a better character cast and villain. Part 5 was actually good, not a masterpiece or even great but it was more enjoyable and I liked its messages.
Apr 14, 2021 1:36 PM

Mar 2021
Haikyuu. It's just basketball. Whats so special about it.
Apr 14, 2021 1:43 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Naeneonchii said:
Yea Haikyuu is a pretty bad basketball anime, I agree.
Apr 14, 2021 1:53 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
everyone loves oregairu, but I just can't stand it. Don't hate it as much, but I still don't get re zero either

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 14, 2021 1:56 PM

Aug 2019
Talentless Nana. I watched it because everyone on Tiktok was saying it was good and Mothers Basement said it was decent but now I'm wondering wtf everyone was on when it was airing because holy shit did that show suck so much ass :/

I hated it all the way from the 2nd episode and just pushed through it to see if it "Got any better" and no it never did.
Apr 14, 2021 1:58 PM

Feb 2017
Those are:
-Naruto
-One Piece
-Bleach
-Fairy Tail
-Kill la Kill
-JoJos Bizarre Adventure
-Osomatsu-san

I don't know why people love them, like those series are the best thing in the world, but for me, they are so dumb/boring/lame/annoying or all the four...
We are EVERYWHERE...
Apr 14, 2021 2:09 PM

Mar 2018
Violet evergarden it’s one of the most boring anime I’ve ever seen and all it does is tearjerk you every episode but it fails horribly because it’s with a new character we’ve literally just met that episode. I mean I really don’t get anyone who cries at that show unless they’re incredibly sensitive or have a related experience to one of the characters. It honestly encapsulates everything I hate about kyoani most of theyre shows to me are just constantly trying to unnecessarily tearjerk but fail in doing so with good animation to hide how average-bad most of the shows I’ve seen are.
DaokoscakeApr 14, 2021 2:15 PM
Apr 14, 2021 2:13 PM

Dec 2016
Naeneonchii said:

the fact that the cast are teenagers and they have hot bodies.

make them more adult or more kiddy, make them ugly and I can assure you nobody would care about Haikyuu.
Apr 14, 2021 2:25 PM

Aug 2016
Neon Genesis Evangelion an Devilman crybaby. I would rather watch a rock grow than spend any time watching these shows.
Nothing's new under the sun and that's OK.
Apr 14, 2021 2:27 PM
Jan 2021
Probably Kakegurui. It's so bad ppl only like it for the hot girls. There are no stakes which sucks cause it's a GAMBLING ANIME!
You know that every time you watch a game, everyone will come out fine no matter what was bet. If someone bets their hand, I want to see someone's hand gone. Don't go to such insane degrees of bets if you won't follow through.
You could say money is a high stake but NOPE. Yumeko seemingly has a bottomless pit of money. every other character (aside from the boring-ass self-insert character whose name I can't bother to remember) views money as no object too
Apr 14, 2021 2:28 PM

Apr 2018
e5812 said:
your name, if two people not seeing each other and never interacting between each other falls in love its not a good romance, re:zero, characters are annoying, bunny girl senpai, characters without personality and cliche, mha, i don't hate this one, i just find it average.

Taki and Mitsuha actually interact quite a bit with each other (via notes and messages), to the point where one even manages to set the other on a date despite literally being separated by space and time. The setup itself is actually quite interesting from a romance standpoint and is relatively airtight from a logical standpoint. Your Name does have its issues, but imo the romance between Taki and Mitsuha isn't really one of them.
Apr 14, 2021 2:35 PM
Nov 2017
epidemia78 said:
I dunno about "everyone" but the original Higurashi and Kanata no Astra are two really terrible anime that lots of people seem to love.

Have you seen both parts of Higurashi? Cause if you haven's seen Kai then you missed half the story.
and yeh higurashi is gooood
Apr 14, 2021 2:38 PM
Jul 2019
elyysann said:
Maybe Haikyuu, is just so boring, I didn’t even finish the first episode.

I feel like thats a mood other than the anime itself, I'm sure no matter what I watched right now I'd think its trash because im in that mood when u feel like everything is boring u know what I mean? Even if I watched my fav show, feeling like that, it would lead to me finding it boring

or maybe u just dont like it lol
Apr 14, 2021 2:43 PM

Apr 2020
Jujutsu Kaisen
If the animation was by something like A-1 Pictures it wouldn't have as much hype but it's still a good 8/10
Apr 14, 2021 2:44 PM

Jun 2017
a silent voice/haikyuu/grand blue
Apr 14, 2021 2:49 PM

Aug 2018
SaberFace said:
epidemia78 said:
I dunno about "everyone" but the original Higurashi and Kanata no Astra are two really terrible anime that lots of people seem to love.

Have you seen both parts of Higurashi? Cause if you haven's seen Kai then you missed half the story.

Higurashi S1 had promise which Kai proceeded to destroy.
Apr 14, 2021 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
The ones in mal top 50 that I gave 1, so between these five

AoT
Code Geass
Spirited Away
Made in Abyss
Vinland Saga

I hate them equally
Apr 14, 2021 3:36 PM
Nov 2017
epidemia78 said:
SaberFace said:

Higurashi S1 had promise which Kai proceeded to destroy.

Bruh.. Kai was the ultimate wrap up to the story, but to each their own I guess, I respect your opinion
Apr 14, 2021 4:22 PM

Jan 2021
Probably haikyuu cant take more of that show

───────────────────────────
𝕸𝖞 𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖋𝖎𝖑𝖊 | 𝕸𝖞 𝕬𝖓𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝕷𝖎𝖘𝖙 | ありがとう
───────────────────────────
Apr 14, 2021 4:45 PM

Jan 2021
Vinland Saga. It's a trash fire, and Asskelad is shit.
Apr 14, 2021 4:53 PM

Jan 2017
Shingeki no Kyojin, I sometimes wonder about its appeal. It just get so repetitive. Even though I watched all of it except the final season. I just haven't had the time to do it.
Apr 14, 2021 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
Tristar_Shinobi said:
N2O_king said:

if you haven't seen it, then why do you hate it? at LEAST watch the first episode of a show before judging
actually I have ,dropped in 1 min but I don't want to spoil my list and don't have any interest watching it.

if you don't have any interest watching it then just don't, no need to start and drop it. plus people sound a lot more agreeable and respectable when they say "I don't have any interest in watching the show" instead of "I dropped it a minute in because it sucked"
Apr 14, 2021 6:04 PM
Aug 2020
fuck Re:Zero. it's bad and you're bad if you like it.

I'm right, you're wrong.
Apr 14, 2021 6:23 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread locked.

For Breaking Anime Discussion Rule 2
Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. picture collecting
b. random "xx vs. yy" (e.g. random anime/manga/character xx vs. random anime/manga/character yy)
c. gossiping about individuals (e.g. youtubers, channels/videos, MAL members, other sites' users, etc.)
d. personal storytelling, narration, ranting, and/or blog-style posts; these topics only encourage a one-way discussion where members are commenting on the poster's idea, and should be posted using blog feature instead

This thread is pretty much a rating/score discussion. Which you can use the official "Most Overrated/Underrated Anime Discussion Thread" when wanting to discuss about an overrated/underrated anime.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Yesterday

56 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
2 minutes ago

» Anticipated summer 2024 for anime

ani2016 - Jun 10

8 by RaiYou »»
16 minutes ago

» Characters you want to sit on you / in your lap uwu

IpreferEcchi - Jun 10

29 by Entity72 »»
23 minutes ago

» What is the greatest disguise ever?

SgtBateMan - 4 hours ago

6 by APolygons2 »»
34 minutes ago

» Is it possible to recommend 2000s Anime to kids nowadays?

Dragevard - Jun 10

33 by niknasr »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.